SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support

Comprehensive remote support software for end-user support and system troubleshooting.

Work for SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support?
Securelink review  2x

Learning about SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support?

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support Reviews

Showing 16 SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support reviews
SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by <span>Shouhei M.</span>
Shouhei M.

Nice desktop remote application

What do you like best?

Remote onto the target PC and view the current screen (instead of RDP in a new instance). Installs application on target PC without prior setup. Has tools to ping target PCs for basic network troubleshooting. I also really like that we can remote onto PCs outside of our organizations network by sending a remote desktop authorizations through email or instant messaging. This feature has allowed us to support remote users outside of our network.

What do you dislike?

Has no real configuration setting so that i have to set the view controls every time i log in and use the software. I also dislike that even though I have a solid connection to the target PC, the remote connection fails or takes an extended amount of time for a successful session to start. Restarting the target PC does help most of the time but it becomes moot when your trying to see the error that the user is trying to show you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for remote desktop services. I can remote onto any PC or server with this even if the target PC does not have Dameware loaded or running

Dameware solves our remote support problems when working with end users having issues on their PC without IT staff going on site to work on the issue physically. This saves us many working hours by being able to stay at our desks and work with end users at remote sites

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support
SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by <span>Venelina V.</span>
Venelina V.

Overall good

What do you like best?

DameWare allows me to remote into clients' computer machines and completely gain computer control, while also allowing the user to observe my actions on their end. I like the feature of "locking" the end-user's controls and thus preventing them from accidentally interrupting any processes that I am running on their computer. I also like that you can save the IP addresses of the machines that are most used in a visible "favorites" column.

What do you dislike?

Resolution is sometimes distorted, depending on the settings on the end-user's monitor. Although not a critical problem, scrolling up/down and left/right constantly could be time consuming and annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend DameWare for your business purposes.

I use DameWare every day in my efforts to provide application, POS, and general support to 50+ users that are dispersed all throughout the state. In addition, I use DameWare to also provide support/show a to the users in our home office.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

Dameware Mini Remote Control - Great flexibility

What do you like best?

That you can logon to a computer in different (trusted) domains remotely without a user being there, as long as the PC is on and at logon you can log on as a local admin and do your stuff.

What do you dislike?

We're running an old version. There's no upgrade path and its incredibly expensive software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it, you won't regret it. Unless cost is a factor.

Allows for less time wasted on solving IT related issues - like all remote control software. This software seems more flexible than many others I've used (like logmein). Allows for a number of different ways to connect. Latest version allows for Mac support as well, which is very nice.

Easy remote access software

What do you like best?

This is a great remote access tool for enterprise environments. It is more secure than Windows Remote Desktop. Works great with AD as well, which is very handy in an enterprise environment like a school district with schools that are miles apart. Mouse and keyboard controls flow seamlessly between your local machine and the machine you are remoted into. When trying to remote into a system that doesn't have the client software, it gives you the option to push the client software out to the machine so that you can get in to help the customer.

What do you dislike?

When trying to copy text from your local machine and paste to the remote machine, the option doesn't always work.

In our school district, it is rare that we have a tech in every school at any given time. A lot of the time, problems that users call in with are fixable over the phone, but other times, it requires a more hands-on approach and Dameware makes this very simple. Just request the IP address from the user, and you're in!

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

Great program for IT Usage!

What do you like best?

I'm able to get into user's PCs with no issue, it blacks out their screen so they know they're being monitored and i'm able to remotely control the machines to resolve the issue, never had I a program so easy to use that I could work remotely, it's awesome!

What do you dislike?

Registration was a problem, it seemed like there was too many hoops to get through to register the program, once done it was fine, but on more than one occasion it's caused me to walk away from my PC in frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you won't go back to any other remote desktop problem I tell you!

Remote Control of PCs in my Job function is key, and this is a great piece of software to be able to do that, the benefits have been so much that users across the globe can get help like I was sitting next to them!

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by <span>Cesar R.</span>
Cesar R.

4+ years using Dameware in Business Enviornment, great tool!

What do you like best?

Its ability to control virtually any computer on our network including macs. Also its wide variety of built in tools in DRS that allows various functions to be accomplished. We use it to get a visual on machines when users report issues. It also allows me to run command remotely via its remote command prompt option requiring no user intervention or awareness.

What do you dislike?

Not many dislikes. Its gui looks to be a little outdated visually. Its find search feature could be a bit better. Sometimes it won't find a pc or query unless you are very specific. An export feature would also benefit the program where you would be able to export containers listed in you ad containers. Sometimes the remote command prompt can be a bit buggy in 64 bit os unless you preinstall on your base image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great program. If you label your pcs in AD with proper descriptions this software would be easier to use in finding pcs. It has never failed in connecting to a remote pc and even allows us to connect to users if they are connected to our vpn.

Dameware lets us be anywhere our pcs are located. We have many remote satellite office and dameware lets us troubleshoot virtually any issue without leaving our core location. We can also install various programs remotely without user awareness or intervention.

Learning about SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support?

* We monitor all SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.