SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support

Comprehensive remote support software for end-user support and system troubleshooting.

Work for SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support?

Learning about SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support?

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support Reviews

Ask SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support a Question
Showing 16 SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support reviews
SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Shouhei M.
Shouhei M.

"Nice desktop remote application"

What do you like best?

Remote onto the target PC and view the current screen (instead of RDP in a new instance). Installs application on target PC without prior setup. Has tools to ping target PCs for basic network troubleshooting. I also really like that we can remote onto PCs outside of our organizations network by sending a remote desktop authorizations through email or instant messaging. This feature has allowed us to support remote users outside of our network.

What do you dislike?

Has no real configuration setting so that i have to set the view controls every time i log in and use the software. I also dislike that even though I have a solid connection to the target PC, the remote connection fails or takes an extended amount of time for a successful session to start. Restarting the target PC does help most of the time but it becomes moot when your trying to see the error that the user is trying to show you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product for remote desktop services. I can remote onto any PC or server with this even if the target PC does not have Dameware loaded or running

Dameware solves our remote support problems when working with end users having issues on their PC without IT staff going on site to work on the issue physically. This saves us many working hours by being able to stay at our desks and work with end users at remote sites

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support
SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Venelina V.
Venelina V.

"Overall good"

What do you like best?

DameWare allows me to remote into clients' computer machines and completely gain computer control, while also allowing the user to observe my actions on their end. I like the feature of "locking" the end-user's controls and thus preventing them from accidentally interrupting any processes that I am running on their computer. I also like that you can save the IP addresses of the machines that are most used in a visible "favorites" column.

What do you dislike?

Resolution is sometimes distorted, depending on the settings on the end-user's monitor. Although not a critical problem, scrolling up/down and left/right constantly could be time consuming and annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend DameWare for your business purposes.

I use DameWare every day in my efforts to provide application, POS, and general support to 50+ users that are dispersed all throughout the state. In addition, I use DameWare to also provide support/show a to the users in our home office.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Dameware Mini Remote Control - Great flexibility"

What do you like best?

That you can logon to a computer in different (trusted) domains remotely without a user being there, as long as the PC is on and at logon you can log on as a local admin and do your stuff.

What do you dislike?

We're running an old version. There's no upgrade path and its incredibly expensive software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it, you won't regret it. Unless cost is a factor.

Allows for less time wasted on solving IT related issues - like all remote control software. This software seems more flexible than many others I've used (like logmein). Allows for a number of different ways to connect. Latest version allows for Mac support as well, which is very nice.

"Easy remote access software"

What do you like best?

This is a great remote access tool for enterprise environments. It is more secure than Windows Remote Desktop. Works great with AD as well, which is very handy in an enterprise environment like a school district with schools that are miles apart. Mouse and keyboard controls flow seamlessly between your local machine and the machine you are remoted into. When trying to remote into a system that doesn't have the client software, it gives you the option to push the client software out to the machine so that you can get in to help the customer.

What do you dislike?

When trying to copy text from your local machine and paste to the remote machine, the option doesn't always work.

In our school district, it is rare that we have a tech in every school at any given time. A lot of the time, problems that users call in with are fixable over the phone, but other times, it requires a more hands-on approach and Dameware makes this very simple. Just request the IP address from the user, and you're in!

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by User in Aviation & Aerospace
User in Aviation & Aerospace

"Great program for IT Usage!"

What do you like best?

I'm able to get into user's PCs with no issue, it blacks out their screen so they know they're being monitored and i'm able to remotely control the machines to resolve the issue, never had I a program so easy to use that I could work remotely, it's awesome!

What do you dislike?

Registration was a problem, it seemed like there was too many hoops to get through to register the program, once done it was fine, but on more than one occasion it's caused me to walk away from my PC in frustration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you won't go back to any other remote desktop problem I tell you!

Remote Control of PCs in my Job function is key, and this is a great piece of software to be able to do that, the benefits have been so much that users across the globe can get help like I was sitting next to them!

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Cesar R.
Cesar R.

"4+ years using Dameware in Business Enviornment, great tool!"

What do you like best?

Its ability to control virtually any computer on our network including macs. Also its wide variety of built in tools in DRS that allows various functions to be accomplished. We use it to get a visual on machines when users report issues. It also allows me to run command remotely via its remote command prompt option requiring no user intervention or awareness.

What do you dislike?

Not many dislikes. Its gui looks to be a little outdated visually. Its find search feature could be a bit better. Sometimes it won't find a pc or query unless you are very specific. An export feature would also benefit the program where you would be able to export containers listed in you ad containers. Sometimes the remote command prompt can be a bit buggy in 64 bit os unless you preinstall on your base image.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely a great program. If you label your pcs in AD with proper descriptions this software would be easier to use in finding pcs. It has never failed in connecting to a remote pc and even allows us to connect to users if they are connected to our vpn.

Dameware lets us be anywhere our pcs are located. We have many remote satellite office and dameware lets us troubleshoot virtually any issue without leaving our core location. We can also install various programs remotely without user awareness or intervention.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Administrator in Consumer Goods
Administrator in Consumer Goods

"Dameware NT Utilities ver. 6.9"

What do you like best?

I like Dameware because the interface is very easy to get to used to. The ability to save a log of commonly used machines is very nice. It also has the nice ability to review the event log and registry remotely without disrupting the end user. I also like that when you remote into a machine, you can easily tell that you are remoted into a machine unlike Remote Desktop which often can be confused with the same machine you are on.

What do you dislike?

The main thing that I do not like is that when I have a saved list of commonly used machines, it will often jumble up the way I have them saved. I create sub folders to organize my machines and sometimes it will duplicate a machine, put it in the wrong folder or even randomly delete them. This is my biggest dislike with this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product. It is stable and works very nicely. The cost is very nice compared to some other remote desktop support tools. I have spoken with Dameware a few times and they are a nice group. The software is also very nice because they have a large support forums which is active with current users.

I am solving the ability to remotely administer, control and support over 200 machines on a daily basis. The major benefit is the ability to take care of business quickly and efficiently. I also have the ability to remotely support servers which is very useful.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Remote Assistance made Easy"

What do you like best?

Easy way to remotely log into a user system in order to handle issues quickly and efficiently, agent installs remotely as long as you're an admin. The drop down menu of AD computers quickly populates and shows which machines are online and available.

What do you dislike?

The update for the 64 bit agent never seems to go through, but it has no impact on the product as a whole.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll love it, I promise.

We're getting a better ROI on my and my technicians time as we're not running out the door for every little thing.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"DameWare Remote Control is a good product and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Having the ability for multiple authentication methods if you have different platforms and/or systems with different requirements. Different connection types (RDP and VNC) can be helpful at times.

What do you dislike?

- If you are to connect via a proxy the connection is quite slow. More so than some of their competitors products

- After using the software's locking user keyboards/mouse feature it might not allow you to unlock without having to disconnect and reconnect to the machine for them to continue to work with you if you need their assistance in troubelshooting

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that you get a trial version of the product first. Look at the time it takes from attempting to connect to a workstation that does not have the client product installed on it. It will allow the remote connection to happen but it must first push the client out from your computer to the remote computer. If you are over a slow connection it can take awhile.

We use the Remote Control tool for remote connectivity into desktop/laptop computers when users need additional troubleshooting outside of the basic question/answer sessions we have.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Adrián A.
Adrián A.

"awesome remote support tool"

What do you like best?

It is a must-have for any administrator! The features are powerful, consolidate a range of windows tools into one console. It has an easy installation and deployment. Not too expensive for the useful it is and what it does. Solid out of the box functionality.

What do you dislike?

Remote console support is delayed and is not intuitive. Has a limited amount of support options. Requires remote agents for some tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DameWare let you manage servers, notebooks and laptops remotely so you can quickly support end-users. Also provides you the ability complete Windows Administration tasks remotely.

Provided the ability to hold multiple active sessions with multiple users on the same remote session.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Lukasz K.
Lukasz K.

"Good DameWare Review"

What do you like best?

I like the best that DW can control more than just Windows OS's.

What do you dislike?

The main dislike is the user interface; it can be improved for easy of use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you perform a proof of concept to determine if this is the right solution for your company.

We resolved the issue of having to be at the users computer; with DW we can manage any machine at any of our business units.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Roberto B.
Roberto B.

"little but helpful"

What do you like best?

simple and complete software. Can create stand alone client installation and deploy on network.

Possibility to connect on client asking permission, so end user can feel safe and not spied

What do you dislike?

cant create group of client computer or temporany list of last connected client

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy and useful. remote assistant for helpdesk user. can connect remotly with different account: administrator or simple user. Can lock remote mouse and kayboard ;)

can support businness client from my room instead of run up and down solving problem

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Joel R.
Joel R.

"Dameware advantages over other remote tools"

What do you like best?

The ability to remote install from the client to a non installed client.

What do you dislike?

There are issues with remote video when using both Dameware and Remote Desktop. Example would be if you use Remote Desktop then go back to Dameware you are only given a black window.

Remote access, unattended.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by Sarah M.
Sarah M.

"My experience with DameWare has been very good"

What do you like best?

I like that I can use screen sharing and that I can easily send files to the remote PC i am working on. I also like that i can lock the keyboard and mouse on the remote pc

What do you dislike?

The only thing i dislike about Dameware is that it times out too quit and lags a lot.

I am currently solving PC issues. The benefits i have realized is that it is very easy to use.

SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Great rdp/vnc tool"

What do you like best?

Easy organization of all pc's and servers one needs to remote desktop or vnc to.

Remote installation of the client is a nice to have feature.

What do you dislike?

Cannot fully maximize the window depending on the remote computers resolution.

Organization of our many pc's and servers and being able to easily connect to them remotely as most of them are not physically close to us.

DameWare is one tool that helps us achieve this.

"Good remote solution for low budget"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, autoinstall client and the price is very attractive for entreprise

What do you dislike?

Bandwitch consumption is a bit high for this kind of product by default

Recommendations to others considering the product

Low price.... per admin

Inventory function and diagnostic utility arr very interesting and user friendly...

Remote control computer park, inventory and computer diagnostic

Learning about SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support?

* We monitor all SolarWinds DameWare Remote Support reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.