SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management

SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management

Powerful, flexible, and scalable remote monitoring and management tool for IT service providers and MSPs, available through either cloud or on-premises delivery. SolarWinds Remote Monitoring & Management empowers you to manage, monitor and secure your network from within a unified web-based console. This RMM offers a comprehensive suite of best-in-class security services delivered as part of a single integrated platform.

Work for SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management?

Learning about SolarWinds MSP RMM?

SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management Reviews

Ask SolarWinds MSP RMM a Question
Showing 37 SolarWinds MSP RMM reviews
SolarWinds MSP RMM review by <span>Andre L.</span>
Andre L.

Review of SolarWindws MSP

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Patch Management: Ease of deploying agents; patch management relatively simple.

Monitoring: Day to day monitoring seems to be relatively easy.

Remote restart: works well enough

Remote command prompt is very handy

What do you dislike?

Tech Support: Tech Support response time since Solarwinds purchased company. It can take a day for tech support to reply and then I become NOT available.

Remote Support: The remote control (MSP Anywhere) program is definitely not Teamviewer. It makes the graphics very blurry and requires too many adjustments.

Remote Add/Remove: we need feature to remotely uninstall software without a remote control session. This would help us and reduce our remote time.

Script Failures: it would be easier to use if the portal made it easier to troubleshoot why a script failed.

Feature forum: my requests keep being removed from the forum since Solarwinds MSP took company over. Features we need and/or have problems with are specifically provided there. It was great when GFI was actually listening to their users and producing features we WANT and NEED. This form of crowd sourcing is a key, actually has been a key very important feature. Because my requests we closed out, I not longer follow the forum and no longer suggest anything. I am not going to waste my time because I am not getting hear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better integration with existing software and more checks for existing backup providers. Allowing use of existing Teamviewer license with my service.

Patch management, maintenance and help desk

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management
SolarWinds MSP RMM review by <span>Leola S.</span>
Leola S.

good, a like

Validated Review
What do you like best?

IT service management platform that helps you grow your business and provide outstanding service that earns you loyal customers. And you can get started in minutes.

Comienza a correr en minutos con una plataforma potente y flexible que requiere una configuración mínima

What do you dislike?

In my opinion it is very good, it is easy to install and configure, it has a good technician. every time it helps, it was easy to communicate.

therefore I have no complaints about it, excellent platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Management (MSP RMM) empowers you to manage, monitor and secure your network from within a unified web-based console,

makes it easy to quickly detect, diagnose and resolve performance issues including route and multicast issues and delivers real-time views, reports, charts and dashboards that enable you to visually track network performance at a glance. Plus, using dynamic network topology maps and automated network discovery, you can deploy and keep up with your evolving network without breaking a sweat

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Enterprise IT Management Suites solution do you use?

SolarWinds MSP RMM review by <span>Jerome K.</span>
Jerome K.

Great Product for my Consulting Business

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I loved the on boarding that was provided by the company before I started using their product. Since they grow if I am successful, having someone assist me with getting everything set up properly was a great experience.

What do you dislike?

The macOS support is there but is currently not integrated into the main dashboard (Also, enrollment has to be performed manually in all Mac shop). Solarwinds is currently working on it and I can't wait to see the improved integration.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the on boarding process...it is a great experience and the Solarwinds folks are very helpful!

Ever since I have started to use this product, it has been much easier to manage my client's computers remotely versus having to consistently go out onsite to take care of common tasks. The more time I have, the easier it is to spend time with more customers.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
SolarWinds MSP RMM review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services
Validated Review
What do you like best?

Automation through this product is outstanding. The ability to build automation that asks for input in the web console before executing is astounding. The ability to build custom monitors using PowerShell or SNMP is very powerful.

We're able to create custom filters based on nearly any metric and either push third party solutions or define monitoring specific to the device. For example- we built a customer Hyper-V Replication monitor to ensure Hyper-V Replication is current and healthy. We defined a filter (group) for any server with the Hyper-V role installed. We then defined a service template with the pertinent logs / replication / etc. monitoring defined. A rule ties everything together such that every server we deploy with the Hyper-V role installed is automatically monitored for the specific metrics and events we want to see.

What do you dislike?

Integration with third party tools (especially AV Defender) is terrible. Support is lukewarm on the best of days unless you get management involved and even then...you're likely to leave unsatisfied. Management doesn't want to tell the technical people their answers don't make sense and the technical people are happy to take advantage of that weakness in management.

The system provides a lot of flexibility, but be prepared to be told that taking advantage of that flexibility is not supported. Or be prepared to suffer the consequences of unusual behavior.

Because of how large and complex the product is, it sometimes seems like it doesn't integrate with itself: For example, when monitoring agent upgrades happen, it causes a device to fail to check in for a few minutes. If you're like us, you want to know the second a device fails to send out a heartbeat. SolarWinds has a mechanism called "downtime" for instances where you know a device will go offline for a period of time and don't want lots of alerts / PSA tickets. SolarWinds doesn't use it's own mechanism when upgrading agents so every upgrade cycle I end up with 300+ tickets that I shouldn't see.

For our managed clients, we're seeing greater consistency as we have our third party software set to deploy where appropriate automatically. This means there is less for our technicians to worry about remembering in complex environments.

SolarWinds MSP RMM review by <span>Isaac J.</span>
Isaac J.

Serviceable entry RMM for MSPs

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The best part of Solarwinds MSP RMM is that it does a fairly good job of being ready to go out of the box. There isn't a great deal of tweaking required like some other RMM solutions require. Likewise, the interface is layed out pretty well and you can easily see computers under management.

What do you dislike?

Some of the checks don't work, they can mysteriously break even on a system fresh out of the box, the vulnerability scan being the biggest offender. It also struggles with patching, sometimes a computer won't patch for extended periods without notifying the system, or patching will permanently break with a constant failure (oddly the computer might be able to be manually patched in this scenario). While some like the automation building tool, I found it clunky and not as straightforward as just building scripts; however, whether or not a script will run tends to be a bit hit or miss as up to 1/4 of machines might just ignore and order to run a script, especially if the script is newly created. Finally, scripts generally need to be applied to computers on a per site basis so it doesn't scale very well in this regard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other choices for entry/mid level RMM which include NinjaRMM, AEM, Pulseway, and Atera and those should also be trialed when considering RMM. Other more complex RMMs like Labetch, Kaseya, or N-Able (also from Solarwinds) should also be looked at.

We used Solarwinds from the time it was GFI, later MaxFocus under LogicNow, and then as MSP RMM under Solarwinds. It helped us to manage our clients' computers and provide remote support to various small businesses. It was generally effective albeit we eventually moved off as we matured as a service provider.

SolarWinds MSP RMM review by Administrator

Simple yet powerful

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Easy to use and still have powerful tools at your disposal. Being web-based allows me to be onsite and still see what is happening across my entire client base. Most of my clients are medical and having a BAA signed to ensure HIPAA compliance has been a huge plus and even a selling point with some prospects.

What do you dislike?

The time it takes for scripts or checks to run from when they're activated in the dashboard to actually run on the endpoint takes more time than I'd like. Adding new tasks and scripts to multiple clients and locations has to be done individually, I'd like to be able to assign everything I need to all systems at once.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure it will handle all your automation requirements and can scale with your business.

I've been able to manage all clients in one simple location. I always know the status of every machine and can automate the majority of my tasks. This has been a huge time saver and made me more profitable while offering better service to my clients.

Learn more about SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management

SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management Videos

Learning about SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management?

* We monitor all SolarWinds MSP Remote Monitoring & Management reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.