1. Easy to install
2. Easy to manage, monitor and administer your infrastructure
3. Licensing cost is competitive
4. Monitoring and alerting capability
5. Custom alerting which includes auto correlation is very much possible
6. Reporting capability is great (custom reporting is possible)
7. NPM as well provides a feature called UNDP, which allows you to create your own custom poller via SNMP poll on the OIDs that are not used by SolarWinds NPM to monitor the underlying infrastructure. (The above statement talks about creating custom monitoring which solarwinds npm doesn't provide by default, say if there is a requirement to monitor a KPI that solarwinds npm doesn't monitor as part of their of built in monitoring, you can always create your own KPI using UNDP)
8. Views / Dashboards can be customized to a greater extent
9. Can be integrated with AD&LDAP for access to Solarwinds NPM Web GUI, its not always necessary to create a application user or windows based user to access SolarWinds.
10. Scheduled monitoring is available (say suppose you want to unmanage or stop monitoring few devices due to scheduled factors/known downtime , thats possible in solarwinds, you could either unmanage the device or mute the alerts associated to those devices)
11. NPM can consume snmp traps and syslog messages from underlying infrastructure.
12. NPM integrates well with Service Now and other known Manager of Managers via SNMP Traps and syslogs.
13. It as well has a scope for automation but needs to be explored and can be performed as required.
14. It as well contributes to NetPath and Perfstack which are few good features that are available on the tool.
15. It as well has a High Availability capability and could be setup on need basis for HA and DR as required.
NPM is a great tool for systems and network infrastructure monitoring, license cost is less, its easy to setup and its a feast for administrators. You could deploy and start monitoring your infrastructure in less than a days time with NPM.
Most of it has been explained above, majority of our customers use Solarwinds NPM and its a great tool for monitoring systems or network infrastructure, saves us a lot of money by keeping its eyes rolling over business critical devices.