SolarWinds Patch Manager

SolarWinds Patch Manager integrates with WSUS and Microsoft update agent, and automatically updates Windows patches based on custom schedules. In addition, you can create different patching schedules for different business groups within the organization per custom requirements.

Work for SolarWinds Patch Manager?
Alienvault usm  vm  2x

Learning about SolarWinds Patch Manager?

SolarWinds Patch Manager Reviews

Showing 25 SolarWinds Patch Manager reviews
SolarWinds Patch Manager review by <span>Zakiya C.</span>
Zakiya C.

Great solution for patch management

What do you like best?

This is the first tool I’ve used that’s specifically built for patch management and it serves it’s purpose. It’s effectively applies patches downloaded to servers and reboots and planned.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes you have to run a task multiple times in order to get the patches to install on a systems. It’s also not very inuitive for first time users setting up tasks. Also which there was a web interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great product to use for patch management solutions. Especially environments that take advantage of WSUS.

Automating the patch management process and being able to scale easily as we add systems to the environment. I would like to be able to get to the Web interface. We were told by the vendor that the web interface doesn't work well so we don't use it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds Patch Manager
SolarWinds Patch Manager review by <span>Rabecca A.</span>
Rabecca A.

It helps me see what updates need to be installed and which have failed.

What do you like best?

I love being able to push updates, then see how successful they were. It is really helpful to see which computers are failing as then I can determine the cause specific to each computer.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the check remains for days even though the installed updates went in.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is an ease of use that helps make sure Patches are made and maintained. We use this with the RMM as well and they work really well together.

Finding out when computers have Microsoft update issues. I can then go directly to the PC and resolve them.

What Vulnerability Management solution do you use?

SolarWinds Patch Manager review by <span>John W.</span>
John W.

Easy install and configuration.

What do you like best?

I like that the installer did not require me to manually download and install SQL and WSUS. They were deployed automatically as a part of the installation. The to do list is also helpful in configuring the server. Once I got Patch Manager working it greatly reduced our effort to keep systems updates.

What do you dislike?

Every time I attempted a connection Patch Manager displayed a permissions error. After a while I figured out that WSUS and Patch Manager can't be on the same server, but I wasted a day on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't install WSUS on the same server.

Makes patching installed software very easy to visualize, manage and deploy. It greatly reduced the company's use of IT resources to update systems across the network.

SolarWinds Patch Manager review by User in Information Technology and Services

Patch manager

What do you like best?

I like what it offers. WSUS, SCCM, vulnerability management, patch compliance, etc. The level of security we feel with this manager is top-tier. The alerts and access we get to things like managed computers, management groups, windows updates, approved/preapproved/unapproved agents.

What do you dislike?

It was challenging for some to learn to manage it. Perhaps could be more user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this management system for small to mid-sized companies looking for a way to assist their clients with patching and vulnerability scans.

Vulnerability issues are the biggest priority at the company. We have many clients we manage, so it is crucial for us to always know we are helping them be secure.

SolarWinds Patch Manager review by <span>Shaun J.</span>
Shaun J.

Makes patch management a breeze.

What do you like best?

It is an easy to use single online platform to manage multiple devices across a number of operating systems.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I haven't had any issues using Solarwinds patch management.

We recently had a number of issues with laptops crashing due an out of date driver which was resolved by forcing the update to silent install through patch management.

Almost an entire company had an issue resolved without any of them knowing it.

SolarWinds Patch Manager review by <span>Seth B.</span>
Seth B.

Patch Mgr review

What do you like best?

Love the software where I can push out updates to 3rd party updates like flash, java, and chrome with a breeze.

What do you dislike?

Can’t push out Mac updates and support to custom packages is minimal.

Allowing us to keep software like java and flash which get updated frequently installed on our client machines. Machines are kept up to date weekly instead of manually updating them as needed.

Learning about SolarWinds Patch Manager?

* We monitor all SolarWinds Patch Manager reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.