Solarwinds SIEM

SolarWinds SIEM is a Log & Event Manager software that Eliminate threats faster with instantaneous detection of suspicious activity and automated responses for mitigation and compliance.

Work for Solarwinds SIEM?

Learning about Solarwinds SIEM?

Solarwinds SIEM Reviews

Showing 12 Solarwinds SIEM reviews
Solarwinds SIEM review by <span>Jeremy M.</span>
Jeremy M.

"LEM the SIEM for you"

What do you like best?

Although its a stand alone packaged appliance for VMware or Hyper-v it does a great job delivering an interface both easy to read and very detailed and delivering tremendous content well organized and timely.

What do you dislike?

I wish SolarWinds would integrate it with Orion. However I know there is great difficulty in that process. This would also strain the database significantly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Setup the trial, compare it to anything else on the market. There are probably some limitations if you are a really large enterprise, but over all it will fit almost any business need.

better understanding of where problems really are, security vulnerabilities, and reporting. Compliance is a big win with SolarWinds.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Solarwinds SIEM
Solarwinds SIEM review by <span>Manisha P.</span>
Manisha P.

"Decent software but really hard to find any assistance and has gone downhill"

What do you like best?

Five years ago they used to allow a free demo which made the pricing to be easier to understand. On the product end, there is ease of management. Ease of Alerts/alert suppression within SAM and NPM. NTA mapping of whole environment makes a huge difference in scalability. Lots of documentation tools and resources.

What do you dislike?

Initially I was frustrated that their support people have only a basic idea of how the product works but now its hard to even reach assistance and although their website continues to acknowledge their flaws, not many steps have been taken to rectify them. Also a bit pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Switch to PRTG or OpManager. Wait until Solarwinds is back to focusing on growing its customer base with better service.

We used Solarwinds for database and systems management. Benefits were that documentation, upgrades, and scaling became a lot easier. We did venture towards IT support but that was not as well handled.

What Security Information and Event Management (SIEM) solution do you use?

Solarwinds SIEM review by <span>Mehdi T.</span>
Mehdi T.

"REVIEW ON SOLARWINDS"

What do you like best?

Extreme modularity and its flexible ability to integrate with other products of the company's.

What do you dislike?

one of the biggest disadvantage with creating topological maps created automatically during the process of discovery. This fails to support a graphical visualization of the ISO/OSI levels of conection between the equipment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Scalability, user intuitive, easy to install and not very high on costs. I would recommend it.

Solarwinds is very simple and intuitive user interface. For example, the dashboard for each piece of equipment. Scalability was one of the biggest concerns in our business. and solarwinds offers a solution to that. It offers scalability on infrastructure at all levels, starting with the easy installation of additional polling engines to increase the number of managed devices.

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"This review is about Solarwinds SIEM."

What do you like best?

I like best about Solarwinds SIEM is that it is very quite flexible. Solarwinds SIEM has the ability to monitor servers. Solarwinds SIEM has the ability to keep you, your group, and your organization informed of specified servers that you choose to monitor within the corporation.

What do you dislike?

At this time, I cannot find any dislikes about Solarwinds SIEM. I am only a user of Solarwinds SIEM and I have not personally implemented the solution, so I cannot provide any information on any hardships that might have been faced when installing the application in our environment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recommendations to others considering Solarwinds SIEM is what I had previously suggested. I think there are some good features that it is able to offer, but unfortunately, I have not completely and entirely explored the software and application in its full. That being said, what I have used it for though is what I would recommend. I believe that for our usage at my organization with Solarwinds SIEM it has met some of our needs because it has the ability to actively monitor our hardware. However, I am certain that there is a huge part of the software that I have not yet explored as well, so I cannot comment on that.

The business problems that we are solving with Solarwinds SIEM is being able to provide real-time support and proactively monitor crucial and critical processes that might affect a Production system and environment. By being able to monitor the health of these Production servers, Solarwinds SIEM will allow us to quickly identify any potential issue with specified processes.

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Higher Education

"It does it's job"

What do you like best?

It's easy to re-assign tickets, and easy to respond to users. The interface is clean and provides means of changing the ticket categories as needed.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything that is in the creator's power. It'd be nice if it auto-closed tickets.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a decent product. I don't know what else is out there, but it does the job.

Any computer issues that come up and network issues have tickets put in for repair. It helps keep a record of what was done or who still needs help.

Solarwinds SIEM review by <span>Stephen D.</span>
Stephen D.

"I use Solarwinds multiple times everyday"

What do you like best?

It puts all of the tools that I need in one easy to access place.

What do you dislike?

The reporting could be a little more robust.

Monitoring and management of all our network devices

Solarwinds SIEM review by <span>Scott D.</span>
Scott D.

"Not terribly useful or int"

What do you like best?

Well... it does collect logs, so it has that going for it

What do you dislike?

Agents don’t work in a consistent manner. Management is not intuitive. Data analysis options are poor

Yeah, not solving that much

Solarwinds SIEM review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer

"Very nice monitor"

What do you like best?

Help us a lot to monitor any problem on our Smarteam server around the World.

What do you dislike?

I think there is nothing I dislike for now

On time resolution for Smarteam services.

Solarwinds SIEM review by <span>Naga V.</span>
Naga V.

"User Experience with SolarWinds"

What do you like best?

Web, Application Server and URL monitoring

What do you dislike?

Application functionality monitoring is not a strong point

Application availability and NOC monitoring

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Higher Education

"Beginner to solarwinds , Blew my mind"

What do you like best?

Solarwinds is supercool. The way it merges everything in one place for network monitoring is cool

What do you dislike?

It is not the easiest tool to configure and use. Requires special skills and training. Also very few people know it exists in back.

Network monitoring, Network Assurance

Solarwinds SIEM review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Great System to Track Wifi Points"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and great to see different areas and types of points that we have mapped

What do you dislike?

nothing super easy to use and understand

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use and great for wifi checkpoints tracking

Wifi checkpoints and strengths

Solarwinds SIEM review by Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages
Executive Sponsor in Food & Beverages

"It was easy to install, but the configuration needed vendor involvement"

What do you like best?

The GUI is nice. Easy to navigate features.

What do you dislike?

The difficulty configuring and understanding all the settings.

The ability to easily monitor the issues we had with security such as USB devices.

Learning about Solarwinds SIEM?

* We monitor all Solarwinds SIEM reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.