SolarWinds Standard Toolset

(13 reviews)

Monitor & alert in real time on network availability & health with tools including Real-Time Interface Monitor, SNMP Real-Time Graph, & Advanced CPU Load.

Work for SolarWinds Standard Toolset?

Learning about SolarWinds Standard Toolset?

SolarWinds Standard Toolset Reviews

Showing 13 SolarWinds Standard Toolset reviews
SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Ank P.
Ank P.

"Network monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

Solar wind is the best network traffic monitoring tool which is higly reliable and scalable tool.Through solarwind, network enginner can easily monitor network health and can troubleshoot network connectivity related issue.its very easy to install and configure.With the help of solarwind, we can easily monitor route,switches and pbx servers.you can monitor bandwigtr h of routers,switches.you can set threshold which can check latency,jitter in packets.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about solarbind,its so useful for the network engineer,network administrator but few observation i found during it use.

1)SolarWind is a bit costly than other monitoring tool software use too many server resources which cause the application to fail and disrupt ease.

2)it require more space in the system.When use it with GNS3 than its performance decrease a littile bit.

SolarWind provide timely alerts and warnings so network support team easily get to know about the network issue's encountered in certain location.These alerts help us to resolve network problem and run our network smooth. its user interface is very inutitive and you can start monitoring your assets almost immediately. It's support for different monitoring mechanisms (snmp, wmi and agent) provides adaptability to mostly any network.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SolarWinds Standard Toolset
SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by prashanthi r.
prashanthi r.

"Versatile tool-set for Monitoring Network Management"

What do you like best?

-Gadgets which has all the tools needed for a network engineer

-Creating customized tab for the tools the user needs,creating a tool-set the team uses within that tab,which is as easy as drag and drop from the Gadget menu and can then be shared with the team.

-Real time response rate for PING and traceroute and is shown in the graphical chart.

-Monitoring tool which monitors CPU,and monitor availability of devices,there are DNA discovery,IP management,ping sweeps can be done and scanning subnet masks within a configured set.

What do you dislike?

Its a very useful tool with all the integrated functionality needed for a Network admin.

There is nothing to dislike.

Network Administration,

Monitoring,Operations and Engineering

Network planning.

What Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution do you use?

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Mike R.
Mike R.

"Solarwinds is freaking amazing"

What do you like best?

The ability to monitor all of our networks and infrastructure cannot be matched

What do you dislike?

The cost is quite high and there does seem to be a hard push for sales closer to end of quarters however that gives organizations a chance to try-buy-trial new products they may actually like/need!

Monitoring network infrastructure, predictive internet down, ability to provide better service to our end users.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Shaikh A.
Shaikh A.

"Monitoring Net Toolkit"

What do you like best?

The Tool to monitor the Network Traffic.

Easy to install and user friendly

Option to create the shortcut's, Easy drag-and-drop which make it more user friendly.

It helps to monitor CPU, Network Monitoring and Managing the IP's.

Breaking Free from Hardware

It a cloud-first backup tool for data offsite.

Real time support

What do you dislike?

I don't think so i have anything as if now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say its the best tool for network admin.

-Monitoring the networking and identifying the issue

- Manage or more over organized Network

-Modern Backup.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by User in Pharmaceuticals
User in Pharmaceuticals

"Real-time interface monitor "

What do you like best?

I like how this has various tools and helps with daily network management. The tools are very versatile and help to monitor a variety of devices such as the CPU. My fav is the ease of monitoring route, switches, and pbx servers.

What do you dislike?

It is a very useful tool. However that being said, it can be very pricey. I haven’t seen a lot of departments in my company use it due to the high cost. Hopefully that will change over time. Nonetheless I don’t have many things that I dislike about this.

Solar winds helps provide alerts for any network issues. These alerts help to resolve network problems by keeping that real time and open communication with the team.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Mark W.
Mark W.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

I love this product. It is great at watching network interfaces and giving me real-time stats as well as historical stats.

What do you dislike?

Cost is always one of my complaints with Solarwinds. Great products, but expensive.

Gives us real time stats of our WAN.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Solar Winds has everything for Monitoring"

What do you like best?

It is very quick and easy to setup. You can be running reports and dashboard monitoring within a few hours.

What do you dislike?

I do not really dislike anything. The only thing I could see someone griping about would be that they offer so much that it could be a little over whelming if they've never used tools like this before.

We are using the Network Performance monitoring more than anything else. We watch different traffic and usages.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Nathan B.
Nathan B.

"Great basic tool"

What do you like best?

thew Ping sweep tool is one I use all the time for scanning network subnets

What do you dislike?

That the tool is limited, but I realized you have to pay money for the rest

quick way of scanning a network subnet to see what addresses are available.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by User

"Quick and Efficient"

What do you like best?

SolarWinds allows all users who utilize it to have easy access to the tools we need and we are able to get things done for the company.

What do you dislike?

I have not discovered a single thing about this product that I can complain about.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very effective to make the necessary changes and updates to any process.

I am able to get work done quicker and our projects take less time to configure for the new updates to our company website.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by User

"extremely good to use"

What do you like best?

versatile toolset, handy, easy to use, accurate

What do you dislike?

honestly not much to dislike. does in one program what i used to need multiple to do

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it!

as someone who streams for side income, it's important that i have a tool that allows me to monitor my bandwidth and allow me to monitor internet traffic for troubleshooting purposes.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Consultant

"Solar Winds "

What do you like best?

The toolset was all I needed to complete what I was seeking to learn. To help me from beginning to end.

What do you dislike?

It was easy to grasp what I needed to do.

To complete my task with ease. I realized I needed to have these tools.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Administrator

"Wide ranging necessary toolset"

What do you like best?

SolarWinds is the best network monitoring tool.

What do you dislike?

It can be costly. It all depends on which licensing you require.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a trial run.

Increased network visibility, and it easier to track down problems while using this toolset.

SolarWinds Standard Toolset review by Administrator

"Getting work done more efficiently "

What do you like best?

Ease of use and versatility. Diagnostics are much easier.

What do you dislike?

Initial set up and configuration can be a pain some times.

Able to effectively get data on network devices.

Learning about SolarWinds Standard Toolset?

* We monitor all SolarWinds Standard Toolset reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.