SOLIDWORKS Visualize

SOLIDWORKS Visualize provides a suite of standalone software tools that combine industry-leading rendering capabilities with design-oriented features and workflows.

Work for SOLIDWORKS Visualize?

Learning about SOLIDWORKS Visualize?

SOLIDWORKS Visualize Reviews

Ask SOLIDWORKS Visualize a Question
Showing 34 SOLIDWORKS Visualize reviews
SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Minh P.
Minh P.

"DS Solidworks"

What do you like best?

Solidworks allows me to get the dimensions of objects to build tooling for it. Alot of the equipment we use in the industry already has CAD files so we can download it using solidworks and we are able to see if our tooling fits the actually device/equipment.

What do you dislike?

It has alot of options and there are so many different ways to do things on sw, I sometimes accidentally click and lose all of my toolbar and it takes me awhile to find it again. I am still a new user but it is overwhelming at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Youtube is a savior you can find alot of tips and techniques online to help better use the software and optimize your experience. Solidworks does come with a training class to allow you to better increase your knowledge on how to use certain designs. Download cad and drawings online really helps the user see what they are trying to achieve through their design. You can also take parts online and copy the drawings from the forums and online tool/help sites.

We are using this software with our integrator to develop new tooling and machinery that we can adapt into our production line. We can simulate and see the actual spacing and dimensions to help better understand the process flow of the material and products.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SOLIDWORKS Visualize
SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Sara R.
Sara R.

"Easy to learn, high quality product images"

What do you like best?

I have a background using adobe products, CAD, and Revit, so when I was asked to learn solidworks to do some product renderings for work, I was able to jump right in and start using the program. It is fairly user friendly, with a background/knowledge of how a 3-D program works. I really like all the specific lighting features, so I can get the right highlights on the shiny surfaces of our products.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features and tools have icons that were hard to get used to. I think a lot of the confusion is from not having much experience with the rendering program. Learning what some of the specific names of tools mean and what their function is, just takes time to play around with the program to figure it out. I did not do any formal training or tutorials on this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend either doing a quick tutorial or asking someone with experience to show you the ropes. I had a little help from a coworker, who told me some of the main tabs/tools to use to manipulate the image. Stick to the basics and you can quickly output really great images.

I am able to render high quality, photo realistic images of products prior to being able to shoot actual photographs. This helps so much with advertising, packaging, and sales efforts. Being able to have good images right away of a new product/concept is great.

What 3D Rendering solution do you use?

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Manuel Alberto M.
Manuel Alberto M.

"Photo realistic renders in 5 easy steps!"

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. In only 5 steps you can generate a high quality render.

You just have to import your model, apply the materials you want, the environment (background), number of cameras and you're all set. You can even import materials from the web if you feel you haven't find the right one, and If you're still unsatisfied with the visualization of your material you can edit it's surface finish and other parameters to get the look you want.

The environment or background dynamically adjust to the position of the model to generate the correct lightning and shadows. Also you can preview your render without actually generating it and adjust the quality of the preview for 3 settings: Preview (fastest), Fast, and Accurate.

Final render can be started using default settings of pre-configured render profiles which allow you to have the settings adjusted for specific products application.

It's a really easy and complete software to use.

What do you dislike?

Often, to achieve software simplicity or ease of use you have to sacrifice customization for more advanced users, of course this isn't a total disadvantage if the software meet your requirements, but can be for people who are looking for a more customizable software. Still, I think Solidworkds Visualize gets the job done for most applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely try it, it's totally worth it, and if you already have a solidworks subscription, why don't add this product aswell

Before it was hard to generate good quality renders in affordable time from solidworks files. Now with Visualize Solidworks we can create high quality renders that meet our clients needs renders in 5 steps,

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Brandon B.
Brandon B.

"Good but needs more "

What do you like best?

I like that I can get a decent looking render easily. Being able to use other systems as render nodes on the network also make creating larger and more complex renders a little less painless as you are able to reduce the time needed.

What do you dislike?

I need to do more work in another program to get professional results. Not having some the tools that are available in the Adobe CC makes this tool lose some of the benefit for me because having both I find that even after creating a render I need to make some touch-ups in Adobe or that when I create a render for one I cannot import all of the textures and scenes that I am easily able to do in Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something to give professional results in a relatively short time and have them integrate into your CAD model then this is a great product. On the other hand if you are looking to create topnotch presentations and media that really put your product in it's element to show the "Big Picture" look elsewhere.

It creates a simple tool that can be used to create renderings of products and concepts fairly quickly and with ease. I was able to create renders much faster than the marketing dept. for demos, quotes, and customer questions. Having that ability is very nice for professional presentations rather than an image that may not be as representative of the end product.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

"Solid Rendering Platform"

What do you like best?

It's a standalone program that can be run independently from Solidworks without tying up a license. Produces very realistic photo renderings. Also, comes with a free online library of materials and environments to use. All you have to do is import your CAD model into Visualize. I also like the decal importing, the background imaging and lighting schemes.

What do you dislike?

The standard version is limited to single frame still renders. It can be buggy and it has frozen and shutdown on me randomly. As a result, I have made it a habit to save my file after every change. There is a Monitor File box that you can use to continuously check the original file for changes. These could be changes to geometry or appearances. It will give you a notification to offer to update Visualize to reflect these changes. However, this feature has only worked sporadically for me. Also, when I have made the update changes, it has also overwrited all my appearance, scene and positional changes I previously made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The image quality is great, it is easy to set up and there are a range of installation options. It is also suitable for anyone looking for photo-realistic rendering.

We are looking for a simpler, all-in-one rendering solution. It is nice because you can import your CAD model into one of the file formats. Also, you don't need to be a user of Solidworks to use Visualize.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Internet

"Great CAD software"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the fact that it renders 3D models super fast. It gives you many tools to customize the model in many different forms. You can save the model in different formats. It gives you the ability to change the rendering/precision of the model depending on the extension you chose to save your model as. You can have multiple designs of the same model. It's great that it can easily give you the power to print the model using different views of the model rather than drawing the model in 2D.

What do you dislike?

I don't dislike anything but the fact that it takes so long to update to a different version. Everything worked really well. Sometimes it would crash suddenly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great software. Definitely recommended.

Modeling my own 3D Models rather than waiting on the CAD department to make the changes that I needed.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Elise B.
Elise B.

"Solidworks, perfect 3D software for product designer."

What do you like best?

Solidworks permits to realize really quickly your shape. It is really easy to modify dimensions and to compose assembly models. Every shape work in a geometrical dimensions and you can choose every data really precisely, in order to conceive your product.

What do you dislike?

The rendering area is really complicated and material are not so good. It is difficult to do nice curved surface with this software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software if you need to do 3D models, you can have really precise results and easily export it for rendering softwares.

Solidworks is my daily software when I need to do a 3D, I prefer it Instead of Rhino because it is easier to change data and improve details. With this software, I mostly do furnitures, industrial pieces, 3D printing models, home accessories...

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Jason F.
Jason F.

"Lowered score to account for training"

What do you like best?

So powerful. there is so much that you can do in this program that most only scratch the surface.

What do you dislike?

As with any powerful software, it is also complicated. There is an extremely steep learning curve with this one.without tutorials, or training I don't know if you could get anything done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you plan to have some training, or make allowances for you to do the tutorials before you give yourself any kind of deadline to meet.

I mostly used solidworks to get some engineering drawings made for patents, and some 3d printing/prototyping. Worked well, but Sketchup was so much easier to learn.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Plastics
User in Plastics

"Senior Industrial Designer"

What do you like best?

Nothing. There was nothing about this software that cannot be found in other rendering packages at either a lower cost or more importantly simpler, faster, and easier to use interface.

What do you dislike?

More complicated than it needs to be and far too resource demanding for the level of rendering quality it puts out. The time based rendering instead of resolution based rendering is ridiculous in my opinion as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy Keyshot and be done.

None, moved back to Keyshot. If we did not have Keyshot we would just save screen shots out of SolidWorks. Its quicker and usually 90% of the quality Visualize will give after an hour or more of setup time.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Design
User in Design

"Ok but you really need full package"

What do you like best?

Ease of use lack of learning curve ability to quickly visualize 3d models.

Tools are close in capability to full SolidWorks install.

What do you dislike?

Capabilities lacking in some areas including fdm and can and the full package is so much more expensive than this.

Unfortunately fusion 360 offers more capabilities for less money.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a good entry level package for people looking to get into cad, fdm, and cam.

Other packages like fusion 360 are just as good and more capible.

3d printing prototypes and quick turnaround to design and send to 3d printer

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Jason T.
Jason T.

"Solid works review from 3D specialist "

What do you like best?

Freedom of Creativity

Fluid movement system

Dynamics

What do you dislike?

Not advancing as fast as it should be

Price to acquire

User interactivity

Recommendations to others considering the product

Learn it fast by trial and error

Focus on how to navigate and do things more than the details

Solving the use of use in building highly constructive models of technology and military vehicles

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Higher Education

"3D Modeling and Drafting software"

What do you like best?

Solidworks is one of the easiest software to learn and this empowers us to do new and creative things with it.

What do you dislike?

Its applications are limited, certain features like rendering and simulation are not integrated but can be purchased separately.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The startup takes a few seconds which always bothered me and sometimes crashed when heavy models were used.

Subsea components and hardware design were my main areas of work. Drawing and Drafting of these components along with welding modules were very useful. It's integration with ENOVIA made life easy for us.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Administrator

"Adding to computers for student use"

What do you like best?

What I liked best was the easy of downloading it from a server to the computer for each student to use.

What do you dislike?

Finding the software and getting the right download to server very difficult. The file took quite a long time to download.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for the download and upload of the software. It is time consuming.

We aren't solving any business problems. We are enhancing the probability of our students gaining a position with a company because of the ability to use industry standard software.

User in Medical Devices

"Good product for solidworks users"

What do you like best?

I use SOlidworks on a daily basis. Visualize helps me design and look at the product just the way it will be in the hands of the end user.

This is really beneficial for the later stages of prototyping.

What do you dislike?

I must say I have really liked the software. Sometimes I notice a lag while rendering which would be my only complaint.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely worthy.

Since I work in the R&D department, I use it regularly for designs and prototypes for our devices.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User

"Good workflow, questionable interface and results"

What do you like best?

The optimization with solidworks is all we can ask for. The ability to import different scenes and save different views that have been created in solidworks.

What do you dislike?

The UI is sluggish and unorderly, the amount of material presets is lacking and the results of ray tracing and light bouncing are questionable.

The ability to go into presentation mode can improve the current 360 live view, during presentations. However a on par pc is needed for this functionality, not your average laptop

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Shubham G.
Shubham G.

"Very effective and productive "

What do you like best?

I really like the live motion of the parts while assembly and the handy user interface.

What do you dislike?

Less features for reverse engineering (mesh editing).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I really recommend this.

Mostly product design problems in real engineering term.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Higher Education

"Solidworks"

What do you like best?

All the new tools it offers, providing greater versatility in design

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I can think of at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're seeking great results with improved efficiency in processes, then look no further.

We've used it to create renderings for the services we provide and advertise. This provides us great ability for professional presentations rather than a simple image that may not be as representative of the services we offer.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"Very useful tool"

What do you like best?

Easy transition from solidworks interface. easy to navigate through. great variety of textures and materials, with options for more online resources. Overall final render looks great, especially for larger sizes.

What do you dislike?

utilizes a lot of resources, making rendering times significantly long, unless you have a very powerful computer

Recommendations to others considering the product

invest on a good computer before you buy. it will save you a lot of time when running renders

Instructions, photo realistic pictures for catalogs, etc

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"great tool and software for design engineering basics and advanced applications"

What do you like best?

easy to use and great capabilities for any company working with component layouts or facilities projects

What do you dislike?

all solid works software are pricey but completely worth it after the company sees the benefits

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would require the user to be familiar with CAD software but other than that it is very easy to use

CAD, 3D, real time visualization, small parts and larger facilities layouts

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Kin Y.
Kin Y.

"Good for 3D"

What do you like best?

As a 3D modeling tool, it's better than AutoCAD.

What do you dislike?

For 2D, I prefer Autocad to Solidworks as the latter is more limited.

Mechanical drawing

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by ASHISH T.
ASHISH T.

"It is very user friendly"

What do you like best?

Drawings and views and use friendly application.

What do you dislike?

Advanced features and still modification is required for 3D layout

Customer drawings with different format.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User

"Great way to see product drawings"

What do you like best?

I love how easy this product is to use and functionalize within a business and organization.

What do you dislike?

This product does need to be updated frequently with the changing version of Solidworks

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very easy to use program and integrates nicely with Solidworks

SOLIDWORKS Visualize helps business view solidworks drawings and create a design history file

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing
User in Electrical/Electronic Manufacturing

"Solid Product with Solid Support "

What do you like best?

Solidworks has a easy to use interface that is very intuitive. Add Ons like the flow simulation software and photopia make it easy to do simulations.

What do you dislike?

It can be buggy at times and crash for no reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is a reason Solidworks is the industry standard and its because it works well and there is a lot of good support on how to improve your skills.

We design lighting fixtures and do all of our design work in Solidworks. We couldn't be effective if we didn't have a 3D software.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Great software for bringing conceptual drawings to life "

What do you like best?

Great software for engineering design. It brings the conceptual ideas to like with 3-modleing

What do you dislike?

Takes awhile to get good at using this software

Recommendations to others considering the product

3d views of your engineering drawings

Ensures we can actually fit our designs to our facility in 3D view. CAD drawings only paint part of the picture

User in Medical Devices

"I use this for light work with framework for medical lighting parts and application"

What do you like best?

Easy to use. It is consistent in its menu system and functionality. You can pick up things easily and self teach due to its simple nature.

What do you dislike?

Updates can sometimes cause issues like crashing. You have to make sure you save often and use feature appropriately, or the program will not correct you.

It helps me see if the application of our medical fixture is correct.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Oil & Energy
User in Oil & Energy

"SolidWorks in Oil and Gas"

What do you like best?

Real time dimensioning. Changing designs are a breeze with SolidWorks. Change a dimension and your model automatically updates.

What do you dislike?

I have not run across anything thus far that I dislike.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend SolidWorks.

Create life-like models, professional drawings and see how your part will work using various configurations.

Saves time!!

Using SolidWorks to design oil field products is beneficial. I can't imagine a software that could produce better results.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"Capital Equipment Design"

What do you like best?

Dynamic Mating for motion studies, renderings to show customers, great for custom graphics as well

What do you dislike?

Not being able to keep all models within a single file

Reduced design cycle time

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Design
User in Design

"building 3d model fast and precise"

What do you like best?

i like how the software able user to adjust the dimension of the model easily without have to rebuild it.

What do you dislike?

might have problem to cut excess surface by creating another surface like how you will be able to in other 3d software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

best choice so far

have to remember to include the part files when sending the assembly file.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management
Consultant in Non-Profit Organization Management

"consultant"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and the customer service and help available

What do you dislike?

I've been pretty happy with everything I have seen with the product so far.

It is a great way to see your prototype without the expense of modeling

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering
Administrator in Mechanical or Industrial Engineering

"Great for new CAD learners."

What do you like best?

SolidWorks is an easy-to-learn program.

What do you dislike?

The render feature is slow, which makes it difficult to easily implement.

With SolidWorks, I am able to design basic parts, and easily transfer them to a 3D printer.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Consultant

"SolidWorks"

What do you like best?

Easy interface. Very excellent rendering tools.

What do you dislike?

Newly developed software size is too large for home computers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It provides powerful design functionality with intuitive Solidworks interface. Best suited for beginners who don't know anything about design software at all.

Fresher

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"keyshot review"

What do you like best?

full rendering with high quality lighting

What do you dislike?

program is very big. you have to use right computer to use this program

many material and lighting option is good.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by Consultant in Design
Consultant in Design

"Solidworks review"

What do you like best?

The fact that it is built into Solidworks.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far although I am still getting accustomed to the interface and functionality.

Industrial design/product design.

"Solidworks visualise"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to use for anyone who is starting up

What do you dislike?

The updates have so many visual changes in difference versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The most photorealistic software to get the best rendering solution.

Rendering

Learning about SOLIDWORKS Visualize?

* We monitor all SOLIDWORKS Visualize reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.