SOLIDWORKS Visualize

SOLIDWORKS Visualize provides a suite of standalone software tools that combine industry-leading rendering capabilities with design-oriented features and workflows.

Work for SOLIDWORKS Visualize?
Keyshot logo  3d rendering  2x

Learning about SOLIDWORKS Visualize?

SOLIDWORKS Visualize Reviews

Ask SOLIDWORKS Visualize a Question
Showing 22 SOLIDWORKS Visualize reviews
SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by <span>Minh P.</span>
Minh P.

DS Solidworks

What do you like best?

Solidworks allows me to get the dimensions of objects to build tooling for it. Alot of the equipment we use in the industry already has CAD files so we can download it using solidworks and we are able to see if our tooling fits the actually device/equipment.

What do you dislike?

It has alot of options and there are so many different ways to do things on sw, I sometimes accidentally click and lose all of my toolbar and it takes me awhile to find it again. I am still a new user but it is overwhelming at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Youtube is a savior you can find alot of tips and techniques online to help better use the software and optimize your experience. Solidworks does come with a training class to allow you to better increase your knowledge on how to use certain designs. Download cad and drawings online really helps the user see what they are trying to achieve through their design. You can also take parts online and copy the drawings from the forums and online tool/help sites.

We are using this software with our integrator to develop new tooling and machinery that we can adapt into our production line. We can simulate and see the actual spacing and dimensions to help better understand the process flow of the material and products.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SOLIDWORKS Visualize
SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by <span>Sara R.</span>
Sara R.

Easy to learn, high quality product images

What do you like best?

I have a background using adobe products, CAD, and Revit, so when I was asked to learn solidworks to do some product renderings for work, I was able to jump right in and start using the program. It is fairly user friendly, with a background/knowledge of how a 3-D program works. I really like all the specific lighting features, so I can get the right highlights on the shiny surfaces of our products.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features and tools have icons that were hard to get used to. I think a lot of the confusion is from not having much experience with the rendering program. Learning what some of the specific names of tools mean and what their function is, just takes time to play around with the program to figure it out. I did not do any formal training or tutorials on this program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend either doing a quick tutorial or asking someone with experience to show you the ropes. I had a little help from a coworker, who told me some of the main tabs/tools to use to manipulate the image. Stick to the basics and you can quickly output really great images.

I am able to render high quality, photo realistic images of products prior to being able to shoot actual photographs. This helps so much with advertising, packaging, and sales efforts. Being able to have good images right away of a new product/concept is great.

What 3D Rendering solution do you use?

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by <span>Manuel Alberto M.</span>
Manuel Alberto M.

Photo realistic renders in 5 easy steps!

What do you like best?

I like how easy it is to use. In only 5 steps you can generate a high quality render.

You just have to import your model, apply the materials you want, the environment (background), number of cameras and you're all set. You can even import materials from the web if you feel you haven't find the right one, and If you're still unsatisfied with the visualization of your material you can edit it's surface finish and other parameters to get the look you want.

The environment or background dynamically adjust to the position of the model to generate the correct lightning and shadows. Also you can preview your render without actually generating it and adjust the quality of the preview for 3 settings: Preview (fastest), Fast, and Accurate.

Final render can be started using default settings of pre-configured render profiles which allow you to have the settings adjusted for specific products application.

It's a really easy and complete software to use.

What do you dislike?

Often, to achieve software simplicity or ease of use you have to sacrifice customization for more advanced users, of course this isn't a total disadvantage if the software meet your requirements, but can be for people who are looking for a more customizable software. Still, I think Solidworkds Visualize gets the job done for most applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely try it, it's totally worth it, and if you already have a solidworks subscription, why don't add this product aswell

Before it was hard to generate good quality renders in affordable time from solidworks files. Now with Visualize Solidworks we can create high quality renders that meet our clients needs renders in 5 steps,

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by <span>Brandon B.</span>
Brandon B.

Good but needs more

What do you like best?

I like that I can get a decent looking render easily. Being able to use other systems as render nodes on the network also make creating larger and more complex renders a little less painless as you are able to reduce the time needed.

What do you dislike?

I need to do more work in another program to get professional results. Not having some the tools that are available in the Adobe CC makes this tool lose some of the benefit for me because having both I find that even after creating a render I need to make some touch-ups in Adobe or that when I create a render for one I cannot import all of the textures and scenes that I am easily able to do in Adobe.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something to give professional results in a relatively short time and have them integrate into your CAD model then this is a great product. On the other hand if you are looking to create topnotch presentations and media that really put your product in it's element to show the "Big Picture" look elsewhere.

It creates a simple tool that can be used to create renderings of products and concepts fairly quickly and with ease. I was able to create renders much faster than the marketing dept. for demos, quotes, and customer questions. Having that ability is very nice for professional presentations rather than an image that may not be as representative of the end product.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by User in Building Materials
User in Building Materials

Solid Rendering Platform

What do you like best?

It's a standalone program that can be run independently from Solidworks without tying up a license. Produces very realistic photo renderings. Also, comes with a free online library of materials and environments to use. All you have to do is import your CAD model into Visualize. I also like the decal importing, the background imaging and lighting schemes.

What do you dislike?

The standard version is limited to single frame still renders. It can be buggy and it has frozen and shutdown on me randomly. As a result, I have made it a habit to save my file after every change. There is a Monitor File box that you can use to continuously check the original file for changes. These could be changes to geometry or appearances. It will give you a notification to offer to update Visualize to reflect these changes. However, this feature has only worked sporadically for me. Also, when I have made the update changes, it has also overwrited all my appearance, scene and positional changes I previously made.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The image quality is great, it is easy to set up and there are a range of installation options. It is also suitable for anyone looking for photo-realistic rendering.

We are looking for a simpler, all-in-one rendering solution. It is nice because you can import your CAD model into one of the file formats. Also, you don't need to be a user of Solidworks to use Visualize.

SOLIDWORKS Visualize review by <span>Jason F.</span>
Jason F.

Lowered score to account for training

What do you like best?

So powerful. there is so much that you can do in this program that most only scratch the surface.

What do you dislike?

As with any powerful software, it is also complicated. There is an extremely steep learning curve with this one.without tutorials, or training I don't know if you could get anything done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you plan to have some training, or make allowances for you to do the tutorials before you give yourself any kind of deadline to meet.

I mostly used solidworks to get some engineering drawings made for patents, and some 3d printing/prototyping. Worked well, but Sketchup was so much easier to learn.

Learning about SOLIDWORKS Visualize?

* We monitor all SOLIDWORKS Visualize reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.