Solodev

Solodev

Solodev is a premier web experience company and the world‘s first enterprise Web Content Management System built for the AWS Cloud – the most secure and extensible infrastructure on the planet. With Solodev, organizations of all sizes can build amazing websites, custom applications and engaging digital strategies to transform customer experiences. Leading brands can create without compromise and build unique digital experiences across any device with 24/7/365 U.S.-based support. See how Solodev can help your organization grow.

Work for Solodev?

Learning about Solodev?

Solodev Reviews

Ask Solodev a Question
Showing 20 Solodev reviews
Solodev review by <span>Jonathan M.</span>
Jonathan M.

Fantastic

What do you like best?

Despite having no technical experience whatsoever, I can login to Solodev and pick any of my property's websites and start making edits directly on the web page - and that's pretty amazing. More importantly, my entire staff – from Kansas to New Mexico – can do the same. Our IT department can now focus on what they do best and leave the website to the marketing team for the first time, which is a huge step forward for us.

What do you dislike?

Moving from Wordpress to Solodev was a bit more involved than we anticipated. But once we had moved, it was well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage websites that need to be updated daily with new content and you’re not a coder, then this is a great piece of software. No one on our marketing team is a web developer, but they certainly feel like web developers when working in Solodev because they’re able to make the changes we previously relied on IT for. Our marketing team can now make major changes to our websites as if they were web developers – sometimes creating entire web pages or applications. If you want software that gives your marketing team with that kind of power, I’d recommend Solodev.

With the solution we used before, our entire marketing staff was sort of walled off from our websites. If we wanted to make even the smallest change, we would have send a request through IT, and that might take weeks or months to get done. In our business, we need to be able to make changes quickly as pricing and availability changes along with specials – so this was a major problem for us. By using Solodev, we were able to get rid of the middle man by not leaning on IT for website edits. Now our entire marketing team is completely self sufficient in terms of being able to make edits to our website, add and update content, pricing, offers, you name it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Solodev
Solodev review by <span>Marlaine H.</span>
Marlaine H.

Get platform and wonderful technology partners

What do you like best?

CMS is easy to use. Support staff are responsive and execute all request exactly as needed with great attention to detail. I also greatly appreciate the expansive experience of all the team members and Shawn Moore the CTO. I often call Shawn or members of the team and tell them the most recent business challenge I'm facing. They explain the technical solutions so I can truly understand my options and evaluate solutions that will work for our business.

What do you dislike?

None come to mind although I do not like having so many sites to maintain but this is a business issue and not reflective of Solodev.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solodev is not just a CMS but a great technology partner to help you achieve all your goals and keep you up to speed on current best practices.

We use the Solodev CMS for 10 websites total and to push content to a mobile app. We are currently working with Solodev to implement a blog on one of our sites, an AdRoll retargeting campaign and a master consolidation project.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

Solodev review by <span>Francesca L.</span>
Francesca L.

My experience working with Solodev has been excellent. The team has been very helpful and responsive

What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate through the back-end and the pages are very simple to update. Seamless process for updating our website, especially like the blog layout.

What do you dislike?

Initially it was a little bit challenging getting used to this software because myself and the team were accustom to the functionality of WordPress.

A business problem came up today in that we had another dated website that we wanted the content to migrate over to our new site and we were able to easily work with Solodev to come up with plan for adding this new section and using the Solodev CMS to update it.

Solodev review by <span>Matthew G.</span>
Matthew G.

A Designer's Dream Come True

What do you like best?

Solodev has offered us a tremendous amount of flexibility, training, support, and design freedom as compared to other CMS platforms. Through it, we've had the right blend of options to confidently engage in whatever we imagined from a design standpoint, translating ideas into fully-functional websites. We use the Solodev platform fully within our business; we're big believers, and even host our own website on the platform. This is a good way to illustrate to clients and prospects just how easy it is to use Solodev. Our staff is trained and capable, but we can easily get a hold of their team when we have a question. Solodev is a dynamite partner - and anything but another "software vendor." We have consistently advocated and evangelized the power of Solodev as a CMS platform - and there hasn't been a single implementation of the software that didn't allow the marketing personnel outside or inside of my organization to get up-to-speed quickly and start building things on their own. From an IT perspective, Solodev is a fantastic model because it's highly secure and easy to integrate. I don't wrestle with the same dilemma of whether or not it's going to be hacked like I would with WordPress and open-source platforms. Solodev is a locked-up, powerful, and trusted tool - and I'm always willing to encourage my customers to get on board.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The interface was less sexy, but has come a long way since we began using it. A CMS can be somewhat of a commodity, and we could have a better vehicle for voicing any improvements or suggestions. I’d like to have more of a community to collaborate in, so we can shape how the software will grow - and have more of an impact on the future versions. Solodev does have great communication with us throughout the lifespan of any project, so I’d like to see them embrace any areas in which they can grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone that builds or manages websites - or marketers that crave greater control or autonomy over their web "domain" - the choices for tools are endless. The enterprise CMS solutions are often stratospheric, with costs that are simply out of reach for most small and mid-sized organizations. I've even tried the Squarespace and Wix "DIY" platforms, along with the vanilla sameness of Wordpress, and it all falls short of what I want: a website that looks as beautiful as I imagined, and just WORKS. Solodev finally delivers on the promise of design freedom - giving me everything I need to make websites look the way I want them to without compromising on security or functionality. The best part is that I can automate the management for our clients, giving their marketing people an easy-to-use system for building new content, setting up campaign landing pages and so much more. Solodev is the promise of what the web should be: beautiful, fully functional and easy to change and grow.

Design. Productivity. Easier management of marketing programs. Automation. The power to see our ideas come to life - without limits, and without compromise. It's all here in one comprehensive ecosystem. Being able to platform on Solodev gives us the ability to manage so much more than we ever imagined; in fact, we host our own website within the system. I don't think you can provide a more compelling review of a solution than using it for your own business.

Solodev review by <span>Michael L.</span>
Michael L.

Solodev Delivered a GREAT Website for SCPS!

What do you like best?

Visually-pleasing, user-friendly, responsive

What do you dislike?

We love everything about the new site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our district had a great experience working with Solodev. Their team is knowledgeable, accommodating, and listened to our needs and challenges with developing our intricate site. We stayed on-budget and on-task throughout the entirety of the project. The end-result was better than we had hoped or even imagined. We believe we now have a useful communication tool that will helps us keep our constituents (students, parents, community, etc.) informed for many years to come.

We're now able to communicate to our constituents (students, parents, community, etc.) in a much easier and defined way. Our new site is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. Visitors to our site are now able to find what they're looking for within 1 or 2 clicks of their mouse and have multiple routes to find the same information based upon how their brain thinks. The new site also incorporates new features such as an Interactive Calendar, School Mapping, and Video Pop-ups. In addition, the responsive design allows the site to be pulled up on any mobile device or browser platform. On the back-end, the Solodev CMS is simple and easy-to-use. Thus, making updating the site a breeze. We're now able to make instant changes helping us keep our content fresh and current.

Solodev review by <span>Hunter C.</span>
Hunter C.

Solodev is our go-to digital marketing partner.

What do you like best?

In addition to using Solodev for our CMS, they're a trusted partner in all things digital marketing. Whether it's helping craft and track a targeted campaign or build a landing page in our marketing automation system, I know I can count on their team's insights and expertise to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

No big complaints here. Our internal team is comfortable making updates to our site(s) with the CMS, and it's great to have a digital partner that's sensitive to navigating the complexities of the financial services industry.

It's fantastic to have a committed partner to help scale up our digital marketing resources when the need arises. Solodev helps our marketing machine run at peak performance with ease and predictability.

Learn more about Solodev

Solodev Videos

Learning about Solodev?

* We monitor all Solodev reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.