4.9

Solodev is a premier web experience company and the world‘s first enterprise Web Content Management System built for the AWS Cloud – the most secure and extensible infrastructure on the planet. With Solodev, organizations of all sizes can build amazing websites, custom applications and engaging digital strategies to transform customer experiences. Leading brands can create without compromise and build unique digital experiences across any device with 24/7/365 U.S.-based support. See how Solodev can help your organization grow.

Work for Solodev?

Learning about Solodev?

Solodev Reviews

Ask Solodev a Question
Showing 32 Solodev reviews
Solodev review by Chris E.
Chris E.

"Best in the business!"

What do you like best?

Service is always prompt, professional and courteous. We always have direct access to the appropriate resources when needed which results in faster, higher quality business results. Costs are in line with the market and generally result in a favorable ROI.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth noting. Support costs can be a little high, BUT you get what you pay for in this space.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solodev has been an innovate strategic partner for OneBlood. There has never been a case where our need for creative big thinking has exceed their capabilities. A great group to work with professionally and personally.

We have an integrate web and content delivery platform that easily integrates with our corporate systems. Development environment makes design and layout quick and easy. Applications are device responsive and provide an excellent user experience resulting in high a high adoption rate with our customers. Interfaces are highly extensible which resulting in better quality, real time data and efficiencies for our donors and staff.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Solodev
Solodev review by Nafees S.
Nafees S.

"Robust content management and easy to use"

What do you like best?

Ability for non technical users to keep our website and several sub sites up to date with very little effort.

What do you dislike?

Haven't come across any feature that we don't like so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Every company's needs are unique but I think Solodev CMS takes care of the most common content management needs with extra bonus features.

Providing accurate and up to date information our donors, customers and partners is very important. Event management and rewarding customers is big part of what Oneblood does and both these activities can change very quickly to adapt to various internal and external factors. Solodev CMS allows our business teams to be under control of what content we expose on our websites to external public users.

What Web Content Management solution do you use?

Solodev review by Agency in Machinery
Agency in Machinery

"Powerful Multi-Site Management Platform that Connects to Everything!"

What do you like best?

With Solodev, I feel like our marketing team is equipped to handle multiple assets at once. I love the CMS’s integration with Salesforce especially. It saves me considerable effort by streamlining the information between platforms.

On top of the Salesforce integration, the ability to easily manage multiple sites in one interface and easily deploy updates across our entire ecosystem is second to none. This is one of the best multi-site management tools I’ve ever come across.

Finally, whenever I’ve had an issue arise with the CMS, the Solodev support team has been nothing but helpful and courteous while they explained the situation to me. They know my role and they understand my team’s goals. It’s significantly more personable than other platforms we’ve used in the past.

What do you dislike?

Can’t think of anything in particular that I don’t like. With any new piece of software, there’s a learning element. The interface itself isn’t exactly the prettiest, but design comes second to functionality.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solodev may not have the name recognition that other CMS players have, but they more than make up for it with their functionality and ability to create custom solutions. If you need a content platform that is secure, stable and flexible, then it's worth taking a closer look at.

It really is made with marketers in mind, but it would give a development team enough room to make changes as they saw fit too. And with so many options for third-party integration, Solodev seemed like the perfect fit for us.

Solodev review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid platform with solid support"

What do you like best?

Solodev really lets us consolidate and manage our content marketing and digital strategies into one intuitive platform. It also allows us to design websites and experiences like real designers. There are no pre-baked themes or templates that force us to fit inside “the box” and design around the limitations. We can take the user experience wherever we want, and that’s one of the reasons why it works so well for us.

One of the biggest advantages of Solodev is the integration with our martech apps, including Salesforce and Pardot, which are essential to our marketing and sales programs. I like how we can set permissions, so a lower level a user doesn’t accidently break our website when updates are made. I have found this to be problematic with other platforms.

The service is probably the other winner for me. When I have questions, I have someone responding quickly and they’re usually familiar with my project - it’s not just a call center. Their development staff helped create a few custom portals to meet our needs that we had trouble with on another CMS. I also like how secure Solodev’s platform is compared to other popular open-source websites I’ve used in the past with previous companies.

What do you dislike?

The CMS required a bit of a learning curve, but once that was overcome, now using it feels like second-nature. I don’t have much of a technical background, but the Solodev development team answered whatever questions I had. I feel really comfortable using it now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s an excellent solution for any marketing team needing greater control over their website. It’s not like those free, DIY solutions that ultimately run up costs in hidden development fees and don't handle larger business needs.

Solodev helps our team automate so many elements of our website. We have the power to “schedule it, and forget it” when it comes to certain content elements. It consolidates everything we once had spread across three or four online channels into one streamlined hub. We also needed something very customizable. As an agency we didn’t want generic websites and cookie cutter pages - and Solodev really delivered on that flexibility.

Solodev review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Despite having no technical experience whatsoever, I can login to Solodev and pick any of my property's websites and start making edits directly on the web page - and that's pretty amazing. More importantly, my entire staff – from Kansas to New Mexico – can do the same. Our IT department can now focus on what they do best and leave the website to the marketing team for the first time, which is a huge step forward for us.

What do you dislike?

Moving from Wordpress to Solodev was a bit more involved than we anticipated. But once we had moved, it was well worth it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you manage websites that need to be updated daily with new content and you’re not a coder, then this is a great piece of software. No one on our marketing team is a web developer, but they certainly feel like web developers when working in Solodev because they’re able to make the changes we previously relied on IT for. Our marketing team can now make major changes to our websites as if they were web developers – sometimes creating entire web pages or applications. If you want software that gives your marketing team with that kind of power, I’d recommend Solodev.

With the solution we used before, our entire marketing staff was sort of walled off from our websites. If we wanted to make even the smallest change, we would have send a request through IT, and that might take weeks or months to get done. In our business, we need to be able to make changes quickly as pricing and availability changes along with specials – so this was a major problem for us. By using Solodev, we were able to get rid of the middle man by not leaning on IT for website edits. Now our entire marketing team is completely self sufficient in terms of being able to make edits to our website, add and update content, pricing, offers, you name it.

Solodev review by Hunter C.
Hunter C.

"Solodev is our go-to digital marketing partner."

What do you like best?

In addition to using Solodev for our CMS, they're a trusted partner in all things digital marketing. Whether it's helping craft and track a targeted campaign or build a landing page in our marketing automation system, I know I can count on their team's insights and expertise to get the job done.

What do you dislike?

No big complaints here. Our internal team is comfortable making updates to our site(s) with the CMS, and it's great to have a digital partner that's sensitive to navigating the complexities of the financial services industry.

It's fantastic to have a committed partner to help scale up our digital marketing resources when the need arises. Solodev helps our marketing machine run at peak performance with ease and predictability.

Solodev review by Genevieve V.
Genevieve V.

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

I've been working with Solodev for 5 years and have to say they are so easy to work with. The CMS is very user-friendly and if I ever have an issue I know I can count on them to resolve immediately.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that i dislike anything. Any issues that I may have had were solved in a timely manner.

Our main goals were to build a site to improve user friendliness and appeal and Solodev was able to accomplish exactly that. The much improved CMS was a great help in keeping our web content up-to-date and in turn makes my job easier.

Solodev review by Marlaine H.
Marlaine H.

"Get platform and wonderful technology partners"

What do you like best?

CMS is easy to use. Support staff are responsive and execute all request exactly as needed with great attention to detail. I also greatly appreciate the expansive experience of all the team members and Shawn Moore the CTO. I often call Shawn or members of the team and tell them the most recent business challenge I'm facing. They explain the technical solutions so I can truly understand my options and evaluate solutions that will work for our business.

What do you dislike?

None come to mind although I do not like having so many sites to maintain but this is a business issue and not reflective of Solodev.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solodev is not just a CMS but a great technology partner to help you achieve all your goals and keep you up to speed on current best practices.

We use the Solodev CMS for 10 websites total and to push content to a mobile app. We are currently working with Solodev to implement a blog on one of our sites, an AdRoll retargeting campaign and a master consolidation project.

Solodev review by Francesca L.
Francesca L.

"My experience working with Solodev has been excellent. The team has been very helpful and responsive"

What do you like best?

It's easy to navigate through the back-end and the pages are very simple to update. Seamless process for updating our website, especially like the blog layout.

What do you dislike?

Initially it was a little bit challenging getting used to this software because myself and the team were accustom to the functionality of WordPress.

A business problem came up today in that we had another dated website that we wanted the content to migrate over to our new site and we were able to easily work with Solodev to come up with plan for adding this new section and using the Solodev CMS to update it.

Solodev review by Jeff C.
Jeff C.

"Always awesome."

What do you like best?

Solodev staff have always been readily available especially when we have had an issue during live broadcast of our meetings held from the county council chambers and was able to resolve the issues.

The working relationship I experience with solodev is great.

What do you dislike?

Based on my experience in the past five years I have not encountered a reason and/or situation to become dissatisfied.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to the customers who have been using the product.

Expert knowledge on content management and design as well as technical expertise.

Solodev review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"A Designer's Dream Come True"

What do you like best?

Solodev has offered us a tremendous amount of flexibility, training, support, and design freedom as compared to other CMS platforms. Through it, we've had the right blend of options to confidently engage in whatever we imagined from a design standpoint, translating ideas into fully-functional websites. We use the Solodev platform fully within our business; we're big believers, and even host our own website on the platform. This is a good way to illustrate to clients and prospects just how easy it is to use Solodev. Our staff is trained and capable, but we can easily get a hold of their team when we have a question. Solodev is a dynamite partner - and anything but another "software vendor." We have consistently advocated and evangelized the power of Solodev as a CMS platform - and there hasn't been a single implementation of the software that didn't allow the marketing personnel outside or inside of my organization to get up-to-speed quickly and start building things on their own. From an IT perspective, Solodev is a fantastic model because it's highly secure and easy to integrate. I don't wrestle with the same dilemma of whether or not it's going to be hacked like I would with WordPress and open-source platforms. Solodev is a locked-up, powerful, and trusted tool - and I'm always willing to encourage my customers to get on board.

What do you dislike?

Not much. The interface was less sexy, but has come a long way since we began using it. A CMS can be somewhat of a commodity, and we could have a better vehicle for voicing any improvements or suggestions. I’d like to have more of a community to collaborate in, so we can shape how the software will grow - and have more of an impact on the future versions. Solodev does have great communication with us throughout the lifespan of any project, so I’d like to see them embrace any areas in which they can grow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For anyone that builds or manages websites - or marketers that crave greater control or autonomy over their web "domain" - the choices for tools are endless. The enterprise CMS solutions are often stratospheric, with costs that are simply out of reach for most small and mid-sized organizations. I've even tried the Squarespace and Wix "DIY" platforms, along with the vanilla sameness of Wordpress, and it all falls short of what I want: a website that looks as beautiful as I imagined, and just WORKS. Solodev finally delivers on the promise of design freedom - giving me everything I need to make websites look the way I want them to without compromising on security or functionality. The best part is that I can automate the management for our clients, giving their marketing people an easy-to-use system for building new content, setting up campaign landing pages and so much more. Solodev is the promise of what the web should be: beautiful, fully functional and easy to change and grow.

Design. Productivity. Easier management of marketing programs. Automation. The power to see our ideas come to life - without limits, and without compromise. It's all here in one comprehensive ecosystem. Being able to platform on Solodev gives us the ability to manage so much more than we ever imagined; in fact, we host our own website within the system. I don't think you can provide a more compelling review of a solution than using it for your own business.

Solodev review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Solodev Delivered a GREAT Website for SCPS!"

What do you like best?

Visually-pleasing, user-friendly, responsive

What do you dislike?

We love everything about the new site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Our district had a great experience working with Solodev. Their team is knowledgeable, accommodating, and listened to our needs and challenges with developing our intricate site. We stayed on-budget and on-task throughout the entirety of the project. The end-result was better than we had hoped or even imagined. We believe we now have a useful communication tool that will helps us keep our constituents (students, parents, community, etc.) informed for many years to come.

We're now able to communicate to our constituents (students, parents, community, etc.) in a much easier and defined way. Our new site is extremely user-friendly and easy to navigate. Visitors to our site are now able to find what they're looking for within 1 or 2 clicks of their mouse and have multiple routes to find the same information based upon how their brain thinks. The new site also incorporates new features such as an Interactive Calendar, School Mapping, and Video Pop-ups. In addition, the responsive design allows the site to be pulled up on any mobile device or browser platform. On the back-end, the Solodev CMS is simple and easy-to-use. Thus, making updating the site a breeze. We're now able to make instant changes helping us keep our content fresh and current.

Solodev review by Brittny K.
Brittny K.

"Functional and User-Friendly Software "

What do you like best?

I have been working with Solodev for nearly 4 years and I couldn't be happier with the results and product they have delivered. Our newly designed website is everything we could have ever imagined and the CMS software is very functional and user-friendly, and easy to learn and teach to colleagues. What I like best about Solodev is being able to explain my vision and have them exceed all expectations!

What do you dislike?

I can't say I dislike any particular thing. Anything that has ever been a minor issue has been solved in a very timely manor and their staff works very well with my staff to make our site the best it could possibly be.

N/A

Solodev review by Natalia L.
Natalia L.

"Excellent service and outcome"

What do you like best?

The professionalism of all of the staff. They are all willing to help at any time, and our requests were always met in an extremely timely matter. The best part is that the outcome of the requests was amazing. We were thrilled with their execution of our needs.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. We had a wonderful experience and would recommend them to anyone.

We wanted to increase traffic to our team's page on our website. We needed to give our page a makeover and make it more user friendly for our target audiences. We have already seen an over 100% increase in page visits because of the refresh along with a lot of word of mouth compliments and recommendations.

Solodev review by Bill S.
Bill S.

"Trusted Online Partners"

What do you like best?

The Solodev team provides excellent customer support for very user friendly product(s). They are constantly working to evolve and stay ahead of the curve. They are passionate and knowledgable.

What do you dislike?

In development, sometimes assumed functions can get overlooked. When planning a custom project, be thorough in punch lists/requirements.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We have been customers of Solodev for 10 years. They have been able to successfully keep us at the forefront and continually meet our ever adapting needs. That is a true testament to their organization.

Solodev is a business partner, not just a vendor. They have helped us achieve solutions to many online requirements as our business has grown.

Solodev review by Shelley N.
Shelley N.

"Great software and company"

What do you like best?

I really like the software because it is easy to use for website updates, and Solodev is always keeping it up-to-date and adding new features and enhancements. Solodev is a fantastic company to work with and is highly dependable. I trust this company and their expertise.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I "dislike" about this company or the software.

Solodev allows users to make updates quickly and from anywhere. There is no software that needs to be downloaded. This helps keep our website content current. Their web hosting service offers fast support and implemented solutions, which is critical in keeping our websites up and running during emergency situations.

Solodev review by Administrator

"Experienced content management platform and support"

What do you like best?

Solodev provides a flexible content management platform with an experienced team to provide support when needed. The platform allows the content owner to take as much control into their own hands as they'd like while the support team is there to help out when needed.

What do you dislike?

The document management system could be improved with some tweaks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Solodev provides a flexible platform with excellent support. They will work to meet a number of complicated requirements to help meet the user's needs.

Content management system and website management to meet the needs of a growing flexible business.

Solodev review by User

"Excellent, Secure CMS Platform with Excellent Team"

What do you like best?

I am by no means a technical person. I have basic knowledge of HTML and CSS, and I was initially nervous when I found out we were using a new CMS. However, as a content creator, I find the Solodev platform relatively easy to understand. The interface makes sense, and I like its user permissioning. I’m confident that people who don’t need to touch our content can’t touch our content.

What do you dislike?

The blog post manager can sometimes time out and there isn’t an auto-save feature. However, once I figured that minor inconvenience out, I remembered to save often.

From my perspective, Solodev has made it really easy to manage content hubs while keeping our content assets secure. That’s all I can really ask for from my perspective.

Solodev review by Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education
Administrator in Primary/Secondary Education

"Updating is a Breeze"

What do you like best?

The interface is easy for our authors to understand. It has allowed for a novice user to make updates just as easily as an experienced developer. The different data center module/managers have made timing and scheduling content and information a breeze.

What do you dislike?

The only wish list items our authors have are an immediate preview option and an easier way to copy links between pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The task of moving a site to a new system may seem daunting, but the end results are worth it!

The process of updating the site is much smoother for our department authors. Our previous solution kept our users from posting information in a timely manner. Now our authors are taking pride in the content they publish and are updating multiple times a day.

Solodev review by Amanda M.
Amanda M.

"Excellent platform and support"

What do you like best?

Always super quick to handle any trouble tickets submitted.

What do you dislike?

Some projects we would have liked to complete came with a high price tag

Solodev is helping us manage a more complicated event registration platform - saved a lot of time and effort on our part that we could focus elsewhere.

Solodev review by Matthew F.
Matthew F.

"Like a Family"

What do you like best?

Very knowledgeable and easy partner for content management. The owner is extremely responsive and treats you like family. Enjoy working with the Solodev team.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with the CMS provided by Solodev.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a responsive CMS company then Solodev is a great option.

We were a static site, did not have a mobile solution and a very difficult CMS. Solodev immediately provided a dynamic solution, our first mobile site (now a responsive design) and an easy to use (with timers) CMS.

Solodev review by Eileen D.
Eileen D.

"Professoinal and Great to Work with"

What do you like best?

Everyone on the Solodev team is very knowledgeable. They produced an API for us and have been always been responsive and professional in providing everything we have requested, big or small.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything we dislike since working with Solodev

We continue work on our API, adding categories as we go, which has led to a second release of our App on both Apple and Samsung platforms and it is very successful. As a result, the App has assisted both Miami Beach visitors and locals alike to navigate throughout the City with ease. We are also looking to revamp our website and look forward to continuing to work with Solodev on this large undertaking.

Solodev review by John H.
John H.

"Advanced and easy to use content management"

What do you like best?

We benefit from the flexibility of Solodev's platform to support our growing needs for content development and management, managed by a team of professionals who provide us the support we need as our business grows.

What do you dislike?

We have no complaints about the platform at this time.

Having a tool that streamlines content management and creation across our site, newsroom, case studies and other pages allows us to market our products and services more easily rather than spend time worrying about the technical aspects of maintaining a world-class website. On launch, our site also won a 2016 Web Communicator award, thanks to the team at Solodev who developed the look and feel.

Solodev review by Executive Sponsor in Primary/Secondary Education
Executive Sponsor in Primary/Secondary Education

"Solodev Partnership"

What do you like best?

Solodev has become a valued business partner in a relatively short period of time. We contracted with Solodev to build a new website to replace our former site. Their guidance and expertise in this space led to a quality, external facing quality website.

What do you dislike?

Our experience with Solodev has been outstanding, no "dislikes"!

Recommendations to others considering the product

The people who make up Solodev are uniquely qualified to meet your web development needs but they also value their relationships with customers.

Our organization needed to refresh our current web presence with one that matched current methods in delivering meaningful information in a content and context-rich environment. However, our limited resources combined with the need to move hosting of our website to the cloud meant that we could no longer support a project of this magnitude. Solodev helped us close the gap by becoming a business partner in both areas; 1) building a new website, and 2) providing cloud-based hosting.

Solodev review by User in Utilities
User in Utilities

"Awesome Software "

What do you like best?

Solodev is a great company to partner with! We have worked with them for several years now with our Website and have always been extremely happy with the software, service, and support. If you are looking for a new website design and software to manage it. Solodev is the way to go!

What do you dislike?

Dislike that i don't get to work in this software more often..very user-friendly and Solodev is always looking to improve upon their product.

Provided our customer base with a web presence for our company. Providing valuable information to future customers and account management tools for our current customers.

Solodev review by Joanne M.
Joanne M.

"Solodev review"

What do you like best?

ease of editing. You don't need to be a programmer to work with this program.

What do you dislike?

cost. It seems like the cost has really gone up since we first contracted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't know

keeping info organized

"Always there for me!"

What do you like best?

The responsiveness of the Support team at Solodev is amazing!

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing to dislike about their way of doing business. If only all web support was this good...

Website, landing pages, subscribers, public feedback capture. Vastly improved insight into the needs of our visitors.

"Great support"

What do you like best?

The folks at Solodev are easy to work with and provide great support.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. They are a great company to work with, and they have great software.

We are able to have multiple users, and the platform is easy to use.

Solodev review by Beth B.
Beth B.

"Team work makes for great project"

What do you like best?

The ability to talk to developers so they understand the design or issue.

What do you dislike?

Never getting the chance to make the team in person.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their project managers listen and are readily available for you needs.

We needed a web application that would work on a variety of devices. The application automatically configures itself to the operating system and to device screen size.

Solodev review by Nadia R.
Nadia R.

"Worked with Solodev for many years"

What do you like best?

personal customer service, easy use of the back end, timely technical support

What do you dislike?

Slow turn around time on suggestions and proposal for website refresh. Not high enough traffic on our job postings on site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

easy to use program and strong customer service

finding candidates for our open positions. Good branding and easy use of back end website.

"GReat service"

What do you like best?

They work with me to get what I need, always in a quick manner

What do you dislike?

I do not have any complaints for this company

Having an organized database.

Solodev review by User

"Quick & Helpful Customer Service"

What do you like best?

Any time our team needs assistance or a quick response, their team is available and capable.

What do you dislike?

I'm new to the CMS, so I'm still finding my way around. Their team has helped me greatly with that.

We're primarily using Solodev for website updates, but we're currently working with them to maximize email address captures from our website.

Learn more about Solodev

Solodev Videos

Learning about Solodev?

* We monitor all Solodev reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
4.9