Solver

Solver is the leading provider of complete CPM solutions for today’s mid-market enterprise and the company is at the forefront of Business Intelligence (BI) technology for cloud and on-premise ERPs.

Work for Solver?

Showing 56 Solver reviews
Solver review by <span>Tanya G.</span>
Tanya G.

User-Friendly Powerful Business Intelligence Tool

What do you like best?

I LOVE how easy it is to integrate new data sources or to add attributes when a department wants more fields available. I'm also a big fan of the Report Designer. I'm able to put complex reports quickly, making my job much easier.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is that I can't control the sort order of attributes in the report designed, although I've been told that's a future improvement.

Recommendations to others considering the product

BI360 does require familiarity with business intelligence products. I don't recommend it for someone without the support of an experienced IT team. That being said, I've found it is the best value and the easiest to use of the business intelligence products I've used.

BI360 allows us to easily integrate data from several sources (scheduling, clinical documentation, IT ticketing, finance, and CRM). It's allowed us to build KPI-driven reporting for every area of our business.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Solver
Solver review by <span>Eric F.</span>
Eric F.

Solid Team / Solid Technology

What do you like best?

As a BI and Reporting Practice Director in the Dynamics channel, I have full confidence that the products offered by Solver work for out clients and therefore work for the practice and company. Whether it is Reporting or Budgeting or the Data Warehouse each module delivers value for clients with high adoption rates. When problems do occur, and that is inevitable based on the use cases in the market, the Solver team works tirelessly to resolve each issue in a professional manner.

What do you dislike?

With extremely powerful Reporting and Budgeting tools, my hope is that Solver can leverage the visualization and analytic capabilities of Microsoft Power BI with the toolset and environment. The dashboard piece of the solution set is ok but sufficient for larger or more distributed organizations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the leap of faith with full confidence that the Solver team will support you.

The benefits as a partner is that the tool deploys easy, is adopted by our clients with some training, and at a reasonable cost. As a practice we have gained the benefit of a deeper client relationship and migrating to work with higher levels of client organizations. - Our clients have stated that they are producing better reporting and better budgeting/forecasting in less time and with higher quality output resulting in happier management.

What Corporate Performance Management (CPM) solution do you use?

Solver review by <span>Neal J.</span>
Neal J.

Phenomenal B.I. Tool for the Money

What do you like best?

I love that BI360 runs in Excel, and has the full range of Excel functionality, features and benefits. No specialized database training required. Unlimited potential in financial modeling, presentation and creating actionable reporting.

What do you dislike?

The training and help center could be better developed. BI360 users would benefit from having a robust catalog of training, examples, and reporting ideas on how to better use BI360.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend for companies interested in a robust financial reporting solution

We're using Solver and BI360 to develop our financial reporting package, including board presentations, credit facility metrics, financial statements and trends, etc. We are benefiting from standardized F/S presentations, ease of customization to add periods, etc.

Solver review by <span>Shannon B.</span>
Shannon B.

Extremely Informational

What do you like best?

I like the ease of reporting, and I also like that I am able to learn the functionality fairly quickly. I'm not a database administrator, but I feel that I have learned a lot in that area as well.

What do you dislike?

I did watch a lot of the training videos that are provided on the support site, and there were a handful that were not reviewed very well before they were uploaded. I fortunately had learned the concepts of the functions that were not working correctly in the instruction, so I was not confused.

My organization has a system that is not user friendly or reporting friendly. The reports that do exist are not laid out in a useful manner. The system is super rigid as well, so it is great having BI360 as a reporting solution to this problem.

Solver review by <span>Dev C.</span>
Dev C.

Plenty of Potential for your Financial Reporting Needs

What do you like best?

The ability to automate report generation and looking forward to planned feature releases in the upcoming 5.0 platform.

What do you dislike?

The use of silverlight, which has been buggy and has received poor response from users, however with the new 5.0 platform this problem will be eliminated in early 2018 for on-premise installations and is no longer a problem for anyone using the new BI360 Cloud Service.

With Solver's BI360 Suite our users now have the ability to run reports anytime and from anywhere. Greatly reducing time spent on report generation and increasing user satisfaction.

Solver review by <span>Sean B.</span>
Sean B.

I am new and excited to begin using/implimenting!

What do you like best?

In this session, I have been immersed so far in a variety of excellent discussions around the usefulness and value of the BI360 software. I've enjoyed the complete nature of the session(s) and the functionality increase that i've experienced.

What do you dislike?

I wish that there had been more availability of begginer and intermediate training as I was late to get signed up so I missed that portion.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is not only useful, but intuitive as well. When designing and using the tool, it's usefulness becomes more and more apparent with every step taken.

I am diving into Solver based products now. I haven't experience the problems first hand yet, but know that I will in the coming weeks. I will certainly reach out with questions as they come up.

Learning about Solver?

* We monitor all Solver reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.