SonicWall

SonicWall real-time breach detection and prevention solutions protect more than one million networks worldwide.

Work for SonicWall?

Learning about SonicWall?

SonicWall Reviews

Ask SonicWall a Question
Showing 56 SonicWall reviews
SonicWall review by <span>Kylie D.</span>
Kylie D.

"SonicWall Customer Review"

What do you like best?

SonicWall allows me to connect to my home office's network via a VPN and thus, allows me to work remotely. I've even use it internationally to seamlessly establish a remote connection.

What do you dislike?

It does require a basic knowledge of how VPN's work, which I had to learn prior to using this product. Once you have your network's IP address and other mandatory technical information that SonicWall requires, a remote connection can be seamlessly established.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are experiencing technical issues with Remote Desktop or any other remote network software, I would recommend trying Sonic Wall.

Prior to using SonicWall, my office used Microsoft Remote Desktop. However, we have since found that SonicWall works well with, and even in lieu of, Remote Desktop to establish a remote connection. My office uses PC computers, and my home machine is a Mac, so I find that SonicWall is better at working around the technical difference in operating systems.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SonicWall
SonicWall review by <span>David W.</span>
David W.

"Firewalls that work"

What do you like best?

Sonicwall has pretty decent support that if they can't solve it over the phone will do a webex session and collect data to replicate the issue in their lab environment and be able to work a solution up.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes with the new GUI for our firewall, changes do not save, which requires us to re-enter the data again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sonicwall is a good company that understands how to design hardware and software to make firewalls that work. This product works great in our environment and meets our needs to secure our network and monitor the traffic that we have coming in and out of our network.

Our setup is 2 SonicWall NSA 5600s setup for HA failover in case of a failure on one. This minimizes downtime as the failover is seamless. This keeps the business operational with little to no downtime.

What Firewall solution do you use?

SonicWall review by <span>Aaron P.</span>
Aaron P.

"A powerful router and firewall, but difficult to setup and use. "

What do you like best?

An incredibly powerful firewall with proactive threat protection. Supports the creation of multiple and isolated vlans. Has built in VPN capabilities, with a dedicated vpn client for Windows and the capability to enable an L2TP server for use on other systems. There are multiple hardware tiers for businesses of all sizes. With a subscription, threat protection rules and firmware are kept up-to-date. Support is quite good (and very necessary).

What do you dislike?

Doing any setup outside of the provided wizards is extremely difficult. Things such as port forwarding requires multiple steps adding and changing settings in 3 different locations. While both threat protection and support are great, they require an activation subscription with Sonicwall that can be quite pricey.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are a lot of other equally as powerful firewalls out there by companies such as Cisco and Sophos. While the Sonicwall is undeniably powerful, secure and flexible, it’s extremely complicated to use. It is definitely worth looking at other solutions before deciding on a Sonicwall.

Used as the primary firewall/router, DHCP Server, VPN Server and vlan manager. It’s powerful features allow for creating a large, flexible and secure network.

SonicWall review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"VPN access with SonicWall NetExtender"

What do you like best?

I like how, for the most part, how user-friendly it is. As long as you have the correct server info, domain and credentials you're good to go. It's also pretty easy to troubleshoot on the admin side. In most cases logging into the admin console to correct permissions, credentials and other settings only takes a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

There are a few quirks with it, meaning, when you receive an error due to invalid credentials, domain or server info, it will cycle through for about 5 minutes or more at which point, you'll have to wait for it to time out or end the process through task manager. Also, if your internet connection is weak, expect frequent disconnects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's really easy to use, as long as you have a good strong internet connection. If you don't it will drop out and sometimes without any warning to let you know you've lost connection (no error messages). So if you're working on a document and it's not saved, you could possibly lose it.

It allows me to work remotely anywhere in the world and access everything I need within my company's network.

SonicWall review by User in Libraries
User in Libraries

"Long on Features, low on ease of use"

What do you like best?

The two sonicwall firewall/security appliances my institution has used have both had some exceptional features and capabilities for their price range. We had some very astonishing experiences using these devices in terms of the safety and convenience that is offered by Sonicwall appliances.

What do you dislike?

Customer service from the Sonicwall technical support staff has been lacking since day 1, especially when utilizing their customer sales support staff recommendation for a replacement device when our first appliance failed in the middle of service year 7.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sonicwall, as a producer of networking devices/software, are a poor second to other technical brands, in terms of customer service and support. Recommendations for replacement appliances gave us a device that failed to meet actual requirements, and the device interface is excessively complicated, even given the functions that it provides. Additionally, for the provided services, functions, and support, the price is substantially higher than ideal.

Sonicwall appliances offer a wide array of very functional and useful security features for network administration and subdivision, as well as a comprehensive filter, firewall, and other services for administering networks.

SonicWall review by <span>Dan D.</span>
Dan D.

"Well... it checks a box."

What do you like best?

SonicWall TZ 215 is fairly plug-n-play. Gives you the warm and fuzzies that your network is protected. Once in awhile I get an email that I think means everything is OK. We're a small shop, I'm paying network admin among other roles, and so plug-n-play is valuable. Um, what else. For the most part, I don't worry much about it, which is also a good thing.

What do you dislike?

Setup of this device - beyond out of the box fairly vanilla configuration - is not for the faint of heart. I would not recommend it to someone who didn't have the experience, time, and proclivity to wade around in the weeds of a cloodgy UI, a configuration model that, as far as I can tell, is unique to SonicWall, and status/monitoring/logging that somehow manages to be both saturating and devoid of much useful information. Perhaps someone who has more experience with SonicWall products, or network/security/admin in general, would have more success than I have had configuring the device for more sophisticated usage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your usage needs are complex, you are likely to need either someone who has prior experience administering SonicWall devices, or to contract with a third party service provider who is ready willing and able to work closely with you.

Our business has regulator compliance and auditing requirements that

SonicWall review by <span>Sean M.</span>
Sean M.

"Better than nothing"

What do you like best?

When properly configured it does its job, until it doesn't

What do you dislike?

UI is not friendly, simple things like NAT or port forwarding are overly complicated to set up

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you don't have a better option the sonicwall will work for you as long as you take the time to make sure you have it configured correctly, it is more robust than any consumer grade firewall, but is not as user friendly as something like a Watchguard Firebox or a Meraki product. When the sonicwall decides its done good luck, in the past year I personally have pulled at least 5 Sonicwalls because they would frequently stop responding to the network until power-cycled, and if you come across an older unit that hasn't had its firmware updated you might not be able to get in at all unless you happen to have a very old browser installed

Honestly, Sonicwall is not a product we use by choice, normally it is the relic of a client's former MSP. It does secure a client's network, and while it is robust it is not user friendly

SonicWall review by <span>Mark F.</span>
Mark F.

"Great All-in-one product"

What do you like best?

SonicWall products are a great all-in-one solution for small and mid sized companies. It is your firewall, VPN, router, gateway, dmz, content filter (web filter), virus detection and on and on.

The other great thing about SW is that it is consistent throughout the device. Once you get the idea of their "object based" setup, you get it and it applies to all sections of the device.

SonicWall Global VPN Client is a great piece of software. It works well on Windows and now they have great apps for Android and iOS. I would recommend a SW if your only need was a good VPN solution.

Finally, there is a ton of support for SonicWall. From online forums, 3rd party it support, and official SW support, you will find an answer to your question.

What do you dislike?

SonicWall devices can be a bit more cumbersome to setup than other devices. The "object based" setup is great, but also leads to you having to create 3 objects to setup a simple port forwarding. Sometimes a more traditional setup option would be nice.

Also the content filtering is not the best, but workable. Honestly with 4g, blocking the main business internet connection isn't as important as it once was.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a mid-sized company or smaller and have the needs for a wide range of network support such as firewall, VPN, gateway, etc. then you owe it to yourself to check out SonicWall.

Firewall, VPN, content filtering, and gateway. For these items, SonicWall is my first choice.

SonicWall review by <span>Jonas D.</span>
Jonas D.

"SonicWALL NSA series Firewalls. The price is really great, the ability is even better."

What do you like best?

I like that fact that in the 5 years I've had 8 NSA 2600's and 2 NSA 5600's I've not have one hardware failure or issue. I've updated firmware for stand-a-lone's and HA pairs and I've not had issues with the Firewalls.

What do you dislike?

I wish there could be better training but lets face it, there are a lot of products that could use this. Training at a better price and training that move at a pace for people that want to get stuff done.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are using a Sophos, Bluecoat, or any other high-end firewall I recommend throwing in a SonicWALL as a trial or backup. You will not be disappointed.

We are doing Site-to-site VPN tunnels between all of our locations. We are doing Bandwidth management for specific traffics using SonicWALL's built in product/traffic/protocols based

SonicWall review by <span>NAIR A.</span>
NAIR A.

"The go to for business firewall "

What do you like best?

An industry standard that has a wealth of resources online to do what you want to do. Responses are fast when you want a category change for a website. Like others say, it is an all-in-one solution, so no need to buy multiple devices.

What do you dislike?

Performance is not always the best. Not very intuitive to configure and set up. Management isn't the easiest. Very overpriced for the performance it gives. Very frustrating to work with in smaller businesses as the performance is extremely sub-par. Annual fees are ridiculous for small businesses as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Hire a consultant that has experience with these products to set it up for you.

Security is much better, especially in terms of users browsing websites. Keeps employees more focused because there are less distractions. You can filter website access

SonicWall review by <span>Ariel B.</span>
Ariel B.

"Good Investment"

What do you like best?

Specifically i like the Firewall - you have the freedom to customize it based on your network. Second thing is i liked how easy it is to configure the content filtering services

What do you dislike?

What i dislike is the Capture ATP sometimes it will stop sending files to back end for scanning

Recommendations to others considering the product

For those who wants to protect sensitive information with less cost.

You never realized how many it is that is trying to initiate connection to your internal network. With the GAV Security services this solves/eliminates threats going in to my network

SonicWall review by <span>Sam P.</span>
Sam P.

"Sonicwall net extender"

What do you like best?

The fact it gives access to remote users on all their devices including iPads!

What do you dislike?

you Must uninstall it on the user account that installed it. Not always ideal if you give users local admin rights and then they leave or the profile corrupts!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sonicwall in my opinion is the best firewall out there, it is easy to use and very reliable

The problems was users needed access to our network from a remote location and on their iPads. This means our sales managers can use this while out on site, and visiting customers.

SonicWall review by <span>Jenny C.</span>
Jenny C.

"Complex interface"

What do you like best?

The product is considered among best of breed for high end security appliances

What do you dislike?

Security is only as good as your ability to implement it. Despite my experience with configuration of many other routers, switches, modems etc, I found it extremely hard to get the port configurations working as desired due to their unwieldy and unique user interface. I brought in networking experts, and still could not get configuration working as I wanted. I could not find SonicWall certified technicians in my area. What\s the use of security appliance if the user can't control it easily?

Recommendations to others considering the product

For the purpose of this review - number of users included number of users using the SonicWall software and interface, not number of people using the appliance

Enterprise network security

SonicWall review by User in Legal Services
User in Legal Services

"Spotty/OK"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that this program allows me to work remotely. It allows me to access everything on my computer at work from home. It provides quick and seamless access into the network and my account.

What do you dislike?

It can be very spotty at times. Sometimes I randomly lose connection at home, which can affect my work. At times I've lost my work product, because I lost connection mid progress (had not saved). Another aspect I dislike is if I walk away from my computer for more than 5 minutes, it automatically seems to disconnect. When this happens, I'm forced to log back in again.

If I am having to attend to a matter at home during work hours, I am able to do so with the help of this software. I can login at any time from anywhere. As an attorney this allows me to have a flexible work schedule.

I am currently on my work computer (laptop is at home). Therefore, I'm unable to upload a screen shot. I'm happy to email it later today.

SonicWall review by <span>Stephen S.</span>
Stephen S.

"Great product if you don't need to a lot of configuration"

What do you like best?

I liked that the product is easy to configure for basic setups. It was easy to adjust on the fly and you really didn't have to worry about messing anything up.

What do you dislike?

I didn't like the fact that at a certain point when the configuration became complex, Sonicwall's software was not very intuitive and made it very difficult to work with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My recomendation is that if you are a networking tech then this product is great for you, but if you are not and only have minimal experience like I do. You will want to hire and outside company or go with something even simpler that Sonicwall.

When we first got the product it was great, but once we got into vlan settings and other things like that is became a burden so we switched away to another vendor.

SonicWall review by <span>Ehab H.</span>
Ehab H.

"All in one"

What do you like best?

The best thing is that it is all in one. SonicWall can do from firewall to content filtering to VPN and more. That is the best thing about it. The device itself does a lot. Most of the time it works great.

What do you dislike?

The interface and the configuration is not easy to use. I hope I can see more user friendly and easy to configure update soon. Some time when yo do change on your network, yo will need to reboot sonicwall in order to continue working.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend it. It does a lot and work most of the time. The ability to VPN between other sonicwall devices, is working great.

combined multiple devices in one. I used to have firewall, content filtering and routers devices. This replaced all of them.

SonicWall review by <span>Andy S.</span>
Andy S.

"The ultimate firewall"

What do you like best?

Sonicwall is an extremely easy to use firewall. The settings are easy to configure even though initial setup may be challenging for your specific environment. Monthly maintenance and addition of settings is a breeze

What do you dislike?

Initial configuration but that is expected.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product that is easier to use than others on the market

Sonicwall keeps us protected. We are very satisfied with our 2600, 2400, SMA400, SRA1600 and TZ500's

SonicWall review by <span>Shelby D.</span>
Shelby D.

"Sonicwall makes life easier"

What do you like best?

I love the Sonicwall Global VPN client and how it integrates with the sonicwall. Love the content filtering and sonicwall support is always helpful.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is when uploading and booting to new firmware glitches out as there is no way to repair that remotely.

VPN tunnels are a breeze with the sonicwalls, as well as adding an extra layer of antivirus.

SonicWall review by <span>Naveed M.</span>
Naveed M.

"A great firewall hardware/software device to have! "

What do you like best?

Sonic wall has A LOT of options and security features that gives you utter control of your network in so many ways. It is impossible to say that "you do not have control" of your network when you have a sonicwall. One of my favorite features is the ease of use for the content filter. The content filter comes with different filter options which you can activate during special times/days and pinpoint who and what device can do what and they've made that fairly easy with sonicwall. Many of the other options are somewhat straight forward and offer deep customization options but sonicwall is not an easy plug and play device and will require some experience.

What do you dislike?

Port forwarding on a sonicwall is almost an absolute nightmare. Many times it will throw you in a maze like scenario, searching for the correct options to implement into your network. Sonicwall definitely needs a better user interface as the interface that is currently created is in my opinion mediocre.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you choose a firewall device/software that fits your needs in terms of user interface. Sonicwall gives you A LOT of options but there are many times where you do not need this sort of complexity and it won't be fair to the company to offer something so thorough and extensive, but to be rated bad because a new user experience isn't what was expected from an average consumer.

Preventing unauthorized network access and prevention of identity theft since credit cards are being ran through broadband network.

SonicWall review by <span>Luigi V.</span>
Luigi V.

"Good Security Product"

What do you like best?

The sonicwall security product are very good solution for the enterprise security protection. The sonicwall portfolio is composed by a wide range of devices and appliance: firewalls, SSL VPN, etc. The firewalls are very strong solutions and have the rigth ratio cost/quality ratio. The SSL VPN are very usfull to solve the user mobility daily work enabling the secure remote access of users.

What do you dislike?

I think that sonicwall solution are best used for SMB company. The miss some very specialized functionality (like i.e. LACP trunk etc)

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a very secure solutions at the correct price, sonicwall solution is a very good choice

We use sonicwall to protect company boundaries and datacenter from hackers attacks

SonicWall review by Administrator in Market Research
Administrator in Market Research

"Wouldn't Buy Any Other Router/Security Appliance"

What do you like best?

SonicWall combines several appliances in one. Instead of having separate Web Filters, IPS/IDS Units, Gateway Avitvirus/AntiSpyware, Application Filter and Router we are able to use a single Sonicwall Device. Add in central Wireless Access Point Management and on device packet capturing and I don't know why anyone would use anything else.

SonicWall also includes features like Site to Site VPN tunnels, Tunnel Interfaces, User VPN capabilities through a deployable client, or SSLVPN.

What do you dislike?

The additional software require to run reports needs a major overhaul and still requires Java for somethings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compare the cost of purchasing a separate appliance for each of the services offered on a single SonicWall. The price comparison make the decision an easy one. Makle sure to get the either the Analyzer or GMS packages for reporting capabilities.

We are able to provide rock solid routing and security services, along with backup VPN services using SonicWall.

SonicWall review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Great firewall - hard to configure"

What do you like best?

Sonicwall is an extremely powerful firewall. The level of customization is almost without limit. The feature that I mostly use everyday is setting up static IPs and dynamic IPs. I also use the deep packet inspection because it work beautifully and it allows me to control all the traffic and it also helped me troubleshoot some port issues.

What do you dislike?

The level of customization being without limit makes it also extremely complex for simple tasks. I had to set up port forwarding and opening ports, and it was a real nightmare to find what I was looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When choosing your firewall make sure you research compatibility with all the devices that you'll be using on your network. For instance, on top of all equipment such as computer and printers, we also have sonos, audio and video over network and luckily everything worked out but it's important to keep in mind that aspect. I recommend the SonicWall even though the learning curve is pretty slow, Dell support is amazing and you can count on them to help.

We use it to prevent any unauthorized access to our data and also use the VPN feature that works beautifully. We very rarely encounter issues with our users not being able to access our network remotely.

SonicWall review by <span>Flavio S.</span>
Flavio S.

"firewall nsa 4600"

What do you like best?

I use principally sonicwall firewall appliance, i like the simple installation of this product, it' s easer than other firewall. With the GUI interface i can set all of the configuration.

the deep packet inspection function is very useful, I can control all traffic passing from network interfaces

What do you dislike?

I had some compatibility issues with the truck of a core switch cisco. lacp active mode has not been fully supported. I solved it by changing the mode lacp active in lacp passive.I solved it by changing the mode lacp active in lacp passive. probably this problem was solved with the upgrade to the latest firmware version 6.x

Recommendations to others considering the product

take care to synchronize the firmware of two devices in hight avaibility. apparatuses restart bringing the disruption to the network.It is normal but care is needed

many times I have to manage these firewalls.It was always helped by technical support "DELL". Their help was useful to solve my problem. for example I had to configure a new system into high havaibility.

SonicWall review by User in Computer Software

"Dell SonicWall is a pretty good VPN solution"

What do you like best?

I use Dell SonicWall NetExtender and SonicWALL Global VPN. In my current role, I need to connect to dozens of different customers using multiple VPN clients. What I like about SonicWall is that it "plays nicely" with my other VPNs. There are some VPN clients I use that require me to disconnect for all other VPNs which is not practical for me. SonicWall allows me to connect and stay connected even when connecting and disconnecting from others. That's a big plus for me.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that many times after disconnecting from the VPN, it doesn't always release the connection or it tries to reconnect automatically. When it gets like that, the only solution for me is to reboot. Releasing the IP or flushing the DNS has no impact.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SonicWall seems to be a very stable, reliable VPN solution that can co-exist with other VPNs running simultaneously.

Using the SonicWall VPN has solved connectivity issues to some of my customers. Before the VPN solution was enabled, I needed to do a WebEx with the customer when I needed to connect but was not able to make an ODBC connection to their site via WebEx. With the SonicWall VPN, I can connect to my customer's SQL Server via ODBC and take care of their issue.

SonicWall review by Administrator in Environmental Services
Administrator in Environmental Services

"Decent small to medium sized business"

What do you like best?

VPN functionality is pretty good.

Throughput is decent on this device, does not slow internet down significantly.

IPS and logging are great

Site to Site VPN (IPSEC) Stable

Firmware can auto update

Backup settings are reliable

Device is pretty easy to setup, I like the way the networks are setup, intuitive interface for multiple WAN connections.

What do you dislike?

The vpn should have web interface to log in by now.

Product should have a little more of a security dashboard available.

I would like a dash board that shows number of threats blocked per service, IPS, gateway anti virus and malware protection. Show me that the device is providing some ROI

Subscription is a little expensive for a small business for all of the services.

Renewal should have some way to email me like 90 days out so I'd know to plan to renew services.

It seems like we find out too late to get renewal ready.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Works well for basic security, IPSEC VPN and internet use.

Seems to work to help prioritize SIP traffic once you figure out how to do it.

Site to site connectivity has been achived

IPSEC dial up VPN has been helpful.

Remote administration has complete interface.

SonicWall review by <span>Mohammad S.</span>
Mohammad S.

"Great Small to Mid-Size Business Firewall"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use! Functionality and feature sets are comparable to Cisco, Palo Alto, and other high profile vendors.

What do you dislike?

The overall reliability and support options for the product

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly consider Sonicwall when comparing against Cisco and Palo Alto. Though the other two vendors are industry leaders, the cost and feature sets provided by Dell and Sonicwall are equally comparable.

URL filtering, Application Level/L4 inspection, etc.

Remote branch offices connecting to the internet and/or back to Headquarters via IPSec tunnels

SonicWall review by <span>Mauro R.</span>
Mauro R.

"Independent security company"

What do you like best?

An independent company, with powerful solution.

What do you dislike?

I think that some time they can improve the report part to show how good are they working

Security firewall in the branch office, with all the security features of an UTM firewall

SonicWall review by <span>David R.</span>
David R.

"Administreting Sonicwall for all general firewall and national/internation vpn requirements"

What do you like best?

Simplicity and accuracy of the interface, and a rock solid protection of my environment

What do you dislike?

Steep learning curve - best to do the basic administration course to enhance skills and get a good foundation of knowledge

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the training - it is critical to have adequately trained administrators

VPN Connectivity over a hub and spoke network with a central firewall at head office

SonicWall review by Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting
Administrator in Staffing and Recruiting

"SonicWall - VPN Goodness!"

What do you like best?

Sonicwall VPN makes it easy to access your VPN remote from any location in the world.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the settings we have on our Sonicwall access (it stops my MacBook Air from being able to browse the internet & access our VPN).

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Sonicwall to any business wanting to create work-from-home environment.

Connectivity to our databases & private network remote.

SonicWall review by <span>Tamer D.</span>
Tamer D.

"Sonic Wall Review"

What do you like best?

SonicWall is great when it comes to accessing a VPN to connect to a work Intranet. I need to have access to certian share drives located on a work server while at home and this has been a lifesaver. The SonicWall mobile app is great at automatically logging me into the network to be able to be on the VPN and access my files at any location.

What do you dislike?

One thing I really dislike about SonicWall is that once you access the VPN on a mobile device, the connection will automatically time out after 10minutes. I don't really mind having to log back in because once I open the app I am automatically logged in but the fact that I need to stop what I am doing and go back to the app is very irritating.

I currently use SonicWall to connect to my work VPN while away from the office. It has been a lifesaver when I am meeting with a client at a remote location and need to pull up a document located on a share drive at work.

SonicWall review by <span>Simon L.</span>
Simon L.

"Nothing fancy, doesn't need to be"

What do you like best?

It's easy to set up--I can walk an employee through it over the phone--and it does what it needs to.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty bare bones, and I would love a little more insight from the back end.

We have a small number of employees that work remotely on occasion, and this allowed them access to our servers at a low cost. And it works with our firewalls.

SonicWall review by <span>Dustin L.</span>
Dustin L.

"A decent router and security appliance."

What do you like best?

I like the control I have through the interface.

What do you dislike?

The VPN functionality can be hit or miss at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It works as advertised.

Interoffice connectivity and management of our local environments.

SonicWall review by <span>Erik R.</span>
Erik R.

"Excellent and easy to use software"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, intuitive setup for blocking specific websites, words, phrases, themes, categories, etc.

What do you dislike?

The categories update periodically so we have to go through and allow specific websites that were blocked because of the updates or mistaken categorization.

This software has been instrumental in blocking social media from our internal network, reducing strain on bandwidth and our antivirus software.

SonicWall review by Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising
Internal Consultant in Marketing and Advertising

"Great product that is easy to manage"

What do you like best?

We have 3 devices in 3 locations and they are easy to setup, connect and manage

What do you dislike?

We haven't had any issues with these devices. They are not the cheapest, but still reasonably priced.

These firewalls allow us to control traffic to our environments and they are great because they can be remotely managed for our sales offices.

SonicWall review by <span>Ryan B.</span>
Ryan B.

"Security"

What do you like best?

ease of use and the simplistic design meaning that you can get straight on with any task

What do you dislike?

Can sometime be slow to load up certain pages that contain a lot of data, E.g. the junk box

increase the email security to prevent virus outbreaks and potentially unsafe content reaching the end user

SonicWall review by <span>Katie K.</span>
Katie K.

"Easy interfact"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, very few problems. I do lose connection about once a day, but it's a quick, easy re-set.

What do you dislike?

I lose connection at least once a day which can be frustrating.

Easily access documents and files company wide for a low cost.

SonicWall review by <span>Zaki R.</span>
Zaki R.

"I have used Sonicwall TZ-215 so will be reviewing for that"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the installation process thus far has been backing up my previous version's settings

The embedded web server configuration feature is well organized and thought-out and always available.

Configuration is straight forward and easy to setup. would surely recommend it to small & medium businesses that require security features and VPN links

What do you dislike?

they lock up, reboot, and log users out under even very light load. The big problem is that SonicWALL technical support is not just terrible, it is effectively non-existent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your company is looking to grow and step up to enterprise level everything --- buy this box

Running public servers behind sonicwall firewall.

Running VPN.

monitoring bandwidth

SonicWall review by <span>James K.</span>
James K.

"Great Firewall for Small Business"

What do you like best?

Sonicwalls are easy to deploy and configure. The UI makes navigation straight-forward. Setting up content filtering and SSLVPN connections are easy as well.

What do you dislike?

The Dell-branded 5.9 firmware is too "heavy" for the lower-end TZ models. We saw significant performance issues when the firmware was uploaded to them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider stepping up to the NSA series for any business of 50 or more users, and definitely if they are dependent on VPN connectivity.

Businesses needing a solid firewall solution to protect their network benefitted greatly from implementing a SonicWALL. The cost of the hardware and licensing for what you get is a good fit in the small business arena.

SonicWall review by <span>Devank G.</span>
Devank G.

"SonicBlast"

What do you like best?

Ease of Implementation. Plug and Play with the SonicOS patented

What do you dislike?

Long time for new features to be released and delivered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great enterprise product when used well and rightly

VPN issues and connecting remote locations

SonicWall review by <span>Roxie S.</span>
Roxie S.

"Decent Product"

What do you like best?

Offers a variety of options, ability to filter content and integrate that with Powershell to provide filters by user type are excellent.

What do you dislike?

Can be a bit clunky at times. We've had some issues with tunneling randomly going down.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good durable product

Security & Content filtering

SonicWall review by <span>Richard M.</span>
Richard M.

"SonicWall is my go to firewall"

What do you like best?

Once you get the hang of the setup interface it's a breeze to setup and configure.

What do you dislike?

It takes some time to learn the UI, but there are plenty of guides and instructions out there to help you out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very affordable and packed with features.

Firewall, vpn, wireless, content filtering and AV

SonicWall review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Review for Sonic wall"

What do you like best?

As I have to work remotely from home, its really convenient to connect to the office network through sonic wall. It is secure to even use if i an travelling out of country.

What do you dislike?

It needs a very good internet connection to work efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great security solution

Being a developer i can access the code base by connecting to office network using sonic wall conveniently from any location without worrying about the security issues.

SonicWall review by Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals

"Easy to use Firewalls"

What do you like best?

Ease of creating NAT policies, access rules, and configuring content filters.

What do you dislike?

Limited reporting through SonicWALL Analyzer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will benefit from SonicWALL with its built-in content filtering capabilities.

Content Filtering to block inappropriate websites.

SonicWall review by <span>Aaron T.</span>
Aaron T.

"Daily use of Dell Sonic Wall to vpn into customer servers"

What do you like best?

For the majority of the time the VPN connection is stable and the logon process is painless.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any issues with the software that is a cause of sonic wall.

I use this software to access customer servers and workstations to troubleshoot user issues.

SonicWall review by <span>Mitch K.</span>
Mitch K.

"Sonicwall is easy to use and to configure"

What do you like best?

Sonicwall is easy to configure and comes with a HA version that works like a charm. The Sonicpoints integrate easily into the Sonicwall and provides a good solution to wireless access. The global vpn client is a two factor way of logging into the Sonicpoints or remotely.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the support when they first came out. Since Dell bought them, support is way better.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We used this with Microsoft ISA Product and a Cisco PIX firewall.

Adding another layer to security.

SonicWall review by <span>Gregory K.</span>
Gregory K.

"VPN software that you can count on"

What do you like best?

Sonic wall vpn is very simple to use and setup

What do you dislike?

Sometime the connection drops and does not recover

We need to remote into servers across the country. This helps us connect

SonicWall review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security

"Top SMB Router and Firewalll"

What do you like best?

Dell SonicWall offers an advanced router firewall for small businesses. They have an awesome GUI that allows for simple configuration and easy training of new engineers. We've configured and installed hundreds of SonicWalls without issue and recommend them to all our customers.

What do you dislike?

Support is not as good as it was before dell purchased SonicWall.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great SMB firewall, excellent QOS, VPN, datacenter ready.

One of the most important features to us is the QOS feature of the SonicWall, we use this for every VoIP phone implementation.

SonicWall review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Good product that is constantly improving."

What do you like best?

I like the easy of user interface and it's advance IPS functionality.

What do you dislike?

The client VPN could use some work and is hit & miss.

It solves our security problems.

SonicWall review by Administrator in Hospitality
Administrator in Hospitality

"Easy to use, manage, small business friendly"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, plenty of features and support options.

What do you dislike?

Nothing I can think of right now, I have always had good experience with Sonicwall.

Firewall, blocking malware, websites, etc.

SonicWall review by <span>Paul L.</span>
Paul L.

"SonicWall to the Rescue"

What do you like best?

What I like best about SonicWall is that in addition to attack prevention, it supports wireless access points.

What do you dislike?

What I dislike about SonicWall is that the wireless access points do at times require a power shut off and restart for continued service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend SonicWall for all serious business internet users. SonicWall provides excellent protection from all internet attacks.

We can access the internet without having to worry about virus or worm attacks. SonicWall also supports website blocking to prevent staff from accidentally going to a virus infected webpage.

SonicWall review by Consultant in Computer & Network Security
Consultant in Computer & Network Security

"Very good"

What do you like best?

Is powerfull, incredibly easy to use, very well designed and well thinked

What do you dislike?

Open a port have more steps than i supouse

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take care with the products you send for NSS and other labs test.

Continue doing investment in RD

Security, confidentiality and go back to relax

SonicWall review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Protect your info"

What do you like best?

We hope this will protect us from the ever changing malware, viruses, and ransomware

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it takes a bad event before realizing your system needs this

We are preventing attackers from penetrating our system

SonicWall review by Administrator

"Easy, no problems "

What do you like best?

Easy, no problems. We use this to connect remotely to our VPN server. Never hav any issues.

What do you dislike?

It’s so benign that there’s really nothing to dislike!

Makes remote access convenient and secure for our employees

SonicWall review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"No complaints"

What do you like best?

Easy remote access when I need to check my work email

What do you dislike?

Sometimes doesn’t load properly the first time

I just use it as a login portal to my Remote Desktop

SonicWall review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"great device for medium and small business"

What do you like best?

sonicwalls provide a solid firewall for medium and small business. they are cost effective and easy to deploy.

What do you dislike?

lack of some enterprise features found in other vendors

protecting the network edge from virus and security breach .

SonicWall review by <span>Jason H.</span>
Jason H.

"Greàt to use and easy to setup"

What do you like best?

I have used sonic wall several times for small and large firewall needs. Setup was pretty straight forward and can go up quickly. Also the reporting ad tracking features of attacks and traffic is great. Also VPNs work best on sonic walls than other brands hive tried like watch guard etc.

What do you dislike?

None

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it

Learning about SonicWall?

* We monitor all SonicWall reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.