Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Spanning Backup for Salesforce

5.0
(4 reviews)

Spanning Backup for Salesforce is the first and only backup and restore solution delivered directly within the Salesforce interface.

Work for Spanning Backup for Salesforce?

Learning about Spanning Backup for Salesforce?

Spanning Backup for Salesforce Reviews

Ask Spanning Backup for Salesforce a Question
Showing 4 Spanning Backup for Salesforce reviews
Spanning Backup for Salesforce review by JP G.
JP G.

"Excellent Salesforce Backup"

What do you like best?

Spanning integrates well with Salesforce and provides an extremely easy-to-use backup solution that can be access in-app. Support during the implementation process and the easy of implementation were excellent. Spanning provides peace of mind about the integrity of our data as we expand.

What do you dislike?

Spanning provides daily information on updated records and metadata, and allows restoration of large swaths of data or specific records.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Conduct pre-purchase call and demo with Spanning. They were able to effectively answer all of our questions. They also provide a free two-week trial, which demonstrates the ease of use.

Backing up Salesforce records and metadata was a key priority for our organization as we've invested dozens of ours into building a Salesforce framework and populating the data. Spanning provided the perfect solution at an exceptionally reasonable cost.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Spanning Backup for Salesforce
Spanning Backup for Salesforce review by Jayson F.
Jayson F.

"Spanning Backup - A life saver for me as Salesforce Developer"

What do you like best?

I love the user interface of the tool, we're using Salesforce Classic but every time I go to the tool and look at the UI, I always feel like I'm on Lightning. I also love the Backup Scheduling of the tool, with this feature, my worry about losing data everyday was relieved, the tool also allows you to control or limit its API consumption assuring you that no downtime will happen due to API consumption limits (I'm telling you, daily API Limits almost killed us!)... and most especially, I really love how Spanning process the backup and restore. I can do it with few clicks and after that, all I need to do is to sit, relax and have a cup of coffee!

What do you dislike?

The tool is kinda costly, it cost $4+ per user per month. We're not really a big company, we have 74 users in total and we are paying almost 3.5k+ per year, its kinda costly for us.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a restore/backup tool, I would highly recomment Spanning Backup for Salesforce. The tool is quite expensive though but I'm telling you, all cents worth!.

with the fast growth rate of our company, the need of storage becomes a necessity. We're really having issues doing integration with our external databases as Salesforce Lightning Connect is really costly, instead of doing integration which will require a massive amount of work, we chose to use backup instead of using an external storage. This helps us a lot though!

What SaaS Backup solution do you use?

Spanning Backup for Salesforce review by Lucas V.
Lucas V.

"Great user interface and usable reporting"

What do you like best?

Spanning Backup's product is very similar to Backupify. Both are great products, however when it comes to price fro nonprofits it is not even a question on which product to choose. For our company, 11 employees, Spanning offers over $1,800 in annual savings!

What do you dislike?

There is not alot to dislike about this product. The one thing that Backupify has on Spanning in my mind would be the fact that Backupify uses there own 190 petabyte server space and Spanning, a EMC company (soon to be purchased by Dell, uses Amazons servers.

The need to have a secure offsite back up of all of our users salesforce data. The benefit is in the products user face and ability to restore easily.

Spanning Backup for Salesforce review by Matthew C.
Matthew C.

"Just what we needed"

What do you like best?

Simplicity the webbased console gets straight to the point with ease.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. You truly get a bang for you buck.

Having a 2nd backup of our data reassures us that data will never be lost.

Learning about Spanning Backup for Salesforce?

* We monitor all Spanning Backup for Salesforce reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.