Spark Streaming

4.0

Spark Streaming brings Apache Spark's language-integrated API to stream processing, letting you write streaming jobs the same way you write batch jobs. It supports Java, Scala and Python. Spark Streaming recovers both lost work and operator state (e.g. sliding windows) out of the box, without any extra code on your part.

Work for Spark Streaming?

Learning about Spark Streaming?

Spark Streaming Reviews

Showing 3 Spark Streaming reviews
Spark Streaming review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Apache Spark - Powerful analytics tool"

What do you like best?

APIs of Spark is very powerful for data pre processing.

SQL interface is very user friendly

Faster compared to any other big data tool

What do you dislike?

Documentation would have been improved. It becomes very easy to use if they've well written documentation, we don't have to visit other sites like this.

Debugging is particularly hard.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You've a big data? Apache spark is an ultimate tool you have to consider. Because, it's analytical capabilities are strong for large data.

Apache Spark can be used in various ways. In HDFS environment, Apache SPark can be used on streaming data for further analysis purpose. Sprak is a great alternative for MapReduce. We build many machine learning applications on Apache Spark on AWS platform or sometimes databricks. My company uses Apache Spark in various ways including machine learning, analytics and batch processing. [We] Grab the data from other sources and put it into a Hadoop environment. [We] Build data lakes. SparkSQL is also used for analysis of data and to develop reports. We have deployed the clusters in Cloudera. Because of Apache Spark, it has become very easy to apply data science in a big data field. In our company, we used Spark for a healthcare analytical project, where we need to do large-scale data processing in a Hadoop environment. The project is about building an enterprise data lake where we bring data from multiple products and consolidate. Further, in the downstream, we will develop some business reports.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Spark Streaming
Spark Streaming review by Bethany E.
Bethany E.

"Spark"

What do you like best?

I loved using this software at IBEX Global when I worked with their DirecTV campain. This made my job so much easier because I could chat with our managers and also our Tech support that was above me as well as other co-workers to assist with any questions or help I needed on the call or to help other people. As well this helped me to chat to make sales to the customers or to know to take over someone elses call for them if needed. This was an amazing way to communicate through out the office. This like never froze up and saved your previous chats from that day.

What do you dislike?

I just wish that Spark would have saved all messages instead of clearing them when you log out. It would have been helpful to have those messages later to search through that way I could have reflected on past conversations and issues just in case I ran into the issue again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of this its awesome!!! Could not have done my job as well as I did without this service. Made my day so much easier and more enjoyable. I gotta say that we also used between co-workers for personal enjoyment at work too which made the day go by a lot easier and gave a break between seriousness and promoted team work.

I was able to solve tech issues as well as communication while busy

What Event Stream Processing solution do you use?

Spark Streaming review by User

"Spark Streaming efficiency "

What do you like best?

The processing of live data is a scalable, high performance, and fault tolerant tool.

What do you dislike?

Not all versions are compatible with all types of data sources.

Spark is an incredible tool for processing a massive volume of data, it has the capacity to process a large number of algorithms and functions that form data packets and has the ability to process data continuously.

Learning about Spark Streaming?

* We monitor all Spark Streaming reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.