SparkPost

SparkPost

Advanced email delivery system for both marketing and transactional emails.

Work for SparkPost?

Learning about SparkPost?

SparkPost Reviews

Ask SparkPost a Question
Showing 47 SparkPost reviews
SparkPost review by John L.
John L.

"Sparkpost is a great tool for emails"

What do you like best?

Sparkpost is very intuitive and easy to use. The User interface as well as all the features are easily explained and have very easy instructions to follow. furthermore, sparkpost is built on AWS which means that sparkpost is extremely reliable. I have yet to meet any downtime or problems when using sparkpost. The reliability and scalability is great and extremely useful. We have products that only send a few emails out a day, while we have products that send almost over 100 emails a day.

What do you dislike?

Sparkpost has a free feature, but once you pass the number of free emails, the cost can be quite expensive. In general Sparkpost is a somewhat expensive tool. Another dislike is that sparkpost is usually used by people who are somewhat tech savvy. We had to have another member of our team who was proficient in coding to develop other tools to combine with sparkpost to use sparkpost to its full potential.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sparkpost is extremely easy to use and should be used if you have many emails to send out to customers

We use sparkpost every day to send emails out to customers and users. We need to be able to contact all of our customers and the best way is to send emails through sparkpost. Another big issue that sparkpost solved is the problem of having to contact multiple users at one time. It is much easier for us to automate this task using sparkpost than having to manually do it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SparkPost
SparkPost review by Jim T.
Jim T.

"Spark Post Email"

What do you like best?

outbound emails are generated and sent very quickly. That is too be expected but the reporting features on the website are quite helpful in tracking the progress of an email from injection to delivery to open.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike but the robustness of code documentation and samples could be improved. I work in a .NET environment and although I can get to the answer eventually it would be helpful to have more detailed documentation for things like webhooks, API, etc

Recommendations to others considering the product

Checkout the community of information available. There are a lot of questions already answered.

We off loaded the transactional emails of around 30,000 - 50,000 per month to Spark Post thereby saving a lot of internal headaches if something goes wrong. In addition it allows us to switch email systems and not worry about the outbound emails that are transactional.

What Transactional Email solution do you use?

SparkPost review by Jeremiah P.
Jeremiah P.

"Great and active development community. Competitive pricing. Service can be spotty."

What do you like best?

The community is fantastic. Both inside and outside the company. They obviously care what the teams using their product think about their product and actively work towards improving the service.

What do you dislike?

The deliverability metrics are not greatest. You cannot actually view, or access, the content of the email in anyway and the search tools cannot search my email subject so parsing reports is difficult for automated messages which have consistent subject lines but issues with deliverability scores.

All external email services from all of our platforms. Previously with Mandrill, definitely more trusted visibility into deliverable scores but could be better.

SparkPost review by Guilherme M.
Guilherme M.

"Using sparkpost after the end of mandrill for us"

What do you like best?

Compared to other email services the free plan for sparkpost is very generous and it is a good start for startups and small businesses. They have grown quite a bit after the end of Mandrill and have have some issues because of that. But now the services are up and running on great uptime and quality.

The support is quite good and they usually respond to tickets on a day or so.

Many improvements on the last few months.

What do you dislike?

Lack of some functionalities such as see the body of the sent e-mail and sandbox mode. I really dislike the things we have to do to test the sending of transactional emails... Some times configuration for it to work properly is hard

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a good transactional email service to start your business I would definitely recommend Sparkpost for they have good prices even when you (hopefully) escalate. They have great support and the API integration works very well. They also have integrations for many languages such as Ruby on Rails, which we are using right now.

Deliverability is good even for shared IPs and it helps you to set good reputation for sending domains.

We are using it for transactional e-mails and are starting to user for email marketing connected to Mautic. So far, nothing to complain.

SparkPost review by Kislay P.
Kislay P.

"Best Email Delivery Service."

What do you like best?

I have used multiple email delivery service most of them are good but sparkpost is better than all of them. There dashboard are quite very easy to manage and deliverability for transactional emails are quite amazing.

What do you dislike?

You guys must do some work on costing cost is same as lots of services available in market but you guys can reduce your prices.

You guys can add one more option based for number of email subscriber.

We are in ecommerce business. we are sending transnational and some of products information to our customer.

SparkPost review by Administrator in Computer Software

"Software Engineer III"

What do you like best?

They are very responsive and provide "white glove" service. If you are paying for their service, you definitely feel like you are being taken care of. Prompt updates and deliverability reports e-mailed regularly.

What do you dislike?

It is difficult to get any desired changes on their roadmap. Unless a lot of their customers, or their biggest customers want the change as well, you will likely not get your change request completed. Some of the changes are pretty necessary for our solution. They can even be obvious features that should be available, they will agree, but still not move quickly on it.

My team wanted someone else to handle our deliverability and template management. They monitor our deliverability and alert us of any issues. We handle our own user segmentation, but even if we mess up, their system won't let us spam users unnecessarily. They delivery e-mails at any rate that we require and have a robust e-mail event system.

SparkPost review by Trevor B.
Trevor B.

"Most generous free plan in any email sending service"

What do you like best?

The volume of emails that can be sent with SparkPost is truly impressive -- 100,000 emails per month at no charge! This alone makes it worth trying at the very least.

I found it exceedingly easy to set up SparkPost to work with my website. The web interface is clean and simple, and the documentation was surprisingly great when I needed additional help. Checklists in the web interface ensured that I had set up all of the DNS records correctly, and the ability to quickly send a test email provided peace of mind that I had actually set up everything correctly.

Another minor but appreciated feature of SparkPost is two-factor authentication through any app like Google Authenticator or Authy. While minor, implement two-factor authentication makes me feel more secure in trusting SparkPost with the ability to email all of the users of our products.

What do you dislike?

I have not yet run into anything I've disliked about SparkPost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go through all of the steps listed by SparkPost to ensure that email will be sent correctly to all email providers. Use the test email sending feature to ensure that emails will be sent correctly. Set up two-factor authentication!

We used SparkPost as an email sending service for a Discourse forum we are using to provide community support. Setting up SparkPost to work with Discourse was dead simple, and we have not had any issues with email since setting it up.

SparkPost review by Alina U.
Alina U.

"Decent solution that substituted Mandrill"

What do you like best?

After the news about Mandrill & MailChimp integration, we were looking for another mailing service that will meet our needs and found SparkPost. These guys definitely know what they are doing.

We integrated it with OWOX BI service and now I use it for all my email marketing needs.

What I can say:

- It is packed with good real-time analytics and intuitive interface;

- Due to high daily mail limits, so there's no problem in testing templates and checking campaigns;

- Performance and delivery rates are also great;

- The amount of data it provides over hooks is overwhelming;

- It is well documented, and the solutions to issues are quite easy to implement.

By far I didn't have any critical issues with it and failed none of my campaigns.

What do you dislike?

Before integrating the webhooks, Message Event reports were a mess due to 1000 results limit.

If you lost the API key, just live with it, you will never see it again =)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it, doesn't matter if you are a developer or marketer it is plain easy to integrate and work with.

I'm using it for daily email marketing routine, as I said above. Not only for promotional needs but also for triggered letters and all kinds of service information. The quotas of their free plan are, by far, the best on the market, and covers all my and even developers needs.

Just check it, it works awesome.

PS: If you are an upset Mandrill user (just like us) - they have a great migration guide.

SparkPost review by Sherif O.
Sherif O.

"Emails sent through the disappear into a blackhole, they have no clue where they go"

What do you like best?

Site is clean and easy to use. Support respond quickly.

What do you dislike?

First they suspended me for sending spam email before I'd even sent a single email. They did apologize and reactivate my account.

After running a few tests, we noticed emails to hotmail weren't arriving. Not bouncing, not delayed, marked as delivered but never appearing. When we sent to them regarding this - and that our test from 4 other providers to the same address with the same email content were arriving, they kept on saying "from our side all is ok, check your junk email". The emails were not in junk email, or nowhere at all. They simply have no idea where their emails go. For an email sending service, this is sort of a big deal :)

Not going to use them for sure.

SparkPost review by Jason L.
Jason L.

"Incredibly reliable, easy to navigate"

What do you like best?

The best thing about Sparkpost is the fact that I've never had a problem with their platform. We moved from an antiquated competitor that constantly gave us technical issues, and then weren't that helpful in solving them. Sparkpost is extremely reliable, and the control panel is intuitive and gives us everything we need.

What do you dislike?

It's not easy to write '40 characters minimum' when I've nothing bad to say about SparkPost :)

Painless email automation, easy to use system.

SparkPost review by Akram Hasan S.
Akram Hasan S.

"Very restricted and Authentic email service"

What do you like best?

They are one of the leading email delivery system online. Offering some amazing features you might consider to think about. White label domain, API access, spam word detection any other features here. I mentioned "Authentic" because they are very awake about every single delivery. You can't use any fake header information on your email made them Authentic. They are restricted because system will reject any emails not sent from your domain name. It's pretty great service yet sometimes you may not like. For example , you want to deploy emailing on your cellphone app, here lot of drama using SparkPost for this service. Because your email been not sending from your domain name.

But yes they are Authentic so you can trust their delivery.

What do you dislike?

As I mentioned before the only thing I didn't liked is domain restriction. Yet they offered few solution for this but I will always vote for the easiest. I have to be honest, they are amazing and trust worthy email delivery service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for something Authentic, SparkPost will be the best choice for you. Yet I will suggest for give a try before implementing their service as final.

We are using transactional email delivery for our web based app by SparkPost. Their delivery, reporting, reputation check is pretty reliable service.

SparkPost review by Nicolas G.
Nicolas G.

"Very capable email sending platform with a great API"

What do you like best?

A very functional API, a clear website with lots of documentation. I was able to quickly develop on top of this platform.

What do you dislike?

The control panel could be more ergonomic in presenting statistics. In particular, it is very difficult to trace individual emails to see if and why they bounced.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Open a trial account, test the API or SMTP and send a few emails out.

Sending transactional and mass marketing emails with a cost-effective and reliable service.

SparkPost review by Administrator

"Good service, clean and easy to use developer experience"

What do you like best?

Templated emails are by far the best feature. We can easily maintain our email templates in source control, and only send the raw data to send our transactional email

What do you dislike?

Some things in the user interface are not as easy as they should be, mainly around finding specific email addresses or domains that are failing

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fully explore the documentation to ensure you will get the most uses out of SparkPost.

We are using SparkPost for all of our transactional email communications and receipts, and it has allowed us to not worry about email delivery, but instead focus on our core business

SparkPost review by M. Serhat D.
M. Serhat D.

"Lead Email Delivery Service for Serious Needs"

What do you like best?

SparkPost is a popular e-mail delivery service for high mail delivery needs. It's an easy to use service also integration with other services is easy with SparkPost. It has a well documented and designed RESTful API. Campaigns, A/B testing, high delivery rates, real time analytics, performance, ease of use and scalability are my best features of SparkPost. SparkPost API provides ready to use clients for NodeJS, Java, Python, PHP and Go. Overall, my SparkPost experience as a developer was satisfying.

What do you dislike?

Unlike other similar e-mail delivery services, SparkPost is not providing a client for Ruby. It is interesting to see Go in supported clients but not Ruby.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SparkPost is a complete solution both for email marketing and transactional email. It is mostly prefered by big companies with high e-mail traffic, because SparkPost delivery rates are higher than industry standarts and also their delivery rates are high. I suggest you to try SparkPost and their API services also if you need an integration with your services.

During a project I was responsible to integrate SparkPost with a Ruby on Rails project which is deployed on Heroku. From my part, it was easy because SparkPost services are well documented and they are officially supporting Heroku.

SparkPost review by Jimmy B.
Jimmy B.

"SparkPost makes it easy to be a pro."

What do you like best?

How easy it is to navigate on their site.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes there are questions that would be good to ask a human.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not regret using this application. It has great price points and is so easy to use.

Delivering to more mailboxes than ever, eliminating high bounce rate has been very simple with SparkPost.

SparkPost review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"Great Company"

What do you like best?

The attention to detail, as an enterprise customer, SparkPost does a fantastic job managing deliverability. Implementation went smoothly. The best part about being a SparkPost customer is all of the things I DON'T have to worry about.

What do you dislike?

No real segmentation for their enterprise customers. Requires using another segmentation type front end to be able to work with newer event and action schema triggers.

Deliverability - an improvement of about 4-5%.

SparkPost review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Good alternative to Mandrill and Mailgun"

What do you like best?

it free for teams which send low levels of emails, has a good number of ways to connect to your app just like Mandrill.

For me the main issue was pricing. Mandrill suddenly started kicking out free customers and I needed something similar and SparkPost was the best alternative that I could find.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing much to dislike about SparkPost. it offers the same number of features as Mandrill and a decent quota at the moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You get what you pay for and in my case I didn't pay for anything but it was very simple to move from Mandrill. If you are looking for a Mandrill alternative this is the one for you.

I needed something for my transactional emails and I found Mandrill and it was good while it lasted. Then it turned into a paid only service which turned me to SparkPost. SparkPost is good as it offered the same level of features as Mandrill so there is nothing to complain about.

There are no additional benefits as I never looked beyond the free features.

SparkPost review by Alexandria P.
Alexandria P.

"Great transition to SparkPost"

What do you like best?

So far I am heavily relying on the summary results. The data available is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

So far everything has been very satisfactory.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's been a very good experience.

We are using SparkPost in conjunction with our Mautic platform. Our business model is unique and very data heavy, so we needed a lot of customization solutions. SparkPost has provided us a great ESP at a very fair price. They have been very helpful with our need for high volume sending.

SparkPost review by Robert E.
Robert E.

"Good ESP, decent pricing and support"

What do you like best?

IT does what you need it to do... send your emails, however this is not a standalone situation, you'll need an interface to make it work properly.

What do you dislike?

The reporting is horrible. You can only get 100 records over any span of time, which is cumbersome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rely on it for reporting, as you shouldn't anyway. Make sure that your API connections are done properly to have all pieces talking to each other.

Sending emails to our customers and gauging engagement with them.

SparkPost review by Vito P.
Vito P.

"Sparkpost makes email sending a breeze"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Sparkpost is the excellent customer service. Having a dedicated tam to answer all questions is super handy.

What do you dislike?

The amount of time some roadmap items take can be frustrating as they could be showstoppers for customers

Getting more insight into our user's inbox. The event webhooks are super handy for determining engagement.

Administrator in Internet

"Sparkpost makes complicated email a simple process!"

What do you like best?

The hands on team at Sparkpost is incredible. Any time I have a question or issue, they're there to answer or solve it for me. They're also great at sending email.

What do you dislike?

Not a thing. The entire experience with SP has been very pleasant.

We send lots of emails for lots of different companies. Sparkpost has helped us develop a comprehensive sending strategy across many hundreds of different senders. We're in effect acting as an ESP ourselves, and Sparkpost has been a huge aid in that process!

SparkPost review by Rupak R.
Rupak R.

"Most efficient and affordable Email Delivery Platform"

What do you like best?

Ease of Integration

Pricing

Customer Support

What do you dislike?

Reporting - can be made easy for non-technical people

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, you should take it.

We use sparkpost to deliver all transactional or customer engagement related emails.

SparkPost review by Administrator

"Works for what we need"

What do you like best?

They help mix up our SMTP services nicely. We use sparkpost every day to send emails out to customers and users. We off load our newsletter emails of over 1M per month to Spark Post and save time.

What do you dislike?

Not as intuitive as we'd like. Can't figure out a lot of features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

How to add more IPs to our account?

We are trying to get more sending IP addresses.

Administrator in Internet

"Good until you need a feature."

What do you like best?

Sparkpost does a good job of stewarding our email reputation. They are also pretty communicative when they have an outage.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they would be more willing to add new features. In the past, they have changed how certain product mechanisms work without notifying us ahead of time. This could have been very bad if we hadn't designed our systems to account for it.

Sending emails, keeping our send lists clean, and also providing an easy to use templating system for email content.

SparkPost review by Patrick H.
Patrick H.

"A flexible, robust product that is always improving "

What do you like best?

The APIs that Sparkpost offers are robust, and always improving. The team is constantly asking for feedback to improve their product and there to provide support as needed.

What do you dislike?

We're very happy with Sparkpost - previous occasional downtime is no longer a problem.

We're able to focus on the core of our business (CRM) without having to build out complex email-sending infrastructure.

SparkPost review by User

"Reliable email service with generous offerings"

What do you like best?

They offer 100,000 emails per month at no charge.

We've been able to use SparkPost across multichannel marketing campaigns and seamlessly integrate with their API to deploy emails at scale internally.

Users across our entire email team have found SparkPost extremely easy to use, we've seen reliable delivery, and developers have had only positive reviews internally.

What do you dislike?

I haven't run into any issues using Sparkpost, it's one of my favorite email services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make the most of their free offerings and great for email marketing teams. Reliable deliveries.

Daily marketing emails, very easy to use for our developers, and very cost-effective

SparkPost review by User in Internet

"A good, yet imperfect operational email system"

What do you like best?

The actual functionality is great! Easy to set up and automate ops emails. Great business partners as well.

What do you dislike?

There needs to be an easier way to set up recurring reports. I have to manually go in and set up the report structure I want every month, when most systems I can automate and have a report sent to me regarding specific emails regularly.

Makes it super easy to set up and send ops emails!

SparkPost review by User in Internet

"A wonderful partner in deliverability"

What do you like best?

SparkPost is a great partner in email sending. Their support staff is attentive and knowledgeable- I have learned a lot through working with them!

What do you dislike?

No complaints that I can think of at this time.

There is a huge benefit in having a partner that is savvy about email deliverability- is has opened up my eyes to that side of email marketing and how important it is.

SparkPost review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Decent experience"

What do you like best?

The ability to send emails using an API.

What do you dislike?

When not using the API unable to differentiate the messages.

Attempting to stop users from blasting out messages to free email services such as yahoo, gmail, and etc. This will help preserve our IP ranges reputation. Unfortunately, we haven't been able to drive adoption like we want due to groups being unwilling to use the API.

SparkPost review by Consultant in Internet
Consultant in Internet

"Very responsive and providing a lot of value"

What do you like best?

I find their support team to be very responsive to issues. I also enjoy the monthly reports as to how our mail is performing, this provides a lot of value to my team. Lots of flexibility in the tool making it easy for it to mean our needs

What do you dislike?

We primarily use the API integration so I found it difficult to implement but I felt that we had the support we needed and now that the initial set up is done its easy to use

We are making our own service more reliable by using Sparkpost as an MTA

SparkPost review by Nathan S.
Nathan S.

"Email Operations Coordinator"

What do you like best?

Great reporting UI, only really lacking day of the week.

What do you dislike?

Lack of ability to influence SparkPost's roadmap

Delivery is consistently over 99%.

SparkPost review by Administrator in Computer Software

"SparkPost off platform sending"

What do you like best?

Excellent customer service and notification of when they are making changes to any of their systems ahead of time.

What do you dislike?

The only real complaint i have is the lack of history on templates. So if someone makes a blunder there is no history to rollback or know who/when exactly it happened.

Insight into our customer inboxes with open and click data.

SparkPost review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Pretty Good"

What do you like best?

Once set up there is little to do. Pricing. API fairly easy.

What do you dislike?

Reporting not great and it difficult to create them through the API.

We send millions of emails each month. We needed an external send tool that would take the weight off our server

Administrator in Internet

"Unmatched deliverability with industry-leading service "

What do you like best?

I know I'm not the only one watching my metrics and will hear from SparkPost the moment something goes awry with my deliverability.

What do you dislike?

While suitable, the reporting UI has room for improvement.

With 99.7% deliverability, I know my emails are hitting inboxes and serving our users and ecosystem as a result.

SparkPost review by johnatan r.
johnatan r.

"software engineer"

What do you like best?

Admin console and the reports that provide statistics.

What do you dislike?

Sub accounts are not easy to setup and require other initialization to work.

We send many regular communications to our customers telling them where they are in a process.

SparkPost review by User in Internet

"i use SparkPost for personal email blog! the best email analytic program out there!"

What do you like best?

i like sparkpost even better than mailchimp - i can drill down into real-time data reporting on a huge amount of metrics.

i rarely get bounce backs or delays.

What do you dislike?

honestly, at this point, still using it for free so cant complain too much but really havent found any faults! :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

try this before mailchimp, superior IMHO! It

getting the word out there for new subscribers and users of my blog - how can i continually connect and stay infront of them - engaged.

"Email Service"

What do you like best?

Email sending and customization, ability to embed pictures that are responsive

What do you dislike?

Would like more monitoring. Would like to use markdown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great product. Makes email sending a breeze.

Makes sending emails easy

SparkPost review by User in Financial Services

"Sparkpost has been a great replacement for Mandrill"

What do you like best?

Sparkpost has good performance and it reasonably priced. They do all the basics really well.

What do you dislike?

Mandrill had more debugging tools and it was easy to see the stream of messages as they went out and the responses that came back I the interface. It would be great if they could add these features.

The ability to send transactional email.

SparkPost review by Manjunath S.
Manjunath S.

"Spart post review"

What do you like best?

webhooks, easy interface (API), reporting and anaytics

What do you dislike?

We are still implementing and have not run into any issues.

Email sends, tracking, reporting and analytics

SparkPost review by Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Internal Consultant in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Spark is great"

What do you like best?

Great program to message others, compatible with all computer types including tablets and smartphones also has fun emojis and the ability to create different chat rooms in case conferences are needed

What do you dislike?

Occasionally lags with poor service however that almost never happends

Trouble shooting or Q&A for agent's

SparkPost review by Administrator

"Easy to use mass email service"

What do you like best?

The set up is dead simple and clean. No fuss, no muss.

What do you dislike?

I would not have needed customer success outreach, but then my use case is almost trivial. Easy enough to ignore those emails.

Transactional, high volume email where deliver ability is paramount.

"Great for developers"

What do you like best?

I love that it was built from the ground up for devs.

What do you dislike?

At first, after the Mandrill closure, there were deliverability problems as many users came over from Mandrill.

Mostly reliable SMTP delivery.

"Great Service So Far"

What do you like best?

the overall dashboard and ease of setup for the service

What do you dislike?

seems to have more downtime and issues than I would like but overall not too bad.

Transactional and promotional emails mostly

SparkPost review by Internal Consultant in Financial Services
Internal Consultant in Financial Services

"Integration Architect"

What do you like best?

the whole end to end integrations and email delivery

What do you dislike?

issues when integration with Hp extreame

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are currently using the base product and already moving to the enterprise product soon.

email delivery and statistics

SparkPost review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Quick & Easy"

What do you like best?

I like the ease with which I can change a graphic.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how few font choices there are.

The benefits of using SparkPost is that I can do it on my iPhone.

SparkPost review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"SparkPost Flexible and Customizable API"

What do you like best?

The well built API, sound distribution of emails and whitelisting.

What do you dislike?

Unable to upload a CSV file to distribute directly from browser.

CRM integration

SparkPost review by Internal Consultant in Internet
Internal Consultant in Internet

"Deliv"

What do you like best?

Solid overall mta seems to do exactly as expected

What do you dislike?

Not much, like I said a solid mta that does what asked.

Additional MTA fallbacks

Learn more about SparkPost

SparkPost Videos

Learning about SparkPost?

* We monitor all SparkPost reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.