Spiceworks Network Monitor

Powerful, easy-to-use network monitoring software.

Work for Spiceworks Network Monitor?
Signalfx networkmonit  2x

Spiceworks review by <span>Daniel V.</span>
Daniel V.

Best IT product ever!

Validated Review
What do you like best?

This is simply the best network management tool I've ever used. I've implemented Spiceworks in all my jobs and used it with personal clients. You can inventory your entire network with a few clicks. Even if you have remote locations, you can setup a collector agent, it inventories then sends to the server. It's fairly small and can even run a PC. You can setup a network map, can create a helpdesk ( or use thew one online if you prefer) and many more options with the community addins. Backups for spiceworks are super easy and very light. You can also monitor disk space, printer toner levels, dns entries

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the system auto download updates. Also it's for the small medium businesses as it tends to lag alot when you get passed 500 machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it will simplify your IT inventory management

IT inventory, network mapping, helpdesk system, billing for external clients, dns entries, anti-virus client updates, monitor exchange server load. Also you can monitor server disk space, cpu and ram load

Showing 12 Spiceworks reviews
Spiceworks review by <span>Patrick B.</span>
Patrick B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the ability to visualize the state of my network. At any time I can pop in to check dynamically assigned IP addresses, check the health of my network and fix any problems if they come up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of resources required to run full network scans. We run this software on our applications server and sometimes I have to stop scans because they're eating up too many resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's completely free so there is no harm in trying it. It may not be the fastest, most powerful thing out there but it does a damn good job for a free product.

We use Spiceworks as a whole as our sole IT management platform. Network monitor is an easy attachment to this software suite. The best part is it's free so you can try it first and uninstall if you don't like it.

0 of 0 found this helpful.
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Spiceworks Network Monitor
Spiceworks review by <span>Erik H.</span>
Erik H.

Great Network monitoring

Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the way the system alerts me to significant issues that need immediate attention. For example, if my server doesn't have the latest update on antivirus patches. It even alerts me when a printer is getting low on toner. Plus it's FREE! (for a limited version)

What do you dislike?

I'm sure there will be something that I would like to see improved, but I haven't had it long enough to know what I dislike. I'm still learning what all it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great free tool. Easy to use and very informative.

The biggest business problems that I have solved is having an insight into what is happening on my network. I have been able to alert our MSP that we need updates to security software that might have otherwise never been discovered.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

Spiceworks review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

Great monitoring tool

Validated Review
What do you like best?

The solution is extremely flexible for each monitored device, by operating system. It allows independent thresholds per system or device as well. This is a great up/down solution but also for more granular monitoring such as memory consumption, disk activity and more.

What do you dislike?

The software does not reconcile down systems well. Our branch location links occasionally go down, and once the tool detects them as down, they do not come back up and must be deleted and re-added. The software can also eat up a bunch of disk space, so if it co-locates with another app, the drive can fill quickly if you don't keep on the logs or automate cleanup. The GUI can also be a little slow to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is quick and easy to implement. It runs quick on a VM or a physical box. Its pretty light on resources but its logs can quickly fill up a drive if you don't stay on top of them or have a script to clean them up after a period of time. The software is agent less, so there is little to no impact on the monitored devices. It can even monitor SNMP traps from switches, printers, copiers and other devices.

it does a great job monitoring off-hours when we are not staffed. The monitoring is done on servers, switches, appliances both physical and virtual as well. The software is no-cost so there is no risk in giving it a try.

Spiceworks review by <span>William D.</span>
William D.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the ease of setup if you already have a Spiceworks Helpdesk instance set up. The metrics available are great for a free tool.

What do you dislike?

The alert management could be a little more detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you use this in addition to the inventory and helpdesk features from Spiceworks.

We are getting a better insight on our network usage spikes as well as monitoring for downtime and resource load.

Spiceworks review by <span>Benjamin S.</span>
Benjamin S.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

The Network Monitor is a real-time monitor brought to you buy the cool kids over at SpiceWorks. The app is great, constantly being updated and revised, and the team behind it is open to suggestions, open with their betas, and responsible for support. End state is a functional and improving product designed for ease of use and implementation.

What do you dislike?

In the early days, the Network Monitor was a bit rough around the edges. That is no longer the case. It is, however, for simple monitoring, not collection or logging - don't make that mistake!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage the good works at SpiceWorks, they love to help!

Network Monitor provides a great at-a-glance view of critical systems - network or server - on a single pane of glass.

Spiceworks review by <span>Richard S.</span>
Richard S.
Validated Review

Easy to use network monitor

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Great dashboard view. Easy to see important performance metrics for each server. Nice addition to have up checkers as well for simpler applications.

What do you dislike?

Email spam is crazy. I had to turn up the thresholds for emails warnings because I was inundated. As far as I can see, only 10 servers max which isn't enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rank servers by priority and start with the most essential due to limited slots.

Easy view on one screen of everything I need to know. Much faster identification of network issues.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

Learning about Spiceworks Network Monitor?

* We monitor all Spiceworks Network Monitor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.

Compare Spiceworks Network Monitor to Similar Solutions