Spiceworks Network Monitor

Powerful, easy-to-use network monitoring software.

Work for Spiceworks Network Monitor?

Learning about Spiceworks?

Spiceworks Network Monitor Reviews

Ask Spiceworks a Question
Spiceworks review by Daniel V.
Daniel V.

"Best IT product ever!"

What do you like best?

This is simply the best network management tool I've ever used. I've implemented Spiceworks in all my jobs and used it with personal clients. You can inventory your entire network with a few clicks. Even if you have remote locations, you can setup a collector agent, it inventories then sends to the server. It's fairly small and can even run a PC. You can setup a network map, can create a helpdesk ( or use thew one online if you prefer) and many more options with the community addins. Backups for spiceworks are super easy and very light. You can also monitor disk space, printer toner levels, dns entries

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to have the system auto download updates. Also it's for the small medium businesses as it tends to lag alot when you get passed 500 machines.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, it will simplify your IT inventory management

IT inventory, network mapping, helpdesk system, billing for external clients, dns entries, anti-virus client updates, monitor exchange server load. Also you can monitor server disk space, cpu and ram load

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Spiceworks Network Monitor
Showing 14 Spiceworks reviews
Spiceworks review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="8962c19d-a15a-4ee6-bcd0-3fac5931f1e4">Brittany B.</span>
Brittany B.
" itemprop="name" />

"Spiceworks works great for our students and staff needs."

What do you like best?

Easy way to post about latest problems and concerns having with computer software for our students/staff.

What do you dislike?

Not being able to turn off email notifications. I get an excessive amount of emails a day from every single ticket put into the system. It would be helpful to only get email notifications for tickets that are assigned to me.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The system is not hard to navigate. Practice putting in tickets to prepare, doesn't take long to figure out.

We are working towards communicating effectively with the different departments in our University's Dental School. There is a large communication gap between the department I am with and other departments within our Dental School. We hope to improve this communication gap between the departments to ensure quality care for our patients and make it easier for our students to treat their patients.

Spiceworks review by David J.
David J.

"Spiceworks is by far the best free monitoring and inventory tool available."

What do you like best?

I love everything about Spiceworks. It's so easy to use and gives me tons of useful information about the devices on my network.

What do you dislike?

It is improving constantly, but the scanning speed is always an issue and that means the info on some devices isn't as current as I would prefer. I manually scan them and it updates, but I wish it would do a better job of monitoring itself and scanning devices more frequently when the info isn't current.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I love the product and recommend it to anyone that has to monitor network devices, computers, software, etc. This product also has a great help desk that ties to the inventory of the devices for ticket tracking. Very powerful tool, and it's Free!

I monitor hardware and software inventory, software licensing, device inventory, disk space usage, printer ink levels and many other things using Spiceworks. I have it send me reports reporting any issues so they can be resolved quickly.

What Network Monitoring solution do you use?

Spiceworks review by Patrick B.
Patrick B.

"Spiceworks Network Monitor- The easiest way to monitor your network"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to visualize the state of my network. At any time I can pop in to check dynamically assigned IP addresses, check the health of my network and fix any problems if they come up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the amount of resources required to run full network scans. We run this software on our applications server and sometimes I have to stop scans because they're eating up too many resources.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's completely free so there is no harm in trying it. It may not be the fastest, most powerful thing out there but it does a damn good job for a free product.

We use Spiceworks as a whole as our sole IT management platform. Network monitor is an easy attachment to this software suite. The best part is it's free so you can try it first and uninstall if you don't like it.

Spiceworks review by Erik H.
Erik H.

"Great Network monitoring"

What do you like best?

I like the way the system alerts me to significant issues that need immediate attention. For example, if my server doesn't have the latest update on antivirus patches. It even alerts me when a printer is getting low on toner. Plus it's FREE! (for a limited version)

What do you dislike?

I'm sure there will be something that I would like to see improved, but I haven't had it long enough to know what I dislike. I'm still learning what all it does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great free tool. Easy to use and very informative.

The biggest business problems that I have solved is having an insight into what is happening on my network. I have been able to alert our MSP that we need updates to security software that might have otherwise never been discovered.

Spiceworks review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great monitoring tool"

What do you like best?

The solution is extremely flexible for each monitored device, by operating system. It allows independent thresholds per system or device as well. This is a great up/down solution but also for more granular monitoring such as memory consumption, disk activity and more.

What do you dislike?

The software does not reconcile down systems well. Our branch location links occasionally go down, and once the tool detects them as down, they do not come back up and must be deleted and re-added. The software can also eat up a bunch of disk space, so if it co-locates with another app, the drive can fill quickly if you don't keep on the logs or automate cleanup. The GUI can also be a little slow to load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The software is quick and easy to implement. It runs quick on a VM or a physical box. Its pretty light on resources but its logs can quickly fill up a drive if you don't stay on top of them or have a script to clean them up after a period of time. The software is agent less, so there is little to no impact on the monitored devices. It can even monitor SNMP traps from switches, printers, copiers and other devices.

it does a great job monitoring off-hours when we are not staffed. The monitoring is done on servers, switches, appliances both physical and virtual as well. The software is no-cost so there is no risk in giving it a try.

Spiceworks review by William D.
William D.

"Spiceworks hits a homerun with network monitor"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of setup if you already have a Spiceworks Helpdesk instance set up. The metrics available are great for a free tool.

What do you dislike?

The alert management could be a little more detailed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you use this in addition to the inventory and helpdesk features from Spiceworks.

We are getting a better insight on our network usage spikes as well as monitoring for downtime and resource load.

Spiceworks review by Benjamin S.
Benjamin S.

"Spiceworks Network Monitor - Free and Improving!"

What do you like best?

The Network Monitor is a real-time monitor brought to you buy the cool kids over at SpiceWorks. The app is great, constantly being updated and revised, and the team behind it is open to suggestions, open with their betas, and responsible for support. End state is a functional and improving product designed for ease of use and implementation.

What do you dislike?

In the early days, the Network Monitor was a bit rough around the edges. That is no longer the case. It is, however, for simple monitoring, not collection or logging - don't make that mistake!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Engage the good works at SpiceWorks, they love to help!

Network Monitor provides a great at-a-glance view of critical systems - network or server - on a single pane of glass.

Spiceworks review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"Easy to use network monitor"

What do you like best?

Great dashboard view. Easy to see important performance metrics for each server. Nice addition to have up checkers as well for simpler applications.

What do you dislike?

Email spam is crazy. I had to turn up the thresholds for emails warnings because I was inundated. As far as I can see, only 10 servers max which isn't enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Rank servers by priority and start with the most essential due to limited slots.

Easy view on one screen of everything I need to know. Much faster identification of network issues.

Spiceworks review by Pam H.
Pam H.

"Spiceworks lets me know what's going on with my systems"

What do you like best?

Love the notifications regarding new software or hardware being installed on my network.

What do you dislike?

I really have no complaints about this program.

I don't have to log onto individual computer to see what's going on. I just open Spiceworks and check it all out.

Spiceworks review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"Handy tool for keeping on top of your network"

What do you like best?

Once you set it up on a computer, it runs by itself and sends you alerts only when there is a problem.

What do you dislike?

Someones it can over report on issues and send you way too many emails, so it can become like the boy who cried wolf. You need to fine tune the alert settings.

It is helping me be more aware of issues happening on my network, so i can fix them before they become a giant problem or cause downtime.

Spiceworks review by User in Government Administration
User in Government Administration

"Works well, but a little sluggish at times"

What do you like best?

Spiceworks is a great tool to scan all devices on your network and get information on them. It can easily find information on network devices (switches, printers) and Windows computers fairly easily.

What do you dislike?

It has a bit of trouble scanning alternate OS devices, like Macs or some Linux distros. The site is also pretty sluggish -- it can lag significantly sometimes, though in all fairness the devs have made remarkable improvements since the early days of the software.

This helps us track down rogue devices on our network, and helps with device inventory.

Spiceworks review by Agency in Health, Wellness and Fitness
Agency in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Basics but Works great"

What do you like best?

Ability to monitor servers and switches with using any agent to be installed on each one. If you want to monitor your servers and switches at the basic level, that would the job. And the best thing I like about it, it is completely free.

What do you dislike?

Would love to see more improvement with switches and would love to see more detail and ability to check hardware.

Monitoring all our servers and switches instead checking manually one by one. It saves us big time.

Spiceworks review by Administrator in Building Materials
Administrator in Building Materials

"Excellent"

What do you like best?

Perfect for a growing network. I have it set up to monitor a number of servers. If one of them loses network connectivity I know!

What do you dislike?

There are really no downsides other and it takes up a bit more CPU usage than I would like.

It notifies key personnel that the service is down before the users know.

Spiceworks review by Administrator

"Hunter Thief Network Service and Bandwith"

What do you like best?

this is the best tools for network monitoring, it's free and pay. the monitoring is in realtime with agents and access, monitoring vmware machines, printers and much more devices.

What do you dislike?

i don't have any dislikes, but spiceworks send all information to the cloud can be insecure

Recommendations to others considering the product

the best and easy network monitor with access from cloud services.

Spiceworks helped me get to know my network devices and organize my infrastructure

Learning about Spiceworks Network Monitor?

* We monitor all Spiceworks Network Monitor reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.