SpiraTeam

Learning about SpiraTeam?

SpiraTeam Reviews

Ask SpiraTeam a Question
Showing 18 SpiraTeam reviews
SpiraTeam review by Amy B.
Amy B.

"User Acceptance Testing made Easy"

What do you like best?

It is easy to manage, track, assign, and update test cases using Spira. Being able to collaborate with IT directly using the same system and being able to manage the test cases and incidents that we submit.

What do you dislike?

The template that is used to bulk upload test cases into Spira is very convoluted. However, that might be our company vs. Spira itself. The reporting isn't always the easiest thing to customize.

We are performing several system migrations throughout the year and Spira has helped us to collaborate more easily between IT and the business on bug fixes, one-off problems, Release, and UAT. We have found faster acknowledgement of our issues and faster turnaround times on resolutions because we are all working out of the same system. We can run reports to see what incidents we have open and in various different statuses. We are able to quickly see and search for test cases and incidents from the main page. The dashboards are very helpful for the executives to get a quick glance into what is occurring with the migrations.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SpiraTeam
SpiraTeam review by Mayar A.
Mayar A.

"The most complete Requirements/Test Case/Test Execution management Tool available"

What do you like best?

With more than 10 years in Test Management, I always wanted a tool that managed the following 3 areas of the process: Requirements Management, Test Case (with traceability), and Test Results Reporting. I have used many different Tools which over the years. I found that the Tools that manage requirements well often have too much overhead, and struggle to seamlessly manage Test Cases. Other Tools manage Test Cases well, but struggle to manage requirements in a seamless way. Finally, the test reports produced by most Tools are hard to customize to our needs

SPIRA team is the only tool I have used which handes Requirements, Test Cases, and Test reporting is an excellent manner. Being web-based, the navigation between requirements/test is natural and seemless. SPIRA offers many fields to qualify/group requirements/test cases into releases, functionalities, etc, in a very flexible way. Additionally, SPIRA allows the user to group test cases, and test sets, which comes in very handly when managing final release testing. The user interface is very well thought out and organized, allowing natural and logical tracking of releases/requirements and corresponding results. Finally, with Excel Import and Export capabilities, as well as SOAP API, SPIRA has all the Tools required to truly be a central tool in any organizations complex development process.

What do you dislike?

SPIRA team is a very extensive web-based tool, providing superb database management of requirements/test cases/test results. Being accustomed to instant responses, SPIRA may appear slow at times. However, this may be solved by enhancing IT server resources if it becomes an serious issue. In general, we have not considered the slower response of SPIRA to be a problem.

SPIRA Team also allows Test Cases to have child/parent relationships by indenting/outdenting tests in the list. However, this can be choppy/faulty at times when there are many levels of test cases.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a user, I don't know about the IT setup requirements. However, I can say that has the ability to be the central piece of the requirements management puzzle. If your team has other Tools it is also using (requirements Tools, bug tracking, etc...) , then you should get key players from your team to evaluate which areas should use SPIRA, and what to keep with other Tools. For example, SPIRA does have task and bug tracking, but we use another tool for Agile task tracking. Our bug management is connected with our Agile task tracking software, so we don't use SPIRA bug tracking. This may be different for you.

At Averna, we were looking for a tool to help us manage Requirements and Test Cases, with the full Spectrum of Traceability and progress tracking features. This was required to R&D teams organize and collaboration better, guide QA teams on Test Coverage, and allow management to track development progress. SPIRA team has succeeded in helping our teams work better together, and has satisfied the above needs better than any other tool I have seen in my experience.

What ALM Suites solution do you use?

SpiraTeam review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Ideal Tool for any IT Project"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and understand. Teams are quickly and easily trained to use the tool effectively. The transparency of each element of the tool and their inter-relationships is highly valuable from a management and communications perspective. It readily integrates with other tools being used and has appropriate export features to support existing communications processes. It's reporting features support daily (or current) updates for the wider audience and the ability to drill-down from one element to another ensures accuracy and improves comprehension across disciplines and teams.

What do you dislike?

Reporting could be better and I'd like to see direct interfaces to SharePoint for publication. A Team Web Interface would be great for communicating with the wider audience who may not have direct access to the tool. I dislike the fact that reports/exports refer to Custom fields without using the labels they've been allocated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial it. Use it. Buy it!

Audit, control, measurement and progress were a significant problem when I introduced the tool to the organisation. Within 2 weeks, there was increased communication of issues, workloads, timeframes and defects. The ability to demonstrate coverage and to trace to requirements had not been used before and it was very apparent that there had been limited testing to date. Inevitably, the Team found defects in areas which would otherwise have not been tested under the previous method. The quality of our product, and, consequently, the service to our clients, has improved measurably.

SpiraTeam review by Administrator in Paper & Forest Products
Administrator in Paper & Forest Products

"Great product for Project Lifecycle Management"

What do you like best?

The GUI layout of the application makes it quick and easy to learn. The hierarchy views are preferable in my opinion to products that require you to build queries to view the work.

What do you dislike?

There are some small bugs and sometimes clunky features that can be annoying when you work in the application all day.

We needed a test case management tool, bug tracker as well as a repository for requirements. Having the ability to link the tests to their requirements made traceability a breeze.

SpiraTeam review by Liberal R.
Liberal R.

"Spira Team in Health Systems in Cordoba City - Republic Argentina"

What do you like best?

I used other products like MS TFS, (HP /QC and QTP) and Rational iBM Suite, very expensive, for big projects and big companies, with poor customer's support.

But SpiraTeam iis the best for small teams, different metodologies and excellent customer's support

The integration with the other Inflectra products (Rapise Test, Spira Plan and Spira Test) is very full, the same with the Rapise Objects and scripts in Rapise Test for automated, allowing to develop automated test cases many technologies.

Rapise Test ,to developmento automated test cases in Dot Net web system and IIS, is very easy, fast, and acurate product.

On the execution of automated test cases, the scripts run very fast and providing full reports with pass of failed tests. The same for changes and maintenance of scripts

The best of the product is the dashboard and the reporting modules, for the full information provided

Spira team allows configurate all the projects and administrate its very easy and fast, from requirements, stakeholders, tasks, card time, with the inclusion of the aproppiate documents.

Moreover, allows to deverloper the testing plan (with manual and automate testing, with integration in Rapise Test), execution testing, incoming and management defects, bugs and incidents. The same in Tracing Module for releases, tasks and source code.

The integration with other Inflectra products (Rapise Test, Spira Plan and Spira Test) and other sotfware companies, is very full and easy to configurate.

The other Inflectra Products, I hadn't time to evaluate, but the documentation is good and they look very good

Spira Team and Rapise test are used in in Health Systems in Cordoba City - Republic Argentina-Evaluation of Inflectra Products

Spira Team is the best product ALM (comparing quality and price) that I know

What do you dislike?

At the moment, all is good in Spira Team.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is very complete product, cheap and easy to use, to configure and to manage.

In testing and QA, from 2010, We used other free and licensed softwares, but Inflectra products, for small teams, Agile development and ALM process, are best product that I know

The SpiraTeam is very well at the moment. The integration with the other Inflectra products is very full, the same with the Rapise Objects (Rapise Test) for test development in many technologies

Spira Team, Spira Plan and Spira Test are complete, agil and fast software for any development methodologies. The best of the product is the dashboard and the reporting module.

The customer support is very good and very fast for all the questions that I do.

SpiraTeam review by Vanessa S.
Vanessa S.

"SpiraTeam is an affordable QA Management Tool with great customer service."

What do you like best?

The Customer Service is always quick and efficient to answers questions or issues, which have been few in the 4 years we have been on the product. They continue to develop new features and add to the base product, which is only helping it to grow and stay current with the latest development trends. I love that we have a turn-key solution hosted for us at an affordable price, something no other product we looked at could provide us for the money we had to spend.

What do you dislike?

I love that I am able to write custom queries to extract whatever data I need to get to, but the output of the data into a nice format I can turn over to upper-level management can be time-consuming.

We love being able to track resource time on tasks and incidents, but the Time Card feature is only a basic input page and needs some updating and feature options to enhance it's user-friendliness.

The user manual specifies the basics of using the product, but I would like to see a better Admin manual for setting up the product to accommodate multiple industries. We've figured it out for ourselves, with the help of Support, but I would love to have a manual I could reference which evolves as the industry does.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Trial the product and enter your data to get a feel for how to set-up the projects and configure your settings.

Out department provides Quality Assurance of the internally developed software, as well an externally acquired vendor software which is highly customized and integrated in a Healthcare environment. It's critical that these systems are tested together and that defects are identified and resolved prior to production implementation.

SpiraTeam review by Consultant in Telecommunications
Consultant in Telecommunications

"First time user of Spirateam"

What do you like best?

I like the concept of the custom report generator. It would work even better if it were possible to create custom reports without the need to have Administrator rights.

I like the custom fields. It would work even better if it were possible to change the ordering of the custom fields in the dialog screens.

What do you dislike?

Requirements is listed under "Planning". I could not find them at first use.

The non-standard custom report templates do not allow complex queries. I want to be able to execute SQL queries with joins, for example to list assosiations between requirements and test cases.

The custom reports do not allow to set the header and footer sections of MS Word reports. I cannot generate reports in the style that is prescribed by our company governance process.

The number of standard item types is too limited. I would like to be able to add explanatory text blocks to my requirements, so that I can generate complete reports in company style. Also, I want to be able to structure requirements in chapters, but without the chapter titles being requirements as well.

For a first draft of a requirements document, I want to be able to renumber the requirement IDs. For non-tech people, it is difficult to read documents that have non-contiguous numbering.

I want to be able to layer requirements, so that I can manage all requirements in a single project, but still be able to generate MRS, SRS, PRS, HRS, SWRS, etc. documents.

I want to be able to store and re-use "company-standard" requirements. That way I only need to specify deviations when I have a new project.

The two views on the requirements list are cumbersome to work with Why not combine them into a single view, like JAMA Contour does?

We are starting to use Spirateam as a tool for requirements engineering and testing. We want to improve our development process by paying more attention to structured requirements management.

SpiraTeam review by Administrator in Computer Software

"All in one Application that helps growth and maturity"

What do you like best?

Basically everything, full traceability from requirement to results, great overview of whats done and needs to be done.

What do you dislike?

Nothing worth mentioning and if I have any issues the people at Inflectra are quick to respond with answers or fixes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it and buy it

Its hard to measure how much we’ve benefited from SpiraTeam its just something that gradually becomes an everyday thing for all those involved in testing, I personally enjoy looking at Active sessions to get a measurement. One thing for sure though it has really contributed big time to our maturity, the majority of my users are not testers by profession but they use our test cases for personal education, verification and acceptance testing.

Keep up the good work.

SpiraTeam review by Kamal B.
Kamal B.

"Spira is a good tool for Test and defect management but got few usability issues."

What do you like best?

The fact that its one stop shop for Test creation, execution and defect management.

What do you dislike?

a defect created, cannot be attached with more than one script. Due to this user do not get insight that what impact defect has on scripts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good tool for Test and Defect Management.

We user Spira here for test management, on various different type of projects. Also share Spira with clients to help log defects during UAT.

SpiraTeam review by Jean L.
Jean L.

"Spirateam review. "

What do you like best?

The system can be configured for our varying needs.

It doesn't force a process, it allows us to support whatever process we need.

Different projects can use different workflows.

What do you dislike?

The user interface is not as nice as other tools. Makes adoption a little bit more difficult.

Managing thousands of requirements and test cases.

Cutting manual traceability management.

Producing fda quality traceability in less effort.

Support for our specialized realization processes.

SpiraTeam review by Executive Sponsor in Internet
Executive Sponsor in Internet

"Solid Test Management Tool with extensive 3rd party integration features"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, intuitive GUI design, good use of colour, Integration with 3rd party plugins for automation and code management tools. Competitively priced - the features for the money are exceptional.

What do you dislike?

Some of the 3rd Party plugins are buggy and getting the support team to fix these issues can take a very long time due to the periods between upgrades. Reporting features in SpiraTeam are limited. Needs to solidify it's Agile features. Constantly compared to Jira which is viewed as having stronger Agile features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering SpiraTeam you need to do a full analysis of your requirements. So many organisations use what they have used before but fail to look at what they need from a test management tool. For us integration with 3rd party tools was important and the solid test management features. The requirements capture features are less so. Cost was also a major factor. SpiraTeam handles many concurrent users for us and it's very stable, we have very few outages each year.

SpiraTeam has enabled us to integrate with our automation frameworks. Better tracking of progress.

SpiraTeam review by Chaitanya A.
Chaitanya A.

"great experence"

What do you like best?

test coverage feature is the most used by me an my twam . its a nice featute..

What do you dislike?

the ui of the dashboard could have been better.

complete testing and release process for our software is handled by your product. it has been a great experience till now.

SpiraTeam review by Administrator in Retail
Administrator in Retail

"Spira Test"

What do you like best?

Provides most functionality relevant to Test Management, regular version updates providing enhanced functionality, licensing model is well priced.

Well supported by Inflectra, prompt responses to any queries/requests.

What do you dislike?

Improved UI would be beneficial though current version is acceptable. Reporting functions can be simplified and more user friendly

Recommendations to others considering the product

The Spira Test tool is a well rounded test management tool with a well priced licensing model in comparison to the big players in the market. The Spira test tool does provide all the basic functionality required for competent test management with regular updates made available where the existing functionality is improved and also new functionality introduced with new releases.

The tool is used for managing test artefacts relevant to continuous test initiatives on BAU and project software releases applicable to Retail, Online and ERP systems/applications

SpiraTeam review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Good tool but lacks a few necessities."

What do you like best?

It is good at linking test cases and requirements. Reporting can be useful if done correctly.

What do you dislike?

Cross project collaboration is not possible. I cannot map test cases/test sets from one project to another.

It can get very cluttered if no organization process implemented from beginning, both requirements and test cases/test sets.

Used for test case repository and set tracking.

SpiraTeam review by Administrator in Computer Software

"QA review of Spiratest"

What do you like best?

The defect tracking is pretty good and you can set up the workflow however you want.

What do you dislike?

The reporting tool was not that robust. The Test cases can be uploaded by excel or you can create within the tool. Creating and executing within the tool was not ideal and very cumbersome.

When creating a defecting the attachment tool is not always compatible with the browsers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The test case tool is hard to navigate and annoying. Not user friendly

Defects/enhancements of software.

SpiraTeam review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"SpiraTest Review"

What do you like best?

The system allows me to support the full SDLC as well as its ability to alter the configuration to suit the business and ease of use.

What do you dislike?

Requirements section is not as comprehensive (like incident section) to configure

Jira > Spira Integration etc

The introduction of the application to non techys is my greatest challenge but with the aid of printable test scripts this really supports the requirement.

The toolset gives full test tracibility

SpiraTeam review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Spira team review"

What do you like best?

Simple dashboard creation and defect list view

the excel plug in to upload scripts is also very useful and great to use once set up

What do you dislike?

speed of page refresh and load could be better

test management

SpiraTeam review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Good incident tracking"

What do you like best?

Easy to create incidents with workflow to manage.

What do you dislike?

There are not enough reports that are readable.

Tracking defects in software development t.

Learning about SpiraTeam?

* We monitor all SpiraTeam reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.