Splashtop Remote Support

4.7

Splashtop Remote Support is a VDI software tool that allows IT professionals to remotely access computers and assist users.

Work for Splashtop Remote Support?

Learning about Splashtop?

Splashtop Remote Support Reviews

Ask Splashtop a Question
Showing 13 Splashtop reviews
Splashtop review by Rajendra R.
Rajendra R.

"Splashtop best RemoteDesktop Application"

What do you like best?

Splashtop is one of the best security conscious program as it employs 256-bit encryption. Its file transfer speeds are also high compared to other remote desktop applications.It also provides Mobile to RemoteDesktop connection which itself is a neat feature.

What do you dislike?

Splashtop doesn't allow to group computer which is a major setback along with drag and drop feature for file transfer is also missing. Also the tool bar gets minimized and it gets lost during busy screen. Other than these rest all the features are nifty and neat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend splashtop to those who value seurity above all. In my opinion it has the best security protection. For people dealing with lot of confidential data can use splashtop since its secure and reliable.It also has mobile to remotedesktop feature which can come in handy while away from work computer and want to access it on the run.In all for me its the security and mobile to remotedesktop feature that takes the win and worth the price.

I use Splashtop mostly for transferring files since it transfers speeds are high. As my work incudes dealing with confidential data transferring them via splashtop is safe since it provides 256-bit encryption. Also many a time it has happened with me that my boss requires some file immediately but its in my work computer at the office so splashtop provides a handy mobile to remotedesktop feature to access my work computer from my mobile device and access those files and send to the boss. Furthermore my job also demands a lot of presentation work for meetings so we use splashtop among my colleagues to share and access the files among ourselves and our peers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Splashtop Remote Support
Splashtop review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"The best remote tool I've used"

What do you like best?

Splashtop easily enables you to grant access to specific machines for specific users. You can add users to groups, giving them access to a list of machines, or you can give them access to specific machines. It also has logging enabled, so you can easily see when users have been into remote machines. This is especially helpful for SOC and PCI.

What do you dislike?

Splashtop Streamer, the program that runs locally and allows remote access to the machine, occasionally crashes and doesn't recover, forcing a reboot of the local machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it is not the cheapest remote software out there, it is one of the most robust and easy to manage.

Splashtop makes solving problems from my desk a breeze. Sometimes I often go all day without leaving my desk to troubleshoot issues.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Splashtop review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Simple, no-hassle remote desktop utility."

What do you like best?

The time from cold to up-and-running is incredible. The client saves my host computer info, and all I need to do is click on the computer in the list, enter my password, and I'm linked. This has hugely simplified my workflow for the small handful of tasks for which I need software on another machine.

What do you dislike?

This was presented to me as a working-remotely solution, for which I find it to be inadequate. A VPN client is much more useful for situations where I just need to get on the server from home or a Starbucks or something. But for times when I need access to a piece of software that is machine-specific, Splashtop is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a good solution if what you need is remote access to your server. That said, if you need quick access to a machine you are not near, this works great!! I love not having to switch hardware in order to access info I have on another machine--perfect for my purposes.

I primarily work from my laptop, because I use a multiple monitor setup. There is only one piece of software that I absolutely must access via my desktop, and switching from one computer to the other was a pain. Splashtop allows me to quickly get online with my desktop, use the software, print, and get out. No muss, no fuss--what used to take a radical reconfiguration of my desk now takes a few clicks and a few minutes.

Splashtop review by Tracy S.
Tracy S.

"Must-Have for Teachers!!"

What do you like best?

This is the missing piece to me running my whole classroom from my phone. From anywhere in the room, I can advance slides, start and stop videos, access the internet, lock the screen, ALL without having to run across the room to my computer each time.

With this, you aren't chained to your desk! It's simple to use and worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

Having to type the password every time you use it, even after time-outs, is annoying, but it's not a deal breaker. Sometimes the screen makes it hard to manage, but that's if I'm trying to rush, and not paying attention to what I'm doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a phone with a decent sized screen. I have an iPhone 6s+, and I have to squint occasionally. However, once you're familiar with the commands and operation, the size of the screen becomes less of a consideration.

I hate having students sit at my desk to work the keyboard when we're having a class discussion, and with splashtop, I don't have to... I canCan be anywhere in the room and still do what I need to do on my machine. With confidential information in and on our desks, this removes potential problems by eliminating the need for running around the room so much.

Splashtop review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Splashtop is a great Remote App!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use Splashtop and access multiple mac computers with easy across the internet. Sometime I'll be at work and need a file from my home computer. I use Splashtop to login to my home computer and either email or dropbox the file needed to gain access to it at work.

What do you dislike?

Sometime I have trouble controlling the desktop that I log into. I really don't think its Splashtop, I think its usually my internet connection. The ability to see a dual monitor setup would be really nice too, but right now I am just able to switch between monitor 1 and monitor 2 on the computer I'm logged into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Splashtop is definitely something you should try out and see if it can do what you're looking for. I found that its a great app that I use quite frequently!

Being able to control a computer from a distance is a wonderful thing, especially when you are trying to troubleshoot something. Splashtop makes it easy to take control of a computer at a distance (with the owners permission of course) to troubleshoot or just assist the user on the other end.

Splashtop review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Excellent for Remote Support"

What do you like best?

This is a software app that we all have on our work computers. While I am not fully versed in this app other than just being a customer of the support I need when I need it, I find that it is user friendly and simple to set up. It makes life a little easier when your half way around the world and your computer did something stupid or there is an error some where and you have no idea how to fix it. Our support is available to us 24/7 whether we are at home or at work or traveling alot for work as well. You call the 800 number, they put in a ticket, ask you to pull up your desktop with Splashtop, enter a code and in a few minutes, your remote support is ticking away at your computer trying to figure out what went wrong. Technology is amazing these days. I love the convenience of having the help if I need it, especially when I am traveling.

What do you dislike?

Like I said, I am just an end user and don't fully interact with the software. But as a customer, there have been a few glitches here and there with remote support not being able to connect. The boot time also seems to lag quite a bit sometimes.That's pretty much it. There really hasn't been any problems. I don't need it every day either though.

We use the remote support when we are at home, at work and when we are traveling for work. The benefits for me are the simple fact I have help whenever I need it, 24/7.

Splashtop review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Easy to use between IOS,Andriod with PC"

What do you like best?

very easy to use just it wants an email and after that I can easily access to my PC with Splashtop Streamer and I Can control my all PC with my iPod touch and iPhone and Xperia M2. and it is cheap and the Performance is better.

support mac,windows,android and chrome. Easy Deployment.and it is fast.

and i can use some software in my phone such us Photoshop,adobe illustrator.

What do you dislike?

in IOS its app is not free but in android it is free.sometimes crushes in ios keyboard is not good and doesn't have delete,f1,f2,f3,f4 and many more keyboard switch.

when lock phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good remote control and easy to use.and also recommend for Business

access to my PC when I am far from my house.

Splashtop review by Howard K.
Howard K.

"Splashtop is a simple and reliable remote desktop product."

What do you like best?

I like that Splashtop is simple to set-up and stays connected during each session.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not integrated into a video conferencing product.

Accessing computers remotely to print - even when using a phone or tablet.

Splashtop review by rosanna t.
rosanna t.

"Splashtop is an amazing tool for people who's businesses are primarily online"

What do you like best?

Splashtop is non-evasive. It is easy to use so that people don't get nervous about you accessing their computer with it.

What do you dislike?

Hard to pull it up on the computer once installed, easier to just go back to the page and redownload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use.

We are able to access others' computers to see what issues they are having. We have less evasive tech support now.

Splashtop review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Great price for the product!"

What do you like best?

Works perfectly when needing to work from home and log into my work computer.

What do you dislike?

Only one complaint is that the page refreshes frequently which sometimes loses my changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Discounted price for First Class services.

The ability to work from home is easier and I also have access

Splashtop review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Splashtop Remote needs some work but it is getting there for sure!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Super fast deployment. Excellent GUI

What do you dislike?

Lacking features. Streaming quality needs to be updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheap and easy solution for remote support. They are constantly updating.

Quick and easy way for us to connect and assist our users with issues they are experiencing on their machines.

Splashtop review by User

"Very useful for remote conferences"

What do you like best?

I like how easy to use it is as well as its straight forward installation. It has a very user friendly interface and the performance is quite fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I had a bit of delays on the image, but it could have been caused by the internet connection, not Splashtop itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they should give it a try, it is worth!

It is easier to share the screen when showing results to clients and colleagues. I like how easy it is to connect.

Splashtop review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Wonderful and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The ease of installation and simplicity of using the program.

What do you dislike?

It has limitations of how many people can access the computer at once.

We use it to view X-rays while at our remote office.

Learning about Splashtop Remote Support?

* We monitor all Splashtop Remote Support reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.