Splashtop Remote Support

4.8

Splashtop Remote Support is a VDI software tool that allows IT professionals to remotely access computers and assist users.

Work for Splashtop Remote Support?

Learning about Splashtop?

Splashtop Remote Support Reviews

Ask Splashtop a Question
Showing 22 Splashtop reviews
Splashtop review by Dave C.
Dave C.

"The best remote access program by far"

What do you like best?

Simplicity of use and fair pricing structure along with the ability to remote into any PC using SOS Splashtop. The added file transfer feature between machines is much more stable and completes the tools required to give full remote support to any user on the local LAN local or geographically remote.

Also remote sessions can even be controlled off a tablet or phone (iPhone or Android) which can be a life saver when a PC is not available even when the remote client has multiple screens.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike about the product as it covers all hardware platforms on Windows PC's, Apple PC/s and tablets as well as all phones. In short it is completely platform independent

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.

All our PC's used to be controlled using conventional RDP clients for remote access. Unfortunately setting up a remote RDP session means that the remote client gets logged off the machine. With Splashtop you get to see exactly what the end user wants you to see which makes remote support a breeze.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Splashtop Remote Support
Splashtop review by Ben U.
Ben U.

"Splashtop Continues to add Value year after year"

What do you like best?

The absolute best thing about Splashtop is that I can access my clients computers from any device and it's not an added charge. That is so important to my travel schedule.

What do you dislike?

I still have this issue from time to time of when I want to enter info into a webform that the stuff you type starts off in its own area and it doesn't fill in until you hit enter. But when you hit enter sometimes the web form thinks that means you have finished entering in all the fields.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While they do continue to add more bells and whistles they have also changed what new accounts get for their money and prices have gone up. It is still affordable and once you have a plan they won't force you to change the plan. I recently upgraded to a more expensive account and I have been very happy with all the improvements. Just wish they hadn't abandoned the linux version.

I have clients that are located literally thousands of miles away from where I live. I am able to keep them as clients because I can quickly solve their issues due to splashtop. I also started to use their premium product to help better monitor the clients' computers.

What Remote Support solution do you use?

Splashtop review by Jeremiah M.
Jeremiah M.

"Great product that does everything you need"

What do you like best?

The interface is really easy to use. It is also amazingly easy to setup for different types of user. I use the software to access client computers but can also give them access to their own computers. This is a great add-on as they don't have to purchase their own product.

What do you dislike?

They have come out with some really great new features but my subscription has grandfathered pricing so if I go to the next level I will pay more and I like the current pricing and it does everything I really need it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that you try it out and work with the different deployment methods and setups. That is the only real challenge that I found in the setup.

Clients need help with their accounting software and don't always describe what they are actually doing or trying to do so I can see what they are talking about and fix it for them. It has so many great benefits.

Splashtop review by Rajendra R.
Rajendra R.

"Splashtop best RemoteDesktop Application"

What do you like best?

Splashtop is one of the best security conscious program as it employs 256-bit encryption. Its file transfer speeds are also high compared to other remote desktop applications.It also provides Mobile to RemoteDesktop connection which itself is a neat feature.

What do you dislike?

Splashtop doesn't allow to group computer which is a major setback along with drag and drop feature for file transfer is also missing. Also the tool bar gets minimized and it gets lost during busy screen. Other than these rest all the features are nifty and neat.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend splashtop to those who value seurity above all. In my opinion it has the best security protection. For people dealing with lot of confidential data can use splashtop since its secure and reliable.It also has mobile to remotedesktop feature which can come in handy while away from work computer and want to access it on the run.In all for me its the security and mobile to remotedesktop feature that takes the win and worth the price.

I use Splashtop mostly for transferring files since it transfers speeds are high. As my work incudes dealing with confidential data transferring them via splashtop is safe since it provides 256-bit encryption. Also many a time it has happened with me that my boss requires some file immediately but its in my work computer at the office so splashtop provides a handy mobile to remotedesktop feature to access my work computer from my mobile device and access those files and send to the boss. Furthermore my job also demands a lot of presentation work for meetings so we use splashtop among my colleagues to share and access the files among ourselves and our peers.

Splashtop review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"The best remote tool I've used"

What do you like best?

Splashtop easily enables you to grant access to specific machines for specific users. You can add users to groups, giving them access to a list of machines, or you can give them access to specific machines. It also has logging enabled, so you can easily see when users have been into remote machines. This is especially helpful for SOC and PCI.

What do you dislike?

Splashtop Streamer, the program that runs locally and allows remote access to the machine, occasionally crashes and doesn't recover, forcing a reboot of the local machine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it is not the cheapest remote software out there, it is one of the most robust and easy to manage.

Splashtop makes solving problems from my desk a breeze. Sometimes I often go all day without leaving my desk to troubleshoot issues.

Splashtop review by Joshua D.
Joshua D.

"Simple, no-hassle remote desktop utility."

What do you like best?

The time from cold to up-and-running is incredible. The client saves my host computer info, and all I need to do is click on the computer in the list, enter my password, and I'm linked. This has hugely simplified my workflow for the small handful of tasks for which I need software on another machine.

What do you dislike?

This was presented to me as a working-remotely solution, for which I find it to be inadequate. A VPN client is much more useful for situations where I just need to get on the server from home or a Starbucks or something. But for times when I need access to a piece of software that is machine-specific, Splashtop is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is not a good solution if what you need is remote access to your server. That said, if you need quick access to a machine you are not near, this works great!! I love not having to switch hardware in order to access info I have on another machine--perfect for my purposes.

I primarily work from my laptop, because I use a multiple monitor setup. There is only one piece of software that I absolutely must access via my desktop, and switching from one computer to the other was a pain. Splashtop allows me to quickly get online with my desktop, use the software, print, and get out. No muss, no fuss--what used to take a radical reconfiguration of my desk now takes a few clicks and a few minutes.

Splashtop review by Randy H.
Randy H.

"Best in Class"

What do you like best?

This is very user-friendly software. As such it's easy to forget that it is also really very serious business software. It has a terrific screen showing you all of the remote machines you have deployed and which ones are active so you can logon at any time. My clients have no problem installing it from the link I send them. To top it off its less money than its competitors.

What do you dislike?

Did not have drag and drop file transfer, though I'm told they have remedied this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you give it a try you will not look back.

We support our manufacturing software installed in about 50 clients around the world. Slashdot has simply made our support efforts easier since we switched.

Splashtop review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"Splashtop for the win!"

What do you like best?

I have tried all the competitors but nothing compares to Splashtop for ease of use, features and speed to access all of our company's computers from anywhere in the world. It has become a daily tool that is indispensable!

What do you dislike?

Honestly there is little to dislike about Splashtop. It just works.

For a reasonable cost, we have a dashboard with secure access to all company computers from any mobile device - we use the iPhone, iPad and Mac/PC app daily with zero issues.

Splashtop review by Tracy S.
Tracy S.

"Must-Have for Teachers!!"

What do you like best?

This is the missing piece to me running my whole classroom from my phone. From anywhere in the room, I can advance slides, start and stop videos, access the internet, lock the screen, ALL without having to run across the room to my computer each time.

With this, you aren't chained to your desk! It's simple to use and worth every penny.

What do you dislike?

Having to type the password every time you use it, even after time-outs, is annoying, but it's not a deal breaker. Sometimes the screen makes it hard to manage, but that's if I'm trying to rush, and not paying attention to what I'm doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a phone with a decent sized screen. I have an iPhone 6s+, and I have to squint occasionally. However, once you're familiar with the commands and operation, the size of the screen becomes less of a consideration.

I hate having students sit at my desk to work the keyboard when we're having a class discussion, and with splashtop, I don't have to... I canCan be anywhere in the room and still do what I need to do on my machine. With confidential information in and on our desks, this removes potential problems by eliminating the need for running around the room so much.

Splashtop review by Don F.
Don F.

"Splashtop is top notch!"

What do you like best?

Performance, reliability, pricing, and support are all great.

What do you dislike?

Not much to say here. There's always room for improvement, but nothing that significantly interferes with this being a great product/service so far!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We are in the process of providing feedback directly to Splashtop.

Unattended access to client machines (Splashtop Business), and ability to do ad-hoc support for new clients or machines where installing Splashtop Business hasn't happened yet.

Splashtop review by Adam C.
Adam C.

"Splashtop versus LogMeIn"

What do you like best?

The overall experience, from connectivity to file transfer to the alerts and remote printing.

What do you dislike?

How long it takes for devices to come back online after a power failure or network router reboot. In some cases, it takes up to an hour. This is one thing that LogMeIn still has over Splashtop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pull the trigger and buy it.

All my clients are long distance and I require 100% remote connectivity.

Splashtop review by Mike G.
Mike G.

"Splashtop is a great Remote App!"

What do you like best?

I like the ability to use Splashtop and access multiple mac computers with easy across the internet. Sometime I'll be at work and need a file from my home computer. I use Splashtop to login to my home computer and either email or dropbox the file needed to gain access to it at work.

What do you dislike?

Sometime I have trouble controlling the desktop that I log into. I really don't think its Splashtop, I think its usually my internet connection. The ability to see a dual monitor setup would be really nice too, but right now I am just able to switch between monitor 1 and monitor 2 on the computer I'm logged into.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Splashtop is definitely something you should try out and see if it can do what you're looking for. I found that its a great app that I use quite frequently!

Being able to control a computer from a distance is a wonderful thing, especially when you are trying to troubleshoot something. Splashtop makes it easy to take control of a computer at a distance (with the owners permission of course) to troubleshoot or just assist the user on the other end.

Splashtop review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Excellent for Remote Support"

What do you like best?

This is a software app that we all have on our work computers. While I am not fully versed in this app other than just being a customer of the support I need when I need it, I find that it is user friendly and simple to set up. It makes life a little easier when your half way around the world and your computer did something stupid or there is an error some where and you have no idea how to fix it. Our support is available to us 24/7 whether we are at home or at work or traveling alot for work as well. You call the 800 number, they put in a ticket, ask you to pull up your desktop with Splashtop, enter a code and in a few minutes, your remote support is ticking away at your computer trying to figure out what went wrong. Technology is amazing these days. I love the convenience of having the help if I need it, especially when I am traveling.

What do you dislike?

Like I said, I am just an end user and don't fully interact with the software. But as a customer, there have been a few glitches here and there with remote support not being able to connect. The boot time also seems to lag quite a bit sometimes.That's pretty much it. There really hasn't been any problems. I don't need it every day either though.

We use the remote support when we are at home, at work and when we are traveling for work. The benefits for me are the simple fact I have help whenever I need it, 24/7.

Splashtop review by Leonard J B.
Leonard J B.

"Great value for remote access"

What do you like best?

Our plan includes more users at a much lower annual expense compared to our previous product. We utilized the trial period to test everything and SplashTop did not disappoint. Easy access and fast connection speed.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far. It works as advertised at the right price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take advantage of the free trial period and try it.

It allows our team members to access protected business software remotely and works great from mobile devices. This quickly solves issues before they become problems.

Splashtop review by User in Civil Engineering
User in Civil Engineering

"Easy to use between IOS,Andriod with PC"

What do you like best?

very easy to use just it wants an email and after that I can easily access to my PC with Splashtop Streamer and I Can control my all PC with my iPod touch and iPhone and Xperia M2. and it is cheap and the Performance is better.

support mac,windows,android and chrome. Easy Deployment.and it is fast.

and i can use some software in my phone such us Photoshop,adobe illustrator.

What do you dislike?

in IOS its app is not free but in android it is free.sometimes crushes in ios keyboard is not good and doesn't have delete,f1,f2,f3,f4 and many more keyboard switch.

when lock phone

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good remote control and easy to use.and also recommend for Business

access to my PC when I am far from my house.

Splashtop review by Howard K.
Howard K.

"Splashtop is a simple and reliable remote desktop product."

What do you like best?

I like that Splashtop is simple to set-up and stays connected during each session.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not integrated into a video conferencing product.

Accessing computers remotely to print - even when using a phone or tablet.

Splashtop review by rosanna t.
rosanna t.

"Splashtop is an amazing tool for people who's businesses are primarily online"

What do you like best?

Splashtop is non-evasive. It is easy to use so that people don't get nervous about you accessing their computer with it.

What do you dislike?

Hard to pull it up on the computer once installed, easier to just go back to the page and redownload.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use.

We are able to access others' computers to see what issues they are having. We have less evasive tech support now.

Splashtop review by Adam M. C.
Adam M. C.

"The program works effeciently and effictively for my needs of multiple screens and printing at home"

What do you like best?

The ease of use is great & cost is in line.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything yet to dislike.

I am able to work later into the evening and I am able to have a family life and still work.

Splashtop review by Laura C.
Laura C.

"Great price for the product!"

What do you like best?

Works perfectly when needing to work from home and log into my work computer.

What do you dislike?

Only one complaint is that the page refreshes frequently which sometimes loses my changes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Discounted price for First Class services.

The ability to work from home is easier and I also have access

Splashtop review by Matt J.
Matt J.

"Splashtop Remote needs some work but it is getting there for sure!"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Super fast deployment. Excellent GUI

What do you dislike?

Lacking features. Streaming quality needs to be updated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Cheap and easy solution for remote support. They are constantly updating.

Quick and easy way for us to connect and assist our users with issues they are experiencing on their machines.

Splashtop review by User

"Very useful for remote conferences"

What do you like best?

I like how easy to use it is as well as its straight forward installation. It has a very user friendly interface and the performance is quite fast.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I had a bit of delays on the image, but it could have been caused by the internet connection, not Splashtop itself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think they should give it a try, it is worth!

It is easier to share the screen when showing results to clients and colleagues. I like how easy it is to connect.

Splashtop review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Wonderful and easy to use!"

What do you like best?

The ease of installation and simplicity of using the program.

What do you dislike?

It has limitations of how many people can access the computer at once.

We use it to view X-rays while at our remote office.

Learning about Splashtop Remote Support?

* We monitor all Splashtop Remote Support reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.