Splunk Light

Splunk Light gives you the ability to proactively analyze IT issues and take immediate action without having to manually gather, organize and sift through gigabytes of log data

Work for Splunk Light?
Signalfx appliperfmon  2x

Learning about Splunk Light?

Splunk Light Reviews

Showing 14 Splunk Light reviews
Splunk Light review by <span>Alexis M.</span>
Alexis M.

Visualize the conceptual in your data

What do you like best?

The difference in how computers and humans see things has created many problems to solve throughout our technological evolutions. Splunk is one of those tools that created many aha moments in how myself and my company help our clients to find the most interesting and pivotal parts of their data. Through dashboard and data visualizations I've managed to easily see insights that were purely conceptual before.

What do you dislike?

To really unleash the power of the software you need someone who is experienced in dashboard creation and who understands your business use case. The data search tool and options can be a little overwhelming on first exposure.

I've managed to create trigger alerts for problems that would have been easily overlooked before. With that knowledge, I could solve business problems that might have taken months to notice and uncover.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Splunk Light
Splunk Light review by <span>Matt M.</span>
Matt M.

Alerts let me take vacations.

What do you like best?

Alerting has been the most beneficial tool Splunk Light has to offer. I'm part of a small team; like everyone on a small team, i'm required to wear many hats to get the job done. By aggregating our critical logs to Splunk Light, I am able to quickly pinpoint the cause of an issue on our application or infrastructure. Without this I would need to connect to multiple servers and grep through multiple logs in the hopes of locating the cause of an issue.

With Splunk Light, when I pinpoint a problem I can create an alert for it. Giving me the change to identify and recover from potential problems before it amasses into a client-facing issue.

What do you dislike?

There are times where I'm wishing I had more control. If anything Splunk Light solves my current needs while convincing me that Splunk Enterprise would be a better fit. I need to be disciplined about the data I send to Splunk or I'll blow through our limits in a matter of minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is really easy to send in too much data. You'll need to choose your plan wisely or choose what data you send to Splunk Light wisely.

You could consider Splunk Light our NOC. It monitors our applications and severs, then alerts us when there is a problem. The only thing it can't do is fix the problems for us. Although, you could send an alert to a script that could then react to the alert as needed...

What Application Performance Monitoring (APM) solution do you use?

Splunk Light review by <span>Pooja G.</span>
Pooja G.

Be proactive than reactive with the help of Splunk Light.

What do you like best?

With splunk light, logs tend to be more structured, rather than just dumping random data into log files. Support for adding alerts, dashboards is exactly what we needed to make our product more reliable and highly available.

What do you dislike?

There is a limit on number of realtime queries i can have at one shot. Will be nice if there was no limit.

On a very high level, following are the use cases which Splunk has helped us with:

● Security and compliance

● Application delivery

● IT operations

Splunk has enabled the team to be more proactive than reactive. We have realtime alerts that go out, wrt system downtime, usability, security etc. Which enables us to build a reliable and highly available product, which is a delight for the customers to use.

Splunk light, has changed the way we think about logging. Splunk has become a verb in the team now. We literally say "lets Splunk it" (i-e lets log this information).

Splunk Light review by <span>Waleed A.</span>
Waleed A.

Best for real time and dynamic reports. Easy to search and index.

What do you like best?

It is the most rich solution available.

It has hundreds of features to format log data it could be business, security or infrastructure monitoring.

Splunk search and charting tools features are most amazing that you can't get anywhere else.

What do you dislike?

Splunk major cons is that you will need to install and configure a dedicated cluster. Which is not an easy task for developers. Another con is that it’s expensive. To support enterprise application you must have thousands of dollars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its scalability, performance and innovative way of collecting and presenting data is amazing.

Now for the users it be will be more easy and less expensive to acquire, index, and store data in greater volume.

Splunk also provide cloud computing connections.

We are using if for different applications Log monitoring service. Easy to search for required data and manage reports accordingly.

Splunk Light review by <span>Matt M.</span>
Matt M.

Time saving with logs

What do you like best?

We started to use Splunk Light to aggregate our windows server logs and syslog data into one interface. Splunk has made it quick and easy for us to search logs and find trends in log data that we didn't know even existed. It has also helped with troubleshooting as it allows us to see all the devices affected by an issue in one pane.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, it achieves all we intended for the product and we keep finding new ways to use it.

Primary it has returned at least 4hrs/week that was spent manually checking server and network equipment logs.

Splunk Light review by <span>Jaime L. R.</span>
Jaime L. R.

Splunk Light is very good

What do you like best?

I like best that the ability to summarize and visualize logs from apps

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it is not great for large numbers of users so it sets a ceiling on its usability

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good program especially for the free trial phase

I am solving the business issues associated with issues in IT that create large logs that should be better off summarized and visualized so that it can be seen and understood so that all the problems can be found and dealt with as soon as possible.

Learning about Splunk Light?

* We monitor all Splunk Light reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.