Splunk MINT

Monitor the usage and performance of your apps with Splunk.

Work for Splunk MINT?

Learning about Splunk MINT?

Splunk MINT Reviews

Showing 10 Splunk MINT reviews
Splunk MINT review by Deepak S.
Deepak S.

"Splunk MINT SDK helps you to keep track of your mobile apps. "

What do you like best?

The Splunk Mint app keeps you updated with an e-mail alert whenever a user encounters a problem. This creates awareness about what problems are faced by other users.

It not only provides you a detailed crash report which helps you in identifying exact problem and method of debugging to be used. It makes sure that the problem will not be encountered in the future.

It helps in monitoring of processes in user applications and identification of slow processes. This helps in identifying apps which negatively affect the output.

Quick debugging and updating makes the app reliable and stable.

What do you dislike?

One disadvantage of this app is that some of its features get crashed without being reported.

It mainly happens with those apps which require location based tracking of services. When these services get turned on apps crash without any notification.

Moreover, it takes time for the user to get friendly with the interface.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is highly recommended to use because of its excellent data encryption between user and server. Its user friendly and secured approach makes it a good choice to be used among its other counterparts.

I use this app for multiple business needs. Some of them are listed below:

Easy monitoring of processes and tracking of slow transactions.

Debugging can be done in testing phase before deployment to actual production. This saves time and effort.

It helps you to add events to your code and tracking them for any user activity on this app. Moreover, you can get detailed crash reports with exceptions.

Further, customized data and breadcrumbs can be added to crash reports or a code to tag events and actions included in those crash reports.

You can provide user identifiers to your code which helps you in examining crash data encountered by them.

You can also debug messages according to the type of platform you are using.e.g.android devices can give LogCat output and iOS devices can provide NSLog messages.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Splunk MINT
Splunk MINT review by kapil y.
kapil y.

"Splunk MINT helps to deliver best performing apps. "

What do you like best?

Splunk MINT gives a real time analysis of system performance which helps in effective decision making.

It not only generates unique user IDs but also keeps the data retention in real time by continuous tracking sessions, crashes, and screen tracking. It shows complete traces of stack for all the crashes. Also handles the exceptions which can affect my app and let me know if the problems are widespread or for a few users.

It provides event analysis for better understanding the user connections, behavior and their location. Network monitoring is flawless with an update about all the HTTP connections currently running and monitoring the transactions.

What do you dislike?

I believe there is always a scope of improvement in an app and same is the case with Splunk MINT. It needs improvement in crash reports as currently it doesn’t regroup all the duplicate crashes smoothly. Also the cloud console has too many features to look around and it takes some time to figure out what I need to use at that moment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended to be used as it can be integrated by just 1 line of code in your app and is really fast.

It helps me in getting insights about mobile intelligence for all the mobile apps which are released in production instance on various devices. Its SDK integrates into the mobile app by just writing a single line of code and is available for various platforms including Android & iOS.

The cloud based user console is pretty handy providing information for past 7 days related to crashes, performance and usage for every project.

What Mobile App Optimization solution do you use?

Splunk MINT review by Joel D.
Joel D.

"Very reliable and stable"

What do you like best?

I have been using this product for the past 3 years and I have to say that I am very satisfied with the services it provides as a means of logging crash reports from my Android apps to my email. As soon as a crash occurs I get a detailed report delivered to my inbox that easily allows me to debug the issue that took place and ensure that future versions of my app aren't presented with the same error and that for me is very important in maintaining a stable app platform for my users.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes, for a variety of reasons some crashes aren't reported so I would love if the team Splunk team would invesvtigate what could cause some crashes to not be reported so that other methods can be used to log them or investigate the said issue. Apart from that, all is well.

The main benefits I have realized are being able to quickly debug issues in my app and release updates which leads to my app being alot more stable and ensuring that I have greater user retention and such.

Splunk MINT review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Nice Graph and Crash Report Management"

What do you like best?

Best in class platform for app usage and performance management.

From many good things in it the summary information is best it includes most frequent exceptions, status and trends in failed requests, plus it allows me to track events and transactions as well.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything much about it, and i would recommend it but i had some problems in regrouping duplicate crash. i dont know if someone else had this problem too

Recommendations to others considering the product

Yes i would highly recommend it to use just because of the security and its encryption of data sent and received between user and server and because of its easy to use nature.

The main benefit of using splunk is that when any user gets any problem raised, it instantly sends an e-mail to let me know what users are having problems.

Splunk MINT review by Alexander R.
Alexander R.

"Relevant and reliable crash reports"

What do you like best?

I have used this app on all of my previous android devices. I love that the crash reports detail the specific problem and provides a method of debugging the issue, which also verifies that the problem won't happen again.

What do you dislike?

There are some apps that crash and don't get reported. It is mainly with social media apps that require location services. Whenever location services turn on, those apps crash or cause problems and MINT has not reported that so far.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Write reviews and report to the developers on the crash reports. These kind of applications require plenty of feedback.

Crash reports and debugging apps

Splunk MINT review by Henry P.
Henry P.

"Mobile Intelligence to improve the user experience. "

What do you like best?

The intelligence on the mobile device is what made me in love with MINT. To combines my mobile app data with other data in Splunk Enterprise to provide end-to-end visibility into mobile transactions so I can deliver better performing + more reliable mobile apps.

What do you dislike?

The MINT did crashed with few crash files. I have been trying everything I can to symbolicate these files to no avail. I think part of the problem may be that I appear to be missing a key data

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sure. I'd love to have more users trying out MINT

mHealth app

Splunk MINT review by Victor Manuel C.
Victor Manuel C.

"Splunk is very good"

What do you like best?

The installation is so simple, that I just need to add a gradle repository and then with just a few lines of code that are available in their documentation webpage I can star receiving error reports from my Android application. Something similar is for the iOS version.

What do you dislike?

I really do not dislake anything. It is very good and I recommend it for anyone!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this for crashing reports because it is very good and simple to use and implement. Do not look for another framework/tool to do this, just use it and start getting nice results.

I am solving the parking problem using the FleckParking application. The benefits of using splunk is that when any problem/uncatched exception raises, then I receive instantly a mail so I know that some users are having problems with my application.

Splunk MINT review by User in Computer & Network Security
User in Computer & Network Security

"Nice graph. Useless crash DB"

What do you like best?

Nice graph, "insight," / overview. Nice UI.

What do you dislike?

Search for crash only found in title, not in the full stack. Don't regroup duplicate crash well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You want "products level" graph to generate nice slides? That is for you. Great for auto-reinforcement.

You want a crash report tools with a useable database of crash you can search and count instance of crashes? Get something else.

Your need analytics? That's not the tool you are looking for.

Crash reporting from mobile app.

Analytics.

Email alert are useful. Analytics is useless.

Splunk MINT review by User in Writing and Editing
User in Writing and Editing

"Splunk is very useful but a little hard to navigate"

What do you like best?

Splunk MINT has been very useful for the company I work for, and is pretty easy to use once you've gotten your feet wet

What do you dislike?

Getting used to the interface took some time, and I occasionally still feel a little lost

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time exploring before you dive it, also be sure to check out their product tours

Mobile crash reporting to better improve mobile experience

Splunk MINT review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Excellent!"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use and helps me manage my monthly operations.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't offer more integrations with other venders.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it everyday without fail to keep all data confirmed and organized.

I can manage my money more effectively and efficiently.

Learning about Splunk MINT?

* We monitor all Splunk MINT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.