Spok

3.8

Spok provides a secure texting app for smartphones and tablets for hospitals and healthcare organizations that is HIPAA-compliant, improves the efficiency and quality of communication among your physicians, nurses, and staff, and helps set up your hospital to deliver safer, better care. Spok allows key hospital staff members to access private health information and conduct secure consultations from their personal mobile device.

Work for Spok?

Learning about Spok?

Spok Reviews

Showing 2 Spok reviews
Spok review by Samuel C.
Samuel C.

"Spok mobile for hospital paging"

What do you like best?

I like that I don't have to carry a physical pager, and that I can add different pagers to my account. I like that there are different ring tones you can choose for different pages. It is simple to use and it is reliable.

What do you dislike?

The software is slow and sometimes shuts down. It is annoying that I can't take a new pager via the app, I need to call the Hospital Operator to transfer a pager. I would appreciate it if I could text more easily via Spok, but you can't text someone with a ghost pager. I also dislike that every number is de-identified, and I can't automatically see who is paging me (and that person doesn't necessarily see who I am when I page them. It would be better if you could set up a profile so your contact information is automatically included with pages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend first changing the ringtone from the automatic one (there are many different options to choose from). This is the only mobile paging service that I have used and overall it is very effective. I would recommend it, as long as you don't mind that you often can't text and need to communicate with phone calls.

The problem is communication in the hospital. The benefits are that I can have a personal pager where I can always be reached, as well as take on other pagers temporarily to be reached for different purposes.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Spok
Spok review by Justin C.
Justin C.

"Secure text paging "

What do you like best?

Ability to receive pages to my phone and ability to text page others using my phones keyboard

What do you dislike?

Can’t tell if someone received my page or read it

Ability to discuss confidential patient information securely

What HIPAA Compliant Messaging solution do you use?

There are not enough reviews of Spok for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Lua Logo
Lua
3.3
Mobile messaging that's built for business: instant, secure, and keeps everyone accountable.
Qliq Secure Texting Logo
Qliq Secure Texting
4.7
QliqSOFT is THE Clinical Success Solution, with mobile apps for secure texting, clinical collaboration, on call scheduling, document scan and sign, and pager replacement. Our HIPAA compliant platform gives healthcare providers rapid and convenient ways to reach each other and exchange patient information and status.
MediMobile Messaging Logo
MediMobile Messaging
0 reviews
MediMobile Messaging software follows the e-PHI (electronic patient health information) security standards. Our data which is at rest is encrypted and our data which is in motion is communicated securely over TLS (transport layer security). MediMobile's datacenter adheres to SOC 2 Type II compliance and is examined and HITRUST certified. We have a 3rd party security firm auditing for HIPAA compliance. We require a BAA (business associate agreement).
HipLink Mobile Logo
HipLink Mobile
0 reviews
With HipLink Mobile, the User is connected real-time to the server with a live connection for highly reliable and fast messages. For those times when a User isn't logged in, either intentionally or without realizing it, HipLink will alert the User and give them the option to quickly login. In all cases, the sender will know the exact status of their messages, whether pending or delivered, and when they are read, along with any response, whether it is phone-to-phone or from the desktop to phone.
Evergreen Life Healthcare Messagin Logo
Evergreen Life Healthcare Messagin
0 reviews
Evergreen Life's Personal Health Record app brings all of your health information together, in the palm of your hand.
MatrixCare Secure Mobile Messaging Logo
MatrixCare Secure Mobile Messaging
0 reviews
MatrixCare Secure Mobile Messaging, powered by Cortext, provides a HIPAA-secure and encrypted text messaging solution for both iOS and Android devices, as well as a web portal and a native Windows desktop application which offers all of the functionality of the mobile app.
LuxSci Secure Chat Logo
LuxSci Secure Chat
0 reviews
LuxSci providing HIPAA-compliant email, secure email & web services.
pMD Secure Messaging Logo
pMD Secure Messaging
0 reviews
pMD Secure messaging app improves everything about your HIPAA-compliant texting with your colleagues. It's free, totally user-friendly, and lets you chat in real time about sensitive patient info even with colleagues who are part of different organizations.
miSecuremessages Logo
miSecuremessages
DocsInk Messenger Logo
DocsInk Messenger
0 reviews
DocsInk Messenger is the HIPAA Compliant Secure Messenger used by thousands of healthcare professionals every day and the only one your team will love.

Learning about Spok?

* We monitor all Spok reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.