web based collaboration/version control

springloops Reviews

Showing 2 springloops reviews
springloops review by <span>Mike T.</span>
Mike T.

Amazing hosted code and project management platform

Updated On
What do you like best?

Everything! I've been using Springloops for about 7 or 8 years now for managing development projects in 4 different companies and private work and it keeps getting better.

If I had to pick the feature I like best it's the deployment. I choose the branch I want to deploy, press the button and it's sent to my server. If there is a bug I can roll back just as easily.

AND... it's free. I have paid accounts for work but for private stuff where I only need 1 project at a time I can easily use use the free tier.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything major. Swapping projects from SVN to GIT is a bit of a pain but they can do that for you so no real grumbles.

Recommendations to others considering the product

use GIT not SVN

Managing and deploying source code online. Tracking bugs and feature requests.

There are a lot of hosted code repositories out there that will host your GIT or SVN repository for you. Springloops has 2 major advantages over the rest:

Firstly - It integrates deployment via FTP so you just add the server you want the code deployed once to then whenever you want to update the server choose the version and hit the button. You can have more than 1 server too so if you've got a test server you can get it to deploy new code as soon as it is pushed to the repository or if you have load balanced servers you can deploy to them all at the same time.

Secondly - It integrates tasks, time management and a Wiki into the same platform so you can keep everything together in the same place in a single project.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about springloops
springloops review by <span>Jared T.</span>
Jared T.

Nice option for version control hosting

What do you like best?

Has nice UX, a pleasant alternative to the more clinical Github and Bitbucket user interface

What do you dislike?

No mercurial hosting if that's what you are in to

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good option for web based subversion hosting, can be used for git as well

What Version Control Hosting solution do you use?

Learning about springloops?

* We monitor all springloops reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.