Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a leading social media management software that provides engagement, publishing, analytics and team collaboration tools.

Work for Sprout Social?

Learning about Sprout Social?

Sprout Social Reviews

Showing 787 Sprout Social reviews
Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sprout Social
Sprout Social review by MARIA B.
MARIA B.

"Good tool for Social Monitoring"

What do you like best?

In my work we use sprout to schedule social network posts in one place. One great thing we look for when we use software is the learning curve and customer service. Sprout gets an A + in both departments. The interface is beautiful, clean and easy to use. The drop-down menus are intuitive and you do not have to guess to get what you want to do. The reporting features are also excellent. You can export the reports and add your own brand if you want to send the reports to the client or include them in your own documentation. If you encounter a problem or have problems, your customer service is responsive and quick to obtain.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes uploading a photo attached to a post is a pain - it looks like it uploads but it doesn't, making you have to go back and re-upload. I think it was related to me using Safari - but still frustrating. Nonetheless, this software is still great and there are no deal breakers I can think of!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it, because apart from offering many advantages you can manage your social networks, your whole group since you can connect them creating a group.

The market is evolving thanks to Social Sprout, because it is good to help people who want to start measuring their campaigns on social networks, offering all the tools. It is a great tool for your publications so you can start acting on them.

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

Sprout Social review by JESUS ARMANDO B.
JESUS ARMANDO B.

"The most intuitive and useful social media management tool he used"

What do you like best?

I discovered Sprout Social through a Facebook ad. Before deciding to take the trial, I read some of the reviews here and in Capterra and my expectations skyrocketed and I became a little realistic to be honest. The prices made me fall because $ 99 per month seemed a little high given the characteristics. However, I had nothing to lose by trying it, so I decided to register for a trial. I have used / currently use Hootsuite, Buffer, Swift Social, Kontentino and many other social media administrators, so I had a lot to compare to Sprout Social. Sprout Social is easy to use, the design is quite simple and simple, the dashboard is a mix between Social pilot and Kontentino, as well as the features. My favorite features are the smart inbox and the Sprout queue. The social queue is similar to the automatic programming function of Hootsuite. The RSS function in the feeds tab is also very good, since I could connect it to my Feedly account. An important use of this is the publication through the RSS function, which I used to automatically tweet the blog posts of influential blogs in my niche. The resource library is also an amazing feature, as it is an excellent way to store images for future use. The discovery tab shows suggestions about accounts to follow and stop following, people who have talked and people who mentioned it in a publication. Sprout Social is a great social network administrator, however, it does not seem so superior to Hootsuite or Social Swift. Considering the cost, I expected more from him. That I know is pretty ridiculous. However, I will say that the "Reports" function offers a variety of important statistics, such as: Group reports, Twitter Profiles [To track the performance of the profile to determine the impact of Twitter content], Twitter comparison, listen of Twitter, Facebook page report, Facebook competitors, engagement reports, team reports, task performance, trends, Instagram profile analysis, LinkedIn page, tag report, Google Analytics and sent messages. For me, the unique feature of Sprout Social is its analytical function. No other SM administrator, except perhaps SMHack, has such a powerful and detailed social network analysis.

What do you dislike?

the price is quite high. There are other SM managers with more powerful features that could be a better substitute for Sprout Social. MavSocial has a better resource library feature, SMHack provides detailed analysis, Swift Social has a powerful RSS function, and Hootsuite is cheaper, has an automatic scheduling feature, as well as one of the most user-friendly SM administrators Due to the numerous online tutorials and it's built-in mini-tutorial.

Sprout Social combines all the tools I hope to find in the social media management software (later programming, advanced search / listen, analysis) in an easy-to-use control panel that makes daily administration as simple as possible. I helped present the tool to a team of approximately 100 people, and training others was easy, given the simple interface. My favorite feature is the Smart Inbox, which allows you to control every mention / retweet, etc. and take action or deepen the people who connected with you. I also appreciated the publication programming tool (especially the edition of embedded images and the tail of buds with automated programming) and the reports that facilitated the extraction of data and that quickly re-shared my most effective messages.

Sprout Social review by Samantha B.
Samantha B.

"Sprout Social Review"

What do you like best?

Makes posting to social media SOOO EASY!!! I love that I can schedule content to go out not just to Facebook and Twitter, but also Instagram and LinkedIn! My company has seen our interactions on LinkedIn skyrocket since we started using Sprout, thanks to the ease of sharing across all of our platforms! Plus I enjoy the fact that I can have multiple "groups" on my profile for all of our business accounts.

What do you dislike?

I think Sprout is really designed for someone who is a full-time social media manager and can dedicate time and energy to really exploring the full functions of the program. Sprout has a lot of impressive capabilities that I just don't have time to figure out as my job is only partially social media management.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is really designed for people who are full-time social media managers. It has some really incredible features that, unfortunately, I just don't have the time to dig into and learn about because only a fraction of my time at work is dedicated to social media. It's a robust, impressive product that I would highly recommend IF you have time to dedicate to using it to its full capabilities.

Rather than spending half a day calculating reach and engagement on each platform, I can quickly export and send monthly reports to our executive director or to anyone else who needs reports pulled. It makes scheduling across all platforms simple and incredibly quick.

Sprout Social review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Reliable social management tool."

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is a very reliable social media management tool. When I need to quickly distribute information across multiple channels, Sprout's the go-to. I also really like that Sprout has added Pinterest tracking, which can be daunting from the native analytics.

What do you dislike?

In April, Sprout lost functionality to comment and like Instagram posts that came up in the messages area. Support for Instagram is still less than stellar, which is unfortunate given the platform's popularity. The overall analytics could be less clunky. It seems unnecessarily cumbersome to select long-range dates of more than a few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a little pricier than other social media management platforms, but overall it's worth the extra cost. Few other managers are as easy to learn and use.

Sprout makes it easy to send out information across multiple platforms at once, and I really appreciate how easy it is to schedule future postings. Our agency was able to save lots of money by switching our social media management in-house, which is very important in our sector. Our agency is also very unique in that we have a very small staff and being able to utilize a tool like Sprout Social to quickly and efficiently disseminate information to our followers has saved us loads of time -- whether it was going back and forth with our ad agency to get our posts/branding/message right, or even just sharing the same photo across all our platforms. Sprout solved the time and money problem, and that's worth the cost alone.

Sprout Social review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Timely monitoring of all my notifications."

What do you like best?

I was allowed to keep track of my social networks before I did not review them as I should have spent days in which I did not have access to them, losing a series of notifications in which I could not give a timely response, with this application it is possible to check all my social networks In one single place.

What do you dislike?

I would like to offer more options for designing pages in this way to be more striking its use through selected colors and designs, but nothing that interferes with its use which is great, gives me the ease of receiving all notifications from my contacts in one place and at the same time be able to make comments or publish some information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended above all because it allows you to take all the networks in one place and can give a quick response to the different notifications received, it increases the response capacity to be able to make a comment and publish it in all at the same time saving time which for the various functions What I must do is valuable to render it as much as possible, being able to be carried on any type of equipment.

Since I use Sprout Social and I have seen my ability to respond to the level, since before I did not have the time to have all the networks open on the same computer, which limited its use as well as being able to keep track and be updated in terms of social networks is about, at the time of use will realize how attractive it is to use the correct use of our contacts.

Sprout Social review by Mariani F.
Mariani F.

"Reception and quick reading of all notifications and messages received in a single application."

What do you like best?

It has the facility of being able to receive in a single tray all the important notifications originated by my contacts among them the messages and comments sent, giving me the ease of interacting in my social networks in a single application, being able to see the movements or the people who have contacted can review and give a timely response without loss of time, I can send direct messages or send notifications to any contact.

What do you dislike?

This application is very useful to keep track of the different social networks we use I would like to make updates in your task panel or add other functions, within it as well as allowing more templates to customize the views and so I can move better through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows you to perform a good journey through its different functions, saves a lot of time in review one by one of the social networks that account for it is recommended this application for people who perhaps because of the amount of daily work fear that pass them some activity leaving forgotten some message that could be important, with this application it becomes easier the contro and reception of information coming from the diverse m, edios, allowing to realize commentaries and notifications in any moment from a single application being able to be published in all social networks at once.

Easy software for good management of social networks I really like the rapids in which I can respond to the notifications that I receive as well as private messages easily adapts to my fixed equipment as to my cell phone, maintaining a constant communication with my contacts from anywhere, has a technical support attentive to any concern that we may present through the use of the application.

Sprout Social review by Romel Jose R.
Romel Jose R.

"Access to notifications from my social networks without wasting time."

What do you like best?

This tool is perfectly applied to my computer offers the convenience of giving quick response to the notifications that I receive through my social networks, facebook, email, tweet, I can see in a summarized way the most relevant and the people of my counters who have made some movement or have contacted me being able to review and give a timely response without loss of time in the same way I can send direct messages or send notifications to any contact.

What do you dislike?

I would like to periodically make updates in your task panel or maybe add other applications within it as more templates or calculators also I would like to offer options to improve the view to receive more information every time I'm in it, making it easier the reading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows you to make a good navigation through your task panel very easy to understand where it facilitates quickly obtain all the notifications we have in the different social networks that we have applied to this software so avoid wasting time in opening each one of them, Gaining time to invest in other activities increasing our response capacity.

Is a very easy tool to manage my social networks I love that every time I have a problem I can interact via chat or through email support having a timely response to my requirements which gives a point in favor as I reduce the amount click to locate some information.

Sprout Social review by Monica M.
Monica M.

"Rocking with Sprout and it's Community"

What do you like best?

I love the tool, interface, the support I get and being part of the sprout community. The willingness for the staff to listen to my problems and find a solution. A true partnership.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to set up my video posting for Instagram and not just images. We do a lot of video marketing which I have to post manually as of right now. I would also like to see the Google Analytics reporting to be improved so that I don't have to log in to the client accounts to view reports that I have to send to my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This goes for any tool...test the product and make sure it's going to check off all the boxes for your business needs. If you want a social media management tool that has a community and support to go with it, Sprout is for you.

Getting all the information that I need to support what we are doing for our clients. SMM tools to facilitate posting so that I can set and go and be able to focus on other aspects of running the business.

Sprout Social review by Lauren G.
Lauren G.

"Social Media Specialist"

What do you like best?

Sprout is the easiest to use and most straight forward social media management platform I have used. And as a bonus, they have stellar customer service. The reports, scheduler and smart inbox are all easy to use and visually appealing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the lower-priced packages lack add-on features that would be desirable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Sprout Social with a very large team (50+ content contributors), with a smaller team (4 users) and also on my own as an independent contractor. There is a use-case and scale for every size and need.

As a small team, Sprout Social helps to save time. Reports are easy to generate and export and they look clean and professional enough to share with others outside of the social media team. This is incredibly helpful in cutting down workload. The smart inbox is also a great way to stay on top of incoming messages and industry trends without having to constantly seek information. Scheduling is quick and easy and Sprout's "optimal send time" feature eliminates the need to constantly plan and analyze scheduling.

Sprout Social review by Julia H.
Julia H.

"An almost complete suite of social media and analytics tools!"

What do you like best?

Sprout social provided our departmnt with the right set of tools to get the job done. Whether it was to schedule our posts, collaborate as a team or generate custom reports for our management.

Their customer support is spot on and quick to fix any issues we face, the also helped us onboard new members a few times and resolve some technical issues when connecting our accounts.

Was one of the first tool to supports Instagram scheduling!

What do you dislike?

While very robust, the tool lacks any listening capability, and for our crisis management and market research we had to subscribe to other paid tools who provided us with the needed insights into those new markets and social media analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout social is the right tool for you if you are a medium to large company looking to grow your business to the next level.

The cost is great and you will make it back in no time once you start utilizing all the advanced tools and features the platform provides. It felt like a natural step for our company to move to from Hootsuite.

Sprout social provided us with in depth insights and built relationships between our customers across all platforms, a feature that we held in great value as it allowed us to have deeper understanding of our customers personas.

Sprout Social review by Román Facundo E.
Román Facundo E.

"Best social media management & integrated analytics tool"

What do you like best?

Definitely, the smart inbox is Sprout Social's defining feature. It allows you to manage private messages, mentions, likes and every kind of interaction happening on your social media profiles timelines. The smart inbox is customizable and can be "splitted" into several different ones depending on your needs.

More: setup is so easy and intuitive you don't even have to read manuals or handbooks at all.

What do you dislike?

They haven't fully integrated the "deep listening" feature into the platform. Also, the Gravatar function (you need to use an external WordPress-based platform to create something as simple as your profile photo, which is annoying when you have large groups of community managers who don't want to create a Gravatar, etc.).

Another small thing I dislike is the fact that you have to upload images one at the time, when you attach them to tweets or posts you're sending through Sprout Social. It's a bit annoying when compared to its general user-friendly and easiness structure and functioning.

Last, the Search Content function only provides content in English, but it's a beta feature so I don't mind. Useful, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommended if you want to manage large social media communities and use social media as customer service channels.

Social media as CRM management.

Social media management.

Analytics integration (with Google Analytics).

Sprout Social review by Luisa F.
Luisa F.

"It's amazing everything that allows me to do."

What do you like best?

This is an application that has helped me a lot, the advantage that I have when using it is very good, since it allows me to interact in all my social networks at the same time, from the same application.

What do you dislike?

I do not see anything negative, only that sometimes the inbox of my mail is saturated with all the information that the application sends me, but I suppose it is normal, because it tries as much as possible to inform me by all means of the news that there is for me, although I would like not to receive so many messages in the mail, but strictly necessary.

It has helped me to be up to date on all my social networks, linkedin, twitter, Facebook, since by this application I can access all of them from the same place, allowing me to save time.

Sprout Social review by Jocelyn P.
Jocelyn P.

"4 Year Experience with Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is easy to use. We've stuck with it because it is very easy to draft posts across platforms and attach media files. It is easy to reply and view posts that mention our client directly from the interface.

What do you dislike?

It is VERY pricey for what you receive. They provided limited customer service and are totally unhelpful when there are issues with any of the integration issues for the platforms. We also had an issue with them overcharging us for a service they've discontinued. It is painful to get anything resolved and phone support is only available at a premium price. We are looking for a replacement because it seems like given the services we receive it just too expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social has changed a lot over the last 4 years. They used to be very focused on all their customers. It seems like they no longer pay attention to smaller clients even though we pay over $7,200 a year. We haven't seen a lot of improvements in our service. Most of the changes have been for very large teams that don't apply to our account.

We are digital marketing agency focused on the technology sector. B2B social media is very important. Sprout Social enables us to create dynamic posts across channels and monitor engagement with followers.

Sprout Social review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Solid tool for an affordable price"

What do you like best?

The smart inbox has been a gamechanger for our workflow. It's extremely valuable to have all our notifications, mentions, messages using VIP keywords all pulled into one simple feed. We feel confident we're addressing important issues and not missing any threats or opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky when it comes to content discovery. We supplement Sprout with Tweetdeck and a few other tools to help us find content that doesn't find it's way into our smart inbox because it doesn't mention our brand or hit one of our keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social may not have every bell and whistle you need in a social media management platform but they're extremely thoughtful in their approach to building out their tool. I've been using them for several years and they really take customer feedback to heart while also ensuring they're launching new features when they're ready. Unlike other tools I've used or demo'ed they don't just build something for the sake of being able to say they have it.

It's increased our ability to engage and reach more audience members than before. We're participating as an active member of our community vs just expecting them to engage with us or around us. It's also been a huge time saver when it comes to pulling analytics. We still do a lot of reporting manually but for things like Twitter/Instagram followers and other things the platforms do not include in their native downloads, having Sprout has been a HUGE way to save time.

Sprout Social review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Outsource social media marketing performance analysis to Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

I love the PDF reports that I can download and send to individual clients! I send monthly reports for each social media channel an individual client is on, and it only takes a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

Sprout Social algorithms seem to calculate data differently than that actual social media platforms so the numbers aren't apples to apples. I tested accuracy multiple times by comparing the same metric for the same time period and received different results. Also, sometimes variables such as engagement look WAY too high to be accurate and I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small marketing agency who works with other small businesses, Sprout Social is a great tool for tracking and reporting on their social media performance. It's been about a year since I compared, but when I was researching social media management software, Sprout Social offered the best mix of features and affordability. Previously I looked at Hootsuite, Buffer, Social Report,, Socialbakers, and Agora Pulse.

The PDF performance report by channel saves me a ton of time since I used to create them manually by downloading anyaltics data directly from Facebook, Twitter, etc. and then creating my own reports. My clients appreciate how quickly they receive the information, and the data informs social media strategy and content for the new month.

Sprout Social review by Nathan D.
Nathan D.

"Sprout Social for Reputation Management"

What do you like best?

I love that Sprout Social offers a mobile app with push notifications. When there are only 1-2 staff members covering social media response, it is invaluable to work/life balance. I am able to respond to social questions on the go, wherever I may be without the need of a laptop!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the Sprout Social platform. When I had an Android phone typically the app would auto-disable my inbox messages but that does not seem to be a problem on my new iPhone 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a catch-all for Social Media customer service and reputation. There are different levels of service you can purchase to meet your company's needs.

Sprout has helped us improve customer satisfaction and retention by being able to respond to customer's questions in real time. We are also able to free up time by scheduling our social media posts across multiple platforms in one easy to use tool.

Sprout Social review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"Sprout Works Well for Many Aspects of Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of assigning team members with tasks and scheduling content to multiple platforms. Reporting is also a great resource for quick insights and metrics. I really like pulling and exporting scheduled posts in an easy-to-see format. It's also fantastic for making quick work of editing photos and even comes with some standard filters, but i rarely use those as they don't tend to make photos looks any better.

What do you dislike?

Managing messages could be a little more intuitive and robust, if the look and feel could match closer to native. Wish we could post to IG without a mobile to do so, but that's an API issue with IG. I really want more flexible reports so I can add or remove data points. Really would like to monitor messages in columns and not a feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a great platform, it does come with a learning curve, so take the time to really dive in and go through some training so you can get the most out of it.

I'm managing, publishing, and monitoring multiple accounts and Sprout does really well with doing this. It's all about having almost everything under one roof.

Sprout Social review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

The "Smart Inbox" is the best thing about Sprout Social. You get an action item for each Instagram tag or comment, Twitter follows, comments and mentions, and comments on any Facebook post... even comments on ads you're running with a related ad account. The ability to save phrases and hashtags help you catch and respond to more mentions of your company.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling and publishing process for new posts can be frustrating and could be more user friendly. The Sprout Queue is a good automated publisher for content that doesn't need to be posted on a specific day or time, but the process of getting your content to the point where it's ready to be scheduled requires too many steps. The calendar functions for publishing would be great if it included a little more functionality, like drag and drop to reschedule, and categories for organizing content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best service I've come across for social media monitoring. It's not perfect but it's the most useful manager I've found.

Being one person managing many social feeds for a small company, Sprout Social saves me time not having to log in and out of different apps or sites. The tools are all in one place for getting our message out there.

Sprout Social review by Britny K.
Britny K.

"Great social scheduling service"

What do you like best?

I like that Sprout Social makes social media management, advocacy and analytics software for businesses easy. Sprout helps us communicate with customers on social channels, collaborate across teams and measure the effectiveness of their efforts on all social channels.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed with Sprout Social’s lack of integration. Sprout Social only supports Twitter, Facebook (profiles & pages), Google+ pages, Instagram & LinkedIn (profiles & pages). I also don't like the lack of ability of displaying streams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social will be the right tool for some businesses, and perhaps even you. The entry price (now the Deluxe plan) is $59/user/month, and that is going to be quite a leap for individuals and small businesses.

Sprout Social solves the following problems: Has an in built Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)

Monitoring (although not quite as comprehensive as Mention or the likes of Brandwatch)

Support for teams (drafts, calendar, tasks etc)

Support for multiple profiles, departments, and companies

Security and ability to set specific permission levels and roles

Analytics & Reports

Helpdesk facility (on Premium and above plans) to use social media for customer support

Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android

Integrates with Feedly (for your RSS feeds)

Sprout Social review by Janessa K.
Janessa K.

"Intuitive, easy to use, saves HOURS each week for social media marketers"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that my different accounts are separated by pages, yet they're all accessible on one dashboard/platform. Way easier to use that Facebook's Business Manager, where you have to switch from one account to another. By accessing everything from a single dashboard, I save a ton of time each week in replying to customer messages, reviewing notifications, etc. Not to mention, I miss far less notifications (compared to Facebook, where my notifications are separated by different management accounts).

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a more flexible pricing structure for small businesses/marketing firms. If you want to add more than one user, it becomes quite expensive. In addition, while the software as a whole is super intuitive, adding/deleting a profile surprisingly isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuitive, simple, and efficient. I'd recommend Sprout Social to both small and large businesses - marketing firms in particular. This software has allowed me to more efficiently manage my current customers, and frees up a significant amount of time, allowing me to sign up even more clients.

Their reporting feature has made it WAY easier for me to provide my clients with their page analytics. All of my clients are small business owners, and many are unfamiliar with social media. To be able to show them a simple report with basic statistics and graphics, has saved me hours each month on attempting to compile my own reports from Facebook. It helps my client retention, and makes my business as a whole look more professional & efficient.

Sprout Social review by Joseph H.
Joseph H.

"Solid Social Media Management Platform"

What do you like best?

The user interface is attractive, making it easy to use for the most part. Most of these all-in-one tools are like Swiss Army Knives, meaning they have a bunch of parts, but if you really need to cut something, the knife is pretty useless. I'd say most of the parts are very usable here. Reports are pretty, but I wish they were more customizable.

What do you dislike?

There are just some aspects of the UI that are strange. Managing the networks and people under each account doesn't feel intuitive to me in Sprout. We've had a few support issues with things not posting as expected. They never seem to have a plausible response to them, but luckily, they are rare occurrences compared to the error frequency we experience with Hootsuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trial.

Social Media Management. The tool has been a good solution to managing a number of different accounts in one location.

Sprout Social review by Nickolas R.
Nickolas R.

"Great Service to cut down time"

What do you like best?

All of your social profiles are in one place, automated reporting, white labelled reporting and Instagram functionality is amazing with Sprout Social.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are focused a lot towards Twitter and we cant add a lot of groups compared to the number of profiles

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product if you are a one-stop shop for all your profiles. Sprout will be able to give you metrics, schedule, report and export schedules with ease. Their auto-scheduler is a charm and listens to your profile and will post for certain periods of times which are busiest on your page.

We are solving a large number of issues with Sprout. Mostly scheduling across all pages. Instead of going through each page by page, you have one dashboard and can easily switch between pages. Another thing which sprout helps us with our reporting and also sending schedules in a nice presentable manor.

Sprout Social review by Tina W.
Tina W.

"Sprout Social Makes Social Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule social media posts, so I don't have to think about it. I like being able to look at my performance vs key competitors in the reporting section. I love seeing which hashtags are performing best. I like being notified in one place for all social media interactions. I love that you can queue posts to auto-fill content gaps. I love the calendar layout of the scheduled posts. I love that they have a mobile app that is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't duplicate a Facebook post to Instagram, so that I have something to start with, even though I know changes need to be made. I hate that I still have to actually post the scheduled post to Instagram vs having it automatically post it. (This is an Instagram limitation vs something wrong with Sprout.) I don't like that I can't geo tag or tag photos for Instagram. I don't like that all of my emojis don't show up in the desktop version of Sprout (again, likely has more to do with my OS than with Sprout). I don't like that I can't see my reporting in the phone app. I don't like that I can't like a comment from an instagram user in the Sprout platform. I can reply to an Instagram user, but I cannot like a comment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do really like all the message optimizers provided by Coschedule, but they seem a bit more difficult to use, and there price is a LOT higher.

It's very easy to manage multiple clients' social posting from one place. You can have people approve posts inside the calendar view in Sprout (approval processes), so it just makes it so much easier to manage than sending emails back and forth.

Sprout Social review by Marilyn G.
Marilyn G.

"a tool with many functions."

What do you like best?

It is a very easy way to interact in all my social networks, it is great to be able to make a comment and post it on Facebook, instagram, twiter at the same moment and see the comments of all of them in the same application.

What do you dislike?

I'm very pleased, nothing negative to reference, so far I've done very well with the application, it helps me save time, to stay active on all my social networks, I can make a publication and make it public on all my networks at the same time and see all your comments in one place, without having to open so many pages, all in one place, social sprout.

It helps me to be active in all my networks with a single application, it's very good.

Sprout Social review by Caroline J.
Caroline J.

"My own little personal assistant!"

What do you like best?

Sprout enables me to better deliver value to clients by saving TIME spent on gathering data for reporting. I used to gather data for reports manually, and I still am proud of the insights I learned during that process, but I learned that in order to increase revenue for my business, I had to find ways to save time in order to make more money. Sprout has enabled me to do both.

What do you dislike?

I wish the price to add additional users to my account was significantly more affordable for a small business owner. $99/month is great for me at this point to be able to use the services, but it only includes one login/membership. This monthly fee is pocket change to larger, enterprise operations, but it is too cost prohibitive for me to add ANOTHER $99/month to utilize the team workflow features. I feel like I don't have a chance to full take advantage of the platform's services and offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Better time management for an individual business owner, managing multiple accounts for multiple clients. Better insights to data, especially competitor tracking. I don't have to do this manually anymore!

Sprout Social review by Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

"The best social media marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I love their publishing tools and the ability to have a content calendar and scheduling system all in one. I also love the ease of reporting and the nice looking, easy to create reports I am able to share with my team. I like the visual format and find it very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to pay a lot more/month to add team members. It would be so helpful if I could have even one additional person on the program to assign tasks to (which is a great feature) so we aren't overlapping work and communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you feel it is an additional cost to your organization, it is well worth the time it will save those who do your social media management and they will be able to stay on top of it all.

Listening to my social media followers with the ability to use specific key words. Sprout then monitors these in conversations and I can filter by social media channel. I plan to take more advantage of the reporting and comparisons to colleagues in our industry. It just streamlines everything and now even Instagram.

Sprout Social review by Derrick H.
Derrick H.

"Sprout Social Makes My Life So Much Easier"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Sprout Social is being able to see all of my incoming messages across all social platforms. There's nothing more tedious than constantly logging in and out of each platform to check for messages. Seeing them all in the same place makes it so much easier to respond to people in a timely manner. I also love that you can manage more than one client's social media presence.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see a deeper analysis of how my queue time is determined, specifically for Twitter. I'm assuming that it's based on when users are most likely to interact with your post, however, the time reflected queue time seems to rarely change, which makes me feel a little uneasy when using the Sprout Queue feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other alternatives, but for smaller businesses this is perfect.

We're currently trying to figure out how to gain more traction on Twitter for a particular client. Being able to see who regularly is interacting with our posts has been a great advantage and shown insight as to what types of content they like and will continue to interact with.The greatest benefit of Sprout Social is being able to schedule posts ahead of time. Now that you can preview what the message will look like before it's published, I no longer have to pray and hope that a post scheduled via Sprout will publish the way it was intended to be.

Sprout Social review by Lydia C.
Lydia C.

"Extremely helpful for Twitter - Okay for all other platforms"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use! I love using Sprout Social for Twitter monitoring and engaging. It's easy to like, retweet, and reply all on one platform. Easy monitoring for specific hashtags and keywords.

The ability to search (on Twitter) on the platform without having to toggle screens with native Twitter. The reporting functionality is very beneficial and helpful, too, to compare. The pricing is affordable and reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was built out functionality with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram engagement and monitoring as it is on Twitter. Specifically the ability to reply and like all in one-go.

In regards to reporting, I wish I could compare month over month on the same screen without having to run the reports individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need this tool! Whether it's for monitoring, engaging, and/or reporting, this social media management tool has made my life a breeze. Say goodbye to excel spreadsheets!

Social media reporting, social media management, social customer service, social media trend monitoring, social media competitor monitoring, and relaying message-type trends back to our clients (i.e. an uptick in complaints).

Sprout Social review by Mateusz P.
Mateusz P.

"Not All It's Made Out To Be"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social conveniently consolidates all of our social media channels into one easy to manage feed.

What do you dislike?

Firstly, the features are a bit lacking. Sprout Social pulls @mentions and #hashtags into the feed but photo tags and other social media tags are not pulled in by Sprout Social requiring you to log into each social media channel and check.

Secondly, the customer service contradicted themselves and left us hanging. We added a second username and Sprout Social was kind enough to prorate the cost to only be charged the remainder of our current one year contract for the second user. We ultimately decided the second user was no longer necessary and called and asked if we could be refunded the remainder of the prorated amount. The person we spoke told us that they would refund the money but the team responsible for handling that was in a meeting and unavailable. When we called back they told us it was against their policy and that they would not issue a refund. We then suggested tacking on the remainder of the second users term to the first user as a solution which they also refused. We feel like we have been cheated as we were told we would be issued a refund but ended up with no solution and are now paying for two users yet only utilizing one.

It consolidates a lot of our customer service.

Sprout Social review by Katie N.
Katie N.

"Great social media management tool"

What do you like best?

I love the smart inbox and seeing everything in once place. With the addition of the bulk mode, managing community is very easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the analytics were more customizable and the tag report was more thorough. I don't just want to see how many messages were sent when I compare tags, I would like to compare performance as well. Or in the sent messages report, it would be helpful to add notes about the post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very simple and intuitive platform. My only complaint is that the analytics aren't always accurate and I wish I could plug in my own formulas or notes about each post.

I use sprout mostly for community management and monitoring. I also use it for scheduling and analytics.

Sprout Social review by Agata L.
Agata L.

"Easy yet powerful"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the platform is how the messages can lead you to discover new people worth observing. You can check profiles of people commenting on a certain post... and then just come back to a thread without losing it among the sea of others. Also, you can export whole threads (i.e. send them to your inbox) for later analysis. It's very simple yet effective for me.

What do you dislike?

It needs some memory if you have a large number of new posts - sometimes just slow down your browser. But it's a minor thing if you keep updating the messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a large amount of information that needs your careful sorting at first.

We gained a new understanding of how our visitors interact with what we publish and now we can track how it spreads on the internet. We gained a lot of recognition by promoting our posts wisely with Sprout.

Sprout Social review by Nicole S.
Nicole S.

"Great Experience with Sprout"

What do you like best?

Social media publishing tools, detailed analytics for building monthly reports.

What do you dislike?

The inaccessibility to social listening due to cost, wish part of it was wrapped into Sprout Social on its own. We would pay more per year for the seats. We wish it were easier to track a topic or hashtag. The paid reporting in Sprout is also not a great user experience so I'm still using native Facebook Ads to grab those numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great way to schedule content if you get many ongoing requests to publish from different areas of your organization.

Building social media calendars, using Landscape to easily resize images without involving our in-house designers, tracking month over month and year over year performance

Sprout Social review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Enjoy Sprout and think it's a great platform with a few things added. "

What do you like best?

I really like the inbox how we can filter everything thing in.

What do you dislike?

The cap on the number of tags. I'd like to have unlimited tags so we can keep our data.

In the inbox when you select twitter mentions, I wish you could filter out certain phrases. We run sweepstakes and it'd be nice to be able to filter out any of the auto tweets, so I can focus on the other stuff first and then go back to those.

BULK TAGGING -- WE NEED THIS NOW. I tag a lot of things a day and use on average over 10000 tags a month. It would be super nice if I could select 10 things in the inbox and then tag them all at one time with the tags.

Social listening and outreach.

Sprout Social review by Adriana M. H.
Adriana M. H.

"Best of what's out there - for the price "

What do you like best?

I like the reports the best. Sprouts reports are way beyond their competitors. I love the Twitter Comparison and the Group Reports. I also enjoy the customer service support over chat. I always get someone within seconds and the problem is addressed/fixed within minutes.

What do you dislike?

The Discovery tab has something to be desired. The SmartSearch component is not smart whatsoever. This is an area that has great potential for improvement. You cannot even print the search results! Well, you can, but you have to print screen. For that - the listening tool isn't that great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a listening platform, think again. If you need a cheap publishing and reporting tool, Sprout is it!

Sprout is great for publishing. Seriously lacks in listening. You can listen, but there's no way to capture the results.

Sprout Social review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Decent Social Media Management software, not the best"

What do you like best?

I think Sprout's clean user interface. It's an intuitive system to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the mobile app. It's good at sending mobile notifications when an Instagram post is scheduled to go out but the push notifications never go away! I have 34 notifications waiting for me on this app and I can't make them go away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice is to realize that no social media monitoring system is perfect. I like Sprout better than Hootsuite but there are still features from Sprout that are missing - Facebook Groups integration and Pinterest integration. Sprout's relatively small platform integration offerings are made up for by its excellent customer service.

I'm solving my company's need for a comprehensive social media management platform. I can schedule and monitor content in this platform. It also has a really great reporting/analytics feature.

Sprout Social review by Alia M.
Alia M.

"User friendly and easy to grab quick analytics"

What do you like best?

It's simple and allows you to analyze a social channel on a surface level without having to jump through hoops. It's straightforward. The dashboard is simple and self explanatory. It doesn't require much effort, but it allows me to get useful analytics. I also like how it puts all of the social channels in one place, so you don't have to go into Facebook Insights and then flip to twitter. Everything is on your dashboard, and you can go through each social channel without having to open multiple windows.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to connect to Instagram. I know this is a new feature, but we tried to connect one of our clients to Sprout for Instagram and it didn't save so we didn't have data for that month. Instagram isn't agency friendly, so it's understandable. I also wish you could see optimal posting times on Sprout. It would be nice to see which times on which apps are the best to post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Sprout Social. It makes everything easy and simple for both the agency and the client.

It's an easy analytics tool so I don't even need to go into Google Analytics all the time. I always pull Sprout when I am presenting my clients with quarterly reports. It is easy for them to comprehend (much easier than Google Analytics). Clients like the visual graphs that Sprout provides. It's definitely eliminating client and company confusion. I think Sprout does a great job of just showing the necessary analytics that clients actually want to see without making it over complicated.

Sprout Social review by Janine H.
Janine H.

"Use Sprout Social & Love It"

What do you like best?

The reporting is exceptional and usability is perfect! We hardly ever have issues and if we do, Sergio in customer service is beyond helpful! We manage over 40 social media profiles and Sprout Social allows us to schedule, post, and manage conversations with ease.

What do you dislike?

It would be extremely helpful if Sprout Social integrated with Facebook ads. We place thousands of ads a week and checking the comments with the Facebook Ad Manager is extremely time consuming. The ability to monitor ad comments would make our jobs that much more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at HootSuite and Sprout. Sprout is by far a cleaner and easier to use platform that is a very fair price.

We only use social media to facilitate conversations with our followers and provide them with useful information. Sprout allows us to post interesting articles and thoughts and then manage the comments quickly. The greatest benefit we have realized is the reporting feature. We don't focus on followers or engagement that much but would love to put a focus on those in the future and Sprout Social will allow that to happen.

Sprout Social review by Administrator

"Sprout is where it's at! "

What do you like best?

Wow, where do I even begin? I love that Sprout Social has a very Word Press style layout. It is very simple to navigate the site and achieve the goals you have outlined. I like how you can simply connect and profile and boom, scheduling is done. When you're managing a lot of social media clients, this is extremely helpful in keeping things organized.

What do you dislike?

As a company that is constantly changing clients and adding new ones, it would be beneficial if we could have some kind of function that would allow us to easily cancel clients to fill out profile requirement. This often sets us back a few days of progress and clients get grumpy when we promised immediate posting.

Occasionally, it seems that Sprout has the most difficulty with talking to company pages on LinkedIn. We experience a lot of random bugs with connecting these and there's little explanation given.

Sprout Social review by User in Primary/Secondary Education
User in Primary/Secondary Education

"An amazing platform"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use and understand. The analytics are amazing and I can hand them to my bosses and they will be able to understand what is in the packets. The app is very user-friendly and the fact that you can schedule Instagram posts it great too.

What do you dislike?

The price. I wish there was a way to have a second user but not purchase the platform again. In my opinion, there should be a price break. Our second user is only to help monitor once in a while and if I am out sick or on vacation so it hurts us to pay almost 3K for those times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the trial, try the best platform option and just explore it. Print out every report, try the custom feature and read their blog for tips and tricks.

It helps create a better work/home life balance. I am able to go home after the workday and relax and not manually post everything after 3:30 p.m.

Also, there are times where I was creating manual reports based on keywords and hashtags, now with this I am able to click a button and have the reports completed in minutes.

Sprout Social review by Carolyn A.
Carolyn A.

"Sprout Social has been a gamechanger"

What do you like best?

Nearly everything! The platform is robust and has helped my social media team of 1 out immensely. When I had an intern this summer, it was easy to get her onboarded with the tool by adding a seat. The price is right. Their support team is quick and helpful. We had a more "advanced" tool in the past, but Sprout Social fit our content and tagging needs better.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes tasks take a few extra clicks than I believe they need to. And I'd like the ability to add tags instead of being restricted to a certain number (based on how we use tags). Good news is, I'm able to provide this feedback directly via support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use as much of the system as you can during the demo and take advantage of the videos and webinars provided to help you get started!

The Smart Inbox has been so helpful for me. Since it works like an email inbox, it helps me to know social messages I've addressed or still need to address. My company has many members that can be retweeted in our social feed. Advanced Retweet is my favorite new feature.

Sprout Social review by Stefanie M.
Stefanie M.

"Great Experience, A Bit Pricey "

What do you like best?

Love that I can post for all of my clients across all of the platforms. Love how I can see all of the scheduled and posted posts. It is a fabulous tool for my small agency. LOVE the ability to set up Instagram posts and have them so easily sent to my phone. Not sure if there is another place to add this, so going to add it here. I would love to see a product like Later.com offers. Linkin.bio I used it with my own personal account and have considered moving my clients over as well so I can offer this for them. It's a great tool that allows for actual links to blog posts, products, etc. on Instagram.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is the price. For a small agency it's a significant monthly fee which I don't mind paying because the product is so great. That said, when I tried to add my assistant to the account I was told it would double the fee. It feels like $150 should cover a small agency and 1-2 additional employees.

Simplification. Everything in one place. Responding, tracking, analytics, scheduling. Sprout Social has simplified my day and saved me a ton of time.

Sprout Social review by Claire E. G.
Claire E. G.

"Great product, simple, effective and cost efficient!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use. The analytic tools are great and meet all my current needs. The interface is extremely user-friendly and tech savvy. The set-up was super easy and the reports and analytics have been spot on and easy to read. They have great support as well, so anytime I have ever had a problem it has been solved in just a matter of minutes

What do you dislike?

I haven't had too many problems with it, a few bugs, and a few questions but support has been right there to help me. It would be great if they added Youtube, and setting up Facebook could be a bit easier. I would love if they could add in more tutorials to help me continue to optimize my experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an awesome product, definitely, do your research and the trial to make sure it meets your companies needs, but I don't think you will be disappointed.

I am the only person monitoring social for my company so it is great to have all the analytics for our profiles in one place. The reports are easy to read and have worked great in my reports. I have found solutions on how I can better utilize my social campaigns and what my company is currently doing on social. It has been very easy to manage the accounts and use the social customer service functions as well so that we an offer support to our customers via social.

Sprout Social review by Niki F.
Niki F.

"Sprout Social Review"

What do you like best?

I love the approval process within sprout, and also the calendar view. The approval's in sprout are super easy, and allow for just one final look over everything before it gets scheduled. The approver gets an email when they need to approve a post, and the person who created the post gets a notification when it has been approved or rejected. The calendar view is also great because you get to see everything that is scheduled in one simple visual spot.

What do you dislike?

There really ins't anything that I don't like about Sprout. Everything is very user friendly and it isn't an overly complicated software. The only thing they could improve upon is having the post level reporting a little easier to follow and visually appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Sprout would be a great choice for anyone looking for a social media management tool. It is very easy to use and has everything you would ever need. We like this software over others because it's not overly complicated, but is still very robust for social needs. The approval process is also super easy for the approver and the person waiting for the approval.

We are using Sprout to publish to all out Social channel. This software has allowed for us to do all of our postings in advanced so we stay ahead of the game, and aren't always so reactive. The approval step has allowed for us to avoid any type of errors in live posts.

Sprout Social review by Melanie B.
Melanie B.

"The best social media management tool with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Out of the social media tools out there, Sprout Social is definitely the best one. I like that you can easily schedule AND queue posts over a variety of channels. I also really like the integrating analytics function. My favorite aspect about Sprout Social, however, is the friendly user interface, which trumps the other social media tools like Hootsuite for ages.

I also love the ability to find posts to repost. This saves me a ton of time too. Oh, and of course the ability to get notified when sometone hashtags something (social monitoring) is AWESOME. Did I mention that I love seeing all the notifications in one page too?

What do you dislike?

The analytics part of the program could be a little better, more precise and easier to use. I would love to get a consolidated report and some more explanations of what things mean. Maybe the capability is there and I just don't know how to use it, but for some reason, I feel like there is some room for improvement here.

Also, the Instagram integration is not good and I use Later.com for that. It would be great if Sprout had a similar service to Later.com

It would also be great if you could queue posts from different accounts and then have one person approve those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! <3

We save a ton of time by scheduling out posts and having them being posted automatically. It allows us to be precise and consistent in our social media. We also use it to find new posts which is a great tool.

Sprout Social review by Almari T.
Almari T.

"Simplifies my work! "

What do you like best?

Sprout is an amazing social media tool, especially for agencies where more than one person takes care of things. You can keep track of everything, including keeping an eye on all the staff's stats. My fave is the reporting - this changed my life .

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not an option for full customer support. (You have to get an add-on which isn't really that easy) Also, I dislike that Instagram pm doesn't work on Sprout. Instagram is where the younger generation are spending their time so I think it should be a priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider adding Instagram private messages - we can litterally monitor everything except that on Sprout, and we'd like to include that in our data using that tagging option too.

I am giving my clients / brands great customer support on social media, and the reporting has made a huge difference especially the competitors reporting, in how we do things.

Sprout Social review by Jonatan Jose A.
Jonatan Jose A.

"You can combine multiple social networks in one application. "

What do you like best?

With this application I stay active on all my social networks, I can make comments and publish it at the same time on different social networks, this helps me save time to share more with my family, allows me to interact at the same time on facebook, linkedin , twitter, google, and so instead of opening each application separately, with social sprout I access all of them from the same place.

What do you dislike?

Facebook, linkedin, instagram, twiter, are the applications that I can have active with a single click, when I log in to social sprout, I can see the comments you have in my publications on all these social networks and answer them all from the same site, I could not say something that I do not like, because until now it has worked very well for me.

Weekly send a report to the mail where you can view the history of activities performed in each application, and stay up to date with everything, has helped me save time in my day to day.

Sprout Social review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Easily the best paid for social media management software"

What do you like best?

The reporting section is the best part of the software. The automatic reports help you analyse performance at a glance. The software pulls insights from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google Analytics and allows you to see growth, reach, engagement, and gives you an exact idea of which messaging is getting the most engagement, clicks etc. You can also track competitors side by side and more.

What do you dislike?

I don't like monitoring my newsfeed through Sprout Social, although it is totally possible, I still find myself using the native apps and websites for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a robust content calendar manager that allows you to produce beautiful and meaningful reports each month this is the best paid for product.

The problem you're solving here is social media management, social listening, content calendar management, social media analysis. The benefits are quick and robust scheduling, and quick deep insights.

Sprout Social review by John V.
John V.

"Simple. Straight-forward. Effective. Smart."

What do you like best?

Sprout Social provides a platform that provides access to posting on several platforms at once. Also provides a depth of reporting for each platform. Sprout Social's team level provides a very effective method of collaboration of efforts from other contributors. Best part of Sprout Social...it's not just a platform or piece of software. It's a fully operational wealth of information and resources with a super support staff that listens to and responds to your needs.

What do you dislike?

Having used Sprout Social for only three months so far, there have been very few instances of concern. Most, if not all, have been dealt with by their exceptional support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Team collaboration, superb customer support, resources and analytical reporting make Sprout Social a very powerful tool that is a must-have for social media administration. All this at an affordable investment.

Analytics, collaboration, scheduling, listening to audiences, resources.

The ability to follow and provide detailed and easy to follow analytical reporting to our administration is a big plus from using Sprout Social.

Scheduling posts on multiple platforms, including Instagram is a real time savor.

Giving other areas the ability to submit posts saves time and efforts for procurement of material.

The smart inbox provides the tools to customize the audience you are listening to.

The resources made available to customers and non-customers alike earn Sprout Social a top level spot in your bookmarks/favorites.

Sprout Social review by Callum R.
Callum R.

"It's all a bit meh "

What do you like best?

Clean lay-out, easy to post to multiple sites at once, analytics work well. Good breakdown of the audiences, both total and on each individual social account.

What do you dislike?

Inability to tag companies on LinkedIn, no in-built emoji keyboard, accounts frequently become unlinked thus resulting in analytics becoming unusable, posts would sometimes post more than once when they were not scheduled to do so, pointless updates that don't fix anything and instead break the shorten links button and feature, needs to stop bit.ly links not showing the attributed site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere before settling for Sprout. Initial optimism has eventually waned and caused us to become disillusioned with the platform.

It's all been a bit meh to be quite honest. Been able to monitor all the feeds in one layout, but mostly it's been quite disappointing after a promising start.

Learn more about Sprout Social

Sprout Social Videos

Learning about Sprout Social?

* We monitor all Sprout Social reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.