Sprout Social

Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a leading social media management software that provides engagement, publishing, analytics and team collaboration tools.

Work for Sprout Social?

Learning about Sprout Social?

Sprout Social Reviews

Showing 769 Sprout Social reviews
Sprout Social review by Melissa C.
Melissa C.

"Reliable social management tool."

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is a very reliable social media management tool. When I need to quickly distribute information across multiple channels, Sprout's the go-to. I also really like that Sprout has added Pinterest tracking, which can be daunting from the native analytics.

What do you dislike?

In April, Sprout lost functionality to comment and like Instagram posts that came up in the messages area. Support for Instagram is still less than stellar, which is unfortunate given the platform's popularity. The overall analytics could be less clunky. It seems unnecessarily cumbersome to select long-range dates of more than a few months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a little pricier than other social media management platforms, but overall it's worth the extra cost. Few other managers are as easy to learn and use.

Sprout makes it easy to send out information across multiple platforms at once, and I really appreciate how easy it is to schedule future postings. Our agency was able to save lots of money by switching our social media management in-house, which is very important in our sector. Our agency is also very unique in that we have a very small staff and being able to utilize a tool like Sprout Social to quickly and efficiently disseminate information to our followers has saved us loads of time -- whether it was going back and forth with our ad agency to get our posts/branding/message right, or even just sharing the same photo across all our platforms. Sprout solved the time and money problem, and that's worth the cost alone.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sprout Social
Sprout Social review by Daniel C.
Daniel C.

"Timely monitoring of all my notifications."

What do you like best?

I was allowed to keep track of my social networks before I did not review them as I should have spent days in which I did not have access to them, losing a series of notifications in which I could not give a timely response, with this application it is possible to check all my social networks In one single place.

What do you dislike?

I would like to offer more options for designing pages in this way to be more striking its use through selected colors and designs, but nothing that interferes with its use which is great, gives me the ease of receiving all notifications from my contacts in one place and at the same time be able to make comments or publish some information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is recommended above all because it allows you to take all the networks in one place and can give a quick response to the different notifications received, it increases the response capacity to be able to make a comment and publish it in all at the same time saving time which for the various functions What I must do is valuable to render it as much as possible, being able to be carried on any type of equipment.

Since I use Sprout Social and I have seen my ability to respond to the level, since before I did not have the time to have all the networks open on the same computer, which limited its use as well as being able to keep track and be updated in terms of social networks is about, at the time of use will realize how attractive it is to use the correct use of our contacts.

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

Sprout Social review by Mariani F.
Mariani F.

"Reception and quick reading of all notifications and messages received in a single application."

What do you like best?

It has the facility of being able to receive in a single tray all the important notifications originated by my contacts among them the messages and comments sent, giving me the ease of interacting in my social networks in a single application, being able to see the movements or the people who have contacted can review and give a timely response without loss of time, I can send direct messages or send notifications to any contact.

What do you dislike?

This application is very useful to keep track of the different social networks we use I would like to make updates in your task panel or add other functions, within it as well as allowing more templates to customize the views and so I can move better through it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows you to perform a good journey through its different functions, saves a lot of time in review one by one of the social networks that account for it is recommended this application for people who perhaps because of the amount of daily work fear that pass them some activity leaving forgotten some message that could be important, with this application it becomes easier the contro and reception of information coming from the diverse m, edios, allowing to realize commentaries and notifications in any moment from a single application being able to be published in all social networks at once.

Easy software for good management of social networks I really like the rapids in which I can respond to the notifications that I receive as well as private messages easily adapts to my fixed equipment as to my cell phone, maintaining a constant communication with my contacts from anywhere, has a technical support attentive to any concern that we may present through the use of the application.

Sprout Social review by Romel Jose R.
Romel Jose R.

"Access to notifications from my social networks without wasting time."

What do you like best?

This tool is perfectly applied to my computer offers the convenience of giving quick response to the notifications that I receive through my social networks, facebook, email, tweet, I can see in a summarized way the most relevant and the people of my counters who have made some movement or have contacted me being able to review and give a timely response without loss of time in the same way I can send direct messages or send notifications to any contact.

What do you dislike?

I would like to periodically make updates in your task panel or maybe add other applications within it as more templates or calculators also I would like to offer options to improve the view to receive more information every time I'm in it, making it easier the reading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allows you to make a good navigation through your task panel very easy to understand where it facilitates quickly obtain all the notifications we have in the different social networks that we have applied to this software so avoid wasting time in opening each one of them, Gaining time to invest in other activities increasing our response capacity.

Is a very easy tool to manage my social networks I love that every time I have a problem I can interact via chat or through email support having a timely response to my requirements which gives a point in favor as I reduce the amount click to locate some information.

Sprout Social review by Monica M.
Monica M.

"Rocking with Sprout and it's Community"

What do you like best?

I love the tool, interface, the support I get and being part of the sprout community. The willingness for the staff to listen to my problems and find a solution. A true partnership.

What do you dislike?

Would like to be able to set up my video posting for Instagram and not just images. We do a lot of video marketing which I have to post manually as of right now. I would also like to see the Google Analytics reporting to be improved so that I don't have to log in to the client accounts to view reports that I have to send to my clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This goes for any tool...test the product and make sure it's going to check off all the boxes for your business needs. If you want a social media management tool that has a community and support to go with it, Sprout is for you.

Getting all the information that I need to support what we are doing for our clients. SMM tools to facilitate posting so that I can set and go and be able to focus on other aspects of running the business.

Sprout Social review by Lauren G.
Lauren G.

"Social Media Specialist"

What do you like best?

Sprout is the easiest to use and most straight forward social media management platform I have used. And as a bonus, they have stellar customer service. The reports, scheduler and smart inbox are all easy to use and visually appealing.

What do you dislike?

Some of the lower-priced packages lack add-on features that would be desirable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Sprout Social with a very large team (50+ content contributors), with a smaller team (4 users) and also on my own as an independent contractor. There is a use-case and scale for every size and need.

As a small team, Sprout Social helps to save time. Reports are easy to generate and export and they look clean and professional enough to share with others outside of the social media team. This is incredibly helpful in cutting down workload. The smart inbox is also a great way to stay on top of incoming messages and industry trends without having to constantly seek information. Scheduling is quick and easy and Sprout's "optimal send time" feature eliminates the need to constantly plan and analyze scheduling.

Sprout Social review by Julia H.
Julia H.

"An almost complete suite of social media and analytics tools!"

What do you like best?

Sprout social provided our departmnt with the right set of tools to get the job done. Whether it was to schedule our posts, collaborate as a team or generate custom reports for our management.

Their customer support is spot on and quick to fix any issues we face, the also helped us onboard new members a few times and resolve some technical issues when connecting our accounts.

Was one of the first tool to supports Instagram scheduling!

What do you dislike?

While very robust, the tool lacks any listening capability, and for our crisis management and market research we had to subscribe to other paid tools who provided us with the needed insights into those new markets and social media analysis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout social is the right tool for you if you are a medium to large company looking to grow your business to the next level.

The cost is great and you will make it back in no time once you start utilizing all the advanced tools and features the platform provides. It felt like a natural step for our company to move to from Hootsuite.

Sprout social provided us with in depth insights and built relationships between our customers across all platforms, a feature that we held in great value as it allowed us to have deeper understanding of our customers personas.

Sprout Social review by Román Facundo E.
Román Facundo E.

"Best social media management & integrated analytics tool"

What do you like best?

Definitely, the smart inbox is Sprout Social's defining feature. It allows you to manage private messages, mentions, likes and every kind of interaction happening on your social media profiles timelines. The smart inbox is customizable and can be "splitted" into several different ones depending on your needs.

More: setup is so easy and intuitive you don't even have to read manuals or handbooks at all.

What do you dislike?

They haven't fully integrated the "deep listening" feature into the platform. Also, the Gravatar function (you need to use an external WordPress-based platform to create something as simple as your profile photo, which is annoying when you have large groups of community managers who don't want to create a Gravatar, etc.).

Another small thing I dislike is the fact that you have to upload images one at the time, when you attach them to tweets or posts you're sending through Sprout Social. It's a bit annoying when compared to its general user-friendly and easiness structure and functioning.

Last, the Search Content function only provides content in English, but it's a beta feature so I don't mind. Useful, though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly recommended if you want to manage large social media communities and use social media as customer service channels.

Social media as CRM management.

Social media management.

Analytics integration (with Google Analytics).

Sprout Social review by Luisa F.
Luisa F.

"It's amazing everything that allows me to do."

What do you like best?

This is an application that has helped me a lot, the advantage that I have when using it is very good, since it allows me to interact in all my social networks at the same time, from the same application.

What do you dislike?

I do not see anything negative, only that sometimes the inbox of my mail is saturated with all the information that the application sends me, but I suppose it is normal, because it tries as much as possible to inform me by all means of the news that there is for me, although I would like not to receive so many messages in the mail, but strictly necessary.

It has helped me to be up to date on all my social networks, linkedin, twitter, Facebook, since by this application I can access all of them from the same place, allowing me to save time.

Sprout Social review by Jocelyn P.
Jocelyn P.

"4 Year Experience with Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is easy to use. We've stuck with it because it is very easy to draft posts across platforms and attach media files. It is easy to reply and view posts that mention our client directly from the interface.

What do you dislike?

It is VERY pricey for what you receive. They provided limited customer service and are totally unhelpful when there are issues with any of the integration issues for the platforms. We also had an issue with them overcharging us for a service they've discontinued. It is painful to get anything resolved and phone support is only available at a premium price. We are looking for a replacement because it seems like given the services we receive it just too expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social has changed a lot over the last 4 years. They used to be very focused on all their customers. It seems like they no longer pay attention to smaller clients even though we pay over $7,200 a year. We haven't seen a lot of improvements in our service. Most of the changes have been for very large teams that don't apply to our account.

We are digital marketing agency focused on the technology sector. B2B social media is very important. Sprout Social enables us to create dynamic posts across channels and monitor engagement with followers.

Sprout Social review by Erin S.
Erin S.

"Solid tool for an affordable price"

What do you like best?

The smart inbox has been a gamechanger for our workflow. It's extremely valuable to have all our notifications, mentions, messages using VIP keywords all pulled into one simple feed. We feel confident we're addressing important issues and not missing any threats or opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky when it comes to content discovery. We supplement Sprout with Tweetdeck and a few other tools to help us find content that doesn't find it's way into our smart inbox because it doesn't mention our brand or hit one of our keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social may not have every bell and whistle you need in a social media management platform but they're extremely thoughtful in their approach to building out their tool. I've been using them for several years and they really take customer feedback to heart while also ensuring they're launching new features when they're ready. Unlike other tools I've used or demo'ed they don't just build something for the sake of being able to say they have it.

It's increased our ability to engage and reach more audience members than before. We're participating as an active member of our community vs just expecting them to engage with us or around us. It's also been a huge time saver when it comes to pulling analytics. We still do a lot of reporting manually but for things like Twitter/Instagram followers and other things the platforms do not include in their native downloads, having Sprout has been a HUGE way to save time.

Sprout Social review by Michelle S.
Michelle S.

"Outsource social media marketing performance analysis to Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

I love the PDF reports that I can download and send to individual clients! I send monthly reports for each social media channel an individual client is on, and it only takes a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

Sprout Social algorithms seem to calculate data differently than that actual social media platforms so the numbers aren't apples to apples. I tested accuracy multiple times by comparing the same metric for the same time period and received different results. Also, sometimes variables such as engagement look WAY too high to be accurate and I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small marketing agency who works with other small businesses, Sprout Social is a great tool for tracking and reporting on their social media performance. It's been about a year since I compared, but when I was researching social media management software, Sprout Social offered the best mix of features and affordability. Previously I looked at Hootsuite, Buffer, Social Report,, Socialbakers, and Agora Pulse.

The PDF performance report by channel saves me a ton of time since I used to create them manually by downloading anyaltics data directly from Facebook, Twitter, etc. and then creating my own reports. My clients appreciate how quickly they receive the information, and the data informs social media strategy and content for the new month.

Sprout Social review by Nathan D.
Nathan D.

"Sprout Social for Reputation Management"

What do you like best?

I love that Sprout Social offers a mobile app with push notifications. When there are only 1-2 staff members covering social media response, it is invaluable to work/life balance. I am able to respond to social questions on the go, wherever I may be without the need of a laptop!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the Sprout Social platform. When I had an Android phone typically the app would auto-disable my inbox messages but that does not seem to be a problem on my new iPhone 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a catch-all for Social Media customer service and reputation. There are different levels of service you can purchase to meet your company's needs.

Sprout has helped us improve customer satisfaction and retention by being able to respond to customer's questions in real time. We are also able to free up time by scheduling our social media posts across multiple platforms in one easy to use tool.

Sprout Social review by Christopher S.
Christopher S.

"Sprout Works Well for Many Aspects of Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of assigning team members with tasks and scheduling content to multiple platforms. Reporting is also a great resource for quick insights and metrics. I really like pulling and exporting scheduled posts in an easy-to-see format. It's also fantastic for making quick work of editing photos and even comes with some standard filters, but i rarely use those as they don't tend to make photos looks any better.

What do you dislike?

Managing messages could be a little more intuitive and robust, if the look and feel could match closer to native. Wish we could post to IG without a mobile to do so, but that's an API issue with IG. I really want more flexible reports so I can add or remove data points. Really would like to monitor messages in columns and not a feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a great platform, it does come with a learning curve, so take the time to really dive in and go through some training so you can get the most out of it.

I'm managing, publishing, and monitoring multiple accounts and Sprout does really well with doing this. It's all about having almost everything under one roof.

Sprout Social review by Sara P.
Sara P.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

The "Smart Inbox" is the best thing about Sprout Social. You get an action item for each Instagram tag or comment, Twitter follows, comments and mentions, and comments on any Facebook post... even comments on ads you're running with a related ad account. The ability to save phrases and hashtags help you catch and respond to more mentions of your company.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling and publishing process for new posts can be frustrating and could be more user friendly. The Sprout Queue is a good automated publisher for content that doesn't need to be posted on a specific day or time, but the process of getting your content to the point where it's ready to be scheduled requires too many steps. The calendar functions for publishing would be great if it included a little more functionality, like drag and drop to reschedule, and categories for organizing content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best service I've come across for social media monitoring. It's not perfect but it's the most useful manager I've found.

Being one person managing many social feeds for a small company, Sprout Social saves me time not having to log in and out of different apps or sites. The tools are all in one place for getting our message out there.

Sprout Social review by Britny K.
Britny K.

"Great social scheduling service"

What do you like best?

I like that Sprout Social makes social media management, advocacy and analytics software for businesses easy. Sprout helps us communicate with customers on social channels, collaborate across teams and measure the effectiveness of their efforts on all social channels.

What do you dislike?

I am disappointed with Sprout Social’s lack of integration. Sprout Social only supports Twitter, Facebook (profiles & pages), Google+ pages, Instagram & LinkedIn (profiles & pages). I also don't like the lack of ability of displaying streams.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social will be the right tool for some businesses, and perhaps even you. The entry price (now the Deluxe plan) is $59/user/month, and that is going to be quite a leap for individuals and small businesses.

Sprout Social solves the following problems: Has an in built Customer Relationship Management system (CRM)

Monitoring (although not quite as comprehensive as Mention or the likes of Brandwatch)

Support for teams (drafts, calendar, tasks etc)

Support for multiple profiles, departments, and companies

Security and ability to set specific permission levels and roles

Analytics & Reports

Helpdesk facility (on Premium and above plans) to use social media for customer support

Mobile apps for iPhone, iPad and Android

Integrates with Feedly (for your RSS feeds)

Sprout Social review by Janessa K.
Janessa K.

"Intuitive, easy to use, saves HOURS each week for social media marketers"

What do you like best?

I love the fact that my different accounts are separated by pages, yet they're all accessible on one dashboard/platform. Way easier to use that Facebook's Business Manager, where you have to switch from one account to another. By accessing everything from a single dashboard, I save a ton of time each week in replying to customer messages, reviewing notifications, etc. Not to mention, I miss far less notifications (compared to Facebook, where my notifications are separated by different management accounts).

What do you dislike?

I wish they had a more flexible pricing structure for small businesses/marketing firms. If you want to add more than one user, it becomes quite expensive. In addition, while the software as a whole is super intuitive, adding/deleting a profile surprisingly isn't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Intuitive, simple, and efficient. I'd recommend Sprout Social to both small and large businesses - marketing firms in particular. This software has allowed me to more efficiently manage my current customers, and frees up a significant amount of time, allowing me to sign up even more clients.

Their reporting feature has made it WAY easier for me to provide my clients with their page analytics. All of my clients are small business owners, and many are unfamiliar with social media. To be able to show them a simple report with basic statistics and graphics, has saved me hours each month on attempting to compile my own reports from Facebook. It helps my client retention, and makes my business as a whole look more professional & efficient.

Sprout Social review by Joseph H.
Joseph H.

"Solid Social Media Management Platform"

What do you like best?

The user interface is attractive, making it easy to use for the most part. Most of these all-in-one tools are like Swiss Army Knives, meaning they have a bunch of parts, but if you really need to cut something, the knife is pretty useless. I'd say most of the parts are very usable here. Reports are pretty, but I wish they were more customizable.

What do you dislike?

There are just some aspects of the UI that are strange. Managing the networks and people under each account doesn't feel intuitive to me in Sprout. We've had a few support issues with things not posting as expected. They never seem to have a plausible response to them, but luckily, they are rare occurrences compared to the error frequency we experience with Hootsuite.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a free trial.

Social Media Management. The tool has been a good solution to managing a number of different accounts in one location.

Sprout Social review by Nickolas R.
Nickolas R.

"Great Service to cut down time"

What do you like best?

All of your social profiles are in one place, automated reporting, white labelled reporting and Instagram functionality is amazing with Sprout Social.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are focused a lot towards Twitter and we cant add a lot of groups compared to the number of profiles

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend this product if you are a one-stop shop for all your profiles. Sprout will be able to give you metrics, schedule, report and export schedules with ease. Their auto-scheduler is a charm and listens to your profile and will post for certain periods of times which are busiest on your page.

We are solving a large number of issues with Sprout. Mostly scheduling across all pages. Instead of going through each page by page, you have one dashboard and can easily switch between pages. Another thing which sprout helps us with our reporting and also sending schedules in a nice presentable manor.

Sprout Social review by Tina W.
Tina W.

"Sprout Social Makes Social Easy"

What do you like best?

I like that I can schedule social media posts, so I don't have to think about it. I like being able to look at my performance vs key competitors in the reporting section. I love seeing which hashtags are performing best. I like being notified in one place for all social media interactions. I love that you can queue posts to auto-fill content gaps. I love the calendar layout of the scheduled posts. I love that they have a mobile app that is easy to use.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can't duplicate a Facebook post to Instagram, so that I have something to start with, even though I know changes need to be made. I hate that I still have to actually post the scheduled post to Instagram vs having it automatically post it. (This is an Instagram limitation vs something wrong with Sprout.) I don't like that I can't geo tag or tag photos for Instagram. I don't like that all of my emojis don't show up in the desktop version of Sprout (again, likely has more to do with my OS than with Sprout). I don't like that I can't see my reporting in the phone app. I don't like that I can't like a comment from an instagram user in the Sprout platform. I can reply to an Instagram user, but I cannot like a comment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I do really like all the message optimizers provided by Coschedule, but they seem a bit more difficult to use, and there price is a LOT higher.

It's very easy to manage multiple clients' social posting from one place. You can have people approve posts inside the calendar view in Sprout (approval processes), so it just makes it so much easier to manage than sending emails back and forth.

Sprout Social review by Marilyn G.
Marilyn G.

"a tool with many functions."

What do you like best?

It is a very easy way to interact in all my social networks, it is great to be able to make a comment and post it on Facebook, instagram, twiter at the same moment and see the comments of all of them in the same application.

What do you dislike?

I'm very pleased, nothing negative to reference, so far I've done very well with the application, it helps me save time, to stay active on all my social networks, I can make a publication and make it public on all my networks at the same time and see all your comments in one place, without having to open so many pages, all in one place, social sprout.

It helps me to be active in all my networks with a single application, it's very good.

Sprout Social review by Caroline J.
Caroline J.

"My own little personal assistant!"

What do you like best?

Sprout enables me to better deliver value to clients by saving TIME spent on gathering data for reporting. I used to gather data for reports manually, and I still am proud of the insights I learned during that process, but I learned that in order to increase revenue for my business, I had to find ways to save time in order to make more money. Sprout has enabled me to do both.

What do you dislike?

I wish the price to add additional users to my account was significantly more affordable for a small business owner. $99/month is great for me at this point to be able to use the services, but it only includes one login/membership. This monthly fee is pocket change to larger, enterprise operations, but it is too cost prohibitive for me to add ANOTHER $99/month to utilize the team workflow features. I feel like I don't have a chance to full take advantage of the platform's services and offerings.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it!

Better time management for an individual business owner, managing multiple accounts for multiple clients. Better insights to data, especially competitor tracking. I don't have to do this manually anymore!

Sprout Social review by Dorothy G.
Dorothy G.

"The best social media marketing tool"

What do you like best?

I love their publishing tools and the ability to have a content calendar and scheduling system all in one. I also love the ease of reporting and the nice looking, easy to create reports I am able to share with my team. I like the visual format and find it very user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I have to pay a lot more/month to add team members. It would be so helpful if I could have even one additional person on the program to assign tasks to (which is a great feature) so we aren't overlapping work and communications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Even if you feel it is an additional cost to your organization, it is well worth the time it will save those who do your social media management and they will be able to stay on top of it all.

Listening to my social media followers with the ability to use specific key words. Sprout then monitors these in conversations and I can filter by social media channel. I plan to take more advantage of the reporting and comparisons to colleagues in our industry. It just streamlines everything and now even Instagram.

Sprout Social review by Derrick H.
Derrick H.

"Sprout Social Makes My Life So Much Easier"

What do you like best?

What I like best about Sprout Social is being able to see all of my incoming messages across all social platforms. There's nothing more tedious than constantly logging in and out of each platform to check for messages. Seeing them all in the same place makes it so much easier to respond to people in a timely manner. I also love that you can manage more than one client's social media presence.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could see a deeper analysis of how my queue time is determined, specifically for Twitter. I'm assuming that it's based on when users are most likely to interact with your post, however, the time reflected queue time seems to rarely change, which makes me feel a little uneasy when using the Sprout Queue feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are many other alternatives, but for smaller businesses this is perfect.

We're currently trying to figure out how to gain more traction on Twitter for a particular client. Being able to see who regularly is interacting with our posts has been a great advantage and shown insight as to what types of content they like and will continue to interact with.The greatest benefit of Sprout Social is being able to schedule posts ahead of time. Now that you can preview what the message will look like before it's published, I no longer have to pray and hope that a post scheduled via Sprout will publish the way it was intended to be.

Sprout Social review by Lydia C.
Lydia C.

"Extremely helpful for Twitter - Okay for all other platforms"

What do you like best?

Extremely easy to use! I love using Sprout Social for Twitter monitoring and engaging. It's easy to like, retweet, and reply all on one platform. Easy monitoring for specific hashtags and keywords.

The ability to search (on Twitter) on the platform without having to toggle screens with native Twitter. The reporting functionality is very beneficial and helpful, too, to compare. The pricing is affordable and reasonable.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was built out functionality with Facebook, LinkedIn, and Instagram engagement and monitoring as it is on Twitter. Specifically the ability to reply and like all in one-go.

In regards to reporting, I wish I could compare month over month on the same screen without having to run the reports individually.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You need this tool! Whether it's for monitoring, engaging, and/or reporting, this social media management tool has made my life a breeze. Say goodbye to excel spreadsheets!

Social media reporting, social media management, social customer service, social media trend monitoring, social media competitor monitoring, and relaying message-type trends back to our clients (i.e. an uptick in complaints).

Sprout Social review by Mateusz P.
Mateusz P.

"Not All It's Made Out To Be"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social conveniently consolidates all of our social media channels into one easy to manage feed.

What do you dislike?

Firstly, the features are a bit lacking. Sprout Social pulls @mentions and #hashtags into the feed but photo tags and other social media tags are not pulled in by Sprout Social requiring you to log into each social media channel and check.

Secondly, the customer service contradicted themselves and left us hanging. We added a second username and Sprout Social was kind enough to prorate the cost to only be charged the remainder of our current one year contract for the second user. We ultimately decided the second user was no longer necessary and called and asked if we could be refunded the remainder of the prorated amount. The person we spoke told us that they would refund the money but the team responsible for handling that was in a meeting and unavailable. When we called back they told us it was against their policy and that they would not issue a refund. We then suggested tacking on the remainder of the second users term to the first user as a solution which they also refused. We feel like we have been cheated as we were told we would be issued a refund but ended up with no solution and are now paying for two users yet only utilizing one.

It consolidates a lot of our customer service.

Sprout Social review by Katie N.
Katie N.

"Great social media management tool"

What do you like best?

I love the smart inbox and seeing everything in once place. With the addition of the bulk mode, managing community is very easy.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the analytics were more customizable and the tag report was more thorough. I don't just want to see how many messages were sent when I compare tags, I would like to compare performance as well. Or in the sent messages report, it would be helpful to add notes about the post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a very simple and intuitive platform. My only complaint is that the analytics aren't always accurate and I wish I could plug in my own formulas or notes about each post.

I use sprout mostly for community management and monitoring. I also use it for scheduling and analytics.

Sprout Social review by Agata L.
Agata L.

"Easy yet powerful"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of the platform is how the messages can lead you to discover new people worth observing. You can check profiles of people commenting on a certain post... and then just come back to a thread without losing it among the sea of others. Also, you can export whole threads (i.e. send them to your inbox) for later analysis. It's very simple yet effective for me.

What do you dislike?

It needs some memory if you have a large number of new posts - sometimes just slow down your browser. But it's a minor thing if you keep updating the messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be prepared for a large amount of information that needs your careful sorting at first.

We gained a new understanding of how our visitors interact with what we publish and now we can track how it spreads on the internet. We gained a lot of recognition by promoting our posts wisely with Sprout.

Sprout Social review by Jessica S.
Jessica S.

"Enjoy Sprout and think it's a great platform with a few things added. "

What do you like best?

I really like the inbox how we can filter everything thing in.

What do you dislike?

The cap on the number of tags. I'd like to have unlimited tags so we can keep our data.

In the inbox when you select twitter mentions, I wish you could filter out certain phrases. We run sweepstakes and it'd be nice to be able to filter out any of the auto tweets, so I can focus on the other stuff first and then go back to those.

BULK TAGGING -- WE NEED THIS NOW. I tag a lot of things a day and use on average over 10000 tags a month. It would be super nice if I could select 10 things in the inbox and then tag them all at one time with the tags.

Social listening and outreach.

Sprout Social review by Adriana M. H.
Adriana M. H.

"Best of what's out there - for the price "

What do you like best?

I like the reports the best. Sprouts reports are way beyond their competitors. I love the Twitter Comparison and the Group Reports. I also enjoy the customer service support over chat. I always get someone within seconds and the problem is addressed/fixed within minutes.

What do you dislike?

The Discovery tab has something to be desired. The SmartSearch component is not smart whatsoever. This is an area that has great potential for improvement. You cannot even print the search results! Well, you can, but you have to print screen. For that - the listening tool isn't that great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a listening platform, think again. If you need a cheap publishing and reporting tool, Sprout is it!

Sprout is great for publishing. Seriously lacks in listening. You can listen, but there's no way to capture the results.

Sprout Social review by Taylor C.
Taylor C.

"Decent Social Media Management software, not the best"

What do you like best?

I think Sprout's clean user interface. It's an intuitive system to use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the mobile app. It's good at sending mobile notifications when an Instagram post is scheduled to go out but the push notifications never go away! I have 34 notifications waiting for me on this app and I can't make them go away.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My advice is to realize that no social media monitoring system is perfect. I like Sprout better than Hootsuite but there are still features from Sprout that are missing - Facebook Groups integration and Pinterest integration. Sprout's relatively small platform integration offerings are made up for by its excellent customer service.

I'm solving my company's need for a comprehensive social media management platform. I can schedule and monitor content in this platform. It also has a really great reporting/analytics feature.

Sprout Social review by Alia M.
Alia M.

"User friendly and easy to grab quick analytics"

What do you like best?

It's simple and allows you to analyze a social channel on a surface level without having to jump through hoops. It's straightforward. The dashboard is simple and self explanatory. It doesn't require much effort, but it allows me to get useful analytics. I also like how it puts all of the social channels in one place, so you don't have to go into Facebook Insights and then flip to twitter. Everything is on your dashboard, and you can go through each social channel without having to open multiple windows.

What do you dislike?

It's hard to connect to Instagram. I know this is a new feature, but we tried to connect one of our clients to Sprout for Instagram and it didn't save so we didn't have data for that month. Instagram isn't agency friendly, so it's understandable. I also wish you could see optimal posting times on Sprout. It would be nice to see which times on which apps are the best to post.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend Sprout Social. It makes everything easy and simple for both the agency and the client.

It's an easy analytics tool so I don't even need to go into Google Analytics all the time. I always pull Sprout when I am presenting my clients with quarterly reports. It is easy for them to comprehend (much easier than Google Analytics). Clients like the visual graphs that Sprout provides. It's definitely eliminating client and company confusion. I think Sprout does a great job of just showing the necessary analytics that clients actually want to see without making it over complicated.

Sprout Social review by Janine H.
Janine H.

"Use Sprout Social & Love It"

What do you like best?

The reporting is exceptional and usability is perfect! We hardly ever have issues and if we do, Sergio in customer service is beyond helpful! We manage over 40 social media profiles and Sprout Social allows us to schedule, post, and manage conversations with ease.

What do you dislike?

It would be extremely helpful if Sprout Social integrated with Facebook ads. We place thousands of ads a week and checking the comments with the Facebook Ad Manager is extremely time consuming. The ability to monitor ad comments would make our jobs that much more efficient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We looked at HootSuite and Sprout. Sprout is by far a cleaner and easier to use platform that is a very fair price.

We only use social media to facilitate conversations with our followers and provide them with useful information. Sprout allows us to post interesting articles and thoughts and then manage the comments quickly. The greatest benefit we have realized is the reporting feature. We don't focus on followers or engagement that much but would love to put a focus on those in the future and Sprout Social will allow that to happen.

Sprout Social review by Carolyn A.
Carolyn A.

"Sprout Social has been a gamechanger"

What do you like best?

Nearly everything! The platform is robust and has helped my social media team of 1 out immensely. When I had an intern this summer, it was easy to get her onboarded with the tool by adding a seat. The price is right. Their support team is quick and helpful. We had a more "advanced" tool in the past, but Sprout Social fit our content and tagging needs better.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes tasks take a few extra clicks than I believe they need to. And I'd like the ability to add tags instead of being restricted to a certain number (based on how we use tags). Good news is, I'm able to provide this feedback directly via support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use as much of the system as you can during the demo and take advantage of the videos and webinars provided to help you get started!

The Smart Inbox has been so helpful for me. Since it works like an email inbox, it helps me to know social messages I've addressed or still need to address. My company has many members that can be retweeted in our social feed. Advanced Retweet is my favorite new feature.

Sprout Social review by Stefanie M.
Stefanie M.

"Great Experience, A Bit Pricey "

What do you like best?

Love that I can post for all of my clients across all of the platforms. Love how I can see all of the scheduled and posted posts. It is a fabulous tool for my small agency. LOVE the ability to set up Instagram posts and have them so easily sent to my phone. Not sure if there is another place to add this, so going to add it here. I would love to see a product like Later.com offers. Linkin.bio I used it with my own personal account and have considered moving my clients over as well so I can offer this for them. It's a great tool that allows for actual links to blog posts, products, etc. on Instagram.

What do you dislike?

My only dislike is the price. For a small agency it's a significant monthly fee which I don't mind paying because the product is so great. That said, when I tried to add my assistant to the account I was told it would double the fee. It feels like $150 should cover a small agency and 1-2 additional employees.

Simplification. Everything in one place. Responding, tracking, analytics, scheduling. Sprout Social has simplified my day and saved me a ton of time.

Sprout Social review by Claire E. G.
Claire E. G.

"Great product, simple, effective and cost efficient!"

What do you like best?

I love that it is easy to use. The analytic tools are great and meet all my current needs. The interface is extremely user-friendly and tech savvy. The set-up was super easy and the reports and analytics have been spot on and easy to read. They have great support as well, so anytime I have ever had a problem it has been solved in just a matter of minutes

What do you dislike?

I haven't had too many problems with it, a few bugs, and a few questions but support has been right there to help me. It would be great if they added Youtube, and setting up Facebook could be a bit easier. I would love if they could add in more tutorials to help me continue to optimize my experiences.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is an awesome product, definitely, do your research and the trial to make sure it meets your companies needs, but I don't think you will be disappointed.

I am the only person monitoring social for my company so it is great to have all the analytics for our profiles in one place. The reports are easy to read and have worked great in my reports. I have found solutions on how I can better utilize my social campaigns and what my company is currently doing on social. It has been very easy to manage the accounts and use the social customer service functions as well so that we an offer support to our customers via social.

Sprout Social review by Niki F.
Niki F.

"Sprout Social Review"

What do you like best?

I love the approval process within sprout, and also the calendar view. The approval's in sprout are super easy, and allow for just one final look over everything before it gets scheduled. The approver gets an email when they need to approve a post, and the person who created the post gets a notification when it has been approved or rejected. The calendar view is also great because you get to see everything that is scheduled in one simple visual spot.

What do you dislike?

There really ins't anything that I don't like about Sprout. Everything is very user friendly and it isn't an overly complicated software. The only thing they could improve upon is having the post level reporting a little easier to follow and visually appealing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Sprout would be a great choice for anyone looking for a social media management tool. It is very easy to use and has everything you would ever need. We like this software over others because it's not overly complicated, but is still very robust for social needs. The approval process is also super easy for the approver and the person waiting for the approval.

We are using Sprout to publish to all out Social channel. This software has allowed for us to do all of our postings in advanced so we stay ahead of the game, and aren't always so reactive. The approval step has allowed for us to avoid any type of errors in live posts.

Sprout Social review by Melanie B.
Melanie B.

"The best social media management tool with room for improvement"

What do you like best?

Out of the social media tools out there, Sprout Social is definitely the best one. I like that you can easily schedule AND queue posts over a variety of channels. I also really like the integrating analytics function. My favorite aspect about Sprout Social, however, is the friendly user interface, which trumps the other social media tools like Hootsuite for ages.

I also love the ability to find posts to repost. This saves me a ton of time too. Oh, and of course the ability to get notified when sometone hashtags something (social monitoring) is AWESOME. Did I mention that I love seeing all the notifications in one page too?

What do you dislike?

The analytics part of the program could be a little better, more precise and easier to use. I would love to get a consolidated report and some more explanations of what things mean. Maybe the capability is there and I just don't know how to use it, but for some reason, I feel like there is some room for improvement here.

Also, the Instagram integration is not good and I use Later.com for that. It would be great if Sprout had a similar service to Later.com

It would also be great if you could queue posts from different accounts and then have one person approve those.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE IT! <3

We save a ton of time by scheduling out posts and having them being posted automatically. It allows us to be precise and consistent in our social media. We also use it to find new posts which is a great tool.

Sprout Social review by Almari T.
Almari T.

"Simplifies my work! "

What do you like best?

Sprout is an amazing social media tool, especially for agencies where more than one person takes care of things. You can keep track of everything, including keeping an eye on all the staff's stats. My fave is the reporting - this changed my life .

What do you dislike?

I dislike that there is not an option for full customer support. (You have to get an add-on which isn't really that easy) Also, I dislike that Instagram pm doesn't work on Sprout. Instagram is where the younger generation are spending their time so I think it should be a priority.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please consider adding Instagram private messages - we can litterally monitor everything except that on Sprout, and we'd like to include that in our data using that tagging option too.

I am giving my clients / brands great customer support on social media, and the reporting has made a huge difference especially the competitors reporting, in how we do things.

Sprout Social review by Jonatan Jose A.
Jonatan Jose A.

"You can combine multiple social networks in one application. "

What do you like best?

With this application I stay active on all my social networks, I can make comments and publish it at the same time on different social networks, this helps me save time to share more with my family, allows me to interact at the same time on facebook, linkedin , twitter, google, and so instead of opening each application separately, with social sprout I access all of them from the same place.

What do you dislike?

Facebook, linkedin, instagram, twiter, are the applications that I can have active with a single click, when I log in to social sprout, I can see the comments you have in my publications on all these social networks and answer them all from the same site, I could not say something that I do not like, because until now it has worked very well for me.

Weekly send a report to the mail where you can view the history of activities performed in each application, and stay up to date with everything, has helped me save time in my day to day.

Sprout Social review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Easily the best paid for social media management software"

What do you like best?

The reporting section is the best part of the software. The automatic reports help you analyse performance at a glance. The software pulls insights from Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Instagram, Google Analytics and allows you to see growth, reach, engagement, and gives you an exact idea of which messaging is getting the most engagement, clicks etc. You can also track competitors side by side and more.

What do you dislike?

I don't like monitoring my newsfeed through Sprout Social, although it is totally possible, I still find myself using the native apps and websites for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a robust content calendar manager that allows you to produce beautiful and meaningful reports each month this is the best paid for product.

The problem you're solving here is social media management, social listening, content calendar management, social media analysis. The benefits are quick and robust scheduling, and quick deep insights.

Sprout Social review by John V.
John V.

"Simple. Straight-forward. Effective. Smart."

What do you like best?

Sprout Social provides a platform that provides access to posting on several platforms at once. Also provides a depth of reporting for each platform. Sprout Social's team level provides a very effective method of collaboration of efforts from other contributors. Best part of Sprout Social...it's not just a platform or piece of software. It's a fully operational wealth of information and resources with a super support staff that listens to and responds to your needs.

What do you dislike?

Having used Sprout Social for only three months so far, there have been very few instances of concern. Most, if not all, have been dealt with by their exceptional support staff.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Team collaboration, superb customer support, resources and analytical reporting make Sprout Social a very powerful tool that is a must-have for social media administration. All this at an affordable investment.

Analytics, collaboration, scheduling, listening to audiences, resources.

The ability to follow and provide detailed and easy to follow analytical reporting to our administration is a big plus from using Sprout Social.

Scheduling posts on multiple platforms, including Instagram is a real time savor.

Giving other areas the ability to submit posts saves time and efforts for procurement of material.

The smart inbox provides the tools to customize the audience you are listening to.

The resources made available to customers and non-customers alike earn Sprout Social a top level spot in your bookmarks/favorites.

Sprout Social review by Callum R.
Callum R.

"It's all a bit meh "

What do you like best?

Clean lay-out, easy to post to multiple sites at once, analytics work well. Good breakdown of the audiences, both total and on each individual social account.

What do you dislike?

Inability to tag companies on LinkedIn, no in-built emoji keyboard, accounts frequently become unlinked thus resulting in analytics becoming unusable, posts would sometimes post more than once when they were not scheduled to do so, pointless updates that don't fix anything and instead break the shorten links button and feature, needs to stop bit.ly links not showing the attributed site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look elsewhere before settling for Sprout. Initial optimism has eventually waned and caused us to become disillusioned with the platform.

It's all been a bit meh to be quite honest. Been able to monitor all the feeds in one layout, but mostly it's been quite disappointing after a promising start.

Sprout Social review by Kate Z.
Kate Z.

"Great Scheduling Tool! Lots of Hidden Features "

What do you like best?

Sprout Social has been invaluable to me and my organization. We use it for scheduling as well as analytics reports. The Sprout is always there when I need them. the platform is easy to understand and offers tools we didn't even know we needed.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app is difficult to navigate, causing issues when I need to make changes on the road. You also have to know what you want out of the tools in order to know what's available, but the customer orientations can be really useful for that. Some analytics aren't in line with Facebook or aren't available at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Talk to Mark! He's treated us very well!

Sometimes it can be tough to find the analytics tool we need. The interface isn't always 100% user-friendly. Sprout has, however, done a great keeping in touch and answering questions whenever we need.

Sprout Social review by Emily F.
Emily F.

"Much better than Hootsuite or Buffer"

What do you like best?

I like Sprout's easily navigatable interface and the reporting options on Sprout are incredible. In comparison to Buffer and Hootsuite, it's much more intuitive and has really great, simple to use and read reporting features. The feed is incredibly helpful when you are busy and on the go, but still want to monitor your brand's engagement online. For a one-woman marketing department (I work for a small nonprofit) Sprout is a perfect tool to help me schedule, manage, and analyze our social media.

What do you dislike?

So far I haven't come across anything that I dislike about Sprout's platform. It's beautifully designed and intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Hootsuite and Buffer in the past and Sprout does the most work for you. It's scheduler is easy to use. The analytics page is incredibly intuitive and runs reports that are simple to read but full of great information.

I don't have a team of people to help schedule, track engagement, and analyze our social media, so the platform I use needs to accomplish all these goals for me. Sprout provides all the services I need in one place and allows me to easily engage on the go.

Sprout Social review by Megan M.
Megan M.

"Easy to use and great support!"

What do you like best?

It was so easy to use the minute you start using it. I have used it for over 2 years and from the time I initially set it up for two different companies till now it has been nothing but great. The user interface is so simple even someone new to social scheduling can pick it up quickly! The customer support is amazing and I never waited more than a day to get a response to a question.

What do you dislike?

The only con I can think of is that they don't have an agency option. I used them at my last job, so when I came to my new job I was excited to implement the service. But as it turns out I work in an agency type setting where I monitor and post to 26 different locations all of whom have at least 2 different social media profiles. They tried to accommodate us but the cost would have been too much as we grow. I ultimately had to leave them to find some place that offers a better rate. I am heartbroken as I know I won't get the level of assistance and simple user interface anywhere else. If they ever get a better model for agencies I will be back in a heartbeat!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just try it for at least a month, you truly wont be disappointed. I went out of town for a month and set everything to post for the month on 5 seperate channels for my last company and everything went out as planned. It's a set it and forget it platform because they are so good at what they do.

While using them social media posting is a breeze. I would take one day in the week and set everything to go out for 2 weeks on all the different channels. Then I didn't have to touch it for weeks. Their reports made collecting my numbers super easy too. I had tried Hootsuite a few years ago and you had to buy reports and earn credits. It was crazy. I had to do everything manually. With Sprout I printed the reports and handed them to my boss on the last day of the month. Easy Peasy!

Sprout Social review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Sprout Social - Free Version"

What do you like best?

Sprout is generally user friendly. If you've used another scheduling platform before you'll likely be able to guide yourself through it with little training.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't have as many functions as i'd like. You can't tag people on LinkedIn, or any page on Facebook. You have to manually go into the platforms themselves to do some things and that's really inconvienient.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be aware that there are certain things that you'll be unable to do within the platform. You may have to go back and forth between your Sprout and social platforms to accomplish everything you're trying to get done.

The ability to have all reporting in one place is really helpful. It also allows you to engage across platforms really easily. It's convenient to have all of these functions in one place as opposed to going into each social platform natively and performing these tasks.

Sprout Social review by Corinne J.
Corinne J.

"Great Social Tool For Fast Scheduling "

What do you like best?

I used Sprout at a former workplace that was a small to medium sized bank. Since we were held to a certain standard with compliance and audit I loved the Manger approvals function. We had the ability to go in and make sure the posts our Interns were scheduling were accurate before actually getting posted to our brand pages. Which, honestly saved so much time.

What do you dislike?

As always, instagram scheduling is a bit wonky, but then again.. that is the way Instagram is. So you can still schedule instagram with the calendar view (which is great), but I wish there was a way for sprout to post directly to that channel. It would make life so much easier (especially on holidays, when as a social media manager, you're always working.. you might forget to post!) I also felt that the social monitoring could be a bit better. We relied heavily on the native channels for that for that reason. At the time that we used Sprout, they only offered Twitter for social monitoring and I really could have benefited from having a better listening tool. Also, the competitive analysis could have been better overall. They only offered top KPIs for each competitor and we could have used a bit more information in this area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great tool. Honestly! It has everything you'd need to get your organic posts scheduled and reviewed. Before I left, they even redid their analytics and we relied heavily on them. It was great having a central location where all things social lived, without having to login to each native channel at a time.

The ability to schedule our organic social content in advance, so that they are timely and engaging. To see when and how often we were posting.

Sprout Social review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"Sprout makes account management a breeze!"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to schedule posts for multiple accounts from one interface - especially if I want them to say the same thing. Scheduling makes my life much easier.

What do you dislike?

I think the interface is somewhat clunky to use at first, it's not very intuitive. However now that I've used it for a while I know where key sections are.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend Sprout Social to people managing executive accounts or multiple accounts that need to be automated. It makes it very easy to schedule posts from multiple accounts and choose key timings.

I manage an executive's social media presence and Sprout Social allows me to schedule his posts and see their impact. The analytics from Sprout on audiences for posts from each account is very helpful in figuring out what types of content to post.

Sprout Social review by Taylor S.
Taylor S.

"Sprout Social Review"

What do you like best?

I love the analytics that Sprout provides. They are visually pleasing and it is easy to find your information all in one place. I also really enjoy the way in which you can see all of your incoming messages. It is very cool how you can see the individual's account that has interacted with you.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the publishing feature. It is hard to navigate through and it has led me to utilize other platforms, instead of Sprout, because of this. Other than that, I really enjoy using Sprout and think that it is a very good social media management tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pretty user-friendly; good for beginners getting the grasp of social media and has some neat features that allow for automatic posting.

We are able to better understand our audiences and to better target various ad campaigns. Also, it has helped us to better communicate with our followers, influencers, etc. via the platform. The visual aesthetics of Sprout are very impressive.

Sprout Social review by Jennifer B.
Jennifer B.

"Sprout Social will be the right tool for some businesses"

What do you like best?

Well-organized dashboard. Of the features Sprout Social offers, the way it organizes information is the most advantageous. It, separates subject matter into six distinct areas: Messages, Tasks, Feeds, Publishing, Discovery, and Reports.

What do you dislike?

Sprout Social limits user access to four social networks: Twitter, Facebook, Google+ page, LinkedIn and a single Feedly RSS reader account. The platform does not integrate with Pinterest or Instagram. This is unfortunate given the growth of visually oriented networks. That paired with the extremely high cost are the biggest cons.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Look at your goals for social media, and how a software plan would fit into that. If you're looking for conversation and engagement management, or maybe you're just looking for analytics and scheduling. There are a lot of options out there that are a little more cost-friendly and can still help you achieve your goals. If cost is not a large issue, Sprout Social is a great platform with great customer service.

We are utilizing the ability to monitor relevant conversations, giving us the ability to never miss an opportunity to engage with our demographic at key moments.

Sprout Social review by User in Computer Software

"Collaborative Social Management and Impression Tracking"

What do you like best?

Sprout is a fantastic all-in-one tool for running various campaigns simultaneously. Because several members of my time end up editing and checking one another's work, Sprout makes this incredibly easy via its scheduling mechanism. The platform also makes it easy for us to get a sense of where most of our impressions come from (Twitter, in our case) and let's us look at how are closest competitors are faring on all the major social platforms.

What do you dislike?

Certain elements of the GUI can be a little difficult to keep track of -- there's a LOT going on, and occasionally I find myself forgetting where to find tools. Even after ample experience with the platform, this still happens at least once or twice a week. This is partially due to the fact that there is simply a lot to do on Sprout, but I think nesting some of the analytics menus under broader categories (e.g., everything Twitter, everything Facebook, etc) might make the interface more intuitive.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small-ish startup like us that's looking to have an outsize impression on social media, Sprout is a great way to maximize return on the time you're putting into social. We've seen a huge uptick in overall impressions since we started integrating Sprout with our leadership teams' accounts, and it's a good way to make sure the many diverse voices within your organization are getting their names out into the ether.

Sprout really powers how we approach social media - before we started using managed software, most of our social was simply guesswork. With Sprout, we get great data on how our posts are performing in both an objective sense and relative to our competitors. Sprout is especially useful for managing the Twitter accounts of several of our staff, particularly when at major events or conferences. With Sprout, we've seen major improvement in a number of our key publishing metrics.

Sprout Social review by Sabrina R.
Sabrina R.

"Streamlined, Efficient, and Central to What We Do!"

What do you like best?

User friendly, efficient, clean layout. This product is simple to use and reduces the amount of time spent switching between different applications and their native layouts. As an agency, this allows us to file all of our clients into folders for their own company, keeping all accounts separate.

What do you dislike?

No export feature for publishing calendar, which is just about the only thing I can fault them for right now. I am told a solution is on the way, but it's unclear when it will be done. This is frustrating for me because some of our clients need to see our publishing calendar for the next week and approve it, which they can't do since they are not Sprout users themselves.

Sprout enables us to generate reports for our clients that clearly demonstrate the effects of our social media campaigns without having to switch between native applications. As a small agency, we manage accounts for a number of clients, and Sprout makes it simple to switch between these clients throughout the day to check on their accounts, making my workflow as social media specialist streamlined and easy. The reports Sprout generates show all the information our clients are interested in with a presentation ready format, and on top of all of that, Sprout support is incredibly responsive and helpful whenever there's an issue. We get answers when we need them, which is incredibly valuable in a fast-paced setting like social media.

Sprout Social review by Michelle L.
Michelle L.

"Best product at this price point"

What do you like best?

A user-friendly interface that allows for convenient at-a-glace scheduling of posts, quick exporting of both owned and competitor reporting and content creation tools.

What do you dislike?

Cost for team features becomes a bit high, currently only using at a more minimal level with added profiles. Reporting becomes even more extensive or customizable if you opt for more expensive tiers of the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get beyond the basic level of HootSuite, it is worth paying the slightly higher rate for Sprout Social even if only for the reporting, which is fabulous. The customer service is also top notch compared to other products I trialed in this area.

Excellent reporting on social media activity and competitors. Helps our business and clients stay ahead of trends, benchmark and plan. In addition, excellent visually-driven scheduling features help with keeping social media feeds full of posts.

Sprout Social review by Rachel N.
Rachel N.

"The perfect platform for beginners and experts"

What do you like best?

Sprout social is very user friendly and intuitive. The system works naturally with your workflow, and has an abundance of features that allows you to work almost entirely in Sprout Social.

What do you dislike?

The only things I dislike so far are minor. There is a small glitch to where if you type in the schedule time, the numbers flash, but this doesn't happen if you scroll through the numbers. One other thing I dislike is that in the smart inbox does not tell you if your page is mentioned in a post.

Sprout's Smart Inbox has made monitoring all of my pages and platforms so easy, and leaves me certain that I have reviewed all messages and interactions my pages have received. The approval process in Sprout has made communication with my clients 10 times easier through their ability to quickly approve all content, in it's latest versions, in one place, or to leave comments or suggestions.

Sprout Social review by Christina S.
Christina S.

"Great Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is a great tool to use for social media management and social listening. My favorite part about Sprout Social is the combined social messaging inbox. This inbox allows me to easily see all of the incoming engagement from multiple social media sources and respond to each one from a centralized location. The centralized messaging inbox also allows me to better keep track of messages that still need response. If something happens over the weekend that I don't respond to, it is easy to pick back up where I left off on Monday without missing any messages.

What do you dislike?

The functionality of the mobile site on Android is awful. I've used it on iOS and it is much better on iOS. On Android devices, my centralized inbox settings keep resetting to a random default setting so I am constantly having to change the settings so that I can see the messages I need to see. It's not a deal breaker but it sure is inconvenient. Additionally, the ability to send images in response to people is also pretty limited within the Sprout Social platform. If I need to send an image to a private Facebook message, I can't do it through Sprout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It really is a great tool for social media management, if you can afford the cost.

Sprout Social makes it easy to keep up with responding to customer complaints. It also centralizes my job and makes my day to day tasks much quicker and easier to accomplish.

Sprout Social review by Tomoaki Y.
Tomoaki Y.

"Solid Social Media Management Platforms"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is a great tool for social listening and social reporting. It provides great data to base future decisions. Integration of social profiles is incredibly easy and the UI/UX is very clean and easy to understand.

What do you dislike?

They have limited filtering capabilities. They dashboard is rather hard to read as they lack a side by side streams. It's rather difficult to track social customer support interactions as you can't track which mentions/comments you have responded to or not.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a solid platform, but not sure if there are enough unique features and advantages to really outweigh this option overs others like Sprinklr or Hootsuite. The reporting features are without a doubt the best aspect of this platform.

Social Reporting, social monitoring, social listening and customer social support. We found the reporting aspects to be the most beneficial as they provided us with adequate data to make analyses and future decisions based on the metrics. The social management aspect was beneficial as well as the entire team could follow the social calendar and monitor social activity from our corporate accounts.

Sprout Social review by User

"Inexpensive, Full-Featured"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is an inexpensive but fully-featured social management tool that supports your digital communications with strong analytics reporting, easy and simple social media post scheduling across multiple platforms, and multi-account functionality. It is by far the easiest to use of any of the softwares we tested, and performs superior to better-branded competitors in many categories.

What do you dislike?

Lacks speedy updates: for example, when Twitter increased to 280 characters, an update was slow to come. Still has lower attachment limits than the social platforms themselves do, which gets annoying when trying to upload a, say, 5mb photograph. As with many social analytics platforms, this one lacks nuance and solid explanations of where the numbers are coming from. It's also lost connection a couple times with my account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you'll love it. They have non-profit discounts and a fantastic customer acquisitions team. They have really good functionality spread across a number of social management functions. Take the dive and you won't regret it.

We schedule social media through Sprout Social routinely, particularly over weekends, holidays, and off-hour times. Much of my reporting on overall social metrics comes through Sprout as well.

Sprout Social review by Lauren E.
Lauren E.

"Social Super Hero"

What do you like best?

The amount of information Sprout Social can provide is amazing!! I love how much information it provides from engagement to analytics, it's fantastic. The analytics are broken down in to super simple terms with graphs and charts, which makes it a great addition any information you would be providing a client on their monthly progress.

What do you dislike?

The lack of ability to post to more visual platforms like YouTube and Pinterest. While it's not a HUGE issue, for some clients who really like to focus on videos to have published to their website on the weekend, this falls through. Sometimes it does get a tad confusing switching between streams in "Discover" and "Feeds". Also I've had issues where it will schedule something to the wrong page or not schedule anything at all. There are times where social platforms disconnect without any notification. It is also relatively expensive to add a new admin.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend! It's super helpful when it comes time to show client progress with it's ability to measure with graphs and charts. It's super easy to understand looking at the information they provide. My clients normally asked for a print out version of the charts because it's a lot easier to understand.

Handling over 80+ clients by my self, it is truly efficient with being able to post to multiple accounts, multiple times a day without logging in and out of every account. It makes it a very smooth day being able to schedule everything for the week or month and handle other tasks making my day fairly efficient. It helps a lot with posting to Google+ and helping to keep SEO visibility up.

Sprout Social review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Sprout Social - A Truly All-In-One Social Media Management Solution "

What do you like best?

- Reporting is beautiful and detailed and constantly upgraded to feature more metrics, filters and organization options.

- Super easy to schedule posts with lots of options for various channels

- Support is always quick, helpful and thorough

- Great social listening tools

- Ability to manage a lot of clients with ease

- Ability to brand reports, so simple to export

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything that I dislike, but I would love to have the following options:

- Ability to schedule boosted posts on Facebook

- Reporting to include results of boosted Facebook posts and Facebook Ads

- Google+ report

- Pinterest scheduling and reporting

- Saved a ton of time managing all our clients in one place, not having to log in and out of multiple accounts

- Saved a ton of time generating reports, with the group report feature, date range option and ability to brand the reports

- Saved a lot of money by having an affordable option for high-quality reports and scheduling and ability to easily switch between clients to monitor. We handle a lot of small businesses and our clients love the reports, they are very easy to understand and very visually appealing

Sprout Social review by Kimberly S.
Kimberly S.

"Fave Social Media Application - Love Sprout!"

What do you like best?

The interface is so friendly and there seem to be less hiccups than with other similar services. Scheduling to multiple streams is a must and Sprout makes it easy. Reporting is impressive and easy to interpret for clients.

What do you dislike?

I have had to email support twice when the reporting history for my social streams was blank - it was an programming error on their end and they were able to correct asap. It was a problem, but quickly resolved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Highly recommend over others based on interface and reporting.

I currently manage over 20 social media streams with Sprout and the ability to do this easily has streamlined my social media services and allowed me to do more in less time. The reporting is quite impressive as well.

Sprout Social review by User

"The best of social media and CRM"

What do you like best?

I love that sprout is more thank just a social media publishing platform. The all in one inbox is awesome and with extensive tagging and analytics it enables me to manage social customer service and relationship management all in one!

What do you dislike?

I dislike like that photos uploaded to a post do not automatically uploaded to the asset library. I have enterprise version and this would save me a lot of time (literally 2x upload if I am composing a post first then realize the visual asset would be good to leverage ongoing).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout's tools and road-map for future features is fantastic. I researched over 25 options myself and Sprout offers the right mix for my current business needs.

Business problems solved = social media publishing and analytics are all-in-one including cross-platform reporting. No need for separate social crm. Saves me tons of time and reporting capabilities are greater than those in each native social media platform.

Sprout Social review by Kate M.
Kate M.

"Sprout Social offers seamless content publishing and robust analytics"

What do you like best?

Sprout offers an aesthetically pleasing, easy-to-use interface that allows our team to easily schedule and publish content through a simple workflow approval system. In addition, Sprout's analytics offerings give us insights into our content performance across social channels while their customizable tags help us determine which types of content work best for our brand.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing to dislike so far. Sprout Social has met our expectations for a social media management platform.

We have been able to gain deeper insights into the types of content that perform best for us. It has also allowed us to ensure we stay on brand and only release quality social copy with their "Need Approval" feature for scheduled posts.

Sprout Social review by Thomas D.
Thomas D.

"Sprout takes the hassle out of social marketing"

What do you like best?

- The ability to see all messages, from multiple networks and searches in one inbox

- The scheduling calendar and the ability to see everything easily for the weeks and months ahead

- The responsiveness of support

- The clean design which means I can download clear reports and just forward on

- Chrome plugin is great too

What do you dislike?

- There are a few bugs, as with any growing platform trying to keep up with all the social network changes

- Would be good to have YouTube added

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for a free trial - they are super helpful and you have no obligation to sign up (although I'm sure you will).

Time saving - scheduling, reporting, responding is super simple. In the future this will be easy to roll out to colleagues with good message approval workflows.

Sprout Social review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"Not bad, but need to add on extras to get the most of it!"

What do you like best?

One of my favorite features is the listening option. You need to pay extra for this, but it is AMAZING!

What do you dislike?

It can be a bit confusing, it doesn't have the best interface, but it isn't terrible. Keep in mind I've grown up with technology. For somebody not as experienced it would be a headache.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great affordable option and has amazing features that can really help with social media. It is nice to have everything all in one dashboard. It is especially nice now that you can have it post to instagram for you! When they changed instagram, it did not allow third party apps to post for you. However with that new change it is everything you could need!

Scheduling posts and being able to have it do social listening for us!

Sprout Social review by Henry K.
Henry K.

"I use sprout on a daily basis to monitor multiple social media accounts as well as analytics. "

What do you like best?

The user interface is incredible easy to learn and streamlines the process of monitoring various accounts across multiple platforms. The interface itself puts everything you need right in front of you so that you never miss a message, retweet, or any other type of interaction. I would also say that they way the reports are set up makes it easy to understand what is happening across our accounts on each individual site or our audience as a whole.

What do you dislike?

There is a slight learning curve at the beginning and at time, I find myself lost in trying to view a profile or look at an interaction. It seems like it would just be a simple click but instead it's a menu and then the ability to click on profiles is achieved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to monitor across multiple social media platforms, engage with your audience, and enable yourself to see growth across your accounts, I would highly recommend Sprout to anyone looking to do any of the above mentioned.

Increasing our interaction with students and potential students so that they feel that administration is a simply message away. Sprout has increased our ability to interact with students and by doing it creates a sense of family instead of an administration and student relationship.

Sprout Social review by Alexandra P.
Alexandra P.

"Love SproutSocial!"

What do you like best?

SproutSocial has amazing functionality for the price. I love the user interface, the reports are extensive, and it's extremely easy to understand things on your own. They also have a great blog with tips and tricks should you need it!

What do you dislike?

I would love to see notifications about likes on Twitter. You'll get alerted for new followers and retweets, and they do have likes in the sent report, but it would be great to have that option.

I am a one person marketing team and need to manage our social media presence across all of our channels. This is a great option for smaller teams looking to engage with their followers.

Sprout Social review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Everything You Need for Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

I can't think of a feature that I'm lacking with Sprout. They're easy to use, and offer exactly what I need for managing multiple small/local business' on Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+ and LinkedIn. It's so easy to use and navigate. I'm glad Sprout Social exists!

What do you dislike?

They're app sometimes gets confused, but I can always get to what I need in a few tries. I usually use this platform on a desktop, but, because of Instagram's strict rules, the actual sending of Instagram posts (not the scheduling) must be done on a phone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take the time to set up Instagram posting with them through your mobile phone. It's such a time saver!

We have several social media clients that use multiple types of social media. This allows our two-person Social Media Team to stay organized, keep a paper trail, and send knowledgeable reporting to our clients.

Sprout allows us to jump from one client to the next, as well as one social media platform to the next. It's so nice having all social media content and information in one well-organized dashboard.

Sprout Social review by Homer G.
Homer G.

"Great tool, great insights, user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love the new app—it really helps me schedule, monitor posts while on the go.

What do you dislike?

I wish we didn't have to pay to have more users access it at the same time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend this tool because it's easy to use and it provides a ton of really helpful insights to help monitor engagement on your profiles and interact with your followers. It's a lot easier to see all your pages in one window that having multiple tabs open on your computer. The app is also another cool bonus because it helps monitor and post anything while I'm out of the office.

It's easy to reply to customer feedback/questions/complaints/suggestions/etc.

Sprout Social review by Kate B.
Kate B.

"My go-to product!"

What do you like best?

I love Sprout Social! After multiple rounds with multiple companies, my nonprofit had yet to find a product that would allow us to both schedule and analyze content easily, effectively, and inexpensively. Everything we found seemed to offer too many bells and whistles for too high a price, without allowing us to easily access the basics that a smaller organization like our needs.

Enter Sprout Social, which has a great nonprofit rate and offers exactly what we'd been looking for. I use it to schedule Twitter content for four different organizational accounts and to analyze that content's effectiveness, sometimes on a very basic level (such as when reporting out to org execs) and on a deeper level (when trying, with my communications team, to figure out what performs best and how to package future content).

Sprout Social is incredibly easy to use and for the rare times when it's not, or when something goes glitchy, the company's staff is easy to reach, friendly, and helpful. They also offer an app that helps me keep track of my work accounts on the go, both on-site at events and in my everyday life when I want to keep an eye on our work without sitting down at a laptop and going full bore on the weekends. I can't recommend Sprout Social highly enough.

What do you dislike?

I've had a few issues with the Sprout Social app, which for awhile just straight-up didn't work. I contacted the Sprout Social staff, who were friendly and helpful, but unfortunately, it was a slow fix that kept me from being able to use the app on the go for quite awhile at a time in our organizational life when it was very much needed. I have since experienced on an off issues with the app, though never with the site itself.

I look forward to future developments, like being able to directly schedule Instagram posts and being able to tag other users in images posted to Twitter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sign up for the company's free trail period, during which you'll have full access to the full range of Sprout Social offerings, including customer service assistance and feedback from its staff. This is a great way to figure out if the product is for you and to glean initial analysis of your social media content performance.

We use Sprout Social schedule Twitter content for four different organizational accounts and to analyze that content's effectiveness, sometimes on a very basic level (such as when reporting out to org execs) and on a deeper level (when trying, with my communications team, to figure out what performs best and how to package future content).

Sprout Social review by Amanda H.
Amanda H.

"Sprout Social Solved Our Social Media Problems"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is an amazing product, and we have absolutely loved having it. However, what sets Sprout above everyone else is their customer service. Ian is absolutely awesome to work with - he responds nearly immediately to any questions or issues we may have. As a company, Sprout is proactive with their communications, constantly letting us know what's coming down the pipeline and diligently working to implement any suggested changes/improvements we have.

What do you dislike?

Truly, our only complaints are about Sprout's limitations, which are set by the social platforms themselves. For example, we want to be able to schedule Instagram posts ahead of time. However, Instagram doesn't allow that, so we can't do it through Sprout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are managing multiple pages/accounts, Sprout is the way to go. They literally save us hours of time daily. Their dashboards are wonderful, and their product is extremely easy and intuitive to use. The analytics available are also helpful in tracking campaign efforts and competitor sentiment. Further, their customer service sets the bar.

Sprout Social allows us to funnel all of our social media interactions into one central folder, including search and response. This makes monitoring for multiple pages per client a breeze. Additionally, the ability to customize link preview images and text for posts that we schedule through Sprout keeps us from having to schedule natively. This allows us to schedule a month's worth of content quickly and efficiently.

Sprout Social review by Madison L.
Madison L.

"Sprout Social Excels in Reporting Functionality"

What do you like best?

The reporting functionality of SproutSocial is why our organizations decided to make the switch. They provide you with detailed metrics, a downloadable analytics dashboard, and give you the insight you need to make smarter social decisions.

What do you dislike?

The Feed Page of SproutSoical is not the best. Would prefer them to take an approach more like Hootsuite and allow for multiple streams and list capabilities. Easier navigation would be helpful when you are trying to keep up with the fast pace of social feeds.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start off using the trial, explore all functionalities, explore their webinars, and utilize customer support to ask questions and gain all the facts before deciding.

We are trying to increase our social presence and come up with a more comprehensive strategy for posting and utilizing each channel. Again the reporting functionality is the main reason we use Sprout, as it gives us the information, direction and flexibility we need to collect and report out on the data.

Sprout Social review by Kira K.
Kira K.

"A comprehensive suite that keeps up with changing trends"

What do you like best?

We started using Sprout Social primarily for the ZenDesk integration, and since a lot of our users go to Twitter for help or with questions, it makes it easy for us to flag issues that our support team can then address with all the context they need. I'm also very happy with the new reporting styles they've rolled out.

What do you dislike?

I still require other programs for a lot of social media management, such as Meet Edgar to recycle scheduled content, Iconosquare for more in-depth Instagram trends and analytics, and CrowdFire to manage Twitter followers. For its cost, I would love to see Sprout Social continue to add smaller features. My favorite thing about the tool is that so much functionality is in one place, but they could up their competitive edge by building a few of these smaller tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool if you manage several different accounts and require a lot of social listening or a customer support integration—their ZenDesk integration is the best! Also great if you're going to run weekly and monthly reports and care a lot about analytics.

I rely on Sprout Social for almost all our reporting and analytics, and the Google UTM integration saves me a lot of time when scheduling one-off posts (we still use Meet Edgar for the bulk of our content scheduling). Sprout Social is clean, has great support, and is easy to maneuver. It's a great listening tool and the sort by function (search by keywords or hashtags) is especially useful—no other program has as good search/sort capability for Twitter.

Sprout Social review by User in Performing Arts
User in Performing Arts

"Best social media management tool I've ever used"

What do you like best?

Sprout is incredibly user-friendly and their customer service is amazing. I have never been disappointed, it has always been easy to make inquiries and learn how to use new features. I especially love their report features.

What do you dislike?

My dashboard of received messages doesn't clear quite often, even after I have checked off the messages. However, any time I have used Live Chat to fix this problem, it is solved in minutes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You won't be disappointed, and you won't want to leave!

With a small marketing team of only 3 people, Sprout's easy scheduling made a huge difference in terms of time-saving.

The report system is so succinct and has allowed us to track and analyze month-to-month and adjust our strategies accordingly.

It's great to be able to track key words, especially when people mention our company but don't tag us.

Sprout Social review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"A fantastic platform - so easy to be social"

What do you like best?

I'm a Social Media Manager for a digital agency and we currently have around 30 clients, each with several different social platforms that we post to and engage with daily. The Sprout platform is so easy to use and allows me to manage all of our client accounts in one place!

What do you dislike?

There's very little I dislike, but if I had to say something it would be that there's so many great tools that I sometimes get a little bit distracted by the cool new tools we could be implementing for our clients.

If we didn't have Sprout, we would have to hire a lot more people to manage all the accounts as it would be a lot more time consuming. We find it helps our social team collaborate seamlessly too as we know who's handling what and who. Sprout also helps our clients better understand what we do and allows us to communicate more effectively.

Sprout Social review by Cephas T.
Cephas T.

"Sprout Social Makes It Effortless To Manage Your Digital Marketing From One Place"

What do you like best?

Sproutsocial does a great job of making it easy to plan all your media from pictures to gifs. Plus, it does a great job of showing you exactly how things will rollout across all of your platforms. In tandem with IFTTT this program is a must have for agencies. The reporting is also top notch!

What do you dislike?

The only complaint was that Instagram and LinkedIn were wonky when it came to posting from time to time and having to reverify your account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have the ability as an agency to pass some of the cost of sprout social to your client it is a no brainer to implement it into your digital marketing strategy. It integrates with most social media platforms on the market and has a ton of features that help you plan and stay ahead of the marketing battle.

Having the ability to view and analyze performance across multiple platforms including statistics from google analytics was the issue that we used sprout social to solve. It gave me a more transparent picture of campaign performance. I was able to see what platforms interacted with content the best and it gave me the ability to see what content drove traffic to our website.

Sprout Social review by Cait K.
Cait K.

"Perfect tool for a social media manager "

What do you like best?

This tool is so easy to use. As a new community manager, I was able to easily learn the ropes and get to work quickly. They also offer awesome training tutorials to ramp up. Integrating with Feedly alone saves me so much time!

What do you dislike?

I wish the tagging feature was included in the basic plan. As a single user team, the corporate plan doesn't make sense, but it would make tracking verticles a breeze!

Managing social channels is time-consuming. Sprout helps make scheduling posts and tracking engagement easy. I love the pre-baked reports that make optimization relatively painless - i can get quick insights on what is performing and how well.

Sprout Social review by Cassidy G.
Cassidy G.

"Sprout Social is a Social Media Marketer's Best Friend "

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is hands down the best platform I've used for scheduling, publishing, and monitoring social media content. My favorite aspect is that when scheduling content, I am able to see on a digital calendar which days I've already scheduled posts for (via a small green dot). This may sound like a minor feature, but it's extremely handy when trying to create content for every day of the week. We've had issues with other similar platforms having glitches, but so far, I've had no issues with Sprout. Monitoring is a breeze, and I can easily check (or uncheck) which social networks I want to see responses and messages from. We also have keywords entered into the system, therefore we can monitor what users are saying about us across the full spectrum of social media networks. The social analytic reports are helpful, and I no longer have to enter analytics into a spreadsheet by hand.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that comes to mind. I've been pleased with all aspects of Sprout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a great necessity for those looking to stay on top of their social media "game." I would definitely recommend sprout to all businesses who want to be a step ahead in the social media sphere.

With other similar platforms, we've had issues of "double posting" because of their layouts. I don't believe we have had that happen once since using Sprout. One of the major benefits is just constantly being aware of what everyone is saying about us. I'm constantly refreshing the "messages" stream throughout the workday, so I can stay aware of public opinion. Essentially, Sprout has made it easier to not "miss" any important criticisms or praises from the public.

Sprout Social review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Sprout Social-Marketing platform"

What do you like best?

I like the reports that analyze the results and show you improvements from the last period. And also the demographics of your following.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the glitches that occur sometimes with the pictures that are uploaded and they will go upside down or appear black and post wrong. I also dislike that the website is not user friendly and you have to search extensively for reports or for scheduled posts. The calendar that shows what you have scheduled could also be improved.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read instructions and watch videos on how to use it first.

I am using this to schedule social media posts. The benefits are that you can do this in the beginning of the week and not worry about posting later. This also shows you results and analytics.

Sprout Social review by Janelle P.
Janelle P.

"Sprout Social - makes things simple and easy!"

What do you like best?

I really like the capability to schedule identical posts for numerous days at one time. They are identical, so there's no reason I should need to create separate posts for them, so I really appreciate that. I also enjoy how you can edit the title of the link; sometimes you need to add in punctuation. It makes it seamless to post across multiple platforms at one time, also.

What do you dislike?

I have a few times pressed 'schedule' or 'send' and then it simply disappears (doesn't schedule or go anywhere) so I have to re-create the post. The hyperlinks never show up properly on Twitter, too. (they just simple don't display; just the text does)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow links to transfer over to Twitter better and make sure no posts go 'poof' and disappear after you've spent some time crafting the verbiage, set up the link, scheduled for the right time(s), etc.

Social media scheduling / content creation

Sprout Social review by Estefania d.
Estefania d.

"Sprout is an efficient Social Media Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to upload video and galleries for Instagram -- something I was unable to do with other tools I was testing out.

What do you dislike?

The weekly calendar view is the worst and extremely hard to navigate. It is so confusing especially as you keep on scheduling content. I stick to using the list or monthly view. Also, the smart inbox is not my favorite thing. I would rather have messages organized by platform than in a unified timeline.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Disregard the weekly view tab. The calendar and monthly views are your best friends! And make sure to set up your smart inbox to also include keywords such as your business for better social listening.

I've been able to more efficiently manage content I need to schedule ahead of time and it has allowed more social listening than what I was able to do before. It is a more powerful tool than the platforms themselves because I can see everything I have laid out.

Sprout Social review by User in Civic & Social Organization
User in Civic & Social Organization

"SproutSocial: Great for scheduling & tracking social content"

What do you like best?

I love how easily we can schedule content across different accounts and platforms. The reporting is also great, and very helpful in showing the reach and importance of social media work.

What do you dislike?

The cost is high, and if you have a single account for a team then as soon as one person signs in, anyone else who was signed in is kicked out. Can get frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can afford it, get one account for each member of your social media team. If you have a team account, make clear rules for what happens when someone kicks someone else out by signing in.

It allows us to schedule our social content out and show performance for specific content. This has been especially useful when we have a day of action or a hashtag that we're pushing over a limited period of time. It makes it easy to get reports on how your content is performing.

Sprout Social review by Administrator in Newspapers
Administrator in Newspapers

"I learned Sprout's no-nonsense program without any training or tutorial -- so intuitive! "

What do you like best?

I love the ease of using the calendar feature under the publishing menu to quickly filter between what I've got scheduled on various platforms. It's such an easy way to visualize what's going where.

What do you dislike?

A few quirks -- I think the "sent messages" feature could be improved. For example, when I'm wanting to re-post a popular post, Sprout attaches to it the content tag used on the most recently scheduled post, not the tag originally attached to the post.

I'd love a feature that helps me figure out the best times to post, too -- I don't know of anything about that now. I also previously used Buffer as a scheduler prior to Sprout and preferred the way that program allowed me to "drag" around scheduled posts to fit different, predetermined time slots.

Sprout has streamlined the workflow between our editorial and marketing departments and has been a huge time-saver allowing me to flip between posting between networks seamlessly.

Sprout Social review by User in Higher Education

"Great Social Management System"

What do you like best?

I love that it tracks all posts, not just the ones made in the system. It allows us to have a much better analysis of what we are doing. With many people running our sites, we need to be able to manage and assess all of the options.

What do you dislike?

I wish I could access the reports on the app.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great service to use if you are beginning your combined social efforts or are a veteran. We have always had the support when needed. Just be smart, as I believe it is a pay by user, if you don't need everyone to have access, don't give it.

We are solving the problems of planning social, analysis for all social post, and group input. I love that we can work as a group, see what the team is doing and then make informed decisions on how to move forward. We don't have to balance reports from individual sites, we can choose to or collective.

Sprout Social review by Haley H.
Haley H.

"Love Love Love"

What do you like best?

I like that I can have so many different accounts hooked up to sprout. It really is easy to manage and I also love the stats it provides me. Super helpful when creating a report. We also have a lot of different types of accounts as far as instagram, Facebook, multiple twitter accounts, and what is nice is that I can manage it all in one place on sprout!

What do you dislike?

I wish that I could tag Facebook pages from Sprout. The feature exist but doesn't always work very well and I feel that it could use an update. I also wish that the analytics provided were more accurate. Sometimes I can't get analytics on all of my accounts and it makes creating reports a bit more difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have more than 3 social media accounts you need to manage I highly recommend getting sprout!

We are solving the problem that it takes way too much time to go into each social media platform one by one and send out the content we need to. The benefits are obviously that I can send everything from one place!

Sprout Social review by Tara W.
Tara W.

"Love Sprout Social!"

What do you like best?

There are several things that I like best about Sprout, but mostly the ability to publish or schedule content to multiple channels including Instagram, and the RSS feed which provides me truly applicable content to my industry (this is an area that I have experienced shortcomings with the other service I previously used.) I am a one-woman show for my employer, so time doesn't allow me to dig into the analytics and reports as much as I'd like, but when I do have the time, I love them! They are really insightful!

What do you dislike?

I had to give this some thought because nothing easily came to mind. I think maybe some follow-up training to help me use more aspects of the app, and use it more efficiently.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social will help you effectively manage your brand, while costing less some other options. Yes, it is more money than some other options, too, but those less expensive options will not give you the power that Sprout Social will. For us, it was a perfect balance.

Finding applicable content for Twitter, publishing to multiple channels effectively, finding industry leaders to engage with, tracking interactions with our followers (which is huge).

Sprout Social review by Bradley C.
Bradley C.

"My favorite social media management app"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is well designed and offers nearly every feature I could possible ask for. With analytics, scheduling, inbox management and more, this app is pretty much a one stop shop. I also really appreciate how Sprout offers resources like their webinars and social media image size guide. They clearly want to be a greta resource for their customers.

What do you dislike?

I would love it if it were easier to keep track of competitors in the app. Other than that, I can't think of a single issues. I am a big fan of Sprout Social.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start using Sprout Social now! You can begin with a free trial if the cost is a concern for you but trust me, you get what you pay for. Many social media management apps are free but the different in quality is noticeable. This product makes scheduling a breeze, makes reporting easy enough for your boss to understand and comes with a fantastic mobile app for management on the go. Stop searching and start using Sprout Social.

Social media analytics, scheduling, learning resources, reporting, social media tasks. It is as close to a one stop shop as I have experienced. I have Sprout Social open in my browser 24/7 and use it constantly.

Sprout Social review by Alan V.
Alan V.

"Great social media tool for manage social networks"

What do you like best?

I really like Sproutsocial and its simplicity to use it. Everyone can use it and learn how to in a few minutes. The support that it has to different social networks is really useful: Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, Google+, LinkedIn.

The reports are practically a reader from the insights or analytics from the social networks, so if you don't want to download the .csv file, you can access or validate through Sproutsocial except for Google+ you don't have report for that social network.

Also de Viral Post and the Queue scheduler is very useful to plan all your content. The new calendar is wonderful.

All the interface for answer, schedule and watch the reports are great.

What do you dislike?

I like the poor support for spanish language and the metrics for the engagement report. Because only counts messages which are questions like how, when, where (cómo, cuándo, dónde) and includes a "?". For example if you receive more than 10K comments, Sproutsocial doesn't take all of them only a few, so if you want to know the right response rate, maybe you're missing a lot of other comments that could be a question answered by your team.

But this is my experience using Sproutsocial for customer support in spanish.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is great to do daily work: schedule content and answer comments through a great interface. If you're looking better metrics about social customer support platform for spanish language, this is not your option.

Organization

Best communication through the Social Customer Service team

Quick reports (not deep reports)

Sprout Social review by Agency in Marketing and Advertising
Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Solid social manager for startups and SMBs"

What do you like best?

Sprout is easy on the eyes and intuitive. They've included some great features beyond basic scheduling and moderation like color-coding accounts by follower count so you can quickly see if someone interacting with you is a potential influencer. Drafting and rescheduling posts is a breeze, you'll need a Premium account or above to access the great Optimal Timing Queue feature.

What do you dislike?

I can save messages but not add them to folders/buckets based on a chosen topic. They apparently allow this in the enterprise tier but not on the standard or premium. There is a lot of variation in company size between the tiers and I think they should be more flexible with a la carte options for features like this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get as high-tier a plan as you can afford and sign up for their webinar workshops!

Managing a growing fanbase with efficient drafting, scheduling, community management, and reporting all in one place.

Sprout Social review by Agency
Agency

"Sprout Saves So Much Time"

What do you like best?

I balance a large portfolio of clients, and scheduling social media posts is a large part of what I do everyday. The Sprout Social interface is simple, easy-to-use, and I can easily switch between clients. We've used other programs in the past and have experienced a lot of issues. In the past 3 months we haven't experienced a single issue with Sprout!

What do you dislike?

I frequently post articles and reports to personal LinkedIn pages, and I unfortunately can't get reports on these pages from Sprout. Fingers crossed that this is coming soon!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend Sprout.

We needed a publishing platform that consistently worked (check!) and generates clear, easy-to-understand reports (check!) Our team has saved some time and elbow grease as well :)

Sprout Social review by Isheeta S.