Sprout Social

Sprout Social

Sprout Social is a leading social media management software that provides engagement, publishing, analytics and team collaboration tools.

Work for Sprout Social?

Learning about Sprout Social?

Sprout Social Reviews

Showing 725 Sprout Social reviews
Sprout Social review by <span>Jocelyn P.</span>
Jocelyn P.

"4 Year Experience with Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

Sprout Social is easy to use. We've stuck with it because it is very easy to draft posts across platforms and attach media files. It is easy to reply and view posts that mention our client directly from the interface.

What do you dislike?

It is VERY pricey for what you receive. They provided limited customer service and are totally unhelpful when there are issues with any of the integration issues for the platforms. We also had an issue with them overcharging us for a service they've discontinued. It is painful to get anything resolved and phone support is only available at a premium price. We are looking for a replacement because it seems like given the services we receive it just too expense.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social has changed a lot over the last 4 years. They used to be very focused on all their customers. It seems like they no longer pay attention to smaller clients even though we pay over $7,200 a year. We haven't seen a lot of improvements in our service. Most of the changes have been for very large teams that don't apply to our account.

We are digital marketing agency focused on the technology sector. B2B social media is very important. Sprout Social enables us to create dynamic posts across channels and monitor engagement with followers.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sprout Social
Sprout Social review by <span>Erin S.</span>
Erin S.

"Solid tool for an affordable price"

What do you like best?

The smart inbox has been a gamechanger for our workflow. It's extremely valuable to have all our notifications, mentions, messages using VIP keywords all pulled into one simple feed. We feel confident we're addressing important issues and not missing any threats or opportunities.

What do you dislike?

It's a little clunky when it comes to content discovery. We supplement Sprout with Tweetdeck and a few other tools to help us find content that doesn't find it's way into our smart inbox because it doesn't mention our brand or hit one of our keywords.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout Social may not have every bell and whistle you need in a social media management platform but they're extremely thoughtful in their approach to building out their tool. I've been using them for several years and they really take customer feedback to heart while also ensuring they're launching new features when they're ready. Unlike other tools I've used or demo'ed they don't just build something for the sake of being able to say they have it.

It's increased our ability to engage and reach more audience members than before. We're participating as an active member of our community vs just expecting them to engage with us or around us. It's also been a huge time saver when it comes to pulling analytics. We still do a lot of reporting manually but for things like Twitter/Instagram followers and other things the platforms do not include in their native downloads, having Sprout has been a HUGE way to save time.

What Social Media Suites solution do you use?

Sprout Social review by <span>Michelle S.</span>
Michelle S.

"Outsource social media marketing performance analysis to Sprout Social"

What do you like best?

I love the PDF reports that I can download and send to individual clients! I send monthly reports for each social media channel an individual client is on, and it only takes a few minutes.

What do you dislike?

Sprout Social algorithms seem to calculate data differently than that actual social media platforms so the numbers aren't apples to apples. I tested accuracy multiple times by comparing the same metric for the same time period and received different results. Also, sometimes variables such as engagement look WAY too high to be accurate and I haven't been able to pinpoint the reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're a small marketing agency who works with other small businesses, Sprout Social is a great tool for tracking and reporting on their social media performance. It's been about a year since I compared, but when I was researching social media management software, Sprout Social offered the best mix of features and affordability. Previously I looked at Hootsuite, Buffer, Social Report,, Socialbakers, and Agora Pulse.

The PDF performance report by channel saves me a ton of time since I used to create them manually by downloading anyaltics data directly from Facebook, Twitter, etc. and then creating my own reports. My clients appreciate how quickly they receive the information, and the data informs social media strategy and content for the new month.

Sprout Social review by <span>Nathan D.</span>
Nathan D.

"Sprout Social for Reputation Management"

What do you like best?

I love that Sprout Social offers a mobile app with push notifications. When there are only 1-2 staff members covering social media response, it is invaluable to work/life balance. I am able to respond to social questions on the go, wherever I may be without the need of a laptop!

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike about the Sprout Social platform. When I had an Android phone typically the app would auto-disable my inbox messages but that does not seem to be a problem on my new iPhone 10.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a catch-all for Social Media customer service and reputation. There are different levels of service you can purchase to meet your company's needs.

Sprout has helped us improve customer satisfaction and retention by being able to respond to customer's questions in real time. We are also able to free up time by scheduling our social media posts across multiple platforms in one easy to use tool.

Sprout Social review by <span>Christopher S.</span>
Christopher S.

"Sprout Works Well for Many Aspects of Social Media Management"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of assigning team members with tasks and scheduling content to multiple platforms. Reporting is also a great resource for quick insights and metrics. I really like pulling and exporting scheduled posts in an easy-to-see format. It's also fantastic for making quick work of editing photos and even comes with some standard filters, but i rarely use those as they don't tend to make photos looks any better.

What do you dislike?

Managing messages could be a little more intuitive and robust, if the look and feel could match closer to native. Wish we could post to IG without a mobile to do so, but that's an API issue with IG. I really want more flexible reports so I can add or remove data points. Really would like to monitor messages in columns and not a feed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sprout is a great platform, it does come with a learning curve, so take the time to really dive in and go through some training so you can get the most out of it.

I'm managing, publishing, and monitoring multiple accounts and Sprout does really well with doing this. It's all about having almost everything under one roof.

Sprout Social review by <span>Sara P.</span>
Sara P.

"Almost Perfect"

What do you like best?

The "Smart Inbox" is the best thing about Sprout Social. You get an action item for each Instagram tag or comment, Twitter follows, comments and mentions, and comments on any Facebook post... even comments on ads you're running with a related ad account. The ability to save phrases and hashtags help you catch and respond to more mentions of your company.

What do you dislike?

The scheduling and publishing process for new posts can be frustrating and could be more user friendly. The Sprout Queue is a good automated publisher for content that doesn't need to be posted on a specific day or time, but the process of getting your content to the point where it's ready to be scheduled requires too many steps. The calendar functions for publishing would be great if it included a little more functionality, like drag and drop to reschedule, and categories for organizing content.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best service I've come across for social media monitoring. It's not perfect but it's the most useful manager I've found.

Being one person managing many social feeds for a small company, Sprout Social saves me time not having to log in and out of different apps or sites. The tools are all in one place for getting our message out there.

Learn more about Sprout Social

Sprout Social Videos

Learning about Sprout Social?

* We monitor all Sprout Social reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.