SpyBot

Finds and destroys spyware, malware, adware and other malicious software

Work for SpyBot?

Learning about SpyBot?

SpyBot Reviews

Showing 49 SpyBot reviews
SpyBot review by Marcus S.
Marcus S.

"A great secure and powerful tool, if you never tried, you should then"

What do you like best?

Well, Spybot is very powerful and i'm using it with windows defender, I like it because gives me a good internet security, it is free, it doesn't get laggy, has a very clean interface, allows me to repair registry files, removes lots of unwanted spywares and it's always up to date.

What do you dislike?

although it's fast, it consume lots of my computer's memory, it's always up to date but it's very slow to download it and its very slow to scan as well, sometimes it takes hours to finish its scan ( depending on which kind of scan you're making )

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is free and offers a great security tool, if you're using Spybot then you're very likely to be protected from any suspicious files, granting even more protection if you're already using Windows Defender or any antivirus,

I'm solving my computer's security with Spybot, i'm using this software for a long time and everytime a suspicious file enters my computer, Spybot is there to save me again, extending my computer's life as well.Another benefit is that Spybot is really light so you don't have to be worried about how much it's consuming your hard disk space.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SpyBot
SpyBot review by Robert W.
Robert W.

"Powerful & Low Cost"

What do you like best?

Recommending to friends and family to use Spybot holds much more weight when they see that this popular security software is free for personal use.

What do you dislike?

The lack of antivirus for the personal use Spybot version can seem a bit unwelcome, but bundling Windows Defender along with Spybot tends to make up for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

In recommending Spybot to potential users, I would note that the free personal version typically covers everything that you would need an a personal antimalware solution. Bundle this with a good antivirus program, and Spybot tends to do much of the heavy lifting.

Moving on towards the professional version, it's a one stop shop for anything and everything you may need an an antivirus and/or antimalware solution. Moreso, the expert and advanced settings are very powerful tools in managing a secure IT environment.

We are currently solving our business problems of basic antimalware and antivirus coverage using Spybot.

What Vulnerability Management solution do you use?

SpyBot review by vicente p.
vicente p.

" It is essential in our computer."

What do you like best?

can be downloaded for free in its free version, and its main task is to detect and remove corrupt files, suspicious or spyware robots, which can be harmful to our computer.

The design of this program is really simple, with practically four buttons, to do everything, but still, it has many options.

What most attracts the attention of the program, at least to me, is the possibility of configuring it in several languages.

What do you dislike?

They should add other skins.

and it has a relatively high Ram Consumption.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend it because it is free and has a simple interface with intuitive options, it is effective, it removes malware, and it is always updated.

protection in the work stations in combination with other antivirus makes me feel more protective against computer intrusions and malicious advertising.

SpyBot review by Jorge P.
Jorge P.

"Protegue tu PC de la mejor manera"

What do you like best?

Spybot - Search & Destroy es una suite de protección de Internet ampliamente utilizada y con todo incluido que elimina adware, malware y spyware. Sus ediciones de negocios para corporaciones y técnicos se combinan con capacidades antivirus y herramientas de sistema.

Spybot - Search & Destroy inmuniza los sistemas protegiendo los navegadores de las amenazas transmitidas por la web. Además de eso, el programa proporciona a los usuarios herramientas que les permiten eliminar archivos que se ejecutan automáticamente al iniciar e impone impuestos a la memoria en funcionamiento de un sistema. Estas medidas preventivas aseguran que los usuarios empresariales continúen realizando sus tareas sin interrupciones causadas por archivos malignos.

Además, Spybot - Search & Destroy ayuda a las empresas a recuperar información destruida por malware. Pueden hacerlo con Boot CD Creator, que les permite acceder a máquinas infectadas y recuperar archivos importantes.

What do you dislike?

Lo peor de esta aplicacion podria ser los costos, ya que se trata de una app muy costosa

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bajar los precios

La relacion calidad/precio no es la mejor por eso no esta situada en el top de las aplicaciones anti-malware.

SpyBot review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Very good Anti-Malware"

What do you like best?

The ease of use and ability to uses on different platforms without major installation configurations. I sometimes need something to take a bite out of all the critters that are biting at my heals all day. I don't have time to have a company wide dispersed software to help me fight these issues, so this as well as companies that offer help like this are a great benefit to my day.

What do you dislike?

At times it seems as if it doesn't catch all the issues that I am having trouble with.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To those that are looking for a solution to those picky malware challenges everyday, I would suggest Spybot to them. For one machine or many, it looks like it gets the job done

I have been able to minimize malware attacks and on some of the systems been able to monitor the system to prevent attacks. I work at a Helpdesk and take care of over 300 computers. I face a good amount of malware attacks and if I have a software like this, it minimizes my work.

SpyBot review by Aitor G.
Aitor G.

"Free all-in-one tool to fight Spyware, Malware and Adware"

What do you like best?

It allows to correct problems in the registry of the operating system, in the objects of Active X, and Winsock LSPs as well as the malware and other programs that try to infect the system by means of mails, propaganda in the Web and several Internet pages.

With SpyBot you can destroy over a thousand spyware-type infections, including the infamous Gator, Web3000, BDE Projector, Aureate, Cydoor, DSSAgent, SaveNow and webHancer. Plus, and one of the most interesting functions, is the ability to immunize your computer against future infections.

What do you dislike?

The only downside is the lack of updates, but as it's free software, it's logical.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Thanks to SpyBot our systems that are always operating on the Internet are more secure and our computers are free of network threats. Since we installed it we have not had any problems as we did before, so it is a very safe product.

SpyBot review by Antonio S.
Antonio S.

"SpyBot Search & Destroy is one more tool for fighting in defense of our own privacy"

What do you like best?

Fulfill what he promises.

I've been using this program for years and fulfilling what it promises. It has a very comprehensive database that helps to be protected. On those who comment on the language, I downloaded it today on a new computer, but the installer does not give to choose Spanish, when installed appears the entire program in Spanish, at least to me that's what happened to me.

Pros: Good anti-threat database is free, at least in the basic package

What do you dislike?

It's in English, but it'll save your skin. It's his only drawback. That's why I don't put a 10 on it.

It would be necessary to expand to more languages to facilitate its expansion

He resurrected my computer. This program is excellent. He resurrected my computer. My computer had been running very slowly for some time. Each program took more than half an hour to open (including browsers and Mail). I tried to fix it with a program that has very good press: the "Malwarebytes ". Well, I do not know if it was because of him or not, but the fact is that when I tried to clean with this program, the computer was almost dead.

SpyBot review by Franck P.
Franck P.

"Un outil simple mais efficace contre les infections."

What do you like best?

Coupler à un antivirus car non intégrer à spybot en version gratuite , on a un arsenal simple pour la protection d'un ordinateur.

La version gratuite est donc plus que suffisante pour un usage personnel, il va nettoyer efficacement contre les malwares et les spywares.

La version payante offre l'antivirus intégré mais aussi des outils puissants qui peuvent s'avérer utile notamment la création d'un cd de boot pour éliminer les infections directement sans passer par le système d'exploitation.

What do you dislike?

Il n'y a pas d'antivirus intégrer c'est juste un simple antimalware mais qui fera le plus gros travail en cas d'infection ou alors il faut passer à la version payante du logiciel ce qui peut être problématique dans certains cas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pour se débarrasser des déchets du web c'est un super outil spyware malware il fait du bon nettoyage.

Il a permit de faire un nettoyage du système infecté de tout ce qui concerne les malwares les spywares et tout cela avec seulement la version gratuite. Le nettoyage a été efficace avec ce simple logiciel il n'y a peu besoin d'investir beaucoup plus que cette version gratuite.

SpyBot review by Terry S.
Terry S.

"A good spyware program! "

What do you like best?

The program updates and spyware databases are always updated and current! It picks up some spyware others don't.

What do you dislike?

Nothing against Spybot, but I literally use three different spyware programs to keep me covered. All of them seem to pick up some things and not others. This is the case with Spybot as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is part of a spyware scan I run every so often with other products as well that is separate from my virus checker. I do not enable it to run all the time, but instead manually run it in addition to other spyware programs.

Helps detect and remove spyware. Helps keeps my browsers free of annoying spyware pop-ups and unnecessary background processes from running.

SpyBot review by Jared D.
Jared D.

"Spybot is a good solution when you are stuck with a pesky virus"

What do you like best?

I like that the Search and Destroy product has become a formal A/V solution. It allows for a thorough scan and removal of virus' and malware. The UI is easy to use and installation is simply and quick. Removal is just as easy if you do not want it to conflict with another A/V or A/M solution.

What do you dislike?

I wish the free version offered a little more functionality. I use the free version if I am stuck in a pickle. It compliments my other A/V and A/M solutions quite well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spybot is a great A/V and A/M solution. I may even considering it for a full implementation in our environment if they can work with our endpoint solution provider. Today I just use the free version and I am satisfied.

Removal of virus' and malware on computers

SpyBot review by Steven C.
Steven C.

"Spybot - more than just a malware search and destroy utility"

What do you like best?

Spybot Search & Destroy has been available for a number of years and the feature set has expanded along with its tenure. Being able to automate the functionality of the program in the paid version is a big plus over the free version. I especially like the "immunization" feature of Spybot which updates your hosts file with names of websites which have been known to house malware. If you add your own sites to this file and Spybot updates the hosts file, your additions are not removed or edited.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see the free version have the ability to be automated from within the application.

1. Reducing the frequency of system malware infections

2. Helping to prevent access to inappropriate sites even when users are not connected to the corporate domain.

SpyBot review by Edo M.
Edo M.

"Several years ago was a revolution and today is on the same level"

What do you like best?

Immunization was always a selling point of this software and today is protection against some 250 000 types of malicious software.. There are diferent "moduls" for diferent browsers, in x86 an x64 modes. This is a must use for everone that had a misfortune to had a hijacked browser.

Also, "Rootkit scan" is a necessity today, for any standard anti-malware/anti-virus software. S&D have 2 levels, fast and deep-scan, both doing a great job.

What do you dislike?

Speed of updating is, after all this years, still a problem. With all today optics networks and high-speed internet it's incredible that some updates can take 10+ minutes to load. Also, 1st instalation can be a tricky one. 1st Immunization can be also time - consuming (but it's the best feature of this software).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Simple but revolutionary software that is a pleasure to work with. After instalation 1st thing to do is to immunize a PC, only after that You can go with all other interesting options.

Security in work, blocking diferent types of malware, internet security in general.

SpyBot review by Joe C.
Joe C.

"Best spyware protection"

What do you like best?

I have use this software for many years. I recommend this software to all my friends and l highly trust this software on its ability to protect and clean an OS.

over the years that i have used this, i always like the ability to clean and remove what i want in the registry. Its easy to understand and with detail descriptions, it makes it clear to remove what is harmful.

This software has browser protection and detection. It also scans for intrusions or potential problems within software that could be making your computer at risk.

In the end this software is free and is always having updates on the latest spyware and malware updates.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. over the years there has been many advancements and has gotten faster in its scanning. i would like to see it a little more faster but you can't complain when its free and it works.

would like this software to be available in mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to keep up to date with updates and releases. Also have more than one software detection.

In my experience, i have use this software and it works best to remove any intrusions in safe mode.

but everyone has their own method, however this has always worked for me.

we have encountered where one malware didn't get detected but another picked it up right away. its best to have multiple detections but with updates and future advancements in software, i hope it detects what others have detected.

we are encountering very rare situations where we get one for mac and this software is not available for it.

SpyBot review by Michael P.
Michael P.

"Using Spybot in my enterprise level environment"

What do you like best?

The simplicities of Spybot are the main draw. With minimal user input I am able to monitor over 150 workstations with plans to expand it further. Updates are seemless, though there have been a few instances where one or two adware breaches have occurred. Most due to user interference.

What do you dislike?

I wish updates would occur more frequently to the database of known malicious software. That is really my only complaint.

Adware and spyware protection for over 150 workstations

SpyBot review by Patrick R.
Patrick R.

"Best Antimalware EVER"

What do you like best?

It finds more malware than others AND prevents malware better than others by immunizing your browser from thousands of threats.

What do you dislike?

They don’t have a Mac version. That’s the only thing I don’t like.

I fix people’s computers all the time with SpyBot. It helps keep people that are not tech savvy from destroying their computers, which in turn helps keep me from spending a ton of time on fixing problems.

SpyBot review by Administrator in Civil Engineering
Administrator in Civil Engineering

"Great Anti Virus"

What do you like best?

What I love most about this product is the effectiveness of this and how accurate it. Not only does it search throughout the basic folders on your computer its actually goes deep into deal on the computer and finds all the hidden bugs, and then notifies you about its find!!!!

What do you dislike?

It can be time consuming but that only means its doing its job. Which is good but I recommend doing this at night or at the end of a business day if using at work so it has time to do a good run through the pc without interrupting your work!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Best Anti Virus so for that I have used! I have used a lot of different ones that claim to actually get the job done and SPYBOT has out done themselves!

I find that my computer not only run faster but better especially after a good detail run! When my computer is running better it makes for a better work day too!!!

SpyBot review by Administrator in Machinery
Administrator in Machinery

"Immunize is the best feature not found in other products"

What do you like best?

The immunize function. Creates 127.0.0.1 loopbacka of lnown root kits and spuware.

What do you dislike?

Ver 2.6 is not tech friendly. Ver 1.6 has more features unlocked but is the beat product neat to Malware Bytes.

The resident shield needs to be disabled on install Tea Timer, it prompts for everything.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the leaders in not just resolution but in prevention.

Problems, sometimes doesn’t find what we needed to remove.

Benifets the immunize with boot time update and immunize if updated is fantastic.

Seen syatems gomfor two uears without

SpyBot review by Tom L.
Tom L.

"SpyBot Searches and Destroys"

What do you like best?

This product is able to scan for the less dangerous but often annoying bits of spyware and malware that slip through most antivirus programs and eliminate them. By removing these annoying bits of malware, it's able to improve the performance and health of your PC.

What do you dislike?

The program tends to hang a lot and a full deep scan does take a long time, although it's worth it for PC health.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is not necessary but highly advised as a second line of defence for your personal and/or business files. It also plays well with any antivirus program.

SpyBot will save time and money by extending the life of a PC. It can also prevent any malicious programs from stealing your data as a second line of defence to a regular antivirus program.

SpyBot review by Iris S.
Iris S.

"Not convinced"

What do you like best?

It looks like it is doing something, it does pop up every now and then, but it is totally unclear what it is it finds and whether it is malicious or if it is a legit software application that is needing to perform that action.

What do you dislike?

Not user friendly, it doesn't tell me exactly what software is trying to change my registry so I am never sure whether I should block or allow. The terminology it uses doesn't even make it clear to me whether I should click 'OK' to either block it or not. And I am not a dummy, I am a software/ web developer myself and I specialize in usability. I also had malware and it could help me get rid of that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I am not really happy with it, try looking for something better is my advice.

I am a web developer

SpyBot review by Executive Sponsor
Executive Sponsor

"Very thorough, fast and up to date utility"

What do you like best?

Spybot updates the virus list very frequently.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes misses malware. It wants to install Tea Timer which I don't want installed. It is easy enough to uncheck but if you don't pay attention it installs it.

Clean our PCs and rid them of unnecessary files, add-ons, registry entries, remove programs, and find viruses that slip by our anti-virus software.

SpyBot review by User in Hospitality
User in Hospitality

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It’s very customizable... you can do deep scans, just check your registry integrity, even tweak your startup items from one easy to use console.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it seems like it misses some malware other software catches

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be patient- scans take a while because they are thorough

Well, the major benefit is having clean PCs that arent bogged down

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Free Edition of SpyBot is a lifesaver"

What do you like best?

The FREE edition - This is my go to software anytime i'm faced with malware/viruses

What do you dislike?

live scanning isn't available with the free edition but can't really complain because its free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free edition has saved me many times, especially when normal AV cannot detect the malware - It's free so you cant go wrong!

Detecting and removing malware

SpyBot review by Mark E.
Mark E.

"Great Program to Clear Viruses and Spyware"

What do you like best?

The ease of use in updates and running the program.

What do you dislike?

I did have some issues of latency in my computer during startup, but was able to fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize this for daily, weekly, or monthly searches to improve the safety of your computers from viruses and malware you didn't even know existed.

Keeping computers safe and efficient

SpyBot review by Arthur M.
Arthur M.

"Awesome Utility"

What do you like best?

SpyBot has always proved to be an effective and helpful cleanup tool. Regular updates and easy to use.

What do you dislike?

That various Antivirus applications will register and require to be remove during installation.

End users with web browsing will leave behind various trails that SpyBot will cleanup nicely.

SpyBot review by Toni R.
Toni R.

"Spy bot... analiza y destruye"

What do you like best?

Es un gran programa para eliminar todos los gusanos malware y todo lo perjudicial para tu equipo

What do you dislike?

Me gusta mucho y lo utilizo bastante más que otras apps

Eliminación de algunos elementos maliciosos que un antivirus de pago no había conseguido eliminar

SpyBot review by Kenneth C.
Kenneth C.

"Good quick Program"

What do you like best?

I like that its easy to use and also does usually find whats is hiding on the PC.

What do you dislike?

It is a bit CPU intensive. So you may not want to be running much

It does spot quite a bit right off the bat with out having to run anything.

SpyBot review by phillip a.
phillip a.

"excellent for spyware detection."

What do you like best?

it's a very thorough spyware cleaning tool for removing malware.

What do you dislike?

it takes very long to run a full cleaning pass.

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely try it. it is worth it.

removing spyware and preventing malicious software from getting on our computers.

SpyBot review by Jason H.
Jason H.

"Still the best for ease of use"

What do you like best?

Spybot is quicker and easier to get up and running than other spyware cleaners. Its scan is thorough and finds objects others don't. Cleaning what's found is button-click simple.

What do you dislike?

Doesn't update definitions automatically

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it. It's free, it's quick to install, and it works!

Malware, spyware, viruses.

SpyBot review by Consultant in Computer Hardware
Consultant in Computer Hardware

"Great comprehensive malware scanner"

What do you like best?

For bad infections I always run multiple scans, and spybot is one of my 3 main scanners.

What do you dislike?

Scan time is a little longer than others, but many times it finds things the others don't.

Keeping computers malware free and preventing further infection.

SpyBot review by Gourav J.
Gourav J.

"Malware detection for Windows - The tool needs improvement"

What do you like best?

We used spybot for malware detection on windows system, it has a free version which does the job to some extent.

What do you dislike?

Spybot catches about 1 in 5 malwares and is not very efficient.

Windows malware/virus detection.

SpyBot review by User in Management Consulting
User in Management Consulting

"Good but noticeably slower than rival programs"

What do you like best?

Easy to use, with a choice of interface options.

Immunization tools.

What do you dislike?

Slow updates and scans.

Limited information about threats.

Searched my PC for malware with the click of a button. If it finds suspicious software on my PC, it can get rid of the parts that are responsible for the advertising and surveillance without impairing the functionality of the actual program. Immunization and quarantine functions are available for additional security.

SpyBot review by Jesús Noehi P.
Jesús Noehi P.

"Best spyware remover"

What do you like best?

Its capabilities to find and remove most malware

What do you dislike?

Sometimes they are a bit slow updating the database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Totally recommended for your spyware problems

Spyware problems with users pc

"Cleaning from a user"

What do you like best?

spy bot is simple, to dwl, install, and use. its been one of 3 main products i use to clean up after an infection..

What do you dislike?

the new interface is a bit more complicated then version 1, wich was very easy to use

Recommendations to others considering the product

what are you trying ot solve? does this meet need?

repairs a lot of wholes identifies issues and helps us get users back to work.

SpyBot review by Administrator

"Amazing software, just got surpassed "

What do you like best?

It was one of the best and first free spyware protection programs.

What do you dislike?

They pretty much got left in the dust in comparison to Malwarebytes and all their acquisitions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't rely on it as your only but definitely a capable spyware scanner.

Spyware solutions, occasionally will run just to add another peace of mind layer of assurance.

SpyBot review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Free personal version is great!"

What do you like best?

I have only used the free version of SpyBot software for personal and SMB use in the past. It's good for what it is: free antivirus and anti-malware software that you can use on your own computer, assuming you're admin

What do you dislike?

This product doesn't compare to the larger anti-virus and anti-malware/spyware options out there. If you work at a large corporation with a dedicated IT department, chances are you'll end up using one of those and not needing SpyBot.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although it has paid offerings, I've only considered it for personal or SMB use in the past. You'll probably want to look at a few options.

I've use this for my personal computer, and it even has a browser plug-in. However, if you want to use this at work, good luck getting it past the admin wall! It's also a bit slower than other vendors.

SpyBot review by Administrator in Food & Beverages
Administrator in Food & Beverages

"Speed up your system on a budget? You betcha!"

What do you like best?

This is a lifesaver of a product, it has cleaned up and detected so many things over the years that i have donated to the site several times over. This product succeeds where most if not all antivirus fails in detecting why a virus keeps popping up.

What do you dislike?

I dislike 2.0 but love 1.62 a lot. I am lost in the new product, the older one was much better laid out. The other dislike is that it sometimes gets clobbered by antivirus programs (yes McAfee I am looking at you).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bring back the classic layout of 1.62 it was a dynamite solution.

Detect spyware and kill it with a vengeance. This product does exactly that.

SpyBot review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Very good at finding things on your computer that don't belong"

What do you like best?

Spybot has a very user friendly interface and it relatively successful in removing unwanted spyware.

What do you dislike?

While no program is 100% effective, sometimes this one will miss a few things and you may need to run a scan with another tool as well.

Removal of unwanted spyware.

SpyBot review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"SpyBots killer features!"

What do you like best?

The product has a variety of features for both the basic and advanced users.

What do you dislike?

Some of the features are not easy to get to if you don’t know what your looking for.

Malware and Spyware primarily

SpyBot review by User

"Spybot works as well as other spyware removal tools."

What do you like best?

Spybot Search and Destroy is free and does an acceptable job removing spyware from your computer.

What do you dislike?

As with many programs, you must pay to get the advantage of all options.

It removes most spyware.

SpyBot review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Spybot, the anti-malware ive been using for years"

What do you like best?

Spybot manages to clean up most if not all malware infections and prevents against future infections when installed.

What do you dislike?

The visual experience could use a little more updating.

Mostly malware and trojen pritection.

SpyBot review by User

"Eliminador de malware"

What do you like best?

La base de datos actualizada a diario y si eficacia

What do you dislike?

De momento no puedo decir nada ya que tiene el funcionamiento deseado

El malestar que infecta a los equipos

SpyBot review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Holy smokes this app is awesome!"

What do you like best?

Price is free for personal use! Can be setup to monitor your pc at all times. Very in-depth scan for malicious software/cookies/trojans etc on your computer. Can run pre-windows to catch items in memory and get rid of them. I love this app! I've been using it for about 10 years now.

What do you dislike?

Nothing, this app is awesome!

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a "bug" on your pc and are having trouble removing it, this app will help you out. I've helped several family members and friends get their pc's back to normal by installing and running this.

SpyBot review by User in Military
User in Military

"Spybot"

What do you like best?

Very thorough product with consistent service.

What do you dislike?

Not a very intuitive interface for initial users.

Increases resistance to spyware.

SpyBot review by Greg M.
Greg M.

"A decent tool in your belt"

What do you like best?

Decent detection of malware. Free for non-commercial users. Corporate version can be centrally deployed and administered, and in large volumes comes at a low price. Does a decent job of removing infections that have already taken hold.

What do you dislike?

Not as fast or as effective as other anti-spyware packages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've usually found other anti-spyware applications such as Malwarebytes to be faster and more thorough.

Consultant in Information Technology and Services

"Excellent free anti-spyware and anti-malware utility"

What do you like best?

Free. Interface is intuitive. Version 1.62 could be scheduled for auto updates and scans. Immunization feature.

What do you dislike?

Free version 2.x may offer an updated GUI and may be more effective at cleaning, but the no longer offers scheduled scans and updates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Strongly consider this product just based on the immunization (blacklist) feature alone. While there are more effective cleaning products out there, very few of them are free.

SpyBot review by User in Computer Software

"Best Anti-Spyware/Malware Tool for Windows EVER"

What do you like best?

Spybot has been a staple in my armory of malware removal tools for almost a decade. You can install it after you are already infected, and even with the free version (paid version is coming), you will be able to enable blocks for every browser for known malware sites, and clean up all infections.

What do you dislike?

There has always been a lot of pandering for donations, and never a paid version. I am curious to see what the paid version brings, but it makes me worry that the free version may suffer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already infected, I highly recommend Spybot (in safe-mode), as along with CCleaner and Ad-Aware, it will remove most (if not all) issues. It will prevent you from going to known malicious sites, as well as clear out all infected files. This is my #1 tool for spyware/malware removal.

SpyBot review by Peter B.
Peter B.

"Always Does the Trick"

What do you like best?

This has to be the best, free, virus remover ever. I have never met a virus that Spybot has not resolved for me. Easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. If I were to criticize something, it would be the UI, but be real, it doesn't need to look fancy when you are trying to save your computer from an attack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Everyone should have this installed on their computer. It's free, it works, and it ALWAYS works.

SpyBot review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Brilliant free virus destroyer! "

What do you like best?

Easy to use interface, regular updates, found virues that other software (paid and free) didn’t.

What do you dislike?

None that I can see, although a slight gripe is the request for donations (can't really blame them for that though)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Does whats asked of it, its free

SpyBot review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Decent FREE anti-spyware software"

What do you like best?

It's FREE. It's constantly getting updated to try and stay up-to-speed with new spyware. Immunization prevents some problems by adjusting your internet browser settings.

What do you dislike?

Rarely finds malware

Recommendations to others considering the product

I still prefer Malwarebytes

Learning about SpyBot?

* We monitor all SpyBot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.