SpyFu

SpyFu exposes the search marketing secret formula of your most successful competitors.

Work for SpyFu?

Showing 204 SpyFu reviews
SpyFu review by <span>Ariel B.</span>
Ariel B.

Great SEO Tool - Especially for Competitor Analysis

What do you like best?

I love SpyFU, I'm able to compare keywords that my company ranks for - and continuously compare to our top competitors. I like that it shows us automatically competitors that we may not know were competitors. It even breaks it down to what keywords you're both overlapping, and which keywords are unique to each site. I can see the monetary value and the amount of traffic that is generated for those specific keywords, so I know whether they are worth going after or not.

What do you dislike?

The exporting feature could definitely be improved. I can't export any of the graphs, just the data. The comparison tool also only shows a few competitors in the graph at once, I wish that I could make the viewing window larger. I also wish it explained more what some terms meant, like "ranking difficulty" - I don't know what the scale is, so I can't really evaluate the number they provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty good price compared to other software. There's a little bit of a learning curve, but that's how it is with any software using large amounts of data.

I'm able to see what keywords we are not ranking for, and the traffic that we are losing as a result, so thus I can focus our SEO strategy for those specific keywords. We also can see when we drop off the first page for a particular keyword, so that's helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SpyFu
SpyFu review by <span>Robert C.</span>
Robert C.

My Go-To Online Resource for Competitive Data

What do you like best?

I utilize many resources in my SpyFu account, however, the tool that stands out the most for me would have to be Kombat. This allows me to get keyword data based on my competitors' efforts, which then allows me to expand upon my Paid Media and Organic strategy. This is a tremendous help and provides an edge that most competitors in various markets are not even aware of.

What do you dislike?

This really is an online tool that offers a wide spectrum of resources. My only critique would be on organic keyword rank tracking. For marketing initiatives based on the objective of growth in organic search rankings, it is beneficial to see what page your listing falls on for specific keywords. Although SpyFu offers customized keyword lists, They are not segmented by the specific Search Engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo) that keyword ranking applies to, as far as I am aware. There are other tools that offer this online, but it would be nice to have this feature under the same umbrella of SpyFu tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed! SpyFu is close to being a one-stop shop for keyword research and tracking needs. You can save money by having an account with them as opposed to 3-4 tools on websites you have to pay for separately.

I am using Spyfu to gain a competitive edge over my employers paid media competitors by gaining and applying keyword ideas that make sense for our initiatives. I am also able to build negative keyword lists more effectively in our Google AdWords account based on known search queries for our domain.

What SEO solution do you use?

SpyFu review by <span>Lee P.</span>
Lee P.

Spying has never been so easy

What do you like best?

Awesome tool for getting actionable data on what your competitors, or your client's competitors, are doing online. Having ppc data along with SEO data and keyword data in one app saves a ton of time doing research. The app works, the data is solid (as solid as estimated ppc ad spend can be) and the value of the app is outstanding. Very easy to monetize the monthly spend for this app.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention here. All good. As others have mentioned, the data is one thing. It's how you evaluate / interpret the data, and what actions you then take, that really matter the most.

Ability to use one tool that replaces several I was previously using saves time and money. PPC spend data is not easily available in other apps similar to SpyFu, and certainly not at the same cost. We use this tool to help make decisions on where we spend our marketing dollars and to show our clients where their competitors are spending their ppc dollars so we can craft a plan based on what others are doing.

SpyFu review by <span>Mike S.</span>
Mike S.

Great for providing insight to competitors and brand targets

What do you like best?

My favorite part of SpyFu is the ability to find out who is bidding on what keywords and what type of budgets that they have for paid campaigns. We use this information in targeting specific companies in specific industries with solutions to real problems that they have. For instance, when looking at who is bidding on the keyword "truck driver jobs" we can pull a list together of different truck lines who need to hire new truck drivers. We have a specific solution for those companies, and by knowing that they are already spending money in that realm we can talk to them more intelligently than if we were just cold calling.

What do you dislike?

The only real thing I don't care for with SpyFu is their lead generation tool. It seems the filtering of businesses does not work as well as I would like...I would like to see a way that they can provide leads that have very specific criteria, like where a companies HQ is located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very well priced and really a bargain for all the things you get with a subscription.

Targeting industries is the biggest problem we solve. I also use the tool for PPC research (which is really what you think about when thinking of SpyFu).

I've been able to provide clients with better PPC campaigns simply by knowing what their big competitors are doing, and not doing.

SpyFu review by <span>Charlie d.</span>
Charlie d.

SpyFu is Awesome for Competitive Analysis!

What do you like best?

I generate leads for the biotechnology and life science market. My main tools are calling/contacting targets I find on social media and using the net to bring in leads (with landing pages, webinars, etc.). When I'm pitching a potential client, I show them what their competitors are doing online and how they are missing the market by using SpyFu's amazing competitive analysis. It is a compelling way to show prospects how they are missing so much of their market. Another feature I will be using more of is their keyword analysis; it will give me more ammunition to build landing pages around keywords that make sense. I will be using their keyword and competitive review with their SEO reports to create the best service for lead generation for my clients.

What do you dislike?

I only use SpyFu a few times a month so I wish it was less expensive for low-volume users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very unique platform. They are always innovating and adding new features, and are quite responsive to their user base. Try them out!

I needed a way to show my prospective clients that they were not reaching most of their market, and the best way to do that is by comparing them to their direct competitors. That tells the story!

SpyFu review by <span>Franck A.</span>
Franck A.

SpyFy Automated System

What do you like best?

You get a picture of your SEO and PPC situation and how you stand compared to your competitors. That it...

What do you dislike?

SpyFu brings only rough data and does not bring you with actionable actions or some directions. If you are ranking on wrong search terms it is up to you t discover it. You need to deeper analyze the results. So, Spyfu "seems" to deliver information that you have to really scrutinize. If you have questions their Chat system is useless. It is almost an automated system. Based on your question they send links that direct you to their FAQ pages. Unfortunately the expertise behind Chat is NULL. It is difficult to get straight answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is a need of basic data go with SpyFu. If there is a need to be serious with your SEO and PPC strategy, I do not recommend this tool.

You do not solve any problem with SpyFu. You just collect data that allow you to compare your results to your competitors. There is no AI behind this services. It is just a way to collect data that can help you solve your problem after some deeper analysis. Unfortunately, if you do not have some marketing expertise there is great chance that you fail.

Learning about SpyFu?

* We monitor all SpyFu reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.