SpyFu

SpyFu exposes the search marketing secret formula of your most successful competitors.

Work for SpyFu?

Learning about SpyFu?

SpyFu Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 221 SpyFu reviews
SpyFu review by Ariel B.
Ariel B.

"Great SEO Tool - Especially for Competitor Analysis"

What do you like best?

I love SpyFU, I'm able to compare keywords that my company ranks for - and continuously compare to our top competitors. I like that it shows us automatically competitors that we may not know were competitors. It even breaks it down to what keywords you're both overlapping, and which keywords are unique to each site. I can see the monetary value and the amount of traffic that is generated for those specific keywords, so I know whether they are worth going after or not.

What do you dislike?

The exporting feature could definitely be improved. I can't export any of the graphs, just the data. The comparison tool also only shows a few competitors in the graph at once, I wish that I could make the viewing window larger. I also wish it explained more what some terms meant, like "ranking difficulty" - I don't know what the scale is, so I can't really evaluate the number they provide.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a pretty good price compared to other software. There's a little bit of a learning curve, but that's how it is with any software using large amounts of data.

I'm able to see what keywords we are not ranking for, and the traffic that we are losing as a result, so thus I can focus our SEO strategy for those specific keywords. We also can see when we drop off the first page for a particular keyword, so that's helpful.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SpyFu
SpyFu review by Robert C.
Robert C.

"My Go-To Online Resource for Competitive Data"

What do you like best?

I utilize many resources in my SpyFu account, however, the tool that stands out the most for me would have to be Kombat. This allows me to get keyword data based on my competitors' efforts, which then allows me to expand upon my Paid Media and Organic strategy. This is a tremendous help and provides an edge that most competitors in various markets are not even aware of.

What do you dislike?

This really is an online tool that offers a wide spectrum of resources. My only critique would be on organic keyword rank tracking. For marketing initiatives based on the objective of growth in organic search rankings, it is beneficial to see what page your listing falls on for specific keywords. Although SpyFu offers customized keyword lists, They are not segmented by the specific Search Engine (Google, Bing, Yahoo) that keyword ranking applies to, as far as I am aware. There are other tools that offer this online, but it would be nice to have this feature under the same umbrella of SpyFu tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will not be disappointed! SpyFu is close to being a one-stop shop for keyword research and tracking needs. You can save money by having an account with them as opposed to 3-4 tools on websites you have to pay for separately.

I am using Spyfu to gain a competitive edge over my employers paid media competitors by gaining and applying keyword ideas that make sense for our initiatives. I am also able to build negative keyword lists more effectively in our Google AdWords account based on known search queries for our domain.

What SEO solution do you use?

SpyFu review by Lee P.
Lee P.

"Spying has never been so easy"

What do you like best?

Awesome tool for getting actionable data on what your competitors, or your client's competitors, are doing online. Having ppc data along with SEO data and keyword data in one app saves a ton of time doing research. The app works, the data is solid (as solid as estimated ppc ad spend can be) and the value of the app is outstanding. Very easy to monetize the monthly spend for this app.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to mention here. All good. As others have mentioned, the data is one thing. It's how you evaluate / interpret the data, and what actions you then take, that really matter the most.

Ability to use one tool that replaces several I was previously using saves time and money. PPC spend data is not easily available in other apps similar to SpyFu, and certainly not at the same cost. We use this tool to help make decisions on where we spend our marketing dollars and to show our clients where their competitors are spending their ppc dollars so we can craft a plan based on what others are doing.

SpyFu review by Mike S.
Mike S.

"Great for providing insight to competitors and brand targets"

What do you like best?

My favorite part of SpyFu is the ability to find out who is bidding on what keywords and what type of budgets that they have for paid campaigns. We use this information in targeting specific companies in specific industries with solutions to real problems that they have. For instance, when looking at who is bidding on the keyword "truck driver jobs" we can pull a list together of different truck lines who need to hire new truck drivers. We have a specific solution for those companies, and by knowing that they are already spending money in that realm we can talk to them more intelligently than if we were just cold calling.

What do you dislike?

The only real thing I don't care for with SpyFu is their lead generation tool. It seems the filtering of businesses does not work as well as I would like...I would like to see a way that they can provide leads that have very specific criteria, like where a companies HQ is located.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The product is very well priced and really a bargain for all the things you get with a subscription.

Targeting industries is the biggest problem we solve. I also use the tool for PPC research (which is really what you think about when thinking of SpyFu).

I've been able to provide clients with better PPC campaigns simply by knowing what their big competitors are doing, and not doing.

SpyFu review by Charlie d.
Charlie d.

"SpyFu is Awesome for Competitive Analysis!"

What do you like best?

I generate leads for the biotechnology and life science market. My main tools are calling/contacting targets I find on social media and using the net to bring in leads (with landing pages, webinars, etc.). When I'm pitching a potential client, I show them what their competitors are doing online and how they are missing the market by using SpyFu's amazing competitive analysis. It is a compelling way to show prospects how they are missing so much of their market. Another feature I will be using more of is their keyword analysis; it will give me more ammunition to build landing pages around keywords that make sense. I will be using their keyword and competitive review with their SEO reports to create the best service for lead generation for my clients.

What do you dislike?

I only use SpyFu a few times a month so I wish it was less expensive for low-volume users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a very unique platform. They are always innovating and adding new features, and are quite responsive to their user base. Try them out!

I needed a way to show my prospective clients that they were not reaching most of their market, and the best way to do that is by comparing them to their direct competitors. That tells the story!

SpyFu review by Franck A.
Franck A.

"SpyFy Automated System"

What do you like best?

You get a picture of your SEO and PPC situation and how you stand compared to your competitors. That it...

What do you dislike?

SpyFu brings only rough data and does not bring you with actionable actions or some directions. If you are ranking on wrong search terms it is up to you t discover it. You need to deeper analyze the results. So, Spyfu "seems" to deliver information that you have to really scrutinize. If you have questions their Chat system is useless. It is almost an automated system. Based on your question they send links that direct you to their FAQ pages. Unfortunately the expertise behind Chat is NULL. It is difficult to get straight answers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If there is a need of basic data go with SpyFu. If there is a need to be serious with your SEO and PPC strategy, I do not recommend this tool.

You do not solve any problem with SpyFu. You just collect data that allow you to compare your results to your competitors. There is no AI behind this services. It is just a way to collect data that can help you solve your problem after some deeper analysis. Unfortunately, if you do not have some marketing expertise there is great chance that you fail.

SpyFu review by Jonah K.
Jonah K.

"Swiss army knife for Search Marketing and Strategy"

What do you like best?

Quickly identify your client's top search results, the competitors appearing in their top search results, and the imputed values of an organic search term let you show the client the traffic value in dollar terms, makes a powerful business case for client investment in search traffic, you can demonstrate their competitor's ROI, and calculate an ROI for their search marketing with confidence. Also I love the ability to add keywords when they are not currently being indexed by SpyFu, a great feature when your client is in a smaller industry or working with niche search terms.

What do you dislike?

The speed, I wish it was faster and more responsive, the data is fantastic, but it can be a slog when you are trying to build a competitor comparison for a larger website with lots of competitors. I will say the speed has improved dramatically in the past year! Also the client recon industries are probably the biggest markets for search marketing, but I tend to fish in smaller ponds, so the tool is not tuned to help me prospect as much as I'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are investing in the product, as a user for over 5 years, I can tell you it is a better product now than it was, and I expect that improvement to continue. They might not have every bell and whistle, but they provide exceptional value for the breadth of features: SEO, PPC, and backlinks, as well as some useful structured reports.

SpyFu is the core of my keyword research, and the competitor SEO and PPC metrics are critical to building business cases for clients, so they can justify additional investment in search marketing, or upgrades to their website UX or

SpyFu review by Leo Y.
Leo Y.

"Helps a lot for AdWords Research and Set Up"

What do you like best?

I like that Kombat allows me to easily compare competitors. The Keyword Grouper is helpful too. I also like that it's easy to export everything to sort through in Excel. The tutorials are a great resource and are a great way of learning how to use SpyFu.

What do you dislike?

Data is only available for the US and UK. The reports function took some time to understand. I'm not sure about the SEO data as I use it mainly for PPC.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fast and easy to work with. Best of all, the pricing is really great. The tutorials help you learn how to use the features.

I can easily research keywords for my AdWords campaigns and then group them. SpyFu gives me all the information I need. I can quickly gather information about competitors and it also provides suggested keywords.

SpyFu review by Alicia W.
Alicia W.

"Awesome Insights"

What do you like best?

Spy fu makes it very easy to identify precisely the required SEO steps needed on a case-by-case basis for each and every client, enabling an SEO professional to clearly communicate a well defined path forward for both the clients and staff in each project.

What do you dislike?

It is too awesome to dislike anything really. I would like to have it for less $ of course, but it is priced extremely fairly and already the least expensive of anything remotely comparable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you understand SEO and Digital Marketing and if you have searched for similar products in the past then you will barely be able to contain your excitement when you dig in to Spy Fu, and the paid version has many outstanding bonuses over what you can get with the free version.

Having the competitor data is extremely beneficial. It has made it much easier for me to keep an eye on each market I serve and to deliver the most value to my client. Spy fu has helped me make my business operations much more manageable.

SpyFu review by Lee'Ann B.
Lee'Ann B.

"SpyFu - Super easy and insightful "

What do you like best?

First, the ease of use. You can get a lot of insights on your competitors as well as your own site. You can find out which keywords your competitors are ranking for, new keyword opportunities also you can find backlinks that will help you rank for specific keywords... to name a few benefits!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I don't feel that the est. amount for PPC ads that competitors are spending is that accurate - understanding that they are "estimates" they should at least be somewhat close.

Also - I used SpyFu a few years back, then cancelled - it was at that time that I was offered this service at half the cost! So, it would have been nice if they offered some promotions to long time customers or even when on boarding! as of now, I pay less than I initially did.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are running any SEO or PPC campaigns, or just want to get more insight on your company and competitors online, I would recommend trying SpyFu. You can also try for free :)

keyword research, SERP analysis and competitor insights. It's easy to set up projects on SpyFu for each of your clients (or your own company) where you can track keywords, avg. CPC etc... and the export feature for reports is great.

SpyFu review by Mark  S.
Mark S.

"Excellent keyword and pay per click research software!"

What do you like best?

We run a ton of PPC campaigns for local business clients and Spyfu makes it so easy to find the bulk of the best keywords very easily.

This goes the same for doing SEO research for articles and content.

The Spyfu kombat mode allows you to compare your business' PPC keywords to that of top competitors. Good way to see if you are missing any lucrative keywords.

What do you dislike?

I had a little difficulty first figuring out how to use Spyfu, but the online training videos they have got me on the right track.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you understand how to use Spyfu, it is very easy to find the keywords you are looking for SEO articles or Pay Per Click ads. The price is very reasonable as well.

We mostly use Spyfu for Google ads keyword research these days. It makes it very easy for us to get the initial campaign researched and then just copy/paste over to Google adowrds interface.

SpyFu review by Carlos M.
Carlos M.

"The best of the best in comptetition analysis"

What do you like best?

The fact that I get to see my competitors trials and errors and their best succeeding ads in Ad History is definitely my favorite part of SpyFu. It's literally months of work that are saved and many thousands of dollars as well.

What do you dislike?

Being from Canada and working in a B2B environment solely within our borders, I would have appreciated having local information for some of the tools within Spyfu. Some other companies like SERP Stat offer that possibility.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely, I encourage to get started with the trial, but there's so much more to discover as the learning curve progresses. I strongly recommend SpyFu to any organization that wants to cut to the chase while saving tons of money and time with a very action-oriented competition and market Ninja arsenal.

Entering the PPC and SEO arena where big players are already well established. We know that we need to do things smarter and learn from our competitors' mistakes.

SpyFu review by Amanda T.
Amanda T.

"The Go-To for Keyword Research"

What do you like best?

This tool digs deep into what keywords a site ranks for, how their competitors fare, and what the opportunities are across organic and paid.

The not-so-secret weapon is the Kombat feature where you can compare up to 3 domains at a time. The nifty venn diagram shows you the cross-section of search queries across the domains. You can see where your nemesis shows up in search and you don't, and vice versa.

What do you dislike?

The estimated ad spend is relative, and sometimes can be only a gross estimate at best. For example, it might show you that a competitor spends $100k/month on AdWords and says you spend $50k. However, you know that your business actually spends $75k, so then you can estimate that the competitor is actually spending $150k.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's great for companies that need to understand their place in the competitive landscape online. For SEO professionals, its myriad of tools that serve your every need related to keyword research and ad spend estimates. Especially if you're working in a digital marketing capacity within a team that has little experience in this research, its reporting features will make you look like a rockstar.

It's also a secret weapon for content marketers. When you need to develop content strategy, it gives you an incredible view into what competitors rank for and what opportunities are available from a search perspective.

I'm trying to understand what queries bring people to our website, what traffic we miss that goes to competitors, and what search queries aren't being sufficiently answered. These present opportunities for our business to tailor our content and provide more relevant information.

SpyFu review by Nick F.
Nick F.

"Excellent Keyword research application"

What do you like best?

This tool is invaluable for digital marketers and ensures we are able to find out what the competition is up to in terms of keywords, both paid and organic. Invaluable for businesses of all sizes. The support is also excellent, I was offered a webinar after just one week of using the product and was able to ask any lingering questions I might have had.

What do you dislike?

Ad spend is just an estimate I suppose but at least we can discover who does and doesn't use PPC. I know the UK PPC information could be improved. Overall, there is very little to dislike, it is a fantastic product and one that will massively help the digital marketing aspect of your business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it - you won't regret it.

What brings people to our site and what keywords we are not using/missing out on. This is invaluable to an SME like ourselves. The PPC and backlinks aspects will also help us against our competitors.

SpyFu review by Mark S.
Mark S.

"Great tools and fantastic training videos"

What do you like best?

Each product of this type has a lot of different ways to slice and dice the data. SpyFu has been around for some time, and still provides a super clean interface with clear workflows. The online training videos are targeted, to the point, and full of valuable information about how to use the tools to get the most effective results.

What do you dislike?

Maybe a little picky, but I would like to be able to set certain competitors to be sticky in the Top Organic Competitors list. While I understand that competitors are ranked and displayed based on keyword numbers, some competitors are more important for me to track, even if they have many fewer keywords. This may just be a lack of understanding of how to configure the projects, on my part.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth comparing not only the functionality, but the UI and workflow of SpyFu and competing products. Just because a product delivers all of the same features, doesn't mean it suits your particular working style. Of course, price can be a differentiator as well, and SpyFu holds up pretty well in that department, I feel.

Mostly in the area of competitive research. It's great to be able to figure out which ads my competitors are running, and which have been successful for them, vis a vis ranking keywords. I also like the backlink research, which I combine with my Majestic reports to target new backlink opportunities.

SpyFu review by Matthew S.
Matthew S.

"Sophisticated Tool - Might Need Help with Indexation"

What do you like best?

There are no limits to how many reports you can run, keywords you can add, the UX is incredible, and it's easy to find the information you are looking for. I also like that it has a keyword difficulty score for SEO purposes. They added a project management tool in the last year which is pretty killer. I use it for all my SEO projects. I'm looking forward to using it as an all-in-one SEO tool in the future.

What do you dislike?

It seems like when using SpyFu vs. Semrush I get conflicting results on keywords, backlinks, etc. I think this has to do with the way SpyFu, Semrush and other products (Ahrefs for instance) are crawling and indexing the web. In my mind this is a primary issue, that of getting accurate data, as similar to that of Google as possible. It's possible that SpyFu has some ground to gain in this area.

My main goal is to spy on competitors keywords and backlinks, which I then use as an idea bank to create keyword possibilities for my firm's clients. It's effective at finding other keyword opportunities I might not have thought of. I then add them to my keyword bank and eventually select the most applicable keywords for my clients. I had the paid version for quite some time and am considering re-upping my subscription because I am now seeing the value of having an all-in-one SEO tool, which I would use not just for keyword generation and competitor research, but also backlink outreach and managing the entire SEO project.

SpyFu review by George B.
George B.

"Search, PPC, & Link Tracking In One Tool"

What do you like best?

SpyFu is priced well and has everything that an SEM practitioner needs to get an overview of a prospect, a client issue, or a market segment. I don't think you can overvalue having organic, paid, and links in the same tool.

What do you dislike?

Every tool makes assumptions. I always caution people to use the raw data and create their own. I think that there is a tendency for good looking reports to be accepted regardless of their underlying data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SpyFu is great software for an overview. it can't be used to report rankings because the industry should report traffic and conversions from channels rather than rankings. Some of the reporting seems too involved--as though a filter should be applied if the data doesn't exceed a certain value. But it's a great source of information.

I use SpyFu with every serious prospect to understand what's going on in their world and to see how involved their previous PPC efforts have been. SpyFu is an integral part of my pre-keyword research in a new area so that I can see what messaging has been tested by quality advertisers and what seems to be working today.

SpyFu review by Nigel S.
Nigel S.

"A great tool for Adwords Managers"

What do you like best?

The Spy tools that allow me to see competitors ads and keywords give you a clear head start when setting up a campaign, and new prospective clients are really impressed when I can show them the how I can spy on their competitor's AdWords performance. The project section is great for storing my keyword research and project planning. My clients really appreciate the clarity of the reports that I am able to produce and the speed with which I can produce them at the end of the month is extremely important.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike with Spyfu. You just need to get into it and learn how to utilize it to its best.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a tool to help you with your Adwords campaigns then you should definitely check out Spyfu. The price is also very reasonable.

The time spent planning a campaign is drastically reduced with Spyfu and when it comes to producing monthly reports for clients it is very fast and simple.

SpyFu review by Beth Bridges M.
Beth Bridges M.

"Fun? Sure. Useful? No, Vital for SEO and Ranking your Site"

What do you like best?

SpyFu is a must-have tool for anyone who is doing professional SEO services whether for an agency or if they're doing SEO in house. It's valuable for brainstorming on the top levels as well as providing deep-dive information.

I know it's in Beta, but the Project tool has become one of the most important features to me. I use it to research keywords and track results. It's a great tool for showing clients how vast their pool of competition is, especially for local businesses. Not to discourage them, but to show them how important a tight focus is on long-term keywords.

What do you dislike?

One of the few things it's missing is a way to research local search results.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You may need another way to evaluate local SEO results.

I use this to dig for great, long-tail keywords for my clients and to help me and them understand how strong or vulnerable their competitors may be in the SERPs. It's valuable even if you're not doing AdWords because you can see what terms are buyer-centric rather than informational. Just that is worth the investment.

SpyFu review by Darryl P.
Darryl P.

"Been a SpyFu fan and user for many years"

What do you like best?

One of the easier tools to reverse engineer competitor organic and paid search campaigns wuthout the restrictions and limitations that a number of other tools have at the same price point.

What do you dislike?

the interface itself is not the nicest of the tools thatbare available, but it does do a solid job of getting the data you need.... which for me is a rich dataset to export and use in various custom ways.

Recommendations to others considering the product

leverage the data yiu get to create your own custom lenses for your business. Every business has its own unique needs and challenges. Step 1 is getting a lay of the land, both for your site and your competition. SpyFu's dashboards and high level reports will help with this. Step 2 is getting as much raw data as possible to slice and dice and drill into. SpyFu is great for this at a solid price point. Step 3 is leveraging the data in a custom way to not only give your teams the insights they need, but also to create actionable plans based on real evidence that will set you up for growth and roi. Don't forget toninvest in this critical step. Ut's often worth 7 figures or more for many businesses.

Identifying gaps in client search portfolios. Identifying strengths and weaknesses of client SEO, sem stategies.

Reverse engineering influencer content to expand client partnership opportunities.

Identifying top ranking publisher sites in highly competitive markets in the b2b space

A number of other uses that save time and result in roi for our clients.

We combine spyfu with many other enterprise level tools to create custom dashboards and strategic action plans for our clients... which tend to be larger publishers, ecommerce sites and saas businesses.

SpyFu review by Ryan E.
Ryan E.

"SpyFu has provided fantastic competitive research on all aspects of SEO and SEM"

What do you like best?

I like that I am able to get great detail on competitors keywords and their ranking history. I tgive me a great perspsective on where my competitors are spending their efforts. I also like to see the history for adwords and their ads that show the iterations of the competitors history and language. I am able to run a comprehensive report for my clients that provide information that is consumable and actionable. I am able to white lable these report and provide a true value to my customers.

What do you dislike?

I wish SpyFu updated more that on a monthly basis and delivered more comprehensive keyword rankings. Some of the report are a little long and are hard to parse into action items for customers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the tutorials and explore all of the tools.

I am able to gain insight into my competitors and also gain a comprehensive view of my own websites and their performance. As I service other clients SEO needs this provides a great reporting platform on performance.

SpyFu review by Alexander L.
Alexander L.

"Great competitive PPC and SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

SpyFu is excellent for developing useful lists of keywords, backlink opportunities, and SEO observations. I especially SpyFu's historical PPC research tool, which allows a user to see exactly how a competitor has changed their advertising over time.

Over the last year, SpyFu has made great strides in refining their project view for keywords—it's now very easy to assemble and act on persistent keyword lists for individual clients or projects.

What do you dislike?

I wish that SpyFu included some Google Display network, or other banner advertising research feature. It's not their mission, but it's one area where I wish we didn't have to use other services to pull in related domain-level advertising data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SpyFu is a solid SEO and PPC analysis tool. It's most similar to Moz and SEMRush—each of these products has their strengths and weaknesses. I'd recommend trying each. For us, SpyFu gives us the tools we use the most at an affordable cost per month.

We conduct SEO audits and perform competitive keyword research. For competitive keyword research, SpyFu really shines–it's very quick and thorough for this portion of the analysis.

SpyFu review by Richard Sean M.
Richard Sean M.

"Spyfu.com Provides Insulin-shock of Data Goodness"

What do you like best?

For me, Spyfu's best attribute isn't what is obvious data like AdWords Ad Copy from competitors although that is amazing too. What I like are the comparisons I didn't expect like who Spyfu thinks my competitors are. Some of the competiton was very surprising and shows weaknesses in how we are presenting our site. Who we think we are doesn't matter because if you don't align with the people you want to beat, you won't have a very good chance of beating them.

What do you dislike?

I like being able to slice and dice stuff the way I want to so the raw .csv files are great. I can get tired because of all the digging but that's not Spyfu's fault. I would like to request integration with LinkedIn to make contact with decision makers with companies you research.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Know what you want data-wise and figure out if SpyFu can get it. It is easy to waste a lot of time looking at "interesting" stuff.

I work in competitive niches so honing in on what to target is critical because of time constraints.

SpyFu review by Aris J.
Aris J.

"The only tool I use to show clients what their advertising budget should be."

What do you like best?

The fact that you can view keywords used by competitors and the cost - helps us create a logical budget for the client. In addition it is simple to use and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

Its a dislike for myself rather than spyfu - as I wish I have the time to learn every aspect of what spyfu offers. Learn not how to use it, but rather how to make the best out of it for our clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Anyone who is interested to spend ad dollars must use SpuFu to understand their competitor

The biggest problem we have with advertising clients is their expectation and how much they should advertise. Once we walk them thru a competitor profile, they quickly realize what we are saying is credible and we flat out tell them - if you do anything less than what we are showing you - please go somewhere else.

SpyFu review by Brandon S.
Brandon S.

"A great tool for getting SEO/PPC research in real time."

What do you like best?

I love that I can query SERP and PPC data and get back both current and historical data in real time. Other tools make you wait once a week to see updated stats. Building keyword groups on specific projects is also a great feature. SpyFu makes competitive analysis super easy.

What do you dislike?

The formatting of the PDF reports is lacking. The visual style looks dated, and the automatic generation results in blank pages and messy formatting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for a cost effective tool that provides accurate SEO & PPC research data in real time I would definitely give SpyFu a try.

SpyFu is the best tool I've found over the years for competitive SEO analysis. It makes it possible to surface keywords that our competitors share with us, as well as potential blind spots in our SEO content that we can improve upon.

SpyFu review by Brenda N.
Brenda N.

"SpyFu Has Helped Me Grow My Business"

What do you like best?

It's super easy to use. Because of this, I normally have SpyFu pulled up during my initial client calls so I can research their efforts and their competitors' efforts on the fly.

What do you dislike?

I'm not a fan of the "Projects" feature. It just doesn't make a lot of sense to me. I think if I saw a training or two on how people use it that would help. I'd love regular training videos and/or webinars from SpyFu on real-world techniques used to help real clients, like case studies that are presented as mini trainings.

SpyFu's ease of use and speedy results helps to build my credibility with clients and helps me understand what I challenges I am facing with each client so I can zero in on the appropriate next steps for my client far more quickly than I could ever to before.

SpyFu review by Carmen W.
Carmen W.

"Spyfu Gives You the Results You Need"

What do you like best?

I like getting custom reports with valuable information on how to rank for clients and my own websites. The reports are perfect for submitting directly to your clients, and they are very professional. It's very useful to have competitor data for pay per click campaigns, search engine optimization strategies. The service is a well-designed suite of tools for both PPC and SEO campaigns. It's also less expensive and more comprehensive than other online software programs. It's also very user friendly, and the information is provided quickly. There is no waiting for the metrics to populate.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing about the service I dislike.

I have used SpyFu to gather information on how to improve SEO rankings, and to create and manage profitable PPC campaigns. I used the service to find valuable keywords, and I like that the service offers access to so many useful tools.It's nice to be able to find everything you are looking for in one tool instead of having to search all over the internet. I used Spyfu in my graduate class this semester, and found it to be very helpful, and useful for displaying stats and reports based on important metrics and analysis.

SpyFu review by Jackson H.
Jackson H.

"Incredible tool"

What do you like best?

You can just search the webpage you want know which keywords you want to put if starting a project.

In general is a brutal tool to improve SEO in your project, what ever you are doing.

They have tons of competitor information and keyword universe stuff is super informative. I like how you can choose to see shared or unique to you and few competitor keywords.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't cover all the keywords, we have to add keywords into observation list. We can't relay on SpyFu to get instantaneous data for any keyword. I'd say the only thing I dislike is when I can't find any volume research on keywords that I type in but then when I go to other keyword planners I can get metrics. I also want to be able to search popular keywords by geographic area and all I get is local or global research.

Recommendations to others considering the product

good tool very smart tool

PPC Keyword Research, Consulting on SEO on-site Keywords, Competitor research, Adcopy spying & understanding competitor budgets.

Benefits, you can know how much a company spends on paid advertising through keywords and then can use that to possibly reach out to them to sell them on advertising

SpyFu review by Ashley W.
Ashley W.

"Incredible product, service and support"

What do you like best?

Using Spyfu gave our company incredible insight into our online presence against our competitors.

A lot of other services can give you a rating of your company, but Spyfu is the only one we found that breakdown each part of our online presence with clear data, AND gives us insight into how that holds up against our competition.

What do you dislike?

The price. Spyfu is incredibly expensive. It would be nice to have a lower cost so we could make using part of our monthly marketing plan. Right now we only use it once a year or so.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Throwing money at SEO and PPC hoping and guessing that it'll bring a return is great, if you don't like money. But, If you want to make sure your SEO is on point and you're competitive online, and that you're marketing dollars are actually working for you then you have to try Spyfu!

We thought we had been very thorough in cultivating our online persona, but Spyfu helped us see where there were gaps and gave us solutions on how to fix them.

There are so many aspects of maintaining the online face of a company it's easy to forget the loose ends. Spyfu gave us a realistic reading of what we looked like and what we were missing, which helped us tie up those loose ends.

SpyFu review by Ashley F.
Ashley F.

"Great insights for an affordable price"

What do you like best?

Being able to do competitive research for my clients is a great way to prepare for pitch meetings as well as find gaps for current clients to pursue. SpyFu has everything I need to do deep analysis without a bunch of tools I won't ever use.

What do you dislike?

It would be great to have some type of internal link tool or broken link tool so I could run all of my link reports in one place.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are just looking for competitive research and gap analysis, then this is the perfect tool. It has everything you need to do SEO analysis without a bunch of other tools you would pay for but don't need.

I can now provide gap analysis for my clients in a short amount of time and being able to have this information ahead of pitches to potential clients lets them know I've done my homework.

SpyFu review by Chad Michael L.
Chad Michael L.

"Very Useful Suite of Tools"

What do you like best?

I"ve been with them since day 1 and I haven't canceled because it's a very, very useful service.

I LOVE the Adwords data and the way it ties into SEO. It helps me make strong decisions in my own business and the clients I work with.

What do you dislike?

The numbers don't always match the Adwords keyword tool but it's rarely a huge discrepancy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very solid set of data that can help you further your business and make impactful decisions.

With Adwords, it's snowing where to start when running an ad campaign on Google. Seeing what's out there already and how often that ad changed. It tells you what's going on so you can position yourself accordingly.

With SEO, it helps me prioritize my keyword targets. Know what to rank for and what you can expect to see as far as ROI goes.

SpyFu review by Adrienne D.
Adrienne D.

"Best Keyword Tool - Helped Make My Clients Over $75M"

What do you like best?

No other tool has the organic clicks that SpyFu has, the history on ads of all the competitors for a specific keyword and the combat to see which competitors are missing the "golden nugget" keywords. All the PPC and Organic metrics are worth their weight in gold. There is no comparison on any other keyword tool.

What do you dislike?

I honestly don't have anything I dislike about the best keyword tool on the planet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch their videos and look at their guide that shows you how to find buying keywords before you sign up. Check out their free trial when available. It's worth it for you personally or your business.

Keyword and niche strategy research of the competition to find buying keywords. I've made my clients over $75 million to date using this keyword tool.

SpyFu review by Kale B.
Kale B.

"Great for researching competition in our industry"

What do you like best?

First of all, there are several things I really like about spy for you. The first is the ease of use in the SpyFu interface when researching my competitor keywords and seeing where the weaknesses lie.

The next and possibly my favorite feature is the Kombat mode in which I can see exactly where our closest competitors strengths and weaknesses are in their keywords and ads.

What do you dislike?

The only issue I have is that Spyfu makes so much data available to you that sometimes it takes a while to see exactly how you want to make use of the information.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you really get into using it to research what competitors in your industry are doing, you'll appreciate how powerful the software is. You'll wonder how you ever got along without it. If it seems too complicated, don't give up, there are lots of training videos and emails that come out quite regularly to help you along too.

We are able to spot weaknesses in our competitors strategies in web and keyword advertising, and can even see where our greatest opportunities are, seeing areas that we are weaker or not as consistent. We’ve just st started with it, and already have our SEO manager creating new ways to incorporate different keywords into our content.

SpyFu review by Adele S.
Adele S.

"I like it alottttttt"

What do you like best?

I do enjoy the competitor analysis and keyword research on SpyFu. It's been a great tool to bring into meetings and present to clients to give them an idea of what they should be ranking for and what a realistic ad spend would be.

What do you dislike?

I feel that there are a few flaws when it comes to actual rankings. It's often hard to tell which geolocations these are rankings are from (United States, Pittsburgh, where I'm standing, radius around me, etc.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do your research and really determine if this is the best product for you. If you're new to SEO or extremely experienced, I would suggest exploring all options. SpyFu is very good from a keyword building and analysis standpoint. It's extremely effective, but has some hiccups.

I am using SpyFu to monitor what keywords my clients should be using and tracking ranking progress from there. It's helped paint a clearer picture to my clients as to what they need to be focusing and spending money on.

SpyFu review by Amanda W.
Amanda W.

"SpyFu -- An SEO Powertool"

What do you like best?

Real data, longitudinal data, easy to get at data, downloadable data so that it can be massaged as the user sees fit. It is best in class -- particularly if you like data. I have used SpyFu since it first came out. They have continued to upgrade and add features that make it more valuable. It is an excellent tool for competitive SEO research, keyword research and many other data-heavy tasks.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike. When I have had problems in the past, the support is fast and responsive. My only problem ever has been when changes (improvements) are made I have to adapt. It is my problem not theirs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, and you will like it.

SEO competitive research, keyword research, PPC spend research on competitors.

SpyFu review by Joe P.
Joe P.

"Not just a great way to "spy," a great way to learn about your product."

What do you like best?

What I really enjoy about SpyFU is learning more about my own keyword usage and where I rank. Yes, it is great learning what the competition is doing, but it has been equally important knowing where we need to improve.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the CPC tool is way off what we are paying. Even with a quality score of 9/10, it can be off by several dollars. Which in the long run can affect a company with a limited budget.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At the very least give it a try. For the price and what you get, it has been worth it.

Benefits include knowing where we rank to help improve with SEO and SEM. Seeing what type of ads the competition is doing allows us the opportunity to stand out.

SpyFu review by Christopher C.
Christopher C.

"Great Tool to Whip SEO/SEM into Shape"

What do you like best?

Spyfu is created for users from novice to expert level to quickly obtain, interpret and implement information so companies can benefit for a competitive advantage.

What do you dislike?

We decided to use Spyfu on a month to month basis as needed as we felt it is a little too expensive to justify a yearly subscription with some of the other services and software we've already implemented. BUT, that being said, if you're just starting out, Spyfu is worth the cost.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try the service out for a month and gleam as much information as you can. Some users might feel overwhelmed and might need some time to work through all the data before coming up with a plan. Try for a month and then if it works, go for a year subscription. I plan to make room in the budget in order to use the service exclusively.

We wanted to gain more insight into the PPC keywords being used by our competitors and what backlinks we could start to go after in order to level the playing field. Quickly going after which keywords our competitors were/are using and working on ad quality and bid strategy, we feel as if we have a better grasp on where to concentrate our efforts.

SpyFu review by Jelena N.
Jelena N.

"good quality. great value for price"

What do you like best?

Spufy helps me win more business since a lot of my clients want to know how they measure against their online competition.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that the reports are trademarked by default.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should consider trying it because there is a 30-day money back guarantee. You can always request your money back if you are not happy with results you are getting. I was using it for PPC purposes and it has become a great part of my success.

It enables me to run a keyword research faster and discover if the competition is bidding on my client's brand name. I am using it for ppc purposes only.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great software, I enjoy having the Adwords and Organic info at my fingertips"

What do you like best?

Spyfu identifies keyword competitors that you didn't know you even had. At times, my clients will identify a competitor that they have seen running Facebook ads, or on a billboard - but that person is not actually competing with them for online real estate. Spyfu tracks who's ranking for which keywords, and also estimates how much traffic each one of them is worth - so you don't spend your time on keywords that will not generate much traffic. It's also fantastic for PPC planning, reading the Ad Copy that others have used over time is very useful when you're just starting up a campaign.

What do you dislike?

The SEO reporting tool can sometimes take a while to load.

It's a great sales tool, and I like that it combines the data from Adwords (like target market) with organic potential for SEO reporting. The value of being able to give my clients the most information possible, is amazing.

SpyFu review by Janice A.
Janice A.

"Loving SpyFu!"

What do you like best?

The amount and quality of the information, and the ease of finding it makes SpyFu and must-have tool for internet marketers.

What do you dislike?

I would like the price to be $10 less per month.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you market online, SpyFu is a tool you should consider for your online marketing toolbox. However, be prepared for information overload! Forge ahead and learn what information is available to you and what it means you will gain valuable insight into what is working in your niche.

Keyword strategy is always challenging. I love that I can really create a solid keyword strategy with the info found on SpyFu. Another benefit is being able to see what the "big guys" in the industry are doing with their online strategy. Not having to reinvent the wheel when launching a new product is truly awesome.

SpyFu review by Brian B.
Brian B.

"One of the best SEO tools"

What do you like best?

Great tool for discovering opportunities, understanding the SEO environment, and conducting competitor research. I also found it to offer perhaps the best value out of any SEO tool owing to its affordable price tag. My clients love the reports generated.

What do you dislike?

The platfom can be a bit convoluted. It doesn't seem to offer regionalized data, although maybe I am simply missing it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a try. There are a lot of great SEO tools. I think it's important to find the tool that works for you.

SEO, SER. Have discovered several high value keywords and identified opportunities that I would have otherwise missed.

SpyFu review by User in Internet

"Helpful SEO & PPC Landscape Auditing Tool"

What do you like best?

SpyFu is a great tool for getting a sense of a site's SEO and PPC footprint, it's also helpful for identifying current keyword rankings, as well as reviewing the competition's rankings.

What do you dislike?

I wish this tool allowed for more international targeting, currently you can only use this tool to monitor rankings and presence in the US and UK. I would like to see more international search engine options available to use this tool for larger, enterprise clients.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you only need the tool for US and UK audiences, I think this tool is an excellent value at the current price and functionality.

When I use SpyFu, I am looking to investigate a site's strengths and opportunities for SEO. I also use the charts in the tool to identify trends in SEO and keyword ranking over time. I often find I can identify significant SEO issues by reviewing these historical charts as a reference.

SpyFu review by Colin W.
Colin W.

"Great tool for understanding competitive keyword buys and rankings"

What do you like best?

I like how it compares my clients' sites to their competitors, especially how it shows the overlap in keyword ranking as well as the keywords that a competitor may be buying or ranking for exclusively.

What do you dislike?

It was a little difficult to get started but they proactively provided a live screen-share training session with a customer success manager and after that I was good to go.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to understand what's driving traffic to your competitors' websites, I highly recommend SpyFu.

It's a great tool for understanding what keywords your competitors or partners are purchasing and/ranking on organically. This helps me and my clients devise SEO and digital marketing strategy.

SpyFu review by User in Commercial Real Estate
User in Commercial Real Estate

"Powerful platform to optimize your Google Adwords campaigns"

What do you like best?

SpyFu offers in-depth and easy-to-understand tutorials that unlock the potential of the platform. During my first week of using SpyFu, I was able to generate reports that got our agency it's very first client. Additionally, I am consistently stunned by the amount of information available on best performing ads with screenshots of historical page results.

What do you dislike?

My biggest dislike involves the auto-selected competitors for competitor analysis. Anytime I analyzed competition, I had to delete the pre-filled recommendations and add more accurate competitors. Although it is an easy manual fix, it may be something that could add value to those who are not sure who their "true" competition is. Additionally (although it is not a true dislike), my biggest obstacle was having so much knowledge on hand. Sometimes I found myself spending too much time uncovering all the valuable layers of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend SpyFu to anyone who works with Google AdWords or SEO.

As a digital marketing agency, SpyFu solves the issue of knowing whether or not potential clients are being honest about their numbers. It allows me to go into a sales pitch knowing more about the clients than they themselves know (in regard to both AdWords and SEO).

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Great tool for PPC competitor analysis"

What do you like best?

The biggest reason our agency uses SpyFu is for its competitor analysis for paid search. It clearly displays a ballpark of how much a domain is spending on paid search per month, and it also provides keyword analysis, including estimated CPCs, positioning, etc.

What do you dislike?

I wish the paid search data was a little more accurate. I understand that it's scraped from the web, but at times, the estimated monthly ad budget is way off, as are some of the keywords and the bids.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Utilize this tool for paid search analysis, but by no means think that it's 100% accurate.

What SpyFu does for our business is allows us to provide high-level PPC account audits and competitor analysis for our clients. This has aided us in closing more clients and providing better service and overall strategies as an agency.

SpyFu review by  Atilla V.
 Atilla V.

"Great way to find profitable keywords "

What do you like best?

The best feature of Spyfu in my opinion is called "Kombat," where you compare the keywords used by you and your competitors and are shown which ones are the ones that generate a lot of results for them, but which you're not using.

What do you dislike?

It is overwhelming first to navigate through all the available reports (and reports sometimes might have too much data), but it's great that you can have a live conversation with one of their team members, who can orient you in the beginning.

Spyfu has helped me size up the client's competition and given me a benchmark to work with, to be able to tell whether the client's SEO position was on target or not.

SpyFu review by Dave D.
Dave D.

"Great product, especially for the price"

What do you like best?

I'd say my favorite feature is the ability to get a feel for what competitors are doing on paid search. Investigating keywords and their estimated CPC is handy but reviewing their ad copy over time is probably even more valuable.

What do you dislike?

I can't really say I dislike anything. I suppose the backlink data leaves something to be desired but I use other tools for backlink research and always have but it might be problematic for others.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll want to look at a different backlink research tool if that applies but it's great for competitor research.

The main problem we were trying to solve was getting paid search competitive intelligence and it delivered. The organic data it pulls is an added bonus.

SpyFu review by Kevin G.
Kevin G.

"Great Tool for Understanding the Search Results Landscape"

What do you like best?

This tool is easy to use and provides many different ways to slice and dice the data to get what you want to know.

What do you dislike?

In the full data dump of keywords it does take some filtering and analysis to understand what is actually happening with your competitors but would rather see the full data set rather than a stripped down list.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version of this product is OK and gets you some great info but the paid version has been well worth the price for us.

We are reviewing the data to determine competitor landscape and unearth content opportunities. We have gained additional insights that led to optimizations to content that set the content apart.

SpyFu review by Jim G.
Jim G.

"Great Product, Great Customer Service"

What do you like best?

GrUnlike other technology based web services they actually have a person that answers a phone and returns calls promptly. It fact, which ever way you would like to engage with them either via online chat or email they are very attentive. My first experience was when I had a question about the service I called and got their phone message system. I promptly received a return call from Jeff within minutes, not hours of days! As far as the product, they have a service that has helped me to identify some opportunities and provide me with some vital education in the area of SEO and PPC. I like how they send an occasional video on some aspect of the service that I had not quite grasped and furnished me with an ah-ha moment. The value for the small price I pay is better than anything I've experienced from any web based technology company.

What do you dislike?

I have not found anything I don't like about SpyFu

Recommendations to others considering the product

They are at the top of the curve and know how to do business.

I had a need for learning about current practices and resources for doing SEO and the SpyFu resource showed up. Since it has a reasonable investment to get started I thought I'd give it a try and am very glad that I did. It has provided me with the insights for my SEO plus opened up other opportunities as well.

SpyFu review by Charlie F.
Charlie F.

"Good PPC Competitor Insight"

What do you like best?

I am now in my first month of the paid version of this program. I found the reports helpful in showing clients some ideas on how to mix up their ppc campaigns based on what the leaders in their industry are doing.

What do you dislike?

The pricing structure initially charged me $49 a month. But then I happened to see on another browser that in fact the pricing was $29 for the exact same service. I complained and was issued a refund, but that left an unpleasant impression. I think that at $29 a month, this service is a good value.

Recommendations to others considering the product

At least try it out for a month on the paid version ... much more details than you will get on the free one.

Research to show Adwords text ads, keywords from the competition.

SpyFu review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Long-time user - valuable tool, but could use some updates"

What do you like best?

I really like the Kombat tool. It helps identify keyword our competitors are ranking for, but we're not.

The keyword research> Related Keywords tool is extremely helpful when building out new PPC campaigns. I also love the keyword grouping feature!

What do you dislike?

I question the accuracy of some of the competitive research stats....specifically with PPC Research. Additionally, there is often a delay in running the Recon Reports. This seems to have improved in recent months however it was a frequent problem for my SEO team last year.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You'll be up and running in minutes!

We often leverage SpyFu for Competitive SEO and PPC research when putting together proposals as well as full PPC and/ or SEO plans. We also use the tool for SEO tracking for many of our clients. We also include the Recon reports in many of our client's custom monthly SEO reports.

SpyFu review by Dan D.
Dan D.

"Good competitive insight"

What do you like best?

Spyfu is very easy to use. To get started all you need to do is type in a url and instantly you get insight into paid and organic search terms. This is often a tool we'll use to see how we hold up against our competitors.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it identifies possible competitors and I wished there was a way to elliminate sites that are completely irrelevant. For example I work in B2B and I think it would be great if I could filter for those types of sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's very easy to get excited by the data you'll gain access to but before signing up, it's important to have a clear sense of what your end game is and how you want to use the information

We're using the tool to do keyword research and competitive analysis. I've realized that we have to think differently about how we build our keyword strategy. This tool can be beneficial when combined with Google Analytics.

SpyFu review by Michelle K. J.
Michelle K. J.

"Provides unique insight on competitors"

What do you like best?

The free version of Spyfu is extremely useful, especially for people that are established on adwords but still have plenty of room to improve. The information is very accurate when I look at my websites profile and compare it to our Google Adwords account. There are several other similar tools out there that provide bits and pieces of this information but I find that Spyfu is the most comprehensive.

What do you dislike?

I would not recommend Spyfu to people beginning with adwords that are not familiar with the technical terms. It can be a lot of information to look at unless you know what you are looking for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Spyfu is most useful to people who have a thorough understanding of SEO and their Google Adwords account. If you are very serious about your campaigns I would recommend investing in a paid plan.

Better understanding our competitors SEO profile. We are also able to research keywords that we may be missing out on or where we may be overspending on our budget.

SpyFu review by Eric R.
Eric R.

"Spy-Master"

What do you like best?

I like to feature you have such as combat!

I also like the exporting and some of the API features.

support rocks!

What do you dislike?

The Fact I can't integrate with trello, Asana, and Basecamp

UX needs help. I think subjicating the user experience will help firms crush it

It takes too long to get to where u need to be.

Choose this do this.

Can't you just take the SEO and use the program based on this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Better know your metrics. If not it's like analytics used to be. Great product but prior knowledge is key.

ROI projections such as CPA and CPL

SpyFu review by Agency in Internet
Agency in Internet

"Great Tool for Competitor Analysis"

What do you like best?

The tool has a nice set of features. We use this tool primarily for Pay Per Click Research and to do competitor analysis as well as doing keyword research. We like that SpyFu captures the ads and shows you ad spend as well as percentages and top performing ads. We do perform some SEO related research. We like the Kombat Feature and the Reporting allows you to produce un-branded Reports for Exporting. We also like the Ranking History, you can go back several years and see exactly when a website changed direction and drill into it using keyword filters.

What do you dislike?

The tool for PPC focuses on Adwords, It would be very nice if the tool could integrate Facebook PPC as well. I would like to see more hidden gems shared with the news letter. We think that the backlink tool could use a bit of work and maybe provide more insight into the backlink types maybe with some mouse over tool tips. We would also like to be able to select which elements we can export as PDF versus only being able to export what is displayed on the page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great tool for the money.

We can perform the competitor analysis that we offer to clients. The interface allows us to generate an unbranded Competitor Analysis Report which is very helpful with prospective clients.

SpyFu review by User in Internet

"The Best (If Not Only) Platform To Use"

What do you like best?

Part of my job at the company that I work for is constantly evaluating the software and services that we use. It's my job to make sure that we are getting the best bang for the buck. In all my years of working with this and other companies, I have never found another tool that offers more data and insight than SpyFu. Trust me -I have tried all of them.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing that I dislike about this service. If you find something to dislike then you're either not using the software correctly or you don't know what you're doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Keep up the good work.

The value of the reporting features cannot be understated. SpyFu help me understand that some of the keywords we were using for clients were not the most effective. This tool allowed us to better target and convert visitors for our clients

SpyFu review by Walter J.
Walter J.

"SpyFu Rocks"

What do you like best?

SEO is a crazy service to pay for. It can seem like throwing money into a blackhole. SpyFu helps me determine if money spent is making a difference and where it is making a difference.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike. The product is excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It will save you tons of time and energy. They have created the perfect platform to help you with collecting data about your internet marketing efforts.

I have been able to use SpyFu to make sure we are outshining any of our competitors and if they are beating us in anyway we can immediately recognize that and formulate a strategy to overcome them.

SpyFu review by Kimberly K.
Kimberly K.

"Perfect for the beginner or seasoned analyst"

What do you like best?

Ease of data digestion & videos to explain concepts fully. This removes guess work and teach everyone a little bit more about the program and the work they are using it for.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing I see that needs to be improved here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch the videos! They will teach you how to use the program to its fullest potential and also learn more about how you can better help your clients.

I do SEO marketing for businesses working to gain rank in that area. The benefits include taking out the guess work and having the competitors strategies!

SpyFu review by Paul A.
Paul A.

"SpyFu Tool Review"

What do you like best?

I liked the menu tab categories access -you can start typing in either keywords, domain url allowing you to spy on your competitors, whether it is for pay-per-click (PPC) campaigns and/or organic SEO research.

The SERP reports were built with good visibility of ranking visibility, monthly stats, domain strengths and social score. You could also either download or export as a pdf document.

What do you dislike?

The reason I give up on this tool was essentially because I disliked the fact that Spyfu is lacking data or underperforms when running a research for the UK or certain countries in Europe. It gives you little or very limited information or no data for this region. Specially in backlinks and lead/data information area.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I llike SpyFu and I think its a great tool if you are based or dealing with North America projects. They know their stuff and it is an SEO monitoring tool that can really help you gather information on your/other's people competition to help you build a winning strategy. In particular if you work daily on the PPC and SEO campaigns. The other positive side of it is that you can quickly navigate through the relevant data and see other businesses campaign's mistakes, analyse where they're lacking in keyword strategy and tactics and apply it to create your very own successful PPC campaigns and SEO strategy for your own business.

When working for clients I logged onto SpyFu which allowed me to quickly identify my client's opponents but also if they were running any PPC campaigns. I could easely use it to monitor and gather information on their direct competitors, specifically on SEO and PPC and campaigns in order to feed back and get up to speed. The main benefits whenusing the tool were: data extraction in order to create my reports, rebranding with my company logo and/or other company-related information. This is very useful if you do audit or share these SEO reports with your clientes.

I could also see advertising history, particular relevant keyword with backlinks, contact information, so you could reach out those relevant online businesses for potential back-linking opportunities. But as I said it only works well for US, Canada.

SpyFu review by Jonathan M.
Jonathan M.

"Terrible data"

What do you like best?

It has a good interface, but what use is that when the data backing it up is garbage.

What do you dislike?

SpyFu basically sold a dream that you could accurately find out what your competitors were up to as well as give you blueprint for creating a Google AdWords campaign with keyword suggestions. None of this is true. Their info on who is buying AdWords is extremely unreliable. I was actually with a client showing them my SpyFu report on their competitors. SpyFu basically said their competitors were not using AdWords. Then the client showed me the competitors' AdWords campaign popping up in their browser. This is was a very concrete example of bad data, but I've had a feeling that their data was bad before this. I would find discrepancies here and there between what SpyFu was reporting to me and what I was seeing in the real world, but it was difficult to really pin down if there was just a lag in the SpyFu data collection or something else going on. But I now feel that I have proof that their data cannot be trusted to match what is happening in the real world.

Additionally, their keyword suggestions fluctuate wildly from what Google presents as it own keyword data. I asked a SpyFu rep about the discrepancy between the Google keyword suggestions and SpyFu's suggestions and the rep admitted that Google is going to be the more accurate source.

Another feature that I found unreliable was their "backlink tool" that would show you other sites linking to the site you're investigating. How it works is, I'm researching Site A. I investigate the backlinks. SpyFu says that Site A has backlinks at Site B, C, and D. But here's the problem, go to B, C, and D and you likely will find no links to Site A. What's the point of showing backlinks that don't seem to link at all? If this happened only occasionally, that would be one thing, but it happens more often than not. Whether this is caused by out of date data or whatever, it still renders the tool useless.

As a final note, when I cancelled SpyFu, I was given a retention offer to keep the service at half price for life. Just thorwing that out there. If you, for whatever reason, want to use this junk, make sure your at least not paying full price for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't use it. Their data cannot be trusted. I was in a client meeting showing them SpyFu data only to have the client prove to me that the data was wrong.

I was using it as a tool to help my clients perform SEO and create Google AdWords campaigns.

SpyFu review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Spyfu"

What do you like best?

The level of details about competition. The keyword information such as difficulty and searches per month.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't work on mobile or tablet. I can't get to my projects on the phone or my tablet. Also the screen for my projects is cut off at the top on my laptop. I mainly have to use this on my desktop computer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, you might find some valuable insights.

It has helped me realize that there are specific keywords I should target, that were not obvious before using the program. Some keywords I had previously targeted before using spyfu had little to no search volume. Now I will not waste time on those.

SpyFu review by James H. H.
James H. H.

"A Top PPC and SEO Tool"

What do you like best?

SpyFu provides excellent data on keyword usage. The added value is Spyfu empowers you with competitor information. Competitors have gone through a similar process to find customers. You can see what works for them to increase your own knowledge.

What do you dislike?

It would be good to have a visual side-by-side competitor comparison of elected metrics/data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! Spyfu is an industry leader because thousands of internet marketing companies have gone through a vendor evaluation process and slected them. If you're committed to being a top drawer agency SpyFu should be in your toolbox.

It's vital to get optimal click-throughs for every dollar spent on PPC. SPyFu has enabled us to create PPC (and SEO targeting) for our clients that maximizes their ROI.

SpyFu review by Kevin F.
Kevin F.

"Excellent tool for SEO!"

What do you like best?

I love being able to check on my competitors and use that information to improve my google rankings!

What do you dislike?

I would like to have on page SEO ideas as this is also really useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using Spyfu, it is good value for money in comparison to others like SEMrush.

With Spyfu I can now see where I rank for certain keywords and what page ranks. I can also use my competitors pages that rank higher and see what they do. So this is helping me climb the rankings organically.

SpyFu review by Leonardo L.
Leonardo L.

"Amazing tool to improve SEO and create Adwords campaign"

What do you like best?

It offers a view of competitors and allow us to do keyword research. You can download csv of data, not only keywords but also backlinks.

keyword allow us to create campaign

What do you dislike?

It lacks a rest api to connect our inside system to spyfu automatically. We download csv and do manual imports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SpyFU offers you a view of your company that you need to have.

Improving search ranks and our adwords campaign are targeting new keywords

SpyFu review by John P.
John P.

"Great SEO Research Tool"

What do you like best?

Love that we can "spy" on competitors to see how they are spending their digital advertising budget as well as seeing organic keywords that they are ranking for.

What do you dislike?

The lack of "local" keywords. Being an agency in Portland, Maine, we have many Maine clients. They are trying to reach local customers. Seeing those local keywords/ads would help.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to know what your competitors are doing without guessing, this is the software for you.

Solved Problems:

Where to focus our organic attention

How competitors are phrasing their ads

Benefits:

Same as above

SpyFu review by Michael B.
Michael B.

"Spyfu is one of the must have tools and a search marketers bag of tools"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features, but most importantly the value of analyzing your competitors campaigns in both paid and organic, gives not only extra insight but it is a critical part of a strategy.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I feel its convoluted, in other words so much clutter and buttons that is hard to find what is what.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a must have tool with more insight then most other tools ofter

We need to provide strategy, provide budgets, provide competition in order to win and maintain our PPC and SEO client base.

SpyFu review by Johnny N.
Johnny N.

"Spy Fu is an excellent prospect thermometer"

What do you like best?

The historical data graphs are excellent, having this a little more granular would be helpful. Seeing all of a client's PPC history is great for showing them where things were mismanaged or done well enough to emulate.

What do you dislike?

There could be more customization for the client vs competition reporting. Seeing these graphs over time is a really invaluable tool to see success & failure.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it! It saves so much guess work!

Showing clients where they need to improve their standing online. I absolutely love the keyword analysis on a monthly basis.

SpyFu review by Nickolas P.
Nickolas P.

"SpyFu - Arm your team with business intelligence"

What do you like best?

I like that Spyfu provides PPC & SEO spend among several other metrics that are important for me to know in order to do my job. It's easy to use and I enjoy the user experience.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much I dislike. There's so many benefits to using Spyfu, and I haven't found very many dislikes about this tool. I've heard from colleagues that the quliaty of information may not be the best at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the competition section to add more companies to your pipeline to prospect.

It arms me with intellgence that I could use in my messaging and prospecting. Spyfu provides SEO, keywords, estimated monthly Adwords budget, and much more.

SpyFu review by Jessica D.
Jessica D.

"SpyFu has helped our company gain insight on competitor performance and optimize our current clients"

What do you like best?

SpyFu has an amazing report on SEO, SEM and dives deep into our competitors' data to gain an upperhand on the industry performance. The Adwords review with ad reviews from our current clients shows the current trend over the last few years of best performance to optimize in the right season.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any dislikes for SpyFu other than wanting the estimated advertising cost/spend for our competitors' spend to be more accurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SpyFu will open doors for your company to gain the upper-hand in the digital advertising world! Get to know how your website performs along with the top competitors in the area.

We have been able to increase performance on our current clients based on the reports that SpyFu offers on our competitors as well as our clients individual performance.

SpyFu review by Matt C.
Matt C.

"Amazing Tool"

What do you like best?

The breadth of tools that allow you to understand the specifics of what impacts your SEO

What do you dislike?

The interface could be a bit easier to use, but its really quite good.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a really fantastic tool for SEO and SEM research. I find it easier to use that the free google tools and provides much richer info that can be used to make better decisions,.

Understand where we rank and compare to our competition. We also use it to better understand what specific keywords we should be bidding on for PPC

SpyFu review by User in Computer Software

"No better service available for keyword and AdWord analysis"

What do you like best?

What I like the best is that they show the historical ads using the same keywords you're considering so you can see what works overall; same with keywords for SEO. It's really fantastic to see which keywords your competitor is optimized to use.

What do you dislike?

It's easy to get confused about where you are on the site sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Their tutorials and videos are great. Go through them thoroughly to get the best use of the product.

SpyFu solves the problem of how to position our SEO optimization and our Google AdWords campaigns against those of our competitors in different market segments, which is enlightening! We benefited from adding keywords and ads to compete with how our competitors position themselves.

SpyFu review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"It does what it's suppose to."

What do you like best?

We did find good value out of the tools and reports. We even recommended it to some clients.

What do you dislike?

With that said, we are taking a hiatus to explore other tools, As we feel there are still some intel that is missing--- sometimes unable to pick up top competitors. We still have to use different software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

A very good starting point. It's nicely laid out and to get started is not hard.

Spyfu provides historical intel on competitors. It's also nice to see how clients stack up against competitors side-by-side.

Agency in Marketing and Advertising

"Helps me build out new accounts"

What do you like best?

I like that it helps me get new campaigns ready faster. Keyword research is one of the most time consuming parts of a new build, so being able to see what competitors are using makes my work faster.

What do you dislike?

One thing I wish Spyfu covered is Shopping ads. The other thing I wish for is more countries covered besides the US and UK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Unless you have a lot of international accounts, this tool is great.

Keyword research mainly. I also use it a bit for ad copy research. The biggest benefit for me is not having to dive through SERPs manually all the time to see what competitors are doing.

SpyFu review by Donny M.
Donny M.

"Marketing PPC to Client and using Spyfu to super charge Ad = Priceless"

What do you like best?

The ability to have competitor ad data at my finger tips and being able to wield years of data creates a win win situation for any campaign.

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to dislike about Spyfu but only praises for their service.

Since I'm not up to speed with every client's industry keyword, this help take the guess work out and more time building the campaigns in hours and not weeks.

SpyFu review by Michael R.
Michael R.

"SpyFu has incredible tools, support, and growth potential"

What do you like best?

The raw data that i get from multiple sources to help make decisions on how to market my customers.

What do you dislike?

At first it wasn't user friendly, but that all changed when they streamlined how they display the data and added more support files.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do the free trial first to see if it will meet your needs.

I am able to detect what keyword phrases would benefit my customers the most and if the data for these keyword phrases stick after a long time.

SpyFu review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Free is good but paid may be better"

What do you like best?

I like that you can get insights for paid search on competition in your area. This has helped a lot with building out campaign plans for clients that are more niche

What do you dislike?

Not surprise, but the free version only gets you so far. If you have a company that will pay for the premium version, you're in luck! Paid allows you to see all the data they have for paid search as well as other analysis on SEO and other aspects of their business and the competition.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend upgrading to the paid version if you can. It is not that expensive for a full year and can be super helpful if you know how to use it.

We use it to get a deeper insight into what a new client looks like online as well as what their competition is doing. This has helped us get ideas for our own clients and with optimizations. Sometimes we get ideas of things we would not have thought of, so it is great!

SpyFu review by Deji A.
Deji A.

"Great tool for Adwords research/spying on your competitors"

What do you like best?

The fact that you can look at what your competitors are doing on Adwords and actually see whats been successful for them.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. The tool has all the features that I need to do my research

The problem spyfu solves for me is to give me a glimpse of how best to structure my ad campaign on google, take a look at what has been working and then also tie in SEO to figure out what keywords are best to target.

SpyFu review by Mike F.
Mike F.

"A Must Have Tool for SEO & SEM"

What do you like best?

SpyFu is by far the best tool out there today from a UI/UX perspective. It is so good in this regard, I have no problem doing screenshots into powerpoint when I present results to my clients.

What do you dislike?

I was a longtime freemium user of SpyFu. When I finally purchased a subscription I took advantage of a screen share live tutorial. I came away unimpressed and just poked around myself.

SEO & SEM discovery prep for lead gen

Managing client programs & competitors

SpyFu review by JOE D.
JOE D.

"Excellent software and company"

What do you like best?

They have awesome support, the site is simple and it works.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. There is a big learning curve when it comes to seo and ppc. They might want to have an article for people that have no idea what PPC even stands for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Listen to their suggestions

Starting a PPC and SEO campaign and I am very confident that I have really good data to make a decision from.

SpyFu review by Patrick C.
Patrick C.

"Great Intelligence tool for competitors!"

What do you like best?

Great keyword insight from competitor keywords. It helps set up a baseline on how we should approach our ad buys and landing pages

What do you dislike?

Not much at the moment. We are still learning the product and so far so good

We are just starting our keyword campaigns from both an SEO and PPC standpoint. It's a helpful tool to get a better idea on how we should be structuring our landing pages and ad buys.

SpyFu review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Is Too Much a Good Thing?"

What do you like best?

My firm mostly uses SpyFu for Keyword research when it comes to creating new Google Advertising builds.

What do you dislike?

While there have been many new components added to the software; we aren't taking advantage of them. The company continuously harps on the "backlinking" component. We know that's important, but it seems like it will always be used as their scapegoat for things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I definitely recommend using all of their features. It seems as though the company wants to keep adding product lines...however we'd be happy with a slimmed down keyword tool (for a slimmed down expense)

We are quickly building PPC Campaigns as well as finding important keywords. We realized that backlinking is huge and need to be doing this.

SpyFu review by Matt N.
Matt N.

"A key component of our marketing mix"

What do you like best?

The competition reports are invaluable we use them quite frequently in preparing directional recommendations for our clients.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, it's a nice clean simple tool set to use that is a very important tool in our marketing toolbox these days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Not really, it's a great product.

SpyFu helps us target our starting points with clients more quickly, we can get a better market snapshot which helps us avoid potentially fruitless efforts.

SpyFu review by toby j.
toby j.

"i love spyfu "

What do you like best?

i like how much info you can get so easy it truly is the best place to spy on the compatition. i also love the seo reports they have great informnation. it alos is the best tool for adwords out there

What do you dislike?

nothing i like everything what could anyone not like about spyfu you would have to be a fu lol

Recommendations to others considering the product

buy now save money on adwords

key word reserch andadwords ads it solves the problem of waisting money

SpyFu review by Jo Anne P.
Jo Anne P.

"SpyFu is the Only Keyword Resource You Need to Dominate the Marketing Game"

What do you like best?

It 3 different software programs to produce the results that SpyFu can produce on its own

What do you dislike?

The Grouping was a bit confusing at first

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have already recommended to three users!

Currently using the platform for developing longtail keywords and niche content. The software gives me the ability to find keywords in different language tones which have ultimately led to new target markets.

SpyFu review by Fars B.
Fars B.

"Best tool I have ever used "

What do you like best?

Spyfu provides amazing tools with amazing service. I like the word search tool where you can brain storm more ideas from one word.

What do you dislike?

If there is something that I would dislike about this tool is the price.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would say try them you will never regret it.

I was able to find good words that I can use in my ad campaigns.

SpyFu review by Steve "Kaz" K.
Steve "Kaz" K.

"Makes Me Look Good to My Clients"

What do you like best?

You don't have to have a PhD in SEO or PPC to quickly find ways to improve sites. I can brand the reports with my company logo when sending to my clients.

What do you dislike?

No complaints. It's a great tool. Have not come across anything I don't like.

What keywords my competitors are using and how successful are they. How is my SEO and PPC compare.

SpyFu review by Jonathan S.
Jonathan S.

"Awesome Tool for SEO and SEM"

What do you like best?

Quick access to really valuable information and an easy user flow to dig deeper and deeper into the data.

What do you dislike?

I think the way you manage projects is a bit complicated, and if you forget to switch projects, you might add lots of keywords to the wrong project.

We use Spyfu in our sales process to show potential clients opportunities we can help them attack.

SpyFu review by Scott B.
Scott B.

" Great tool for competitive research "

What do you like best?

The Kombat tool where you can compare up to two competitors with your own site and see what keywords you share or exclusive is one of the best features.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit pricey if you are an independent consultant, but for any company of size, it is worth the cost

Finding out what keywords my competitors are bidding on, and which ones we share, and which ones they are owning has been the biggest benefit

SpyFu review by Matthew B.
Matthew B.

"One of the best SEO/PPC competitive analysis tools on the market!"

What do you like best?

The UI is one of the cleanest and easiest to use. I love how intuitive the platform is in its design and functionality.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any complaints about the platform at this time...it has consistently delivered above expectations.

I needed a way to make sure we were bidding on the same keywords as our competitors, which keywords they were bidding on that we weren't, as well as track organic rankings/results...

SpyFu review by Adam J.
Adam J.

"So much information!"

What do you like best?

The depth and breadth of the information in Spyfu is amazing, almost to a fault. Thankfully there are some great tutorials that help on how to use the info which I would recommend watching else you may get lost in the features. The power is in the data.

What do you dislike?

Not a dislike, but it is easy to get lost when you first start, so be patient.

For me running e-commerce stores, it is all about competitor analysis and Adwords keywords. It has helped refine those campaigns to compete in a cost-effective way.

SpyFu review by Emyli V.
Emyli V.

"Most reliable ad spend and ad history tool on the market"

What do you like best?

The ad history feature is more up to date than SEMRush

What do you dislike?

The ad spend projections are often inaccurate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

SpyFu has a very helpful report building feature that sets it apart from SEMRush.

I reach out to businesses who have opportunities to improve their ads. For this reason, it's important that I can see recent ad history and ad spend in SpyFu. I also like the design of the site better than SEMRush.

SpyFu review by Wendell W.
Wendell W.

"Solid metrics that provide actionable data"

What do you like best?

The metrics are accurate and allow us to create very strong organic and PPC campaigns that help the customer.

What do you dislike?

Not much at this point. I can't really say.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a tool that will help you craft strong organic and paid campaigns, look no further.

We're helping our clients understand what keywords are most important in their local market.

SpyFu review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Finding similar suppliers"

What do you like best?

This is a great tool for expanding your e commerce business, it helps you find more distributors and suppliers that don’t show up on google, these are better quality companies from the “rabbit hole”.

What do you dislike?

I wish you could specify which country you want your search to be in. I’m looking for US suppliers for my business and a lot of the time it will show me AU and UK and CA.

I’ve been able to find similar suppliers in categories I already have suppliers in. It’s helping expand my business and more product buying opportunities.