SQLyog

SQLyog is a database management tool for MySQL GUI.

Work for SQLyog?

Learning about SQLyog?

SQLyog Reviews

Ask SQLyog a Question
Showing 31 SQLyog reviews
SQLyog review by soma s.
soma s.

"Best Database Management Tool"

What do you like best?

I feel SQLyog is the best application I have seen ever to manage the mysql databases.It is simple to download and install. The databases are arranged in the treeview control, by expanding the tree we can get the collection of nodes which shows the names of the tables. It is easy to use and backups are very fast. We can transfer the data from one DB to another with ease.

What do you dislike?

I don't find any major problems regarding SQLyog, but for some people it seems to be confusing in some of the cases(when we talk about the freshers). And also when we try to open some tables, it crashes suddenly.

And the root connection, sometimes this creates a problem a lot. Other than these things, there are no much problems with this tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would like to recommend this tool to the freshers. Though it is confusing in some cases, but it becomes easy if we have the grip of using this tool from beginning, as I feel that SQLyog is the best tool when compared to another tools. And also it is easy to create databases in this, we can easily dump the tables, alter the tables, execute the queries easily and read the errors easily. I love to use this tool in my projects.

I have been using this tool from many years, then I realized the benefits of this tool. First thing it is very fast, and we can manually execute the queries. Also it is easy to read errors and fix them. When others sent the new database, it is easy to dump without any problem.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SQLyog
SQLyog review by Ignacio M.
Ignacio M.

"best mysql tool used so far"

What do you like best?

the amount of options you get to customize your experience are great. the way that the data grids display is super simple but also very convenient and easy to visualize, which might sound obvious for a data base management tool, but it doesn't happen in all of the cases. The connections import tool works in a great and fast way. the data search feature is also very useful and adds a great value to a tool like this.

The tool gives you the option to format query, which becomes extremely helpful, especially when you need to bring code from html or xml codes

What do you dislike?

UI is not the most good looking, but it keeps is simple. If you look visual customization, there are options to change the object browser color schema, which is not great, but it does allow some customization

Recommendations to others considering the product

definitely worth it if you are mysql data base user.

connect to mysql databases becomes easy with sqlyog. Having the formatting tool allows you to properly format queries without having to use other tools like toad or notepad + + ,

What Non-Native Database Management Systems solution do you use?

SQLyog review by George B.
George B.

"The best tool I've ever used for database management."

What do you like best?

The schema sync tool. It makes the work so much easier. I also love the fact that is has SSH connection, and of course, data sync tool in that order. This tool is so much better than any other tool out there for when you need to connect to a MySQL or Aurora database. Also, I haven't had the chance to experiment with all of the features available in there.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it still crashes when trying to sync between servers. Not available on a Mac, or Linux, but that's fine since I develop on Windows. You guys need to make more tools like these. Maybe an IDE in the future? If you guys made it available on a Mac, and Notepad++ became available on the mac, I might have to move to a Mac since my whole company is on the Mac.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have Windows and develop on MySQL or Aurora, do NOT miss this product. Well worth the money!!! Most developers I know usually implement Laravel because of the database stuff it can do. With this product, we don't need to do that. It's a couple of clicks, removing the need for additional components to be run.

Time saver! The sync tool allows me to not try to write additional code when doing database management. I don't need to run additional scripts to backup databases, or keep schemas in sync. It has saved me countless hours by making things easier and quicker.

SQLyog review by Richard S.
Richard S.

"SQLyog is the Sql Manager of choice if you are doing any MySQL development"

What do you like best?

I have been working with Sql Server since it’s first introduction. About a year ago, for various business reasons, we decided to port about 100,000 lines of Sql stored procedures to MySQl. We chose the Aurora MySQl version offered by Amazon. At first glance the SQL workbench should have provided all of the necessary functionality. But unfortunately this was not the case. So I started looking for alternatives, the recommended MySql manager did not appear to offer any advantages. Then I came across SQLyog, Hard to pronounce but definitely a better choice. I downloaded the free version to try it out and was instantly sold on the product. After about a week of trying it out we purchased the license to the product. What did it offer:

1.High reliability. The MySQL Workbench would crash for unknown reasons and was not supported on Windows Server, my development environment.

2. More functionality. As you can imagine converting a thousand of stored procedures from Sql Server to MySQL is no small task. After analyzing the code differences I was able to do a general conversion fairly quickly and then tweaking as I debugged the code with my web site code.

3. Backup functionality. Easy to make one file per object backups. This was useful to give me the ability to store my work in SVN so I can track and preserver changes over time, as well as off site backup.

4. Saving the open work files when closing and reopening the program. This is a great handy feature, one I wish Sql Server Manager had.

What do you dislike?

Improvements needed: the product is great as it stands but I would like to see the following improvements.

1. When opening a stored procedure for alterations position the cursor at the top of the file instead of the bottom of the file, as I seem to always need to go back to the top to start working.

2. Add the standard Cut and paste keystroke functionality every other windows based program has namely Ctrt-X to cut the current line. As well as any other keyboard shortcuts you are missing

3. I know there were a couple of other improvements I would like to see but it slips my mind right now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just Do It.

By using SQLyog we were able to do our conversion much faster especially due to not randomly crashing like MySQL Workbench does.

SQLyog review by juan carlos g.
juan carlos g.

"Admin your databases like a boss"

What do you like best?

Best features of SQLYog:

- I can synchronize all my databases without executing a SQL dump, just using "Schema synchronization tool".

- You can sync and copy data from other databases with the "Visual data comparison wizard", share your data between all your databases without any problem, just click on the source database and the destination database, and the SQLYog will do the job.

- The "User Manager" tool helps with your database users and the roles of each, you can create, update and remove users just from that view, without writing a command in the console.

What do you dislike?

The visual data comparison not working if you have differences between the schemas, it will be nice if before to compare both databases you would make the synchronization between schemas without close the window.

Also, sometimes the program closes suddenly and you can copy your SQL sentences, so you will lose the job.

Like I say before, it helps me a lot with the synchronization between data and schemas in all my databases. I don't need to make a dump of my database to import in another one, with that tool I can make it simple and fast.

SQLyog review by Vijay R.
Vijay R.

"Good Experience on SQLyog"

What do you like best?

I love this program.I have used it for past 6 months.If we use SQLyog no need to use command promt for showing databases and records.It shows everything on the pannel.

What do you dislike?

we cannot download the older versions on web.This a bit of an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend to my collegue in my office.It very useful to every on.

We used SQL databases very well.we can use sql yog for time saving and we can see the records here what we executing the programs in sql.

SQLyog is being really lightweight and easy to use MYSQL client provide to be very useful to my work.

SQLyog review by Krishna M.
Krishna M.

"Undoubtedly the best MySQL Client"

What do you like best?

Software stability, size, CPU and memory usage, auto complete feature for queries, data import export and visual data synchronization. I started using SQL-yog with the community version then upgraded to professional and finally to ultimate.

What do you dislike?

There is no mac version available. Recently I started using mac and I have to switch to windows(on mac) in order to use SQL yog. This is a bit of an inconvenience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it with confidence. You will not regret it. The only minor disadvantage(apart from it being windows only software) is that you cannot download the older versions from SQL Yog website. They only host the latest versions of the software and so long as you have their support and upgrade plan you can download it from their website. If your upgrades eligibility expires, you need to make sure you have your version safely uploaded somewhere(e.g. google drive).

I initially bought this software for simple data base related tasks for my personal website's MySQL database. Soon I started using this at work and had advanced use cases to work with. I had requirements to write advanced tasks such as complex joins, aggregation operations, schema comparison and huge data import/export tasks from different environments. I have used professional version for some time only to upgrade it to ultimate later given that ultimate version supports many advanced features such as schema sync, data import from external formats, ssh tunneling, scheduled backups etc.

SQL yog being really lightweight and easy to use MySQL client proved to be very useful for my work.

SQLyog review by Sebastian H.
Sebastian H.

"Easy to use SQL editor, even for a designer like me"

What do you like best?

I love how I am able to quickly write and batch run multiple queries, edit data from within a search result and see the history of queries so I can reuse my work later. Before, I was using straight up MySQL to perform my queries and it was a headache. With SQLyog, I could duplicate the client's database and run my queries in a safe test environment with really quick, visually accessible results. Also, adding indexing to existing tables. So easy. Just a couple of clicks instead of lengthy queries.

What do you dislike?

I suppose the only thing I could say that I disliked about SQLyog was ... that you have to be somewhat familiar with SQL to use it? But then again, why are you editing an SQL database if you don't know anything about SQL?

Having said that, the GUI is really helpful. It helps you with a bunch of niceties, like formatting your text so its easier to read and auto-completing suggestions as you type, like a traditional code editor.

So, in short, I haven't really got anything against it. :/

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're not using an SQL editor yet, give this a try. It's easy to set up and I found it very useful while working with large amounts of data.

While working on a statistic analysis package for Southampton FC, the engineers on my team had to parse all of the player football statistics for every player in the Premier League. They managed to refine it into a subsection of stats that were most useful and it was up to me to write the queries that would investigate those statistics and represent them as histograms, donut charts and spider graphs within a bespoke piece of software that we were writing.

As a designer, I wasn't the most suited to writing complex SQL queries, but nevertheless it was my job. So I used MySQL to help visualise the queries I was writing, to test their results and to see where things were going astray. For example, if my query was supposed to return an image of a player and that image wasn't showing up in the editor, I would debug and find out exactly what was being returned. It helped me find the bugs quicker than if I used a traditional editor.

On top of that, since a lot of these bugs stemmed from similar origins, I was able to make great use of saved queries and also to mimic the data ingestion process by running batches of more complicated queries, thereby simulating the running environment. This saved me hours upon hours of mind numbing repetition. Life saver.

SQLyog review by JAYA S.
JAYA S.

"KEEPS SAFELY"

What do you like best?

It stores data in a very simple format rather than complexing it and data can be easily found in it at the time of need.You can store a number of data of different projects but still it stores it in a convenient nested folder format which makes searching easy.Even if you have done easily tick and create table operation it gives you the DDL information

What do you dislike?

UI is not attracting and you cannot make tables in many designs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Should be made attractive with design templates as many application provide

Data is being kept safe and in tabular form in simple tables.It gives option of manually code in SQL or simply tick your requirements.Even after the table is created with the help of info feature you can know which is primary key which is foreign key

SQLyog review by Richard L.
Richard L.

"Invaluable for working with MySQL servers"

What do you like best?

It's fast and feature packed. The ability to simply and quickly synchronise schemas and data between servers is amazing. Previously we'd used phpMyAdman but SQLyog blows it out of the water.

The visual comparison tool available in the Ultimate edition is very useful too. It allows you to diff different version of the database. They also have regular updates where they continue to add new features and improve the overall experience of the software.

It feels very stable and solid, I tried MySQL Workbench in the past but it didn't feel as polished as SQLyog.

I can not recommend this product highly enough as it's transformed how we work with our databases.

What do you dislike?

There is very little to dislike about this product, the one complaint I can think of is when printing a schema builder diagram the resolution is a bit low.

I'd like to be able to export a 'profile' of my settings or have them saved to the cloud as I lost all my favourited SQL snippets when reinstalling my computer, but it was my fault for not backing them up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Download the trial and you'll be hooked, it really is that good! There are free alternatives but they do not compare.

Managing databases, from designing and creating, to editing content, backing up and synchronising. It makes all of these tasks simpler and more efficient than any tool we'd previously used.

SQLyog review by Gema Aji W.
Gema Aji W.

"A great complete solution for MySQL administration."

What do you like best?

Easy to use user interface, HTTP and SSL tunnelling support with SSL encryption capability, great WINE compatibility for Linux, built-in schema designer, easy to use database synchronization tool.

What do you dislike?

Support for database other than MySQL, native Linux or Mac client, drag and drop support between multiple tabs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple to use application for just managing MySQL databases, give this a try.

I'm using SQLYog as a primary tool to managing database directly to the server for development or implementation directly to client server.

SQLyog review by Nagaraju K.
Nagaraju K.

"Best Product For SQL injections"

What do you like best?

I like user interface very much,because no need to use command prompt for sql queries.It shows all the databases in UI.Query execution is also very fast in Yog.

What do you dislike?

Need to improve SQL Formatter. We didn't get new versions of this product.

We can easily manipulate the data using SQL yog. We can Execute as many as queries at a time,because It will reduce time for us. We can dump our database to any system easily.

SQLyog review by Administrator in Real Estate
Administrator in Real Estate

"Great"

What do you like best?

SQLyog has great scheduling tools. It will sync up databases using checksums and update / add rows that do not exist into the target db. Migrations would be tedious and time consuming without this tool

What do you dislike?

There is nothing to dislike. It does everything it states it does. It is perfect.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are heavy into data migrations, imports, exports, and synchronizing databases this too is for you!

We need to migrate data daily. We migrate internal, marry data with internal changes to another database,. then sync that back up external. It literally saves us hours each day.

SQLyog review by User in Computer Software

"Great for synchronization"

What do you like best?

I heavily use two features:

- Database synchronization, which allows me to make a local copy of a cloud database for debugging

- User management, which makes it easy to understand permissions

What do you dislike?

Arrangement of menu system is a little clumsy, things are always easy to find, or named in a way that doesn't always communicate the purpose of the feature.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good product. Just works!

I was able to migrate very large databases. Running mysql_dump was not possible. Also allows me to connect through an ssh tunnel, to keep the database safe and secure.

SQLyog review by Dinesh J.
Dinesh J.

"Efficient and Powerful Mysql Database Client"

What do you like best?

SQLyog is a very powerful and efficient Mysql Database Client. You can connect to Local as well as Remote Mysql Databases. You cab create Databases, tables, edit them and insert data to them. Its makes database administration a seamless experience, helping you to utilize your more time and effort.

What do you dislike?

It needs to be installed on system, unlike phpmyadmin which runs in browser as a web application.

Ww use SQLyog for administering Mysql Databases.

SQLyog review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great Tool for getting the job done"

What do you like best?

The Tools section is the best for me. Database Schema syncing.

Then the ability to add functions, triggers, events, is much easier than other tools.

What do you dislike?

Not sure yet - I bought this for the features I needed. I use 3 different apps, but that is because I am used to doing tasks in each one and did not want to relearn.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get the trial - it will prove itself out to you.

Standing up new sites and replicating the set up of DBs.

SQLyog review by Jena G.
Jena G.

"online website tool"

What do you like best?

It's easy to use! I like that it is easy to enter information.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike about it!

I am solving the ability to manage large sets of text that are able to populate reports from other areas of our website

SQLyog review by User in Telecommunications
User in Telecommunications

"Essential MySQL Tool"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, much better than Workbench. Support and development have been very responsive to requests for improvements over the years.

What do you dislike?

Only 1 query execution is allowed for a machine at a time, locking the interface.

Maintaining more than 1000 DBs is slow with the tool, no lazy loading.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just buy it. There's no reason to use phpMyAdmin to do real work

When connecting to multiple mysql servers and wanting to perform queries, it's a very good tool.

SQLyog review by User in Computer Games
User in Computer Games

"Good open source MySQL amdin tool"

What do you like best?

Easy organization of all your MySQL databases you need to administer.

Able to save specific queries as Favorites.

Free and open source version available with it's Community Edition.

What do you dislike?

The UI is a little outdated compared to a lot of other MySQL tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a free easy to use MySQL administration tool I would recommend the Community edition. If you have the budget to pay for a tool I would compare with the other tools that are available also.

We needed a light MySQL tool so that we can make minor changes in our Build System and Dashboard MySQL db's when needed and this is achieve with the use of SQLyog.

SQLyog review by Areg V.
Areg V.

"Powerfull and easy to use tool for managing MySQL databases"

What do you like best?

Easy and intuitive interface

Ability to compare schema and sync if needed

User management much more easier

What do you dislike?

Not sure that I can recall any global problems as most of minor issues were addressed by support team quite well.

Possibly cross platform lack but that is resolvable by using VM.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Very easy to use and very powerful on options MySQL Manager.

Simplifies MySQL management and usage quite a lot.

Easy to manage multiple different MySQL instances

SQLyog review by Administrator in Program Development
Administrator in Program Development

"Good and fast to my work"

What do you like best?

Simply options, powerfull syncronize schema tool and others options.

What do you dislike?

The Powertool sync schema, not is possible sync one database with multiple database in a simple task.

I have a MASTER DB and a few OWNER DB, and when i update a MASTER DB, is necessary update schema, procedures and functions to all OWNER DB, and only runs of one to one.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Create sync schema tool one to multiple database.

Create tables, sync databases

SQLyog review by Administrator in Management Consulting
Administrator in Management Consulting

"Easy to use tool for SQL development"

What do you like best?

There are a lot of features I like, but the following are most important to me:

SSH Connection / tunnel

Ability to copy a database from one MySQL server to another

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that this is Windows only. However, it does run under Wine.

Allows secure access to MySQL through an SSH connection.

Ability to work with SQL files in an IDE type setting.

SQLyog review by Aspen O.
Aspen O.

"Great DB Tool for MySQL"

What do you like best?

Great for situations when the connection between you and the MySQL Server is not reliable. Tools like MySQL workbench lookup but SQLyog keeps working great.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. Love the tool for MySQL when client is a windows machine

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great solution for mysql

Writing SQL code on client machine

SQLyog review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"SQLyog Usability"

What do you like best?

SQLyog has the best tools ( Schema Synchronization, Data Synchronization, Import Data, Export Data) for managing and using MySQL Database

What do you dislike?

the only drawback is crashes when it can not connect to the Database

multiple server data management. this product makes it really easy to work with multiple servers that should have same data

SQLyog review by User in Consumer Goods
User in Consumer Goods

"SQLYOG review"

What do you like best?

SQLYOG is an easy to use, fully functional query and administration tool for my mySQL database. This tool does what other tools do for bigger power house databases.

What do you dislike?

It does everything I need, there isn't much to dislike. I would like it to be able to run a query with a hotkey as opposed to having to highlight and execute, but the some other tools don't do that too.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a powerful tool to administer your mysql database, SQLYog is a great product

db administration and data analysis

SQLyog review by George G.
George G.

"Good product, poor support"

What do you like best?

UI and UX

Export / backup features

Its better than standard mysql

What do you dislike?

Poor customer service and support

Disabling product downloads (even though you've paid for a lifetime product).

Constant marketing emails

Ui for mySQL for development

SQLyog review by Daniel J.
Daniel J.

"Excellent MySQL client"

What do you like best?

Ease of use with plenty of options and advanced tools

What do you dislike?

Issues with limited bandwidth as SQLyog will appear to have frozen.

Administration of our MySQL instances. Easier use than using mysql command line clients and mysql workbench GUI tools

SQLyog review by Eileen L.
Eileen L.

"Works Great"

What do you like best?

There is a minimal amount of time needed to learn the basics.

What do you dislike?

It might be helpful if there was a tutorial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't hesitate to try!

I'm a data analyst and this works great for me.

SQLyog review by User in Internet

"Best graphical interface for Sql Database"

What do you like best?

querying and database import and exports and procedures creation auto filling queries

What do you dislike?

if result not found it'll show table structure instead of no data found

fast querying and auto filling of queries error correction

SQLyog review by Administrator

"Feature rich tool making the job of DB admin and developer easier"

What do you like best?

Ease of use, history feature, ease in user management

What do you dislike?

Still have to use with wine on linux. so an initialization overhead.

Scheduling jobs, process management, user management, accessing multiple connections, backups, copying and replicating, storing queries etc

SQLyog review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"avid user of SQLyog"

What do you like best?

Pretty much every thing great program easy to use

What do you dislike?

the way it handles Explain to optimize queries

Recommendations to others considering the product

very good program, easy to use, great support

Use it for all my SQL functions (design, document, optimizing).

Learning about SQLyog?

* We monitor all SQLyog reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.