Square Appointments

With Square’s appointment scheduling software, customers can always access your availability and book their appointment online. Easily keep your schedule open and attract new business—even when you’re done for the day.

Work for Square Appointments?

Learning about Square Appointments?

Square Appointments Reviews

Showing 13 Square Appointments reviews
Square Appointments review by Natalie K.
Natalie K.

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

I like being able to schedule my clients' appointments right on the spot, not have to go home and keep things in a notebook and constantly erasing and re-writing things. I also like how it keeps my clients accountable by sending them notifications and reminders so I don't have to.

What do you dislike?

I don't like how I can't keep track of packages and how many sessions a client has used. For example, if a client purchases a set of 8 private yoga lessons, I want to be able to see how many sessions she has left on any given day. I started leaving this in the notes section of each appointment, and quickly discovered that it was saving that note for all of my future appointments. For example, I would put "session 3/8" in one of the notes, and then it would save "session 3/8" for ALL of her appointments, making it very misleading and confusing and I have to go back and fix them. I think if there was a way to be able to track number of sessions this could be fixed.

Saving time scheduling and reminding my clients. Fewer last minute cancellations = more money.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Square Appointments
Square Appointments review by Caitlin R.
Caitlin R.

"Square Appointments"

What do you like best?

I love the ease and convenience factors of using this for booking appointments!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I am unable to book two employees for one service (example: couples massage requires two therapists but does not allow for a required "two employees available" in order to book this session.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

The peace of mind that comes with the ease & convenience of using this is fantastic! Definitely research it, but don't hesitate to jump and do it if you think it will work for you! I have had nothing but positive feedback from clients & employees regarding the ease of use!

I have much more availability & ease of use! I can schedule appointments when I'm not at the office & clients can schedule at their convenience! It tracks everything & makes it so much easier to communicate with clients, reduces the number of no-show clients & also sends confirmation messages to clients!

What Online Appointment Scheduling solution do you use?

Square Appointments review by Alexandra C.
Alexandra C.

"Vital Tool for Local Small Business"

What do you like best?

Most people are now familiar with Square products, which is great, because our customers are very comfortable using the software and trust it. It's incredibly user friendly and easy to learn. Any problems have been quickly resolved by Square's customer service team, which I greatly appreciate.

What do you dislike?

I don't have any problems with it, but I wish the updates were a bit more regular. That would be my only suggestion, and that's not even a big deal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would 100% recommend Square Appointments. It is so easy to use, easier than Google Calendar. Also, since Square is widely used these days (at least in our area of New England) customers trust the product.

Square Appointments keeps up organized and on top of customer appointments and commitments. It has helped our business become more efficient and technology based. It also makes communicating with clients and team members easier.

Square Appointments review by Ashley M.
Ashley M.

"Want to look official while booking clients? This is the tool for you."

What do you like best?

What I loved about Square Appointments was the ability to have an interface where my clients could book time for their photoshoots. It allows you to set up categories for your clients to choose from, and to even set your company hours. I was even able to create time-slots when I had specific days where I would do many shoots in one day. This service also allowed met to collect deposits upon booking, send text/email reminders to me & my client, and much more.

What do you dislike?

I could not get this to sync with my Google Calendar for the life of me. I am pretty tech savvy, but for some reason could not get this to work for me at all. I tried everything, and was one big pain point on why I no longer use the service. I update my google calendar like crazy, and need the sync to work properly. Instead, I could only rely on setting the company hours and then manually coming into this application to block off dates if I scheduled something in my personal life during work hours, which could allow clients to book when I wasn't actually available.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Square Appointments is a great tool to use to book appointments, but only consider this if you're using for a business with one or more people. Since I am a one man show with my photography business, I couldn't get the calendar to completely sync with what I needed.

At the time of using this, I was able to provide a clean-cut way of having my clients book with me while looking professional. I was able to keep track of all scheduled appointments along with having an automated process that helped remind my clients of their appointment.

Square Appointments review by Rhonda L.
Rhonda L.

"Easy and simple"

What do you like best?

It's so easy and simple to set up and navigate. It's no frills and not many graphics but it's a clean look and gets the job done. You can set up several employees and set appointments for several people. It works well.

What do you dislike?

It's pretty simple with a clean template which I loved but if you are looking for a program with more graphics or a better look, this isn't for you.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will enjoy the ease of use and the clean look of the program. You will enjoy the clients having the ability to schedule themselves. You will love the price.

It's an affordable tool for scheduling clients. It's a great tool for clients to be able to go online and schedule themselves. It allowed is to free up the receptionist from making all the appointments which made us more efficient.

Square Appointments review by User

"So easy and so nice!"

What do you like best?

It is so simple to see upcoming appointments, book appointments in custom time availability, easy access to all of the clients, etc. And I mainly only use it for the scheduling aspect but there are so many things you can handle and control all through this app/website. Seeing the notifications on the side and everything is so useful!!!

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is that you can't edit someone's name while scheduling them, so that makes it more difficult if someone wants to change their info while I am on the phone scheduling them. I honestly love this scheduling system.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need something easy, sleek and all in one, this is perfect for you!

This makes scheduling for someone else SO SIMPLE. There is blocked off times, easy controls, and it minimizes errors and almost gets rid of them!

Square Appointments review by Stephen K.
Stephen K.

"Square Appointments Scheduling program for winery"

What do you like best?

I like that you can connect this scheduling app through a website. Working at a winery it is very important to have online presence and super easy for people to set up tasting appointments through the easy website portal. It is also great to get prepayment for no shows.

What do you dislike?

The prepayment can also bite you, if you have a valuable customer that forgets one appointment, do you really want to charge them for a no show? Probably not. Other than that we haven't really come across any issues with this app. Its super helpful all around.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is definitely a helpful tool for scheduling especially if you accept online appointments. It has helped with no shows, and also reduces the constant phone tag of scheduling and rescheduling. Overall it lowers the stress of managing a schedule for daily tastings at our tasting room.

It is great to sync with our calendars so they have up to date availability for tastings. It has really made the scheduling process much easier for us at a small winery.

Square Appointments review by Lisa Marie S.
Lisa Marie S.

"Fast & Efficient"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to set up & integrate onto my website. I also love the ability to take payments as well as fudge my availability.

What do you dislike?

There isn’t too much that I don’t like about this software, I would like the ability to integrate with Apple calendars.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have the ability to approve appointments prior to them being set, you can also fudge your availability in case you’re a 1 person operation.

The ability for clients not only to book an appointment but to pay any fee associated with it.

Square Appointments review by Lisa H.
Lisa H.

"Great for staying on track"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is very easy to use. I love using Square for my business and their appointment scheduler does not disappoint.

What do you dislike?

There is not a mobile site available for my smart phone which is unfortunate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great for any small business owner who is already using square to accept payments.

Scheduling appointments with clients and vendors. Also being able to have customers schedule their appointments online.

Square Appointments review by User in Higher Education

"Helpful for small business"

What do you like best?

I used for my nanny job and was super helpful receiving payment immediately since I didn’t have a local bank to cash checks.

What do you dislike?

Finance charge/tax took out a lot from my pay and I did not feel right charging families more for it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Isn’t exactly user friendly. Needed a lot of side help from other people I knew were using square

Ease of payment. Quick access of funds

Square Appointments review by User

"Convenient "

What do you like best?

It was easy to see the full calendar and link it to other calendars. Easily assessable to everyone using it

What do you dislike?

Sometimes information I tried to save didn’t fully save and I needed to renter things like card information

Using it to give clients access to making appointments on their own as opposed to having to call or for me to have to respond back and forth on email

Square Appointments review by <span ue="safe-name" data-safe-name-id="44b3cff4-6d66-443a-bdd8-cc13a5b56785">Alycia M.</span>
Alycia M.
" itemprop="name" />

"Square Appointments "

What do you like best?

The ability to schedule appointments, have clients pay for their services out of the appointment app, and the ease of use.

What do you dislike?

That there is no android app available for download

Square prevents the client from overbooking...

Square Appointments review by G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages
G2 Crowd User in Food & Beverages

"Good. All Square Products Are Good."

What do you like best?

It's quick and easy to use. It integrates well.

What do you dislike?

Not much. It's innocuous. It works well with other programs and apps.

It helps me manage meetings.

Learning about Square Appointments?

* We monitor all Square Appointments reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.