Square for Retail

Square's new retail point of sale solution features advanced inventory management software, a free online store, next-day deposits, & more.

Work for Square for Retail?
Springboard retailmang  2x

Learning about Square for Retail?

Square for Retail Reviews

Ask Square for Retail a Question
Showing 40 Square for Retail reviews
Square for Retail review by <span>Renee L.</span>
Renee L.

Easy back-up credit card processor

What do you like best?

Using the square reader and digital app is incredibly easy, simple, and efficient. Sign up and set up are explained step-by-step, and you can have your technology working in minutes. The reader is always ready to work, connects directly to an iPhone, and is easy for all levels of employees to understand! There are very few flaws with this system, and is ideal for smaller businesses!

What do you dislike?

Honestly - there’s not much wrong with Square for small businesses. The only downside we’d ever had is that the adapter works through the microphone port on a cell phone, so with new iPhones you have to use a dongle to adapt to the lighting port. This is really an apple issue rather than an issue with Square!

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering your needs and the pros and cons of going without a traditional processor, Square comes out on top. You’ll have to have a mobile device (iPad, iPhone or other tablet) to operate - but it’s very convenient and reliable.

I use Square as a back-up processor for our normal credit card terminals and processing. It’s is a reliable source when machines have issues, the internet or phone lines are down, or you need a mobile card processing unit! You can transport Square with you anywhere - taking your business outside and on the go!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Square for Retail
Square for Retail review by <span>Rebecca S.</span>
Rebecca S.

Great product!

What do you like best?

It is super user friendly - my church has used the product for selling different products at events and it has been super helpful. It makes taking payments extremely easy at events where we cannot use a computer. Many people do not carry around cash today so it makes your company or organization modern and helpful.

What do you dislike?

The only part from what I seen is the price to use the product. The product works extremely well so I really didn't see or have many issues with it. Maybe if more people start to use it the price will start to come down. I have also heard of people not liking the transaction fee associated with using it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a great product if you are trying to find a way to take payments at events where computer access is limited. It is professional and definitely gets the job done so I highly recommend it. It is a little pricey to use but it is worth the money in my opinion. Professionalism is highly valued with customers and this will make you feel professional.

We use square space as a solution to speeding up purchases at events and make it professional and safe. It's simple design makes it user-friendly for customers as well as us using the product. IIt also is great bc it produces a receipt for customers to send to their email. t's a great solution to be professional in any setting.

What Retail Management System solution do you use?

Square for Retail review by <span>Tim P.</span>
Tim P.

Great service for our business, perfect backup as well

What do you like best?

It is a great solution for us when our main service is not functioning correctly. We use it as a backup only. We do remote retail sales either at hospitals, offices, or shows and it is great to be able to take this with us and process payments.

What do you dislike?

We are very happy with the functionality. We do get a better rate through our current merchant solution though. I think that the swipe should work better it is difficult to get it to take the card if it is not held perfectly level when swiping it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great solution for us when on the go or for backup. I used to use it a lot when I did shows outdoors or hospital retail shows and it worked great. People also recognize the name and like it better than PayPal here in our experience.

It helps us when we have down time and need to have a backup solution. It also works for us on the go at our shows. The user management is easy for employees and the administration.

Square for Retail review by <span>Kristin B.</span>
Kristin B.

Easy and efficient point of sale

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use with the Square system. We operate it off a tablet system so the touch screen makes it very easy for everyone to use. The tablet also makes it easy for us to bring it to our clients and ring up their sale on the sales floor, as well as have them sign for their credit card. No large bulky system required. Storing customer information has been helpful also in regards to emailing/texting their receipts to them.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike, but perhaps the lack of instruction that came with it. Fortunately, it is easy enough that it doesn't require much in the way of instruction.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Entering multiple SKUs can be incredibly time-consuming without scanning capabilities.

It has helped us track our customers, keep up with shopping trends within our store and expedite the check out process.

Square for Retail review by <span>Sheena R.</span>
Sheena R.

Best Overall Payment Tool For Any Business

What do you like best?

I love the unique software and it is completely unique to be able to email and text receipts for customers automatically. The payment tools and products are completely designed for productive fast sales by credit card and virtually any version or card form is accepted. Very safe, fast and easy with results you'll be satisfied with.

What do you dislike?

I don't like the processing fees that they offer. It is a bit higher but I think that you pay for the sheer convenience of the product and easy setup and service. It is the #1 credit card system for businesses of any size and as a starter tool that you can depend on for years to come.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Once you get over the fact that the fee is a small percentage higher, you will see that the extra money is going directly to the service that they offer and provide. Clearly a company headed in the right direction and you can count on their exceptional approach to a solution that will give your business peace of mind.

It solved our card processing issue and it was a sound solution for our business. We love the ease of use and customer service is always friendly and helpful. The new age technique with style is a great approach.

Square for Retail review by <span>Ashley K.</span>
Ashley K.

Such a great way to work with others and to easy buy and sell with cards!!

What do you like best?

I find that using Square for Retail helps out A LOT when you are selling at art fairs, street markets, and even when buying and selling between friends/coworkers! I have used it many time when I would sell my homemade baked goods and homemade sewn blankets!

What do you dislike?

The one thing I didn’t quite like about Square for Retail is that with any new type of technology, as a customer, it seems a little shady at first because you have that fear that the card scanner has been swapped out with a bad one. However, with my multi-use experience of being on both ends of the swiping I have never encountered that.

I use Square for Retail when I am selling at art fairs or buying at street fairs and even working with a kayaking company whom use Square for their own services. The benefits that Square has is that it is so simple and easy to handle!!

Learning about Square for Retail?

* We monitor all Square for Retail reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.