Square Payroll

The online payroll service trusted by small businesses.

Work for Square Payroll?

Learning about Square Payroll?

Square Payroll Reviews

Showing 15 Square Payroll reviews
Square Payroll review by Mikaela C.
Mikaela C.

"Square payroll features"

What do you like best?

What I like the best about square payroll is that it automatically files taxes which includes incorporating new hire reports, W-2 forms and federal and state payroll taxes. It gives updates to the payee so they know that their money is on the way. Key features include integrated timecards, employee benefits offerings and direct deposits. Square is easy to use and major elements of payroll administration is supported, from setup to pay runs to taxes to reportSquare.

What do you dislike?

No free trial, I absolutely dislike the lack of that feature. Also there are limited payroll item types and it is only available in 32 states. I feel like its awkward to navigate. It also lacks pre-formatted reports and mobile applications.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It does not have all the same features that other payroll companies do. It is easy to use though so if you have small payroll it is helpful.

I needed to pay independent contractors and I was able to solve that. The benefits I realized is that I did not have to pay for a monthly subscription.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Square Payroll
Square Payroll review by Mia Isabella B.
Mia Isabella B.

"Simple nominees for medium and small companies."

What do you like best?

It is an easy-to-use platform for people who are just starting to use it.

It has a low cost.

1099s.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes downloading the export can be a bit complicated.

But I think he has no more negative things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a solution with a low cost and that is also very easy to use, that is why it is difficult to overcome. For small and medium companies it is ideal.

You have a direct debit deposit from your account that is connected to the employee.

Simple management but that are inclusive.

I can manage my own payroll and so I can know with more certainty how everything is working.

We configure retail payment platforms and e-commerce platforms, Square's payroll is essential to any package offered by Square that has allowed the implementation of solutions for small businesses in a fast way.

What Payroll solution do you use?

"Great System!"

What do you like best?

It's a well-known company used in stores and companies nationwide, unlike some payroll services that sounds sketchy. Also, by using Square POS system, our employees timecards will automatically sync with the Square Payroll app. That is the biggest benefit I believe by using it. Everything works together to be efficient and saves time.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little bit cheaper to use. The base rate isn't bad, but they get you with the per/employee fee of $5. That's the only reason I rated this software a 9.

It integrates with Square POS systems to pay both contractors and employees. One benefit for our company is that Square files federal and state taxes the company owes for full-time W-2 employee salaries at no added cost! I know our company is in good hands being compliant in everything ranging from New-hire reports sick leave & paid time off tracking, workers comp, new hire-reports and more that Square deals with and we don't have to. The online account allows employees to access their direct deposit bank account, pay stubs, and update/change their tax withholdings.

Square Payroll review by Alyse S.
Alyse S.

"Best. Easiest. Cheapest."

What do you like best?

I loved the fact that all taxes and forms were paid and submitted automatically after setup. I never had to worry about forgetting to file or pay anything as it was all done for me.

What do you dislike?

I never found anything I didn't like. Only stopped using cause I no longer needed to do payroll.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for an easy and affordable way to handle payroll, Square is definitely the one to choose.

Payroll and payroll tax filling/ paying

Square Payroll review by Caleb C.
Caleb C.

"Easy to use and great customer service"

What do you like best?

Square us easy to use and they offer online guides that really do help. when there's a problem they support their customers and they provide excellent customer service and welcome feedback to improve their product's

What do you dislike?

So much setup and even when you move over a section it continues to show it when you haven't and don't plan to complete it

A standardized way of tracking payroll payments

Square Payroll review by User in Accounting
User in Accounting

"Square Payroll"

What do you like best?

So we use square to give an idea of what payroll will be, we don’t take all of the payroll from square. I like that I can see who worked at what time

What do you dislike?

You sort of have to look for the right report and there are a lot of reports and it can be hard to find the right one right away

Square gives real time data so I like thar it is exactly what will be on the bank. I like that square payroll shows what should be the balances after tips are deducted. It gives me an idea of where we are

Square Payroll review by Administrator

"If your company doesn't have it you should get it"

What do you like best?

I like that I can check my W- 2 and the fact that I can see my paycheck

What do you dislike?

So far I don't have any dislikes about this

Recommendations to others considering the product

You have to try this out for yourself to see if it works for you and your company

The one benefit that I see from Square payroll is we can see our checks and see who put it into my account. Also we have our own separate accounts that we log into to see our information

Square Payroll review by User

"Easy way to track employee hours"

What do you like best?

Easy ways for employees to clock in and out

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that I dislike. It is a good product.

We used to use Google Calendar to keep track of timesheets which was more complicated. Now we use Squareup.

Square Payroll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Square payroll is efficient"

What do you like best?

Easy way for payroll transactions between employer and employee. Very easy to setup and implement.

What do you dislike?

I've been happy with square payroll so far, no complaints

easy way to manage pay for employees makes the process simpler

Square Payroll review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"High rates!"

What do you like best?

The convenience is the main draw to using square, they even send a free card reader just for signing up!

What do you dislike?

I’m not a fan of how much they take per purchase, I understand they have to make their cut, but I use other platforms because of the premium percentage cut they take.

Square made it simple to complete transactions right from my phone

Square Payroll review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Easy"

What do you like best?

This was very simple to start using and I would recommend to anyone!

What do you dislike?

Nothing at all, it's well put together to meet all my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's simple to use, if you want to use something for payroll then I would definitely recommend trying them!

This makes taking care of employees really simple

"Loved it. "

What do you like best?

Easy to clock in and clock out. They also accept all payroll options as far as paying by salary, flat rate and hourly.

What do you dislike?

The hidden fees. They tell you it’s $5 to get started but ends up about $35 a month.

This is how I got paid from my previous employer.

"Square Payroll"

What do you like best?

Made it easy to see how much I made and got my paycheck fast

What do you dislike?

There really isn't much, it gets the job done but it is a little expensive

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is amazing but pricey

It helps the confusion of payroll

Square Payroll review by User in Biotechnology
User in Biotechnology

"Easy and intuitive"

What do you like best?

Covers all bases of the payroll aspect. Easy to use. Also has iOS and Android apps

What do you dislike?

Not so robust customer service. Better history options can be added

NA

Square Payroll review by User in Insurance
User in Insurance

"Does the Trick"

What do you like best?

It's relatively user friendly and has a decent design.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit unremarkable. It's not very eye catching it innovative.

Time cards and pay stubs.

Learning about Square Payroll?

* We monitor all Square Payroll reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.