Want to see who topped the 2019 Best Software Awards?

Square Point of Sale

(19 reviews)

Square Point of Sale is a POS solution for Android and iOS devices which includes tools for managing payments, digital receipts, inventory, reports, and more

Work for Square Point of Sale?

Learning about Square Point of Sale?

Square Point of Sale Reviews

Showing 24 Square Point of Sale reviews
Square Point of Sale review by francois  g.
francois g.

"Perfect Sales App for Trade Show"

What do you like best?

Square is a great app, easy to install and use during a trade show. You can add any products you want and make different discounts. When you place an order, cash out products, you can use it easily for credit card payment. You can easily see the different invoices, transactions you made daily, weekly, monthly etc.. It is also great to make different reports regarding the sales, items sold, customers payments etc...

What do you dislike?

This app only works with a WiFi connection. Without that, you can still use it and charge different credit card but you may take the risk that the credit card is invalid, and have declined credit card and payments. You need a fast WiFi connection to use without any problems. Sometimes, it could be kinda slow..

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this sales app if you need an easy app to make different credit card payments for any shows, event , b2b or b2c. You can transfer all products or services you need and add any discounts you wish related to any specials.

With Square Point of Sale, you can charge all the different credit card and make different payments for any events, shows. You can easily add any products you wish and add different discounts if you offer different specials. It is simple to use, secure for valid credit card and avoid declined ones. You can after make some different reports and track all your sales and do same sales analysis..

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Square Point of Sale
Square Point of Sale review by Christopher B.
Christopher B.

"Very simple all in one point of sale software."

What do you like best?

Can use the all in one set up on an ipad available from them or make your own set up with an ipad.. Also can be run straight from your phone. Can be used on the go and as a locked down set up. Low fees and instant deposits are available. It really is perfect for the solo business owner. Would be perfect for one location restraunts, retail stores, farmers markets, artist booths, taxi cabs, even delivery places taking payment upon delivery.

What do you dislike?

I could see needing some more advanced options in a more complicated business. Also some of the more advanced software programs charge higher fees but can do more advanced things like payroll and taxes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

perfect for small businesses such as one location stores, restaurants, farmers market booths, taxi cabs, etc

Easy all in one solution to bookeeping and the taking of credit cards and cash for small businesses in a much cheaper starting point that some of the legacy options.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

Square Point of Sale review by Caitlin R.
Caitlin R.

"Square Point of Sale "

What do you like best?

I like how I can customize it to best suit my business & the needs! It allows for modifications and adaptations that can be used when I need them and how I need them.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to go back, after a sale has been completed, and add a customer name to that sale. It would be very convenient to do when it was forgotten to be added prior to completion of sale.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a convenient and fairly affordable device that is reliable, this is a great payment solution to consider!

We are able to take more payments and added a new payment method! This has provided convenience to our clients! Now we can use our tablet for a point of sale at events and still use our point of sale via the virtual terminal on our desktop/laptop computer!

Square Point of Sale review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Great Point of Sale System "

What do you like best?

I love the user friendly application, and the set up of the dashboard. Square makes our business run a lot smoother. The amount of information I can find, including customer trends,Sales trends, customer information, and inventory tracking makes our sales team way more efficient.

What do you dislike?

It would be nice to be able to add items to a larger category and then add them in like subcategories. If you run a business that has ice cream in one part and then something like candy in another part you can only set up your dashboard for square to show the items in the same layout on the grid on each iPad

We’ve really been able to get inventory tracking and sales trends figure it out through this.These features have been beneficial because we don’t have as much product waste

Square Point of Sale review by Administrator

"Great Point of Sale System"

What do you like best?

The ease of all the tools, I also like how I can also use the PoS on any device, so even If I am traveling I can still make a sale from the use of my phone.

What do you dislike?

I wish that the basic online store would allow you to import shipping rates or at least be able to make weight based or order based shipping. Currently I can opt to have a Flat-Rate Shipping charge per order, or have a shipping charge on each product. So if someone makes a small order, its still quite a charge, but if they make a big order I feel like I am losing on shipping costs.

I use it as an online store as well as in a retail location. This allows us to collect sales online.

Square Point of Sale review by Sarah G.
Sarah G.

"Great aid for small businesses"

What do you like best?

Square is a fast, easy way to use credit cards in a mobile environment, such as artists' markets, and easily transfers customer money to my bank account. Plus, it's pretty widely used, so customers trust it.

What do you dislike?

You get the simple scanner for free, but it's pretty flimsy, so you really want to buy one of the nicer ones.

As an artist, I attend a lot of festivals and markets, and increasingly, people don't have cash or checks available. Square has solved that problem; it's fast and easy, and that appeals to customers.

Square Point of Sale review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Square POS from a Small Business Owner."

What do you like best?

I like that it is readily accessible anywhere in the major stores if I need another reader. I like the ease of use in setting up the Inventory and Sales entries. I like the fact that its compact and plugs into your cellphone or tablet and the apps dont take up alot of space. Square also sends really cool stuff to put up to show that you are a accepted credit card merchant.

What do you dislike?

Fee is really, REALLY high at 2.9% per swipe. Could stand to be a little bit lower to compete with other providers. The one thing other that I dont like is there is no strap to keep a hold of it. It is VERY easy to lose if your using just the credit card reader.

Im not really having any problems with this, the benefit I have realized is that if there is a payment that needs to be made on the road, that I can have it nearby and I can immediately take a payment if needed.

"Business owner"

What do you like best?

Square POS is easy to use on many different devices. The reports are clear and easy to comprehend.

What do you dislike?

On a mobile device when you need to delete a payment this can be difficult.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Square POS has been a very positive experience for me. I recommend it as it is user friendly, and consistently developing without leaving you feeling like you have to upgrade to the next best model.

Having multiple employees who work separate hours using POS gives me the opportunity to have my business bring in income at all hours, and my employees can take payment whenever they need to, not being tied to any one location or docking device.

Square Point of Sale review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Self Employeed Stylist"

What do you like best?

Everything! The fees are low, it offers instant deposit, and I like not having to worry about receipts or any papers for that matter. With previous systems I had to remember to hit settlement, or wait for the papers to print out, etc and that was a hassle.

What do you dislike?

Nothing so far! I haven't had any issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

your first square is free, they offer loans after so long, and the customer service is great. 10/10 would recommend!

Again, it's nice not having to print out reports or hit settlement at the end of the day. Faster than other systems and more user friendly.

Square Point of Sale review by William R.
William R.

"My use of square."

What do you like best?

The price. I got a free credit card reader and the app was a free download.

What do you dislike?

That it doesn’t have its own website abilities. You have to download other assisting apps for that.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If your starting up, this is a wonderful way to start it will compliment your business with style and ease.

To be able to make sales anywhere I’m at.

Square Point of Sale review by Emmett T.
Emmett T.

"Great software that makes running your business a breeze."

What do you like best?

Very nice interface that is simple for anyone to use. Deposits are quick and convenient.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike, this software is very robust and easy to use. However, the online store could be more customizable

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use and integrate. Quick deposits and simple invoicing.

Automatically creates a directory of customers during each sale. Invoicing is integrated and as easy as plugging in a few questions.

Square Point of Sale review by Rhamil John M.
Rhamil John M.

"Ease of Use and Instant Profits"

What do you like best?

The Square was very much easy to use when conducting transactions at Pike Place Market. It made the cash based system we had much easier while I was working for one of the local farms.

What do you dislike?

What I disliked about the Squar system is that there is not just a specific connection for Apple Devices like an iPhone. I had to work with using a dongle which I can hardly ever find.

The business problems that this is solving is that it’s allowed for a larger customer market by getting people who don’t usually carry cash.

Square Point of Sale review by User

"User friendly "

What do you like best?

Looking at it the first time, it is pretty easy to use, the friendly user interface accompanied by titles and pictures for each square shaped button on the POS.

What do you dislike?

Nothing.. SQUARE POS is a really great product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Fees are reasonable but looking over time, they seem crazy.

Squares fees are a little hefty over time. Customers ask for a receipt and I constantly have to tell them they have to have it emailed or messaged to them from the POS.

Square Point of Sale review by Dong Gun (Eric) A.
Dong Gun (Eric) A.

"A technology that I want more of."

What do you like best?

I dont understand why all vendors use this! I love how simple it is, and all the options it gives me such as tipping, and organzing. Ive never felt more organized in our sales.

What do you dislike?

it is pricey. I would think theres a way to create a cheaper system and would like to see it happen.

our merchandise store uses this technology to sell items and keep track of orders.

Square Point of Sale review by User in Sporting Goods
User in Sporting Goods

"User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

I like that Square POS makes it feel like you are in control of your business. Utilizing Square allows for payment anytime and anywhere you are. As a consumer, I also feel like I trust Square and I know there isn't any funny business with my cash as a spender.

What do you dislike?

I have no issues with the square app. Any issues typically arise from the vendor.

Square allows for ease of checkout when there is not a physical POS system in place. Square serves the same purpose without clumsy installation and is essentially fool-proof.

Square Point of Sale review by Allison B.
Allison B.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

Simple and basic for my every need. I can use this on my tablet or cell phone. Even without internet.

What do you dislike?

How the layout for inventory is. I think it could be better.

I'm solving the inventory issue. I was never able to keep track of which art pieces I was sellinf

Square Point of Sale review by Guadalupe E.
Guadalupe E.

"Square point is on point "

What do you like best?

I enjoyed the fast easy way to purchase products from different business owners.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes internet service is slow and transaction is delayed.

I use it to sell personal items and have it connected to my paypal account. It’s very efficient to keep record of transactions.

Square Point of Sale review by User

"Square PoS review"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use, convenience, and that it is inexpensive.

What do you dislike?

It can take a few attempts for the card swipe to work.

Having customers be able to pay with credit card.

This is a very affordable, compact way of offering this payment system.

"Simply Effective "

What do you like best?

Square PoS is simple & user friendly. Using this layout on an iPad and adding different types of items, sales, discounts, & so on is quick & easy.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much that sticks out that I don't like- the percentage of sales that are taken are lower than most banks and other services, but combined with the price of operation, it can seem a bit excessive. The chip reader is the most frequent accessory to malfunction.

Sales, refunds, giftcards, tracking revenue.

Square Point of Sale review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"pos system"

What do you like best?

best credit card processing system compared to others. you can get access to your sales instantly for very low fee.

What do you dislike?

minimum amount of $50 is required to be able to use instant deposit

being able to take all forms of payments

Square Point of Sale review by User in Furniture
User in Furniture

"Square Point of Sale Review"

What do you like best?

My favorite thing about Square Point of Sale is how simple the product is to use and implement into our everyday workflow.

What do you dislike?

Overall Square Point of Sale is a quality product and I haven’t experienced any issues with it.

Square Point of Sale helps us keep sales quick and easy. A benefit I’ve realized is that using better software can make processes move faster and be more efficient.

Square Point of Sale review by Administrator in Entertainment
Administrator in Entertainment

"Great Way for Artists to Sell Merch"

What do you like best?

I use this with an artist I manage - as their merch transaction on the road. It's easy to keep stock of inventory and easy to teach for volunteers to use.

What do you dislike?

Some of the software could be updated to be a bit easy to navigate - but otherwise it's great!

Ability to accept credit card transactions while on the road.

Square Point of Sale review by User in Food & Beverages
User in Food & Beverages

"Easy to use for anyone "

What do you like best?

The ease of this program is amazing, payment processing is easy, end of day reports take two buttons.

What do you dislike?

Not able to add a gratuity to checks, split payment a little confusing.

Ease, being able to collect payment different ways.

Square Point of Sale review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Square POS"

What do you like best?

The card reader and app both work pretty good .

What do you dislike?

The card reader doesn't catch the card swipe.

It is a quick app and i can get more customers fast.

Learning about Square Point of Sale?

* We monitor all Square Point of Sale reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.