Square

Square provides small and large businesses the tools they need to run and grow their business. Accept debit and credit cards anywhere with your iPhone, Android, iPad or our POS system.

Work for Square?

Learning about Square?

Square Reviews

Ask Square a Question
Showing 303 Square reviews
Square review by <span>Kristi B.</span>
Kristi B.

"So many analytical tools!"

What do you like best?

I like the sales breakdowns best. They give the time of each sale which allows me to reference things if needed when a customer has feedback. But I also love that I can coincide with my calendar when we go to repeat locations and see what the big sellers were so I can be prepared.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fact it's not free...just kidding. There really is not much that I dislike at this point. Other POS systems may have lower rates but they also don't have free setup, free equipment and no monthly fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around but for small business, this is a fantastic product. I would implement at $5 minimum on cards to make it worth your time to run a card.

Square lets me see my very detailed sales breakdowns so I know what items to prep for our next event. It also allows me to see when peak sales times are at each event.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Square
Square review by <span>Kelsi C.</span>
Kelsi C.

"Take Payments Anywhere"

What do you like best?

I can operate as a fully functioning traveling company now. Not only is the mobile app great for on the go credit card payments, but I can also issues electronic receipts for cash and checks. I have all of my sales now logged into one place.

What do you dislike?

I can't itemize fees for charging to a card. I would like to be able to be completely transparent with my customers about what I'm charging them for, but I don't want to add the convenience fee as an "item" in my shop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need mobility and efficiency, this is the right company to choose. If you want to be fully paperless while taking any payment method, Square is the best.

I can track all of the revenue I have coming in from all sources. If any of my team takes a payment, I can see when and where. As a traveling company, this is a huge deal. We can now instantly see where our best sales are coming from.

What Retail POS solution do you use?

Square review by <span>Kelsi C. F.</span>
Kelsi C. F.

"Easy to manage small transactions for goods when travelling"

What do you like best?

I love that I can always have the option to sell my goods. The app can even be ran offline, which is highly convenient when traveling to areas that do not have the best cell reception. Sometimes I run impromptu events, so when I don't have the ability to say "Bring Cash" beforehand, Square makes it so I don't lose out on sales to my customers.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to show customers the fee that is being charged for using the app. I always explain that's it is a convenience fee, but it would be nice to see that itemized like taxes. Some of my customers write these fees off on their taxes, and it would be nice to not have to generate a separate form.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need peace of mind when wondering if customers will have cash to pay for goods, this is for you. It's the easiest to use processing software for small businesses. If you travel, having an app to manage and pay for goods is essential, and Square makes it possible.

I no longer have to worry if I will be able to take payment from a customer. I can even eliminate costs by providing all electronic receipts, even with cash purchases. Customers can also use these receipts to leave me reviews, which helps the credibility of my business and builds my brand.

Square review by <span>Liz W.</span>
Liz W.

"Square for My Small Business"

What do you like best?

Convenience! Square allows me to accept any type of payment when I'm out in the field, which is crucial to my small business since I am a photographer, and clients usually pay me on-location. There are no monthly fees, which is a deal breaker for me. Also, I no longer have to be connected to Wifi to accept payments.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that if I have to enter a credit card number manually (rather than swiping, because sometimes cards fail to read correctly when swiped), Square will charge me a higher percentage. This is sometimes unavoidable when a credit card, although present, may not be correctly read by the card reader.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you own a business that needs to accept credit cards as a form of payment, Square is the only way to go. The fees are small (although when manually entering a card number, the percentage is slightly higher), the Square reader is small and easy to carry around, and transactions happen quickly and safely.

Before Square, my photography business could only accept cash or checks as forms of payment, which was a huge problem as most people now prefer to pay with credit card. I do not have a storefront, so I am always working on-location. Square is the only answer to this problem. Plus, when clients do occasionally pay with cash, I can send them a receipt using Square for their cash payment.

Square review by <span>Jennifer T.</span>
Jennifer T.

"Square is a great solution for my small business needs!"

What do you like best?

I have been using Square on my phone since I started renting a chair. I love it! It's so easy to use and my clients love that they can pay with a card.

What do you dislike?

When inputting an amount from the keyboard instead of ringing through my item screen, I wish that I could specify what I am ringing up instead of it just being "custom amount."

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It's so easy to use, and no monthly fees. Even if you use another system after using Square, you can always have an account open and have it as a back-up.

My clients have the option of getting a receipt texted or e-mailed to them. I don't have to print one out. I love that they charge a flat percentage of each sale. No monthly charges, so if I don't use it I don't pay. That has been a huge help to me as I am growing my business.

Square review by <span>Caylie G.</span>
Caylie G.

"Business Made Manageable "

What do you like best?

I like that I can hook it up to several devices for ultimate convenience. I love that it allows me to reach a whole new market because I'm not restricted to cash. I love how easy it makes it to deal with credit cards and my business! It's got a beautiful design and is very intuitive. I skipped the intro walk-through and still figured everything out quite quickly and easily. I love that I can create my personal collection of products and can even assign pictures to them if I want.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the charge, but I recognize it as a necessary thing in commerce. I dislike that it's sometimes difficult to get the hang of swiping a card and holding my ipad steady to maintain full contact with the card, but that will come with practice. So I don't dislike very many aspects of this incredible product or the app that accompanies it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

USE THIS PRODUCT. It promises ease and helpfulness and it DELIVERS. The app is wonderful and very easy to use. The desktop/website is full of incredible resources to help your business.

I am solving so many business problems with Square! The obvious one is that I can now take card literally wherever I am. That is so unbelievably convenient. I did not expect that it would help me solve the problem of how and what to charge people for my products. Having to go through ahead of time and create those product prices and specials makes every interaction with a customer easy and it gives me confidence.

Learn more about Square

Square Videos

Square Downloads

Learning about Square?

* We monitor all Square reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.