Squarespace

Squarespace is an easy way for anyone to create an exceptional website.

Work for Squarespace?

Learning about Squarespace?

Squarespace Reviews

Request More Information
Showing 699 Squarespace reviews
Squarespace review by Shelby B.
Shelby B.

"Beautiful designs and lots of versatility"

What do you like best?

The Squarespace designers definitely have their collective finger on the pulse of contemporary web design – chances are if you've seen a cool hero image placement or parallax design, Squarespace will have a template to match. Pretty easy to get started, especially with all the templates and suggested page layouts available. It's also essentially unbreakable, which for someone without an extensive background in web design makes the design process much more fun instead of frustrating.

Also, GREAT set of tutorial pages and videos – covers basically every question and gets specific on how certain features function on individual templates.

What do you dislike?

While Squarespace usually hits the sweet spot between speed of putting together a website and customization, about once per site I design I'll run up against the guardrails of what a particular template permits. Usually I'm able to find a creative workaround, but when there are three separate ways of showing a lot of images on a page (gallery page, a page with an image template and a page with a gallery inserted) and NONE of them do exactly what I want, that can be frustrating.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot! As a designer I find it easy but non-designers will be able to make great websites as well.

As a freelance designer, being able to offer a simple web design option to my clients who are asking for identity design allows me to increase my revenue. Squarespace allows me to spend more of my design time figuring out what works best for my client, vs. spending hours trying to figure out how to do it.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Squarespace
Squarespace review by Jenny M.
Jenny M.

"Aesthetic and straightforward but not very flexible design-wise"

What do you like best?

This is the "high-fashion" version of WordPress and Wix. All the themes are clear, aesthetic, and like filling in blank spaces with your own words. If you're clueless in all things design, Squarespace takes your hand and leads you through creating your website without veering too far off from the theme.

You can change style colours, fonts, and add all sorts of paid add-ons if you're building an e-commerce site. I like the analytics page and the SEO page where you can add keywords you want to be found for. It's also very easy to integrate your own domain even if you got it elsewhere like GoDaddy or WordPress. If you don't have a domain, Squarespace lets you create one "free" with your paid plan.

There is an image editor built in so you can add filters, crop it, and other basic editing functions.

There is a trial version you can use, but you can't publish your website until you pay for a subscription.

What do you dislike?

You can't copy and paste a section, you have to re-do the entire section all over again. The predetermined widgets are also very rigid and you can't really customize them unless you know HTML/CSS.

Not being able to change the color of button text or change text color for individual places is definitely a limitation. I also don't see how to add alt text to images.

The price is rather high in comparison to other platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want something clean, modern, and hard to get wrong, this will do nicely.

Professional website for my business. Looks very clean and modern.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

Squarespace review by Gabriel J.
Gabriel J.

"Simplicity and Ease For the Small Businessperson"

What do you like best?

I have always appreciated squarespace's user interface and quality of design templates. Squarespace has always been a cut above other website building platforms to me because of the constant updating, and variety of complex and cutting edge websites ready to be customized.

What do you dislike?

The price is still significantly higher than some other platforms. While I have stayed with squarespace for years, the price has always been a point of disappointment. I also wish it was easier to embed video content into backgrounds across multiple templates, and the mobile previews and mobile design crossover were better integrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace beats out other web building solutions, in my opinion. Squarespace can give you a wealth of exciting options to carry your business' web presence. As i stated before, I am in love with the new templates. The integration of video injection and moving content has sent them over the top for me. The integration of analytics and some cursory web traffic features is exciting and helpful. All in all, I think it's a smart choice for any small business looking to truly have an attractive website.

My business needs a website. Squarespace makes it easy for a novice web designer to build a visually pleasing place to showcase art, work, and portfolio items in a flattering and modern style. With a good eye and few hours to learn all the bells and whistles anyone can make a beautiful website in a matter of hours.

Squarespace review by Sarah F.
Sarah F.

"Recent switch to Squarespace"

What do you like best?

We recently switched to Squarespace. I am not the main administrator, but I do create pages, forms, edit the calendar, edit pages, etc. I like that it is so easy to use and intuitive, which allows someone like me who can not write code, to still edit and create pages on our website. I like that it allows moving images on the banner we have on our front page, which makes it more aesthetically pleasing and allows us to keep things up to date. There are many features that allow our people to interact with the website itself.

What do you dislike?

I do wish the calendar feature allowed events to not merely be copied but span a time frame, for example, a recurring event that happens once a week for 12 weeks. It is tedious to have to copy each event. I also wish the website itself was more customizable, although it does serve its purpose for most of our needs. It would be nice to have graphics that can be highlighted or clicked on that allow more text to appear/open in a new window. Perhaps this exists and i am unaware or we have a more basic package.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace works great for our organization and is a big upgrade from what we used before and many other websites I see out there. It is relatively customizable and allows us to make it unique to our organization and carry our "DNA" even into our webpage. It allows our people to interact with us through content we add on the webpage for them or them to reach out to us.

We use Squarespace as the main website for our organization, which is a church. People can go on to listen to sermons, check our calendar, view our online bulletin, view small group questions, view what is going on, click a link that direct them to sign up for events, studies, etc. and take notes on the sermon and have it emailed to them. We like that it allows people to interact with it and do so much,

Squarespace review by Edmond L.
Edmond L.

"Fantastic platform for a polished web presence "

What do you like best?

The assortment of designs and ease of use help me get the look of a beautiful site without hours of work or the need to hire a designer. The interface to change the design/layout is effortless to navigate. Squarespace also updates their templates on a regular basis so you can keep your page looking fresh and on point with the current trends.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say about Squarespace. I've been using them for about four years and don't see an end in sight. I guess the ability to generate contracts and invoices through my site, instead of just selling fix-priced items, would be nice. But that isn't a deal breaker for me by a long shot. I'm sure that would just increase the cost to use it, which I wouldn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you check around for a promo code. Squarespace is a sponsor of the Podcast Comedy Bang Bang so they usually offer a promo code for new customers.

I'm creating an online presence to showcase my work and providing information on contacting me as well as my rates.

Squarespace review by Cameron N.
Cameron N.

"Anyone can master website design with Squarespace"

What do you like best?

The ease of use of Square is the best. As someone in a marketing and communications field, saying anyone can master design is nothing something I take lightly. Squarespace makes design easy so the world has many more interesting and visually pleasing websites– GeoCities this is not! It's important to come to Squarespace account with content in-hand. You'll likely be impressed by all of their templates and would like to have your site completed as soon as possible. Squarespace isn't a replacement for nice content, come in knowing what you want to convey and use your account to achieve that goal.

What do you dislike?

When formatting text, Squarespace can occasionally have some issues in the user interface, it is difficult but not impossible to mirror formatting across the site. Calendar functions could use some help and some reservation options would be nice to build out options. We use our site as a source for current members and prospective members for a rowing organization, having expanded integration would help us segment our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't much else out there to be a one-stop-shop for website building, hosting and even commerce. Try it.

Transitioned a rowing website from a lack-luster Wordpress template to Squarespace so people would actually use the site. We needed to combine a news site, blog, calendar and boat reservation system. Squarespace allowed us to bring what we needed into one central location. Our site (toledorowing.org) is nice and shiny.

Squarespace review by Richard E.
Richard E.

"SquareSpace is the best for those looking for an inexpensive website"

What do you like best?

The best feature of Squarespace is the fact that anyone, even those without any web development experience whatsoever. 20 years ago, it was very considered a very desirable skill to be able to create a website. However, these days, the expected quality is much higher, and a high quality service such as Squarespace makes this possible.

What do you dislike?

While Squarespace offers a lot of options for growth, the only problem with the service is that it can quickly become expensive if you depend on their merchant system and build your entire business off of their service. I would say the service is better for businesses looking to make a simple and clean site, not a fully fledged e-commerce experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you don't intend to build a marketplace using Squarespace, it is the way to go.

Squarespace is what we used to primarily design our website for Harding Software. It has made the process dramatically easier, with the most notable benefit being that we did not have to hire a web developer to create a website. We avoided the issue of high costs by not hosting any of our transaction features on the website.

Squarespace review by Jacqueline D.
Jacqueline D.

"Great Software to Create Beautiful Websites"

What do you like best?

Squarespace really takes care of all options for you. You can create your own domain, your own email, and an ad free website all in one place, which was a huge plus for me. There are many different layouts to choose from that are able to serve various different needs and services. The analytics are awesome and really help me understand what people are interacting with on my website. They even offer a google adwords credit for signing up! I think this is the best platform for creating your own website, making it look professional, and avoiding paying someone thousands of dollars to do it for you.

What do you dislike?

It is fairly difficult to customize within certain layouts, and the process is clunky, with having to go to a different 'design' tab to do so. The pricing is moderate but you get what you pay for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch all of the video tutorials!!!! Even watch a few before getting started. I consider myself fairly tech savvy but I had a lot of trouble trying to figure it out myself without help. Watch some videos first to avoid getting frustrated like I did!

It has helped me create a beautiful website to help drive my business. 100% of my business so far has come from people online and interacting with my website.

Squarespace review by Leanna W.
Leanna W.

"Here you can choose what suits you"

What do you like best?

A large number of beautiful and modern templates. There are many categories for creating a website: food, music, fashion, wedding, etc., you will definitely find something for yourself. Allows you to change the template without knowing the programming. The program interface is easy in its work. Customer service always works well. If there are questions they quickly and professionally answer on them.

What do you dislike?

I would like that the cost would be lower. Some customers need to change the functions and settings of having templates, but this can not be done. In my work on the program, I did not encounter any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a beautiful and quality website then Squarespace will help you in this. The site that you create will appeal to all your visitors. Try it and you will understand that the Squarespace is really good.

I use the program to create sites to order. I do my job quickly and easily with Squarespace. Customers are satisfied, as it is easy enough to manage the site, and it works perfectly.

Squarespace review by Anthony S.
Anthony S.

"I sold custom websites for a design agency. Squarespace is better."

What do you like best?

Great UX, great documentation, smart (if limited) integrations, a lot of power lurking beneath the turn-key products.

What do you dislike?

The commerce product is still baking. Shopify is better at bulk inventory management, payment processing, shipping, and fulfillment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Squarespace positions itself as a consumer/DIY product, the benefits the platform offers as a white-label SMB product are already powerful and evolving consistently. The Circle program lights a path to a thriving development community that can guide future iterations of the platform.

Squarespace lets me deliver SMB clients a sophisticated, data-driven content strategy without the expense of a from-scratch agency website or the poor quality of the DIY, my-niece-has-a-friend-at-college-who-does-websites product. While turn-key Squarespace sites ensure that I can provide an attractive, reliable, basic website to my clients, the real power comes in the integrations (MailChimp, Acuity, OpenTable, etc), easy CSS injections, and the deceptively powerful collections functionality (blogs, galleries, calendars, and summaries). Brass tacks: I feel confident that I can sell a Squarespace site, including content strategy and monthly marketing retainer, against agencies charging 2X or 3X for similar white-label or custom-built products to SMBs.

Squarespace review by Zack G.
Zack G.

"Create your interface with big ability working tools."

What do you like best?

This platform gives me anything that I need to operate my company. Also, I like that I don't have limits on the number of items or services I can sell. Plus, I can list products with a plural option. The solution helps our business increase.

What do you dislike?

I can discuss a lot about this software but I will not complain about it. As I know that software is full of organized tools and I will tell that to understand them is not very easy special for people who are just starting to use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this software, your shop will be organized to accept PayPal and Apple Pay which is really very great. You will have alternative payment service are fast and easy, saving clients time and issue in more sales for us. Create your efficient ideas work for all your company.

We can engage with products across included videos, pictures, related items, and much more. With a faster view, we can quickly study the product and add them. We are have the ability to create more creative work in our online shop.

Squarespace review by Shayla O.
Shayla O.

"Overall Highly Recommend "

What do you like best?

There were many options for both free and paid themes; the learning curve wasn't horrible and fairly easy for beginners to use. There's a chance to really go big with your business/website using Squarespace! The themes are easy to manipulate and rearrange to best fit your business needs. I also like how much storage is included - I haven't had any issues with the speed of the site loading even though I have many high-quality images on my page. It's great for photographers! Plus, the customer service is great! Kirstyn was helping me a lot recently and it was painless and in the end everything worked out great!

What do you dislike?

It's hard to get straight-forward help. I emailed a few times about finding a list of people who subscribed prior to me linking a MailChimp account and never got the help I needed. I was only referred to blog posts about it, which I had already read and didn't find helpful. It's hard to get good analytics; actually almost impossible to get useful ones unless you use Google Analytics. Lastly, the cost is a bit premium. There are probably cheaper options out there but since I started my website using this app it's just way easier to maintain it. I don't have the resources/time to change to a cheaper version - although a cheaper version like WordPress also has limits tot he pages/set-up which also prevented me from switching.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Set up the subscriber list right away or take it off, depending on the theme, or you'll lose some subscribers' names. Also make it easier to download content - like blog posts - because I needed copies of my posts and I had to go back in and manually copy and paste the content.

I'm able to brand myself and my personal business better by having all of my work (photography and writing) in one location, while making it look professional! The subscriber list is great, so now I can reach out to people who visit my site. I never thought of using that before until I joined Squarespace.

Squarespace review by Stefanie M.
Stefanie M.

"Well designed templates, Easy use"

What do you like best?

I like the varied templates that are available for your use, as well as the ease of utilizing those templates and tools to customize a website that meets your needs. Pretty intuitive set-up. Squarespace has made having a professional looking website a reality for a very reasonable cost point.

What do you dislike?

The downside is that when you would like to make significant changes, you might reach a dead end (or at least a dead end for someone who isn't a developer). I am also having some issues with finding a good solution in utilizing a database that integrates.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace offers elegant and an eclectic mix of template designs for your website. This is easy to use and quite cost effective. I am on the board of directors for a nonprofit and it was a no-brainer to use this as a solution to move our communication needs and brand forward.

We needed a website facelift to bring us into 2018 and Squarespace delivers that possibility.

Squarespace review by Iona M.
Iona M.

"Create useful and comfortable site with the big amount of working tools"

What do you like best?

It completely suits me. I like this simple and proven way to present my concept online. Stand out with a powerful website or online shop. The big step to create my site uncommon with customizable installation, including fonts, coloration, and page fashion. Perfectly works for a long time for all my solutions.

What do you dislike?

The service doesn't bring any bugs and problems. Step by step I learned all existing tools in Squarespace. Yes, I can't say that it is easy from the begin. Maybe will be better to have a more open way of using the tools.

Recommendations to others considering the product

100% that I recommend this service. You will have the opportunity to work more productive. Using this tool is a super easy and don't need any professional skills for it. Also, the software has a lot of attractive tools. Let your productive ideas work for you.

The powerful platform which will make a better and open way of creating websites and can save your working time. With Squarespace we made our online store alive.

Squarespace review by James S.
James S.

"Great Platform Quick Standard Website Builds"

What do you like best?

The code embed block and extra space block save me time constantly. With the code block, I can embed integrations directly that Squarespace has not already built an integration for. And with the space block, I can very quickly add vertical or horizontal padding to content (space between the element and the surrounding elements) on the page without adding an extra code block with a div with padding on it.

What do you dislike?

Extremely standardized look of templates

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace will give you a very clean professional site in a short amount of time. However your site will start to always look like every other Squarespace site in some subtle ways after you've worked in the platform for a few months. To stand out, you'll still need a creative designer, but I still recommend this platform as on of the best to get up and going quickly.

Love the customer support for squarespace sites; however, the rate at which they create new integrations with new rising platforms is so slow it sets them behind. If not for the embed block, Squarespace would be almost unusable in some scenarios. For example, several clients use different booking platforms that the folks at Squarespace have never heard of, nor plan to ever integrate into the platform.

Squarespace review by Douglass E.
Douglass E.

"Great tool to increase a good work at the online store."

What do you like best?

I like that very much. As it helps me with my sale. Perfect when you are working on the online store. A good chance to sale faster all my items. Support service is really nice and takes care of you. They will make your working day much simple. All of the things are working right and fast. This is exactly what I need.

What do you dislike?

Not all elements in the design are located conveniently, as I would like. Also sometimes there are not enough tools to do something special.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great to make your business really work. Helps to your team work better and more concentrated. With one click your web can be interactive. Squarespace gives the ability to create more useful web and easy way for you to present all your ideas. With this software you you will have all powerful tools for your online store.

We are using that platform and work with this tools every day. I know and I feel that I have more customers than ever. Great software to develop your business. I like it very much.

Squarespace review by Nia H.
Nia H.

"I LOVE SQUARESPACE!"

What do you like best?

I love that I can customize my own website without knowing any coding whatsoever… My website looks beautiful and it's very user-friendly to change. The software is very up-and-coming and always has updates… They definitely keep up with the Jones' on what they offer to their clientele

What do you dislike?

There's not too much that I dislike about this website creator. I would prefer not to have to pay the annual charge, but everyone's got to make money. I have used Wix as well in the past, and it's great for a free website creator option, but I definitely prefer square space

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely recommend the software. I recommend paying for it if you have a business. I purchase the cheapest version available and total love and all the capabilities. The subscription has increased by $10 each year which I've continued to pay, but my website is absolutely gorgeous and easy to manage and design!

I definitely solve the problem of getting my information out there and advertising. The benefits are endless for having your own professional website for your business. A great plus for me, I was not having to have someone design my site for me and to be able to do it myself.

Squarespace review by Rainee T.
Rainee T.

"A Little Pricey, But the Best Solution I've Found "

What do you like best?

I'm not exactly new at building websites, but I'm definitely not the type to build one from the ground up (besides lacking the skills, it just doesn't sound fun to me). Squarespace gives me just enough to feel like I'm making a really custom, functional website, without having to start from scratch or know *a lot* of code. It's an outlet for my creativity without being a burden.

What do you dislike?

The price isn't terrible, but it does add up after awhile (especially when you're already paying for a domain name). And the customization is perfect for me, but it is a template-based platform so it might not give everyone all the features they'd like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend that anyone thinking of using Squarespace demo competitors like Wordpress and Wix, to get a feel for the variety out there. To me, Squarespace gave the most polished results with the least headache but it may not meet every customer's needs.

I've created a well-designed portfolio that showcases my work as a marketing professional! I also use it to help manage my colleague's small nonprofit website.

Squarespace review by Cara M.
Cara M.

"Not for people that know what they're doing"

What do you like best?

Squarespace has some nice templates and is fairly user friendly if you don't have very specific ideas about what your site should look like and you don't need it to do much other than advertise your business.

What do you dislike?

The drag and drop functionality of the templates is very frustrating. You can't always get elements to go where you want them to go and you are stuck with a rigid column-based layout dictated by your template. If you want one section of text to be a different color than the colors specified in your styles for whatever reason, you must use custom CSS code to make that happen. E-commerce has limitations as well if you're selling experiences (like tickets to an event, for instance) instead of physical products. If you have experience with custom web development and design, you will probably find Squarespace frustrating and limiting.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There are other wysiwyg editors that are more user friendly.

I've used Squarespace to quickly set up websites for small businesses. The site is competitively priced and is easy for a web design novice to use.

Squarespace review by Lia R.
Lia R.

"Wonderfully user-friendly website builder!"

What do you like best?

My favourite thing about Squarespace is the versatility - if you don't have a lot of coding experience, you can still create a basic website. However, if you have the knowledge, it still allows you to inject your own code so you can add some more advanced things to your website.

What do you dislike?

I completely understand why this is the case, but I would say that something I dislike is the support staff's rule that they never even try to help you with a problem if it remotely involves any code that you wrote yourself.

I have used Squarespace for the past three years to run my tutoring business. It has allowed me to showcase everything about my business as well as allow students to book with tutors right online!

Squarespace review by Shannon M.
Shannon M.

"Great display of photos"

What do you like best?

It is very simple to create a site to showcase your photography work. Affordable monthly plans but there are cheaper options. If you prefer minimalistic, clean, chic designs and that your website is more graphics, imagery-oriented, definitely consider Squarespace.

What do you dislike?

The sites built can end up all looking the same. You need to dig a little for ways to make your work stand out compared to other Squarespace users. You can upload your own design. But most of Squarespace’s appeal lies in the fact that they have a huge selection of design templates. Facebook retargeting and other options are buried in Advanced Settings. They have to be added and tested through the Code Injector tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Shop around, see if you like the layouts first. The cost is a little steep compared to format

Now in photojournalism, you have to have your work showcased in an online format. This website builder helps any starter look like a professional.

Squarespace review by Megan N.
Megan N.

"I Probably Wouldn't Be a Web Designer Without Squarespace"

What do you like best?

I love how easily Squarespace makes working with clients. I can give them billing access without full access, and can hand over ownership with just a few clicks once completed. The 24-hour support is also wonderful and so important for my clients to have. The look and feel is very modern, so it's hard to make an outdated website with this platform.

What do you dislike?

I really don't dislike much about this platform! I would say that sometimes it feels difficult to customize the templates, and I have to use code quite often. This isn't all bad though because the work I do to heavily personalize templates makes me a more advanced and successful designer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just go for it! Start a 14 day trial and explore its features.

Squarespace is my entire web design business, so the problems I solve with this program are the design problems that clients come to me with.

Squarespace review by Ryan E.
Ryan E.

"Beautiful templates, mostly customizable."

What do you like best?

Unlike many other web templates I've found, Squarespace puts a premium on design. Clean, modern layouts (that don't require a coding background to customize), an emphasis on the content (written or visual), and most are supremely customizable. Want to change your template mid-stream? No problem. And quite reasonably-priced, as well.

A decent knowledge of CSS also opens up more opportunities for customization, but even without this, a little bit of time, web-savviness and (most critically) a good eye makes it possible to create professional-looking websites easily.

What do you dislike?

Squarespace's blogging platform isn't bad, but it's certainly not as robust as Wordpress's. And while the Wordpress has a robust open-source ecosystem with more plugins than you'll ever find the time to use, Squarespace takes a page from Apple's book with more of a closed system: more limited, although it tends to "just work."

New feature requests appear to fall on deaf ears much of the time... for example, the ability to create a recurring calendar event -- something seemingly basic -- was requested by myself and numerous other users, but for years went unheeded. (It is possible this has been remedied by now, but since I no longer use that feature, I am unsure.)

Recommendations to others considering the product

In my opinion, it's the best option for people looking for pretty, easy-to-use, functional websites. Those looking for a full-fledged web development platform should look elsewhere.

As a photographer, my Squarespace site showcased my images beautifully. Since my website and blogging were my primary marketing channels, this was critical, and it did the trick.

Squarespace review by Cephas T.
Cephas T.

"Squarespace is the Go to for Any Small Business Owner in Need of an Online Presence"

What do you like best?

I really like how simple the overall platform is to pick up and implement, with that being said with proper planning and an eye for design you can really build beautiful fully immersive sites that keep potential customers on your site.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is the way some of your graphics and other web elements end up rendering after the initial design of the website. During my second website build I found myself spending considerable time rerendering graphics in order to get everything to fit, which is a little different than working with elements in wordpress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider pairing this product with a graphic design software like Canva, it will make the design aspect of building your website a lot easier. It also helps to have some background in coding, but it is still possible to build a fully functioning website with no prior knowledge at all. The squarespace knowledge base is pack with helpful articles, pictures, examples, and animations to help you succeed.

It allowed me to give my own business a website presence as well as to do the same for my mother's real estate business. Not only was I able to easily implement graphics, videos, and music on to my artist site, but with the help of the squarespace knowledge base I have been able to solve multiple problems across multiple industries with squarespace. From real estate to digital marketing, this platform can take care of your needs.

Squarespace review by Cameron S.
Cameron S.

"Squarespace review"

What do you like best?

Squarespace is a great option for those who wish to start a website. There are a lot of formatting options so that you can design your website how you like so it doesn't look like everyone else's.

What do you dislike?

At first, Squarespace was not user-friendly to me. I had a lot of trouble figuring out what functions did what and how to generally work the website. I got a lot better once I started to play around with it. I also dislike that you cannot right click to copy and paste, but must use your keyboard function.

Recommendations to others considering the product

To users thinking about trying Squarespace, I would definitely recommend to try it. It's a great option for building a website. However, it does take some time to figure out how to build the website. If you are someone who enjoys playing around with things, then Squarespace is for you. If not, I would consider picking another website to build your website.

I have realized many benefits using Squarespace. It is easy to manage now that I've been using it for a year. My administrator gives me an invitation to edit the website, so I can log in easily and have my own account.

Squarespace review by Jared B.
Jared B.

"Squarespace is a great, easy to use and cost-effective solution"

What do you like best?

I really like using Squarespace because I do not need to know how to code in order to build a beautiful website. I can also make edits at any time very easily, without involving a developer. Not to mention, Sqaurespace is very reasonably priced. Overall, you can customize as much or little as needed.

What do you dislike?

At times finding the perfect template can be a time consuming process but with the many options available, you are bound to find an option that looks fantastic and functions with ease. I am not certain on the level of safety, especially when collecting information via forms and processing e-commerce payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give Squarespace a try!

It's quick solution that doesn't require weeks of web development and generally low cost. Squarespace is also a great option for a simple landing page or temporary solution. I also use Squarespace for my personal portfolio.

Squarespace review by Kelsey S.
Kelsey S.

"SquareSpace Domain"

What do you like best?

- The cost is low, $20, and you can setup automatic renewal. Also, no hidden fees!

- The domain comes with an SSL certificate and Who Is privacy

- The interface is easy to use and the help pages were actually helpful!

What do you dislike?

- The cost of an online store is very high! Therefore, it is cheap to have your own domain but very expensive to have your own website through SquareSpace.

- It took me a while to learn how to forward the domain name to another site but as noted in the likes, the help pages helped me to navigate this issue

Recommendations to others considering the product

The domain is fantastic but be sure you count the costs associated with having a store on the site.

We needed a domain for our online store. The SquareSpace Domain is ideal and comes with everything we need. Also, if we do start earning more money from the store, we can upgrade to a full website and store on SquareSpace.

Squarespace review by Kim S.
Kim S.

"Best website host for all types of businesses"

What do you like best?

The people at Squarespace have really thought of everything. There are templates for all type of businesses and styles for every personality. The benefit to Squarespace is actually it's lack of flexibility. You can customize a lot, but Squarespace keeps you within boundaries to ensure the site looks clean and functions properly. While some people may think this is a disadvantage, I've seen way too many Wordpress sites in a state of a mess due to too much freedom.

What do you dislike?

There have been just a few instances when a client will want me to customize their site in ways that the Squarespace templates do not allow. To do so would take a developer. I'd like to see better access to hiring developers for specific tasks if needed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's worth it.

I use Squarespace to host my own website, freelance graphic design and web design. I have also used Squarespace with many clients. The huge benefit with Squarespace is after I set up a site for someone and customize it, I am able to easily hand it off to them with a short instruction on how to use and update their site. Low maintenance for me.

Squarespace review by Kelly T.
Kelly T.

"Overall good experience with squarespace"

What do you like best?

The templates and features adapt to mobile and adjust based on screen size as well automatically and the menus adjust as well. This is very beneficial. The features are easy to use. The pre-set features on the pages such as galleries, images, social links, text, etc. are user-friendly and look professional. Even though it's not fully customizable you can do a lot with the features.

What do you dislike?

You can't do coupons that are one time use. Only time frames. Some limitations with the page elements not being free moving. Country restrictions for shipping don't allow exclusions. Allowing shipping to United States only includes US territories and doesn't allow freedom to exclude or increase cost to these locations with flat rate shipping. You can't create memberships or logins.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you do a lot with your ecommerce it may not be for you with it's limitations. For the ease of use it has the features to help you create a professional site that can represent your brand well. I think it would be best for sites that would use a lot of images or galleries.

Our business needed an easy to use site for company information and ecommerce. The site was easy to set up for a marketing team without the need for a programmer. The cost was in our range for our budget. We've benefited by having a stronger web presence, having a simple way to generate some web sales, and being available through our contact us page to customers with questions or comments.

Squarespace review by Stephanie T.
Stephanie T.

"Easy Breezy, if you know what you're doing."

What do you like best?

I felt that Squarespace was a very intuitive platform. I've used wix, weebly, and wordpress, and after playing with Squarespace I feel like it was the easiest to use—and you got a GORGEOUS, modern website once you were done!

What do you dislike?

I've only worked out of templates, so that in itself has its own challenges. Their templates are beautiful, but there are constraints you can't get out of. For example, the spacing! I want 3 images with 3 columns of text centered in the page, and to do so you need to add the images, columns, and "spacers" strategically in place. Well, it's basically impossible to get it centered, because you can't adjust how large the spacers are—you're limited to certain sizes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While it's easy to just hop in and 'go,' I would recommend spending a solid 8-hour day just playing around. Honestly, after a day, I felt comfortable with the platform.

So, I've built 2 websites on Squarespace, each of them with different styles and purposes. The biggest business problem we've solved is the ease-of-use. The learning curve is pretty small, so anybody can hop in and make some changes without messing it up. We save time since we don't have to train anyone, and you're efficient in a short amount of time.

Squarespace review by Katy P.
Katy P.

"The best website buliding platform around"

What do you like best?

Squarespace is the most powerful and the easiest to use. It is a no-brainer for anyone looking to build a site.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were easier options for setting template colors, fonts, etc. across an entire design. Right now, you can set the same fonts and colors and elements manually, but there could be an option to trigger all of them to be the same on/off.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with the trial. Play around with many different templates so you know what is available to you. Play with features. Play with design blocks. Get to know the interface and the tools before you begin to pay. That way, when you're paying for it, you know you're getting what you love.

My business has a home. My Squarespace site is my business site, my home base, my blog, and my resume.

Squarespace review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Website Builder That bring ease to the development space"

What do you like best?

Easy website builder, had my site up and running after weekend of designing it. It was my first choice for the student discount they initially offered, even after I used it for a year I decided to renew because of my success with my website layout and overall experience using all of the tools they offer (analytics,etc).

What do you dislike?

Not much - it allowed me to build my site pretty easily. Only thing I would suggest is I'd have an issue with building a pricing chart with coding and would love to have Squarespace build something for me to utilize.

I'm giving my business life on the internet. As an artist, a website is essentially for success and Squarespace got me off the ground on to the web right when I wanted too.

Squarespace review by Kanisa B.
Kanisa B.

"Easy way to create a beautiful website for cheap"

What do you like best?

I really like the price and beautiful website styles available.

What do you dislike?

The loading times for some of the pages is too long.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace is great for your first website. I have been using it for nearly 3 years and I am starting to see the limits of its capabilities. The sites does get converted to mobile ready but I find that the pages take much too long to load. And someone on a mobile device can quickly get impatient and navigate away from my page.

Also when posting a page (like a blog post) to social media the way the thumbnail photos appear does not correspond to your post. I have reached out to tech support on this and was told that there is not much that can be done.

The other advantages is that the site works well with google for the purposes of domain name and google analytics. And I can't say enough about the beautiful professional looking styles. Squarespace even selects the fonts based on the style of the website. Its also very easy to create new pages and add them to the homepage navigation.

I can't afford a website designer so creating a site on Squarespace fit my budget.

Squarespace review by Keith B.
Keith B.

"Several sites with exceptional results"

What do you like best?

The simplicity of building attractive sites with functionality that work across platforms.

What do you dislike?

There come limitations with any software that does so much of the upfront work for you. While able to customize to an acceptable degree, there are certain features one might like to attempt, but cannot, which for what we've used the software for, we find acceptable.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, for most purposes, we've found the Squarespace product to be ideal for developing our Chamber page. If you're needing elaborate functionality, perhaps this won't do all you need. I'm certain for most purposes, the functionality of this platform will exceed your needs.

Most recently we developed a website for our local Chamber with the help of a graphic designer more fluent in the software than we are. We created a multi- page layout with lots of active links, which is all good, but more importantly, we've found it very easy to train our assistant to be able to update content very simply and quickly as needed. It's just much more user-friendly than other programs we've used in the past.

Squarespace review by Emily L.
Emily L.

"I'm hooked"

What do you like best?

Love how easy it is to get set up, customize, and integrate even with e-commerce stores. FInd it extremely useful to build and hand off to clients as well (given how simple its dashboard is).

What do you dislike?

Link any CMS tool it is limited. For those that are looking for a little bit more customizability or more freedom (with javascript) etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You will need some design experience beforehand, as your site won't look fully customized unless you're pre-creating images and branding for the application. You'll need access to a simple editing software to resize images outside of Squarespace before you upload your images, otherwise, you'll have some trouble fitting things in perfectly.

Squarespace lets me build really easy landing pages, client projects, or even build quick marketing websites for the companies I've worked for/with. It's extremely easy to get set up and has a really simple integration with both e-commerce transactions (stripe) and google analytics (for tracking).

Squarespace review by Teena C.
Teena C.

"Make your work alive"

What do you like best?

So great for an online store.Became easier to sell products. Great online support. Now I can say that this works for me.Your site will always look great and so easy for visitors

What do you dislike?

If I have a problem I always contact support services as I I know that they will help me with my issue.Don't waste your time by thinking that maybe I can handle by myself. The support service really cares about you.They know what they are doing.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make your business better.Develop your team and work with fun on your performance. You can work here as much as you can.Create, choose any theme, photos or video makes your site live.

Helps to keep my site always up.With using this tools I found that I have more visitors which is became customers.Gives good opportunity to start with.

Squarespace review by Ashley N.
Ashley N.

"Squarespace - a great option for any in need of a website, without the need for coding."

What do you like best?

I love that Squarespace has so many versatile web templates. The company makes it so easy to pick and choose one based off of your needs (website functions) and personal style (aesthetics) and there are a lot to choose from. That being said, your website won't necessarily look like another's who chose the same template, simply because there are so many options for customization.

Each template I've tried out looks professional, crisp, and clean and I know that it would be very difficult for me to code the same exact website, because I'm new to the process. So for me, this is a practical option while I'm setting up a website through code which is taking me much longer. Squarespace works personally for me and my business needs and since I joined a year ago, they've added more capabilities that they didn't have before ie: email newsletter caption widgets, etc.

In my opinion, it's worth a trial run to see if Squarespace is the answer for your needs!

What do you dislike?

I dislike that although there is a section where you can add custom code (for instance adding some html to the site) I can't figure out how to actually get the code to work properly. It always shows up as blank added space to the top header. This is probably more an issue on my end however, and I haven't been able to find much about it through Google search. However, I haven't spent a ton of my time looking for a solution either.

Besides this slight hiccup, I can't say that there's anything I dislike about Squarespace. It serves a great purpose for me, personally. Keep in mind though, that if you're looking for a website to be much more tailored to your specific design requirements, this is probably not going to be the best option for you and I do believe that hiring a web designer and web developer is the better option in this case. Being a startup, I didn't mind compromising my design needs and settling on a built-in template for the time being.

Recommendations to others considering the product

When considering using Squarespace, I suggest evaluating your needs to determine if this site could be a solution for you. Remember, there's no harm in trying out a trial here and to be honest, you won't really know what Squarespace is capable of or what their templates look like without playing around in it a little. Get a good feel of how everything works and if you believe this would be a good option for you.

For me, it's been a life saver and I'll continue using it until my personally designed site is finished being developed.

It was taking too long to code my ideal website by myself, because it's the first time I'm doing it and it's a tough process to complete quickly, given the amount of time I have free to do it. However, I didn't want to stifle my ability to get my business off the ground, and I knew I'd have to have a website in order to do so.

This is where Squarespace has been a life saver for me. I've been able to use it to get my business in front of my ideal clients and target market, while looking very professional. No one would know that it's a Squarespace template, so it's wroking perfectly for me while I continue to code my site on the side.

Squarespace review by Shirin E.
Shirin E.

"So much easier to design and launch content painlessly"

What do you like best?

I love leaving the technical aspects to SquareSpace. I no longer have to create backups before updating over 15 plug-ins that we ran in order to get Wordpress to do what we needed.

What do you dislike?

My only complaint is I can't dial in the SEO aspects as well as I could in Wordpress. It takes content from various parts of the site and I wish I could override the Meta Description as it's not always the best text for the actual website page.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I thought it would "dumb" down our corporate presence. But what you'll find is that you can get your thoughts online faster without having to be a graphic designer. Now when we launch a campaign or want to create a landing page you focus on the content and not the structural or tech aspects.

We were subscribed to 3-4 software plug-ins for wordpress. Not only did this cost us money but they often conflicted with each other and caused us to have to restore our site from backups. We had a plug in for landing pages, forms to mailchimp automation, and SEO. Our template conflicted with this often and more than once we had to make changes to our CSS to over come the conflicts. With squarespace, this functionality is native and even a non-designer type like myself is able to crank out a decent landing page that looks professional.

Squarespace review by kyle j.
kyle j.

"The Good and Bad of Squarespace"

What do you like best?

I really like the ease of use. Getting started with a website is easy with their templates where anyone at any level can start a website for their business. The templates and themes to choose from are very nice looking and have a wide variety that really can fit any business. I know they are more on the artistic side compared to Weebly and Wix but really they can work for any type of business. I've used Squarespace for my business website and help build two other businesses websites. Some people believe that SEO isn't achievable with these types of platforms but with one of the businesses I helped build their site and have them ranking number one for their top local term and in the top 5 for national terms. It is very possible to rank these sites.

What do you dislike?

When it comes to SEO, I'd say Squarespace is on the top of wisiwig website platforms. But there are still frustrations that come with not much flexibility. One of those is not being able to write your own meta descriptions depending on the theme you choose. If you choose one that has the hero image where you can fill in with text, that automatically becomes your meta descriptions. Or you can use a generic description for the whole site. I have tried to find work arounds and talked to support who said that isn't something that is changing in the near future. Meta descriptions aren't a huge bust in SEO but they kind of are for click through rate. The E-commerce side of things I wasn't impressed with. Limited functions from what I saw. I would for sure stick to Shopify for E-commerce.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace is a pretty good option for a business that needs a space to land their name for a little bit until they become more credible and established. It's a good entry level platform to get up and going fairly fast.

Build websites fast, easily, and affordable.

Squarespace review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Super Duper User Friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love the easy page set up. All the tools are user friendly, it’s great! Personally, I am not the most creative person so the preplanned/ pre-created options are so useful. You can change even those but have a good foundation to work off of. I would recommend it to anyone!

What do you dislike?

I don’t like that you can’t change fonts from page to page. I also don’t like the default font colors. For example if I have a black background with white writing for my home page, another one of my pages can’t have a white background because you won’t be able to see the text.

The ability to reach out to our audience and not have to invest a ton of money paying someone to set up a website.

Squarespace review by Kelly S.
Kelly S.

"Great for beginners!"

What do you like best?

SquareSpace takes the daunting task of running a website and streamlines it. I'd say it's "idiot-proof" but that's an insult to all of the genius entrepreneurs I know who use it who aren't idiots -- they just aren't web strategists, either. It solves for a wide variety of questions like design, UX, multimedia needs, etc. and creates a user-friendly interface through which to manage them.

What do you dislike?

As a search specialist, I wish SquareSpace made it more clear to its customers who SEO works within its platform. Most of the work I do as a consultant on SquareSpace sites is deciphering for clients how to install SEO best practices on the site. If you're seeking an SEO-friendly website, do some research over and above SquareSpace's basics, because chances are you're not optimizing correctly if you stick to their base recommendations.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's an absolutely wonderful platform -- just be sure you understand what your website needs from and SEO standpoint and how to implement that in SquareSpace.

Ease of use for people without web backgrounds is the biggest business problem SquareSpace solves. I consult with small businesses who have little to no web or ecommerce experience, and SquareSpace makes it easy.

Squarespace review by Amy H.
Amy H.

"Highly Reccomend"

What do you like best?

After using multiple website providers, Squarespace is by far the most superior in the industry. The ease of use, beautiful interface, extremely helpful staff, and affordability of Squarespace sets it far above its competitors. For a beginner starting out with a photography business, Squarespace made creating my website so easy and stress-free.

What do you dislike?

My only personal dislike of Squarespace is the need to re-verify your domain after a one year purchase.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use Squarespace as it is the best website provider out there.

Squarespace has allowed me to market my photography business with little up-front cost while appearing to be extremely professional and easily managing a stunning website that showcases my work in the exact way that I envisioned. Squarespace puts the ideas into reality with easy to use templates and easy to manage tools. I have also found that the ease of use for customers looking to book photography session by being able to easily contact me through contact forms on Squarespace has increased my traffic to my site. Along with this, the ability to save my site settings and template even between yearly payments has been a huge plus for my situation.

Squarespace review by Constance C.
Constance C.

"Perfect for quick & low-skill required online exposure"

What do you like best?

- User-interface is very intuitive, sleek and well-divided.

- All templates are aesthetically pleasing and professional.

- Price and plans are reasonable for the service it offers. (It cost more than WordPress and less than hiring someone to build from scratch)

- It's fast. It only took me a weekend before my website goes live

- Quite a big range of domains you can choose from

- Appear well for mobile and tablets

What do you dislike?

- The control over the templates is limited, and more controls require the premium plan. I remember that was not the case a few years ago.

- Encounter sever down one time

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to quickly whip up a professional looking website for portfolio purposes and don't have to much time to juggle different codes, but still don't want pay for someone to do it, Squarespace is the way to go.

- Establish a professional presence online and personal branding

- Showcase my work in a user-friendly manner

Squarespace review by Zeinab K.
Zeinab K.

"Using squarespace to manage websites for my 3 businesses has been extremely easy. "

What do you like best?

I love how user friendly the platform is especially for first time entrepreneurs like me. I run a photography business as well as a travel blog- both of which are revenue streams for me. Squarespace makes it really easy to incorporate an eccomerce component to my websites should I want to sell anything by linking it up to a squarecash account. I also love the clean and minimal templates they offer.

What do you dislike?

Very pricey. Purchasing a domain (which is not included with the live site [another $120+] with Squarespace for a year costs a minimum of $20 per year of use whereas the same service on GoDaddy cost me $10 for 2 years. Something I'd also like to see squarespace do is to make it more accessible to talk to someone in customer service. They do have a lot of helpful tools online to answer a number of questions however many times I can't talk to them during their business hours because that's when I'm shooting. I would love it if they had a 24/7 hotline at some point.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Wonderful and easy user experience for any type of platform (ecommerce, personal use)

Updating my site has never been easier and allows me to handle media managing on my own rather than hiring an outside developer. They also did a great job at connecting my subscribers directly to my eblast list. I've never had a problem with them!

Squarespace review by Daryl W.
Daryl W.

"Bulid Your Website with Squarespace!"

What do you like best?

Squarespace's templates are sleek, modern and FAST! I absolutely LOVE Squarespace as my site has never looked more professional and it has never been so responsive!

And they also are serious about making your website professional and secure! They offer SSL certificates for encryption plus HSTS, bulit in G-Suite (Gmail emails) for my site so that I can have say "support@mysite.com". That is essential for any website and it solidifies your professional look. They also provide built in social media integration, a full e-Commerce platform, SEO optimization and in-depth analytics!

Their prices are also very reasonable. I cannot afford their annual package at this time, so I am on their monthly package. And for me, having my domain and 2 emails under Gmail, it's only $26 a month! That is cheap!

What do you dislike?

I have no dislikes for Squarespace at this time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a modern, sleek and responsive website, look no further than SquareSpace! They have a free trial

I was originally using the outdated Webs.com. Their templates were stuck in 1999. My customers did not take my business seriously because of my old, slow and outdated website.

When I switched to Squarespace however, I noticed immediate that their templates were modern and their features I listed above would make my website look more serious and professional. All of this helps make my customers feel safe and they trust my brand and website.

Squarespace review by Agency
Agency

"Awful customer service "

What do you like best?

The platform has good usability in terms of designing and editing the website.

What do you dislike?

Abysmal customer service: There is only one way to ask for help which is to complete an online help request. After a while you receive an email which I have discovered does not address your question or resolve your problem.

I have spent hours and hours trying to get answers I need and have had no luck to date. Absolutely terrible customer service. Avoid like the plague.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I like Squarespace's usability on its platform (CMS) but I find its customer service for any help needed terrible.

The only way to contact Squarespace for help is via its online messaging service, after which there is a lengthy wait of up to a couple of days, after which the answer you get is unhelpful and doesn't solve your problem.

It is absolutely driving me nuts and to be honest I wish I had never set my website on Squarespace because of it.

I want to move the web files to another web host. God knows how long that will take to arrange if I ever manage it.

I recommend going with good old Wordpress or Shopify until Squarespace has sorted out its customer service :-(

None. I want to move to another platform and web host as soon as I can.

Squarespace review by Dakotah W.
Dakotah W.

"Build it Beautiful! (and easily)"

What do you like best?

The squarespace platform is stunning and mostly easy to use. Your website will appear seamless to visitors but will also look as though you've put a ton of time into it even though you didn't! Yay!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it can be challenging when you first start using the platform. The templates can be difficult to search through and switching templates is a huge challenge as I have had to re do my entire site before just to change the template. It takes a little time to familiarize yourself with the tools on their website building platform, but once you get the hang of it, it will go off without a hitch.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely purchase a domain through squarespace

I don't know how to code or build websites and squarespace has allowed me to build a business website as well as a stunning online portfolio for my freelance work. It's allowed me to get jobs because my website is easy to navigate and visually gorgeous

Squarespace review by Abigale W.
Abigale W.

"Clean, Easy to Use and Trending"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the easy to use interface and design capabilities. Their templates are crisp and in line with the current trends. They also have fantastic customer service - they help you with anything you need. The online "how to" section is an easy, learn-it-yourself section without having to interact with a person.

What do you dislike?

It seems as tho the 55+ age group has trouble with this design space and prefer Wix.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It can be helpful to have a professional design the space and have minimal interaction after the designing. Most administrative staff can perform edits, adds, and image fix/changes with ease after a small amount of direction and learning.

I currently work with a business that still uses code for the every day edits (new phone number, new staff member, etc.) Squarespace gives the every day person the ability to go in and change the quick edits with ease.

Squarespace review by Kaitlin O.
Kaitlin O.

"Squarespace is the best site for websites out there!"

What do you like best?

I love the look and feel of Squarespace; it is user-friendly and intuitive, but also just has an innate style of sleekness to every design available. I have never seen a Squarespace design I did not like. There are so many options available for users, which is very helpful. The customer service i also great and always available to answer any questions.

What do you dislike?

The only aspect of Squarespace I dislike is that I don't fully understand all of its features. There are some features of Squarespace that I do not use, but I still feel like I am behind on knowing about everything Squarespace has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I can't say enough good things about Squarespace. I also use Squarespace for my personal website, and I currently use their cover page setting for my personal site, which is perfect for anyone whose site is under construction, or just looking for something simple.

I am solving the problem of having an online presence. With Squarespace, my small, new theatre company is growing its online presence, and can integrate its social media presence to that on the out Squarespace site. Our website also serves as an online portfolio where patrons can see our work, learn more, sign up for our mailing list,and purchase tickets, for example. We are establishing ourselves as a theatre company and expanding our reach through our website.

Squarespace review by Carrie H.
Carrie H.

"A great tool for building amazing-looking websites in virtually no time"

What do you like best?

Ability create a well-designed, modern website in a fraction of the time; clean and minimal templates for any kind of business; e-commerce functionality

What do you dislike?

The longer you are working on a site, the more slow and buggy it seems to get. There have been a few times where it hasn't saved an iteration of my site or got so slow that I had to exit the app and re-login.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace is a great platform for building portfolio websites or websites for smaller companies who need a strong online presence but don't have a ton of time or expertise to manage something more complex. While not as robust as a platform like Wordpress, Squarespace is MUCH easier to navigate and does everything you need a simple website to do.

Ability to build sites for clients that look great and are super easy to navigate and manage without my help.

Squarespace review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Very sleek, professional, easy to navigate, and convenient"

What do you like best?

I love Squarespace. I used it to build my dad's website, and he's already gotten more business just a few months later from adding Contact Forms, a bio, descriptions of services, social media logos, etc. The themes are very professional, sleek and subtle.

What do you dislike?

Both the desktop and mobile options look great, but I wish I could more easily update the mobile version. It took me a while to figure out how to make the header bigger on the mobile version. The Squarespace analytics are also really helpful. With Weebly, you have to upgrade to get the analytics, and it's nice that it's already included.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Squarespace is the best website builder out there right now. I like it more than WordPress, Weebly, or Tumblr. It can be a little expensive, but it's worth it.

I've used Squarespace to promote a small business, get more clients, develop a brand, and establish credibility. The most beneficial aspect right now has been the contact forms since a lot of clients reach out that way instead of calling or emailing.

Squarespace review by Mandy C.
Mandy C.

"A great website builder for the lazy (busy) designer's portfolio"

What do you like best?

The title might be misleading--I'm not really lazy, just constantly swamped with client work. I wouldn't recommend using Squarespace if you're wanting to create a fancy website, but if you're crazy busy with client work like I am, then Squarespace works fantastic as a home page for your basic, clean portfolio.

What do you dislike?

I do think that it can be difficult to move files around. I also don't like the limit to pages I can create even though I pay for the services.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, if you're a web designer, definitely make your own site, but if you're on the print side of design, this can be a great way to go for quick portfolio creation and showcasing!

Time saving format for me to create a website that I can quickly update with new work.

Squarespace review by Anna S.
Anna S.

"Great product for a small biz, takes some setting used to"

What do you like best?

Creates a clean, easy to understand website with a workflow that makes sense for users. Good template options, good guidelines, good brand experience and lots of promotions that make it pretty affordable. I've used it for about 2 years for my freelance business and professional portfolio and I'm overall happy with it.

What do you dislike?

It's a little difficult to customize, and you definitely have to play around with it to get what you want. I had an issue with typing my Gmail to my website domain and webform that required a lot of back and forth with Google and was frustrating, but I did end up getting it figured out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you know enough about design and websites to get what you need.

I'm able to have all my services and references in one easy-to-understand place. I've had many customers reach out after reading my Squarespace site, and several have commented on how nice it looks.

Squarespace review by Matthew J. T.
Matthew J. T.

"Best Collaboration-friendly Website Hosting"

What do you like best?

Squarespace is the best website hosting site for those that initially work with a graphic designer, but then want to make changes and do simple updates on their own. The ease of use is fantastic, and the learning curve is low. This product is also competitively priced to other similar website hosting products in the market. However, it is quite a better value than its competitors, as it offers many more features—specifically in relation to those that want to have a graphic designer build the website, but then want to update and maintain it own his or her own.

What do you dislike?

It lacks some of the integration with other software products that are available with other larger website hosting sites.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is competitively priced in relation to other similar products on the market—but offers many additional features. Specifically, for those that want to work collaboratively with a graphic designer.

Business branding building and information about our business.

Squarespace review by David S.
David S.

"Super easy to use and the templates available are gorgeous!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to get up and running with a beautiful fully responsive website. Each template works seamlessly and you have so much control of design options and plugins.

What do you dislike?

Although the templates are beautiful, sometimes you have to work around them to create some custom elements on your site. This can be a challenge sometimes for people who don't know much about html.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to build a website for yourself or someone else and you have limited experience with web design, Squarespace is the perfect solution. You can build out a great looking site that functions great. If you have a lot of web design experience, you'll get the most out of Squarespace's features and capabilities.

I use Squarespace to build sites for clients. This allows me to provide a beautiful site for them that is relatively quick for me to build, but also gives the client control to go in and make easy modifications on their own.

Squarespace review by Lydia J.
Lydia J.

"Squarespace "

What do you like best?

Squarespace is a very user friendly software to create your personal website for a small business, blog or personal portfolio. I currently use for my online portfolio. There are multiple different types of designs to choose from and you can tailor your design to your specifications. The team has been responsive when I've had questions AND it's affordable. All of these are positive qualities about Squarespace.

What do you dislike?

I think there are ares of opportunity for more data analytics to be included in the software. Tracking, info and more insights incorporated for the Squarespace user to easily review (clicks on website, etc) would be helpful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try them for free! 30 days to decide if it's for you.

I'm solving the problem of a lack of personal website with Squarespace. Squarespace benefits include an easy to operate website for me to distribute to my contacts.

Squarespace review by Daleena A.
Daleena A.

"Squarespace Review"

What do you like best?

I love how modern the website templates are in Squarespace. My company also uses another platform for a different website and I think that the templates are more outdated but the ones available on Squarespace keep everything looking clean, sleek, and user-friendly.

What do you dislike?

From the web-designer point of view it's not super easy to find your way around sometimes. I would recommend that users that have no background in web-design seek out help when using this platform for the first time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend first time users/ non web-designers have a professional setup the page and teach you how to use the platform. This will definitely help with ease-of-use!

We use Squarespace as the platform for one of our company websites. We love the templates and that it's user-friendly for our clients.

Squarespace review by AJ E.
AJ E.

"Looking for a Place to Build a Website, Get on Squarespace"

What do you like best?

Website organization and features. Easy to use. Design is accessible to users.

What do you dislike?

Mobile version could be a tad better and provide better editing features

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take some time. Glance over the features to learn more if needed. Be creative and don’t worry about messing up.

It’s free to set up. Only thing that cost is a domain. It allows users to invite other contributors via email. It is very easy to use and navigate through. It gives users a lot of options when editing a post on a blog or video. The only problem i have is sometimes with the thumbnail it’s not automatic and the mobile version can make it difficult to post an article because it won’t be fortmatted right.

Squarespace review by Miriam R.
Miriam R.

"Beautiful templates but a bit of a learning curve"

What do you like best?

It is pretty hard to make a squarespace template look ugly- they are beautifully designed and the default settings will definitely yield a modern, nice looking website. Once you learn the platform it is relatively easy to use.

What do you dislike?

The first hiccup was choosing a template. Squarespace is not eminently clear about the different features each template allows (i.e. sidebar, search, etc). They do let you know, but it takes a little digging. Also, the style editor is a mess, you should be able to edit elements from anywhere, instead you need to go in and out of the style editor, it is a pain.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is limited but beautiful. Great for a portfolio site or small boutique.

I am currently using squarespace for my personal website and for the blog at my company. It is really easy to manage once you get a hang of it.

Squarespace review by Krista B.
Krista B.

"Squarespace"

What do you like best?

I like the multiple pages that you can have on your website. it makes it easy for clients who are in need of Webstores to direct their customers where to go.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that I can not add multiple options to the items I put on there. Each color has to be a new sku, would be nicer if we can just add a drop down to select the color from.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, edit, and add to.

it keeps everything together in one spot. I don't have to delete stores I know I will be using again in the future. I can just disable or enable them at anytime. This helps with annual sport team orders and such.

Squarespace review by User

"The Best Way to Make a Beautiful Website Quickly"

What do you like best?

I really like how you can make a stunning website quickly and easily with Squarespace. Their templates are modern, clean and elevates any business. Their drag and drop feature is great too.

What do you dislike?

I wish their was a library where you can store photos past or future that you would like to use. I also wish they had better plugins or bells and whistles to optimize content. I wish they had an undo button because when you are formatting and don't save something, you can mess up a section and can't get back to the original! The formatting is the hardest part sometimes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend you take the time to play with the features, read the tutorials and videos to save yourself time and so you can fully take advantage of their offerings.

Squarespace has provided me with an easy to build and good looking website. I also create websites for others so being able to sell this service for a client is great. People look at my Squarespace portfolio and it helps me get more business.

Squarespace review by Hugh H.
Hugh H.

"Easy to use but limited in capabilities"

What do you like best?

Very simple to learn and easy to use. Intuitive user interface.

What do you dislike?

If your need matches one of their templates, it's a good choice. But it you expect to be able to do much customization, you're probably out of luck. The system is very limited in terms of options, which simplifies operations quite a bit. However, there's a big price to pay in terms of flexibility. If you're used to the capabilities of a platform like Wordpress, you'll be frustrated.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a simple website for a standard type of business (for example, restaurant, photographer, accountant, lawyer, and so on - something easily categorized), then Squarespace is a good choice.

A simple "brochureware" type website for a professional services provider. Squarespace was a good option for that.

Squarespace review by Caitlin T.
Caitlin T.

"Excellent website design- very user friendly!"

What do you like best?

I love how simple it is to use. You don't need to know anything about codes to make a beautiful and well designed website. I'm self employed as a massage therapist so it's just me, myself, and I. When it became clear that a website would be essential to my business, Squarespace was recommended by a friend. I'm so glad that I didn't waste time with any other website building company. I've even been able to make a new client intake form that sends all the information to my email, completely eliminating the need to keep up with paper files, which is amazing! I'll be using Squarespace as long as I have my business!

What do you dislike?

My only complaint- and it's really so so minor- is that they don't use Square for payment processing (for gift certificates and such). You have to use Stripe (in their defense, this has the same details as Square as far as being free and charges per transaction). I ended up getting Acuity Scheduling (which does use Square for their GCs) so it ended up working out just fine.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go anywhere else! They're great and you will be very happy with their service.

My website is used for general information about myself and massage, scheduling appointments, and buying gift certificates. It's been great to be able to direct clients to my website to fill out their forms and gather any additional information they might need.

Squarespace review by Kelly M.
Kelly M.

"I use Squarespace all the time and recommend it"

What do you like best?

It's very easy to use for clients and I can easily hand over their website. I also love that I'm able to customize the website to look very unique. I have been using Squarespace for 3 years with clients and they love their websites when I'm done.

What do you dislike?

Limited in some options. There are no login/logout features or advanced e-commerce. However, I still stand by my positive review.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace is a GREAT service to use, especially if you're considering Squarespace and you're not familiar with coding. All websites I've made with them have looked wonderful. If you want login features, this may not be for you.

Creating websites quickly for clients and making the backend easy to use for them.

Squarespace review by Faith B.
Faith B.

"Making Web Design Simple"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Squarespace makes web designing easy while still allowing more customization than other competitors, such as Wix and Weebly. My websites are created simply and look professional. I understand basic web coding (HTML/CSS), which is a definite bonus when using this service. However, I think it would be possible to create a Squarespace website with little to no experience or knowledge and have few problems if any. I've been using Squarespace for over 2 years, and I have never needed to reach out to customer support. Most questions I have can be answered quickly with a simple Google search.

What do you dislike?

It does still lack some customization once you choose a template. For example, I chose a template that had the header sometimes black and sometimes white. I couldn't choose to have a black version of the logo on white headers and white logos on black headers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for a professional looking website with great functionality and minimal effort, Squarespace is a great choice. If you're desperate for extreme customization, an option like WordPress may be a better choice for you. Overall, Squarespace is a great option for any level of web experience and most any company or organization website.

I am able to make updates and switch my entire website layout with great simplicity. In fact, I did a complete rebrand and website makeover in one weekend because of the simplicity of transfers through Squarespace.

Squarespace review by Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching
Administrator in Professional Training & Coaching

"Marketing professional with over a decade of professional photography experience. "

What do you like best?

I enjoy the variety of functions within the store and mobile payments. It is easy to add things for ecommerce and allow a digital option for payment. In addition there are a variety of layouts and templates to choose. You can control everything from blogging, to contact forms, and host galleries in a click of a button. This is arguably one of the best platforms out there from both a mobile responsive standpoint to overall functionality. You can also edit images for online with the Adobe Creative Cloud plug-in in some of the templates.

What do you dislike?

The font selection is not unlimited like a design program; it has restrictions on how type can interact with images in some formats. I wish there were more opportunities to save on other features within the platform. There could be discounts for training on services the site offers.

I'm able to bring my photography business to the current times with mobile payment in a way that is easy to document for tax purposes. I'm also able to achieve new leads in my contact form. The biggest benefit is brand awareness; prior I was not able to see leads become sales. Now I can see everything from page views to what is getting the most traction on the site.

Squarespace review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"For the Business Owner Who Knows Visuals Are Where It's At"

What do you like best?

Squarespace offers high impact layouts without a major time investment. The learning curve is short and it will look like you spent a lot of time and money. But you just worked smarter! To shorten the set up time, decide on your template, gather photographs and curate initial content. This will allow you to literally drag and drop and be finished same day, if a basic website.

What do you dislike?

I didn't feel the navigation for building my website was intuitive. I had to use 'help' to figure out where to find things like creating a placeholder page while creating my website. I have also used customer service on things like billing and am very impressed by the speed of response and 'human' response, not a script.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it! Whether you're a creative, solo-entrepreneur or small business owner. You'll save money and with a good photographer and writer, you can have an excellent website.

I wanted really great visuals to launch my coaching. As I'm now shifting my business, Squarespace shifts with me. I can choose a different template easily, reuse some images and keep moving forward with my own goals. I do not have to wait for my online presence to catch up. Squarespace gives me agility and I cannot speak higher of the company.

Squarespace review by Natalie K.
Natalie K.

"Easy to use"

What do you like best?

I like the templates and also the block features. I don't have to think too hard to create a website that is simple and gets the job done. Like having forms that people can fill out. Like knowing that I can eventually put a scheduling system directly into my website.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the login for Squarespace's "logo" page doesn't recognize my email login that I just used to login to squarespace... it's buggy. I also hate the limited number of fonts for designing a logo, as well as for putting text over a photo on my website. I would like to have more choices of fonts. I believe that the photo editing system is also a bit outdated.

It is a wonderful feeling to have a functional website! It gives my product legitimacy and saves me time not needing to learn how to program.

Squarespace review by Michelle Z.
Michelle Z.

"Easy to use, but need time to figure out & not incredibly customizable"

What do you like best?

Once you figure out how to use the program, Squarespace is relatively easy to use. There are a lot of templates to choose from in different categories, so you're guaranteed to have a nice website in the end.

What do you dislike?

While there are so many templates, they're not very customizable. Or, it's not easy to do (like Wix)... You definitely need to take some time to learn it before you dive into designing the website.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't go in thinking you can customize it easily. There's no drag and drop feature, so it's not that easy to do.

Problems include not being able to customize it with drag and drop. For example, if a client had a specific desire for the website, I wouldn't be able to do it for them because the templates are so specific.

Squarespace review by Nick M.
Nick M.

"The Best Website Building Platform"

What do you like best?

Squarespace is by far the best website building platform that exists today.

What do you dislike?

It's a challenge to come up with something I dislike, but on occasion the template style building can be a little finicky when re-sizing objects.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Squarespace is by far the best platform out there for creating visually stunning, modern, responsive, user-friendly websites.I have tried a variety of different website building platforms, and Squarespace sets the bar for the rest of the competition. Over the past couple years I have seen many competitors attempt to recreate what Squarespace is doing, but Squarespace is by far the best. I'm able to accomplish all of the goals that my clients have for a website every time, with glowing reviews at the end of the process. Squarespace's simplicity also allows me to train my clients on how to make future updates and revisions so that they can continue to utilize and update their website over time. I've gotten to the point where I refuse to use anything but Squarespace when creating sites for clients and would highly recommend it to anyone considering using it.

I'm creating visually stunning, modern and responsive websites for clients. The benefits are endless, but one of the prime benefits is how easy it is for a client to learn how to use the Squarespace platform themselves after I've built the initial website.

Squarespace review by User in Environmental Services
User in Environmental Services

"Easy for anyone to set up a good looking website!"

What do you like best?

Squarespace makes it easy for anyone to set up a trendy, good-looking website, without having prior website-building expertise! Customizable templates make it easy to choose the style you want, with the functionality that you need an design an attractive website within hours.

What do you dislike?

Templates can be somewhat limiting if you need specialized functionality, especially if that functionality is outside of just describing your business or initiative. While some basic functionality is available, if you need anything particularly complex you are better off going to a web developer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search through the templates, decide if you find something where you like the look and feel. If it meets what you need, and you don't have any particularly complex needs, go for it!

We created our website with squarespace. Within 2 hours I was able to have a functional website that described our product, mission, team, etc, and looked great at the same time!

Squarespace review by Daniel L.
Daniel L.

"Reliable, Low Maintenance, Deceptively Steep Learning Curve"

What do you like best?

It's lightweight, performs really reliably, low-maintenance and is always updated (because there's no installation). It's especially great for people who have no CMS experience. There's alot baked in out-of-the-box, so for 99% of people, Squarespace can reliably do most things with little to no tweaking. The aesthetic is pretty customizable, but the functionality is quite set.

What do you dislike?

As someone who has a lot of CMS experience, the learning curve felt extremely steep for me. I had to pretty much unlearn all the CMS norms to use Squarespace effectively. While it performs well, the interface itself is very app-like: it relies heavily on moving through one navigation category at a time. You can't jump around so it feels a little tedious if you're doing heavy editing. It's also not nearly as customizable or extendable as other CMS' (Wordpress). Everything you generally need is baked in, but if you want to use third party services or plugins, you have to do some hacky workarounds. Since Squarespace is based off of pre-built templates, the editing experience is actually pretty different depending on the template you choose. So if you get familiar with editing one specific template, you won't get the same type of structure or editability with others. You have to deal with random limitations to gain certain benefits for each template.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a personal site, this is probably your best option. However, depending on your experience, the learning curve can be deceptively steep and the template to template variations can be frustrating. The support is incredible though, so even if it's difficult to use, the help chat is super responsive.

I use this for my personal business. I really enjoy the low maintenance aspect of it. With Wordpress, I had to constantly update plugins and the installation itself to avoid compatibility issues. It's also purely web-based so it feels super lightweight and not bloated. It takes care of SEO pretty well out-of-the-box and the store setup is second to none.

Squarespace review by Emily Marie W.
Emily Marie W.

"Best website building platform around!"

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the editor, while still having the flexibility to make your designs look entirely customized. I also love how you can trust that it just will work - no stress about hosting, complicated coding, or anything!

What do you dislike?

The interface takes a little getting used to and for me was a bit counter intuitive. Maybe that was because I was transferring from Wordpress which was way over my head so I was expecting Squarespace to be more complicated!

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend Squarespace to everyone who wants a solid, reliable and easy to use website builder and host. For web developers, you might need more flexibility than it provides but for people who don't want to spend their time mucking around website design and maintenance and want to dedicate their time to their products and services - this is the platform for you!

I use Squarespace to build and host 4 separate websites - once I the first one I built was so quick and easy, I rapidly switched over my other site and told my colleagues to do the same!

Squarespace review by Tobie W.
Tobie W.

"Easy to use, but limited customizations."

What do you like best?

Squarespace has thought through a lot of ideas that everyday individuals/businesses would like on their website, which is quite admirable. I like the website additions that you can add on to your site, or scrolling banners that you can add. The already populated forms for contacts and forums are nice to readily have in addition to its mobile optimized site.

What do you dislike?

The limited things that I may do to customize my site. It's quite easy to tell when websites are designed by squarespace because they are so limited in specific customization features. As a marketer, individuality is of the utmost importance when it comes to brands. So when being asked to develop a Squarespace website I always make sure to tell my client that it will like a "Squarespace" webpage.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking to have a simple informational page for your customers/leads to merely come and leave squarespace is the easiest format to use. However, if you're looking to develop a website with fading/flashing features or large scale anything squarespace may have some challenges for you.

When needing to have a constantly updated site, you must first have the ability to do so. With Squarespace it's an easier accessibility than having to use a hosting site like godaddy.com, it helps businesses develop more of a media strategy being able to see the type of optimization and customization features there are on the web.

Squarespace review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Wonderful for people with a little bit of coding knowledge"

What do you like best?

I love that you can really dig in deep to the code to make the tweaks to templates that you want.

What do you dislike?

I feel like while this product IS very easy and straightforward for people with a basic working understanding of how websites and web design works, if you do NOT have this knowledge or skill set, your website will obviously show the deficit. It is a very time-consuming builder, as well. A little clunky.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't NOT research or use Squarespace if you feel that you are not a skilled coder or builder. It can definitely be manipulated and used by people of all skill levels, just be aware that you may be doing a little digging or research to really make it your own. Still a VERY solid product with great consistency, support, and pricing.

Since implementing Squarespace, I have been able to refer potential and existing clients to my website for policy, protocol, and prices. I am also in the process of building a blog component to better engage with my clientele even when they do not need my services.

Squarespace review by Carlos S.
Carlos S.

"Easy to make high quality websites"

What do you like best?

Squarespace is 1) simple to use and understand. It offers intuitive customizations to add your own images, change layouts and colors. 2) Cost effective. A basic site is less than $20 per month. 3) They link to other tools like Google Analytics and your domain registrar (eg GoDaddy)

What do you dislike?

There are times when I wish greater customization for layouts and organizing elements on a site page were easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While other services like Wordpress are out there and cost-effective, I do not find it as easy to use. So be honest about what your own capabilities are to design and manage a site. There is nothing more frustrating than wanting to make changes or updates and not being able to do so, or needing to wait days for changes to be put through.

Every business needs a website and a web presence. We have saved significant money every month, over time it is hundreds of dollars per year.

Squarespace review by Marissa A.
Marissa A.

"Good Starting Software"

What do you like best?

I like the easy to click and drag applications, the lack of coding knowledge needed, and the ease of inserting multiple media types into a webpage.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that setting up a commerce site is cumbersome and costly in addition to the normal price you pay, and that the blogging feature is not as customizable as a WordPress site, for instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out for yourself with a free trial and see if it's right for you. It's definitely one of the top options out there for hosting and running your own website.

I am solving my web visibility problem by having an affordable, accessible website. I have realized the benefits of hosting and monitoring a website myself as a business owner vs. hiring out the job to a web developer.

Squarespace review by Administrator

"Good for more advanced users"

What do you like best?

It is really quick to get a site up and running. You dont need a lot of web design experience to have an incredible looking site. The templates they offer are really beautiful and streamlined and give you a lot to choose from.

What do you dislike?

It is not easy to customize however you want, you are pretty limited within the template. So you have to play around with the different widgets and options to get the look exactly right and it is sort of glitchy to make edits.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Pick a template that you won't want to change too much so that limited customization is needed to make it how you want.

Quick to get a site up and running, and great for showing a portfolio of work. It is where I host all my portfolio, about me, contact info, etc - my main site. It's a little pricey though.

Squarespace review by Evan H.
Evan H.

"new website built on this platform, easy to use"

What do you like best?

Now that our website is done it is super easy to update using the template and built in tools.

What do you dislike?

For the most part there isn't much I don't like. It could be easier to understand to do certain things like adding forms, but in the end I figured it out. Just took a little trial and error.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It makes putting a beautiful website together easy. No problem adding pictures or text.

being able to communicate our message well. Also being able to capture potential clients and teams through the contact us feature is great. i also have new clients fill out multiple forms using the security feature and provide a password.

Squarespace review by Alex W.
Alex W.

"Squarespace helped me get a functioning and aesthetically pleasing website up fast"

What do you like best?

When I was looking for a place to host a website for my design start up, squarespace had most of what I was looking for:

1) a single place to coordinate and pay for my domain and google e-mail address

2) design templates that I thought met my design sensibility

3) easy interface

4) it works. I haven't had ANY technical issues

5) some rudimentary usage metrics

6) the ability to tie to Google Analytics

What do you dislike?

I don't like how many of the templates have limited customization, but that's the trade-off I'm willing to make for not having to design my own website from the ground up.

If I want to change my website template, the user interface doesn't do a great job of translating the current template to the new one. In my case, I'd have to reformat and upload many pages to get the new template to look right.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'm paying annually:

$20 for my domain name

$50 for Google G-Suite

$96 for Squarespace to host and support my website

The business problem I'm solving is making sure I have a presence on the internet where people can learn about my business and contact me. It's an easy first place to direct potential clients.

Squarespace review by Ashleigh P.
Ashleigh P.

"Easy to use "

What do you like best?

I like that I was able to redesign our company website. It was very quick and easy. Almost anyone can use it. It also has an easy to use landing page where if you are under construction you will have something for your guests to look at. There is an option to use a store, and to create forms. There is a lot you can do with it. Also REALLY enjoy how you can see the analytics. It's helpful for my reports. Just wish I could generate a pdf or better presentation for management

What do you dislike?

I wish I had more of a free form to design the website, but I understand why I don't. It would be nice to have some more direction. I don't like how some of the pages you have to delete so they are not live. I like to edit a page and even though it's not on the homepage as a link, you can still google it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would have a plan of where you would like to go before you start to play around. There are a lot of options you can select.

I dislike that I can tell when someone uses squarespace

If you're company that can't afford a web designer, this is a great tool

Solving: Online presence and presentation

Benefits: Leads, generates emails, tracking view& where leads come from

Squarespace review by Christopher M.
Christopher M.

"SquareSpace for Business Web Design"

What do you like best?

I enjoy being able to switch themes at will while demonstrating to potential clients, I also like the ease of adding, removing, and hiding pages with just a few clicks.

What do you dislike?

When designing the website from a mobile phone or tablet what you see is not always what you get. Their e-commerce platform is also very lacking, you're limited to only a few payment processors.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking at using SquareSpace for e-commerce, please take a hard look at their payment processors to see if they will be a good fit with your industry.

We use SquareSpace to quickly hash out design details with clients without digging deep into wireframe applications and extensive Photoshop editing.

Squarespace review by Joseph I.
Joseph I.

"Great design portfolio"

What do you like best?

The vast array of templates to choose from.

What do you dislike?

I do not like how difficult it is to make a layout 2, 3, or 4 columns. Adding in spacers for every template is very difficult. I do wish there was a way to make a master template for internal pages so you do not have to remake the wheel every time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need to create an easy to use design portfolio this is a great place to start but it will take some time to make the templates look how you want.

I am trying to create an easy to update website without all of the coding.

Squarespace review by Sara M.
Sara M.

"Great tool for simple and easy websites"

What do you like best?

It allows you to use modern templates that look customized for a very clean look on a low budget.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say about this platform and has worked for what I needed it to do.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I don't have any recommendations because I used this platform for a quick easy fix for a beauty blog that is a spin off of my marketing agency.

I used it to create a beauty blog page and the benefits were I was able to set this up in a clean and modern way with little website background and low costs.

Squarespace review by User in Higher Education

"User Friendly Platform with Sleek + Modern Templates"

What do you like best?

I like how Squarespace has developed a reputation for its clean and modern templates while being super user friendly. You can customize quite a bit, and even more if you know workarounds and advanced coding. It really is a good platform for anyone, no matter your experience level - beginner to intermediate.

What do you dislike?

Squarespace essentially has its reputation to protect, and there are some things that make it impossible to change on their templates just because they think it should stay a certain way. I don't like that part of it. If you can't change it, you basically just get stuck only being able to have it a certain way. While that works sometimes, other times it can be extremely annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can do a trial with Squarespace, and I'd recommend doing that and messing around with some pages to determine if there's enough functionality that you're looking for and that you're able to have the customization needed.

I'm able to offer beautifully designed websites with a clean and modern take on Squarespace. I also really appreciate their e-commerce platform which is widely recognized.

Squarespace review by User in Photography
User in Photography

"Squarespace is awesome!"

What do you like best?

I love all the templates to choose from and creating your website is relatively easy with lots of options. The pricing is also affordable. There are a lot of plugins available for purchase that are also fairly affordable, but your site comes with so many options and features you don't necessarily need more plugins. There is also a huge library of step by step instructions for practically everything.

What do you dislike?

It is a little bit complicated to learn when you are first setting up your site. And not all templates have the same basic design abilities/features which is frustrating because there might be one or two template designs I really like, but they are limited on the features I need/want which are included with other templates I don't like.

I need a website for my business that is affordable and easy to create and update myself with a lot of modern designs and options. Squarespace provides that.

Squarespace review by Devin B.
Devin B.

"SquareSpace Review"

What do you like best?

I love the customer service and the simplicity of the templates. I was a first time user and a new business owner and square space really helped to pave the way during my initial struggles.

What do you dislike?

There's nothing really that I dislike about it! I understand the more you pay means more features. I eventually would like to get to the point where I can take advantage of all of the awesome features square space has to offer.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always recommend square space first when I hear of a friend or colleague interested in starting their won business, blog, etc. It's great!

I use it for my entire interface with my online customers! It's where all of my traffic goes with those who I cannot physically be with.

Squarespace review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Wonderfully designed platform to create a beautiful website that reflects my business!"

What do you like best?

I am able to customize everything to match my business' style. Everything from the colors to the layout and edit the photos while I'm at it! The ease of doing all of this was wonderful! I also really like that there are multiple membership levels so you're never hooked into paying for something you don't want or need.

What do you dislike?

I wish templates weren't limited to certain design changes. I would love the option to customize further on some templates. I was able to make my selected template work, but disappointed that I couldn't select my first choice.

I am able to direct all of my customers to my Square space website and allow the to purchase my products from all over the world instead of only in my local area. I love the benefit of analytics. I am able to see what areas my site is doing well and where others are not.

Squarespace review by User in Media Production
User in Media Production

"Good for inexperienced users but if you can, choose something else"

What do you like best?

Squarespace is an easy to software for web design. It is great for people who have little experience in web design but want something that looks decent. It is also nice that all your webpages are under the same login. You don't have to login to several places.

What do you dislike?

Squarespace leaves a lot to be desired when you need any advanced features. Things that we struggle with include alternate languages, lack of plugins, inability to edit gallery and shop pages, and much more. I would choose WordPress any day over Squarespace myself.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Again, if you don't know much about web design or coding, then I highly recommend. If you are more experienced in web design, use something else such as Wordpress!

Web design. I haven't noticed a lot of benefits and would have chosen a different product if I had been involved in the initial setup.

Squarespace review by Nathan L.
Nathan L.

"Great platform for a non-techie"

What do you like best?

I like that I can pretty simply make a website that doesn't totally suck, even though I know next-to-nothing about websites and nothing about coding. Also, the automatic mobile-friendly...I don't even know the word for it. But our site looks great on desktops, tablets, and mobile devices.

What do you dislike?

There are bumps in the road here and there, but they're mostly due to my ineptitude and lack of knowledge and experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get into the details and find all the cool things you can do. They've got great templates and lots of neat options.

Our church's prior website was a mess and not mobile friendly. Now it's not a mess and looks good on mobile devices.

I also like how easy it was to set up a podcast through Squarespace and get it hooked up with Apple podcasts and Google Play as well.

Squarespace review by Megan N.
Megan N.

"Professional and Simple"

What do you like best?

I like Squarespace because it's fairly simple to use. It's template based and clean cut.

What do you dislike?

I don't necessarily like the fact that it's difficult to customize. Once I've chosen a template or layout, I'm kind of stuck with the way it's pre-designed. Which is a little frustrating for the price of the site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure the templates work for you! If they don't then try something else. They aren't very customizable, though the templates are nice as they are.

I like having a hub for people to go to so that they can see my work. I've realized that people want a clean, easy-to-navigate space to go to rather than asking them to contact me through email or Social Media.

Squarespace review by Jamie T.
Jamie T.