Squarespace

Squarespace is an easy way for anyone to create an exceptional website.

Work for Squarespace?
Duda 2x

Learning about Squarespace?

Squarespace Reviews

Ask Squarespace a Question
Showing 662 Squarespace reviews
Squarespace review by <span>Edmond L.</span>
Edmond L.

Fantastic platform for a polished web presence

What do you like best?

The assortment of designs and ease of use help me get the look of a beautiful site without hours of work or the need to hire a designer. The interface to change the design/layout is effortless to navigate. Squarespace also updates their templates on a regular basis so you can keep your page looking fresh and on point with the current trends.

What do you dislike?

I don't have anything negative to say about Squarespace. I've been using them for about four years and don't see an end in sight. I guess the ability to generate contracts and invoices through my site, instead of just selling fix-priced items, would be nice. But that isn't a deal breaker for me by a long shot. I'm sure that would just increase the cost to use it, which I wouldn't like.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you check around for a promo code. Squarespace is a sponsor of the Podcast Comedy Bang Bang so they usually offer a promo code for new customers.

I'm creating an online presence to showcase my work and providing information on contacting me as well as my rates.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Squarespace
Squarespace review by <span>Cameron N.</span>
Cameron N.

Anyone can master website design with Squarespace

What do you like best?

The ease of use of Square is the best. As someone in a marketing and communications field, saying anyone can master design is nothing something I take lightly. Squarespace makes design easy so the world has many more interesting and visually pleasing websites– GeoCities this is not! It's important to come to Squarespace account with content in-hand. You'll likely be impressed by all of their templates and would like to have your site completed as soon as possible. Squarespace isn't a replacement for nice content, come in knowing what you want to convey and use your account to achieve that goal.

What do you dislike?

When formatting text, Squarespace can occasionally have some issues in the user interface, it is difficult but not impossible to mirror formatting across the site. Calendar functions could use some help and some reservation options would be nice to build out options. We use our site as a source for current members and prospective members for a rowing organization, having expanded integration would help us segment our users.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There isn't much else out there to be a one-stop-shop for website building, hosting and even commerce. Try it.

Transitioned a rowing website from a lack-luster Wordpress template to Squarespace so people would actually use the site. We needed to combine a news site, blog, calendar and boat reservation system. Squarespace allowed us to bring what we needed into one central location. Our site (toledorowing.org) is nice and shiny.

What Website Builder solution do you use?

Squarespace review by <span>Richard E.</span>
Richard E.

SquareSpace is the best for those looking for an inexpensive website

What do you like best?

The best feature of Squarespace is the fact that anyone, even those without any web development experience whatsoever. 20 years ago, it was very considered a very desirable skill to be able to create a website. However, these days, the expected quality is much higher, and a high quality service such as Squarespace makes this possible.

What do you dislike?

While Squarespace offers a lot of options for growth, the only problem with the service is that it can quickly become expensive if you depend on their merchant system and build your entire business off of their service. I would say the service is better for businesses looking to make a simple and clean site, not a fully fledged e-commerce experience

Recommendations to others considering the product

As long as you don't intend to build a marketplace using Squarespace, it is the way to go.

Squarespace is what we used to primarily design our website for Harding Software. It has made the process dramatically easier, with the most notable benefit being that we did not have to hire a web developer to create a website. We avoided the issue of high costs by not hosting any of our transaction features on the website.

Squarespace review by <span>Jacqueline D.</span>
Jacqueline D.

Great Software to Create Beautiful Websites

What do you like best?

Squarespace really takes care of all options for you. You can create your own domain, your own email, and an ad free website all in one place, which was a huge plus for me. There are many different layouts to choose from that are able to serve various different needs and services. The analytics are awesome and really help me understand what people are interacting with on my website. They even offer a google adwords credit for signing up! I think this is the best platform for creating your own website, making it look professional, and avoiding paying someone thousands of dollars to do it for you.

What do you dislike?

It is fairly difficult to customize within certain layouts, and the process is clunky, with having to go to a different 'design' tab to do so. The pricing is moderate but you get what you pay for!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Watch all of the video tutorials!!!! Even watch a few before getting started. I consider myself fairly tech savvy but I had a lot of trouble trying to figure it out myself without help. Watch some videos first to avoid getting frustrated like I did!

It has helped me create a beautiful website to help drive my business. 100% of my business so far has come from people online and interacting with my website.

Squarespace review by <span>Leanna W.</span>
Leanna W.

Here you can choose what suits you

What do you like best?

A large number of beautiful and modern templates. There are many categories for creating a website: food, music, fashion, wedding, etc., you will definitely find something for yourself. Allows you to change the template without knowing the programming. The program interface is easy in its work. Customer service always works well. If there are questions they quickly and professionally answer on them.

What do you dislike?

I would like that the cost would be lower. Some customers need to change the functions and settings of having templates, but this can not be done. In my work on the program, I did not encounter any problems.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need a beautiful and quality website then Squarespace will help you in this. The site that you create will appeal to all your visitors. Try it and you will understand that the Squarespace is really good.

I use the program to create sites to order. I do my job quickly and easily with Squarespace. Customers are satisfied, as it is easy enough to manage the site, and it works perfectly.

Squarespace review by <span>Anthony S.</span>
Anthony S.

I sold custom websites for a design agency. Squarespace is better.

What do you like best?

Great UX, great documentation, smart (if limited) integrations, a lot of power lurking beneath the turn-key products.

What do you dislike?

The commerce product is still baking. Shopify is better at bulk inventory management, payment processing, shipping, and fulfillment.

Recommendations to others considering the product

While Squarespace positions itself as a consumer/DIY product, the benefits the platform offers as a white-label SMB product are already powerful and evolving consistently. The Circle program lights a path to a thriving development community that can guide future iterations of the platform.

Squarespace lets me deliver SMB clients a sophisticated, data-driven content strategy without the expense of a from-scratch agency website or the poor quality of the DIY, my-niece-has-a-friend-at-college-who-does-websites product. While turn-key Squarespace sites ensure that I can provide an attractive, reliable, basic website to my clients, the real power comes in the integrations (MailChimp, Acuity, OpenTable, etc), easy CSS injections, and the deceptively powerful collections functionality (blogs, galleries, calendars, and summaries). Brass tacks: I feel confident that I can sell a Squarespace site, including content strategy and monthly marketing retainer, against agencies charging 2X or 3X for similar white-label or custom-built products to SMBs.

Learning about Squarespace?

* We monitor all Squarespace reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.