SquareUp Payment Method

(16 reviews)

It provides Square payment facility to the customers and lets the admin accept payments in his " Magento store " using "Square payment method " , one of the leading payment processors.

Work for SquareUp Payment Method?

Learning about SquareUp?

SquareUp Payment Method Reviews

Ask SquareUp a Question
Showing 16 SquareUp reviews
SquareUp review by User in Events Services
User in Events Services

"Cute but not special"

What do you like best?

I have used this software to accept payments on our business. I think the layout and format is easy to use. I actually think it’s very visually appealing however I think it could use some work. More features like switching from a bid to and invoice, or adding a signature line and mark for contracts or invoices that need to be signed.

What do you dislike?

I think that for the amount of time it has been around it should have more developed features like switching from a bid to an invoice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you’re looking for something super simple and visually appealing, go for it! If you need something more involved try quickbooks.

Accepting different forms of payment.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SquareUp Payment Method
SquareUp review by Joyce C.
Joyce C.

"Very convenient product"

What do you like best?

This software allows me to accept credit card payments via my mobile phone where ever I happen to be selling my products. An example would be at vendor shows. Square allows me to process payments quickly and easily and my money comes next day! It couldn't be more convenient!

What do you dislike?

I can't think of anything I dislike about the product at this time. It's so easy and so incredibly convenient. I have nothing bad to say and highly recommend it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! You won't regret it. You really have nothing to lose. It cost nothing to start and the fees are low. Your customers will love being able to pay with a card and receive a receipt via email or text. It's amazing!

This product allows me to serve customers that don't necessarily carry cash and it allows others to purchase more of the product than they would if they had to use cash only. This causes greater sales and convenience for the customer.

What E-Commerce Tools solution do you use?

SquareUp review by User

"Easy to use small business payment processor"

What do you like best?

I like the ease of using the swipe reader in person and the seamless use of the Square Store payment link on my website for clients to pre-pay or purchase gift certificates. No monthly fees, and changes are easy for me to make through the Square Store.

What do you dislike?

Fees are higher when clients pay by entering their card number online and when I have to manually enter a card number. The original card reader often requires 2 or 3 swipes before payment is processed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a great low cost payment solution for accepting credit card payments online and in person.

I can accept credit card payment without a monthly fee, accept gift certificate sales online through my website, receive payment to bank account within 1-2 business days. If I choose, I may add online scheduling, invoicing, and payroll.

SquareUp review by Ali H.
Ali H.

"Perfect and seamless"

What do you like best?

How easy it is to use. Thanks to SquareUp I was able to start my own business.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had competitive credit card processing fees. Other companies have offered me less for my business but I stay loyal to square and wish I could be rewarded for that.

I am able to run payroll and my business seamlessly!

SquareUp review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Great system and easy to use "

What do you like best?

I like the ability to easily take business from the store out to events while still being able to track sales from either, or both, locations. I also like the easy to use online platform that helps track inventory, sales, and items throughout the years.

What do you dislike?

Some updates over the last year made things more complicated but those have generally been addressed.

I use data from square to stay updated with our inventory. It is also beneficial when scheduling staff because we can check sales equivalents from previous years to make an educated guess on how much staff to have in store and on call.

SquareUp review by Administrator in Veterinary
Administrator in Veterinary

"Low cost, easy use, great connectability"

What do you like best?

I LOVE that you can connect your reporting/POS software directly to Intuit. If your business is small enough, Squareup could even be all you need for bookkeeping if you keep a separate outgoing book. Truly intuitive for customer and seller.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe with the SquareUp Payment method is that it will not keep the payment device (phone, tablet, etc) "awake" even in times of it being not used, like when having a conversation during checkout.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just do it!

Squareup Payment Method solves my issues of portability, flexibility, and easy of use when collecting payments for my goods and services.

"Efficient Payment Processing"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the simple user interface. It makes creating an tracking invoices very easy.

What do you dislike?

There isn't much to dislike, but I do think an automated reminder for an overdue invoice would be great. Right now I have to go in remind every over due invoice, which happens a lot because I invoice over 300 artists with certain busy periods.

For invoicing I used to have to submit requests every time to our accountant. Now I save tons of time being able to create and email of my own invoices.

SquareUp review by Brian H.
Brian H.

"Absolutely Love SquareUp! "

What do you like best?

It allows us to SquareUp with our Customers using their Credit Cards, or just using Cash! Plus we use it for Inventory Control and Tracking, and it even sends us low stock, out of stock, and other reports! It's one of our most valuable tools! Seriously!

What do you dislike?

Nothing! It's incredible! We use it a lot!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do,it!

Sales. Product tracking, inventory, and more!

SquareUp review by Elizabeth W.
Elizabeth W.

"A bit pricey but very convenient "

What do you like best?

I love the convenience of being able to use this on my iPad, as well as send invoices and check who has paid.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be confusing. I also don’t like that you have to spereately add items.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It looks very professional but can be tricky to use. Definitely practice and look through it before getting in front of a client.

It looks very professional when taking payments with the card reader.

SquareUp review by User in Design
User in Design

"Great for small businesses"

What do you like best?

This is a great payment system for small businesses to use because they don't have the steep fees like the credit card machine vendors require as well as the contracts. It could still use some improvements abs fine tuning but overall is very sufficient.

What do you dislike?

It can sometimes be a bit challenging to use when WiFi goes out and this can cause some inconvenience. It would also be nice if it could be integrated with the businesses inventory program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If we could link it to our pos program that controls the actual inventory

Avoiding the great fees and it links all of our stores different locations.

SquareUp review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Squareup Stepup"

What do you like best?

That it provides a free website to create your own business, with ease of credit card acceptance

What do you dislike?

That I can not use PayPal with it. I would love to be able to accept PayPal as payment or transfer funds to PayPal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Allow use of PayPal for merchants!!

Ease of use is amazing, literally use it anywhere. Again, I would use solely if it was compatible with PayPal.

SquareUp review by Administrator in Restaurants
Administrator in Restaurants

"SquareUp is a great payment system"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use, natural and intuitive so doesn’t need a lot of training for staff. They pick it up very quickly. Excellent and easy reporting. Lots of perks for customers

What do you dislike?

I️ can’t think of much I️ dislike. Perhaps having a booking method in the site would be helpful.

Ease of use for staff and customers, lots of different tools like marketing, collecting CRM from customers.

SquareUp review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

"Great for small business success"

What do you like best?

We link our square up account directly to our business page! this is great for having a marketing source to distribute product from home!

What do you dislike?

It is a bit challenging to integrate the framework into the website, and add new products. but once its up and going its great!

Recommendations to others considering the product

We love square up for our business. We can use it for manually processing transactions at events (get the card swiper- its a lower rate) and we can use it on our website for passive income!

a low cost option for shipping merchandise directly from my home business without having to pay a warehouse fee!

SquareUp review by Christin L.
Christin L.

"Great app for self employees "

What do you like best?

It’s so easy to use. I love that it keeps your clients organized and gives you the option after each transaction to store their contact info

What do you dislike?

Nothing. So far I love everything about it.

It gives you free marketing campaigns which is a huge plus

SquareUp review by User

"Easy to use. Integrates nicely. Inventory tracking is great. Love reporting."

What do you like best?

SquarePOS and the ability to log in from a web browser to view reports for sales and customer information. Campaign integration.

What do you dislike?

Doesn’t integrate directly with quickbooks desktop pro. It does with quickbooks online though if that would work for you.

Credit card processing solution, eCommerce payment processing and cart integration.

SquareUp review by Administrator in Chemicals
Administrator in Chemicals

"Excellent on-the-go paymentts"

What do you like best?

The flexibility to accept payments any where any time has changed the game of business. The new softwares and upgrades the company are coming up with continue to revolutionize.

What do you dislike?

There is a cost to premium features and unfortunately, collecting customer data is not standard anymore.

SquareUp allows us to take business mobile, moving sales and business opportunities outside of the brick and mortar.

Learning about SquareUp Payment Method?

* We monitor all SquareUp Payment Method reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.