What do you like best?
The most important features for us as a small business are:
- holiday planning, booking and the shared calendar
- sickness record and bradford factor score
We like that the product is focussed to suit the needs of a small/medium business and so it isn't like using a sledgehammer to crack a nut. You're only paying for what you really need. Importantly, the support service is top notch and personable - perfectly suited to the needs of SMEs
What do you dislike?
I'd like to see more dynamic reporting features or even just a wider choice of reports. I'm assured that this is coming. However, it's worth noting that if you can't access a specific type of report you want then you can contact support and they'll run the report for you.
Recommendations to others considering the product
It goes without saying that Staff Squared resolves a lot of HR admin pain so it's already worth every penny you invest in it. But, for us, it's more than just HR software....it's a system that helps us to manage our team to efficiently achieve our business objectives.
My recommendation would be to use it as a team management tool that can organise your staff and feedback loops in a way you've never experienced before! You can do this using company objectives to communicate your company objectives to your team. The next step is to invest time in setting up goals for your team that they can use for ongoing guidance, team collaboration and (importantly) Staff Squared will provide you, the manager, with progress made against deadline/targets saving you being a constant nag. Our staff report that they can perform to expectation better when they understand the business' objectives and how their work (in the form of goals) contributes to achieving them. They feel more engaged and able to contribute on a more meaningful level.
It's amazing set of tools that helps to mobilise a team in the right direction in an organised and efficient manner.
What business problems are you solving with the product? What benefits have you realized?
- We've saved loads of time managing leave requests and sickness process
- We saved time by allowing staff to manage their own profiles and keep their personal data up to date
- We've not missed an appraisal for almost 2 years!
- Our team is fully aware of the company objectives for this next year and, through the use of goals, they know what's expected of them and how they're contributing to the overall aims of the business