Starfish CONNECT

Starfish CONNECT was designed to promote engagement and remove obstacles between students and their advisors, tutors and instructors. This module includes powerful case management, appointment scheduling, and communication tools to promote engagement and help students stay on track. - See more at: http://www.starfishsolutions.com/home/starfish-enterprise-success-platform/starfish-connect/#sthash.c859Li96.dpuf

Work for Starfish CONNECT?

Learning about Starfish CONNECT?

Starfish CONNECT Reviews

Showing 14 Starfish CONNECT reviews
Starfish CONNECT review by <span>Mehmet Soner C.</span>
Mehmet Soner C.

"Starfish Connect Review"

What do you like best?

The ease Starfish Connect provides for students to make an appointment with their professors and advisors. Seeing the available time slots and days for professors and advisors. Providing the distinction of making an appointment for advising or tutoring is really helpful too.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes professors are late to update their schedules. The system can remind professors to update their appointment date and times when advising sessions are approaching. Technical support can also be better. In certain questions and problems that the users might have, current response rate seems a bit slow.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try. Once you get used to it (which is really easy), you'll make all of your appointments over it.

I am able to solve any sort of connection and getting in touch problems with my professors. It lets me make an appointment easily without interrupting my work. It is also user friendly and easy to use. It allows you to see all the professors related to your courses in one place, which makes it really practical. You can access the contact information for Professor from Starfish Connect too, which is really beneficial.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Starfish CONNECT
Starfish CONNECT review by <span>Janessa H.</span>
Janessa H.

"Starfish - appointments"

What do you like best?

In my role, I use Starfish every day to manage appointments; I find the system easy to use and quick. I also like that I can see all past notes.

What do you dislike?

It sometimes freezes if I open up an appointment. As well, I know students sometimes have a hard time finding an appropriate advisor.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Ultimately, I think having an appointment management system that allows to see notes from all areas of the University is very beneficial. I have worked at institutions where the system has not been as sophisticated, and I think the benefits out weigh the costs.

It provides an easy way to schedule appointments and see notes from all of those appointments to understand the student's situation.

What Online Appointment Scheduling solution do you use?

Starfish CONNECT review by <span>Andrea C.</span>
Andrea C.

"Easy to use and effective in keeping communication open. "

What do you like best?

Starfish allows users to customize their products to fit the needs of their institution.

What do you dislike?

Only Tenant Admins can run reports to analyze the product's usage and effectiveness.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Starfish Connect can be extremely effective and is very easy to use, but be mindful and tactful in your implementation process.

We use Starfish to connect students with resources on campus. It is most predominantly used by our Advising office. I would like to see Starfish utilized by all student services offices on campus, and for the virtual student folder to become the primary source of student information, allowing our faculty and professional advisors to work seamlessly with one another and with students.

Starfish CONNECT review by <span>Stacey S.</span>
Stacey S.

"Great documentation/early alert program!"

What do you like best?

I love that you can use this product to warn students early of their classroom performance! It's a back up way of documentation other than an email directly to the student. The attendance feature is also awesome because you have more options that just present or absent. This program is easy to use for the most part. The setting up of your schedule can be confusing sometimes but can easily be figured out.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that this program is not geared as much toward health sciences, however it does have editing ability to create items that health science programs can use. In the attendance feature, I would like to have an option to denote snow days or school closures/delays. It would make it easier for me to track attendance and make up time. A time calculator tool would also be a great feature for programs who require time based attendance. Along with the tardy button in the attendance, an option to type in how tardy the student was would be beneficial also.

Early alert to students and the ability to document those alerts.

Starfish CONNECT review by User in Higher Education

"In Higher Education"

What do you like best?

Starfish is a great tool to utilize for keeping contact with my students outside the classroom. It gives me prompts throughout the quarter to complete reports based on students work in class. This information is sent to them as well as their advisers.

What do you dislike?

I wish that some comments would be able to be sent between instructor and advisers that would not be available to be read by students. This may be an option, but in the reporting I've done it appears that the information and all comments are also sent to the student.

Keeping in touch with students whether it is praise for accomplishments or flagging students who may need extra support from groups throughout our school system in order to be successful.

Starfish CONNECT review by <span>Jen R.</span>
Jen R.

"Great software so far!"

What do you like best?

I think the ability to connect with other administrators across campus when we are dealing with students to build a more complete picture of how the student is doing.

What do you dislike?

Certain aspects of the software aren't available to us, so features that would be helpful I can't use quite yet. Once they are added, different functions will allow even better communication across campus.

Just a better communication trail between faculty and staff that ultimately helps the student know where they stand in courses and how staff can help students more.

Learning about Starfish CONNECT?

* We monitor all Starfish CONNECT reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.