StatCounter

StatCounter is a free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.

Work for StatCounter?

Learning about StatCounter?

StatCounter Reviews

Showing 44 StatCounter reviews
StatCounter review by <span>J Christian C.</span>
J Christian C.

The best FREE Analytics for your website

Validated Review
What do you like best?

StatCounter provides easy to find and understand stats within a click. I love that I can log in and get right to Recent Visitor Activity and see immediately the information that I need about visitors to the website.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more comprehensive email report feature such as a PDF report, or something comparable to what Google Analytics offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StatCounter is a simple yet powerful addition to whatever analytics tools you're using for the primary purpose of sharing with clients. It's also a good comparison when running simultaneous or side-by-side reports in other analytics systems.

I utilize StatCounter on every website that I launch and it helps clients understand what and who their website traffic is, where they come from and what path's the visitors are taking in their website. The ease of use and understanding make it ideal for clients at any level, in contrast to Google Analytics that take a little more of a learning curve to understand.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about StatCounter
StatCounter review by <span>Time and Eternity .</span>
Time and Eternity .
Validated Review
What do you like best?

This program is simple to use and integrate. It has several features that allow you to adjust the appearances and functions that are used. The integration can be done in under 30 seconds. This quick process allows you to see what pages are being viewed, how long they are being viewed, and what is actually working and attracting people. If you have a video on a page, it allows you to see an average of time on that page so you can tell quickly if the video is actually being fully seen or just pieces of it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see additional functions added that would allow more specific tracking. A feature that would allow marketing from this would be helpful. This would allow us to use this knowledge with better efficiency. The tracker itself does a great job giving data, but help in converting that data to sells or retention would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a great addition to any business. It seamlessly integrates into your website in a matter of seconds and can be hidden if you prefer. It allows you to see how active your website really is.

This program allows me to see what areas of the US and International areas are active on our sites and how we can engage them better. It emails me weekly to let me know where things stand and what I need to work on.

0 of 0 found this helpful.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

StatCounter review by <span>George B.</span>
George B.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

StatCounter works on every platform I've ever used it on and as a great daily exception management reporting tool.

Being able to zero in a particular user and see how that person interacted with the website in nearly real time is invaluable. That feature makes StatCounter more than an analytics package. It can actually inform on campaign or usability issues.

What do you dislike?

The daily reporting is great, but seems to carryover some data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always want two analytics programs on a site. Their data never exactly matches, but the difference should be consistent. And if one platform has a failure, the other is still collecting data.

The reports for client sites and our sites arrive at 1 a.m. local time. That makes it ideal for us to look at first thing in the morning and note any traffic spikes or see other traffic concerns at a glance.

Plus viewing specific visitor paths is one of the great features that help explain the numbers.

StatCounter review by <span>Roberto G.</span>
Roberto G.

Best alternative to Google Analytics

Validated Review
What do you like best?

Powerful but yet simple to use. No need to set up a dashboard to get the info you need to monitor your website.

What do you dislike?

The need to use a plugin for wordpress. I am using already too many plugins in wordpress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a comparison with the effort required to obtain the same report with Google Analytics.

Monitor my social activity. I have been able to easily understand what social profile is sending more visit to my websites. I didn't need to create a dashboard to monitor the relevant metrics for my business. It is immediately clear which pages or post are accessed and the keywords used by the user (when available)

StatCounter review by <span>Phil M.</span>
Phil M.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

gives comprehensive analysis of site traffic

What do you dislike?

at times it seems too comprehensive for my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it free before you increase the log size

I use it more for tracking than analysis. At times it's useful to know if a potential customer has been to my site and what they have looked at. Since I have most of my important pages linked to StatCounter, I can see recent activity by location. While it doesn't identify particular viewers, I can often infer who it was.

Other things like keyword analysis would be more useful if I were into SEO, but I don't use my site to generate loads of business. I use it more as an online portfolio.

StatCounter review by <span>Anna F.</span>
Anna F.
Validated Review
What do you like best?

I like the basic click counter which you get for free. You can make your stats public by using the free dynamic widget. You can even have traffic reports sent to you regularly (daily, weekly, monthly). Other than that the tool is pretty basic. I use it for my hobby blogspot blog. The public statcount works well for attracting advertisers. The free email reports save time and you can always install Google Analytics or Piwik to dig deeper from time to time. I use daily alerts because they allow me to quickly spot a good trend in case any of my blog posts get picked up by social media. The email alerts help to quickly spot traffic boosts to help my content spread even more

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find faults with a free tool that is supposed to be quite basic. It does its job well but for indepth reports you'll need to use additional software

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version makes it easy to test the tool. So give it a try!

Saves time monitoring traffic fluctuations. Public stats counter is what I am using it for but it only works if you have something impressive to show!

Learning about StatCounter?

* We monitor all StatCounter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.