StatCounter

StatCounter is a free yet reliable invisible web tracker, highly configurable hit counter and real-time detailed web stats.

Work for StatCounter?

Learning about StatCounter?

StatCounter Reviews

Ask StatCounter a Question
Showing 51 StatCounter reviews
StatCounter review by Christian C.
Christian C.

"The best FREE Analytics for your website"

What do you like best?

StatCounter provides easy to find and understand stats within a click. I love that I can log in and get right to Recent Visitor Activity and see immediately the information that I need about visitors to the website.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a more comprehensive email report feature such as a PDF report, or something comparable to what Google Analytics offers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StatCounter is a simple yet powerful addition to whatever analytics tools you're using for the primary purpose of sharing with clients. It's also a good comparison when running simultaneous or side-by-side reports in other analytics systems.

I utilize StatCounter on every website that I launch and it helps clients understand what and who their website traffic is, where they come from and what path's the visitors are taking in their website. The ease of use and understanding make it ideal for clients at any level, in contrast to Google Analytics that take a little more of a learning curve to understand.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about StatCounter
StatCounter review by Time and Eternity .
Time and Eternity .

"Excellent program to stay aware of where things are. "

What do you like best?

This program is simple to use and integrate. It has several features that allow you to adjust the appearances and functions that are used. The integration can be done in under 30 seconds. This quick process allows you to see what pages are being viewed, how long they are being viewed, and what is actually working and attracting people. If you have a video on a page, it allows you to see an average of time on that page so you can tell quickly if the video is actually being fully seen or just pieces of it.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see additional functions added that would allow more specific tracking. A feature that would allow marketing from this would be helpful. This would allow us to use this knowledge with better efficiency. The tracker itself does a great job giving data, but help in converting that data to sells or retention would be beneficial.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This program is a great addition to any business. It seamlessly integrates into your website in a matter of seconds and can be hidden if you prefer. It allows you to see how active your website really is.

This program allows me to see what areas of the US and International areas are active on our sites and how we can engage them better. It emails me weekly to let me know where things stand and what I need to work on.

What Digital Analytics solution do you use?

StatCounter review by George B.
George B.

"Easy Analytics & Great Reporting, Says Paying Customer of 10+ Years"

What do you like best?

StatCounter works on every platform I've ever used it on and as a great daily exception management reporting tool.

Being able to zero in a particular user and see how that person interacted with the website in nearly real time is invaluable. That feature makes StatCounter more than an analytics package. It can actually inform on campaign or usability issues.

What do you dislike?

The daily reporting is great, but seems to carryover some data.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I always want two analytics programs on a site. Their data never exactly matches, but the difference should be consistent. And if one platform has a failure, the other is still collecting data.

The reports for client sites and our sites arrive at 1 a.m. local time. That makes it ideal for us to look at first thing in the morning and note any traffic spikes or see other traffic concerns at a glance.

Plus viewing specific visitor paths is one of the great features that help explain the numbers.

StatCounter review by Roberto G.
Roberto G.

"Best alternative to Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

Powerful but yet simple to use. No need to set up a dashboard to get the info you need to monitor your website.

What do you dislike?

The need to use a plugin for wordpress. I am using already too many plugins in wordpress.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make a comparison with the effort required to obtain the same report with Google Analytics.

Monitor my social activity. I have been able to easily understand what social profile is sending more visit to my websites. I didn't need to create a dashboard to monitor the relevant metrics for my business. It is immediately clear which pages or post are accessed and the keywords used by the user (when available)

StatCounter review by Phil M.
Phil M.

"great web tracker for site and it's free!"

What do you like best?

gives comprehensive analysis of site traffic

What do you dislike?

at times it seems too comprehensive for my needs

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it free before you increase the log size

I use it more for tracking than analysis. At times it's useful to know if a potential customer has been to my site and what they have looked at. Since I have most of my important pages linked to StatCounter, I can see recent activity by location. While it doesn't identify particular viewers, I can often infer who it was.

Other things like keyword analysis would be more useful if I were into SEO, but I don't use my site to generate loads of business. I use it more as an online portfolio.

StatCounter review by Anna F.
Anna F.

"Godd basic traffic reports that are emailed to you"

What do you like best?

I like the basic click counter which you get for free. You can make your stats public by using the free dynamic widget. You can even have traffic reports sent to you regularly (daily, weekly, monthly). Other than that the tool is pretty basic. I use it for my hobby blogspot blog. The public statcount works well for attracting advertisers. The free email reports save time and you can always install Google Analytics or Piwik to dig deeper from time to time. I use daily alerts because they allow me to quickly spot a good trend in case any of my blog posts get picked up by social media. The email alerts help to quickly spot traffic boosts to help my content spread even more

What do you dislike?

It's hard to find faults with a free tool that is supposed to be quite basic. It does its job well but for indepth reports you'll need to use additional software

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free version makes it easy to test the tool. So give it a try!

Saves time monitoring traffic fluctuations. Public stats counter is what I am using it for but it only works if you have something impressive to show!

StatCounter review by Hemant M.
Hemant M.

"Free and Excellent web traffic tracker with basic features"

What do you like best?

Easy Panel and options to view reports and URL tracking. It can give location wise reports for visitors. Path information reports of visitors is quite informative. Recently it got updated with new interface which is attractive.

What do you dislike?

Overall its good. Javascript Installation code shows UN-structured for SEO purpose. Also its a basic tracker with just basic features and reports.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are looking for basic visitor tracking for traffic tracking you can go for it.

We have installed for webbased pages to track traffic and visitors. We monitor visitor activities using statcounter.

StatCounter review by Meredith J.
Meredith J.

"Great insight to website stats, without a lot of fuss"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and easy to install. Free service is great! So much easier to use than other analytics options.

What do you dislike?

I wish there were still a way to see Google search terms, but this is a limitation from Google, not StatCounter from my understanding.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The free service of StatCounter is great. There are additional features you can purchase, however you won't lose anything by giving StatCounter a try!

It's important to know what kind of impact you are having with your web work. With StatCounter, I can see how many visits my sites are getting, where the visits are coming from, etc... Analytics taken care of!

StatCounter review by User in Publishing
User in Publishing

"StatCounter is a great free tool "

What do you like best?

It shows you who visited your site, how they got there, and even what city they are from. You can also view paid traffic, hourly visits, entry and exit pages, bounce rate, and keyword analysis. Really, this service offers everything that more expensive stat services offer, and in a user friendly format.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. It's great. I don't really have any problems with this service at all.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool! You can try the free version first to make sure it's what you want, which it will likely be. :)

SEO and tracking who visits a website and how often a website gets visits.

StatCounter review by Marco C.
Marco C.

"Cool and easy. Definitely easier than Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

I've been using Statcounter for years and I'm so happy about it. It's a lot easier than the well-known Google Analytics but it's still powerfull.

What do you dislike?

Too much ads in the free version. It gets a mess.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use more than one analytics solution if you need but keep counting with statcounter!

Keep tracking of web projects stats without G Analytics

StatCounter review by Michael L.
Michael L.

"Questionable Value"

What do you like best?

StatCounter presents analytic information in a fairly intuitive and user friendly manner (easy to quickly skim information and know how things are going on your website).

What do you dislike?

The tool is a bit of a hassle to install on different pages, and generally doesn't seem to offer anything that google analytics lacks.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would definitely evaluate your alternatives (namely google analytics) before selecting StatCounter. I can't help but question its value, and the time it takes to setup initially is a fairly significant obstacle (especially if you are managing a website with numerous pages). At the end of the day, google analytics does pretty much the same thing without the setup time.

I use StatCounter to track information about attendance to a website I manage for my work, including how they find the website, what pages, they visit, their navigation paths, the amount of time spent on different pages, etc.

StatCounter review by Chris B.
Chris B.

"Great for simple visitor tracking"

What do you like best?

StatCounter is easy to use and install on Joomla websites. Just insert a few lines of code on each page of the website.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it sometimes stops working for no apparent reason.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Some people prefer Google Analytics, but quite honestly, that's much more than I need to know about my website visitors. I just like to know which pages they visit, where they come from, and how they found my websites.

Trying to get more clients is tough.

StatCounter review by User in Internet

"A great alternative tool for web analytics"

What do you like best?

As a SEO and SEM analyst, on a daily basis, I have to track websites and provide reports to my clients that paid for that service. The first thing that you might have in mind would be a solution like Google Analytics, which is good, but sometimes you just need to double track or to get more info and cross-compare the results from different platforms. That were StatCounter comes very handy, not only is has most of the features available on Google Analytics but it's also free and you can always upgrade your account for a more complete version. This is great for non technical users, users with basic technical skills regarding web development like myself and for web developers.

What do you dislike?

The user interface could be a little more fresh, it kinda looks like it's a tool from 1998 but in the end it's more important than functionality than the look of the tool.

Besides that, it's a shame that you have to upgrade your account to a paid plan in order to use the StatCounter API which the web developers will always ask you for.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since I'm a basic / medium technical skilled user I would say there's not much to know. If you have worked with CMS platforms or with web tools like Google Analytics in the past then you should be fine. If now, you can always get the help of a web developer.

Since I'm a SEO and SEM analyst, I have to keep track of many websites. I have used this solution combined with a couple more available to track and generate reports for myself and my clients.

It's a big plus the fact that this tool, sometimes and if properly used, can give you additional info than the one you would find by merly using Google Analytics for example.

StatCounter review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"A good alternative for web anayltics"

What do you like best?

First of all, it's not the same you are used to, like the solutions provided by Google,

They have a decent JavaScript support and you can find some stuff for it on GitHub.

In general terms the fact that is another web tracking tool is good, since you can have a combination of StatCounter and maybe Google Analytics and a couple more, just so you can get more relevant data.

What do you dislike?

The web solution seems to be kinda abandoned, it has been the same for years literally, and the support section, still has integrations with platforms that in my opinion nobody uses.

It can be good for the people that still uses the platforms listed on the install guides section but they are missing newer cms platforms.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Using this tool does not require much technical knowledge, if you know how to add a javascript block to an html page you should be fine.

Don't expect much from them, it's just a tracking tool, that's what they promise, that's what it does.

If you want real time tracking and experiments better choose a Google solution.

Every website should have some basic traffic tracking in order to allow you to take decisions, so I have been using a combination between Google Analytics, Quantcast and StatCounter to get as much data as possible.

StatCounter review by lavanya s.
lavanya s.

"accurate page views and analytics"

What do you like best?

StatCounter picks up on visitors even if the JavaScript is turned off. Another decent feature is that it sometimes shows the IP address of the visitor which can come in handy.

What do you dislike?

Free option on Statcounter is limited as compared to its major competitor, google analytics, which is completely free. The free version also has a cap on no. of visitors shown.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try it if you dont have the any other options available

Analyzing data on my blog and keeping track. having a count of no. of visitors gives me a pretty clear picture of the status of my blog.

StatCounter review by User

"easily understand your visitors and make better decisions about your website."

What do you like best?

Track customer activity in real time.

Measure and increase return on investment.

Optimise design and content for audience.

Identify new markets.

Measure conversion, engagement, and content sharing.

Compare marketing campaigns.

What do you dislike?

the graphics are very simple to the naked eye

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get the best out of this application as it serve to increase visits to your web pages and increase the popularity of the website

go to measure the popularity of our blogs, that is, they control how many visits we have, how many page views, where the visitors come from, with this data we can have an idea of ​​what our common reader likes, and in this way focus better our posts They will like more and thus we will get more visits

"Good Statistics Counter"

What do you like best?

StatCounter helps me keep track of my website visitors in a easy manner. Nice reporting as well.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if they had a "who's on now" feature. It would be nice to see how many visitors are on the site at any given time.

StatCounter lets me see page views, unique hits and returning visitors in a graphical format. Good for seeing if my website usage is going up or down.

StatCounter review by Emrah A.
Emrah A.

"We Can Get Faster Website Reports and Insights"

What do you like best?

StatCounter is a website counter service which is free. We use a long time. You can reach detailed user statistics who visit your website. This statistics include web browser, age, gender, location, duration etc. But you can not get keywords because Google's SSL search (https) method doesn't give user keyword information to any service (and other search engines which one use SSL). I think it's reports useful than Google analytics

What do you dislike?

Free version of Statcounter show only last 100 visitor. If your website hasn't got a lot of visitor it is enough.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exactly! Ease of install and get faster website statistics.

We can track our micro websites with Statcounter.

StatCounter review by Randy D.
Randy D.

"Worthwhile Tools "

What do you like best?

We love Statcounter and have used it for years to track keywords, browsers, search engines, and even system stats like display.

The integration with Analytics has helped a lot since keywords are almost always hidden these days.

What do you dislike?

It doesn't draw any conclusions for you but rather just gives you the data to work with. Not a lot of graphics.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Statcounter is a worthwhile tool but you still need Google Analytics as do other SEO programs.

We can see where our traffic trends and where it comes from. We use it to identify what browsers our users are currently using over the years.

StatCounter review by Islam E.
Islam E.

"StatCounter is amazing for insights!"

What do you like best?

I love how easy it is to navigate the software of StatCounter. The layour of the software is also very intrigueing and I love it!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes it does not produce insights immediately but nevertheless, the software is still great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would highly recommend using StatCounter because it makes getting insights so simple and feasible

The StatCounter software allows our company access to many statistics that allows us to fix daily business problems

StatCounter review by Kelly B.
Kelly B.

"The Easiest Traffic Tracker"

What do you like best?

I really love how simple it is to use. You can see referrals and exits so you understand what your audience is doing.

What do you dislike?

Not much to be honest. I wish they had more levels for membership.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would do the free trial as you will immediately see how easy it is to read the site analytics compared to GA

I wanted to see what were my post popular posts and learn how to drive traffic to more posts onsite.

StatCounter review by Administrator

"Simple and does what I needed to"

What do you like best?

Easy to see at a glance what my traffic is doing. I like that I can easily click on an individual visitor and see the path that a visitor took, what they clicked on and how long they spent on each page.

What do you dislike?

I'm only using the free version, so I don't like that the data storage is capped. I like that I can easily tell which hits are coming from bots and that spam hits are NOT shown, diluting the data like they are on google analytics.

Important to track traffic and observe which marketing campaigns are most effective.

StatCounter review by Kimberly L.
Kimberly L.

"Count your website visitors"

What do you like best?

easy to apply to all websites -html or wp - and you can verify that you installed the code correctly

What do you dislike?

free reporting should be increased - if you have any viable amount of traffic - you quickly max out

Recommendations to others considering the product

StatCounter can be visible or invisible on your website and you can choose what type of reporting you would like and how often. It has some nice flexibility

a google free tracker - just one more great tool in the toolbox

StatCounter review by User

"Statcounter - easy to use"

What do you like best?

It is very easy to use, as long as you can access your websites code and use your copy and paste function! Very helpful for quickly and easily counting stats and views on my personal and business websites.

What do you dislike?

It does what it says it does, so that is great, and it is easy to use. However sometimes it has trouble accessing my site searches and so it is unable to give me information about my users searches across my site.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get someone to teach you how to use every aspect of it.

Ease of use is fantastic.

StatCounter review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"StatCounter is a must-have for business analytics "

What do you like best?

Weekly reports are great because they give you a bird’s eye snapshot of your week. The website and app even allow you to see which pages visitors clicked on.

What do you dislike?

So far, I haven’t found anything about StatCounter that I’m not satisfied with.

Being able to see who is visiting my site in real time is great because it allows me to time marketing posts with more insigot.

StatCounter review by User in Internet

"Understanding your website traffic made easy"

What do you like best?

With StatCounter it has become very easy to keep track of your website traffic. We easily monitor daily hits to our site - understand the demographics of these users, like what's the customers age, where he is coming from, how long did he spend on the site etc. Best part is you can even monitor is this behavior has changed over time.

As a company, we create automated dashboards which give us an overall picture at a day to day level. We can even assign permission to various employees to access particular reports.

What do you dislike?

Its sometimes though for a non-numbers guy to use the tool easily. Also, if they give more features to the free version - it is welcome.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you recently launched your start up and not able to understand traffic attributes of your website - StatCounter is the software to go for.

One major problem we had was to understand where the users are moving after they exit from our site. With StatCounter, for those users who exit our site immediately - we came to know which sites the users are going to, and could figure out the lacking on our site and fill that gap quickly. This particular feature has given ample inputs to our product team so they can satisfy the customers better.

StatCounter review by Chad W.
Chad W.

"One of the best free stat trackers"

What do you like best?

For a free tool, StatCounter is one of the most well known simple site trackers. Very easy to set up and use. Great to have an independent source aside from Google Analytics to give you stats on Keyword Analysis, entry and exit pages, search engine stats, referral info and details about your visitor. Also, their 'Visitor Paths' feature is very useful to see where users travel on your website pages.

I really like the configurable summary stats. Great to get an overview of your site performance.

What do you dislike?

No real-time stat dashboard like Google Analytics has, but it isn't a deal breaker. For a free service, StatCounter is very feature rich and provides you what you need without the bloat like other stat services. It doesn't offer HTTPS secure tracking for free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a free service, it is worth checking out

Tracking stats is fairly straight forward, you see if your site is growing in visitors or not. However, StatCounter's 'visitor paths' feature allows you to take your stats further into actionable steps to improve my website. I was able to look at the visitor paths and see where potential customers were getting stuck in the sales process and make improvements to those web pages.

StatCounter review by Thiago P.
Thiago P.

"Statcounter is a nice solution as an alternative for Google Analytics"

What do you like best?

The ability to capture every single action the users are taking in my websites. It is really important to me to identify where the user is coming from and what kind of device they are using when they are accessing my website. StatCounter is perfect for that.

What do you dislike?

Even though it is pretty good, it is not 100% free.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You should definitely give it a try if you need an alternative to Google Analytics.

It helps me identifying the keywords that brought visitors to my site. Also, it helps to find out the inbound links (backlinks) that drove traffic to the website.

As I mentioned above, it helps me identify where the user is coming from and the type of device used to navigate the website.

Basically it does pretty much everything that GA does and it is not affected if Javascript is turned off on the visitors computer.

StatCounter review by David W.
David W.

"Great to track customers"

What do you like best?

That I can see where my clients are coming from and what pages they are viewing.

What do you dislike?

I can't see the source something, I wish it tracked better.

Spending money to the right advertising sites. Finding the right sites and getting a return in ROI

StatCounter review by Daniel M.
Daniel M.

"Long-Standing, Rock Solid, Simple, Affordable Web Stats for Your Analytics Mix"

What do you like best?

StatCounter is easy to use, reliable and accurate. It also maintains your statistics for many, many years compared to other web services that restrict how far you can go back.

What do you dislike?

I can't think of any weaknesses to Statcounter.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Google Analytics as well as internal server statistics (can't recall the internal app name). StatCounter definitely has the ease of use and simplicity factors on its side. That being said, I still recommend using a combination of StatCounter plus another external (such as GA) and internal server stats. I believe in redundancy.

I have used StatCounter for my personal hobby web properties for what seems close to a decade now as well as a primary/backup statistics source for a number of million+ hit websites that I personally designed and managed for my previous employer. We used it primarily in the Marketing department but used the reports to inform various departments and key individuals of course.

StatCounter review by Matt A.
Matt A.

"Statcounter is great for providing insights I can't find elsewhere"

What do you like best?

The Paid Traffic report is great for quickly identifying click fraud. I also like the easy to use Download activity reports. Overall Statcounter is great for everyday monitoring of sites. It provides a lot of small things that simply cannot be found in Google Analytics.

They also seem to provide more keyword information that almost any other software I have used.

IP address labels have proven to be very helpful in filtering out information I find unnecessary.

Overall I highly recommend this software to anyone who wants to track all website activities on a daily or weekly basis. The email reporting can also be very handy and everything is extremely customizable on the backend.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the price to log space given. If you have sites with a lot of traffic it can fill up your log very quickly and drive up the cost of using the product beyond what you might find useful.

I wish the visitor paths were laid out in an easier to read fashion. It can be a little difficult to follow at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Easy to downgrade or upgrade logs as needed.

Work at an Agency handling multiple clients. Use statcounter to track click fraud and view Coming from reports.

StatCounter review by Administrator

"I have been using since 2009"

What do you like best?

Easy, accurate and up tp date to the minute.

What do you dislike?

Nothing. This is a very straight forward you get what you see.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Exactly what you are looking for if it is for simple tracking of traffic. Simple, user friendly and with information tracking tools that expand your reach of knowledge.

Not a problem, but as an analysis tool I find it fantastic that I can track not only the traffic but to know specifically where they come from and where are they coming in to.

StatCounter review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Hidden Gem in Website Visitor Data"

What do you like best?

I love Statcounter! I've had it for years and it's the only company I use for website visitor data. They allow you to easily integrate with a wordpress site. I also love that my Statcounter can be invisible.

What do you dislike?

Sometimes o cannot find where the codes are that I need in order to finish my wordpress integration (when using the plugin).

I use this in order to track visitor information.

StatCounter review by Mark M.
Mark M.

"Try It, You’ll Like It"

What do you like best?

The ability to gauge the geographical location of visitors helps to prioritize marketing efforts.

What do you dislike?

Statistics are not weighted so they are good for macro numbers but not micro numbers.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Well documented and user friendly.

Visitor counts and preferences.

StatCounter review by User in Retail
User in Retail

"Actionable analytics at affordable investment"

What do you like best?

Ability to track basic stats like traffic, engagement and pathing of website visitors. It is easy to implement on a website, with minimum knowledge of HTML coding. After implementation, software doesn't impact page loading time negatively. A beginner with minimal experience in web analytics, can use this tool to do customer behavior analysis.

What do you dislike?

Not robust enough to do advanced analytics like correlation, funnel analysis and segmentation. Appears to be more of a log based solution historically and less of a typical javascript based tracking. So, difficult to trust data accuracy fully. Support and documentation are basic and not perfect to answer complex web analytics scenarios. Integration with other API based solutions is not easy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use this tool to track basic web analytics metrics like website hits, pathing and time spent. For advanced analytics such as segmentation, big data analysis and correlation, please consider using enterprise tools from Adobe and Google.

Used it to improve site stickiness by measure high bounce rate pages. Helped to improve online customer experience by analyzing where customers are entering and where they are exiting. Assisted in understanding impact of marketing campaigns on key landing page traffic. Until advanced analytics was implemented, using this tool allowed optimizations of site content with high ROI. Allowed flexibility in implementing basic analytics on new web pages, with low effort and high impact on business.

StatCounter review by Maria L.
Maria L.

"Statistics analyst "

What do you like best?

How organized the results are which makes it easy to interpret

What do you dislike?

It just takes some time and practice to get used to it

It just makes everything more understanding

StatCounter review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Simply and effective traffic counter for your site"

What do you like best?

The simple use of integrating the statcounter code into your website interface code without any problems. Quick and intuitive to use and analyze.

What do you dislike?

After not updating my account for 1 year, my account was closed. This was a bit inconveniencing but no concerns over the functionality of the site.

Which pages were visited the most on my website and which pages were visited the least. Which pages visitors spent time on the most etc..

StatCounter review by Wayne S.
Wayne S.

"Does the job"

What do you like best?

Simple to install (using in Wordpress). Provides nice graphical interface along with other information on a wide array of stats.

What do you dislike?

Not much, does the job. I have very simple stat needs

Marketing for my business. It just tells me how many people are coming to the web site and where.

StatCounter review by Janeth W.
Janeth W.

"Great way to track traffic on your site!"

What do you like best?

Statcounter is super easy to navigate and gives a lot of information regarding traffic to and from your site.

What do you dislike?

Can't think of anything I dislike about Statcounter. I've been using it for about 5 years and find it extremely useful.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it you will definitely see the benefits of using Statcounter for your website to track traffic.

Using Statcounter helps us see where people are coming from, how long they are staying on our site and what pages they viewed and stayed on the longest. This has ultimately helped us improve on areas of our site that are less popular.

StatCounter review by Thomas N.
Thomas N.

"Exceptional and simple StatCounter helps my marketing efforts."

What do you like best?

I like the layout, it is easy to read and I can determine the search behavior of our visitors. This makes it simple to share with our sales force because StatCounter identifies time spent on certain pages and allows us to follow up with that organization in a variety of ways.

What do you dislike?

I have not used other solutions to compare; therefore, I'm at a disadvantage to best benchmark this solution with others.

We are solving the sales follow up by sending post cards to visitors days and weeks after their search in hopes of generating continued activity.

StatCounter review by User in Mental Health Care
User in Mental Health Care

"Easy to use."

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use and that it provides codes for nearly every site you want to use it with. It's convenient to use and doesn't have a complicated sign up process either.

What do you dislike?

That there is a cap limit to how many visits can be tracked. It is inconvenient to have to clear out my list of visits after it hits one hundred hits.

It provides an easy resource for tracking visits.

StatCounter review by Jagadeesh M.
Jagadeesh M.

"Better web stat tool amoung the crowd"

What do you like best?

I've been using Statcounter from it's earlier days in fact even before Google Analytics (formerly Urchin). The tool is one of my favorite when it comes to IP based clicks tracking and as well the graphs are really cool for easy understanding.

What do you dislike?

Statcounter navigations can be segmented in much more easy format. Also the results page design can be removed.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can give a try with the Statcounter web tool. It is an addon tool.

Click fraud for paid clicks and benefits with visitors path & length.

"Great Product"

What do you like best?

Great dashboard and tool to see incoming visitors, as well as where they go when leaving.

What do you dislike?

Dislike having to pay for upgraded features

I wanted to see incoming traffic and bounce rate. I changed up the homescreen and made it easily seen and navigate. Bounce rate decreased by 50% in a 2 week period.

StatCounter review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Great analytics for free"

What do you like best?

It provides detailed analytics for last 500 users

What do you dislike?

Not not include the search keywords from search engines

Analytics

StatCounter review by Emily N. R.
Emily N. R.

"Once you find the right app settings, StatCounter rocks."

What do you like best?

The real time updates makes decision making easy. Very friendly for business on-the-go

What do you dislike?

Trouble with the calendar loading, and logging in.

What visitors are we missing? We have learned more about our IE browsing customers *shudder*

StatCounter review by User in Entertainment
User in Entertainment

"We love using this product"

What do you like best?

We can keep track of our customers and where they come from. We like thats we can keep track of our customers and where we could improve on.

What do you dislike?

We have no issues with this company, we love it and use in everyday.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We would recommend to everyone! This is amazing and can keep track of all customers. We use this to improve our company.

We know the demographic of who is viewing us.

StatCounter review by User in Religious Institutions
User in Religious Institutions

"Good Starting Point"

What do you like best?

Very informational in information provided.

What do you dislike?

The log cap before it starts charging you.

Finding out where people click and what is popular.

StatCounter review by User in Public Relations and Communications
User in Public Relations and Communications

"Good complement to other analytics tools"

What do you like best?

It's easy to install and easy to track, especially for low- to mid-traffic websites.

What do you dislike?

It's interface isn't as clean as other analytics tools (e.g. GA, Adobe).

Recommendations to others considering the product

For larger websites, StatCounter might not be the best option for you, unless you're using it in conjunction with another analytics tool. If you have a small website or another primary tool, it's definitely worth a look, especially if you don't need to track many things. (The price can add up.)

I've used StatCounter on personal and professional as a redundant analytics tool - it's one that tracks regular stats (e.g. visits), but perhaps not to the level as other tools on the market.

StatCounter review by User in Education Management
User in Education Management

"Stat Counter Review"

What do you like best?

I love that StatCounter gives me the analytics I need every month to make strategic decisions for my blog.

What do you dislike?

Nothing - I love everything about StatCounter.

Helps me know what types of content my readers are enjoying. Allows me to make strategic decisions like post frequency, type and medium of sharing.

StatCounter review by User in Higher Education

"Stat counter review"

What do you like best?

Relatively easy to install, counts various statistics on my way page.

What do you dislike?

Not very intuitive, you just cut and paste some code, bit clear why it works.

Checking visitors for my homepage.

"Statcounter"

What do you like best?

It shows every visit to your url and the duration of it.

What do you dislike?

It doesnt always tell you exactly who is on it.

harassment--it's really helped to narrow it down.

Learning about StatCounter?

* We monitor all StatCounter reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.