Station

4.7
(24 reviews)

Station is a desktop application for all of the web applications you use at work. It offers a consistent and coherent workspace for all your work applications with a smart dock organizing all of your applications and pages, a quick switch allowing to access applications and documents at the speed of light, a notification center helping you to stay up to date while keeping your focus.

Work for Station?

Learning about Station?

Station Reviews

Ask Station a Question
Showing 25 Station reviews
Station review by Corey D.
Corey D.

""One app to rule them all" is not an overstatement."

What do you like best?

Where do I even begin? I have multiple emails, multiple Slack channels, a Skype account, online accounting, linkedin, dropbox, calendar, google drive... and so many more ALL in one place in an easily clickable app workspace. I don't have to have all of these apps open at the same time, and I get desktop notifications for each one in real time!

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I dislike about my Station is that when a single app updates it sometimes causes some bugginess with the Station App. This has only happened a few times though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

One of the greatest app downloads in my last year of freelancing. Great notifications, "focus mode" when you need it, and above all, ALL of my most highly utilized apps and functions all in one single app. It does use quite a lot of CPU power, so I tend to keep it open only when necessary on my laptop, but on my home workstation it is ALWAYS open. Absolutely one of my favorite things ever. They are also open to new integrations if you have other apps that you frequently use. Just submit a request for your app! Love it.

I'm saving bandwidth on my CPU by not having all of these collaboration apps open at once. No app-switching, no tab-switching, just everything right where I need it. Also has a "focus" mode for ALL of my apps and notifications, which keeps me heads-down busy when I need to be.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Station
Station review by Tim W.
Tim W.

"Competition is starting. Station is still by far the best."

What do you like best?

Compared to the competitors starting to spring up, Station has the smoothest UI. I only have two apps open on my machine now; Chrome in order to google to the occasional thing and watch YouTube, and then Station to do EVERYTHING else I need to throughout my day.

What do you dislike?

I wish there was a way to create a meta-process which leverage the smart search technology to automatically move me between integrated apps / specific pages within those apps in order to create a seamless flow for routine processes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Put all communication there first, and then start to explore the other apps more focused on productivity and such. Putting all your messages in one spot is such a nice experience.

I am using Station as a clean way to tie together all of the various communication channels and content creation channels I use every day without the clutter and haphazardness of traditional tabs.

What Other Office solution do you use?

Station review by Sanjana H.
Sanjana H.

"Extremely promising new product/platform"

What do you like best?

The fact that the main apps and services I use for work is in a single window. Each app is persistent, allowing unified notifications from a single window as opposed to multiple notifications across various apps. The UI and UX are also very nice, even for what is at the time of this review a rather embryonic product.

What do you dislike?

Though much is promised, haven't really seen too much of intelligence in the grouping of apps and services. Like that you can customise each app's location, but better grouping can help in locating more easily what's needed very quickly. The fact that some apps go to sleep I can understand in light of concerns around battery drain, but would like an option for user to control. Apps like Instagram, the content within which is so obviously and necessarily updated all the time, should rely on a manual refresh by user to present the latest content. The overlay tile when app is select gets in the way of appreciating sometimes what in the window - could be made more translucent, perhaps.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Depends on personal preference, workflow. Since native apps can sometimes offer more benefits by way of features, may not be the case that Station can adequately replace them. But for anyone who wants a single window based access to apps and services they use the most, Station is worth a try. Note that I run macOS, and cannot speak to the experience of installing or using Station on Windows.

There is no problem as such that Station addresses - many if not all of the apps for the platform already have native macOS or Windows apps. What's neat about this solution is that it allows for all these disparate apps to live under a unified window. In some cases, the benefits of a native app are lost when dealing with a web based app. But for the select of apps I use and value, that's not really an issue, and Station offers a boost in productivity due to the fact that I don't have to monitor nine or more separate browser tabs or apps. I just have to go to one window.

Station review by Kenny R.
Kenny R.

"All-encompassing Work Experience"

What do you like best?

It is excellent to have access to all of the services and tools I use on a daily basis all in one place. The ability to quick-change and search compounds the ease of use and this is all without skipping a beat. I use this as my remote setup when not in the office - makes the work-from-home experience very easy to manage.

What do you dislike?

My only gripe is that I'd like to have the ability to switch "Stations" - multiple instances of the app for different workspaces/teams. This may be something I can check out and setup myself though.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It may seem silly to give up the native apps, but having access to all of the tools at a snap is too good to pass up.

I have quicker access to tools that I regularly use, and having the snap access is creating an improved workflow for myself and my team.

Station review by Zach W.
Zach W.

"Station is a habbit breaking game changer!"

What do you like best?

In addition to loving the overall design and UX of station, I really like how it aggregates all my common business applications and sites into one "window". Its funny how habitual we are and I continue to find myself wanting to switch between windows, programs, and many windows. And station has totally changed how I operate, for the better.

What do you dislike?

I would like to see similar icons for the same application (such as multiple slack accounts and multiple Gmail accounts) be a bit better labeled / differentiated so that I can easily switch between them. Otherwise, that's about it!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Absolutely worth giving a try. One important note: give yourself at least a couple weeks with the product so you can break some old bad habits. You just forget how used we are to the old way that you need to at least allow yourself to adjust before deciding if it is for you!

I am solving getting lost in various applications and sites into much more focused work. I have noticed it helps keep me focused on the task at hand so much more. We all feel distracted and overwhelmed from information overload and Station really helps cut through the clutter.

Station review by Conrad B.
Conrad B.

"Station is Fantastic"

What do you like best?

Station makes it incredibly easy and fluid to use my web apps. It makes accessing and switching between them really easy. I love the ability to create additional pages for a particular app and open links in new pages. It keeps all of my work very organized.

What do you dislike?

The only real complaint I have is that I experience small bugs pretty regularly. None of them have been deal breakers by any means, but they are annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I think Station is well worth your consideration. It's a beautiful and powerful piece of software.

Station gives me a consolidated place to access all of the applications I use throughout the day. I love being able to open up Station and having that one place to go for all of the tools I need. It allows me to be more productive and more organized.

Station review by Pen L.
Pen L.

"Station really is that good"

What do you like best?

Station finally allows us to dock all our platform apps in one place. No more endless open tabs, mixed in with all the usual work tasks we're doing. It tidies away our personal communications, team work apps like Trello or syndicated content updates (like Feedly, for example), into a tidy set of options, docked in one icon. It really makes a huge difference for anyone who wants a more organised desktop. I can't recommend it enough.

What do you dislike?

A couple of teething issues, like rollover options that need a little work, or some app page updating that needs a little help now and again, but these are small inconveniences in the bigger picture of managing our platform SaaS lives. Station is the future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

For either individuals or for company implementation, Station is very useful. I highly recommend.

For me as an academic researcher, it means my main browsers are now dedicated to in depth research on a variety of sites and pages. Im not using up browser tab space on my own personal communication and information feeds. I can communicate privately with ease to others Im working with, and rely on tidy fast access whenever I need it.

Station review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Very useful as it is and with a lot of potential still to be delivered"

What do you like best?

1) Variety of "integrations": in my case, I've not missed any app/service integration. Everything I use in my work/personal workflows is available in Station

2) Performance: it's really notable how memory usage varies significantly between, for instance, Chrome with a bunch of tabs and Station. I still need to validate in "worst-case scenarios" in Station where I'd have several tabs for several apps (e.g. Google docs), but so far it's been better on Station

3) Ease of use: adding apps is really a straightforward process. Removing them not so much but it's still a fairly simple process. I've not played much with more than 2 accounts for the same app so need to check that too

What do you dislike?

- Not exactly dislike, but multiple account managing could be easier, as so could be some admin stuff, like resetting Station to a fresh install (the current process is really easy, but maybe not for all types of users).

- One minor annoyance is that with Okta, I get a: "Important: 5 of your apps require the Okta browser plugin" message and cannot really do anything about it as trying to install the plugin does nothing.

- Another very minor thing has to do with maximizing the Station window using the Option key (Mac); it always makes it full-screen, as opposed to expanding to fit within the screen real state

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try Franz, it's what I used before Station, and compare it to Station. Find ways to measure the performance of each but also the performance of your computer when NOT using either app. See how each "feels" in your workflow (personal and work-related)

1) Navigation: too many tabs, too many apps, too many desktops, apps to manage the arrangement of windows...

2) Performance: memory usage, above all

3) Consolidated Workflow (Work & Personal): especially with email, chat/video call apps

Station review by Eric M.
Eric M.

"Time saver and organized workflow for online apps"

What do you like best?

The fact that all of my important apps are in one place. The UI is very organized and easy to navigate through. Can't get any simpler.

What do you dislike?

Not all of the apps I need are currently available, although many apps are constantly being added. I asked via email if they were going to add a specific app called Redbooth.com and they responded saying that it's coming in the next release. Really excited to be 100% working from Station instead of having everything in "ugly" tabs on my web browser. C'mon! UX/UI is really important! ;)

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend browsing through the available apps that Station has to offer. After browsing through, I realized that there are many apps that I didn't know i needed for doing my job as a digital strategist in a marketing/design company.

Ease of use and being organized. Station definitely allows its users to get organized in one place.

Station review by Isuri J.
Isuri J.

"My go to app"

What do you like best?

It is exactly what it says, one app to rule them all! Most of the apps we use at work are Google apps and this just makes it easier to have them all opened in one very simple platform. It also integrates with a lot more apps that your company works with. So it is all in one place and keeps it all very organised (no more thousand tabs opened!).

It takes a bit to get use to and to break habits but once you've got the hang of it, you will never want to use anything else!

What do you dislike?

It is still a work in progress so you will occasionally come across bugs. But the team is EXTREMELY reactive to this and it is generally fixed in a couple of days.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take time to play around with it and personalised to the way you want it. Everyone will use it differently and that's the beauty of Station.

And force yourself to use it for a week or so until you are use to it and it'll be your go-to tool.

Makes everyone more efficient. Just keeps it all organised. I can have access to my documents at all times in a very easy way.

Station review by Perry T.
Perry T.

"The one app to host them all"

What do you like best?

All in one place, manages my main app interactions. The left hand margin means it's easy to navigate between apps.

Alerts in one place too keeps me on top of my chosen multiple apps way of working.

What do you dislike?

When I move within (say) LinkedIn I sometimes lose the place I started from (like a search) so have to search again - no back button type of browser function.

Skype and Skype direct messages aren't supported but there may be a good reason for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you used to have a hundred Chrome Tabs open then this is the app for you. It's integrated everything I need and more.

More platforms than anyone could need, it's an impressive API for all modern digitally savvy professionals.

Working across apps for contact; work assignment; tracking; replying and even using things like Zoom, WeTransfer and CamScanner makes this so seamless.

I use a lot of different apps so whether it's Google Drive, Slack, Messenger What's App or GMail, there's one place where my alerts come in; one thing to close if I'm using my MacBook for presentations and one place to be fixed using my browser for browsing and Station for my work. Brilliant for running your desktop like an ecosystem not a RAM and power hungry series of tabs.

Station review by James M.
James M.

"Focus and organization all in one tool"

What do you like best?

Really easy to use and manage different apps that I use. It also makes it easier to avoid losing tabs when closing my browser. Ultimately the best part is being able to close Station at the end of every day and disconnect from work and then jump right back into work the next morning when I open Station again.

What do you dislike?

There are some apps that are harder to use. Google Drive normally works best with tabs but I haven't figured out how to have multiple Drive tabs open. Basically any application where you might have duplicate tabs open are better to use in a normal web browser

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're really looking for a tool to make your work day more focused then there's nothing better than Station. It's a really great way of making sure that when you need to work you can focus on work and there's no need to manage all of your browser tabs.

Increasing focus and organization have been easy with Station. Now I don't have to worry about getting lost down a click hole when I open a new tab. I basically don't have an excuse to browse the web because most of what I need to work is in Station.

Station review by Lev K.
Lev K.

"All things work in one place!"

What do you like best?

- Everything in one place & easy to find

- Nice features built-in e.g. integrated Google Docs search

- Quick switching between apps

- Keyboard shortcuts

What do you dislike?

- The app is a lit bit slow

- It uses a lot of CPU when not restarted for a while, but seems to be improving by the day

- I wish there was a 'close all active pages' feature, as it's painful to do this manually

- When switching between different machines, you can't have all your Station setup automatically work everywhere - need to add the apps again

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it!

It makes me more efficient every day - I don't have to re-open tabs all the time and I spend less time looking for stuff.

Station review by Bastien J.
Bastien J.

"I simply cannot work without Station anymore"

What do you like best?

My Chrome doesn't have numerous tabs opened as it used to before I knew Station.

I can easily manage all my apps and their different instances.

What do you dislike?

Some integrations are not at their best: I use github connexion through trello, and one action doesn't work: when I need to link a card to a pull request for instance.

Recommendations to others considering the product

DO NOT HESITATE!

You will increase your productivity while reducing the RAM eaten by Chrome.

My RAM is not saturated anymore, my workflow is greatly improved

Station review by Laure A.
Laure A.

"Station's where I spend my work days in "

What do you like best?

I love that I don't have to worry about signing into my various SaaS apps or having to open them on Chrome—they're just all in my Station!

What do you dislike?

I wish there were a back and forth option and an easier way to open another window but I know the team's already on this 💪

Productivity and less back and forth/getting lost in my browser tabs.

Station review by User in Internet

"Canary Station user"

What do you like best?

Very intuitive - a workstation for SaaS,. I can’t imagine working withoit that envoronment - although collaboration features could be even more advanced

What do you dislike?

Link clicks opens browser. Notifications could be improved. Browsing one app to the other even simplified?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to deploy - Easy to use and more and more collaboration features (I'm beta tester) that really change SaaS dynamics useage in teams

Global productivity is obvious. I am furthermore monitoring in our team who uses what SaaS with a clear level of engagement. Helps me manage the SaaS stack

Station review by Barnaby A.
Barnaby A.

"Brilliant much needed software"

What do you like best?

Number of software integrations is amazing

What do you dislike?

Does not include all apps, but nearly all

Recommendations to others considering the product

Check this out, you'll be blown away!

Being able to work efficiently is solved - this app is remarkable

Station review by Anton P.
Anton P.

"Great functionality but heavy RAM usage"

What do you like best?

Marketplace of web-apps is great. Airy design looks beautiful

What do you dislike?

Very huge RAM usage per every app added. Automatic hibernation function is useful but causes reloads for apps at the awkward moments

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you can deal with resource demands of electron based desktop apps than Station is one of the best out there

I'm using it for one-stop-shop app for business gmail/calendar/gdrive accounts

Station review by David H.
David H.

"Great tool. A must for declutering "

What do you like best?

Having all my social and cloud apps and services together. It saves me a lot of time

What do you dislike?

Maybe that I don't have all the apps and extensions that I use, but they are continuously adding new ones (and I can make suggestions)

I use it only for particular proposes

Station review by Suvran R.
Suvran R.

"Get station is a beast and free too"

What do you like best?

Multiple gmail / gsuite ac management. Superb fast hangout chat communication is the best part. User base is growing too.

What do you dislike?

Although it covers all the major integration but misses out on skype, whatsapp. Although expect them to cover these as well.

Recommendations to others considering the product

recommended

Time management with docs.

Station review by User in Internet

"a huge time saver"

What do you like best?

The app brings structures and overall management of to my apps.

What do you dislike?

The app store can have even more apps that it has now.

It saves time and keeps away chaos.

"Good Idea"

What do you like best?

I like having one login for all my SaaS apps.

What do you dislike?

Its not the best way of doing this yet and I dont like having to use a google log in

Lots of browser tabs.

Saves on CPU

"Super helpful"

What do you like best?

Time saved switching between apps is amazing, plus having notifications in one place is very helpful.

What do you dislike?

Can on occasion slow down the computer.

Managing multiple apps and avoiding having multiple tabs open, therefore keeping you more focused.

Station review by Consultant in Real Estate
Consultant in Real Estate

"Great Program"

What do you like best?

I can check all my emails and can also go directly to my Google Drive without using Chrome

What do you dislike?

I have nothing to complain so far, it's easy to use

Makes online work easy

"One to rule them all "

What do you like best?

It’s easy to use and iimproves your workflow

What do you dislike?

The push notifications are sometimes not showing correctly

Everything is at one Place and I don‘t need an App for everything

Learning about Station?

* We monitor all Station reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Station