StepShot

StepShot is a desktop tool for step-by-step creation of technical documentation, user guides, training materials and clear instructions for customers. It automatically captures the sequence of your steps by following your cursor and produces screenshots on every click.

Work for StepShot?

Showing 5 StepShot reviews
StepShot review by <span>Jeffry T.</span>
Jeffry T.

A Guidemaker With Rooms to Grow

What do you like best?

StepShot takes the hassle out of creating a step by step guides using screenshots by automating the screen capturing process. The traditional ways of doing things are preparing to take a step, prepare the screen capture application, capture the screen, edit the image, save the image, rinse and repeat for the next step. But StepShot will automatically turn every click of the mouse into a screenshot. It means that users can go through any process that they need to share without having to go back and forth between the apps. And at the end of the process, a set of screenshots is ready.

What do you dislike?

The user interface, at least on Mac, can use an upgrade to a more modern look. The image editing tools can also be improved with more options to fit different personal aesthetics. Some users might want to be able to choose the type of arrow that they can use, while others might want to get rid of - or adjust - the shadow that automatically appears under every element.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you create tons of step by step guides, you won't go wrong with Stepshot.

The app cuts the time and effort needed to prepare step by step guides. It takes some getting used to at first but when you get the hang of it, StepShot can be a lifesafer.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about StepShot
StepShot review by <span>Irina G.</span>
Irina G.

I like this software so much

What do you like best?

I do enjoy the possibility to export my guides in different formats (like DOC, PDF, single pictures, etc.). Also, I like the possibility to export a final version of a document directly to WordPress. And I can't help saying that I admired by tools for operations with pictures (like blur and sequence).

What do you dislike?

At first, this software seemed to be very heavy to my computer, but then I noted too many opened tabs of my browser. So when I closed them all things with StepShot was absolutely OK.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I recommend this software for different kind of businesses.

My team and I use it for writing internal guides and technical documentation.

What Document Creation solution do you use?

StepShot review by Internal Consultant in Computer Software
Internal Consultant in Computer Software

A great time-saving tool!

What do you like best?

I'm not a tech savvy, so the process of a new software onboarding is often painful. Not with StepShot Guides though.

It has been quick and easy. I've already saved a lot of time and hope to save much more.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that it's impossible to export to Word but guys from support told it's on their roadmap with Pro version. Can't wait to test it

Recommendations to others considering the product

Start with their free trial first. It will allow to evaluate how suitable this software is for your needs.

I'm using StepShot to create how-to guides. I regret not having it during my CS role in Namecheap Inc. My work with it would have been much more efficient, I suppose.

StepShot review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in Information Technology and Services

Should have opted for SnagIT

What do you like best?

Exporting to Word. but the templates aren't great and customer service doesn't answer emails or the phone

What do you dislike?

Options to limited, SnagIT worked better for me

Recommendations to others considering the product

Forget about customer support, these guys don't answer the phone or email.

None, I had hoped to decrease the time spent creating user guides. While the export feature is great, there are limited options for stamps etc

StepShot review by User in Fund-Raising
User in Fund-Raising

Stepshot is best shot software.

What do you like best?

StepShot is very to download and install, using it is very easy and first.

What do you dislike?

There is nothing i dislike from stepshot because it worked for me very well and will always use it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stepshot is the best software to use.

Using stepshot since am been doing online business, it has help me for severals times to make my account verifies easily.

Learning about StepShot?

* We monitor all StepShot reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.