StormCAD

StormCAD offers a complete approach to storm sewer design and analysis, from rainfall to outlet.

Work for StormCAD?

Learning about StormCAD?

StormCAD Reviews

Showing 6 StormCAD reviews
User in Civil Engineering

Using stormcad to model closed drainage systems

What do you like best?

I like the simplicity of it. Creating profiles and finding stats on the storm sewers is easy to do. And I enjoy being able to use it in MIcrostation as well. The project overall is effective at what it is billed at--sizing storm sewers effectively.

What do you dislike?

I wish things like spacing and the library catalog were more in depth. Some things like that in the program are almost 'too' simple. Having a greater library and being able to have a better way to space inlets would be helpful (like in Geopak Drainage where you can place a storm sewer on an alignment and the cross slope/profile slope automatically updates). I also wish it had an option to allow headwalls, as often there are culvert-type end sections connected to a storm sewer. This would help a lot to model the system as a whole. The project also tends to be buggy-much of the linework seems to be corrupted every once in a while, it's not something that makes it impossible to work with, but it does get annoying.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend understanding basic hydraulic and hydrological concepts before using.

I'm being able to correctly size storm sewers for closed drainage. Usually this is done on highway projects. I benefited from being able to do calculations via a computer program and not by hand. Generally however, a product such as Stormcad is required to submit calculations, so this is a software option to use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about StormCAD

Design Engineer

What do you like best?

The capabilities or the program are very diverse. Our company can do a wide range of design.

What do you dislike?

Some of the tools are difficult to understand how to use and take some time to learn. It would be nice if some of the tools were a little more straightforward and simple.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Take your time to learn how to use the features,

Detention design and it helps to shorten the design process.

What Other CAD solution do you use?

StormCAD review by <span>Kelsey E.</span>
Kelsey E.

StormCAD Review

What do you like best?

Very easy to use and learn, can design systems based on user-specified design constraints, will draw out drainage area for catch basins.

What do you dislike?

Automatic delineation of drainage areas often inaccurate.

Roadway drainage design. Allows us to quickly layout our drainage design and perform gutter spread and capacity calculations to meet parameters.

StormCAD is pretty fun

What do you like best?

I like the profile feature it really helps me visualize my drainage systems

What do you dislike?

It can be a little finicky at times but if you know what you're doing it's easy to troubleshoot

Storm Sewer mapping and design is pretty helpful in StormCAD, it's somewhat similar to Geopak drainage but not quite as funcitonal

StormCAD review by Consultant in Civil Engineering
Consultant in Civil Engineering

Novice StormCAD User

What do you like best?

I like that StormCAD allows you to define hydrology through catchments or at an inlet. I also appreciate the hydraulic modeling it conducts and that it is user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I wish that stormCAD had export abilities to both MicroStation and AutoCAD. I also wish that StormCAD allowed the user to take a predefined cell and define inlet parameters to calculate capture efficiencies.

N/A

StormCAD review by Consultant in Civil Engineering
Consultant in Civil Engineering

StormCAD review

What do you like best?

The StormCAD for Microstation, and how I am able to trace my drainage areas or sewers easily.

What do you dislike?

I wish the inlet spacing design would be a little easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the Bentley community for help when needed.

Drainage studies, storm sewer design

Learning about StormCAD?

* We monitor all StormCAD reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.