Stride

Stride is a complete communication solution designed to empower teams to talk less and do more.

Work for Stride?

Learning about Stride?

Stride Reviews

Ask Stride a Question
Showing 21 Stride reviews
Stride review by Caleb A.
Caleb A.

"A solid HipChat replacement and Slack competitor"

What do you like best?

Integration with the Atlassian cloud is the primary reason I would suggest using Stride over Slack. The built-in video meetings (that others can call into) also helps centralize our tech, especially for demos and such, so that we don't have to manage multiple apps, but can do all our communication through one. The way it should be.

What do you dislike?

Because the ecosystem is still very new, there aren't many 3rd-party integrations and bots to use with Stride. While this is something that will be remedied in the coming months, it's still something to consider if you're used to using certain bots on Slack and are looking at transitioning.

There are also some basic bugs at this stage that I'm sure will be ironed out as the product gets rolled out. Things like mentioning a user takes a frustrating amount of time before their name pops up and you can tab to select it. Tabbing too early just leaves it as text and you have to go back and try tagging them again.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a massive step up from HipChat and a solid competitor to Slack.

Inter-team communication. We use Stride for all communication, from standup meetings to whiteboarding our next feature to client demos. It's extremely nice to have everything in one place and not juggle several communication apps. It has helped streamline our communication instead of being another tool to manage, something I didn't honestly expect.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Stride
Stride review by Oscar R.
Oscar R.

"The unique software comunication"

What do you like best?

I like the way we can communicate between the staff, it does not matter the distance, always we are integrated by receiving videos or live chat.

What do you dislike?

I think that the price is to high when we pay for the service, there must be cheapest than the others one we use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I will recommend Stride because I think it s a solution to those who are looking for to manage the time, it offer you the chance to reduce time by contacting others partners just on line.

With Stride I have received information exchanges via videomeeting or live chat, the benefits have been many, first, I have got my team get together when I arrange a meeting without moving from other places, just a quick contact by using the software low the cost of the meeting.

What Team Collaboration solution do you use?

Stride review by Wallis S.
Wallis S.

"Stride"

What do you like best?

I like that I can chat privately within the office and that it provides a written record of interactions (so no one can misconstrue what another person said). It is also faster than sending emails.

What do you dislike?

Having an internal chat system allows people to be passive aggressive, or avoid talking to people in person. There are times it would be faster/simpler to have people just speak directly to me (all staff sit within a few feet of each other).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't let it become a way to not have to talk directly to anyone

I am able to ask questions privately and discreetly, so a lot of awkward situations are avoided. I also get questions quickly that are in writing, so any discrepancies in people's stories can easily be sorted out.

Stride review by Frederick W.
Frederick W.

"Grate communication solution"

What do you like best?

Simple interface. Hundreds of buttons will not hamper you. Integrate and connect all the communication channels that you use and view them in one service. Good work of the support team. I quite often bothered them with questions, but they were always polite and helped solve all the problems.

What do you dislike?

There are not many third-party integrations. However, the integration with GitHub is simply excellent.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I agree, the product is quite new, but it is very convenient. Try to integrate it into your workflow.

We use Stride to communicate in our teem group or to communicate with others remote groups. It is convenient that there is an opportunity to see who is active and who is not in place.

Stride review by User in Computer Software

"Good for commmunication but not all encompassing"

What do you like best?

You can create as many chats as you would like to.

What do you dislike?

I do not like that you can't forward messages or quote. It is extremely helpful to forward messages, especially when dealing with customer support issues. Quoting is also helpful so you can click on the quote and it takes you to the original message. It would allow viewing in context.

Recommendations to others considering the product

We used some of the integrations by adding in giphy and standbot. The standbot plugin is extremely useful for providing historical daily stand up reports. This helps our BA and reduces some of his documentation. We also use the decision and task messages to hold each other compatible.

We use this program to allow collaboration between teammates as well as with other teams. It is also helpful that there is a mobile app to allow business communication on a personal device to communicate outside of office hours.

Stride review by Adam R.
Adam R.

"Stride"

What do you like best?

I like the built in video meetings that also allows just audio call ins. This is especially useful for when engineers need to do knowledge transfer on new products with customers. Even with the lack of 3rd party plugins, this software is headed in the right direction.

What do you dislike?

Like many new systems, Stride lacks 3rd party plugins. I'm sure these are coming but until then it is lacking. there are bugs but again this is typical for new software.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a nice an convenient way for employees to communicate with each other. The only downside that I see is this could cause the face to face interactions to be less frequent.

This is great for collaboration tool allowing engineers, project managers and sales to communicate effectively.

Stride review by User

"Online team messaging app"

What do you like best?

Creation of groups is easier. The integration with bitbucket is worth mentioning. Another feature is the ability to turn a post into a task. An option next to the text entry field lets you add a checkmark box to the front of your post so that it looks like a task that needs to be completed.

What do you dislike?

The size of the mobile app is bit higher which is approximately 40mb.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stride offers decent online team messaging, but the services show in its lack of customizability and group direct messages

Monitor the pull requests which are getting created. Notifying the other users when the pull request is created in bitbucket. Not only pull requests but all type of notifications like comments, merged etc etc

Stride review by Sean C.
Sean C.

"Dependable, works fine"

What do you like best?

Simple, uncluttered interface. Does what it says it's supposed to do, and does it well.

What do you dislike?

When I was first invited to join a team, it showed no rooms nor teammates. I had to go in and manually add each one. Not sure if this was an issue with the manager who set me up, or a Stride problem... but it was annoying.

Chatting with remote team members. Making sure we know who is available, and being able to quickly have questions answered.

Stride review by User in E-Learning
User in E-Learning

"Love this tool"

What do you like best?

Ability to communicate, share, and bounce ideas off teammates across different timezones and offices. Great for 1 to 1 video communication to see your teammates in real time. Also perfect for group collaboration to get feedback on ideas and processes.

What do you dislike?

Would like an addon for scheduling standing meetings and utilizing the inbuilt video tool. Other than that I don't have many dislikes.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This product is awesome if implemented right within your orginization

Centralized communication system for entire company, having one tool which everyone in the company uses to communicate and collaborate.

Stride review by User in Hospital & Health Care

"Clean interface and integration with Confluence and JIRA"

What do you like best?

Stride works well with linking Confluence and JIRA pages and tickets to chat that are going on. Its search is also good and returning results for wide searches that you're trying to find a room, but may not remember its exact name.

What do you dislike?

All the rooms that you can join are listed on the sidebar, which can get very long if you're in multiple rooms (discussion rooms).

Easier IM-ing between team members. Stride works similarly to slack and other services like this, but with the additional benefit that it plugs in Confluence and JIRA.

Stride review by User in Non-Profit Organization Management
User in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Simple way to chat and share files"

What do you like best?

I like that it's so easy to use. You can privately chat with people, or do a group setting. You can create multiple groups as well. It's very easy to upload a screenshot as well.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it's sometimes hard to get logged in. I've had to reset my password a handful of times even though I know I was using the correct password.

I use Stride to keep in contact with other users and management to find out when there is more work uploaded. It's beneficial because the management can let everyone know when there is work so that it gets done sooner.

Stride review by User

"One of the best business communication and messaging platforms out there"

What do you like best?

Ease of use. Also it has a great User Interface that is visually appealing. The correction feature which was absent in Hipchat is better to have

What do you dislike?

It still has lot to improve especially if you compare it with Slack. The slack bots are good and they have many messaging features that still stride lacks

We use it in our company to message and have quick chatting platform, mostly for software issues

Stride review by User in Medical Devices
User in Medical Devices

"Useful messaging platform,but not better than slack"

What do you like best?

User Interface is very appealing. I would say it is better than slack for the most part.Ease of use is good

What do you dislike?

It took a long time to release it to the team before initial announcement,almost 6-7 months. The transition from hip-chat to stride was not at all smooth.

Its very useful for quick chats for the entire team or even individuals.It has useful integrations with other softwares like Jira

Stride review by User in Automotive
User in Automotive

"New to Stride but loving it`"

What do you like best?

It is easy to communicate quickly with colleagues. We prefer it to our previous messenger system.

What do you dislike?

I can't say that I dislike anything about Stride. As it is a new program in our office, we are adjusting to it. But we find it user friendly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is easy to use

We find it easier to stay in touch with our staff by using Stride

Stride review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Stride, a great companion to Atlassian"

What do you like best?

Stride is a great tool for teams to communicate. The phone and screen share feature is fantastic.

What do you dislike?

Stride has been really good so far. Sometimes video chats drop.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would go for it

Team communication and conferencing works very well.

Stride review by User

"Decent Workplace Chat Program"

What do you like best?

I like the aesthetic value of the program, it is pleasing to the eye and pretty user friendly.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the lack in features. Such as automatically opening when windows starts

Recommendations to others considering the product

Add a few more opening features. Like automatically opening with windows.

WE are able to quietly chat with coworkers across the office regardless of if they are on the phone or not.

Stride review by Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad
Administrator in Transportation/Trucking/Railroad

"Great workplace instant messaging!"

What do you like best?

I can be anywhere from my desk to on a call with my phone. Stride keeps my work messages in one place rather than dealing with text messages mixing with my personal life.

What do you dislike?

Not much to dislike considering it’s cross platform. Maybe integration with our help desk software would be cool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great with improving communication and cutting down on email

Communication and Efficiency

"Strides for Stride"

What do you like best?

Offers quick way to communicate with groups or teams of workers

What do you dislike?

Notifications are not always visible or obvious and I will miss messages

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good chat program for offices that collaborate a lot or are social

Increase communication between offices and locations. This allows questions to be answered sooner

"Stride at work"

What do you like best?

There a lots of applications that can be added on.

What do you dislike?

Seems to frequently have connection problems and I will miss messages.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Easy to use, makes communication quick in the office.

Communication between different offices is easier, as well as group communications related to both work and work outings.

Stride review by User

"Quick, and user friendly"

What do you like best?

The chat rooms are very easy to gather people in and discuss topics.

What do you dislike?

nothing, so far it seems to be working great .

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it

communication issues have been resolved

"This is awesome"

What do you like best?

It is so easy to chat throughout the company with everyone.

What do you dislike?

Nothing this a perfect product....never change

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use it or lose it

communication within departments

Learning about Stride?

* We monitor all Stride reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.