Stripe Billing

Stripe Subscriptions offers solutions for web and mobile payments that are built for developers. Stripe provides a set of unified APIs and tools that instantly enable businesses to accept and manage online payments.

Work for Stripe Billing?

Learning about Stripe Billing?

Stripe Billing Reviews

Showing 37 Stripe Billing reviews
Stripe Billing review by Christine W.
Christine W.

"Powerful system that does need a lot of customization during set up "

What do you like best?

Stripe has worked great for our business. Would highly recommend to anyone looking to process payments, so that you do not have to store client credit card data.

What do you dislike?

The set up was not easy. We had our developers doing everything and it took a long time and needed a lot of work for pricing tier set up based on user amounts. Maybe it was an issue with the developers we had working on the task, but it took much longer than we expected to get things integrated into our platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure you have the proper team in place on your end if you need a custom solution.

This is how we are billing and charging clients. We have a monthly payment structure based on the amount of users clients have in our system.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Stripe Billing

"I love stripe"

What do you like best?

It is a payment gateway that doesn't require a long drawn out verification process, which means you can quickly and easily get up and running ad it integrates with a lot of other software out there

What do you dislike?

They have recently changed the interface and it makes it a bit harder to find information sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

I an not recommend stripe highly enough, it is the cheapest payment processor I have found and without any monthly fees (I don't like monthly fees as we don't always use it enough to warrant monthly fees). It is easy to use and I guess the only consideration really is does it do what you want it to do? I think for most SME's who are taking online payents the answer would be a resounding yes as it integrates well with other software (e.g. ecommerce software) and it pays out quickly with the lowest fees I have seen. If you find something with lower fees that does everything stripe does do please tell the world! :)

Taking online payments for courses I sell online, it has been great as it helps me to not have to physically get on the phone to take payments and it pays out within 1 week of the payment having been made.

What Subscription Billing solution do you use?

Stripe Billing review by Mike R.
Mike R.

"Stripe review"

What do you like best?

It's easy to sign up with and use.. The only downfall they had was no phone support but they have since fixed that part and is rocking and rolling the right direction with its customer support abilities.

What do you dislike?

Nothing anymore. They have completely changed the way they saw fit to help their customers and made the change quickly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is a good way for a restaurant, or other small business to help with taking card payments and offers a good support team and can be accessed on just about any device with an internet connection.

I used to help for support at a large company worming with thousands of restaurants and this was our go to for that purpose.. It solves many problems allows cards to be used/stored and charged for many occasions.

Stripe Billing review by Denishia Boss W.
Denishia Boss W.

"Stripe payment system"

What do you like best?

What I like about stripe is how much of the control you have over your payment system for your business there's many tools to help a new business owner there's different from many othersI

What do you dislike?

I dislike how stripes will freeze your whole account or a dispute it's not good for business it actually puts a delay on your business

My business problems with stripe was getting a way for my customer to pay online they also help me build my first website

Stripe Billing review by User

"Stripe = The international payment processor (with a few glitches)"

What do you like best?

Here at Huel, we loved Stripe! It integrates with Shopify perfectly, which is the platform that we use to sell our product. Stripe works fast, and is really easy for our business. Stripe has a flat fee so it's super easy to budget with. It's great for any bigger e-commerce brand!

What do you dislike?

Stripe doesn't have phone support, which can be bit annoying. That's a main reason why we have decided to switch to Square Up--Stripe has an occasional freezing problem with no phone! Square Up has a phone number.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really consider the fact that they don't have a phone number! Some people are fine with that, but we really enjoy the immediate action and personal touch.

We used it for our payments and subscription program so we aren't tapping into Stripe's full potential. For these simple tasks, it's very beneficial. We are a global brand so it's great for the multiple currencies it handles. We have switched to a new payment processor so we are gonna miss Stripe but Square Up has phone support so we are ready for more immediate action.

Stripe Billing review by Tim A.
Tim A.

"Stripe makes our business easier to manage!"

What do you like best?

I love how there's an ACH and credit card option! Also, the ACH option has a much lower online processing fee which is ALWAYS a plus!

What do you dislike?

Well I don't like the online processing fee. I realize that this is normal. I just don't like it though!

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is a little annoying to set up, but once it's set up, it's super easy to use! The best thing to do is offer both ACH and card and explain to the customer/client about the fees. I think the customer/client appreciates when we try to save them money.

I have linked Stripe to Dubsado, which is our business' CRM! It works beautifully with our online invoices.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator

"Great for small business, and large. User friendly, great alternative to others. Developer-Friendly"

What do you like best?

I like the quick view stats at a glance on the dashboard, and ease of overall use.

What do you dislike?

I dislike not clearly knowing what their algorithm is for giving discounts for month-after-month large transactions. My understanding is they use some form of a matrix to decide if there are lower-level tiers for those that charge a lot... but there is no stated amount, and they will not tell you more than what I've said here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's just a simple solution, whether you're entering charges manually through their website, or using their API to interface with your custom or out-of-the-box billing solutions. There are MANY plugins for this product as a 3rd-party credit card solution. Highly recommended.

I'm using Stripe with a custom shopping cart solution and their API is VERY developer-friendly. We're able to use this a lot quicker and with less development time than previous APIs.

Stripe Billing review by Jenny G.
Jenny G.

"Great plug in for accepting payment online"

What do you like best?

Easy to install the plugin with little to no coding knowledge required. Pay per use.

What do you dislike?

Relatively high fee if you are relying on this to process large payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Secure payment gateway and user friendly to those without coding background, takes minutes to set up and get going live on your ecommerce website. Fee is competitive!

Making the check out experience smooth and painless for customers online through our website. Potential to develop subscription products.

Stripe Billing review by Jackie L.
Jackie L.

"Easy to Use Billing System"

What do you like best?

Stripe integrates well with websites and many other platforms. Easy to use to set up e-commerce stores in my experience with a seamless payment process. Easy to get sign up and get onboard.

What do you dislike?

It can have a steep learning curve if you need any mid to heavy customization process. As a developer, I'm ok with it, but if you're not a developer, contact your developer to set it up properly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using Stripe Billing and do recommend it to my clients for their e-commerce use.

E-commerce setup, website payments, and subscriptions. It makes it easy for customers to complete their purchases in a secure environment online.

Stripe Billing review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Simple to use eCommerce platform"

What do you like best?

I like how versatile and flexible it is compared to other platforms. Very simple to implement on your website and the documentation is really clear and complete. Testing on this platform is also very easy and is very helpful towards development and testing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it requires someone to have a decent knowledge of web development in order to use the product because then I am unable to recommend it to others freely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is familiar with web development and is looking to get eCommerce functionality on to their website going. It is so customizable and the knowledge barrier threshold is kind of low given you are familiar with basic JavaScript or PHP.

We used this platform as a way to let clients pay for our services. It was very unintrusive and customizable which makes it versatile.

Stripe Billing review by User in Internet

"Easy setup, great UI/UX, robust"

What do you like best?

The set/onboarding was consistent with Stripe's overall consistently excellent ease-of-use. Help text was available during all the steps, and the process was painless. Once set up, the product is similarly easy to use.

What do you dislike?

Customer support was not available, and not very helpful when it was. The time between submitting a ticket and hearing back was unacceptably long considering the type of service Strip is offering - financial processing - which demands more hand-holding than other SaaS vendors.

Further, the wait time for payments to finish processing is longer than it should be.

My business is trying to streamline and simplify our payment flow. We haven't realized any benefits yet because of the long processing time and the lack of reliable support when problems do crop up. We'll see how it shakes out in the longer term.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator

"Solid billing/charging platform for our business"

What do you like best?

They've made some impressive UI improvements since we've been using it. Search has improved and it really is easy to use for billing and charging.

What do you dislike?

Support had been a bit of a pain in the past to get in touch in people. That said, my most recent issue was responded to quickly and resolved painlessly so hopefully this is on the rise.

We use Stripe to bill and charge our customers. We are able to easily collect the money we are owed for our services. We also use it to host our transaction engine for our marketplace.

Stripe Billing review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"No customer service"

What do you like best?

The features are great. Great user interface. Easy to use API. Great product!

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely no way to reach a real person at Stripe. Email support is very slow. Receiving online payments is extremely important for any business and it is not good to go with a vendor that does not provide any phone or immediate support if something goes wrong. And things will go wrong. They mistakenly flagged our account as 'fraudulent' and shut us down with no explanation or any way to reach them! Several days later they apologized for the mistake and re-activated our account. Will it happen again? I don't know. It makes me very nervous to go with a vendor that does not have better communication and process for screening its users. I prefer WePay because they have a very involved process for becoming a partner with them, which means, they value our relationship and understand that we are trustworthy partners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is important. Does your payment gateway have a relationship with your business or is everything automated with no path to contact them? How long can you expect to wait before hearing back from someone? If your company relies on online payments, consider the customer service aspect when choosing a payment gateway vendor.

Receive online payments. It is a great user interface for our users to be able to login and see their transactions and link to their own bank account, etc.

Stripe Billing review by User

"Wish I'd found Stripe sooner!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can accept payments in virtually any currency. This boosts my sales as it creates less of a hassle and no extra charges for my paying customers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't receive payments into an online checking account because you must use a bank with a physical address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, especially if you're tired of dealing with checks for your payment type.

It makes getting paid easy and hassle-free. I don't even have to think about it because I don't have to worry about waiting to receive checks in the mail.

Stripe Billing review by Damian R.
Damian R.

"Simple to use"

What do you like best?

Easy to setup and no waiting or approval period

What do you dislike?

Interface is not very GUI friendly - I would love to see them develop this aspect of the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Consider all your options and what your needs are

Ability to provide invoices and payment options using other web based platforms.

Stripe Billing review by Clayton M.
Clayton M.

"Hands down the most robust and simple payment gateway"

What do you like best?

I have been using stripe since the company was in it's infancy. From the beginning, they have made developers their number one priority. There motto was something like "made by developers for developers" which always resonated well with me. Since I have progressed from PHP to C and Ruby, Stripe has always been my payment gateway of choice. Any time I have had to support any other payment gateway, I have cringed as many alternatives are riddled with needles process, poorly documented tools, and have taken way more work.

What do you dislike?

I have very few complaints. I have never had issues with the technical implementation, but years ago I created an application that processed nearly thousands of dollars in a very short amount of time, and they froze the account suspecting it of fraud. It did take some weeks to resolve, but I also don't put the blame entirely on them.

I use stripe regularly for client work. I'm a consultant and freelancer, often helping startups get an idea to market as quickly as possible. Stripe is competitive with their rates, making it an easy choice for startups, and their services also scale and test incredibly well, making them a viable option that the client will rarely ever outgrow.

"Striple Billing Review"

What do you like best?

Stripe was extremely to use to use for CC processing. It allowed for a seamless part of AR process.

What do you dislike?

Calling up historical data could be difficult because it limited the # of users. It was difficult to have fellow employees work on projects with historical data because of this. Everything was essentially in one silo so to speak.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great tool and helps to effectively collect customers billing information and charge their credit card efficiently. Good for what it is. I would recommend to others looking to factor the credit card portion of their receivables.

Faster CC processing/ Subscription Management

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Higher Education
Administrator in Higher Education

"Gets the job done"

What do you like best?

It was free and painless to setup. It was also incredibly easy to integrate into a WordPress site with Woocommerce.

What do you dislike?

It’s a minor gripe, but the merchant service fees per transaction could be less. I’m a non-profit and would love a bit of a break on the fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It’s a pretty straight forward payment gateway

Accepting payments online through Woocomerce site.

Stripe Billing review by Emma C.
Emma C.

"Stripe easiest payment processor "

What do you like best?

Strip had great interface and customer service. Billing clients is easy. I like that clients don’t need a stripe account to pay.

What do you dislike?

The reporting in stripe is lacking, we sometimes have difficulty generating the reports we need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don’t hesitate if you’re still using PayPal!

Invoicing clients and we realized tracking those invoices is super clear and simple.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"IT Manager"

What do you like best?

The ease of use. The ability to easily manage our multiple environments within Stripe has been superb.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer a way to force all new users to enable 2-step verification.

To be able to easily process payments from not only US currency but to make the payments of international orgs easy as well.

Stripe Billing review by Fayyazuddin S.
Fayyazuddin S.

"My honest review of Stripe"

What do you like best?

Apple recommends Stripe to be used with their Apple Pay mobile payment service that they recently rolled out.

What do you dislike?

It unfortunately cannot be widely used in Canada yet. Apple Pay was just made available in conjunction with American Express, but not with other major credit cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please learn to use this by going through the tutorials that are out there.

Mobile payments on site at events without having the need to invest in expensive POS terminals. Powerful SDK that can be used in iOS apps.

Stripe Billing review by Belinda C.
Belinda C.

"Just Stripe & Go"

What do you like best?

Super easy to setup and use. Great flat rate prici

What do you dislike?

The only con would be no phone support for issues that could potentially arise.

I realized businesses don’t have to worry about PCI compliance with Stripe. Stripe does everything in regards to encrypting and protecting.

Stripe Billing review by Kendal J.
Kendal J.

"The best!"

What do you like best?

It's really easy to use and the platform made it comfortable for me and collegues to understand.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the fee option. The fee could be a little cheaper.

No problems so far but benefits that we love is how customizable everything is.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator

"Accessibility at its finest"

What do you like best?

The cost effective payment processing API that can be easily implemented within mobile and web based applications.

What do you dislike?

There has been times in the past where the response time has been slow, but I think Stripe has came a long way in the past few years.

Since moving from PayPal Braintree to Stripe, we’ve saved thousands of dollars in transaction fees. Also being able to query previous transactions through an API allows for transparency in finding what works best.

"Not bad"

What do you like best?

Stripe is able to be linked to different accounting softwares and it's really easy to use

What do you dislike?

When you're issuing invoices directly from Stripe you will not be able to edit it once it has been sent even though it hasn't been paid by the customer

Recommendations to others considering the product

Is a really good payment platform. About invoicing directly from it I'm not 100% happy

Invoicing is really simple and you don't need a huge training for your employees

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in E-Learning
Administrator in E-Learning

"Very developer friendly"

What do you like best?

Stripe has great documentation and developer tools, do building complicated systems off of their platform is easy.

What do you dislike?

Hard to think of any big complaints - this is the best payment platform I’ve encountered.

Stripe was handling all of our credit card payments, giving us webhooks whenever charges were made or actions taken. Their model also allowed us to easily implement a “pause subscription” feature by just altering the trial dates, even after a subscription was active.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Stripe. Clean. Simple. Fool-proof. "

What do you like best?

I like that stripe has both an API that can be used to integrate with my website, but that I can also sign in to their easy to use interface to get things done quickly!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes I think that the payment structure behind stripe is tough to use.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's straight forward and simple to use.

We're solving the business problem that is trust: with stripe, people know straight away that they can trust us.

Stripe Billing review by Ivan D.
Ivan D.

"Simple and concise payment system"

What do you like best?

Simple integration into existing projects with wast collection of language-specific API wrappers.

Those wrappers are open-sourced. That is definitely a plus.

What do you dislike?

Small amount of countries available for companies.

We used it as simple Payment Gateway but soon realised that it handles 90% of our user stories as Subscription Management system. It saved us tonnes of time and nerves.

Stripe Billing review by Internal Consultant
Internal Consultant

"Amazing tool for our clients"

What do you like best?

I like the feasibility that Stripe provides for our users. Students who want to take a course at Udacity can easily use Stripe to make their payments.

What do you dislike?

There's not a lot of things I can complain about the product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Buy it!

Some of our students are reluctant to start a course at Udacity. But having a monthly subscription encourages them to sign up.

Stripe Billing review by User in Computer Software

"Easy To Use"

What do you like best?

Payment processing is simple and provides good basic analytics for customers payments/revenue.

What do you dislike?

If you want to upgrade, all additional add-ons are quite expensive.

Payment processing and tracking.

Stripe Billing review by User in Consumer Electronics
User in Consumer Electronics

"Extremely useful and powerful payments & billing tool that works fast and easy"

What do you like best?

The fact that stripe flexibly and easily integrated into any kind of product billing system

What do you dislike?

There wasn't much to dislike about it, I haven't heard much about problems regarding the service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is a worthwhile investment! Their services are world-class and work beautifully

Stripe helps managing subscription payments, as well as easily solve discrepancies with payments and very easily reverse overcharges.

Stripe Billing review by User in Information Technology and Services

"Easy to use billing."

What do you like best?

Quick and easy to implement api for billing and even seller / merchant sites can take advantage of Stripe features.

What do you dislike?

Nothing to dislike about stripe. The company and product are great!

Money! I need to pay / charge people. Therefore I can do both with stripe. you can charge end users of your product and pay vendors all with stripe.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator

"Good and reputable way to accept payments, but has its drawbacks"

What do you like best?

Easy to use and easy to build into any platform

Reputable way to collect payments and trusted by clients

What do you dislike?

Not built for microtransactions - takes too much off of our spread

Would switch to another payment processor for more competitive pricing

Ability to collect payments online, benefit of reputability and simplicity with clients

"Cohesive"

What do you like best?

It was really easy to use with all the Apple stuff. Seamless and simple to use.

What do you dislike?

I did not dislike anything. The only thing that would make it better is if it were free.

It keeps everything in one place and it makes it super easy to look up a transaction.

Stripe Billing review by User in Internet

"Stripe billing is peace of mind for tech startups"

What do you like best?

Ease of use

APIs of Stripe

Stripe Support

What do you dislike?

The cost should be a little lower I find it expensive a bit when you’re taking payment from Amex card

Recommendations to others considering the product

For any saas startup and Agency who have subscription model

I’m using this for taking recurring payments from our clients

Stripe Billing review by Administrator

"Great way to power a SaaS system"

What do you like best?

Easy to implement into our system and is incredibly robust.

What do you dislike?

I would like better reporting -- we have to use a 3rd party churn, LTV product and I think there's an opportunity to build better reporting.

Capturing recurring revenue.

Stripe Billing review by Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in E-Learning
Industry Analyst / Tech Writer in E-Learning

"Good product"

What do you like best?

I like Stripe because it was easy to integrate with the system already in place.

What do you dislike?

I don’t have any dislikes for Stripe at this point.

Saving time and energy with Stripe billing system.

Learning about Stripe Billing?

* We monitor all Stripe Billing reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.