Stripe Billing

Stripe Subscriptions offers solutions for web and mobile payments that are built for developers. Stripe provides a set of unified APIs and tools that instantly enable businesses to accept and manage online payments.

Work for Stripe Billing?

Learning about Stripe Billing?

Stripe Billing Reviews

Ask Stripe Billing a Question
Showing 149 Stripe Billing reviews
Stripe Billing review by John S.
John S.

"Awesome if you like to code"

What do you like best?

Just recently Stripe enabled invoicing, which is what I was needing. I like how easy it is to sign folks up to subscriptions (we are a SaaS biz), and manage accounts. Slack integration is nice too. Also, Stripe has alot of integrations.

What do you dislike?

Reporting is really minimal -- not sure why there isn't better charting capabilities. I don't think their subscription support is great either -- not quite flexible enough and I find myself having to develop too many discount codes. There's just alot of manual work to set up. Also, this is useless if you don't know how to code.

Recommendations to others considering the product

really look at the kinds of subscriptions you are offering and the work you need to do in setting Stripe up. Also, if you are looking for custom invoices with nice branding etc, you will need to integrate with a 3rd party software.

Subscription registration, billing and payments. I am finally able to send one-off invoices.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Stripe Billing
Stripe Billing review by Kevin S.
Kevin S.

"Very easy to use and I really like the options!"

What do you like best?

I really like how easy it is to use as well as the ability to have data right at my fingertips for all financial areas of my online business. We love using the subscription options and the ability to process payments on a scheduled basis is great! I also love how easy it is to use the API keys and integrate this payment processor to our websites.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I think I would say that I dislike about Stripe is that sometimes our clients have not been approved for an account because of the industry they work in. I guess that it is understandable as it may be outside of their terms. Also they could do better with how quickly money is deposited into our bank account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely use the payment gateway! I would recommend it to anybody wanting to use it online especially one who needs the ability to process monthly subscriptions.

We needed a way to process payments on a subscription basis and not very many processing software has this capability. We use Stripe for almost every eCommerce website that we build!

What Payment Gateway solution do you use?

Stripe Billing review by Pankaj Kumar S.
Pankaj Kumar S.

"The perfect gateway for small business"

What do you like best?

It accepts all types of debit and credit cards from across all over the world which none of the other competitors offers. Most of the gateways the debit card transaction fails for international payments but Stripe handles it with ease.

What do you dislike?

If we wanted to integrate our API into this gateway it is time-consuming and we definitely need technical support from their staffs.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This gateway is most suitable for small-scale transactions, and it can even handle international debit card transactions with ease but if there is a heavy load on this gateway then it will sustain. So if you are running a business for a small set of users then this gateway will surely serve the purpose and the costing is also less which the small business can easily afford too.

We use Stripe as our secondary payment gateway to handle debit card transactions for international users. our primary gateway authorized.net does not handle debit card transactions so we needed a secondary gateway that can help us in processing the debit card purchases and we implemented Stripe for that and it makes customers as well as the management happy.

Stripe Billing review by Yamini P.
Yamini P.

"Stripe - A payment platform with built in analytics"

What do you like best?

I like the fact that Stripe comes with additional tools like Sigma and Radar which gives it an edge over other payment platforms. Sigma is their reporting tool which provides the capability to generate custom reports using custom SQL queries. Also, Radar provides advanced fraud protection by predicting and stopping fraud payments using cutting edge machine learning algorithms.

What do you dislike?

Stripe payment plans doesn't offer any incentive for customer with high volumes of transactions. Also, customer care support is not available over phone.

Stripe's offering is really plug and play and it doesn't take much time to get started accepting credit card payments from across the globe. It has also helped increase my reach to the customers by offering to accept new age payment solutions like Bitcoin and Apple Pay.

Stripe Billing review by Estelle A.
Estelle A.

"Very easy to use interface and very responsive customer service"

What do you like best?

Even though I have no technical background it is pretty easy for me to understand how to navigate the interface and gather information about our customers' subscriptions and payments.

Every time I have a question, the customer service is both very fast and efficient. They won't send you any random template expecting your question to go away, every answer is tailor-made to your needs and this is very appreciable.

What do you dislike?

I haven't found anything that I dislike so far. The information laid out on the interface might be a bit too technical sometimes but the customer service is so fast at answering any question that it has never been an issue to me.

The integration of credit card payments is really smooth and secure and the transmission of informations between our website and Stripe always goes without an itch.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator

"I love stripe"

What do you like best?

It is a payment gateway that doesn't require a long drawn out verification process, which means you can quickly and easily get up and running ad it integrates with a lot of other software out there

What do you dislike?

They have recently changed the interface and it makes it a bit harder to find information sometimes

Recommendations to others considering the product

I an not recommend stripe highly enough, it is the cheapest payment processor I have found and without any monthly fees (I don't like monthly fees as we don't always use it enough to warrant monthly fees). It is easy to use and I guess the only consideration really is does it do what you want it to do? I think for most SME's who are taking online payents the answer would be a resounding yes as it integrates well with other software (e.g. ecommerce software) and it pays out quickly with the lowest fees I have seen. If you find something with lower fees that does everything stripe does do please tell the world! :)

Taking online payments for courses I sell online, it has been great as it helps me to not have to physically get on the phone to take payments and it pays out within 1 week of the payment having been made.

Stripe Billing review by Alex P.
Alex P.

"Flawless, a fantastic piece of software "

What do you like best?

There is a lot to like -

* stunning interface - they should get some rewards for a beautiful website

* reliability - I have never ever had a problem with them. Perfect service

* functionality - there is so much you can do with multi currency billing. I am loving all the features.

What do you dislike?

There is really nothing at all that I dislike. I cannot complain as it has been literally flawless.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's fee to sign up and no monthly charges. Just sign up and give it a try. You will not be disappointed

We need to bill in multi currency and get paid in USD, and Stripe works so well for this. We have definitely benefitted by getting international business in different currencies.

Stripe Billing review by Kaylee R.
Kaylee R.

"Easy Payment System"

What do you like best?

Stripe has been incredibly useful to me as an artist who attends conventions and sells art on the go. They provide a free card swiper that attaches to any phone, and their app has (so far) been reliable every time I have used it.

They also have great analytics to look at at the end of the day — probably more useful for someone running an actual daily business than for artists using it only occasionally, but still neat to look at. The pay-outs are pretty quick as well, which is a definite bonus if you need to be able to access your money quickly.

I have not yet used the subscription tool in Stripe, but I have bought from companies who do use it and send out discounts or future offers through it automatically, and it seems to work well for that too.

What do you dislike?

The fees involved in transactions are a bit annoying, but this is honestly my only complaint. Stripe is very good at what it does.

At conventions and other occasions where I sell art, it's invaluable to have a method to take credit/debit cards on the go. Not everyone has cash, and it's gotten me a ton more sales from people who would otherwise be unable to buy anything.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator

"Stripe Greatness"

What do you like best?

I enjoy the clean platform style the most. Unlike other platforms, when you get on Stripe, it gives you direct readings and information on the work your business is creating in a simple form. It can also be easily accessed on it's app.

What do you dislike?

There are a lot of features and integrations on this platform that do not necessarily make it as user-friendly as I like. It is easy to find information on what features are and how to use them, however when it comes to getting help for the setup, the customer service team usually can answer only basic questions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is an excellent platform that will allow you to grow as not only a business owner but a developer as well. Most entrepreneurs do not see themselves as developers but if you are creating a business then it is a part of entrepreneurship. this platform is easy to setup from the beginning with clear instructions. The integrations that they allow foster an inclusive atmosphere to programs that a company may already be using. This platform also can be used for any person looking for a way to collect funds outside of being an entrepreneur. The app gives you plenty of freedom.

I needed a clear way to see all of my sales and an efficient way to make one deposit to my bank account instead of multiple transfers throughout the week.

Stripe Billing review by Jonathan B.
Jonathan B.

"The best choice for accepting online payments, with a reliable and useful API"

What do you like best?

Stripe's costs are competitive with the industry. Their API documentation is some of the best I've ever seen, and I've seen many other developers say the same thing. It's really easy to get going with the service, whether you're building your own custom implementation or using a pre-made plugin or service that hooks into Stripe.

What do you dislike?

We don't like that they didn't provide phone support, but they are starting to roll this out to a limited number of clients, so that's a good sign. They also have live chat support which has been helpful.

Accepting and handling subscription payments. That's what we use Stripe for. It has been reliable for us and our clients.

Stripe Billing review by Derek L.
Derek L.

"Great tools to add professional credit card processing to your website."

What do you like best?

Stripe provides developers a great way to create customized payment forms for use with their website or other applications. We've been able to create simple yet effective payment forms for our clients right on our website. Stripe also takes every major credit card at the same rate, which allows us to avoid looking unprofessional in turning away American Express cards as an example. Branding, statements, etc. look like they come from our business, which is a huge upgrade over PayPal and Intuit, which slap their branding on everything related to payment processing.

What do you dislike?

The processing fees are a little high compared to point of sale machines, but they are slightly lower than PayPal/Quickbooks, which is a plus. Their dashboard also cannot be used for any kind of processing to remain PCI compliant, so that restricts usability to whatever you can program. While you can brand statements and emails, the payment receipts that go to clients still come from stripe.com, which is a problem if you're trying to achieve a unified branding identity.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure you have a developer on hand to implement the code needed for credit card processing. There are plugins for Wordpress and other CMS systems to implement Stripe, but it will require some technical know-how to correctly implement it.

Stripe is a great application for accepting credit cards quickly and easily. For companies like ours that do Net 30 invoices to most clients, the credit card processing ability is a huge factor for alleviating cash flow issues that arise from too many clients slow to pay their bills. They also provide a very quick bank transfer process, which was a huge upgrade over Quickbooks and their 1-2 week credit card processing time. This is definitely a great tool to implement credit card processing online.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Information Technology and Services

"Complete payment tool for any subscription based business"

What do you like best?

Their API documentation is detailed and helps smooth integration. They have a webhook for almost all the scenario's a subscription-based business would encounter, so we can focus on our product and stripe handles all the payment.

What would take months to set up becomes a week with stripe.

What do you dislike?

Really not much, but if you were to place a bullet on my head if I don't say one, then I would say regional restrictions. They require your business to be set up in their listed locations, although if you don't have one, they help you set up one using Stripe Atlas program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You don't need anything else, other than stripe if you have a subscription-based business.

We charge our customers monthly based on their usage. Without Stripe, it would have taken us months to set up our payment system, with Stripe we did it in a week time. Also, Stripe helped us set up a business account in the United States.

Stripe Billing review by Harrison T.
Harrison T.

"One of the BEST way for small-medium or startup merchants "

What do you like best?

Easy to use, fees are comparable to PayPal or lower, a lot of website integrations, fast deposits, test modes, and there are also a lot of documentations and help online.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really. If maybe fees are a bit lowered.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Really great for startups, small - medium business. This is a MUST if you use platform that has integrations like Cratejoy, Shopify, WooCommerce, BigCommerce, etc. Your customers can pay with credit or debit card and there are free fraud checks. If they added telephone verification, that is something I would pay extra for.

For our eCommerce website. It has been really awesome! No initiation or setup fee. Easy to integrate to our platform.

Stripe Billing review by Gavin P.
Gavin P.

"One of the most flexible payment gateways"

What do you like best?

This review is specific to the UK as I understand payment card regulations vary around the globe.

After extensive research and almost signing up for Worldpay, We ended up going for stripe and now 6 months in are very happy with the system. We use stripe through an integration with zoho books. The features we enjoy the most are:

Easy to use admin panel (TAKE A NOTE Worldpay)

Ability to charge in Pounds, Euros and many more currencies as our business evolves.

East to understand fee structure and very competitive for UK e commerce businesses.

You can review payments easily, pull up receipts and issue refunds in seconds.

When you refund a customer the credit card fees are refunded in full (thank you Stripe) this makes things so much easier.

What do you dislike?

I would prefer if fees could be charged on a monthly basis for all the transactions and show a detailed breakdown in the report for that period rather than deducting from each payment.

I have heard stories (through reviews) that if you get a charge back stripe can be become very nasty and suspend your account without warning putting your business in jeopardy. Although I have not had any bad experiences - the sheer volume of negative reviews out there makes me very weary about how they will behave when things go wrong. (I hope I am wrong about this)

As of Nov 2017 - stripe does not have a phone helpline - I would prefer if they did atleast for only when things go wrong.

The payouts are 7 days rolling which is much longer than any other company I know. Again this is not a deal breaker but I would prefer if this could be reduced for clients who are on the system for say 1 or 2 years and have a good track record (just a thought).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is mainly for online businesses, I think in retail POS you will find companies likes Izettle charge 1%.

Stripe is good for a business going or trading globally. For example our clients are from around the world and for payment from UK, EU including Israel and Turkey we get charged 1.4%. Now that is competitive compared to say Worldpay or the others.

Stripe pays weekly - hope this is okay for you, it should be fine for most.

If you charge is many other currencies say USD and AUD but drop payouts in a GBP account you will get stung with extra charges for conversion. Ideally you want to have bank accounts in those currencies, we use Natwest in the UK and have opened accounts in other currencies.

Through Stipe we have been able to offer credit card payment options to our customers in a flexible manner with no monthly fees. Stripe charges us per transaction and refunds fees in full when we issue refunds. This pay as you go model works well, the beauty is that our stripe account manager has promised us discounts as and when we cross certain monthly volumes. The ability to charge in euros and drop the payouts in our euro bank account is great, this also means we could do the same for aus dollars and many many more currencies when needed. We also wanted a system that can intergrate easily and stripe have hit that part very well. We are planning to eventually deploy stripe with some fraud prevention software and just found out stripe are already integrated besides Stripe has their Radar system which offers some minimal fraud prevention.

Stripe Billing review by Jaffe A.
Jaffe A.

"Stripe Review"

What do you like best?

Overall Stripe is just very easy to use. It is easy to set-up, it integrates well with a variety of platforms (for example, we collect payments through FormAssembly), and even refunds are easy. It's simple to see how much revenue you've collected and you can set how often money is transferred to your account. It also has one of the lowest fees in the industry. A very straightforward product!

What do you dislike?

It would be nice if payments were grouped by email or were more easily sorted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since there is not a monthly fee, it is very easy to set-up and experiment with Stripe. I appreciated that we could demo the product in "trial mode" and have it completely connected to our systems before taking actual payments. This is also a very simple product to set-up.

We use Stripe to collect registration payments. We are able to register participants and collect their payment through one process. The customer doesn't even know they are using multiple platforms.

Stripe Billing review by Yan H.
Yan H.

"Stripe can not and will not protect your money "

What do you like best?

Easy process, credit cards of all kinds

What do you dislike?

Im a business owner from Texas, recently i discovered that unlike other processors stripe can do noting and will do noting if some bank or card provider is stealing money out of your stripe account, i had a guest who disputed his charge stating it a fraud charge, i presented all the evidence including ID card details reservation contract emails and what ever was on the list stripe recommended, after 2 months the guest card provider who reviewed it decided that its a fraud, now if it was i wouldn't bother writing this review wouldn't i, i just want to warn you that even if you have all the necessary evidence your money is not safe and stripe will do noting to help you.

money processing

Stripe Billing review by William F.
William F.

"Seamless and Simple"

What do you like best?

I use Stripe for all of my online business transactions but most importantly for my membership business and they have been nothing but amazing! Highly recommend using Stripe for all your payment needs especially if you are looking to integrate with third party applications.

What do you dislike?

Nothing really, just the delay of receiving my funds but it's reasonable considering the alternative solution takes longer and holds my money unlike Stripe. Maybe they can improve their support and offer phone support in the near future but I understand why they don't.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just get it, ditch PayPal

It's helping me simplify and streamline my online payments and helps me save time so I can focus more on my business. Honestly, the integration aspect is awesome since it connects with my online sales software seamlessly and allows for one click up sells. Also the way they process refunds is amazing compared to other payment processors.

"Easy payment processing"

What do you like best?

I love the ability to receive payments with credit cards AND Bitcoin. With the new implementation of fraud detection tools, its now even better. I am especially impressed with the rolling 2 day deposits into my bank account and daily sales reports I can have sent to me by email or app notification.

What do you dislike?

I wish the admin panel was a bit easier to navigate - recent changes to the back end made some things a bit hard to find now. Other than that, I really have no complaints about this software.

Accepting payments easily and securely without a lot of hoops to ump thru on my end or the customers end. I have realized that for my company, Stripe is the best payment processing solution.

Stripe Billing review by Jenny G.
Jenny G.

"Great plug in for accepting payment online"

What do you like best?

Easy to install the plugin with little to no coding knowledge required. Pay per use.

What do you dislike?

Relatively high fee if you are relying on this to process large payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Secure payment gateway and user friendly to those without coding background, takes minutes to set up and get going live on your ecommerce website. Fee is competitive!

Making the check out experience smooth and painless for customers online through our website. Potential to develop subscription products.

Stripe Billing review by John D.
John D.

"Stripe is very helpful and easy to set up for payment processing"

What do you like best?

It was easy to create new account, get started, and do testing. Testing is really easy once you understand it, and the API was straightforward and friendly. I used it both as an integration and also wrote a custom script for payments, so I have experience on both sides.

Overall, it was just a simple solution that worked and did everything I expected it to.

What do you dislike?

Some of my customers don't want to pay with credit cards, and would only pay with paypal. Using stripe solves a lot of the pain of handling credit card payments, but isn't a complete solution yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Having a software dev is helpful and can come in handy if you need customization using their API

Payment processing was 80% solved with Stripe. Credit cards are used by the vast majority of people, but some people still want to pay with paypal. The benefits are striaghtforward: I don't have to worry about a payment solution, and their dashboard is a friendly UI with the necessary features, such as automatic receipt emailing and refunds.

Stripe Billing review by Matthew M.
Matthew M.

"Top Notch Free Credit Card Processing "

What do you like best?

I love that its simple and easy to use, that its free with only the base transaction fees and that their customer service is super helpful. I love its integration with Freshbooks, this is the main reason that I use it.

What do you dislike?

I wish i didn't need to sign up with Shopify just to get a free compatible card swiper for my phone and I wish they had a referral program like Square does. Also I wish they deposited funds next day like Square does, without the 2 day way period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a great simple platform for taking payments, has several good integrations with popular financial software. Money is transferred in 48 hours to your bank account.

I simply want to be able to take a credit card right there when someone hands it to me and have the money directly sent to my bank rather than having to transfer it or pay atm fees like I do with Paypal. If I want the payment and don't mind waiting an extra day or so and I will save on the atm fee, so its a win for me there.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Excellent for eCommerce customers"

What do you like best?

Managing customer payments is very simple, and provides a great deal of usability within the tool itself. Being able to manage payments is straightforward too.

What do you dislike?

The dispute process is a little pointless, as even if we provide all the evidence in the world that is overwhelming in our favour, you usually lose the dispute - and the money. Even if you do happen to win one dispute, we have to pay costs for this.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Disputes are a pain and you rarely win, even if the evidence is there in your favour. And if you do win, you pay a fee for this, which is annoying.

We needed a payment system for our eCommerce products, and this was ideal.

Stripe Billing review by Lilia B.
Lilia B.

"Awesome payment processing service"

What do you like best?

Stripe is an awesome service, I like everything about it: multi currency billing, they accept credit cards of all kind, the service always works perfectly, the website design is very clean and user experience is great, their support team is the best.

What do you dislike?

As I said, Stripe is a great service, I have no complains.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend to try Stripe, it is very easy to use and payments processing is very fast

Very fast and simple online payments

Stripe Billing review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Simple to use eCommerce platform"

What do you like best?

I like how versatile and flexible it is compared to other platforms. Very simple to implement on your website and the documentation is really clear and complete. Testing on this platform is also very easy and is very helpful towards development and testing.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it requires someone to have a decent knowledge of web development in order to use the product because then I am unable to recommend it to others freely.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I strongly recommend this product to anyone who is familiar with web development and is looking to get eCommerce functionality on to their website going. It is so customizable and the knowledge barrier threshold is kind of low given you are familiar with basic JavaScript or PHP.

We used this platform as a way to let clients pay for our services. It was very unintrusive and customizable which makes it versatile.

Stripe Billing review by Saqib J.
Saqib J.

"Good payment solution but has lots of Issues"

What do you like best?

Easy Signup

VirtualTerminal

API Integration

Verification Process

Dispute Process: Easy to provide infomation, Submit evidences and upload customer interations documents.

What do you dislike?

1. No Phone Support available at the moment.

2. 15% of Trasactions from Visa & Master Card Charges get declined even if all the information is accurate and customer may be required to call his/her bank to get the transaction approved.

3. Unable to Void the Sale and this is major problem because they are more concerned about fees.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have been around for a while now and are trying to become masters of their trade. Problem that has been solved for us is that we no longer have to rely on PayPal or take the hassle of submitting 5 Pages Applications Form for big players. Its not easy to setup reliable Payment Gateway in APAC regions but Stripe has expanded to many countries in APAC region.

We needed a secure, hosted third-party order page to maintain PCI compliance. We also needed to Integrate With API and Quickbooks.

Stripe Billing review by Greg Matthew C.
Greg Matthew C.

"Unless you have very unique business requirements, Stripe should be your first choice."

What do you like best?

Stripe has been around long enough for them to have really perfected their offering. Their feature set is quite comprehensive, yet they are easy to get started with. You can negotiate more competitive pricing once your volume increases.

What do you dislike?

Support is sometimes slow and/or not helpful. But their IRC channel is a great way to speak with their devs for dev-specific advice.

Stripe takes care of our credit card processing, fund deposits and subscription management.

Stripe Billing review by Jason E.
Jason E.

"Lets you get off and running quickly with payments"

What do you like best?

The dashboard is very straightforward and the API documentation is generally very good.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was a little bit easier to do variable cost subscription billing. For example, all of our customers pay a different monthly fee, and it seems a little bit hacky to have a base $1 subscription and change the quantity based. Also, it would be nice if there was a ready-made end-user Stripe page for our customers to choose how often they would like to be charged and to enter their credit card information right on the page.

We were able to start charging customers monthly and automatically take action when a customer stopped paying.

Stripe Billing review by Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management
Agency in Non-Profit Organization Management

"Great for receiving donations to nonprofits"

What do you like best?

This allows us to receive and manage donations in a more user friendly way that paypal.

What do you dislike?

It would be great if the percentage rates were better than paypal instead of comparable. It would be nice to have a financial incentive for using the program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are already using Paypal and do not need a better website interface for donors, I'm not entirely sure if there is a big benefit to switching to Stripe. If you are having issues with other services, Stripe is comparably priced and easy to use and pairs well with Donorbox and your personal websites.

More user-friendly website donating interface and manual deposits into bank account for accounting purposes.

Stripe Billing review by Jessica M.
Jessica M.

"I use Stripe for my recurring payment clients."

What do you like best?

Stripe is auto-integrated in a few things that we use. But I also like to go into the dashboard of Stripe itself and be able to adjust and add monthly subscription payments for my clients. I was even able to stop a payment when someone needed more time to pay without deleting the auto payment info.

What do you dislike?

I think it's a great system. I can't think of anything I would change. They only charge what any other merchant / processing company charges.

Being able to give clients discounts for one payment or even an ongoing period of time just with a coupon code.

Stripe Billing review by Andrew S.
Andrew S.

"No customer service"

What do you like best?

The features are great. Great user interface. Easy to use API. Great product!

What do you dislike?

There is absolutely no way to reach a real person at Stripe. Email support is very slow. Receiving online payments is extremely important for any business and it is not good to go with a vendor that does not provide any phone or immediate support if something goes wrong. And things will go wrong. They mistakenly flagged our account as 'fraudulent' and shut us down with no explanation or any way to reach them! Several days later they apologized for the mistake and re-activated our account. Will it happen again? I don't know. It makes me very nervous to go with a vendor that does not have better communication and process for screening its users. I prefer WePay because they have a very involved process for becoming a partner with them, which means, they value our relationship and understand that we are trustworthy partners.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Customer service is important. Does your payment gateway have a relationship with your business or is everything automated with no path to contact them? How long can you expect to wait before hearing back from someone? If your company relies on online payments, consider the customer service aspect when choosing a payment gateway vendor.

Receive online payments. It is a great user interface for our users to be able to login and see their transactions and link to their own bank account, etc.

Stripe Billing review by Justin P.
Justin P.

"Stripe subscriptions for small SaaS app"

What do you like best?

Ease of use and control. I can issue refunds, cancellations, anything I need without external approval (i'm looking at you Apple). Integration is straightforward and the documentation is excellent. Fees are low. Not sure what else I need.

What do you dislike?

I've read about higher incidence rates of fraud and payment issues, but haven't experienced them myself. Maybe specific documentation around the pure REST API, alongside the language-specific library docs, would be nice.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read up on issues others have had with fraud, but other than that, it's a great platform.

Automated subscriptions, with the ability to refund and cancel, is something that I can't realize with some other services. My business case isn't supported by Braintree, else I might have used them. Low-fee subscription payments with streamlined setup and great dev tools is a huge benefit.

Stripe Billing review by JaQuette G.
JaQuette G.

"Low fees + prompt payments"

What do you like best?

I love that unlike another payment processing provider I use, Stripe promptly transfers my payments to my bank account each month.

What do you dislike?

I know I can't get around it, but processing fees add up.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can't get around having to pay fees. At least with Stripe, your customers can safely make payments that you receive in a timely manner.

My customers are able to safely make payments for physical products, digital products, and services rendered.

Stripe Billing review by User

"Wish I'd found Stripe sooner!"

What do you like best?

I like that I can accept payments in virtually any currency. This boosts my sales as it creates less of a hassle and no extra charges for my paying customers.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that I can't receive payments into an online checking account because you must use a bank with a physical address.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Get it, especially if you're tired of dealing with checks for your payment type.

It makes getting paid easy and hassle-free. I don't even have to think about it because I don't have to worry about waiting to receive checks in the mail.

Stripe Billing review by Tapan J.
Tapan J.

"Best payment processor for mobile payments"

What do you like best?

Stripe is so confident of the product and offerings that they provide full support in migrating the customer credit card data in a secured manner if the merchant decides to switch to another service provider. And this data export is completely free of cost. This is very important consideration for me while choosing a payment processor as I might get stuck with it due to unforeseen changes in future and not able to migrate the customer financial data has a lot of repercussions.

What do you dislike?

There is no customer support available over a telephone line and they don't respond to emails for a long time. I have felt helpless in such circumstances. Also, their verification systems and security algorithms are not as robust as of Paypal.

I use it to process payments for an online marketplace which requires payments to be split between the marketplace and the merchant in real time after the payment is processed. The marketplace also requires a mechanism to charge a monthly fee from merchants selling on marketplace. I was looking for a solution which is easy to scale and can work well both on web and mobile platforms. With Stripe, the payments are split as soon as they are accepted and the merchants need not wait for batch processing.

Stripe Billing review by Steven T.
Steven T.

"Amazing payment tool that has served most of our payment needs"

What do you like best?

Stripe is easy to use and integrate and has a fairly straight forward process for finding customers, looking at latest transactions and receiving notifications. Cancellations or refunds are fairly easy to manage and quickly accessible directly to customer account or transaction through search. They provide a decent mobile app for reporting uses. You can try it out through the demo which doesn't even require a registered account! Its also amazing that supposedly Stripe can accept payments from over a hundred countries. Their developer API is also a key strength.

What do you dislike?

The mobile app could be a lot more feature rich and robust. The fact that Baremetrics is needed because Stripe by itself lacks many of the features Baremetrics offer is a shame. We still get customers who don't or can't process things through Stripe on occasion and utilize PayPal as a backup which is something I wish we could resolve with users with an offering from Stripe itself. If there are transactions that don't process, it would be great if the reasoning was more clear.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Definitely give it a try and play with the demo

It has allowed us to charge users for one time payments as well as recurring payments and gets the job done well so no complaints here.

Stripe Billing review by George C.
George C.

"Great for simplicity, not so great for complexity"

What do you like best?

Stripe is really easy to integrate in a variety of different languages. The services takes minutes to setup and has a fully featured test environment, which allows you to guarantee payments are working before pushing to production.

The other main strong point is reliability. Stripe hardly (if-ever) goes down. They are very responsive on support, and even in the rare case that something breaks, they are very responsive to fixing it. I had a case where a stripe update broke the api for my service. It turned out that the problem was a rare edge-case in the stripe api but that didn't prevent them from helping me resolve the issue as quickly as possible.

What do you dislike?

Stripe offers great capabilities for offering discounts if you use subscriptions. If you are using charges for non-subscription based sales/services, the discounts/coupons are non-existant. For example say you wanted to offer a half-off discount on a $99 purchase, you'd have to manually calculate what 50% off a $99 purchase would be manually, and then charge a user for that amount.

Another problem I have with stripe is the lack of being able to send a client a direct invoice. According to their documentation you can, but the process could be easier for business users. Like the aforementioned problems, this is mainly a problem with stripe focusing almost exclusively on subscriptions.

I also don't like being forced to include the stripe javascript. This can be frustrating if you are trying to do server-side payments. The stripe javascript is required for both use cases of 1. using the stripe checkout modal or 2. implementing your own stripe checkout workflow. This dependency is a bit cumbersome at times.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to accept payments based on a recurring subscription, it's fantastic... just so long as that's the only thing you want to do.

Pretty obviously the case is accepting payments. Stripe doesn't provide anything different in terms of functionality, and it doesn't really offer anything more. The dashboard is nice to look at, and I'm sure if you wanted to be extra data-centric there are some extra things you could do, but I don't really use any of that.

Stripe Billing review by Matthew G.
Matthew G.

"So much better than paypal. "

What do you like best?

It really is a payment processor built for developers. Integration is easy, analytics and notifications are equally on point. It does a good, simple overview of your transactions and makes it easy to query a purchase. You can set up and edit recurring payments as well as trials very easy, the manual edits are something I take for granted because you don't think about it but you have to make changes very often. Fees are on par for the industry. We run thousands a month through stripe as a backup to PayPal.

What do you dislike?

Not much really, I've always had an easy time with stripe. I wish that maybe they had an account system like paypal as a majority of our customers still prefer paypal since their information is only a login away and they don't need to have their card on hand. Sometimes we don't know if square can do something (e.g. Edit a recurring payment amount or change start date) until we try it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it, the integration is a breeze and your paid conversion will increase if you only run paypal now. They should be run side by side as some people only pay with PayPal and some won't pay with it.

Taking payments sucks and can take a substantial engineering force to build and maintain. This takes the suck out of it. As well insights and analytics usually suck from other providers, Stripe improves that experience as well.

Stripe Billing review by Thibault M.
Thibault M.

"The simplest and best solution for payment for developers"

What do you like best?

Everything. From the very well documented API to the hassle free way to deal with payment. I mean, it's just the developers heaven. Everything is API, all the actions in the dashboard comes with the description in terms of which endpoint with which parameters and so on ...

What do you dislike?

Maybe more flexibility to get reports, to give access through API to them to be able to feed the accountant systems would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it ! Use it ! It's so easy to use and integrate that it would be a shame to not trying it.

Implementing bank gateway (I look at you SagePay) is everytime a really p** in the a** but this is really simple. From simple payment gateway to subscribtion management it's just super simple.

Stripe Billing review by User in Computer Software

"Easy to use, fun to use, simple and accurate."

What do you like best?

I love Stripe. It is easy to look up payments and find out who paid what when. It is fun to use because you are getting paid and getting paid fast! It is also nice to be able to trust a system that directly affects your reporting.

What do you dislike?

Onboarding was a little tough. But once you figure things out, it becomes easier. Kind of tough to look up dates paid. If you have the last 4 of the card used, that is much easier.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Do it! It is fun to use, will make taking payments easier on you and your staff, and will make you excited to look at graphs and reports. I also enjoy showing others how to use it within the company.

taking payments, reporting, refunding. I have realized the benefit of reliability. I trust Stripe to get the job done and get the job done right.

Stripe Billing review by Jake B.
Jake B.

"Easy-to-use, fully-featured payment gateway – a no-brainer for startups"

What do you like best?

Stripe provides a clear, clean end-user interface that works perfectly across all desktop and mobile operating systems that we've tested it on.

For integration with my company's systems, Stripe provided comprehensive documentation, a plethora of examples across multiple programming languages, as well as language libraries. All these things made integration a breeze (we managed to go from early prototype to production-ready system in a matter of hours).

Stripe provides plenty of features so I feel confident that it could stretch to our future needs as our business grows and caters to more end-users (eg if we decide to start accepting Bitcoin). The reporting tools are nice and clear.

What do you dislike?

Stripe's charging model isn't well-suited for taking small payments (those less than $5) from users, as the Stripe charges consume a disproportionately large amount of the revenue.

My company is provides a prepaid wallet for online reading. We use Stripe to allow readers to add credit to their wallets using their credit cards. Using Stripe allowed us to implement payments quickly and move on to core product improvements.

Stripe Billing review by Benjamin M.
Benjamin M.

"Very good product and low fees but support could be better"

What do you like best?

- low fees

- UI convenient and easy to use

What do you dislike?

- All good as long as it works, but if you have an issue, the support is a bit long (at least for small businesses)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Good option with low fees and permanent update of features

We needed an extra payment solution on top of Paypal, Stripe is responding perfectly to this need.

Stripe Billing review by Shandi T.
Shandi T.

"Great credit card processing system overall"

What do you like best?

The sleek and simplistic dashboard make managing incoming funds easy. It also partners with my website platform and billing platform making it very universal

What do you dislike?

The percentage they take with each credit card processing. It is the same as many others yes, however I wish they were more competitive in that regard for their market

Being able to accept online payments from clients

Stripe Billing review by Kristian M.
Kristian M.

"Seamless Integration & Great For Developers"

What do you like best?

Stripe is incredibly flexible, can be completely customised with no Stripe branding, it's simple and easy to integrate. And for developers is very modern and quick to integrate with new and existing systems in a wide range of different languages!

What do you dislike?

There's not much that I dislike about Stripe, it has everything I need at a low level.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking to build your own fully integrated system, then Stripe probably checks many of the boxes you're looking for in a payment gateway. However, if you're looking to get off the ground quickly with a myriad of extra features, it may not work for you to get all those features implemented quickly.

Created an eCommerce website from scratch, Stripe has allowed me to quickly accept payments with my own branding, I'm able to handle errors gracefully and always keep the user informed. It's also simple to be PCI compliant with the use of tokenization.

Stripe Billing review by Stephan L.
Stephan L.

"Pain-free payment solution"

What do you like best?

Setting up the account did not require printing out any forms, everything was done online. Integration can be a bit more complicated than just forwarding the customer to an external payment page, but everything is very well documented. Once Stripe was set up, we quickly abandoned our previous payment gateway because Stripe was simply much better and less expensive.

Stipe does not use 3D Secure! This is great for us because a significant number of our customers (up to 20% in some markets) abandoned the payment process when faced with 3D Secure.

Also, just today Strip lowered our rates following the EU cap on credit card fees without me even having to ask. With other merchant gateways, you might have to renegotiate your contract to profit from lower fees.

What do you dislike?

Stripe integration relies heavily on JavaScript. However, this did not actually prevent any customers from making their payments (as far as I can tell).

We're using Stripe during checkout in our web shop as one of several payment options.

Stripe Billing review by Clayton M.
Clayton M.

"Hands down the most robust and simple payment gateway"

What do you like best?

I have been using stripe since the company was in it's infancy. From the beginning, they have made developers their number one priority. There motto was something like "made by developers for developers" which always resonated well with me. Since I have progressed from PHP to C and Ruby, Stripe has always been my payment gateway of choice. Any time I have had to support any other payment gateway, I have cringed as many alternatives are riddled with needles process, poorly documented tools, and have taken way more work.

What do you dislike?

I have very few complaints. I have never had issues with the technical implementation, but years ago I created an application that processed nearly thousands of dollars in a very short amount of time, and they froze the account suspecting it of fraud. It did take some weeks to resolve, but I also don't put the blame entirely on them.

I use stripe regularly for client work. I'm a consultant and freelancer, often helping startups get an idea to market as quickly as possible. Stripe is competitive with their rates, making it an easy choice for startups, and their services also scale and test incredibly well, making them a viable option that the client will rarely ever outgrow.

Stripe Billing review by David S.
David S.

"Stripe has been a simple, powerful tool enabling low risk payment acceptance in our SaaS product"

What do you like best?

Stripe's simple dashboard and extensive API are Stripe's best features. Their documentation on their API is well written and easy to use and follow. Their testability is also excellent: for example, you have a test API key and a live API key, it's simple to use the test API key for test environments so you can ensure that your integration with Stripe is functioning correctly, both ways. Then, without having to change code (only configuration) you can deploy production confidently knowing that everything will function the same way, just with real monetary transactions.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I don't like about Stripe is how API upgrades currently work. The effect of upgrading the API through the dashboard isn't very clear and makes me nervous about switching versions without being able to switch test version first and then production version (to insure compatibility and function).

Recommendations to others considering the product

A recommendation for considering Stripe would be simplicity and compliance risk exposure. Stripe also provides fantastic API and Webhook events that allow two-way integration into any level of customized system. Stripe can easily be used to power a subscription, purchase, or metered workflow (these are all workflows I use Stripe for myself).

The business problem I'm solving is collecting payment for a subscription service that also has a metered component. What Stripe has provided that we've been able to realize is it's simplicity both in use, reporting, cashflow, and compliance. PCI Compliance is a heavy burden for small to midsize companies and Stripe provides many functions for lessening the PCI compliance burden.

Stripe Billing review by John P.
John P.

"The simplest API to integrate with!"

What do you like best?

Stripe is the absolute simplest API for integrating software. Within a day, we had connected our site to the api and started taking payments from customers. With the togglable sandbox and test cards it was simple to code, test, repeat until we had everything we wanted figured out. We are using Stripe checkout which gave us a simple interface right away, and we were able to configure it to work with multiple currencies. The Stripe admin portal is straightforward to use even for non-technical people and make it easy to search for customers. It's also nice that there is an out of the box receipt email you can use. There is a detailed log interface, and you can dig into change to your account, either from the interface or from webhooks.

What do you dislike?

The onboarding could be improved. We thought we were all setup, but then we got an email asking for proof of identity. Also, their form to connect with LinkedIn didn't work and there were problems entering our address. Outside of the initial trouble getting it setup it's run smoothly without us ever having to talk to Stripe support.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I've used Stripe, Braintree, Paypal, and Square - Stripe is definitely the best of the bunch.

Stripe has taken our median time to payments from an average of 47 days down to within a week. It's allowed us to take credit card payments and we're hoping to add ACH soon.

Stripe Billing review by Jim R.
Jim R.

"Fast and simple integration with many platforms, tons of community support"

What do you like best?

Without a doubt, my favorite part about Stripe is that it makes accepting payments incredibly simple from both a development and business perspective.

Until Stripe, you had to deal with so much administrative work to receive payment for products and services (Applying for a Merchant account with your bank, signing up and setting up a payment gateway, integrating with said gateway, etc).

Stripe has centralized all of that, and you can get started in less than 30 minutes. They really go out of their way to get you to accepting your first dollar as painlessly as possible.

I can't say enough about the tools they provide in order to remove complexity and worry from you, as someone who just wants to get paid and not worry about PCI compliance, and data encryption. Stripe just works, period. From their open source server-side SDKs that you can plug directly into your code, to their Javascript API for initializing payment, to their open source javascript library for credit card identification and validation, and their pre-built library for accepting payments by writing less than 20 lines of code - Stripe has you covered.

Like I said, Stripe just works and they are work really hard to make it easy for you to go from nothing to accepting your first dollar as fast as humanly possible.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to say here, Stripe is doing so much right and they've removed so much pain...any annoyance is minor by comparison. Their documentation is pretty amazing, they have open source SDKs, the community support for them and FROM them is amazing, they provide you everything you need.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you need/want to own the entire payment experience, Stripe is at the top of the list for consideration. The flexibility and capabilities are top-notch and they are second to no one.

We use Stripe to make accepting payments painless. In that regard, it is out of this world fantastic and has saved tons of headaches.

Stripe provides a back end management panel that lets you view every API transaction - allowing you to easily dive in and troubleshoot issues very quickly. They provide exports, so you don't have to write them yourself. They allow for multiple entities (EINs) to receive payments with, and multiple user accounts & user permissions to share different parts of the management interface with different users.

All of this translates into time savings. Less time worrying about managing payments, and more time spent figuring out how to get paid more.

Stripe Billing review by Hajime Branko Y.
Hajime Branko Y.

"Payment gateway that doesn't make it look like a chore"

What do you like best?

I've used a few different payment gateways as well as banks for processing payment. Even wrote a NodeJS client for one of the gateways. I won't do a side-by-side comparison with each of them, but I'll just say this. *No* other gateway came close to making integration as simple as Stripe. Some of them even had excellent docs. Stripe has it too. But more than the docs, more than it's helpful support, more than the easy to use dashboard, it just has the sweetest payment gateway API you could wish.

Nowadays, when I have a new project, Stripe integration is routine and I worry about it as much as I worry about setting up source-control or brewing my morning coffee.

What do you dislike?

To be honest I can't really think of anything I dislike about Stripe. If I really had to name something, perhaps the fact there are still countries out there that I can't use Stripe in?

Recommendations to others considering the product

Be sure to read the documentation first. Every gateway does things a bit differently, and understanding Stripe's naming conventions and internal logic will help you get a fast and painless integration.

I have used Stripe for anything ranging from quick donation form using Stripe's paste-and-go Checkout feature, to slightly more complex payment systems involving subscriptions and discounts. In most cases, it was about getting products out of the door as fast as possible without cutting corners with security and user experience, and I think Stripe was a good fit for those scenarios.

Stripe Billing review by Steve B.
Steve B.

"We used Stripe for our subscription box business"

What do you like best?

Stripe is best-in-class for processing payment online, and their subscriptions service is also the best.

What do you dislike?

Honestly I can't think of anything I don't like about Stripe, period.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The only other option, in my opinion, is Braintree. I'm a current user of Braintree and I find the API and their web tools more confusing than Stripe's. I will use Stripe for my next project, for sure.

We needed a way to charge our customers every month for their subscription box. We were also able to build some great reporting dashboards internally to better predict revenue growth and product ordering for upcoming months based on data that Stripe makes available to you as a developer via Web Hooks.

Stripe Billing review by Christophe G.
Christophe G.

"Online payment that just works"

What do you like best?

Stripe is easy to set up and manage. Yet it is also powerful and reliable.

All you need is there and just works like you would expect : plans, coupons, subscriptions, receipts, refunds, etc.

There are many tools that can be plugged on Stripe to provide additional stuff like SaaS metrics analytics.

We initially built a payment application internally because Stripe was not available in Europe at that time... and we nearly killed our startup because of that. As a SaaS company you should not build you own payment application.

Then, we introduced a secondary offer with payment based on Stripe, and are currently fully moving all payments to Stripe.

For us Stripe is the perfect fit for credit card payment and subscription.

What do you dislike?

A minor dislike is you need to set up an invoicing solution to produce invoices, VAT reports, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can go without any question

We rely on Stripe to collect customer subscriptions in full confidence. We can now fully focus on building our collaboration application.

A full time equivalent was gained on our team, plus the upgrade flow is so much simpler.

Stripe Billing review by Michael M.
Michael M.

"A powerful, easy-to-use payment gateway with an incredible API"

What do you like best?

As a developer, I love Stripe for how easy it is to use and integrate with. I built several apps using Stripe, both as side projects and professionally. Each time, my experience has been positive and that is mostly attributed to their extremely well-written API and documentation. I have used WePay and Authorize.net in the past and I would gladly choose Stripe for my needs.

What do you dislike?

Honestly, nothing yet. I haven't come across a situation where Stripe fell short. That being said, I've only had to use Stripe in web apps that didn't require complex payment solutions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

My experience with Stripe has been limited to web applications and I would 100% recommend it to anyone in need of a payment provider.

I use Stripe as a payment gateway solution for all my web applications. I enjoy the benefits of easy integration, a really nice web interface, an easy-to-use API, and superbly-written API docs.

Stripe Billing review by Epebinu O.
Epebinu O.

"Simple and powerful payment processing platform"

What do you like best?

As a developer, i never knew i could easily integrate a web application with a payment system until i met Stripe, easy to integrate.

I was surprised that i can customize my payment process myself and giving my customer the best experience.

Stripe API is well documented which helped us cut short the learning process to get our business running.

I can say simplesity was achieved while using Stripe

What do you dislike?

During the time of integration with my web application projects, i had to design my own receipt or invoice by myself, but i still love it as it gave me room for my own custom invoice

Recommendations to others considering the product

As a web developer, i think Stripe is the best choice when it comes to recurring bill and fast payment processor,.

Making payment process as easy as it shoiuld be and Stripe gave us all we need to get it running with ease

Stripe Billing review by Lisa F.
Lisa F.

"My Experience with Stripe"

What do you like best?

I only pay when I make sales as there is no monthly charge. Also with this option I can refund my clients when needed without incurring extra fees for it. The interface to review and interact with my clients is very straightforward. Other providers require a payment gateway and Stripe does not which makes things much simpler to have one provider that deals with the payments instead of two.

What do you dislike?

I have no complaints at this time. It does what I need it to.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I meets my needs for straight sales and is great for an online business, I am happy with this provider.

This serves as the solution for my merchant processing needs for my online business. Stripe directly integrates with my Shopify E-Commerce site. I was extremely happy to see how simple it was to get it up and running so quickly (less than a day).

Stripe Billing review by Eben M.
Eben M.

"Good for processing payments, less so for managing subscriptions"

What do you like best?

Simple and powerful integration for securely processing payments.

What do you dislike?

Can be quite finicky for managing subscriptions, for example moving customers between plans with different payment terms (eg monthly to annual).

Recommendations to others considering the product

Bear in mind you may need to use some other tools make it work correctly with your accounting and subscription management.

Secure and reliable processing are absolutely vital to a SaaS company.

Stripe Billing review by Ran A.
Ran A.

"Great payment solution"

What do you like best?

Clean interface, easy to use and implement on a website, the dashboard is easy to use and understand, ability to create plans and coupons. Its all there

What do you dislike?

The most recent payments tab doesn't tell you what the customer paid for, you have to dig if you want to find out.

Recommendations to others considering the product

absoloutly, much better than anything i know in the market. Had paypal for years and switching was easy and smooth. HIghly recommended payment gateway.

Great payment solution especially if you are selling subscription, the auto renewal feature is great and easy to setup.

Stripe Billing review by User in Apparel & Fashion
User in Apparel & Fashion

"Stripe is not User Friendly and Lacks Adequate Customer Support"

What do you like best?

Stripe has been a payment processor for our marketplace for about a year now but there are several issues with it so right now, I wouldn't say I like much about it. I would recommend another payment processor for more complicated marketplaces. If you are a small business that does not have a complicated marketplace, Stripe might work for you.

What do you dislike?

1) Customer Support: They do not offer customer support over the phone and sometimes it takes over 48 hours to receive a response via their email customer support. Responses are often vague and despite urgent situations, they refuse to offer any sort of support over the phone.

2) Account Verification: For accounts that surpass KYC thresholds, Stripe will ask for additional information, however sometimes they are not clear about what information is missing. For example, they will ask for a photo ID and full SSN and the account will still not be verified because the legal name was listed incorrectly but Stripe will not communicate that on their dashboard.

3) Stripe is not user friendly. It is made for people with a tech background. For me, it has been hard to understand issues with accounts and even more difficult to trace money and understand where it has gone.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please test Stripe's ease of use before purchasing this project. It may not work for your ecommerce site or marketplace due to the lack of support, difficult to navigate the tool, and integrations.

We have had more issues then benefits with Stripe. We are looking at another payment processor.

Stripe Billing review by David R.
David R.

"Easy to use, awesome documentation and quick to help if needed"

What do you like best?

Their API's and documentation are very good and the number of supported platforms is easily the best out there. They were also one of the first companies to support Apple Pay and implement it in a very easy to use manner.

What do you dislike?

Their response time to issues on GitHub can sometimes be quite slow but if you have an issue which is stopping it working then they are lightning quick.

Recommendations to others considering the product

They have a very strong online support community both on IRC and on GitHub and being very widely used there are usually other people that have solved the same issues you have seen

I use Stripe for processing payments in a number of small projects, it allows me to take payments without any of the hassle of PCI requirements and I can be up and running in a matter of minutes.

Stripe Billing review by Austin R.
Austin R.

"Stripe does an excellent job tracking and evaluating the risk of the transactions that come in."

What do you like best?

Our organization likes the ability to see our payment history in a graphic way. The charts that Stripe provides are detailed and neat.

What do you dislike?

I would like it if fraudulent customers wouldn't be counted towards the total customer count or payments.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't log fraudulent payments as the daily total.

They handle all of our credit card processing needs

Stripe Billing review by Echo W.
Echo W.

"Stripe is a perfect platform for payments!"

What do you like best?

I like that Stripe is easy to use, easy to find payments from your customers with minimal information, and very easy to refund.

What do you dislike?

I don't like that customers information can be completely removed (such as their name) once they remove their card information. It makes it difficult to find specific customers if they've removed their information but also disputed a payment.

We are solving financial problems but using Stripe because it's the easiest and fastest way for our customers to pay us. It's also very safe!

Stripe Billing review by Christiano F.
Christiano F.

"The GoTo for E-Commerce"

What do you like best?

No monthly fees with a reasonable processing charge online under 2.5%. Only pay processing fees if the transaction goes through with no extra costs. You don't lose money with this offering.

Lastly the back-end interface enabling partial and full refunds to any customer for any card relating to any transaction remains extremely user friendly.

What do you dislike?

The payment delay of processing of seven days which understandably is associate to their refund policy that does not charge you for processing partial or full refunds to a client. Double-edged sword here.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Client friendly policies designed to build trust with the user. Make a profit on the value provided without creating costs associated with every variation that could occur from processing. Simple, effective, affordable. Sold.

The refund functionality and ease of use alone grants this tool an excellent choice for E-Commerce. Quick dispute resolution remains essential when conducting business in an automated environment since no relationship is formed with the client.

E-Commerce merchant services. Payment processing + gateway which Stripe offers as a built-in combo.

Stripe Billing review by Marc G G.
Marc G G.

"Efficient and simple to implement"

What do you like best?

Stripe provides a very easy way to setup payment on your website. You see right away that it's designed for developers and is generally way better than what older payment providers or banks offer.

It's also very stable and I never had issues with payments getting "lost" as I have seen with other providers.

What do you dislike?

A few years back I didn't like that they didn't have 3DS in Europe, but it's now fixed.

Overall there's nothing that I dislike per se.

Recommendations to others considering the product

You can easily set up on a test project to figure out if it'll work for you.

I'm selling a service with a monthly fee based on usage. With Stripe we managed to avoided having the whole payment logic in our app and only need to send events to stripe.

Stripe Billing review by Jeremy K.
Jeremy K.

"Perfect solution for small business payment processing"

What do you like best?

I like the competitive pricing and the ease of integration into my e-commerce platform.

What do you dislike?

I've used Stripe for 5 years. To date, I've had no issues with them.

Stripe provides me the means to bill all my clients online and offer them the convenience of payment by credit card.

Stripe Billing review by D. Marshall L.
D. Marshall L.

"Exceptionally simple to accept credit card payments, and so much more."

What do you like best?

The API documentation is very extensive, offering super-simple methods (in the programming language of your choice) to use test credentials to experiment with the API. Anything you can do live, you can do in testing mode. This makes it trivial to move a testing environment to a live environment.

What do you dislike?

No phone number to contact, although the e-mail support is incredibly quick, sporting 20-30 minute response times during the week, in my experience.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's quite advisable to use a supported language (Ruby, Python, PHP, etc), because the libraries are so well-tested and comprehensive. Moreover, the examples provided by Stripe.com are excellent.

I use Stripe for a large professional association (12,000+ members) membership registration. Stripe makes it quite simple and convenient to allow new registrations and tracking of current members.

Stripe Billing review by Danielle W.
Danielle W.

"using stripe to fulfill payments and manage customers auto ship accounts. "

What do you like best?

I like that I can do so many things such as refund, view past payments or even partially refund.

What do you dislike?

I dislike that it does log me out from time to time.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is very flexible and lets you manage a customers payments.

We are managing customers payments.

Stripe Billing review by Chris F.
Chris F.

"Experience with Stripe"

What do you like best?

I really liked stripes development API, everything was very easy to get working. I was using the PHP api, and made a lot of use out of the very helpful stripe webhooks.

What do you dislike?

I didn't really have any major problems with stripe, however two of the projects I worked with recently ended up using braintree over stripe because of the integrations into paypal.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Stripe is a great credit card processor. The development API's are great and everything worked very solid.

I would only recommend them more if they had a paypal interface. But they are better at credit cards than braintree.

I was building a subscription service. It was very nice to build on stripes api and getting this built was a breeze.

Stripe Billing review by User in Broadcast Media
User in Broadcast Media

"Easy to use payment platform"

What do you like best?

Stripe makes it easy to collect payments

What do you dislike?

There is a delay when payment hits bank account..otherwise, I love Stipe!

We used to do WireTransfers with our business. A lot of customers did not like the process of a wire transfer and therefore, we would lose out on business. With Stripe, I can collect a customers credit card info over the phone. Not only do most of our clients prefer this method, but we also find that we are able to increase sales!

Stripe Billing review by Donald G.
Donald G.

"A developer friendly, easy to use product. "

What do you like best?

The developer API is extremely simple to work with. Being able to read the docs and understand exactly what's going on was a big plus. Writing a PHP implementation of the API was very simple and straightforward.

What do you dislike?

The main thing I disliked was the lack of a thorough PHP API when I first started with the system. But that's remedies now.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out. You'll be pleasantly surprised.

Decreased developer time for concept to completion on any project where we've used Stripe thanks to our PHP API for Stripe has given us great returns on our investment. We've used the system everywhere from simple one time payments to an entire subscription based recurring profile system. It just works everywhere.

Stripe Billing review by User in Consumer Services
User in Consumer Services

"Tracks what I need to gain valuable insight."

What do you like best?

Stripe makes it easy to query information about our app users and download the results to a .csv for further analysis. I can save queries for later and run them to get updated results anytime I want. The dashboard gives me a good overview of transactions that have gone through and how much revenue we are bringing in through the app.

What do you dislike?

It can be hard to run complicated queries in Stripe as it doesn't support all querying functions that I want. Usually, I don't have a problem.

Stripe helps me to identify the transactional habits of our users. It gives more richness to the data that we are already collecting and helps us to enhance our analysis.

Stripe Billing review by Tom C.
Tom C.

"Stripe is THE best platform for developers to integrate credit card payments into an app"

What do you like best?

Stripe has taken what used to be an extremely cumbersome, time consuming, and security nightmare for a developer into an extremely easy to integrate platform where developers don't have to worry about security and PCI compliance because stripe handles all of the hard parts including storing the credit card information on their servers.

The documentation that Stripe provides is also very good and API libraries exist for many different programming languages and frameworks.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike about Stripe. The ease of integration, documentation, and subscription features are done very well.

I've integrated stripe into multiple SaaS platforms and it makes not only one time credit card payments simple, but also managing recurring subscriptions.

Stripe Billing review by Luis Miguel M.
Luis Miguel M.

"Great service overall, very happy with stripe"

What do you like best?

The REST api is one of the best features of stripe, its easy to integrate into your backend, and easy to test, using the sandbox environment. Setting up plans and subscribing users is really easy to do, prorating works great so far

What do you dislike?

The process to dispute and handle chargebacks as well as support, it seems like support is understaffed, they take forever to reply. Reporting is not the best also...

Recommendations to others considering the product

Read the documentation, its very detailed and almost all of your questions will be answered there!

One time charges to Credit cards, but also plan/subscription management, the integration effort is minimal and the service is realiable (so far). Coupons and proration work great

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Telecommunications
Administrator in Telecommunications

"Versatile payment gateway, Great for developers!"

What do you like best?

Stripe makes it extremely easy to gather payment information and collect the money. You can use their embedded forms for fast deployment, or you can use their JavaScript library and build your own custom payment pages. The API is fast and reliable too.

Developers will love how easy it is to switch from Live to Test accounts. This makes testing extremely easy and reliable. No need to charge a real credit card to test!

What do you dislike?

I do not have any dislikes towards Stripe. My experience has been extremely good. The only thing I have not used is their subscriptions and webhooks so I am not sure if they have any faults in these areas.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I have used Recurly and Stripe. I would recommend Stripe because of the ease of use and creating your own custom billing pages is a brease. Also switching between Live and Test accounts is extremely easy and helpful for testing and debugging.

I needed to charge my customers on demand and 1-time. I also had to allow them to save their billing for future payments. Their JS library allowed me to create my own custom payment page that matched my application a lot better. They send me a token and I use that to charge my customer with PHP in the backend. This setup allows me to remain fully PCI compliant since none of the billing info hits my servers.

Stripe Billing review by Consultant in Computer Software
Consultant in Computer Software

"Well documented simple and consistent API"

What do you like best?

The documentation on all the API endpoints is phenomenal - having examples in various languages and with Curl makes it very easy to figure out how to use features. This combined with the fact that the API itself is well designed and following standard REST principles makes it a pleasure to use. It also means that it can be used from any language or platform (including one liner Curl commands!).

What do you dislike?

Subscriptions could be a little more flexible. I've had uses where we wanted to be able to vary the amount of payment but track the plans together (as they are getting the same thing, just paying a slightly different amount), and we had to create different plans in order to accommodate this. Creating plans is easy through the API, so it wasn't a huge hassle, but it would have been easier if the payment amount could have been changes on a per-subscription basis.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Worth using!

One time payments and subscriptions for magazines. The development costs were vastly lower than earlier solutions built on top of Authorize and/or Paypal.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

"Elegant API, brilliant solution to the problem of e-commerce PCI compliance"

What do you like best?

A client needed me to build a custom e-commerce solution from scratch. There are two ways of doing this, prior to Stripe. 1: Store or submit credit card information on your server, giving you full control in your application to manage all aspects of the payment process, but be required to deal with the increasingly complex security concerns of PCI compliance. This is a full-time job, or forget about it and risk being fined or have your information hacked. 2) Use Paypal's gimmicky shopping cart embed and send your customer off to another server, losing the ability to hold card information or maintain the transaction process within your domain.

Stripe came up with a brilliant solution, effectively offshoring all PCI compliant concerns to their server, while opening up the details and possible actions of that process in an elegant API. Card information is submitted by javascript from the customer's browser directly to Stripe, so you never have to touch the sensitive information. All you have to worry about is a solid SSL certificate on your server. Stripe then allows your application to interact with Stripe behind the scenes and display and store relevant information in your own way.

What do you dislike?

Nothing that I am aware of. I think that this software is built by innovative minds concerned about actual engineering issues, rather than being a for-profit business.

Custom E-commerce. Total control of the gateway without having to worry about security or PCI compliance.

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Internet
Administrator in Internet

"Payment made easy"

What do you like best?

Stripe provides a simple API allowing to perform (recurrent) payment. The time to use per bank system is over ! No more long documentation reading, if you can consume an API, then it will be straightforward.

What do you dislike?

As a PHP developper, the only thing I didn't like much was the code quality of the official library (https://github.com/stripe/stripe-php). They have choosen to use (sometimes) magical behaviors instead of taking time to upgrade it as the API evolves.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want to save time on implementing complex billing systems, then you can go for it !

I came up using Stripe for a project that needed standard payments and it was pretty easy to implement : one hour without any Stripe API knowledge.

Then again, the same project had to deal with free trial periods of a month before becoming a monthly subscription. Implementing this step took one extra hour at most with the API documentation.

Stripe Billing review by Jennifer C.
Jennifer C.

"Integrated with my practice sof"

What do you like best?

That I can integrate it with my practice software.

What do you dislike?

That it takes 2-3 days to get funds to my account.

Ability to accept credit cards and integrate with my practice software.

Stripe Billing review by User in Computer Software

"Easy setup but expensive"

What do you like best?

Set up and integration was incredibly easy, all people we talked at stripe were very professional and knew what they were doing.

What do you dislike?

The rates and flexibility could have been better. As a sales facilitator, we were able to negotiate better terms with a lot of stripes competitors but not with stripe and we end up using mostly another payment providers.

Charging our small customers and providing payment opportunities for them through our software as payment facilitators

Stripe Billing review by User

"Best payment solution for startups"

What do you like best?

The best API on a market. Easy to integrate and use.

What do you dislike?

Pricing is higher then normal. But it is ok for small business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

try demo first

payment solution for our clients

Stripe Billing review by Russell S.
Russell S.

"Excellent gateway system"

What do you like best?

Speed

Ease of use

Look and feel

Competitive fees

What do you dislike?

I like it all! I can't say much on this subject as I have issues with the software at all.

Online and offline payments

Stripe Billing review by Thomas M.
Thomas M.

"You shouldn't consider this as your first option"

What do you like best?

Quick account setup. Lots of available integration.

What do you dislike?

No "investment" by Stripe in you. Account is so easy to setup that they are very quick to close your account at the slightest perception of problems with literally no advance notice and no opportunity for resolution. Stripe is notorious for making claims concerning "fraudulent charges" where none exists nor had been submitted.

Recommendations to others considering the product

e-onlinedata, Payline

Continuity of business through a proper merchant account. By establishing a merchant account through a more "traditional" method you'll find that the account requires much more scrutiny of your business and possibly personal information (depending on your business size and age) which in turn creates an "investment" in you and your business and in turn you can maintain continuity of payment deposits without the concern for being dropped after an algorithm determines to close your account immediately.

Stripe Billing review by User in Marketing and Advertising

"Great, modern product for billing needs"

What do you like best?

I like the clean interface and for the most part, things are intuitive to use from a UI perspective.

What do you dislike?

I wish they had real-time support - live chat would be really helpful sometimes. There are some really strange things that can happen within our billing framework (subscriptions resetting, bizarre surprise charges out of nowhere), but that may have just as much to do with our API use - I didn't build that part of the framework. Disputes can take a long time to be resolved.

It gives us a cloud-based solution for billing our customers, and despite only having email support, I've always received a response, eventually.

Stripe Billing review by Catalin R.
Catalin R.

"Integration went smoothly"

What do you like best?

After trying out different solution we finally stuck with Stripe. They offered great customer support and were really flexible in accommodating specific needs.

What do you dislike?

They're missing a feature for custom invoices, so you need to find a different solution for custom invoices.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Compared to other product we evaluated, they were really welcoming with companies that had more than 50% of their clients from the US.

We managed to implement payments for our website with Stripe.

Stripe Billing review by Christopher P.
Christopher P.

"Essential billing app"

What do you like best?

I love how many platforms Stripe can connect to and how’ve easy it is to get it running quickly.

What do you dislike?

How hard it is to customize credit card forms, which require a developer.

Collecting revenue

Stripe Billing review by Administrator in Consumer Services
Administrator in Consumer Services

"Stripe is seamless"

What do you like best?

The ease of looking up transactions and refunding, the information presented about the customer's payment environment, and the customer support.

What do you dislike?

There isn't anything I dislike about Stripe

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best way to manage multiple customer accounts and payments

We use Stripe for all of our payment processing. The usability for our colleagues has definitely sped up our customer relations and has made all the difference in the world with CSAT reports.

Stripe Billing review by Amanda P.
Amanda P.

"Super simple & effective tool"

What do you like best?

It's a very CLEAN layout that doesn't overcomplicate the task of checking on your automated subscribers.

What do you dislike?

Dislike the process of handling disputes, could be a lot easier and more streamlined. Also could give even more information in the failure note.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Would 10/10 recommend, most simple software I use daily

Solving the process of making sure those who are supposed to be paying us actually are- and why they aren't

Stripe Billing review by Chriss M.
Chriss M.

"A payment platform made for developers"

What do you like best?

They have a really good api and documentation, it's easy to implement and they have the support of the OpenSource community to help and write libraries to manage the payments, the support service it's good and fast, and the approval process it's as fast as 2 days in US.

What do you dislike?

It's not available in LATAM, they need to add support to more countries.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Search for libraries to make it easier to implement in production.

Payment of subscriptions using django, I made some contributions to djStripe OpenSource project to make it fit our needs.

Stripe Billing review by User in Arts and Crafts
User in Arts and Crafts

"Easy program "

What do you like best?

The best part of this organ is that it is super simple and easy to use. It works seamlessly with my website, using squarespace .

What do you dislike?

It has a lot more potential but I don't know how to take full advantage of it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's ready to understand, great product.

Using it as an online e-commerce POS system. I've been able to make sales after my normal business hours.

Stripe Billing review by Ana C.
Ana C.

"Excellent out of the box choice for a non-profit"

What do you like best?

Stripe has been an easy to use and integrate solution with reasonable fees, especially for a non-profit. Stripe has several integrations that has made invoicing, monthly gifts, and one time donations easy to implement and track. The processing fees are on the lower end and with the ease of use - it has been a clear winner for our organization.

What do you dislike?

There have been a few times that we have had to refresh embed code without warning due to updates, however, the fix has always been pretty easy and fast.

Donations and gifts and the ability to have gifts be on a subscription.

Stripe Billing review by Blanche R.
Blanche R.

"Incredibly easy to use"

What do you like best?

Stripe is incredibly easy to use, and integrates seamlessly with multiple platforms, including our personal platform we've created. Super accessible and makes billing easy. Great to be able to have active users as well as read-only users so everyone can see what's going on within an account, but not take action necessarily.

What do you dislike?

Not a whole lot to dislike - it is all super easy. :)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try it out!

We have a quick and easy process when it comes to billing our customers, and making any changes with revenue on their accounts.

Stripe Billing review by User in Real Estate
User in Real Estate

"Stripe is an amazing payment gateway!"

What do you like best?

I like that its a simple API that works to allow vendors to easily accept payments. You can use their endpoints on a wordpress website, and not have to worry about going in and trying to set up the gateway yourself. I also like that its free to use and they charge a very competitive commission rate.

What do you dislike?

I would say that it does not seem as suitable for large enterprises as something like Authorize.net. But thats a whole different target audience so its not really a complaint in any way.

Providing an easy way to accept payments

Stripe Billing review by Steven S.
Steven S.

"Stripe as a payment processor"

What do you like best?

It's is actually extremely easy to use and integrate with your website's forms and bank accounts.

What do you dislike?

I wish that they would be more open to better rates for non profits because, although competitive in prices, donations done through their payment processor take a huge toll on the organization.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Give it a shot. It's definitely worth it as a payment processor alternative.

We are able to take donations online and transfer them immediately into our bank using Stripe.

Stripe Billing review by Jean-François N.
Jean-François N.

"Very good API based payment processor"

What do you like best?

- Clean REST API

- Developer friendly and always backward compatible because of versioning

- Multiple bindings for many languages including official Golang client

- Advanced integration options like Stripe Connect or Stripe Managed Accounts

- Good global coverage, multiple currencies.

What do you dislike?

- Not the cheapest provider

- Support only by email

- Only CAD & USD support for Canadian accounts

- No advanced sales tax handling

- Subscription management

- One time billing

- Payment handling and revenue sharing for third parties via Stripe Connect

Stripe Billing review by Fayyazuddin S.
Fayyazuddin S.

"My honest review of Stripe"

What do you like best?

Apple recommends Stripe to be used with their Apple Pay mobile payment service that they recently rolled out.

What do you dislike?

It unfortunately cannot be widely used in Canada yet. Apple Pay was just made available in conjunction with American Express, but not with other major credit cards.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Please learn to use this by going through the tutorials that are out there.

Mobile payments on site at events without having the need to invest in expensive POS terminals. Powerful SDK that can be used in iOS apps.

Stripe Billing review by Jakub A.
Jakub A.

"Stripe for Shopify and general eCommerce"

What do you like best?

Stripe has been the easiest and most accommodating payment service I've used. You can integrate them into your website with relatively low technical skill-set and in terms of time to set up the service (for basic payment integration), I'd rank them near the top. Their customer service is very quick and capable of resolving issues as well as providing ideas/solutions to individual needs. I would suggest that any business interested in adding a payment option to their website strongly consider them.