StudyBlue

StudyBlue is a collaborative learning ecosystem that empowers more than 7 million people to master any subject. Students can connect with others who are on a similar learning journey through a shared library of more than 250+ million pieces of user-generated content.

Work for StudyBlue?

Learning about StudyBlue?

Categories

Compare StudyBlue to Similar Solutions

StudyBlue Reviews

Showing 13 StudyBlue reviews
StudyBlue review by User in Higher Education

Not perfect, but a helpful study tool for classes with a lot of new vocabulary

What do you like best?

It's easy to get started using StudyBlue and to help students find our class. I love that I can create flash cards including multimedia instead of just text.

What do you dislike?

I hate sending students to yet another tool where they need to create an account and sign in. Thankfully, this tool allows students to login using an existing Google account, and we use Google Apps for Education at our university.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StudyBlue is a great addition to my online classroom where students often encounter more challenges motivating themselves to study or collaborating to create materials for study. I love that there are options for mobile users, too, since most of my students use mobile devices to connect to our online class every week. Rote memorization isn't the same thing as learning, so I don't recommend using this tool as a stand-alone solution. But it is an excellent tool for a modern student's arsenal.

It's an inexpensive classroom supplement that I can customize to my students' particular needs.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about StudyBlue
StudyBlue review by <span>Hayley C.</span>
Hayley C.

Tremendous resource

What do you like best?

I like that StudyBlue provides quick and useful information for any class you may be taking.

What do you dislike?

There is truly nothing I dislike about the StudyBlue program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend using StudyBlue for additional study materials. You can easily search specific classes and get extra study resources all in one place. StudyBlue has helped me not only earn higher grades in courses, but to truly understand the material I'm learning and use in the real world. I access this program frequently. It has been extremely beneficial for me to get real resources from real students.

StudyBlue is extremely helpful in aiding additional study materials for my more challenging courses.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

StudyBlue review by <span>Lisa B.</span>
Lisa B.

Collaborative, multi-platform digital flashcards

What do you like best?

As a teacher, I can see what the students have created to study. As a student, they can share with each other to increase the studying resources.

What do you dislike?

There are more ads on the website than there used to be. The free version looks like it limits you to a 5 card preview of features, which would not be productive for students. It would especially be frustrating if they put the time into creating the flashcards and then couldn't actually use them.

Recommendations to others considering the product

There is both a free and paid version. The paid version is expensive compared to other similar tools, but the free version still offers a lot of benefits. Explore it before paying.

StudyBlue provides what it says it does: a studying platform. It allows people to study where they are, with whatever device they have.

StudyBlue review by User in Higher Education

Great tool for class documents.

What do you like best?

It pools resources from previous students and can help you study.

What do you dislike?

The unlocks can be a bit tedious and expensive and finding classes that actually use the platform.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Great resource for classes if people in your school use it. Good crowdsourcing platform.

It helps more with classes than business, but it can provide resources to learn about content. It also has a flash card feature so you can build decks. A business would need to create resources and basically build its own content from the ground up for its employees to use. Where study blue does shine is its crowdsourcing features, so if other employees have additional resources or items they found helpful, the platform is a great sharing tool for that.

StudyBlue review by User in Philanthropy
User in Philanthropy

Robust study tool with great crowd sourced resources

What do you like best?

The flashcards feature has come in handy several times when studying for undergrad and graduate courses, presentations, and projects. It is a great collaborative tool when looking for new ways to create study tools.

What do you dislike?

I feel the user interface could be updated and look more polished/responsive. Some menus are a static list on desktop. Others menus more robust such as on iPhone/mobile. However, this doesn't take away from the usefulness of the tool.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Explore the tools fully and give yourself time to learn how things work to take full advantage of StudyBlue.

It is worthwhile to integrate into classrooms/curriculum given the effort to onboard and get access to technology.

StudyBlue review by User in Health, Wellness and Fitness
User in Health, Wellness and Fitness

Making Studying More Collaborative

What do you like best?

I typically don't like to re-read the same things over and over and I like doing practice questions to make sure that I've understood what I'm studying. When I had extra time, I would use Study Blue for both of these purposes and just to see how the subjects I'm currently studying are taught in other schools/universities.

What do you dislike?

There's not much to dislike, except of course, the cost for subscribing/making an account.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Encourage your classmates to use it too, so you will have a huge pool of study material and can divide the work!

I haven't used this for anything business related, as I am the "consumer" of this product in this particular case. Benefits of this platform, however, are that it's easy to collaborate with people from your class and school, and also get the benefit of having others' study materials as resources as well.

Learning about StudyBlue?

* We monitor all StudyBlue reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories