StudyStack

StudyStack offers free flashcards for serious fun studying. Create your own or use sets shared by other students and teachers.

Work for StudyStack?

Showing 4 StudyStack reviews
StudyStack review by <span>Sarah W.</span>
Sarah W.

Studying for NCSA Exam with Study stack

What do you like best?

Being able to create and categorize flash cards without actually using paper index cards. I like that I can color code them. I was able to separate my specific study topics into colors, which definitely helped a lot.

What do you dislike?

The online sets were extremely limited, which tells me this isn’t widely used. There were no sets already in existence to help with my NSCA test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware the database isn’t huge. But this app does make it very easy to organize flash cards and categorize what you know best and what topics you need extra time on.

I wouldn’t say I’m solving business problems, but the StudyStack app is helping me gain knowledge that I am applying to my job. It is a resource I not only utilize, but I have also suggested this app to my student-athletes and coworkers who are completing their master’s degree. I know my student-athletes have used this with much satisfication.

So, in a business sense, it has helped my student-athletes keep their grades up.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about StudyStack
StudyStack review by <span>Rachael M.</span>
Rachael M.

StudyStack for Nursing

What do you like best?

I like that studystack allows me to categorize the stacks with labels so that students can easily see whether it is a general review for boards or a course exam specific study stack.

What do you dislike?

This program isn't geared toward group study but is great for individual memorization, etc. I wish there was more interactive components between users. I would recommend Kahoot or Memrise over StudyStack so that there is incentive for groups to participate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although StudyStack is great for individual study, I can't recommend it for the in-person class setting for educators. Programs like Kahoot offer more versatility. I would recommend that educators choose a program with more connections to other softwares to upload questions and flashcards rather than manually entering them.

I don't feel that this program has solved any of the problems I have when finding study resources for students.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

StudyStack review by User in Higher Education

super cool studying tool that I recommend to all students

What do you like best?

The site is free and very accessible for different types of students and learners. It makes studying fun, inexpensive and students have found that they enjoy studying when using this application. The incentives and rewards are great because it motivates students to continue studying- it is no longer a chore for them.

What do you dislike?

It's similar to wiki in that users may not have the correct information listed. The application sometimes has glitches in the system and the interface isn't always user friendly. Lastly, navigating the app can be a bit of a hassle sometimes and not all course topics are covered in StudyStack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StudyStack has study materials from many different departments, from history to biology. I highly suggest using StudyStack to students as another way to acquire, retain and comprehend course material.

Helping students become more successful in their coursework. Students enjoy using this because it gives them different ways to study their material. Furthermore, you can use it on your phone which is helpful because as we know, students are always on the go. I have noticed that some students who are using StudyStack have been performing better on their quizzes and exams and because of this, they let their friends know about StackStack as well.

StudyStack review by <span>Jennifer L.</span>
Jennifer L.

Study Stack a great resource for students and instructors

What do you like best?

I like how you can find great flashcards, review tips, etc. It is helpful for creating short quizzes and such.

What do you dislike?

On occasion you will run across false study cards or false answers that someone has created to intentionally cause a person to fail a quiz or assignment. Not much that Study Stack can do about this because it is submitted by individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study Stack is a great resource/tool. Remember that these cards, exams, quizzes, etc are submitted by others and students. At times not all the information will be correct.

Tutoring resource. It is a quick resource to check facts, create study cards and quizzes for my students.

There are not enough reviews of StudyStack for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Learning about StudyStack?

* We monitor all StudyStack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories