StudyStack

3.5

StudyStack offers free flashcards for serious fun studying. Create your own or use sets shared by other students and teachers.

Work for StudyStack?

Learning about StudyStack?

Categories

StudyStack Reviews

Ask StudyStack a Question
Showing 5 StudyStack reviews
StudyStack review by Samir S.
Samir S.

"Excellent platform for fun based learning"

What do you like best?

The best thing I liked about it was its simple Graphical user interface with no advertisements and everything placed correctly on the screen. One can easily look for what he needs on the screen.

It offers millions of flashcards already created by its community users like students and instructors from all over the world. It provides various activities for studying which makes it easier to learn the data at a rapid pace and at the same time not getting bored by using a single platform for all the learning.

It provides labels to categorize various courses and study the specific ones at a time.

What do you dislike?

As per my understanding, It is basically a platform for individual learning and not made for Group/Enterprise learning. There is very less interaction between the users. Also, it is similar to the concept of Wikipedia and may have some information which is already obsolete or modified.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a fantastic learning platform. But do remember it has a limited database and you won't find everything here. So, it is for learning the basics of a particular topic you are interested in.

I have used it to learn the French language as I had to travel to France in a month's time and found this platform to learn the same. So, it helped me in gaining knowledge about a different language.

I also read it sometimes to do my basic learning on Science subjects.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about StudyStack
StudyStack review by Sarah W.
Sarah W.

"Studying for NCSA Exam with Study stack"

What do you like best?

Being able to create and categorize flash cards without actually using paper index cards. I like that I can color code them. I was able to separate my specific study topics into colors, which definitely helped a lot.

What do you dislike?

The online sets were extremely limited, which tells me this isn’t widely used. There were no sets already in existence to help with my NSCA test.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Just be aware the database isn’t huge. But this app does make it very easy to organize flash cards and categorize what you know best and what topics you need extra time on.

I wouldn’t say I’m solving business problems, but the StudyStack app is helping me gain knowledge that I am applying to my job. It is a resource I not only utilize, but I have also suggested this app to my student-athletes and coworkers who are completing their master’s degree. I know my student-athletes have used this with much satisfication.

So, in a business sense, it has helped my student-athletes keep their grades up.

What Study Tools solution do you use?

StudyStack review by Rachael M.
Rachael M.

"StudyStack for Nursing"

What do you like best?

I like that studystack allows me to categorize the stacks with labels so that students can easily see whether it is a general review for boards or a course exam specific study stack.

What do you dislike?

This program isn't geared toward group study but is great for individual memorization, etc. I wish there was more interactive components between users. I would recommend Kahoot or Memrise over StudyStack so that there is incentive for groups to participate.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Although StudyStack is great for individual study, I can't recommend it for the in-person class setting for educators. Programs like Kahoot offer more versatility. I would recommend that educators choose a program with more connections to other softwares to upload questions and flashcards rather than manually entering them.

I don't feel that this program has solved any of the problems I have when finding study resources for students.

StudyStack review by User in Higher Education

"super cool studying tool that I recommend to all students"

What do you like best?

The site is free and very accessible for different types of students and learners. It makes studying fun, inexpensive and students have found that they enjoy studying when using this application. The incentives and rewards are great because it motivates students to continue studying- it is no longer a chore for them.

What do you dislike?

It's similar to wiki in that users may not have the correct information listed. The application sometimes has glitches in the system and the interface isn't always user friendly. Lastly, navigating the app can be a bit of a hassle sometimes and not all course topics are covered in StudyStack.

Recommendations to others considering the product

StudyStack has study materials from many different departments, from history to biology. I highly suggest using StudyStack to students as another way to acquire, retain and comprehend course material.

Helping students become more successful in their coursework. Students enjoy using this because it gives them different ways to study their material. Furthermore, you can use it on your phone which is helpful because as we know, students are always on the go. I have noticed that some students who are using StudyStack have been performing better on their quizzes and exams and because of this, they let their friends know about StackStack as well.

StudyStack review by Jennifer L.
Jennifer L.

"Study Stack a great resource for students and instructors"

What do you like best?

I like how you can find great flashcards, review tips, etc. It is helpful for creating short quizzes and such.

What do you dislike?

On occasion you will run across false study cards or false answers that someone has created to intentionally cause a person to fail a quiz or assignment. Not much that Study Stack can do about this because it is submitted by individuals.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Study Stack is a great resource/tool. Remember that these cards, exams, quizzes, etc are submitted by others and students. At times not all the information will be correct.

Tutoring resource. It is a quick resource to check facts, create study cards and quizzes for my students.

Learning about StudyStack?

* We monitor all StudyStack reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Categories