Sublime Text

Sublime Text is a sophisticated text editor for code, markup and prose. You'll love the slick user interface, extraordinary features and amazing performance.

Work for Sublime Text?
Ultraedit 2x

Learning about Sublime Text?

Sublime Text Reviews

Showing 601 Sublime Text reviews
Sublime Text review by <span>joe c.</span>
joe c.

Subliminal!

What do you like best?

I own a Mac but use a PC for work. Eventually instead of using both Notepad++ (PC) and Sublime for coding, I focused on Sublime, and have really enjoyed using it! I particularly like the tab option to work on different projects at the same time, but also the overview of the entire text while scrolling, so you don't have to scroll down entirely to see the whole of the code.

Ever since then, I have really enjoyed the simplicity and ease of use with sublime text. I really like the dark background and the coding features that automatically create end brackets for whenever you're coding so that you don't lose track of when they end. The dark contrast background with the code is quite visually appealing. There is even the option to edit multiple reoccurrences of a code at the same time. The developers state that the version you download is a trial, but the trial period isn't enforced, so it's practically free.

What do you dislike?

Haven't found anything I dislike about the product yet.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I work with both Mac and PCs and within PCs I will use Notepad++ but with Macs, I would definitely go with Sublime Text.

We have been using Sublime Text to code for our websites in HTML/CSS.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sublime Text
Sublime Text review by <span>Jennifer G.</span>
Jennifer G.

The best app for coding

What do you like best?

I love that this code editor has everything I need in one. I can run git, watch for trailing spaces, view things in one window or a split screen, and find exactly what I'm looking for. It's the only app I trust and use for front-end web development.

What do you dislike?

The only thing I dislike is how complex the app is because I still have so much to learn. I know I could be doing things better, faster, or easier, but I just haven't taken the time to go through tutorials.

Recommendations to others considering the product

This is the best app for web development—period. There are so many ways to customize your work setup and add features, so it really will make your job easier.

I use Sublime Text to code custom websites for my clients. With just a few keyboard shortcuts, I can quickly find the files I'm looking for and customize the code colors based on the language I'm working with. I am able to work faster and stay organized.

What Text Editor solution do you use?

Sublime Text review by <span>Jennifer C.</span>
Jennifer C.

The best code editor, I love it.

What do you like best?

It is super light and this is simply so, it consumes very few resources so if you have an average old computer or you are using a thousand tabs in the chrome, the editor will not affect the performance.

The amount of plugins useful and for all tastes (ALL !, all? YES ALL!). I love sublime thanks to this, I dedicate myself to the web part so I like to have ease when it comes to creating code in html, javascript, php and web languages ​​and sublime gives me that comfort thanks to the amount of installable plugins that are available. "CTRL + P", this is not very clear but it is a command that allows you to write the name of the file that you have open in the current project to open it in 2 seconds, it is really a very comfortable shortcut that saves you time (A LOT OF TIME !)

What do you dislike?

downside is that there is no dedicated built-in FTP, instead, you need to download an external plug-in called SFTP, it would be nice if it was included, since it is such a practical option, and in very large files (10k or more lines), some of the add-ons cause the editor to freeze when trying to do things like intelligent code completion.

I use it for web development, It has a lot benefits like it improves the productivity of the process and a ease of use.

Sublime Text review by <span>Shawn T.</span>
Shawn T.

Great Text Editor for writing code!!

What do you like best?

I love the simplicity of the program. First of all, it is really easy to install and start using. Nothing special needed to get it going.

It really helps organizing your text for different variables and classes. Also it is able to guess what code your writing and fills it out for you. Also, it is free!

What do you dislike?

Sometimes the color coding for certain variables aren't labeled correctly. And I can't figure out how to change or fix it.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would recommend installing "Emmet" which highly improves the functionality and efficiency of the program. Also i would recommend installing "Git Gutter" which helps detail the Git status of each line of code.

It helps keep my code clean and organized. Also it is very easy to see the layout of all the folders i'm working with.

It also has ability for merging with Git. Making it easy for multiple developers to keep track of code.

Sublime Text review by <span>Luca V.</span>
Luca V.

Text Editor that "goes straight to the point"

What do you like best?

Sublime Text is small. The installation archive is only 8MB and after installation the program only use 22MB of RAM. It's fast, easy to use (thanks to nice features like: Autocompletion, Syntax Highlight, Code Folding). It's highly customizable: dozens of themes are avaible for FREE, hundred of plugin ready to use that allows sublime to expand its functionality (Package Manager allows users to find, install, upgrade and remove plugins directly from inside the editor). Minimap, Stable, and with the ability to write in multi-editing mode.

What do you dislike?

It is not always Beginner Friendly (especially when you access the settings panel, that come with text option and not a regular menu). The release of new version is a bit slow, due to small team behind the project)

Recommendations to others considering the product

Sublime is one of the most popular code editors and for good reason. The program is fast, stable and mature. It also has loads of really useful plugin and features It is also suitable for developers of different skill levels and disciplines..

Sublime Text is fast, immediately and goes straight to the point. With it we have speeded up the process of development and correction of errors, and also with only one tool, we can develop in different languages and in different systems thanks to its always updated plugins

Sublime Text review by <span>Vatsal S.</span>
Vatsal S.

Sublime text is superb for web programming

What do you like best?

Sublime is software which is very much easy to use as well as easy to identify errors during programming with sublime text. It is very much easy and excellent to save your work and one feature is important is that it directly reflect your updates in programming without refresh. I also like Autocompletion, Syntax Highlight, Code Folding features of sublime text.Sublime has native support for a few dozen programming languages and will color code elements appropriately (it even has several different color themes — more on that below). The code editor will even warn you of parsing errors in real time. Simultaneous Editing and fast searching is also one of best feature of sublime text.

What do you dislike?

Some time it gets collapse due to large program.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Little bit more efficient should be there for coding and result view should be more better.

We are creating a website using sublime and using html,css,javascript,jquery,,php.

Learning about Sublime Text?

* We monitor all Sublime Text reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.