Submittable

Submittable

Submittable is a highly flexible submission management and collaboration system for grants, film festivals, contests, scholarships, publishing, and more.

Work for Submittable?

Learning about Submittable?

Submittable Reviews

Ask Submittable a Question
Showing 13 Submittable reviews
Submittable review by <span>Olivia R.</span>
Olivia R.

"Easy to use, soft on the eyes"

What do you like best?

The format is so intuitive, and easy to use. I love the ability to analyze information, score/rank. I also like the ability to have guidance that reviewers can view on the right-hand size to see side-by-size with the actual submission.

What do you dislike?

On the home / landing page, a user sees all the submissions for the entire host organization. If I have 3 or 4 RPFs being collected on the system, I have to see them all and filter before getting to the ones I need

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the side-by-side feature to allow reviewers to see guidance / context / background information alongside the actual submission.

We are managing RFP submissions by 3rd parties or grant applications. Submittable allows for users even external to the organization and it keeps content confidential. It also is able to run reports and averages and score applications, which we used to do manually!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Submittable
Submittable review by <span>Kendra S.</span>
Kendra S.

"The best way to keep a finger on the pulse for your writing submissions"

What do you like best?

I am more likely to submit to a publication if it uses submittable. It streamlines the submission process and shows the status of one's submission. It is also a great recordkeeper of past submissions and to gauge trends in where one's work is likely to be accepted.

What do you dislike?

Aesthetically, it's nothing special. I also wish that publications were required to provide a response when they pass on work, versus just pushing the work to "complete."

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a publication, this will certainly attract a more diverse pool of writers to submit for your publications. As a freelance writer, you cannot afford not to be using submittable to track your publication submissions.

As a freelancer, it cuts my recordkeeping in half. I don't need to maintain clumsy spreadsheets with the names of the editor and the date of submission. Submittable keeps it all for me. I've also been introduced to new publications via Submittable and I'm very grateful for that.

What Grant Management solution do you use?

Submittable review by <span>Rachel G.</span>
Rachel G.

"Well organized simple platform"

What do you like best?

We switched to using Submittable from a simple Dropbox link sent to our contributors and now there's no more follow up emails of "you forgot to include...". We simply set it up so everything we request is answered in their submission. It is a great platform that anyone (even those who aren't tech-savvy) can figure out, administrators and users alike.

What do you dislike?

I only with there were a way to "rank" submissions, not just with tags (we predominantly use those for stages of edits and review). If we could perhaps star or heart each submission it would allow us to communicate as an administrative team which submissions or writers we are most impressed with, or are most likely to use in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Submittable's ease of use and simplicity make it a great platform for any organization or company receiving submissions from contributors or business partners.

All of our submissions from contributors across the world all come to one place. Its more streamlined and easy for them to jump in, versus the dozens of emails were we having to send to get contributors set up and followed through after submission on a different platform.

Submittable review by <span>Kendall D.</span>
Kendall D.

"Great for literary magazines"

What do you like best?

Managing multiple genres is intuitive and easy.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I've seen to improve would be reporting of items sold on a form. It's great to be able to add extra items, but complicated forms can be hard to read.

Submissions of several genres for a literary magazine with a small staff. Submittable helps us read and track submissions across genres and issues. It also makes the submission process easy for our writers. Submittable has helped our new magazine get noticed, especially on social media and through the Submishmash newsletter. We also use Submittable for subscriptions and single-copy sales. Charging a small fee for submissions allows us unlimited submissions and helps generate some income to publish the journal, while not charging writers more than postage.

Submittable review by <span>Allison J.</span>
Allison J.

"Terrific tool at an affordable price!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Submittable was easy to learn and set up was a breeze. I could easily share access with others in my organization, enhancing collaboration. Using this tool saved us a ton of time compared the old way - collecting content via email. Customer support was personal and effective too. Totally worth it!

What do you dislike?

I liked everything about our Submittable experience.

The business problem we were solving was user-generated content management for internal marketing campaigns. We collected hundreds of assets over a short period of time AND needed a team to review and rank the assets. Submittable worked beautifully for this.

Submittable review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Indispensable application"

What do you like best?

I never forget to respond to a submission, and they're all in one place. There are also many ways to structure the decision-making process.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to explain the process to my editors and judges, and I wish we could have a larger team--when we hold contests I need to remove my regular editors to get the judges in, and it's almost more trouble than its worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really helpful program, and worth the additional expense. If you're trying to simplify the editorial process, certainly consider this program--though it's easier with a stable editorial team.

I never forget to respond to a submission, and they're all in one place. There are also many ways to structure the decision-making process, which allows us a ton of options.

Learn more about Submittable

Submittable Videos

Submittable Downloads

Learning about Submittable?

* We monitor all Submittable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.