Submittable

Submittable

4.7

Submittable is a highly flexible submission management and collaboration system for grants, film festivals, contests, scholarships, publishing, and more.

Work for Submittable?

Learning about Submittable?

Submittable Reviews

Ask Submittable a Question
Showing 13 Submittable reviews
Submittable review by Olivia R.
Olivia R.

"Easy to use, soft on the eyes"

What do you like best?

The format is so intuitive, and easy to use. I love the ability to analyze information, score/rank. I also like the ability to have guidance that reviewers can view on the right-hand size to see side-by-size with the actual submission.

What do you dislike?

On the home / landing page, a user sees all the submissions for the entire host organization. If I have 3 or 4 RPFs being collected on the system, I have to see them all and filter before getting to the ones I need

Recommendations to others considering the product

Use the side-by-side feature to allow reviewers to see guidance / context / background information alongside the actual submission.

We are managing RFP submissions by 3rd parties or grant applications. Submittable allows for users even external to the organization and it keeps content confidential. It also is able to run reports and averages and score applications, which we used to do manually!

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Submittable
Submittable review by Kendra S.
Kendra S.

"The best way to keep a finger on the pulse for your writing submissions"

What do you like best?

I am more likely to submit to a publication if it uses submittable. It streamlines the submission process and shows the status of one's submission. It is also a great recordkeeper of past submissions and to gauge trends in where one's work is likely to be accepted.

What do you dislike?

Aesthetically, it's nothing special. I also wish that publications were required to provide a response when they pass on work, versus just pushing the work to "complete."

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you are a publication, this will certainly attract a more diverse pool of writers to submit for your publications. As a freelance writer, you cannot afford not to be using submittable to track your publication submissions.

As a freelancer, it cuts my recordkeeping in half. I don't need to maintain clumsy spreadsheets with the names of the editor and the date of submission. Submittable keeps it all for me. I've also been introduced to new publications via Submittable and I'm very grateful for that.

What Grant Management solution do you use?

Submittable review by Rachel G.
Rachel G.

"Well organized simple platform"

What do you like best?

We switched to using Submittable from a simple Dropbox link sent to our contributors and now there's no more follow up emails of "you forgot to include...". We simply set it up so everything we request is answered in their submission. It is a great platform that anyone (even those who aren't tech-savvy) can figure out, administrators and users alike.

What do you dislike?

I only with there were a way to "rank" submissions, not just with tags (we predominantly use those for stages of edits and review). If we could perhaps star or heart each submission it would allow us to communicate as an administrative team which submissions or writers we are most impressed with, or are most likely to use in future.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Submittable's ease of use and simplicity make it a great platform for any organization or company receiving submissions from contributors or business partners.

All of our submissions from contributors across the world all come to one place. Its more streamlined and easy for them to jump in, versus the dozens of emails were we having to send to get contributors set up and followed through after submission on a different platform.

Submittable review by Kendall D.
Kendall D.

"Great for literary magazines"

What do you like best?

Managing multiple genres is intuitive and easy.

What do you dislike?

The only thing that I've seen to improve would be reporting of items sold on a form. It's great to be able to add extra items, but complicated forms can be hard to read.

Submissions of several genres for a literary magazine with a small staff. Submittable helps us read and track submissions across genres and issues. It also makes the submission process easy for our writers. Submittable has helped our new magazine get noticed, especially on social media and through the Submishmash newsletter. We also use Submittable for subscriptions and single-copy sales. Charging a small fee for submissions allows us unlimited submissions and helps generate some income to publish the journal, while not charging writers more than postage.

Submittable review by Allison J.
Allison J.

"Terrific tool at an affordable price!"

What do you like best?

I appreciate that Submittable was easy to learn and set up was a breeze. I could easily share access with others in my organization, enhancing collaboration. Using this tool saved us a ton of time compared the old way - collecting content via email. Customer support was personal and effective too. Totally worth it!

What do you dislike?

I liked everything about our Submittable experience.

The business problem we were solving was user-generated content management for internal marketing campaigns. We collected hundreds of assets over a short period of time AND needed a team to review and rank the assets. Submittable worked beautifully for this.

Submittable review by Administrator in Writing and Editing
Administrator in Writing and Editing

"Indispensable application"

What do you like best?

I never forget to respond to a submission, and they're all in one place. There are also many ways to structure the decision-making process.

What do you dislike?

I wish it was easier to explain the process to my editors and judges, and I wish we could have a larger team--when we hold contests I need to remove my regular editors to get the judges in, and it's almost more trouble than its worth.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It is a really helpful program, and worth the additional expense. If you're trying to simplify the editorial process, certainly consider this program--though it's easier with a stable editorial team.

I never forget to respond to a submission, and they're all in one place. There are also many ways to structure the decision-making process, which allows us a ton of options.

Submittable review by Austin S.
Austin S.

"Easy to Use"

What do you like best?

We use Submittable for all of our submissions from contributors all around the world and it organizes them nicely for us to review. It also allows our editors to access submissions from any place they have an internet connection.

What do you dislike?

The only problem I have with Submittable is that I am unable to review submissions from the app for the phone.

We have been using Submittable for almost a year now and it has allowed us to grow our audience as well keep track of submissions for the literary journal.

Submittable review by Nghi N.
Nghi N.

"Great for Submission!"

What do you like best?

Very easy to use. You don't have to be a professional to create forms with Submittable. If you know how to crate form through drag and drop then submittable is perfect.

What do you dislike?

Downloading application process is a bit tedious. Only the file uploads can be downloaded. The application itself needs to be able to be saved as DOCX or PDF. At the moment, I have to manually copy and paste the application into Word.

Can easily create forms and have people submit and upload files into submittable.

Submittable review by Amy L.
Amy L.

"helps me keep organized with incoming pitches "

What do you like best?

the ease of use in managing pitches and sharing feedback with the rest of my team

What do you dislike?

the UI for the rest of the functions gets buried and confusing. it took me a while to figure out how to find the right page to edit our site's overall guidelines/profile.

its a central place for team members to view pitches on a web-based platform.

Submittable review by Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity
Administrator in Venture Capital & Private Equity

"Business Pitch Competitions"

What do you like best?

Simple, easy to manage for applications and reviewers.

What do you dislike?

for additional options (such as branching) was not clear and I had to call tech support. Cloning questions would be a nice feature for items that have branching, etc.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The price is great and you can downgrade and upgrade per month, based off of users. So months that you know won't have much activity, you pay nothing but the site is still open to use. Other systems were on an annual basis and you had to pay a base rate.

We hold competitions where we need applications and reviewing capabilities. I have used many other systems and Submittable is the easiest to navigate.

Submittable review by Administrator in Museums and Institutions
Administrator in Museums and Institutions

"Submittable, great submission platform."

What do you like best?

Submittable has a great customizable form so you can tailor it to your organization's needs.

What do you dislike?

So far submittable has met all of our needs to accept exhibition proposals.

We can easily take in large numbers of submissions and assign them to different users to evaluate.

Submittable review by Lizzy L.
Lizzy L.

"Submittable is easy and convenient to use"

What do you like best?

The ability for our trainers to apply online

What do you dislike?

The reference email requests doesn't always work, that is what our trainers have the hardest time with

Quick application submissions from our trainers, vs. them mailing them in

Submittable review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

"Submittable review"

What do you like best?

The user interface (for submitters); the ability to sort and respond to submissions in bulk

What do you dislike?

I wish that accepting/declining individual submissions and switching between them was a little bit quicker.

A lot of submissions to sort through, a minority of which are up to our (stated) standards for proposals. But Submittable has yielded some quality and helpful submissions, which has made the experience worthwhile.

Learn more about Submittable

Submittable Videos

Submittable Downloads

Learning about Submittable?

* We monitor all Submittable reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.