Subscription Genius

Spend time working on more revenue generating activities rather than your subscription management system. We do subscription management so you don't have to.

Work for Subscription Genius?

Learning about Subscription Genius?

Subscription Genius Reviews

Showing 3 Subscription Genius reviews
Subscription Genius review by <span>Tom W.</span>
Tom W.

A torrid experience for a below par product

What do you like best?

It has the potential, but feels like an afterthought.

What do you dislike?

I would avoid. Personally we had a torrid experience with the product and company. The platform is dated and feels like an afterthought or a sideline project for Pape Ventures. They certainly don’t invest any time in developing the product and there feels like a real ‘Can’t do’ attitude from the management.

I have lost count at the amount of support emails and calls that went unanswered when quite simply the product did not function as it was sold to us.

If I could give it zero stars if I could as not only did we lose a significant sum of money we also lost a vast amount of time chasing them to deliver on the product they promised.

Overall a disaster that Pape Ventures couldn’t be bothered to fix. That attitude is unfortunately endemic. One side note is that the staff in the form of Andrew and Karen are very good but their hands are tied by poor management. A big shame.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't.

It became a big headache rather than solving problems it caused more.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Subscription Genius
Subscription Genius review by Administrator in Publishing
Administrator in Publishing

Disappointed

What do you like best?

It was EXACTLY what I was looking for, down to the details. I publish a magazine myself and this would have been absolutely perfect if I could've gotten any sort of responses to my customer support problems.

What do you dislike?

The customer service started out fantastic, and then, when it came to uploading the database and implementing it on my website... crickets...nothing, no responses via email, phone, anything. For a month. When I finally cancelled the service, they got back with me and tried to regain my business, but I just can't risk having no tech support for the website that is 99% of my business.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd wait until they get things operating a lot more smoothly before using this. As it stands right now, I wouldn't touch it. We are staying with Shopify for now and trying out Recurring Billing with a company called Checkend. It's an app that can be added on to a regular Shopify store. Right now it's still in Beta for the size of database we've got, but really really hoping this solution will work out.

How to manage all my subscribers, renewals and address changes. At the moment we manage our subscribers and mailings with a spreadsheet, which takes HOURS every time we publish an issue. I truly hope they resolve their customer service problems, because if they do, it will be the exact product we've been looking for!

What E-Commerce Tools solution do you use?

Subscription Genius review by Consultant in Information Technology and Services
Consultant in Information Technology and Services

Not pleased

What do you like best?

Idea is good but poorly executed. The aesthetics of the site are nice but the UX is bad.

What do you dislike?

I was hired by a company to handle data entry into this website. The company had thousands of promo codes for Subscription Offers in a spreadsheet. Turns out there is no import feature at all. There isn't even pagination! The page loads all the records at once for some reason. It also hits a PHP script to retrieve an image for each one. Wow that's a lot of database requests! So I had to write an automation script to do the importing. The fact that the page takes forever to completely load made verifying the state of the page very difficult. I actually had to use AdBlock to remove images from the page in order for the page to completely load.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you plan on having thousands of Subscription Offers then this service will be problematic for you unless you hire someone that knows about automation.

There are not enough reviews of Subscription Genius for G2 Crowd to provide buying insight. Below are some alternatives with more reviews:

Sumo Logo
Sumo
Tools to Grow Your Website's Traffic
ChannelAdvisor Logo
ChannelAdvisor
ChannelAdvisor offers the total package for retailers. With a unique blend of best-in-class technology and world-class managed services expertise, we make it easy for retailers to master the challenge of connecting with consumers.
Zonos Logo
Zonos
Zonos (formerly iGlobal Stores) gives eCommerce merchants the tools and services you need to sell and ship globally.
Ecomchain Logo
Ecomchain
eComchain provides a cloud-based eCommerce platform that uniquely combines functional, flexible and customizable features. Businesses can set up and manage their sales across multiple channels including: web, mobile, stores to drive sales volume.
Shopgate Logo
Shopgate
Shopgate is the easy, fast and smart tool for online merchants to create apps and mobile websites.
SquareUp Payment Method Logo
SquareUp Payment Method
It provides Square payment facility to the customers and lets the admin accept payments in his " Magento store " using "Square payment method " , one of the leading payment processors.
Apptus eSales Logo
Apptus eSales
Apptus eSales is a self-learning and easily deployed tool for adding Guidance, Personalization and Commerce Intelligence to any online store.
AddShoppers Logo
AddShoppers
With AddShoppers it's easy to collect more emails with dynamic targeted Smart Offers plus our Smart Social Sharing Buttons are built to enhance your email marketing and retargeting campaigns with powerful social data.
Feedvisor Logo
Feedvisor
Feedvisor is an automated algorithmic repricing platform, offering e-commerce marketplace sellers cloud-based solution to manage their prices profitability.
esa Product Manager Logo
esa Product Manager
esa Product Manager is a multi-channel manager of products that imports from eBay and synchronizes the user's eBay items into their Etsy shop.

Learning about Subscription Genius?

* We monitor all Subscription Genius reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.