• I use this
Badge 1404235877

SuccessFactors

57 6.8 / 10
Request a Demo
SuccessFactors helps organizations align strategy with objectives & manage people performance to ensure execution & results. Execution is the difference.

SuccessFactors Reviews (57)

The compensation module is excellent. Employee Central is also quite good. Read More
0 fl6whr67t78bgzoo7pcvhm97tulo0zxodz 9hz5oyoavhpee b95q4ar7t5zyxy6atxbf0ro85ab
James M.
Administrator in Pharmaceuticals
Part of this may be due to company implementation, but viewing information is singular - no way to compare employee plans or view total set. Can be difficult to... Read More
0 ip83m2fyl8foy9s w 6om7n016mdkvs wanym7ka2isj7asibvkdcfrhjej91tu7okc0nhsdhkii
Arthur C.
Updated On

Solid software that continues to improve each year.

What do you like best?

SuccessFactors offers a wide variety of products covering the entire full talent suite including L&D, succession, recruiting, and performance management software. Having a "one-stop-shop" for all of our talent management needs was a major factor in our software choice. This not only provides a better user experience for our employees, but consolidates our data into one place.

Also, the software is highly configurable. While this varies by module, there is typically a lot room to configure both the functionality and aesthetics of the software.

What do you dislike?

Some of the products were purchased later on and "bolted" to the existing software. Unfortunately, these pieces can end up not meshing well with the existing system. They sometimes require separate log-ins, additional uploads/permission/management, and separate reporting. There hasn't been much of an effort by SuccessFactors to better align these products so that there is a fluid transition between modules.

Parts of the software are dated. They either lack functionality that most systems have today or simply look like older technology. The v12 update was a huge improvement but is only available for some modules.

Much of the software feels like it was "designed" by programmers. The user interface is not the most intuitive and can be confusing for non tech-savvy users. Even more astute users struggle with over-complicated processes and layouts.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Try to map out exactly what you'd like to accomplish with the software. This will identify potential issues or software deficiencies early on in your evaluation. While SuccessFactors will help guide your process creation during scoping and implementation, you need to know up front if key elements can be included in the process or that specific results can be achieved.

Also, talk to other customers with similar needs/processes to see how well the system supports them. That way, you get more of an apples to apples comparison.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We were able to implement formalized recruiting, performance management, and succession programs for the first time in our company's history.

Validated Review

Intuitive user interface but admin side and implementation need a lot of improvement

What do you like best?

In general the user interface of Success Factor systems are very intuitive and user friendly. Especially the performance management, succession planning, and talent calibration modules. Their LMS is the pearl on the crown, it is a great platform to host all types of trainings and makes training management a lot more efficient and effective.

What do you dislike?

The admin side of the system is often cumbersome. Unless you are processing the system on a daily basis, you will have to have the admin workbook or admin manual right next to you and follow it step by step in order to get something done, because the process procedures are often not as friendly as the user interface.

I completed the LMS implementation one year ago, and now I am taking the lead to implement their onboarding module. I have to say that the implementation is a painful process. SF always ask us to use other implementation consultant to help with the implementation, however partly because the onboarding module is not 100% ready yet (in my view), and partly because the communication gap between the consultant and SF, the integration of onboarding with recruiting and the core system, has not been successful after 3 months.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I want to use this metaphor: the baby is beautiful, however the delivery of the baby is super painful and needs a lot of skills to take care of the baby.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

Busienss objective - an integral HRIS to host all human capital management elements and HR service activities.

Benefits - HR process efficiency and effectiveness

Validated Review

Solid performance with a variety of customization options.

What do you like best?

It's tough to narrow this down... As simple as it sounds, Single Sign On was a huge thing for achieving adoption at our company because it made it easy for our users and less like some special chore. They could just click the link on our company intranet page and they were there - no different than if they were checking the food option in the cafeteria that day. So that was huge.

But other things I like is the a la carte, modular nature of the product. We begin our implementation with Goals, Performance, and Recruiting. We've both grown our platform and continued to tweak the design of each of those modules as we've learned more about our processes and the software. The ability for admins to make changes through the SuccessFactory tool is great as well.

What do you dislike?

The project implementers aren't always great at telling you what you shouldn't do. You can customize and jury rig lots of elements of the software to make it do almost anything or fit any process flow that you might want. But sometimes that makes it clunky, unwieldy, and really just difficult for your users. You'd be much better off altering your process to conform to the standard SuccessFactors setup in these cases than trying really hard to make the software fit your process. We had several cases where our person implementing our new module would say "sure we can do that" when they should have said "we can do that....but we should probably do this instead."

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a really good product. Get advice on best practices for both your process flow and SuccessFactors implementation. Learn from other users. Get executive support. Make really good training. Do these things and you'll have a successful launch.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

When our company engaged with SuccessFactors we didn't even have performance reviews, let alone a system for capturing them. We've totally changed the culture in terms of encouraging discussions about performance, setting goals, and pursuing personal learning and development.

SuccessFactors is a success

What do you like best?

The User Interface is intuitive and inviting. It makes simple task, simple again. Navigating around the menus is like navigating Amazon, everything in its rightful place. They are constantly releasing major update which is always adding to functionality and overall performance improvements.

What do you dislike?

Downtime, as with in Cloud based system you are at the mercy of the data centers. When one goes down, you go down. lately they have made significant strides to improve downtime and major outages.

I also dislike how some of the modules are still so disconnected. SF was built by acquisitions, Learning came from Plateu, RMK came from Jobs2Web. There are still many elements that are disconnected and do not communicate to each other in a simplistic way.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Choose the right implementation partner, and whatever time they quote. Double it.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

I have worked on EC, Goals, Performance, Learning, Recruiting, and Succession. Each one has solved major issues within the companies I have worked for. Learning is by far my favorite and I can't imagine a better LMS out there.

There are tons of Pros along with Cons to any SuccessFactors implementation. They main thing to keep in mind is customization is bad, learn to adapt to the software as much as possible and you will be in a much better place.

Administrator in Medical Devices - SuccessFactors Review Author

SuccessFactors succession planning module

What do you like best?

I was a system administrator for the SuccessFactors succession module from 2008 to 2010. I really like the user interface that SuccessFactors used. It included Flash and was intuitive, easy to navigate and sophisticated. I also liked the ability to customize our content (through a work order) and showcase information that was pertinent for us. I also was impressed that SuccessFactors conducted thorough testing before their releases. I had very rarely ever came across a "bug" in the system.

What do you dislike?

I could have benefited from a more robust user community. At the time, clients were not assigned a Client Success Manager (perhaps this has changed, I'm not sure). Also, every time I needed to launch a succession task by copying an old task, I had to submit a work order. It would have been nice if that was something I was quickly able to do on the admin side.

What business problems are you solving? What benefits have you realized?

We needed a systematized way to store succession information. Prior to using SuccessFactors, we had our executives conduct succession planning in a PowerPoint template. It was painful to say the least. By automating this process in SuccessFactors, we were able to have full visibility, run necessary metrics, and have a birds-eye view of succession planning at our company.

Tags

* We monitor all SuccessFactors reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.
Would you like to receive more information about SuccessFactors?