SugarSync

SugarSync allows you to Access/Sync/Share/Backup all your files, photos and music from any device. Use your own file structure with auto 2-way backup; no special folder required!

Work for SugarSync?
Cloudapp filestor shar  2x

Learning about SugarSync?

SugarSync Reviews

Showing 26 SugarSync reviews
SugarSync review by <span>Oscar d.</span>
Oscar d.

SugarSync is a great cloud service with some glitches

What do you like best?

The ability to select which folders to sync on each device. It has versions and sometimes is a lifesaver in case of accidental modification of a file.

What do you dislike?

I have used it for like 5 years now, I have had some problems during that period, one time, it disappeared a lot of my files, hundreds, I couldn't find them anywhere. After contacting support, it resulted that an unknown issue caused my files to come orphan. They were on any folder nor the deleted items. The recovered my files, but I have to reorder them in the file structure, it was a pain.

Also support team is not good, I have contacted several times for different issues and regulary they respond as machines, without paying attention of what you are asking, almost like predefined answers to words in your questions... You have to insist and insist until they scale your issue to a different level, does people do read. They don't have telephone support on demand, but sometimes, if there is an issue, they suggest to make you a phone call and give you remote support (live).

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you want a tough and manageable cloud service, this is the one.

The ability to share big files with people outside the organization, it also helps sharing folders with people that don't have SugarSync and of course, the main, it allows syncing files in almost real time between all my devices. I actively use 4 devices (work PC, home PC, laptop, mobile).

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about SugarSync
SugarSync review by <span>AnnA L.</span>
AnnA L.

It syncs, it syncs always, it syncs!

What do you like best?

I have been using SugarSync for over 5 years. Sugarsync has without problems synced towards 3 different PC, on mac, 4 different mobile phones, android tablet.

And my files are there - no matter on which unit I search for them.

I simply haven't got any syncing problem - but I do have my files. :-)

What do you dislike?

Not really dislike but this thing with sync, cloud directories etc is a bit complicated to get the grasp of.

So when I help colleges, customers to start using sugarsync some kind of infographic explaining would be great.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Decide one folder to be the main synced folder. Add all othe folders in the main folder.

Clean up your directories so you don't sync files that don't need to be synced.

If syncing with several units - have the same folder structure on all.

This is relevent when starting any sync service.

I work with web and with presentations. So I constantly have to witch between PC and mac. (Checking the website or presentation works on either system.

Then I have all kind of images, templates in my file and I need to get these on a regular base. With sugarsync I have all my files no matter what platform I'm working from.

And the files are there! Always!

What File Storage and Sharing solution do you use?

SugarSync review by <span>Tom B.</span>
Tom B.

Used to be good - but deleted data and no support

What do you like best?

It allows syncing of any folder - and having been a user for at least 5 years (I think nearer ten) used to just work

What do you dislike?

It's deleted all the files in one of our directories. This has happened before - but I just undeleted them. This time they have disappeared from "deleted" too. I submitted a support request three days ago and heard nothing. I cannot have such an important function untrustworthy.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Don't! If you do, make sure you take full, regular back-ups so you don't lose everything

Constant live back-up

Syncing files between team members - so we can work on same files despite being remote on laptops

SugarSync review by Administrator in Law Practice
Administrator in Law Practice

SugarSync Works

What do you like best?

Once SugarSync is up and running on a device, it provides excellent backup, with almost no effort or thought on your part. You don't have to save files to a particular folder - and I have SugarSync backing up the files I keep on OneDrive and DropBox too, as extra backup. I've been using SugarSync for about 7 years now, and have it installed on multiple devices. It's not cheap, but overall I'm a satisfied customer.

What do you dislike?

It's rather expensive, and their customer service isn't very consumer-friendly, to say the least. I wish SugarSync would do a better job of explaining the benefits of their service (versus competitors) to the general public.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you're looking for really good, independent file backup, and the ability to backup up files on multiple devices "as they are" without having to move files into a specific place in order to back them up, SugarSync is a great product overall.

Overall backup of all my files on all devices. I like having a "third party" company backing up files that are also stored on OneDrive and in DropBox.

SugarSync review by <span>Michael B.</span>
Michael B.

The best way to backup constantly with little work

What do you like best?

I like that SugarSync backs up any folder that I select automatically. I and most of the staff here, have SugarSync running always. Unlike Google Drive, where I can still back up anything I want into a single Drive folder, SugarSync uploads multiple folders without me having to do any extra organizing. The set up is extremely simple and the amount of storage they offer makes it easy for all of us to upload as much as we would like. It is great that I can access anything from my laptop, desktop, and mobile phone all through SugarSync. I never have to worry about not having something with me, as long as I have access to the Internet. There are so many cloud storage options out there, but SugarSync seems to be the easiest and most simple way to back up everything on any of your devices.

What do you dislike?

SugarSync, as expected, does slow down our network, as it puts a lot of weight on it with so many users backing up their devices. It doesn't cause much of a problem, but our network analyst can easily see how hard it is working. I do tend to get some unnecessary mail as an admin, but that is just my opinion. Others may want a play by play on what is happening with new users. I, on the other hand, would prefer not to be so informed about small things.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Make sure that your network can handle SugarSync or do not have it running constantly.

SugarSync has helped us easily solve the issue of losing data. In the past, we have had server issues where all of our backed up data has been lost. Also, our employees often do not take the time to back up their devices to an external drive. SugarSync does everything for them. After an initial setup, there is so little for them to do. This insures that if anything is deleted, if we run into problems, or if someone is working on a new device or someone else's device, they can still access all of their files through SugarSync.

SugarSync review by <span>Elisabeth G.</span>
Elisabeth G.

Great Storage Capacity Mediocre Interface

What do you like best?

This service allowed for varying levels of storage usage and syncing over multiple devices with a high level of control - different folders could have different sync options.

What do you dislike?

I hated using the interface: Online access was cumbersome and the ap for smart phones and tablets was worse. While the system created a local folder that was easy enough to access/streamlined to your operating system, it did no good when trying to access files that were not locally stored.

I subscribed to this service for about 3 years. I no longer use it, as there are other cloud storage options available that are free or part of a free bundled service for something I already pay for. Over the course of the first year, this service allowed me to store and back-up data and access it through multiple devices. However, the company revamped the interface at least twice over that time frame and I did not experience added convenience through either.

Learning about SugarSync?

* We monitor all SugarSync reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.