Suitcase Fusion

Suitcase Fusion is a font management software program with auto-activation plugins for Adobe products and QuarkXpress.

Work for Suitcase Fusion?

Learning about Suitcase Fusion?

Suitcase Fusion Reviews

Showing 9 Suitcase Fusion reviews
Suitcase Fusion review by <span>Maria Clara D.</span>
Maria Clara D.

Works well though conflicts can be interesting

What do you like best?

The ability to create multiple folders to sort my fonts, as well as the ability to permanently or temporarily turn fonts on and off

What do you dislike?

When there's a conflict it can be incredibly difficult to resolve (depending on the font in question) and if there's a conflict with a system font, you're pretty much SOL. I've also ended up seeing browsers act a little odd with displays when fonts are turned on or off but that may be by virtue of poor CSS calls.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I'd like to see the text preview function a little more cleanly, sometimes when I go to type preview text (that doesn't accidentally have unicode or any odd characters in it) the entire display will blank out, notably if I'm within a sub folder.

As a web and print designer, the ability to sort all my fonts (and turn them on and off for client work so I don't have the memory hog of several hundred fonts running simultaneously) is fantastic.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Suitcase Fusion
Suitcase Fusion review by <span>Cindy M.</span>
Cindy M.

Suitcase Fusion to avoid Confusion

What do you like best?

I love that it has automatic plug-ins for my Adobe products. I also like that it's easy to manage my fonts and turn them on and off as I wish instead of having all my fonts loaded into my computer and slowing it down.

What do you dislike?

I dislike the look of the latest version. It has a few glitches with my Adobe InDesign program that I'm still trying to work though. It's not auto-activating all the time. I also dislike that I have to purchase an upgrade every year or two. Typically, the upgrade happens when Adobe does an upgrade. They at least offer a discounted price, but it still is a hassle, but the biggest issue with that is that it just stops working properly. It doesn't really tell you that the new operating system or new Adobe version is no longer supported. So you have to call them to find out why your program no longer works correctly.

Recommendations to others considering the product

It's a great program. I used this program for over 5 years while working at printing companies and loved it so much that I bought it for my own personal laptop for my own projects. I've personally owned Suitcase versions 6, 7, and 8. I bought version 6 in 2015 and had to upgrade to version 7 in March 2017 and again had to upgrade to version 8 in October of 2017. The upgrade versions were half the price of the original each time.

This program makes my life easier and my computer faster. I've tried other font management programs while working at a printing company, but this was always my favorite and still is to this day. It's clean and easy to use. It shows samples of the fonts. It's easy to search fonts. There's different views you can see the fonts as alphabet and number samples, or you can type in your own text to see each font displayed. This is useful because there's often a certain set of letters or that I'm trying to search for while locating a font. You can also setup font sets, which is great if you have a particular client that you deal with or your own personal company. If you/they use 12 different fonts in their project, you can create a set and turn the set on whenever you work on their stuff.

What Other Design solution do you use?

Suitcase Fusion review by User

Suitcase Fusion is great, but has limitations

What do you like best?

The reason I went with Suitcase was that it would automatically sync google fonts. It also allows you to organize fonts into collections, and search for similar fonts.

What do you dislike?

It's a bit buggy. To activate fonts, I have to close the program that I'm working in, activate the font in Suitcase, then reopen the program. This gets to be annoying at times. One reason that I purchased this software was the integration with Adobe products & auto font activation--however, I wasn't able to get it to work in version 4 or 5.

Recommendations to others considering the product

If you have a large number of fonts and don't want to have them all installed at once, this is a good utility, especially if you get the newest version (I am using version 5). I was never able to get the font auto-activation with Adobe products to work. Hopefully that has improved in newer versions.

It does allow me to view the different fonts on my computer without having them all installed at once.

Suitcase Fusion review by <span>Jesse S.</span>
Jesse S.

Fantastic Resource for Designers

What do you like best?

The fact that Suitcase functions essentially as a plug-in is what makes it such a crucial and easy to use tool. 9/10 times we are using Suitcase Fusion entirely to upload, manage and implement fonts into design projects across platforms.

What do you dislike?

There is not much to dislike with Suitcase. It works as well as any other product for this resource possibly could. However, future iterations should have better syncing and setting memory capabilities.

We are a design agency and projects get formulated, edited and shared in numerous iterations across a multitude of platforms and devices/users. With the constant updating of Adobe Creative Cloud, non-uniformity in users' individual devices and server storage for all files, keeping a constantly correct catalogue of fonts and having those fonts appear properly in files and projects is an absolute necessity.

Suitcase Fusion review by <span>Cory O.</span>
Cory O.

If font management had an 'easy' button.

What do you like best?

I like the ease of use for this product. The closest thing I've found to rival this product is the typekit withe adobe creative cloud.

A HUGE plus is the ability to manage installed fonts with the click of a button, not bogging your programs down with the entire collection.

What do you dislike?

I've had issues with fonts uninstalling/deactivating themselves. This isn't a huge deal breaker, and I'm sure they've fixed it in the most current versions.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Its a definite upgrade on fontbook and perfect for small agencies and flourishing freelancers.

Efficiencies! Time is money, and the most effective work yields the biggest margins when selling creative services. This aids with that.

Suitcase Fusion review by User

Suitcase Fusion

What do you like best?

What I like best about Suitcase Fusion is how friendly user it is. I like the way you can add Libraries and sets to that. It's lets you know when you have double conflicting fonts added. You can also add TT fonts and Mac fonts to same family.

What do you dislike?

I do not dislike anything in Suitcase Fusion

Recommendations to others considering the product

I would consider using this product than any other Font book. It is so easy to use and works great with Adobe products. You can store all your clients fonts in separate libraries with your customers name on the sets. Works great with all PC and Mac fonts

I can keep all my clients with separate library fonts for each client. I can add sets to different jobs, It makes jobs faster when I need to use just certain fonts that I have saved in each set.

Learning about Suitcase Fusion?

* We monitor all Suitcase Fusion reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.