Sumac

Sumac is nonproft CRM suite that offers solutions in donor management, volunteer management, fundraising and event management

Work for Sumac?
Netsuitefornonprofits leader  nonprofitcrm  2x

Learning about Sumac?

Sumac Reviews

Ask Sumac a Question
Showing 11 Sumac reviews
Sumac review by <span>Eliza G.</span>
Eliza G.

Very great and well organized!

What do you like best?

This software is great. It is very well organized and put together. I didn’t know it well when I first started using it, but once I got a feel for it, I knew it well and was able to organize data better than I was able to do so with Excel at my last summer job.

What do you dislike?

I’m not sure, honestly. I guess it might just be hard for someone who isn’t as tech savy as I am to use. Its functions aren’t exactly obvious.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Go for it. Very easy to use once you play around with it for a bit.

I had to orgaized patient data with this software at my former job. I realized I can use this platform to easily store and retrieve data when I need to do so.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sumac
Sumac review by Administrator in Marketing and Advertising

Excellent Donor Management Software with Great Support

What do you like best?

In searching for a new donor management system, I went through an exhaustive search process comparing features and value for money. Ultimately, we settled on Sumac because of its ease of integration with the existing donor database, ease of integration within the office, and ease of use. Originally signed up with a Bronze level account and quickly upgraded to Silver for the ability to manage more donor contacts. Having cloud access is a major plus as the organization has its fundraising team located in multiple countries. Sumac being located in Canada is a major plus, and their support is excellent.

What do you dislike?

The UI is quite barebones and not built for aesthetics. It is fairly user friendly. This is a minor quibble as I'm sure they intended the application to be as lightweight and easy to install as possible. It runs on Java so each time a new Java update is rolled out, it will initiate before you open Sumac. Once again, these are minor issues.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Since you can use the trial, try it out and see if it's right for your organization. I think you'll be pleasantly surprised with everything it can do, for a fraction of the cost of competitors.

The ability for a fundraising team located in several countries to collaborate in cloud, and create / update donor records is extremely important to the organization. There are more robust features, such as the ability to run comprehensive donor reports, add notes to individual accounts, as well as email donors which we've barely begun to scratch the surface of - these will all be extremely useful for our purposes.

What Nonprofit CRM solution do you use?

Sumac review by <span>The Arc L.</span>
The Arc L.

Sumac software review

What do you like best?

As a Non-Profit I have found Sumac to be the answer I was looking for to manage both clients and donors. After initial set up it was easy for my team to use and update information. The training videos are very helpful and available at any time. I highly recommend it for other non-profits.

What do you dislike?

The setup was not as easy as I thought. I wish I knew more about how to prep for it

Recommendations to others considering the product

do it!

Quickly accessing communication and donation records for a client. It is so easy to see all the components surrounding a person and who they are connected to.

Sumac review by Administrator in Mental Health Care
Administrator in Mental Health Care

Great for Case Management and Donor Relations

What do you like best?

As a social services nonprofit, we use Sumac for both case management and to track donor relations. The database allows us to segment all of our data so administrative staff can use the donor relations profiles, while our clinical staff can easily access all of our clients' information and record their interactions. The forms are also a great feature that have helped us with reporting.

What do you dislike?

We have encountered a number of issues with compatibility when java updates become available and automatically download. Typically we have had to call to have Sumac tech support help us out.

We have been able to store two very different types of data sets in one database. The multiple different entry options available (check boxes, drop down menus, etc.) have helped make our data entry more consistent which makes for more accurate reporting.

Sumac review by Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management
Administrator in Non-Profit Organization Management

Customized Database with Sumac

What do you like best?

Customization: our non-profit is a collective of 8 partner organizations that each offer their own programming, but unite under one common collaborative. In this, we require our database to operate as 8 separate databases, with the ability for data to be tracked across all partners and programming. Sumac was able to construct a database for us that met this need, with fields customized to manage youth participants in exactly the way we need it. As our collaborative grows, Sumac has enabled our database to evolve with it, always finding creative solutions to meet our changing needs.

What do you dislike?

With such a complicated structure for our database, unfortunately it can be tricky to upload our data in the correct format. Files have to be meticulously formatted within a certain file type, and the set of steps from data gathering to completion is sometimes frustrating and unforgiving of minor errors. Again, this need for rigorous process is likely because of our operating such a complicated and layered database.

Recommendations to others considering the product

*Great system for tracking attendance records

*High quality and in-depth customization

With hundreds of attendance records from various partners being submitted each year, Sumac allows us to store, sort, and report on all of this information with ease. Allowing this level of customization ensures that tracking of participation across the collaborative meets our exact needs, and lets us retrieve important data easily and accessibly.

Sumac review by Agency in Individual & Family Services
Agency in Individual & Family Services

Great Customer Support

What do you like best?

Sumac offers great software that is cost-effective for a smaller non-profit.

Their customer support is always helpful and quickly and patiently answer all of our questions. While we don't use all aspects of Sumac's software, there are many components that we would like to incorporate into our practice.

What do you dislike?

Up until now, we have only had a Silver membership which would have Sumac installed for one user on one computer. We are looking forward to upgrading which will allow us to use Sumac, when a colleague is using the computer where it was installed.

We keep track of our donors and and allows us to keep track of all their information in one place along with issuing our tax receipts.

Learning about Sumac?

* We monitor all Sumac reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.