Sumo

Ask Sumo a Question
Showing 43 Sumo reviews
Sumo review by <span>Harley V.</span>
Harley V.

"SumoMe is for automating the growth of your site"

What do you like best?

I like that SumoMe is cooperating with Google Analytics. This is the best service for monitoring and analyzing the work of your site. The interface is pretty straightforward and it's not hard to understand for the beginner. It has a convenient dashboard that collects all the information together. It's also an excellent technology for capturing all emails.

What do you dislike?

The presence of branding in the free version, but this is not a problem since we are already thinking about buying a paid subscription. It has a lot of great opportunities.

Recommendations to others considering the product

Excellent service for the growth of your sales and income. Definitely, try it. Its integration is very simple and it works with any website.

We use SumoMe to increase visits for our site. Since the number of views is very important for us, we constantly monitor where visitors click and what they pay attention to. Using SumoMe, we improve our design and make it more enjoyable for use.

Sign in to G2 Crowd to see what your connections have to say about Sumo
Sumo review by <span>Sydney M.</span>
Sydney M.

"Great tools too many issues to be useful"

What do you like best?

The service comes with several marketing tools. It's nice to have everything in one place, rather than having to install several different tools and plugins.

What do you dislike?

I have issues installing the software, coding issues everytime I add a new site, and ongoing coding issues that pop up out of nowhere. I'm a pretty tech-savvy person (I'm in digital marketing, after all), but the fact that issues keep popping up is bewildering. I also don't like the price. For how much we pay, I would expect minimal issues, less bugs in the software, and more features.

Recommendations to others considering the product

I understand my issues may not be typical. That being said, I would suggest looking at other tools. One reason I chose Sumo is because I liked the idea of everything being in one place, rather than having to download several different tools and plugins. Now, with all of the issues I've had, I wouldn't matter having to use different tools if they all work properly.

I use Sumo to gain new email subscribers, advertise current deals, and engage readers and shoppers on social media.

What E-Commerce Tools solution do you use?

Sumo review by <span>Tyson D.</span>
Tyson D.

"Do your job faster and easy."

What do you like best?

I can say that is a wonderful kit of working tools which helps me to increase our traffic and track our success each step of the way. I like to reach my results and make them real.

What do you dislike?

Never had problems with traffic speed. Also, I guess that all system how to use is not hard so it is will be for everyone simple to understand.

Recommendations to others considering the product

With this platform, you will enjoy every working step. To work and to use that software is really very simple. You will have the most open and comfortable way to create your working process. Work with powerful tools which will make for everything that you need.

We have the ability to develope our traffic. The wonderful platform which helps us to be more professional at our projects. We like to control all information about our visitors it is always good when we can know every thought.

Sumo review by <span>Sonny S.</span>
Sonny S.

"SumoMe is really not bad "

What do you like best?

The service has a very easy installation and initial setup. Also, the product has a good dashboard, and the most important is that you can access it from your site.

I like that it has a built-in Google Analytics. The most important that it helps me easy to get more newsletter list signups.

What do you dislike?

For beginners, the user interface will be complicated. Also, the premium prices are higher than those of competitors. Otherwise, I have no complaints about this service.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The service has an excellent free version, so I recommend trying it out. The features of the free version are very large.

I use this service in conjunction with WordPress and the integration is super. Now it is easier for me to increase the number of page views and find new subscribers. I already have an increase of about 15% and this is the beginning.

Sumo review by <span>Rachel K.</span>
Rachel K.

"Sumo Me SUCKS! Please Use Something Else"

What do you like best?

Their interface on the back end is clean. They have a lot of tools you could use on your site (if you want to risk your site looking like it is broken for many of your users). The help material is detailed and well organized.

What do you dislike?

The main parts that I dislike are 1) Some of their tools ONLY work on the latest browsers and operating systems (unlike all of their major competitors). Their pop ups will actually BREAK YOUR WEBSITE if a user doesn't have the latest technology. For example, if there is a new version of iOS and ALL OF YOUR USERS don't upgrade, when they view your website on their Iphone or Ipad or Mac without the latest operating system and version of Safari, it won't work. It would be kind of annoying if the pop ups just didn't show for these users. But it actually greys out your website content so your site looks broken. Talk about making a REALLY BAD impression with your potential customers. Here's what it did to my website when it was supposed to display a pop up with exit intent: https://www.screencast.com/t/LPjTbOb3. See how it greys out the website and locks everything when you try to leave the site. If you think your target customers may be using Apple devices or a Mac without the latest operating system, you should look for a different service provider. I highly recommend Thrive Leads or OptinMonster. 2) When I requested a refund from them because their tools don't work for me, they were extremely unhelpful and condescending. They said they only give refunds after 3 days. So unless you are able to design and create all of your opt ins and test them in multiple browsers/devices/etc. in 3 days, you are out of luck and lose your money. I asked to speak to a manager three times and they REFUSED. Can you believe that? They wouldn't even let me talk to someone else who would listen to the details of my situation and offer a reasonable solution. 3) Their marketing is misleading. They advertise a tool to include a buy button anywhere on your website: https://sumo.com/app/buy-button. The problem is the tool doesn't actually work. They decided to archive this tool with no notice and won't fix any of the problems with it. I contacted their support team and they suggested I build my entire store using the old version that isn't updated or supported. I can't imagine why any business owner would take this kind of risk when there are so many alternatives that actually work. 4) The way you enter their dashboard is a little slide in box at the top left of your website. If you don't add custom CSS to your site, your website users can easily click on their box and are asked to log in to Sumo. It also pops up on mobile devices and takes up a big amount of the screen if accidentally clicked (which is easy to do because it it located so prominently). Why would they design something that so easily confuses your website users? Why not just have the log in where only admins can see it?

Recommendations to others considering the product

I highly recommend you use one of their competitors like Thrive Leads or OptinMonster. They have a lot more benefits like 1) Their popups work on older Macs, Iphones and Ipads 2) You can have people opt in to multiple email lists depending on which pop up offer they saw. This allows you to send targeted emails to people in different lists. Sumo only lets you pick one email list for ALL of your pop ups.

The point of the software is to help you build your email list. I have not had that benefit myself since their popups don't work on my website. Their customer service team recommended this to me as a solution to their tools breaking my website, "I would suggest reaching out to your users and advising them to upgrade to the latest version of Safari." Wow, really? Who would actually upgrade their browser or operating system just so they could opt in to an email list?

Sumo review by <span>Millard C.</span>
Millard C.

"Software to increase"

What do you like best?

The best what I like it, that I easily can work on my traffic and increase it.To access it and you will take it some seconds super fast. Which is good for working time.

What do you dislike?

Work with no rush.Nothing seriously. As for me, will be nice to have a notification every time.That really missing here.I hope they will work on it.Anyway, I like that product.

Recommendations to others considering the product

The program is super fast and very easy to use it. If you really dream about the good job which doesn't have a stress than you can think to be with SumoMe.

It's helping me to improve my performance.With that the best tool we increase web traffic, shares.Also with effective email work, we never get stuck.And helps to monitor our visitors who are watching us.

Learning about Sumo?

* We monitor all Sumo reviews to prevent fraudulent reviews and keep review quality high. We do not post reviews by company employees or direct competitors. Validated reviews require the user to submit a screenshot of the product containing their user ID, in order to verify a user is an actual user of the product.